Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by BET three six five. It's me Joey p That of course is the Welshit. It's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out with us right here on Leading Off on Fantasy Bros. MLB channel. Don't forget if you can't get enough of us, and I know you can't today after the show, the show, after the show on our discord, cleaning Up will be there. So I saw a lot of people already joined last week Welsh and if you missed it, there was a podcast audio only version, so if you just watch us on YouTube, you can always subscribe to the audio if you want the bonus. Let's say you actually have a job and you can't meet us after the show. It's great. We take questions from you all in the chat and live, we bring you up on the stage with us, we give you high fives. It's a beautiful thing. But Welsh last week was very fun. Are you looking forward to being a man of the people again this Wednesday afternoon?
Speaker 2: I am, and I am looking forward to answering every single one of your Jackson questions Annie Jackson's All Jackson Jackson's are welcome to come on the show, and Jackson's are welcome to be brought up. It's gonna be a fun time. I actually also like just like hearing people talk with us. That's like one of the coolest things you can talk in the chat on that. But come and hang out talk live, we'll do the podcast. Excited to talk to you guys. But boy, I am excited about today because we get to live and start in prospect Land, Joe, And you know that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is. It's one of the favorites. And of course one of our favorites here is of course our sponsor Bet three six five. If you haven't already signed up for Bet three six five Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets, use that promo code leading off when you sign up there and what Welsh is alluding to. Finally, I mean, we don't have to wait that long, but still Jeff passon reporting the Orioles are calling up Jackson Holiday Holiday Celebrate, Let's go. He was pretty amazing. I mean, you basically got sent down Welsh and was I don't know the hottest hitter in Tria for the most part. Him and Hester Gearsdad maybe going back and forth, but he was tremendous. It was kind of a waste of time. It's the tenth of April. I guess all is forgiven. Will forget about it. But Jackson Holiday from the jump. If you have them, get him in your lineup. So what are your expectations now for him? Why lang for getting off to a bit of a slow start compared to how red hot he was in the spring. I bet Jackson Holiday today just to hedge a little bit for the rookie of the year now that he's up taking the big number. What do you think about this holiday premiere on What's Today? Wednesday? Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well we used to call these Welsh Wednesdays in the CBS days. When I would come on Wednesday's, prospects would pop up and wouldn't you know it, it happens again. There's a lot that you threw in there because a I also did the same thing. To look at the odds. I just don't love the odd I wish I could get better odds on Holiday. I think he is wide open, wide open for that race because none of those guys just ran away with it early on. So Jackson Holiday is absolutely on the board. I have a six to one bet from very early on in the preseason on why at Langford. So that's there. But you said something pretty critical the expectations, because here's the problem. Of course you're going to see this. I had a response on one of my Jackson Holiday tweets last night. First response was overhyped, and to be fair, it's kind of there though I'm not the person who something awesome happens and then immediately you go negative on a guy coming up, which we should be excited about. But there is an expectation thing that everybody has to also hold in because Jackson Holiday is not this like big, crazy mashing hitter, but he's one of the better contact hitters in baseball. He just left Triple A with a higher walk rate than strikeout rate under fifteen percent. Strikeout rate, walked over twenty percent of the time. He hit three thirty three. We saw a couple bombs, stolen bases, boom, he was hitting off lefties, he was doing all this stuff. So the expectation here is that we're going to probably be seeing him hit six or seven. We're going to hope that you start to see some of those hard hits. His average EV was really good and a and he's gonna be a doubles type of hitter. But what you're gonna be looking for is just kind of not the email chain, but constant contact. You know, you're not gonna be looking for crazy, crazy high end counting stats right out the gates. But we also haven't seen that from a lot of the other guys. I think Holladay goes right into this mix. You want to call him over hyped or overrated or whatever you want. This was my guy, This is my number one. They haven't announced to get because the game is a little bit later tonight, I'm just gonna throw it out. I'm gonna guess it's gonna be like six or seven. I was