Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WI, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap and you watch the JITs beat down the Patriots.
Speaker 3: I am your favorite Aunt Janny Shark.
Speaker 2: He is your favorite, Number eighty five, the Runner, Extraordinary, Liberty City's finest. He's a former pro bowler, All Pro Cincinnati Bengal Ring of Fame honoree, the Legendary, the One, the Only, shad Ojo Sinkle Johnson.
Speaker 3: We just call him Oho.
Speaker 2: This is the That's Me Show, Nightcap. Please make sure you hit those subscribe buttons. Please make sure you hit that light button and do it's a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And remember every subscriber counts. We thank you for counting, We thank you for mattering, and we thank you for helping us achieve the level of success that we've been able to enjoy for the last year. And go check out Shave by Laportier. Hopefully within the next say, six to eight months. We should be damned near every state, but if we're not in a state or sitting near you, you can go to our e commerce site and we'll ship it directly to your door. Thank you again for your support for Shave by Laportier. Please go follow of my media company pages on all platforms that shay Shed Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned at the top of the check and if you've ordered merch in the last three weeks, it's being shipped out this week, so it's getting printed up. It'll be shipped out at the latest, I'm gonna say tuesday.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of orders.
Speaker 2: We had to feel the latest order should be tuesday, so you should start receiving your merch Wednesday, Thursday, Friday next week. Again, thank you for all your support, because guys, you help Bunk and Oho Nightcap out grow immensely.
Speaker 3: And we thank you for your Lorty and your dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you watched this game last night. We didn't think it was gonna be much, but the Jets did a great job. Aaron Rodgers looked unbelievable. Aaron Rodgers to eighty one passing yards, two touchdown. The Jets defense recorded seven sacks, and at the end, Drake May got an opportunity to play. And you know what, it might be a sign of things to come because you kind of know what you're gonna get with Jakobe Brissett. You just one of the rook learn a little bit. You was kind of hoping probably Brissette could get a little farther into the season. Oh joke, But it doesn't look like it. But you know what you're gonna get Jakobe Brisset. He's not changing anybody's life. But give the Jets credit tonight they look really good. Aaron Rodgers look good like he normally do, like he normally does. Now he looks like the Aaron Rodgers that we saw in Green.
Speaker 5: Bay, Yes, he does.
Speaker 3: What did you like? What did you like most about what you saw from the Jets tonight?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what I like.
Speaker 6: What I saw most from the Jets is the consistency of their offense. Now there was a little law obviously in the third and fourth quarter, but the first and second quarter they look good going up and down the field, being able to run the ball, having a consistent balance of running pass. Yeah, girl, Wilson looks very good. Y, Mike looks good. The running game looks good. Now, this is the Jets that people were expected to see if Aaron Rodgers didn't get hurt last year.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: So with him being held now, he made me a little nervous sometimes every time he scrambled outside of the damn pocket and go out there and run and I'm like, it's like I'm holding my breath a little bit. You know, the keys is messed up. But again, something that other quarterbacks need to learned, like to it. Every time he got off the pocket was the first thing, Aaron Rodgers, did you get down first? Get a first get down? He first get down? Other than that, man, they look phenomenal in that defense. Yeah, you know, they didn't look good last week, but this week he looked much better. And the fact that this Patriot team that I just saw the night beat my goddamn.
Speaker 5: Bengals at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wek one.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going I don't know what you know what is going on.
Speaker 6: But listen, if you're a Jet fan, if you're in the chat and you're a Jet fan, even if you're not a fan of Aaron Rodgers, because of some all the all the extra currical activities he talks about and does off the field, the young man, this is the reason why they.
Speaker 5: Put it with his bullshit, and he gave you example of that tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, O Joe.
Speaker 2: When I watched this game, I'm looking at the Patriots and I'm thinking to myself, y'all had a game plan, Tom Brady, I got it. Can't run. The last thing you want to do is let Aaron Rodgers get outside of the pocket and throw the ball. That's where he's most dangerous. He made his bones. He's a four time league MVP. Yes, Aaron Rodgers can throw the ball from the pocket. He's one of the most prolific throwers of the football that we've ever seen. But he's most dangerous outside of the pocket. That's what you do to a Tom Brady. You forced Tom Brady off his mark. Yes, Tom is accurate outside of the pocket, but he's not as accurate outside of the pocket as he is in the pocket.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers is the flip side.
Speaker 2: Yes, Aaron can beat you from the pocket, but you would much rather have him because you don't want to give him that kind of time once he escapes the pocket.
Speaker 3: Now he can't run like he wants.
Speaker 2: He couldn't run like he could when he was twenty eight, thirty two, he's forty nine. We understand that, but his arm is still just as dangerous. And if you let him by time outside of the pocket. And we know this about Aaron, if you studied his career, he loved throwing the ball to the tight end. And this tight end came up with some big catches on third down to keep the chains going, give them an opportunity to stay on the field get three more downs. But I didn't really like the game plan. Of the Patriots because they let Aaron get outside to his left. They let him get outside to his right. That is a game plan that you have for a stationary quarterback. Tom Brady, a Peyton, Manny or Kirk Cousins. Yeah, yeah, I ain't worried about y'all going nowhere. So I'm just gonna make sure I'm gonna get you off your mark in the pocket. But when you look at you, look at them. They ran the ball, okay, not great, not great, not great, They ran the ball.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The defense did what they were supposed to do. What I think was an overmax team. You're dominating, You're dominating. That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: A team that you're better than, you supposed to come out of the game feeling that you're better than.
Speaker 3: Not like, man, I.
Speaker 2: Wish we had played better. We're supposed to beat that team by X amount of points. So when you play somebody and you got and you're better, damn there across the board, this is what you're supposed to do. Now, they missed the field goal, and I'm sure there's there's some things that Aaron and the offensive staff is gonna look at like, you know what, guy, we probably should have had another ten fourteen points. Yeah, easy, And you know we feel a lot I mean, we feel good, but we feel a lot better about ourselves. I think that's the thing that the coaches that I really appreciate about a lot of the coaches that I played for.
Speaker 3: Oh so that even when we won the game, he's.
Speaker 2: Like, we're gonna go back and watch the field because there are some things that we can do a lot better to make sure that we're clicking on off celinders.
Speaker 3: Everything going okay.
Speaker 2: But the Jets, you know, you now you get ten days, you don't play a game until the following Sunday.
Speaker 3: You get some time off.
Speaker 2: You played a lot of games in the first eleveny you know, because they had a Monday night game, then they played a Sunday, and then they came and played a Thursday.
