Speaker 1: We have a very special guest on the podcast today. You're sure to recognize her from the season three episode Those better not be the days where she plays adult Kimmy Gibbler. Rhonda Sheer, Ronda Sheher is with us today. She is an actress, an entrepreneur, a former beauty queen, a stand up comedian, and author of her memoir Up All Night. We can't wait to talk to her about her time on Full House, plus all of the other amazing things that she's accomplished in her career, which is just absolutely mind blowing. Everyone, please put your hands together for Ronda.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. We are so happy to have her here. I'm so glad you agreed to this.
Speaker 3: Oh I followed you around when you were a little girl.
Speaker 1: It's been thirty thirty what thirty six years? Thirty seven years?
Speaker 2: Amazing?
Speaker 4: So how old were you when I was trying to think how old you are in that episode? I mean, I remember meeting your mom and oh yeah, my whole week was following you around to get your mannerisms.
Speaker 3: I mean, all of us. It was so great.
Speaker 1: I remember that I was so I was thirteen during that episode. Jody must have been what seven.
Speaker 2: Ish, Yeah, I think it was about seven, Yeah.
Speaker 1: About seven, And I remember, yeah, the three or four adult versions of us working with us, trying to, like you said, get the lines down, the intonation, the mannerism.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, oh, I remember that.
Speaker 4: And I've done in person asia impressions and people through the years in my stand up in comedy, but not that I'm precious, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, just a little business pieces. But it was all older people, but not you know, a young lady or child. It was fun and old.
Speaker 4: Jeff Franklin asked me he was a friend back in the day, and I went out with them a couple of times, like everybody else in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: That did not help my career. I loved Jeff.
Speaker 2: I loved you too. We all love Jeff. He just got engage. Congratulations, Jeff.
Speaker 3: He was a gentleman. I love him. He was great, my kid, brilliant. And I have a book.
Speaker 4: That your memoir, Ronie and the inside and I will love the testimonial. Andrea, it was I passed Rona to play Kimmy Gibler in Full House because I thought she was hilarious and headed for greatness.
Speaker 3: I was right.
Speaker 4: Jeffry, creator Full House, and Full House.
Speaker 3: Good to do that. He was really sweet. So you see, you've been part of my life too, So that's what makes me so happy.
Speaker 4: With all those sitcoms and guest shows that I did through the eighties and nineties, definitely Full House was the one that people remember and they talk about, Oh, I remember that episode with the kids grown up. So it's really funny to get a couple of things I've done that stand out over everything else. I had one line in Spaceballs, then with you guys, and of course you know other shows have done but that they people remember, and when the residuals come instead of recents like most of my shows.
Speaker 3: I think it's like around eight to ten dollars, so right.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's sometimes it's a nice little surprise. Sometimes you might be able to buy yourself a coffee now that ball are right there, not anyone else but you, right right, only if it's like just a just a black brewed coffee these days.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I have.
Speaker 4: To congratulate you guys, because I know you probably didn't know that at your tender young age is but to be on a show that is truly part of pop culture and American history, much like when I grew up in I would before. I mean, I watched the reruns of Lucy. But that's what you guys are like, is iconic? Is I love Lucy?
Speaker 3: And then of course growing up with Barbara Eden.
Speaker 4: When I met Barbia from My Dream of GI, I almost fainted and I interviewed her many times but she was so sweet.
Speaker 3: But you all, I mean, that's the kind show.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting here with two young ladies that I work with because I'm in another industry.
Speaker 3: Give it back in acting though.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, they're like, oh my gosh, I grew up with them I loved and I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's I mean, it really is crazy to think, like how much of an impact. I mean, we talk about this all the time, how much of an impact Full House had, and then obviously still coming back with Fuller House. But not only that, but like you said, this is one of the roles that you get recognized for often. It's yeah, so many guest stars have come back and said this is the thing that people know me as or this is the and it's been like one episode or maybe two episodes, and they're like.
Speaker 2: This is what I get recognized for.
Speaker 3: Because people are good.
Speaker 2: They were just so excited about the show.