watching that game yesterday. I had some bets on it. If people are watching both hit by the Way, Addy Rutchmond total Bases and the so embarrassing Tony Kemp and ramon Arius in that lineup, they made the switch, but they seem kind of locked in the first five or six. So I'm gonna guess, just off the top of my head, it's gonna be six, but I would not be shocked if you take a guy who doesn't strike out, who gets on base, and you throw them right to the Wolves early on, like tons of other prospects do. So if they were to do that, hitting him him like two after Gunner Henderson would be phenomenal. But that's where Adley goes. So that's what's kind of hard. So i'd expect six, i'd expect runs. I'd expect a decent batting average. I think he's going to steal a bunch of bases in the majors, and I think you should be excited. And this is why I wrote in my prospect article that I thought he would come up this week. I wrote that I thought he would come up this week, and I would not drop for any circumstance because I think he's going to be a solid fantasy asset, but a lot to be seen. You do need to temper the excitement and expectations. But I might stream this game later, Joe, I might like stream while the game is on. I'm not excited about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're excited about I think we're all excited about I know Orioles fans were excited about it. Everyone who drafted it was excited. I think the expectation is the temper of the power. Expectations doubles. Yes, batting average, sure, stone, bases, run productivity, all that stuff is gonna be there. It's the power that I think is gonna take a little bit longer. And that's fine. In points leagues are gonna be very valuable, and head to head category leagues, you know, the steels will be you know, the batting average out, all that will be helpful. It's just the power. He's not a thirty home run guy. He's not that guy. So you have to dial back those expectations.
Speaker 2: Also, Baltimore got a little bit worse as Farr as our hitting environment go.
Speaker 1: So that's like having our environment is not what it used to be in Camden Yards for sure. Uh. First time here for our friend Kyle, first time here live. Love this show, Kyle. We salute you, very happy to have you here a Kyle. We love when the people for the first time join us live on the show. And if you listen, may get a point to join us live. It's fun. You get to interact, you get to leave questions here for us Jerry's got a question. Lind Door and Cassians are killing me right now. It's not really the questions, more of a statement, Jerry. Just hold it's April tenth. Relax.
Speaker 2: We're starting to pick up a little bit.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is a fun one too. Jackson five tools, hell or high water like that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know if you saw that and I ask you.
Speaker 1: About Tito Jackson and Jermaine Jackson later you ask about the Jackson. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's there was Tito baseball player. Tito was a popular name. It's just doesn't you know, I don't see anymore. Yeah, where have all the Tito's gone?
Speaker 1: I love that song. If you guys know a little the fair tunes.
Speaker 2: You don't see them here. But I've got the Corbyn Carrol autograph jersey. I have the Bobby wit Jersey seven seven Jackson Holiday, planning to wear number seven. If I want to complete the true trifecta of big prospects, especially ones that I have held on to and then my number one prospect, I got to figure out how to get a number seven autograph Jackson Holiday jersey so we can have the seven seven seven slot machine behind me of rookie prospects. So I might have to reach out to our friends over at Pristine Auction.
Speaker 1: To maybe help me out. Yeah, let's get some more friends. Michael C. Who's a good trade target for Holiday? Now that's interesting. Let's see what I mean to trade away? Yeah, like like right now, Like would you do you think like Lindor is struggling. You can't get Lindor for him, could you?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. But a lot of people will say the best time to trade any prospect is the moment that they're called up that little window that you have because the hype is so big. I just don't know if the hype is to that type of level. I just don't think it's worth it, honestly don't. I don't. If you can get inside the top seventy five range, maybe we could start talking and stuff like that, but I'd rather don't know. I'd rather kind of just wait it out and see if, like the contact gets really good. Like what would you trade for Teio right now? After you've seen Trio for quite some time, He's lived up to expectations for the most part, he has.
Speaker 1: But you know, with Holiday, I think his expectations were even higher, if that's possible, like and also also that thing of all we want him so bad, and then he didn't come up right away, and now he's up ten days later. You have to work wait a little bit while we look.