Speaker 3: So you look at them, out of three games in a span of eleven days, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's a lot on a forty year old body. And so give your credit for going go ahead.
Speaker 3: One thing.
Speaker 6: You know, Aaron ain't practicing. You know, you know you're practicing. He definitely if somebody gonna take some.
Speaker 5: Time off it's gonna be him.
Speaker 6: I don't know who the backup quarterback is or whoever the number two quarterback is for the Jets.
Speaker 3: But he gonna get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so, yeah, ty tyrod and he is some reps in this week because Aaron Rodgers is taking.
Speaker 5: All that off.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, first of all, oh Joe, they probably won't be back till Monday. So you get Friday off, Saturday off, Sunday off, I see y'all, Monday, get a lift there off Tuesday week back at this thing on Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 2: So, and I think that's the that's that's the proper step. And probably this week everything was all walked through. Ain't nobody doing no? I mean your body, I mean, because you know how sore you are, man. You play a game on Sunday, man, you sor till Wednesday. So they got there's a lot of film studies, a lot of film study, a lot of walk through.
Speaker 3: But the Jets what the tour two in one right now?
Speaker 2: The three and eleven games, I mean eleven days, three games, eleven days, so you have to feel good. Yeah, you'd be loved to be three and oh with ten days off, but you have to feel good. You won this game on a short week. Your offense look good. They're starting to pick up steam. Aaron is starting to figure out what his guys how they liked the ball in game situations because you can practice an but game and practice is a lot different. And you saw some of the throws that he was making. He's as good as with the back, with the back, show the ball as we've had in this league and at any point time in their career. You see him hit Garrett Wilson with his back showed the ball. You see him here, Mike, Mike, who's that? Mike, who's that? You know that Garrett whilst on the touchdown?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought, yeah the first Gonzales Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit Lazar Lazarre, steam rolled his way into the n zone. And then what the second touchdown or second or third touchdown? He hit Garrett Wilson, who did a great job. I think the only thing that Gonzales made oh show. You know when you're on the inside, you can't reach like this, reached like that reached, Yes, you reach your body and you know, trying to make a play, I mean trying to make a play. You're down, you're desperate, and you try to make a play. That's the only thing that will say, that's the only thing I will see with Gonzales. Look, I'm not no great dB, but I'm probably sure time or what did the revs or what are those other guys will tell you the same thing. When you're coming from the inside right, you reached like that. But other than that, he ran a great route, Aaron Rodgers threw a great ball, was a great ball, is gonna be great coverage anyway, So it might have not even made a difference. But give Rogers, give this office created twenty forty three, probably saying I'm sure they're kicking them selling that man. Probably thirty four three, thirty four, thirty eight three. We feel a lot better about ourself.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what it should have been.
Speaker 5: Miss field go.
Speaker 3: Remember that mister field goal at not the half.
Speaker 6: Not only in missis field go is the half? But the penalty is taking him back out of field goal range twelve. Yeah, missing some of those points that they could have had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the thing is that if you look at it, Brailin Allen again, fourteen touch no, fourteen touches sixty eight yards, so thirty four for that's a buck fifty one, that's not bad. Thirty four four a buck fifty one a little over four yards the carria. So they ran the ball better than I thought they did, because it seems like every time I looked running to the line, they would get stopped.
Speaker 3: So I guess I mean, so when you look at it, Ojo.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's a lot of carries and they're doing a great mixing it up because we know Aeron is great off the play fake, great off the pay play fake, and you can have those, you know, you get the ball down the field, and he's great at the line of scrimmage. They gave him a lot of leeway. He knows this offfense backwards and forwards, so he has a lot of leeway at the line of scrimmage. But I like this two headed monster with Breeze Hall and Brayland Allen. They can run the ball. They're only gonna get better, especially when the weather gets get bad. Oh yeah, that's not gonna impact Rogers because he coming from Lambeau, so it's not like he's coming from Miami or La somewhere and all of a sudden it's gonna be hard. He know what, it's like to play in the coal. He knows how to get his body ready, how to spend the football in the coal. But they might be a situation where they gonna they're gonna be They can be an issue. They can be an issue for somebody, especially once they get this thing going, because they can play coverage in the back end with those two corners, the defense can get out your Quinny william h or what is that McDonald. I think that's the guy that they brought in in place of Hassan Reddick, and I think he has four or five OJO.
Speaker 3: He's played extremely well.
Speaker 2: So I think that's the thing where they're like, okay, we got a guy that got in three games, got five sacks.
Speaker 3: Let's not make a.
Speaker 2: Rash decision and pay him side ready twenty plus million dollars. Now, had he not had those numbers, O Joe, that might be a different story. But you know how ride receiver holding out the number two receivers going crazy.
Speaker 3: So in three games he got three hundred yards, the three touchdown. Let's just hold on.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can go another week, cause you know how teams thank Ojo. Aaron Rodgers touchdown past the garret Wilsonocho in the third quarter was its four hundred and eighty of his career. It was one of the first he's thrown to a wide receiver drafted in the first round. Look, he's gonna have five hundred touchdowns, which is which is a bench? I mean three hundred used to be three hundred was the gold standard. Comes before these guys started throwing routinely for thirty and forty touchdowns.
Speaker 3: And then we had a couple of guys hit fifty touchdown.
Speaker 2: Mahomes hit fifty, Brady's hit fifty, Manning gets hit fifty.
Speaker 3: Manning has also hit forty nine.
Speaker 2: Now the standard if you don't throw for four hundred five hundred touchdowns, three hundred touchdowns ain't the same. It's like a baseball player the number you hit five hundred home runs and you back three hundred. Now, hell, you got to have back three hundred, have five hundred home runs and three hundred stolen bases in order for people like well, he had a good career. But Rogers is gonna throw for five hundred touchdowns and with the as fewer interceptions and he's gonna throw for he might be in a situation I don't think he has one hundred interceptions.
Speaker 3: Does he have one hundred interceptions yet?
Speaker 5: Ask?
Speaker 2: I don't think he does four hundred and eighty touchdowns with fewer than one hundred interceptions. Let them seek in because I think he has like a forty one TV to touchdown interction interception ratio, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Two to one you can live with.
Speaker 5: Mm oh, you.
Speaker 3: Got one of six, he got one O six, O Joe.
Speaker 2: For eighty to one O six, he still got the highest touchdown to interception ratio with the lowest what high touchdown lower interception.
Speaker 3: So he has that best in in the history because.