Speaker 4: It meant a lot because for me, for so many reasons, getting cast well at the time I was doing stand I started doing stand up in like eighty three eighty.
Speaker 3: Four, so I knew Dave and I knew.
Speaker 4: I still can't keep me on that, yeah, loss, but but I knew Dave, and I mean I just knew them from the stand you know, you get to the improv and the laugh actually comedy store and seeing them there, and I dated for a long time a stand up so that was kind of part of the group. So it was just very cool the set with them, and I was making my way in a world where there wasn't still too many women.
Speaker 5: Now, I was gonna say that stand uphold is not u there's not a there's not a lot of women in it, but we once you kind of find you and back then even more specifically really bad.
Speaker 4: It's very much big hair and boobs and they.
Speaker 5: Well, and that was kind of it was like you kind of had to do that to be like, I'm going to get in the door with this and then be funny on the other you know, you know what to do with me.
Speaker 4: But as long as I was making the audience laugh, you know, I wasn't you know. I knew that you had to win the women over first and then they're gonna but but you know, I mean when people told me I couldn't do it, then I'm like, Okay, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm so I love doing stand up and I love comedy and sitcom always my favorite thing. And to this day, it was my dream when I moved up to LA was to get that, you know, to have that sitcom.
Speaker 2: Sitcom life is great.
Speaker 5: I always say it's the most nine to five of this business, you know what I mean. If you can get a sitcom that last review years, you're like, oh, it's kind of the sweet spot.
Speaker 4: It really is the best of everything because you were hurt for a week and then you put on a live play and so you've got the theater part, you've got the TV part, and back then before all the you know, everything's streaming TV.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was the watch everything.
Speaker 4: And I always when I moved to LA, I moved there for television and.
Speaker 3: Not film, and then I ended up, you.
Speaker 4: Know, hosting films on USA up all night and it's so funny. I could have done all those horror films and all those B films because of all the.
Speaker 3: Producers that came to the show. And I was like, no, I just want to do a sitcom.
Speaker 5: Right, You're like, now, I don't want to scream. I just want to be funny for people that don't know you. You're an actress, you're a comedian, you're a writer, you're an incredible entrepreneur. I mean, the list just goes on. You've really accomplished so much in your career. It's really incredible. And you've been around for you know, since the eighties doing this successfully. And I want to go back to the very beginning and like talk a little bit of what age did you know that you wanted to be on a sitcom?
Speaker 2: Or no, what age did you know you wanted to be an actor? You know, was it did you have family support or was that what?
Speaker 4: And probably you all might have the same similar stories. I was a shy child, so I actually pushed myself to do things and and and actually you were really helped me through a lot of things later on. I'll jump ahead for a minute, because you all were in that same PURSU were stars, but the.
Speaker 3: Pree me too movement right right.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't for a humor and me cracking jokes, it would have been a lot harder for me because nothing turned off a guy start trying to make a past and making jokes.
Speaker 3: So I had this outward look.
Speaker 4: Of sexy or the bowhem shelfing. I ended up using it because I couldn't fight it. I could never play the girl next door, so I just went with it eventually. But the truth of matter is I was nothing like that girl. I mean, I wanted to be the smart dump one. But the humor is what got me through a lot of I mean.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a lot of moments. I never took a meeting in a hotel room.
Speaker 4: Nothing wasn't asked, but it was you know, I was always I always had someone with me. If I didn't know what was going on, was sure an audition. But going back to original series, I started from New Orleans and I always I started doing commercials and then I entered pageants because I wanted to become a choreographer. So I actually did it a dance experience, I mean the talent portion I start of winning and one was Louisiana. One different pageants and one thing led to another, and then I'm asked to do local acting, and then that bug bit me. And then when I went to college, I stayed in school. I say that in town. My brother in New Orleans went to Loyola and kept acting. Then in communications, I didn't know if I want to be a newscaster and actress.
Speaker 3: And then through a weird thing.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you this, this is kind of a funny story, and you're probably a kick out of that time period. I post for Playboy with all my clothes on.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy eight. It was insane.