Speaker 2: It down in the comments at Roberts, this is an interesting one, Robert Deep Robert, my.
Speaker 1: People, I got offered O'Neal cruise for Jackson holiday. Who would you rather have rest of season?
Speaker 2: I would take O'Neil cruz. I would trade my Jackson.
Speaker 1: It depends on your roster construction, like if you're batting average stinks or whatever, and holiday could really be a help. There, I get it. But outside of that being the issue, I'm with Welsh there. But I think you get these moments here where the hype train is at its peak, we have to consider, Okay, well, you know Redraft I had these kind of expectations. These this is what the bat ax, this is what you know atc Projection say for the kid, this is what the minor league track record is. And can I get somebody to overpay? If you can get somebody to overpay for holiday, I would be listening. Shane Langeleiers. Yeah. Three homers. Yesterday, Mason Miller gets to save the A's get a win. What a beautiful day. Let's go right against them for a loss today. Let's take a quick break in the action and tell you about Rival Fantasy. If you want to up your fantasy baseball game, the only place to do it is Rival Fantasy this MLB season. If you're already missing the thrill of the draft, jump into one of the Rival Fantasy's daily or weekly best Ball drafts. Select your squad, sit back and watch the points roll in. Looking for DFS games you can't find anywhere else, try Fantasy Bingo. It's a game where you pick a lineup featuring any active players on a given day without a salary cap. See which players complete achievements on your bingo cards to win. With each card costing only one buck each, it's the easiest way to get into the action, and if you've got strong onions about one player over another, Rival Fantasys challenges are tailor made for settling those debates once and for all. Pick which player you think will score more Fantasy points that day, Throw down some money and see who comes out on top. Invite your friends and play mlbdfs on Rival Fantasy sign up at Join rival dot Com Slash Fantasy Pros to claim your two hundred dollars deposit match again. That's Join Rival dot Com Slash Fantasy Pros. We'll see you in the arena and now back to the action. George Kirby five runs on, eight hits, four innings. All right, Welsh, here we go. Eleven earn runs now, seventeen hits. That's the big one for me. The seventeen hits and seven two thirds. I can't get past that. Kirby was your guy going into this year. So now you have to sit here and you have to advise the people what to do. Are we just gonna stay pad here? Are you worried about the rest of season? Is this a by low opportunity with Kirby? I know, one start we don't get too much. Now two starts. It's the hits that really just keep on coming. To have me worried.
Speaker 2: I think you have to Kirby. Your enthusiasm with George moving forward a little bit. Anybody, hello, wow this on. I'm I'm annoyed. I'm incredibly annoyed with everything.
Speaker 1: You got kazued on that one good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I haven't consued yet in leading off. I have it here. I've been waiting to use it.
Speaker 2: Well, you just did.
Speaker 1: You pursued me. I consumed you I would. I'm sure that's gonna be lovely for people in the audio pod today. I'm gonna love that moment.
Speaker 2: I am worried about George Kirby, sure, but but I will tell you he's still like doing the Kirby thing, like the stuff is still there. First pitch out of the game ninety seven on the paint, bam bam, first sitting, he looked fantastic. Then he's lacking confidence. He's not fooling anybody. I put a tweet out there that it was like the slider was getting no swings outside the zone. And here's the main thing. Here's my main takeaway from George Kirby, and I think this is fixable, is that everything is in the zone. He's such a wacko about like I can't walk anybody like. It's frustrating because seventy eight percent sinkers were in the zone. You can't put fastballs in the zone. So my big thesis on this is if everything is just in the zone. Then hitters they can be super picky and selective. They don't have to chase outside the zone. There's nothing that's fooling them. So what they do is they wait for the pitch that they want in the zone because it's all coming in the zone. And you can see that from performing yesterday. His slider had one whiff, one whiff, and he threw twenty one of them. There were a couple of swings, but only one whiff through. It was not effective. The sinker, it's not a strikeout pitch. It had one whiff on fourteen swings, but again seventy eight percent in the zone. And the fastball it kind of ticked down after the first inning or two. So I'm not sure what the fix is. I think it can happen. I am still a psychopath that would probably buy super super low, but I am more worried. I am more worried.