Speaker 2: He there are times that he would the whole season throwing forty plus touchdown in single digit interception. He might not have more than two seasons in which he has had thrown double digit touchdown I mean interceptions, which is crazy, which is crazy to just go to show you how good he is. Oh my bad, oh Joe, he has three.
Speaker 5: It's funny.
Speaker 6: It's funny how the landscape of the A s c S has shifted down completely totally shifted. Now it was always dominated obviously, always always consistently dominated by the Patriots. How things they have changed everything there shifted back going the head coach is.
Speaker 5: Going to be on the top forever. Yeah, you're right, but it was on there for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yas Okay, Yeah, I mean that's that's a long time nobody's nobody's had a run. And maybe you got to go back to the forty nine ers. Oh show, when the forty nine ers in the eighties, when they ran the NFC West, you had the Rams, you had the Falcons, you had the same. People don't realize that was way long time ago. But the Falcons, the Ram, the forty nine ers and the Saints. We're in the NFC West. Yeah, and the forty nine ers ran that division, right, but they didn't run it like what the what the Patriots did from two thousand until until Brady left it?
Speaker 3: What a division? Damn near every.
Speaker 5: Year that that that's crazy. So you know what now?
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously Aaron Rodgers, based on where he at whees adding his career, like, I think they have a chance to dominate the AFC East, especially depending on how long it takes tour to get back, how far behind the Dolphins are in the division as well, and how well they can do with Tyler Hunty and Scotland Thompson. There's a chance that they got what about flow Listen. I love Josh Allen, Right, I love Josh Allen. Excuse me, I love Josh Allen. I don't think he has enough pieces. I love I love Kean Coleman. I love everything they have, but I don't think he has he has enough pieces to be able to compete.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has to do too much.
Speaker 6: I think he's gonna have to put he's gonna have to shoulder the entire load.
Speaker 5: I don't think he has enough. Well, no disrespect to him.
Speaker 6: Obviously they're playing roll right now, but I'm talking about You'll see what happened when they played the Jets.
Speaker 2: You'll see what I mean. He made the thing when you look at he ask your care. He has those two tight ends Dawson, Knatson, Kink you mentioned Coleman. They can run the football a little bit with James Cook, I forget the other running back. Yeah, but the thing is when you got that quarterback, you always have a chance. That's all you need is him. When you got him, Mojoe, you got a chance. And he's one of those guys that give you a chance to win every single game. That's what makes that's what makes those guys so special because you don't go into a game. And I can just speak from experience, from having the top flight quarterback. When he had seven, when I had a John, it wasn't like, man, I hope we win. I hope if this goes well, that goes well. I know any time he's under center, we got a great chance of winning. And we didn't have to play our best because a lot of times you go into the game where if we do this, if we don't turn the b all over, if the defense can do this, if we don't, if we commit fewer than five pills, we got no, we got seven. We got a great chance. We don't have to be perfect, and we got a chance to win. And I think the thing is for him is that now that he doesn't he's under man a little bit. The last thing he can do is turn the ball over at the ratio that he's been turning it over throughout his career, because now you don't have the man power to come from behind like you once could.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be very very interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, what did you make about the exchange with Robert Slid after the touchdown, Aaron seemed to push him.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 6: I think they just play playful Bantha between hit you know, co coaching players. Okay, okay, yeah, they just played play between coach and player. Yeah. Nothing, nothing, nothing too much.
Speaker 5: And I saw it.
Speaker 6: I actually I had to. I watched it three different times just to make sure. You know, you know, there's a smile on both faces, and he and he walked away.
Speaker 5: It was nothing. It was nothing.
Speaker 2: Bryce Young is looking at looking in the mirror, falling the past decision to bench him just two games.
Speaker 5: I hope he not. I hope he's not.
Speaker 2: Mail Jackson say, I started with the man in the mirror. He acknowledged the decision was a surprise and said not something I necessarily necessarily was expecting. Obviously, not something that was great to hear. But I respect coach Canalis and I respect the organization. At the end of the day, we had a ton of drives, a ton of game, and I didn't do enough during that. I look in the mirror and I take accountability for that. For the most part, every snap it hit my hands, I didn't do enough with it. At the end of the day, and.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear that shit.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: He It's okay. I know you're the quarterback.
Speaker 6: You're the most important You're the most important player and most important position on the field because you touched the ball every goddamn play.
Speaker 5: But come on, man, you listen. You have to say the right thing.
Speaker 6: Bryce Young is saying all the right thing because he's in a position where he has to.
Speaker 5: You went to a fuck and dumpster fires.
Speaker 6: The reason they were the team to pick and had the first picking the goddamn draft. Everybody can see it. Your family gonna tell you the truth. Your friends are gonna tell the truth. I'm tell you the truth.
Speaker 5: It ain't you. Ain't nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Shit, Ojo, did you know?
Speaker 6: Listen, listen, find me somebody at the Old Testament, find me somebody at the New Testament that can come play for the goddamn Panthers and make a goddamn difference. Nobody, boy, Jesus himself will come down here them. Goddamn Sam was even waring. Ain't nothing changing. Funk is bad there. When Sam Donald was there, they said it was Sam donald fault. When Bacon Mayfield was there, they said it when Baker Mayfield's fault, Rice Young is there.
Speaker 5: They said it is Bryce Young's fault.
Speaker 6: Sam Donald a god damn Baker Mayfield on off too, motherfucking historic starts again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bacon.
Speaker 2: I think Bacon might have went to the last year something and he played very what else since he's got out of that sets pool which is Carolina And.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something, Chad. I want you stay with me real quick.
Speaker 5: Listen to me.
Speaker 6: Dave Temper knows Frank Wright got fired and begin eleven games. He understands David Temper has a very short fuse and had little to no patience at all, and not understanding that it takes time. It takes time you knockinna buy your way into having a successful team.
Speaker 5: It takes time to build.
Speaker 6: So I think Dave Canats is sitting back, well, you know right now, I think my goddamn job is on the line, Yeah, because I don't think we can win with Bryce Young not understanding that elephant in the room is more than just Bryce Young.
Speaker 5: There are other issues that need to be addressed.
Speaker 6: David Temper knows that mister Knealist knows that as well, and I'm ask you one more thing. I'm gonna let you talk, because if you don't stop me, I'm gonna keep on going.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: There's thirty one other quarterbacks in the team. Chat, be honest with yourself. Thirty one other quarterbacks in the league that are starters. Name one that would come that can come to the Panthers team right now and make a goddamn difference. Please tell me. As matter of fact, I'm going to the game this Sunday. I think the Panthers are playing the Raiders in Vegas. I gotta work that game, so now I get to see it in person. So when we do the show Sunday night, what did I tell you?