Speaker 4: They came through New Orleans doing Girls of the New South, and I was just curious and wanted to meet a Playboy photographer. So then I get in front of my own I know I'm wasting your time. I'm not taking off any of my clothes. He goes, No, we always shoot people with their clothes on. I don't know if you don't make the magazine. If we makes it, you're going to get on two hundred and seventy five dollars. And I'm like, okay, So I shot, you know, in a very southern New Orleans setting. It made the magazine. I was raining as a queen of something social society, not not a booty queen, but like something my parents have put up mine for just there in New Orleans, right right, They de queened me because of the connotation of being in the magazine I had all.
Speaker 5: My great I mean, that was what happened. I mean, I mean with the who was it Vanessa?
Speaker 2: Yes, miss yes, who.
Speaker 3: Won with America? Yes, but she closed not that.
Speaker 2: That mattered, but she right, But still yeah, it was that was it. And I mean that was the thing.
Speaker 5: If you were, you know, if you didn't fit into the box that people wanted you to, or you were you know, especially too sexy or do this or too then you that's it.
Speaker 4: You're not absolutely And that was down South. Well, I guess I've always had a little mischief in my blood. And the guy that had was head of the Floral Trail Society of New Orleans, well he was running for public office. So I had just graduated from college and I threw my hat in the ring and ran against him. Initially it was just to irritate love it.
Speaker 2: I love this, this is all to it.
Speaker 4: And I lost five hundred votes, and then I'm I think I'm a politician. So I applied for law school, got in, and then I just took a break. I'm like, I really want to go to LA And I asked my parents, can I just go there for three months? And I went to l A enrolled in the American Academy of Dramatic Arts because my parents had to see me.
Speaker 3: In a school setting.
Speaker 4: And then I guys are so young, but you'll remember, I think I got cast in a Bob Hope special that of Happy Days, and things happened really fast for me. And that was it twenty six years later until my first love, first kiss, First Everything reached out to me through classmates dot com. Van Fagan, my first boyfriend from Junior High from New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Wow, and we talk about Junior High all the time on the show and memory First.
Speaker 3: Love, First Love. So here I'm dating all these.
Speaker 4: I was with a really talented comic for many years, and I hid behind my boyfriend. I kind of used them as shields, like I'm taking my boyfriend to you know. So that was probably good or bad. But I never married. I just never felt I found the right person did. I would picture my clothes in their house and nothing ever fit or my I just it didn't Mark and I'm really and I really was shot I comedy. I pushed myself to, you know, to do that, and actually it did help for many reasons.
Speaker 3: You know. It just it put me inside.
Speaker 5: I find a lot I mean a lot of comedians tend to It's it's interesting because there can be so big and so you know, on stage, and then you oftentimes you meet them and they're a little more quiet or a little more reserved, or you know, just not quite as overly friendly or whatever.
Speaker 2: No comics tend to be people who.
Speaker 5: Are like very much in here the whole time, and then like they can let it out and then they're like, okay, now back it's in front of the mic.
Speaker 3: It's in front of the mic. You had this power to be anything.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like kind of my brother, behind of my right.
Speaker 4: I would it just it was just very free and I started an improv in the party Olympics plass.
Speaker 3: I love comedy and I loved physical comedy.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I didn't run through office one went out there twenty six years when I was working actress all twenty six years, you know, so that was really good.
Speaker 3: I had my sag insurance all the way through.
Speaker 5: That's great, that's success, right, That's really all that was.
Speaker 2: As actors were like, just let me afford the insurance.
Speaker 3: I think the mistake I made when I did USA All Night, I have to do that in case with watching.
Speaker 4: I used my own name instead of using a character name like Cassandra Peterson used Elvira right right. Getting off of the show, casting directors were like, well, who are you that?
Speaker 3: You know? They just didn't know what to do with me. But that's okay. At that age, I was like then forty, I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: My mother was like, are you ever getting married or you're gonna have a child. Well, anyway, long story short, I did end up marrying Van.
Speaker 4: But you'll like, I went to New Orleans to go back home to visit my parents and he was from New Orleans, so he was living in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was living in New Orleans and so I'm going to visit my mother. I was having a fight with this guy that I had a few dates with and saw some Pottenti with him, but it did work out.