Speaker 1: I have the answer. You want to hear it. Knock somebody on their rear end, knock a few guys down all of a sudden, guys aren't looking in the zone anymore. Like you know, this is we talked about a little bit yesterday. You go, old man, Joe, You don't have the clouds. But like, it's true, the art of pitching sometimes is just as much mental as is physical. You know, I'm not talking about like Don dress, I'll trying to like take people's heads off, But I'm talking about throwing inside. I'm talking about get some guys off the plate a little bit. You start getting if your control is so good that you can pound the zone that way, your control is so good you can pound the inside corner a little bit wherever the guy is, knock him off the plate, make him think twice, then pound the zone a little bit. Again, it's that intimidation factor that lacks in a lot of these pictures. You know, people wonder why why was little Pedro Martinez so damn intimidating? Why? Because you would knock you on your rear end, And you know what that gets in people's heads. And when you have the kind of stuff and velocity that Pedro Martinez, well, he's a special talent. But there was a lot of guys out there there or effective just from the mentality standpoint. And the thing that I watched because I caught Kirby in the the third inning last night, a little bit of that game. Yeah, well, start getting bat And that's what I saw. I saw a guy that did not have the command of the presence of the mound, not command of the fastball, command of the presence on the mound. And that, my friends, is key the mental part of this game. It's it's just as important from the pitching standpoin and.
Speaker 2: I think anything else. He has struggles with some of the mental part of the game while also being very strong in some aspects of it of a really smart guy like I was.
Speaker 1: But it's not about smart. It's about intimidating. It's about making the guy thing twice. And I'm not trying to hurt anybody. I'm saying pitching inside. Pitching inside is a lost art form. When things are not going well, Knock somebody over a little bit, move somebody off the plate a little bit. Then all of a sudden, everybody next time they go out to bat, they're a little litle bit more cautious. And that's all you need to get back on track, and just the command back.
Speaker 2: And deception and deception. Casey mins I always I didn't. My problem, Casey miy is Everyone's like, oh, the splitter, but the splitter never hit the zone, it would come out of the zone. So then hitters were just like, well, I'm just never going to swing at this and I'm gonna wait for your fastball when you're behind because you threw the splitter. Same thing kind of works with Kirby is throw behind, you know, don't be worried about walking a guy. Throw some pitches that people don't have an expectations hitting in the zone. I think it is fixable, but like, sure, I'm struggling as much as anybody with Kirby. I have the highest pitcher share I have this season is George Kirby. So it's not good. It's not good, and I'm tired of the Kirby pit for him.
Speaker 1: But like this is this is easy, this is old school baseball. Here a little bit and guess what it'll work. It'll I mean, you think Max Schuur's not guys to the ground, of course he did. You know, you know you got to take that inside play.
Speaker 2: Should change his color eye, that's actually what he should do. He should have two different color get a contact.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Matthew C. K Nico Horner for Jackson Holiday Welsh. I'd rather have got to be a pretty shallow league pick up holiday trade, Nico. That's that's the path, that's what you want to do. Here's one from Kyle every we if Penance and Cracker Ducks are live today, is his MVP trout back He is until he gets hurt. So let's see it for one hundred and fifty games and then I will gladly say he's the MVP. Here we go, pretty good, he's in pretty good. He finally drove in somebody by the.