Speaker 5: I just saw this person?
Speaker 6: It ain't bright, young, but go ahead, go ahead, I'm thirty eight hot.
Speaker 5: The problem that making that damn speech like he did issue.
Speaker 2: The problem is is that owners, let's just say, owners and ads. You get a team, a team that went won one game or team that won three games, and you expect, no matter who you hire, to come in and all of a sudden gonna be a playoff team. Y'all come in, all of a sudden, You're in the college football playoffs. Do you realize how bad you were before you got into before you change rezipt, you regime.
Speaker 6: You know what the problem is. You know what the problem is the people that positions of power. They're not football guys. We have businessmen buying teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the problem.
Speaker 6: Businessmen that use money and they know that what money does in the business world, it changes things right away.
Speaker 5: Well, in the football world, that's not the way.
Speaker 2: You sure, because in business you can create a product and it changed a fortune just like that, whether it's the iPhone or or the iPod or whatever the case may be, you can create something and instantane, instantaneously, it changes your life.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're fortunate enough and you get a quarterback, it can change, it can.
Speaker 2: But but what about the piece? Do you have to remember? Patrick Mahomes went to a team that had Travis Kelcey and Tyreek Hill, and if I'm not mistaken, it had what's the guy, uh the running Kareem Hunt. But he I think he got in trouble and he ended up they ended up shipping him out. But and then they went and got Sammy Watkins. So they surrounded him. As great as he was, they surrounded him with talent Yeah, that's what you gotta have, no matter great, I don't care how great. You gotta have something. And I'm not saying that the guy you needed. Random all Jared, Rice and Too all on one team.
Speaker 3: But do they fit?
Speaker 2: Do the pieces fit? And see that's what everybody said. Well, Tom Brady ain't got no help, no, no, no. Those guys that Tom had they fit because everybody can't go. You can't take guys that are being alpha dogs and used to being the guy and said, Okay, you got two basses this week, we're gonna run the ball forty times like they did, like Edelman and Welker and and Amondola and those guys that don't work for Jerry, that ain't working for Too, that ain't working for Randy.
Speaker 3: That ain't working on Joe.
Speaker 2: And I tell people that, I said, y'all look at and y'all look at Elbeman, y'all, look at Amon Dola, y'all, look at Welcome, y'all, look at the receivers, and y'all think, well, they're not Jared Race. No, but Jerry ain't playing that system. You better get car of that damn ball. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, you better get Hey, you better give Marvin Harrison that ball. Okay, better drive happened and Marvin ain't seen the ball? Okay, y'all did that that quietness fool you man. Everybody can't play in every system they think, Oh great, no no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: You better get those guys the ball.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna talk about Tom and saying how he approached situations with the receiver, how he would talk each and you hear me say this all the time. If you're a leader, you can't leave it. Lead everybody the same. If you're a coach, you can't coach everybody the same. You treat them all fair, but you don't treat them all the same. You have to understand by being around, being observant, talking and understand what's the best way. Oh oh, he's so sensing. Okay, you try to you try that approach. I'm just telling you, having been in the locker rooms, Oh telling you, and I got over almost two and a half decades in the locker room. I'm telling you what somebody said. You could say somebody is sensitive and solve all you want to, but if you approach the wrong guy the wrong way, he gonna go outside your head is gonna be a problem. So you have to learn by talking to him, by watching a lot of times. You watch you know guys that I'm you know you form a relationship with. You watch them, who they talk to in the room, How outgoing there are? Are they joking? Are they laughing okay when they're on the field. Are they how engaged artie. You get a sense of what you can and can't say to certain people. You have to understand that's a grown ass man. You're in't in college now, you ain't in high school. So you being the captain and thinking you can talk to somebody a certain way, and to get you lumped up, y'all, I'm just telling you. I'm just telling you now. So don't let that feel your shirt fool you like you like like, if you're in high school, you the captain on the team more time than not.
Speaker 3: God the hard the captain ain't gonna try you.
Speaker 2: If you're in college, learn who to talk to, how to talk to him, Show everybody a certain level of respect because they deserve it, or he'll take it. So but we will get to what Tom saying a little later. Someone who's familiar with the organization. Baker Mayfield was asked about the Panthers decision to brinch Bryce Young.
Speaker 3: This is what Baker had to say.
Speaker 8: Obviously, mine didn't happen in the same time frame that price.
Speaker 7: But quarterbacks are especially for young guys, when you're not surrounded with the pieces that you.
Speaker 8: Know, not giving the opportunity to have success. And so that's a.
Speaker 7: Lot of the time guys have the talent, they might have the brains, but they don't have the right opportunity to right fit. I mean, I'm sitting here right now in a way better fit the other places I've had, And that's that's not to put other teams down, but it's.
Speaker 8: A matter of the pieces around you, the.
Speaker 7: Coaches, and for Bryce, the guy that you know, I can relate to this, finding that belief within yourself again and he'll get his stories far far from Fash's.
Speaker 6: A key word, Yeah, one of the key words, he said, the pieces around you. I said all the time, a quarterback is only as good as that supporting cast.
Speaker 5: You can only do so much. Yeah, now I'm not supporting casts is bad. But there there's Oh cho I could oh cho.
Speaker 2: I can look at my plate and I got broccoli and asparagus the mushroom, and I could believe man, that's a steak man, that's chicken man, that's cramped leg.
Speaker 3: I can believe all I want to.
Speaker 2: That's broccoli, that's mushrooms, and that's whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I can believe all I want to in myself, But if you don't give me the pieces around, believe it in me and them not being able to do what I need them to do is not going to It's not it's not the day receiver you played the You and I both play dependent positions, but a quarterback is dependent also.
Speaker 3: He's dependent on his receivers getting open.
Speaker 2: He's dependent on the offensive line to protect his ass.
Speaker 3: So we all play dependent positions.
Speaker 2: Running back is dependent on the offensive line opening holes. He's dependent on the tight end and the wide receiver's blocking for it. He's dependent on the quarterback carrying out the faith to hold the end on the back side. We all play dependent positions, so everybody is dependent on everybody else to do their job in order for us to function and operate at maximum capacity. Right now, Yes, he's lost confidence because he's never lost this many games. He's never he's he hasn't been it's bad in a very long time, and.
Speaker 3: So it's messing with him. So now he's thinking, is it me? Is it me?