Speaker 3: I said, well, I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: I'm going to see my mom in New Orleans, and I just wanted to irritate Van because I had just come off with TV.
Speaker 3: I was feeling really good about myself. I'm sin just and he was the only guy who really broke my heart at fifteen years old. He broke my heart.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, I'm just gonna show this guy he broke He had been watching me on TV. I had no idea what he looked like, right, I didn't see her in twenty five years Lo and behold he walks into my mom's house fifteen days later. Weale, Wow, what a love story. It was like he got you know what it was, and you I will relate to this too. He was such a man and I was used to dating. You know, I love comics. But you know he would fight me from maritime in the bathroom or you know. It was like, you know, if I got a job over him, because some stand up I could, I could headline over him, then he'd be upset.
Speaker 3: But here's a guy who.
Speaker 2: Was a narcissist.
Speaker 4: Sorry, this real man who he was just different and so but then we're like, he's living in laught again.
Speaker 3: I'm living in Beverly Hiltle.
Speaker 4: Now what so And that's when Terry grows our dear makeup orders for him. Yes, you're not going to ever stay with him. Never, You're never going to leave all lite, You're never.
Speaker 3: I mean, she wasn't. She liked Van, but she was. She just didn't think.
Speaker 4: I would ever live La, right, And I'm not a quitter. And we started this intimate apparel business never thinking it would go anywhere. We just did it literally to work together because we hadn't seen each other. And twenty two years later, we're one of the largest apparel brand, Intimate, a power brand on home shopping and QVC, and we continue all over the world. So you know, yeah, I have had many So I will send you some of my pretty.
Speaker 5: Yes, they are super comfortable and they're yeah, they're like Terry has told me all about them. And I'm always like, I love you guys, oh yes, yes, Oh my god, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: But I just love to see you know, women.
Speaker 5: Who like you, who who have gone through their lives and been like, oh, you're gonna tell me what I can't do, I'm going to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I and I like being one of those women myself. I just really, I have great admiraine for.
Speaker 3: And I know your story and I know your leadership. I know both. I mean I've followed both of you all and.
Speaker 4: It's amazing and what you're doing right now in this podcast which people love, which is amazing. But No, I was told no I was to this or to that. In la I couldn't run through office and I did. I couldn't be a stand up because I looked a certain way. I couldn't even when my husband I started the business, like you can't start an intimate a power of business. You guys have never been in fashion, but I'd always designed my costumes and things. But you can't do it because there's too many other there's too much other competition.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, I will do it my own way.
Speaker 4: And the one thing I think beauty pageants taught me, or pageants back in the day, is that as many gorgeous women as there was and talented in la As, I never looked left or right. I just did my own thing. I did with myself. I never said, oh my gosh, look at her on an edition. But I'll never get this role. And that's what you have to do, is just be yourself.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's such a huge piece of advice, is like, don't it's not about looking like, am I better than this person?
Speaker 2: Worse than this person? What do you want it?
Speaker 5: And you and you're so much happier because you're never there's always going to be someone more or better or this or that whatever. Fine, yes, but like I'm not trying to compete to be them. I'm just trying to be me, you know. And that's such a great lesson, is like just be you and do it well, you know, whatever you are, do that.
Speaker 3: And I think that was the.
Speaker 4: Reason why I stayed there and had at least set level of success and loved acting and love working. And what's funny now is that I don't know. I guess all the people that grew up with me, and you know, you got another thing that you all relate to. Well, you went back into fuller house, so they got double doses of you, guys, triple double more than that. Right. It's like all of a sudden, I'm getting asked to do all these conventions and movie hosting shows and acting. I did one film last year, another one this year, and I never looked for it. And I'm like I'm not an audition. I'm scared of that. I don't know how to do that. I just signed with an agent out of it Atlanta. So it's like, oh my gosh, me so wild if it all goes full circle. But you know, when you're not as hungry for it, then it kind of happens because then you don't care as much.