Speaker 2: Way, which was driving in many over the wall.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, just basically himself. All right. All the stars were out yesterday. Uh, Jordan Alvarez four for five with a double. He was great. Pete Alonzo two for four, a double and a homer. Ronald Acuna two for three, three stolen bases, three runs there, so that was good to see. Tyler Glass now seven scoreless, I got fourteen guys. Wish we laughter at that one. That would have been great. Evan Carter got his first homer of the day, Sunny Gray five scoreless, enning striking out five. Good return for him against the Phillies and Cole Reagan's along with every other bet just light on fire. I was so bad yesterday take a responsibility taking the l things that looked so good. I was zero for four yesterday. Booh, gotta get back on track. Look, you said it, you were right. Astros were a tough lineup. I thought it could squeeze out six strikeouts. He got hit around too much. It was not meant to be. But still we go back to business as usual. If this was in Houston, I would have been with you. But the fact that he was in his own ballpark, I thought we can get the six, maybe even seven, but just too many hits. And unfortunately, you know, for Cole Reagan's that's how good the Astros lineup is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's the caveat. I mean, because like the I was pretty good. His shoes three to one. But the one I missed was also a strikeout prop and it was Zach Wheeler in a pretty good matchup as far as strikeouts go. And he had one hundred and seven pitches. If I would have told you he won one hundred and seven pitches against a team that strikes out in the top half of the league, he'd have been like he'd hit seven k's. He had five. He couldn't get there. A lot of bad calls that were happening. Reagan's is one of the premier strikeout guys. But the only thing that took me off, like I said, was that was a lower K lower chase team in Houston, and he still almost got there. So the logic made sense.
Speaker 1: It was just like dj C says, Joe chooses violence, I do. I don't choose violence. But like, like I've been coaching flag football now for three plus years. You'd flag football, and those games, you know, get very intense. Sometimes I always tell my kids, like if you have to play with a certain level of intensity, like this field belongs to you and every play is going to be successful. You drop a ball, you come back for the next thing. It's the mental side of the game too. And it's and sometimes with some of your best players where you've got to always get them refocused and and and you've got to think, hey, you know I threw a pick last time, doesn't matter. I'm gonna go out there and I got to throw this ball here and just execute next time. With Like when I'm watching Kirby last night, in that inning, I was picked it up, like I said, in the second inning, into the third inning, I saw a guy who was, like you said, pound the strike zone, but didn't have any of that stretching of the strike zone, didn't have any of that stuff. Like Greg Maddox didn't all that hard. But Greg Madis would throw inside when he had to. Let's not pretend like you didn't. And I think that's just a lost form. I wish we would give it back to that. And again, you don't have to throw ninety five to do it to be successful. You just don't have to. It's the art of pitching. Speaking of pitching, the Athletic is reporting that Spencer Arraghetty also my people getting called up the Astros, I mean top pitching prospect. Basically, that's what it is. He's twenty four years old, he's got a two one six ERA, the whip is high though, one point six to eight. So far this year, he's got ten strikeouts and eight innings. But he's also got seven walks, walks or a problem. I had people asking me questions last night. Should I pick him up? Kept saying yeah, if you can pick him up, pick him up. If he has a good start, he becomes trade bait or whatever, doesn't cost anything. But if he's bad, you just cut him. What's your prospect take on Arraghetty two for people who think that this is a potential long term option here, or at least patchwork option with ranber valdez health being still uncertain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the team context I think is pretty great for the Astros in general. He's kind of like a predominantly three big pitch pitcher, you know, nice fastball, mid nineties fastball, solid curveball, sweepy slider. But command is the issue. So it's a little icy for me, Like guys that have big, sweepy sweepers. When you lack command, I worry a little bit that teams are just they're not going to offer at that sweeper. And then if if if nobody, if nobody is giving you that offering, it's not going to set up the curveball better, it's not going to set up the fastball. He's gonna have to hit the zone. So it's gonna be one of two things. In my mind, it's going to be guys haven't seen his stuff, and if these pitches are even hunting the zone, they're gonna be swinging through trying to hit a rookie. Otherwise, if the command is really off, then he's going to get you know, lit up a little bit. But this is a guy, this is I mean, Astros do a great job in pitching development. I kind of trust it they're bringing. Even though the walks up a little bit this year, it wasn't that big of an issue last year. I think in the right circumstance this you can do this.