Speaker 2: What did I do? What could I have done differently? What should I have done differently?
Speaker 5: I think there's nothing you can do to another team.
Speaker 3: That's what you could do.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 6: I hope Bryce Young see this, boy, don't you ever question yourself as far as you come, as far as you've come, even winning since high school he was probably winning, and god damned junior high.
Speaker 5: You look at the landscape. You've been playing football long enough to know.
Speaker 6: Don't you ever look at no marrior question yourself and put out no goddamn statement like that.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I know you got to say it. You a quarterback, you know you have to be PC. But nigga, please excuse me, my man, Come on, man, don't do that.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: And then also when you did your interview not too long I think it was a last week on Yeah, and he said, they asked him, how is your confidence? Oh, my confidence in the Lord?
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 6: I understand you know you're a man of God, a child, but hey, well, don't answer that like that. Don't answer that like that. Don't answer that like that. I mean, the answer like that is a man to me.
Speaker 3: That's lost confidence in himself, who lost.
Speaker 6: His confidence to even say it's with him, we orreagnosed with him. You ain't got to say that, right, You ain't got to see that. I'm feeling good. I'm going, but I'm a bounce back. I ain't lost nine bit of confidence because it all started up anyway. The game of football on chat, the game of football is ninety percent mental, ninety especially at his position, with as much.
Speaker 5: As he got on this play unk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, this right.
Speaker 5: He has got to be right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got a hundred things you.
Speaker 5: Got to worry about when you come up by that huddle.
Speaker 6: Believe though, Ojo, if you answering a question about your confidence being with the man upstairs, he's going and it shot.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: You and I both know playing the position. We believe. I believe that was the baddest mofo on the field. You believe the exact same thing. I don't care what, I don't care who on the other side. I know what I bring to the table. I know the work that I put in. It's all that talking they was doing. I know what look oh, Joe, I I almost got traded twice. And I remember telling Mike. I went to mic office. I said, make what you fail to realize? They ain't another tight end that can do what I do. And that's that. And I say that disrespectfully. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, no, no, no, I'm saying that disrespectfully. They ain't a more for out there. And I don't care who you talking about. They can't touch me. They can't. I say, how many tight is you know can go get you one eighty? How many tight is you know? Can go get your thirteen catches, get your three tubs on thirteen targets. Come on now, I said, So I get all of that you want to put you. I say, but they can't do what I do. Not only can they not do what I do, they can't do what I do in the locker room. Yeah, that's the point that you really failed, a miss. I said, But you know what, one day, I ain't gonna be here and you're gonna realize and all the stuff that was taken care of before it jumped on your desk, right you like, well, damn where all these problems come from? M h Yeah, Hey, Ford, took care of it before it ever got to you got upstairs, I say so. But as I left the Baltimore and it came back our relationship, he saw me in a different light because sometimes you only see person that's catching and touchdowns and you don't realize there's so much more than that.
Speaker 3: My value.
Speaker 2: I never looked at my value as just being able to catch the football or just being able to score the touchdown. I had value in the locker room that made sure guys were able to go do what they needed to do on the field because I didn't let locker room issues spill over, right, And you know, you keep the piece you bridge, Like, Hey, at the end of the day, we we gotta win together. Hey, I understand we got differences, but the difference that we dealing with, they ain't got nothing to do with this right here, right, I said, because y'all arguing about somebody, y'all both at work, y'all don't know what she doing. I'm gonna leave it at that, right. Tom Brady used Jillian Edlman and Randy Moss's two elite wide receivers as example to explain how he approached his teammates based on their personality. If you wanted Julia, who had incredible mental toughness, to play his best, the way you do it is take him off. I would say things like, Jules, wow, you look really sluggish today. He glared at me and be so angry. But I knew he channeled that energy to prove me wrong and go out and lay great.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: Randy was wired differently. Randy responded better to validation. Randy, you look amazing out there, even in practice. If I went too long without throwing him the ball, I go over and say how much I valued him and remind him that I was always looking for him on every play.
Speaker 3: You see, yeah, you see, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: See how you have to approach guys now, Randy and Julia. Basically they wide receivers. One a slot was not right. But you gotta play.
Speaker 5: Completely completely different mindsets.
Speaker 6: You gotta be able to. You gotta be able to as a quarterback. You gotta be able to manipulate them to keep them engaged. You don't want to get you want to want to lose a moss up here in game. You know how hard that is to get him back on track.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, somebody like that.
Speaker 6: But once you lose him up here and they check out mentally in the game because the ain't getting.
Speaker 5: The ball, oh shit, or don't get it? Hey, oh think and don't get it.
Speaker 2: Prime example, O yo, prime example. Look at Randy Moss in no years in Oakland. Look at Randy Moss when he got the New England mm hmm. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: Hey, it wasn't nothing wrong with him. It was nothing wrong with him at all. Nothing, But they'll play.
Speaker 2: You see your leader, You see what your leader did. He understood the personalities, he understood his teammates, and he knew how to approach him. You see, y'all. Hey, man, man, hey, Randy just being.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, y'all do it y'all way.
Speaker 3: I gonna tell you. You do it y'all way, and each boss you do it differently.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, if you want to be a great leader, if you want to be a leader of men, yes, sir, you understand their personalities and you understand what makes them tick, and you appeal to that. Because all I'm trying to do is get the maximum out of you. See, my job is to make sure that I get more out of you than you think you can give me. See, that's what a coach is supposed to do. A coach is supposed to push your player, father, and he can think he can go on his own and get more on you than you, even though you got in you. So that's what coming back and watching and listening. I listened to the guys talk. When I say something, I listened who laughed, who gave a little rot smile? I watch how they maneuver it in the locker room. I watch them in the cafeteria. Sometimes I just go into the cafeteria. See what they ate, see how they dress, see how they moved. I'm all often, Hey, how soon they get to work?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: How early they show up for the plane? When they're on the plane. How engaged were with the teammates? Were they on their little DVD players? Were they watching a movie? What would? What were they doing? After a while, I had a good sense who I could joke with. Hey, hey, bro, my grandma could have caught that one. Hey you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Hey, things like that, Hey, damn bro, what you do last night? Right?
Speaker 2: You get a good sense of who you can and who you can't. And once you, once you appeal to.
Speaker 5: That you're good.
Speaker 2: See when people say I don't want to know about yes you do. You want some bad Hey, O Joe, you did good today, Ojo, That's that's nice. Oh man, O Joe. Man you saw O Joe Man, o Jo got the PURNI tea hair, clean skin, Lizzen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all.