Speaker 5: You know, well, it's and it becomes more of a like I'm doing this because I enjoy it, not because I need it to somehow fulfill me and my my ego or who I am as a person. It's like, I get to do this, not I have to do this in order to be a full human.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: We have to go, I know, I know you have to talk about the episode we on.
Speaker 2: That's yes, that's what we are. Just I was just about to ask.
Speaker 5: I was like, I love all of this backstory, but I know what people really want to hear about. Oh my god, Kimmy Gibbler, and I will let you two take that because Jimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 4: Who, oh my gosh, I just I got you know. I do a little show on Thursdays every night there called Rodgers your Social Hower. I run all things I do and I can't get you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that would be so fun.
Speaker 3: But I knew all the girls.
Speaker 4: Melanie Vince, who I think she dropped out a show because she was boredeous she and I did a bunch of episodes together.
Speaker 3: She was j and then I knew Jane ended up meeting and marrying Dave. Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jane o'dine yea.
Speaker 3: There married Dave. I mean, I don't know if they stayed married, but no.
Speaker 4: But you know what two shows I did, I did a Happy Days and one of the girls married one of this Donny most got married off that show.
Speaker 3: And maybe I'm the cupid I know on these shows.
Speaker 4: Right, it's married off.
Speaker 2: It's true you have the energy.
Speaker 4: But that was really amazing. That was like so much fun to do and and to be Kimmy Gibbler. I'm sorry, I feel like you. I will always carry a little piece of Kimmy and me.
Speaker 1: More than man than you were so perfect for the role, and it was such so redeeming for me because I was the nerdy little neighbor, you know, the the one that nobody wanted around, and so the idea that I grew up to be this bombshell this lady that suddenly the guys are like, we need to be nice to Kimmy Gibler. That was very validating for me.
Speaker 3: That was a very very action.
Speaker 4: That scene, just that scene with all of us was so special. It did a lot, It said a lot. I mean, them playing older was just I mean just yeah, classic physical comedy with the wig flying around with John Stamos. Just it was just a classic. And you know, I don't remember every show that I was on in terms of physically being there, but I can put myself in that scene and remember it very well.
Speaker 3: I remember doing it so really, yes, yes, And it was a little bit late. I think it was like the later eighties, eighty.
Speaker 2: Nine, I can't remember exactly eighty nine, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I did a lot that was right before I would up all night, so it was a little bit.
Speaker 4: I was a little bit older than some of the shows that I did in the you know when I first got there in the eighties, early eighties. So yeah, it was just a blast for me. And I thought that everybody nailed it. I thought Melanie Vince has nailed it, but Jay nailed it.
Speaker 5: I mean it was such a yeah, it was it was so fun for us to watch, like what you know, what the uh what the characters would be when they got older, And it was funny to.
Speaker 1: See how they dressed, did you the older versions of us, Like of course Kimmy had like a colorful, slinky little dress on, but like Jane as Michelle had the little the little ponytail on the top of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so funny the way they dressed you guys. I looked at I looked at it the clip this morning, just because it's all over.
Speaker 4: You could just pull that clip and it'll come up. Oh yeah, it just made me laugh. I mean it was really fun, and I guess I was. I was definitely dressed eighties they didn't, you know. Okay, so now I'm really mad at Jeff Franklin for not aging you out into your great grandparents.
Speaker 5: And then we could have I keep paying too, right, we could have done that on We should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could have just let's go back.
Speaker 1: Let's go back right, let's go back.
Speaker 2: And back in time. We make it like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like eighteen twenty three or whatever, nineteen twenty three, the Yellowstone thing. We're just we're just gonna start jumping around in different timeframes of.
Speaker 4: You guys could keep doing this show forever and you would be beloved.
Speaker 3: I mean true.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those shows that hits everybody. It reaches out to all all ages. It's just a perfect, perfect show.
Speaker 3: I just thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, had you watched the show before you attempted to play Kimmy or were in?
Speaker 3: I did. I did watch the show.