Speaker 1: I think you can do this.
Speaker 2: And who are they facing today is that the Royals? Is that the lamp? Yeah, the roy You know what, Royals can get a little swing happy, especially on sliders. If he doesn't leave stuff in the zone, you actually might get some good swinging whiffs. I don't think it's like the worst matchup. It's something that I'd be willing to potentially stream. And if Valdez's injury is going to be long term, yeah, I mean, you know, I see the spaghetti people are putting spaghetti in there. Spencer Arietti is gonna have a good opportunity for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the year.
Speaker 2: So I think he's in like streamable option. He's not like the must pick up of that pick.
Speaker 1: He's not in that Christian Javier Hunter Brown grouping of arms just because some year just because your team's number one pitching prospect of getting got to consider which guys have already moved up. You know what the rest of that grouping looks like. Number one doesn't mean number one on everybody's team. You know, I'll just keep that in mind. Okay, Streamable probably go blue, says lol Joey p Aka sun Suit. I have read The Art of War.
Speaker 2: I have two.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's an excellent book. You should read it. Game Outside.
Speaker 2: I've read like five or six books, and that happens.
Speaker 1: To be one of them. It's a great book. Also from the rookie lookie Oscar Colass twenty five year old had some issues last year, a little bit abouting three two twenty one. He's going to get a call for Washington and Nolan Chanelle got over four two strikeouts. Doesn't look great. What are your thoughts on him maybe losing playing time to Drury or Son?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I mean he's also coming off of a thirty game on bass streak. He's a big contact hitter, finally got the ball in the air. A little bit like he doesn't have the traditions. I always think like James Loney whenever I think of a first baseman who hits like fifteen homers and is a higher contact guy.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a name I haven't out about. How I know? Obi Wan Kenobi felt in Star Wars in episode four. There's a name I've not thought about and quite some time.
Speaker 2: I think he's fine. I think he'll just move down to the lineup. He's not going anywhere, but I think he can regain that through and he's still a rookie, you know. I mean, remember this time last year, this guy was hitting in college of baseball. You know, that's how quick he moved. He literally played like a month in the minor leagues that came up to the majors. So I think he's going to have a pretty good runway, all right.
Speaker 1: Phill Up has asked us like three times, what do I do with RINGUIFO?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What can you do?
Speaker 2: What are I mean? You could probably move on. I don't think ring gifo is a must have or anything like that. Pinning your league, pinning what's out there, you could probably easily move on. He he is proven to at best be a streamable option right now. He hasn't hung anything long term. It's disappointing, but yeah, you can move on if there's decent options on the wire.
Speaker 1: Is Coloss a pick up for you? Not really?
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Oscar Coloskay, It's nice to see in the miners he was hitting pretty well. I will say maybe the most encouraging thing is the strikeout numbers dramatically down in that short stint twelve percent in TRIPA.
Speaker 1: That's a huge time is going to be available for him. I mean, yeah, there, they.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of guys. I mean, you know what though, I say, like they got a lot of minor league guys, but they got no major league players anymore. It's Aloys hurt and Roberts hurt, and they're all down, you know, some combo of like Dominic Fletcher and all them. Yeah, maybe maybe not like a deep league, but I'm probably just paying attention to Colas that I am picking him up.
Speaker 1: All right, Fair enough there, let's get to three up in three down from yesterday. Of course, Chris Morrell two for four Grand Slam, Good day for him. Merle, how about Merle? Is Merle Kelly? Like man? I call him Merle because I could do Merle, because that's what we do. So people turning in the first time going, what is he saying? It's Meryl Kelly, but we call him Murle around these parks.