Speaker 2: Yes, you promote. If you get a promotion on your job, that's validation. Yes, that's why people take get upset.
Speaker 3: Ojo.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't get that promotion. I do see you in the validation. Man, I show up on time, I do all my work. I've been here, X Y and zus many see. So athletes want that too. I feel that I've earned it, not what I just want what I earned. And so that level of respect that comes along with the way I played, with the way I've conducted myself. Man, I'm telling you to hear Tom. I mean, he's not telling me anything. Having been in locker rooms, having been a leader of a team, you understand this, O Joe. You've been around this thing. You know how guys function. And when you win a lot of games, and Tom, it's one more game than anybody from a player standpoint, and you might not go fight it. You might not find another player to win that many games again, So he understands.
Speaker 3: And you notice.
Speaker 2: They don't nobody say anything bad about Tom. I think that might be his not the touchdown passes, not the Super Bowl wins, not the playoffs. Is that what guys say about him, not to his face, but behind his back. That's the That's the mark of a great teammate, of a great leader, of a great person.
Speaker 3: All that other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know the numbers, but look how his teammate speak of it.
Speaker 5: Always positives, always away.
Speaker 6: I was one of them. I was one of them, and I didn't know. I didn't know what to expect. When I got to New England. You know what I did. I got a understanding of who he was, and I got a better understanding of why they always won.
Speaker 5: And it starts at the motherfucking top, it does, and it.
Speaker 6: Trickles all the way down to the goddamn head coach and the quarterback.
Speaker 5: That together were special. It was special.
Speaker 6: It was special, and I wish, I wish y'all could have been inside. And one of the other things I said to myself was, for god, damn, Tom is really cool. But the Tom that he portrays on camera ain't really talking.
Speaker 3: About got to protect the image.
Speaker 6: Now having to protect that image being in New England. Now he kind of came out of shell when he was in Tampa a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they came out of shap.
Speaker 2: A little bit, started getting I g a little more, started started starting to present himself a little more. And I think that was the hardest thing. I think the hardest thing when people like I haven't really heard Tom do really do a game. I think the thing is people like you're saying things, let's say, but you have to understand he spent his entire career of not saying nothing, and now he wants people to listen to what he has to say.
Speaker 3: See, that's the heart. That's the part that people are trying to get over.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 2: You never said anything, you never spoke, You only gave us cliches, you only gave us coach bet.
Speaker 3: But it's early.
Speaker 2: Like I said that, he's only gonna get better because he's gonna put the work in to get better. So I don't know, Like I said, I don't I look, and I think the thing is is that what he's up against, the two guys that preceded him and to go to the number one spot Tony Romo and Greg Osen. Greg Osen wont anm me. Tony Romo was was was lightning in the bottle? So what so?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: What do they expect now with Joe? Everybody that come off? Man, he ain't Tony Romo, He ain't Greg Osen?
Speaker 5: What damn?
Speaker 2: Some people are natural. That's just like saying quarterback. Well, because if a rookie quarterback, no, well he ain't no CJ strouds what damn? Everybody ain't CJ. A lot of people that wasn't see J.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean they can't be good. Some people get better over time. And I think Tom that's what Tom's gonna be. But that's the that's the thing that he's working against, is that the expectations people have and how they saw him. But I mean, what y'all want him to do?
Speaker 3: Right? What you want him to do? Y'all don't think he know the game?
Speaker 2: You don't think you don't think he knows what he's talking about from coverage from the front. Absolutely, but his thing is not I don't think he'll ever be a guy like Romo that would like a lot of times like sometimes he would tell you to play well, I think this is what's gonna come jail.
Speaker 6: You know, it's funny with Romo as a quarterback. I think Tom had that same that same visual based on a formation based on down and distance, based on the team and their tendency and what they like.
Speaker 5: He could probably guess it too.
Speaker 3: Yes, and a lot of these courts, does he know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bingo and thinks you know, offenses don't change no matter where coordinated, though they take that same off.
Speaker 3: Wretch. Yeah. Yeah, that's why he knows Spagnola so well. He knows facts.
Speaker 2: He played, He played against those defense So yeah, I just and and and and Troy guys are really good. But damn get a man some time. Damn y'all wanted y'all wanted the man to be John Madden rested. So y'all wanted to be John madd not the box.
Speaker 5: At week one? Uh they did.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Mayl Kip for having a hell of a check this morning on how to insert more downfield passing back into the professional games. The NFL is being ruined by these two high safeties. Two high safety should be outlawed.
Speaker 8: What what?
Speaker 5: What is mal talking about man.
Speaker 6: This is since what happened when somebody has has has been in the position that has it never played the game, but it studied the game and knows a lot about the players coming out of college and knows the ends and the outs and all all the little nuances. And then he talks good and during the draft. Now you're saying something needs to be outlawed for what?
Speaker 8: For what?
Speaker 6: How about you realize that the goddamn offensive line play is fucking horrible this season. That's why the guy damn horrible. Look at the left tackles. Look at the right tackles in today's game, look at it.
Speaker 5: Pay attention.
Speaker 6: You'll see why they goddamn numbers are down. It has nothing to do with goddamn cover two to man, none of that shit. Or two safety looks like goddamn mal shit. I mean so so in other words, so in other words, he wants the touchdown rate to keep going up. I mean, he'll gonna be satisfied till you got five quarterback throwing for fifty touchdowns in the season. And guess what, when damn Marino threw for forty eight touchdown they played cover too. When Peyton Manny threw for fifty five, they played cover too. When Tom played throw for fifty, they played cover too. When Patrick Maholls throw for fifty, they played cover too.
Speaker 2: Marino threw for forty a five thousand yards back in the eighties, they play cover two.
Speaker 5: It's just ridiculous and matter of fact, how about this, If you're gonna take out the.
Speaker 6: Two high safety, right, you got corners having to play man and man with some of these elite receivers not having no goddamn help.
Speaker 5: They need the motherfucking raise.
Speaker 6: The goddamn paid for the dv's and no, let the let's let the DBS make sure the DB's making thirty men in here.
Speaker 5: If they got to cover these Xavier Worthy and.
Speaker 6: Crystal Olive and uh Rashishi Heat and all these fast dudes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make it leaving.
Speaker 2: I won't make it either, for if no more cover two, you can't have a wide receiver on the field that runs for three or faster. Since we since you want to, you want to hand the captain defense they got they got to play on this single high. Okay, all your receivers got to run it. Leads four folk run food high.
Speaker 5: That's that's a. That's a trip, man. Come on, man, I love you. Listen, mel I love you and I respect your baby.