Speaker 4: Of course, I did my homework too a little, but I did watch the show, so I was you know, yeah, it was so popular. I mean, my goodness, so yeah, I think it was pretty much, you know, And I was that also around the time. They'll have to remind me of my show. So I loved Full House. I loved was Dallas or Dynasty on or they?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah in the late eighties, yeah.
Speaker 3: The late eighties. I love those shows. They were just so soapy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the nighttime soap operas, the Dallas and the Dynasty and the what was the There was another one Falcon Crest, Falcon Crest, Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: In my head. Wait, yeah, another popped in my head with some things don't but that will.
Speaker 2: Not landing, Yeah, I don't want to not landing. Yeah yeah, I like so many and.
Speaker 4: I had a little part of Dallas so but Dynasty, I thought that was just a whot.
Speaker 3: I thought all the girl.
Speaker 2: There were so many shoulder pads.
Speaker 5: Shoulder pads really kept kept that show afloat in more ways than one.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It was. You know they're coming back and shoulder pads.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am in even though I'm in bronze. We are in the fashion industry right, and shoulder pads. I don't think it'll be the frizzy big hair, but bigger hair, fuller hair is coming.
Speaker 3: Full right next up you got hair, fuller hair.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm shut out of luck there because I've got three strands of hair on my head.
Speaker 2: So you know they have all healthy and stuff for that.
Speaker 4: You're so beautiful, and I've seen some really gorgeous I don't know what you shot for, but Terry showed me some gorgeous pictures of you that.
Speaker 5: Oh well, Terry, I give all credit to Terry and Anna Maria who do my hair makeup, because it ain't looking like this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You are both young, you're both still so young, but yeah, both look like you're in your teens. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a special filter for the zoom that we use.
Speaker 2: The entire full house cast.
Speaker 5: We really, uh, you know, all of that, all of that strange, wicked magic that we did to remain young has really paid off.
Speaker 3: Really, No, but I really believe. I really believe that with people.
Speaker 4: You know, I just tell people that say, when you look younger, you know, you know, I'm like, that's because I never had I have two step children and I have grandchildren, but I didn't have biological children, and so I feel like I remained completely immature.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what's funny is I have biological children and I'm still incredibly immature. So I don't know that anything really changes other than the fact that eventually you look at them and.
Speaker 2: You go, I think I'm supposed to be doing better than this, And then and then by that time they're almost eighteen, you go, well, I tried, right, you know, I believe I am.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sixteen and sixteen and almost fourteen year old daughters.
Speaker 3: Amazing? Are they in the industry?
Speaker 2: No? No, My young one is more of the performer.
Speaker 5: She goes to performing arts school and sings and dances and loves all that she wants to do, like musical theater stuff and singing. My older one is more of an athlete, and she is also very creative with like makeup and like she loves doing that kind of stuff. So I'm always telling her, like, maybe Terry can take you as an apprentice. But yeah, they're They're both very, very different, but not in it professionally, just because I just don't think either of them had the focus at the time, even though, like, particularly for my younger one, it was really what she loved to do. She just I don't think was in the She was a kid, and you know, for us, it was like, I know what it takes, Like you kind of have to be weirdly mature and weirdly able to like put your own needs second, and most kids can't.
Speaker 2: Most kids don't do that, which.
Speaker 4: Is when I look back to show that you know that you guys do as children to have that kind of focus. Even when I went to LA, I treated it like a business because I felt like my parents felt to get there and I wasn't going to keep living off of them, so I had every day I was doing something else. And back then you could drop off pictures and resumes on not put it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do.
Speaker 4: And I there was, and I had rollodexes back kind the day of names, and I would I would literally work that. I never wanted to waste a day feeling like, oh, I'm just luxuriating in la.
Speaker 3: So I greeted it as a business because it is the business.
Speaker 4: And and you guys being on the set, I mean you had fun, you were family.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I mean.
Speaker 4: My gosh, all the lines that you guys had too as kids, and then.
Speaker 2: You had oh yeah, there every day.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did. She I'm sure she has a polaroid picture. She took polaroids of all the well everybody on the show cast and crew. But yeah, I'm sure she got a polaroid of you and asked you your birthday and your name.
Speaker 3: Oh god, now did you all Were you allowed to have your parents on the set? I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah that was.
Speaker 5: I mean you either have to have a parent or a guardian, some sort of legal guardian there. But our mom's my mom, Janice and Sherry Barber, they were there. Candas's mom, I mean Candas's mom I think was in and out a little bit more because she was also like dealing with Kirk and doing a couple of other things. But she was there most of the time until really you guys got older. But yeah, our moms were there every day and hanging out.
Speaker 4: And Broadway they don't they have bar I have a friend who has. Her husband is a Broadway wrangler for children.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, they have. Yeah, they don't have because there's not there's no space. There's no space backstage for parents and extra people to hang out back backstage of theaters and Broadway theaters are tiny and it could be dangerous.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that. Did they explain that?
Speaker 4: So they so that the moms drop them off, the rangler takes get them, they get they do school.
Speaker 3: What was it? What was it like going to school on this set? Did you have to do that?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually did both. So we got to go to like public school, at least I did.
Speaker 5: I went to school in the morning and then came into work in the afternoon on rehearsal days, and then two days a week did full on set schooling.
Speaker 2: But I had like a little bit of both and memorized line.
Speaker 1: That was the easy part, as kids here like sponges. So you just as the muganization just comes to you. And we're rehearsing all week too, So it's just like you is my osmosis. You just absorb it and regurgitate it, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: And I know, you know, I know you had great directors, but you guys had great comedy skills and understanding these jokes.
Speaker 3: Kids understanding you know, how to make a joke work.
Speaker 4: That just pakes me away, you know, to be so young, I mean, I think young actors just blow me away.
Speaker 3: It was just something I didn't do as a child, right, it is.
Speaker 5: It's a it's definitely like like I said, there's a very particular.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Temperament that makes for a successful child actor in this business, which is someone who is kind of willing to like show up and work hard even if they don't feel great or.
Speaker 2: Feel like it, but who loves what they do. And yeah, not every kid.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of kids are like I'm tired, I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, you know what happens.
Speaker 3: If like a cold went around the set.
Speaker 1: Or there was only one time we cancel the taping and that's because of Jody when Jody had the flu or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I I had like a one hundred and four fever. I was really really ill.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no every other time. You just mean, there's no sick days in this business.
Speaker 5: You just show up and you take some take some time and all cold, and you work through it and you hope it last year through the day and then you just crash in the car on the way home.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's not like crashing the car and I fall asleep because my mom was driving. Not Yeah, that sounded terrible. And I don't take cold nuts and then crash all the way home.
Speaker 3: That would be But that's amazing. I mean, you don't. I don't think people think about those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: They passed SERMs around very easily. I have a yeah indeed. Yeah, so you're on a set and you guys.
Speaker 5: Go, oh yeah, yeah, passing in and you know, if we if the kids we were saying the adults, I mean it was you know, that's just a sort of I mean, you know how it is. You're working on zet and one person stars going You're like, oh great, here we go, thank you for joining us for another amazing interview. We can't think Randa sure enough for coming on the podcast to tell us about her life, her career, her entrepreneurship. She's done so many incredible things, So don't forget to tune into Part two with Ronda, which is airing this Friday, and we have lots more to talk about. You are gonna love this episode, so in meantime, if you are looking for us on Instagram, you can follow us at how Rude podcast, or if you want to email us, you can send us an email at how Rudpodcast at gmail dot com. And also make sure that you are subscribing and liking the podcast wherever you're listening to it so you can get all the newest episodes, like.
Speaker 2: Our Part two of Ronda's interview as soon as they drop.
Speaker 5: So thank you so much everybody for joining us for another fun episode of How Rude Tanda Rito's and remember.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it this time. The house is full, but the door is always open.
Speaker 1: I saw you look, I saw you look at the chat and s.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna admit to it.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say I'm reading it out of the chat, but now you called me out on it.
Speaker 2: I saw you, I wasn't gonna be on the side. Well I didn't want, I said, because I was gonna get it. So I did.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't do it, you had to do it?
Speaker 1: Then, yes, you did a good, very good thank you by