Speaker 2: But come on, man, you do realize they went to that they used to All they played was single high safety until Bob Hayes. Bob Hayes came into the league. How you the world fastest man. You're gonna play him in single house with a man coverage?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He the fastest man on the planet, and you got a dB. Now, remember now is dancing like Ginger Rogers and Fredi Staire. Ginger Rogers had a harder job because she did everything Freda Staire did, and she did it backwards in heels. So we're asking these dbs to do everything Tyreek Hill does, but I need you to do it.
Speaker 3: Backwards backwards with no help.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. It be a touchdown on every play.
Speaker 2: If you had, if you just had to play single house, yeah, for sure, touchdown. But it's gonna be a lot of yards.
Speaker 6: Listen, you play off at seven yards and keep everything in front of you. But all they're gonna do is march right down to god damn field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to be able to switch it up. You gotta play cover too. You gotta play quarters. You gotta play fifty five, you gotta play six kicks, you gotta play seven eighty eight bucks.
Speaker 6: Come on, I don't think I don't think Mail was thinking like I did you think that process through? You know, there's there's a reason for different coverages, there's a reason for different different defenses.
Speaker 5: You know, it makes the.
Speaker 6: Game difficult for quarterbacks, so they don't know where to go with the ball, right, and there's a reasonably bluff.
Speaker 5: That's a reason why the safety dropped down.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a reason why they got THEMN office the live ship stright before the you know snapper the ball, Like.
Speaker 5: Come on, man Ojo.
Speaker 2: You remember in college. You remember in college they say, man, y'all need to do what the no huddle the spread? These are these no huddle offenses. They're gonna get somebody.
Speaker 3: No, you have to.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to coach your team up and get them in better shape so they can handle them where. You're gonna have to get your quarterback smarter and understand where to go with the football, get them to study better and stop putting the ball in the arm's way because they're not telling the offense. Well, you can't run empty. You can't run five wids, you can't run three by one, you can't run. Come on, man, y'all just want the office to just to go up and down, y'all. So just I'll tell you what this this happened. DB's the defense played with once you You can only watch you, Dan, y'all at some point in time. Damn, let the defense win. Give me something, Joe, let me win something, well, Dana.
Speaker 6: All the damn rules to end this in today's game are predicated towards the offensive players. They got the goddamn not mail. You can't touch the receivers past five yards. You can't touch you can't do nothing. Now he wants to hit him.
Speaker 3: Too hard, Oh, Joe, remember I can't hit him too hard either.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't hit him and back.
Speaker 6: You can't make him think twice aboy coming across that God damn middle receivers be out there catching stuff like the mona Lisa smiling, one hand in the air.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm trying to think. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sure it might have happened, but I don't remember all these catches with one hand, Like you see these guys going across the middle. Yeah, look a pretty and these guys checked the free step flint route, Oh joe A three steps man, Mike single charac boy.
Speaker 5: And your head had been listen, your head would have been rolling black.
Speaker 2: You'd have a vibor over your ear hole because that's what you've been looking out of as soon as you brought you as soon as you brought your answer to that three step flat right on, Yo, you better let that back of clear man.
Speaker 5: Well, you better than me. Hit me, hit me in the second window, sir.
Speaker 3: Ye, thank you hit me in the second single tar clear.
Speaker 2: You better let raiding him clear offer doll and all those guys earl Lacker a free step flint.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't want I don't wante of that.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, mm hmm nope. That ain't nothing but a headache. That that's where that's where you're sitting on the bench and the trainer. How many fingers that got up got out.
Speaker 8: What you have?
Speaker 3: He had, that's what he doing. You know here you okay, mm hmmm, you know where you are? What they have for breakfa this morning?
Speaker 5: Oh? I remember them day stop?
Speaker 3: Oh yoe.
Speaker 2: Dan Campbell is selling his home after the Lions fans found his address after after NFC Championship lost. Dan Campbell has listed his five bedroom, seventh bathroom Bloomfield Hills, Michigan home he shares with his family for four point five million due to security concerns.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of space. It's on two acres. Al Uh.
Speaker 2: The home is beautiful. It is just people figured out where we live when we lost. O Joe, what's your take on this?
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I just says that's putting his family, his kids in danger. Come on, danger?
Speaker 3: Is that serious?
Speaker 5: Ojo? I mean with fans, I've never never I mean I've never experienced it, you know, to that nature. Uh. But but for the sake of his family and his kids, is it's okay to move? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 6: If anything, if anything, I mean, I would hate to say, maybe you need to hire twenty four hour security detail.
Speaker 5: But you shouldn't have to.
Speaker 2: Give the coach Jay z he I mean like I mean, I mean, like you, Jay Z, Beyondes, you Lebron, You're one of those guys somebody like that, you know you Oprah or you like you know you somebody like that.
Speaker 5: But the coach should have to do that. Yeah, but just just to be safe though, huh oh yeah, just the.
Speaker 6: Fact that the fact that you have to up and move is that yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure it would probably make your wife uncomfortable, It would make the kids uncomfortable. So just for their safety, to make them feel secure, you know, security, twenty four hour security, just you know, watching over.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't I honestly, I wouldn't move.
Speaker 6: I would just have the security detail on hand during the time your families come home and the wife would come to home.
Speaker 3: And the key.
Speaker 5: I mean, not that twenty four hour security not as expensive as you think.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't. I don't really, I don't really think it's that much. I mean, if goddamn security all the goddamn.
Speaker 2: Time I talk about your homeward security, now about real I'll talk about I'll tell you I was this trip that's trade.
Speaker 3: Uh, situations I got, like you know what I'm saying, like that.
Speaker 6: Think but the fact that he has to move it doesn't make it any better because everything is public knowledge. Everything is public information if you know where to live. So I mean, it's it's it's unfortunate. So you don't want to be hopping from place to place to place every time fans find out where you got damn leave. If anything, If if I was if I was mister Campbell, if I was mister Campbell, I stay put. Get that twenty four hour security you tail when when the kids are home, when the wife is home, or they're coming home from school, and and and.
Speaker 3: I just I just have it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, Joe, I could answerly say, and this the gods on this truth.
Speaker 3: I never want to be that famous.
Speaker 2: I still wanted to maintain a level of I mean, this celebrity that that has been, that its thrust that I've that I've that.
Speaker 3: I've had over the last year and some change. Yeah, yeah, I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm trying to you know, meeting Michael and to see him and to see the security detail with it, to see Lebron and to see and to see these people and to see the detail that's with them. Man, Yeah, Lebron ain't going to no target. I bet Lebron ain't never been to target. Bron ain't probably been to the movies the movie theater since high school. I'm talking about buy him, you know, what I'm saying here and Savannah, he and the board.
Speaker 3: He can't do none of that, right, I can't.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny is I couldn't be lebron type famous because I'm too fucking friendly.
Speaker 3: Now, you wouldn't be that way, I go think about it.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine if I imagine me being Lebron type famous and I'm fly places and I'm asking people to pick me up from the airport.
Speaker 2: That would never happen because you your your risk and they would. The First of all, you have to understand familiarity breeds contempt.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You have to be careful. You have to be careful. You if you were that famous, you wouldn't do that. You don't think so?
Speaker 5: Hell no, I think I would. I wouldn't change.
Speaker 2: You don't understand what that level of fame is. First of all, you would be you wouldn't be flying like that, you'd be flying private.
Speaker 8: For one.
Speaker 6: If I was that famous and I was still making that kind of money, I definitely a flying private.
Speaker 3: And your your your your your your, your yourself safety.
Speaker 2: Ri Now, if you wouldn't to put your life on the line and your family life on the line, will go ahead and have had it.
Speaker 5: Nah, and then I'm low key anyway, So I really would I wouldn't be in the line like.
Speaker 3: Be low key with you and that famous How you gonna be low key in that favor?
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not six ' nine.
Speaker 3: O yo, you said that? So where you think lel L MESSI going.
Speaker 6: All you got to do is dress normal, dress normal, put a hat on. Nobody know it's you can you know, listen, oh little I got something for you.
Speaker 5: How about this?
Speaker 6: You know how slabs You know how they always go ahead guys? Yeah, they they were surprised. Oh we saw so and so together. You know, they call them people, they call them photographers to let them know this is what we're gonna be at. You know, you had your pr hit them though, it's really gonna be at. And they catch you taking pictures where you don't want to be seen.
Speaker 5: It's easy not to be seen.
Speaker 2: No, here's the thing though, O Joe if oh, oh Joe, you're gonna be at the grove. Hey man, guess guess who on the reservation lifted list tonight as such as such at the grove right right right? Okay came slides or something. See now, how you think they get you? That's why you can't. That's why from the police. Anybody come in the police bartle. They got somebody there, They got somebody at the courthouse. That's how information get out on yo, people, do you understand what the cat say? Cat told us, I'll pay for information, all these sites of pay for information.
Speaker 3: That's how they knew.
Speaker 2: What did they know about the situation just happened? They knew Diddy was about to get arrested.
Speaker 5: Didn't it.
Speaker 3: Before it even happened, they had started reporting on it.
Speaker 6: Oh, in matter of fact, let me tell you. Let me tell you the game they playing too. Now, let me tell you, Oh, he's on suicide Watch.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me tell you the game they playing that hold on? Yeah, I said bad.
Speaker 3: I just feel bad.
Speaker 2: I feel bad because I think, you know, in a situation like this, I guess. I guess, Oh, Joey, if I was a fan like that, fan is sure for fanatic, I guess I.
Speaker 3: Just don't care.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't fin to call nobody, I ain't fin to curse nobody out about no game, right, But I definitely ain't going to somebody house people got the ability to protect themselves. Man, that man feel like his family being threatened and let everybody have it. Yeah, come on, fans, come.
Speaker 3: On, I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean Detroit, Detroit, I mean neither the NFC Championship game and it was like one game away they had won something system what fifty seven?
Speaker 3: Come on, I get it.
Speaker 5: Come on, fans, we get we gotta do better than this. Now, y'all going to the man's house.
Speaker 3: M h And that's there for me, job sock. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, my little brother, right, my little brother, just text me, say you talk about if you was Lebron famous, talk about somebody catching it's about man food.
Speaker 5: They hold you for ransom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, you ain't talk about you talk about oh dumb please, that's why he one ding.
Speaker 5: That's right, man. Listen, God, God do better. God, God, all your kids, all your kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, got God knows better than the blessing with that that that kind of thing, you know, because.
Speaker 2: Gave me more fame. He gave guess what, oh Joe, he gave me more fame than I deserve. Yeah, he gave me way more, way more.
Speaker 3: Than I deserve. Yeah, but you know it is what it is now you it comes, it comes along with a territory.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: As you start to make a certain level, you start to get good at a particular something. Yeah, excuse me, especially for if if it's a professional sport, because now you're on television, people recognize you, especially like basketball, because they can see your face. We're we're in the light, you know, we do digitally, we're on television, linear television. People see us without without the helmet. So we're more recognizable, more visible. Now maybe with that kind of money. Man, they're still the hell out their kids. All your how many kids? What you have to have security on all your kids?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm my kids carry that's right, and they can't please you can't. Hey, you have to put all you have to put all that thing. Yeah, you got you.
Speaker 3: That's the life.
Speaker 5: That's theah. That's that's different. That's different. Listen.
Speaker 3: I would I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't wish that on nobody anyway. I wouldn't wish that on nobody, you know. And the funny thing about it is, there's certain individuals, there's a select.
Speaker 6: Few that are at that height of fame and power or select few, and the fact and its just like anywhere you.
Speaker 3: Go in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, it don't matter like you go, you go to Africa, you go to Russia, you go to China. You know there's not a place. I mean, you're gonna have to go to some of the most remote places on the continent for them not to know who you are.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, can you go to you know they're gonna know I.
Speaker 5: Could do it.
Speaker 6: I couldn't do it because I'm just too sociable. I'm too fucking frid I like to I like to be out and and Jordan, you.
Speaker 2: Have to understand, as you Skojo, what you fail to realize as you start to get that level, you start to distance yourself.
Speaker 3: You can't be that way.
Speaker 5: You don't think Lebron. You don't think Lebron was sociable at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Jordan was sociable at one time, Tiger was sociable at one time. All the people that you're talking about with social at one time. Then you start to realize, where can I go? And you got to sign ten thousand autographs, take fifty thousand pictures, damn you.
Speaker 5: Know how miserable. Yes, I'm glad that I'm That's why I'm glad. I'm right.
Speaker 2: Well everybody, yes, yes, it's like because like you think about Ojo.
Speaker 3: You signed fifty autograph. You don't sign fifty one. You a dick. Ben o'jo's an asshole. He was hire. He's a for liar. You so bad bad Fojo. He do all that talking. Man I has to brought for a pick, brought him signed five hundred.
Speaker 5: The volume. M hm