Speaker 2: Did you know I found out Meryl went to my high school? Did I tell you that? No? Did he read any books there or probably read a lot more than me?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I mean, the bar's pretty low, Merril Kelly's six innings, two runs. I mean again, I know it's the Rockies, but still he's like one of these great underrated players every season these last three years. I feel like Kelly's just been this guy just goes out there, has good starts and nobody cares. I care, but like nobody seems to really give him the credit deserves. This is the guy that I almost picked yesterday, and I'm mad now because he got eight strikeouts. Nadi Valdi eight k's, one earned, five and two thirds against the A's. Unfortunately got no decision, but still a very good start. Hus Young Kim not a good day at the plate, the hat trick three strikeouts, oh for against the the Cubs. On Tuesday, Louis Varlin gave up seven hits, six earned over five and a loss to the Dodgers. So we'll give them a pass because it's the Dodgers, but again not the best start and Logan Allen five runs, seven hits, four innings, no decision against the White Sox. So not always the best of times there necessarily, but it is the best of times around here because we're giving away free stuff. Jose Ramirez autographed jersey for you. You can wear it, you can put it on your wall, you can give it to a friend. You can give it to your mama for Mother's Day. If you want, Mom's a big Jose Ramirez fan boom, you give it to her.
Speaker 2: This is what you do.
Speaker 1: You subscribe to the Fantasy Roads MLB channel, You comment below in a video. That's it. Don't forget to ring the bell for notification, so you know every time a piece of content drops here on our channel. Jose Ramirez, we just gave away the big bad trophy yesterday, Jose Ramirez Jersey next, who knows what's after that? Injuries? Oh, that'd be nice, we should That would be nice and you wouldn't want to win that so you can get all your seven JT. Realmuto day to day with the next contusion short a light day for injuries, which is nice. For a change. Mancata removed yesterday an abduct or strain. Mac Schuzer live hitters progressing. Now, I say we get Schurezer back before Memorial Day. What do you think when is Memorial Day the last weekend in May. He's supposed to be back June first, I say we get him before Memorial Day. That guy's nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I told I told you in spring one of those things he was throwing full field tosses where de Gram was like, like, he looked great, he looks spry, he looked healthy. Arm was flinging. I think he's gonna be back in mid May, and I think they've said as much. I think they said mid May is going to be the target date.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna want it. When you got guys like John Gray in that rotation, getting Max Scherzier back, you know, with haste is important.
Speaker 1: He's interesting when you know we go here, we go Kyle, you know, talking about Trout to the Orioles. That was a conversation we were having last week.
Speaker 2: That was your thing, it's my thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he keeps playing like this, if you're the Orioles, don't I mean You've got so much depth to make this move. I mean, I'd love it. I think I think that's your all in move of you of the Orioles, right, Yeah, I don't know what burns why not.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the move looks like though. Colton Kowser, by the way, I tweeted about this, Colton Kowser is on the uptick. If you're in, you know, I liking it. Like ten team leagues are kind of tough, maybe even some twelves. But I'll tell you, man, if you have the ability to pick up Colton Kowser. He is playing against rities right now, crush two doubles yesterday. He's getting more playing time as Austin Hayes struggles. I am all about Colton Kowser. All of this to say, like, if you were theoretically to put like a Mic Trout in a lineup that's got you know, Mullins and Kowser and then you got Santander, that's maybe d hing. I mean, it would be a crazy, crazy path. We'll look back and be like, can you believe Austin Hayes, Ramon Urrius and Jorge Mateo were in the lineup and now we've got Trout and Jackson Holiday like they could do some stuff. I just don't know if they'll feel if they'll feel the need to push out.
Speaker 1: I thinks more of the need probably, But man, what a luxury to have, like also to have a veteran guy out there too. I just want to see Mike Trout. First of all, I want to see him on the East Coast. Second all, I want to seehim in the playoffs. Like that's all I want. I want my Trout to be in the playoffs. He just it's very frustrating, by the way, you know what else I want? Again, this is old Joe for a moment. The new jerseys. Am I the only person who thinks it's hard to see the names on the back of the jerseys?
Speaker 2: Like on TV all that people are tweeting about trash garbage these jerseys. There's a great video You're.
Speaker 1: Hard to see and I don't have problems seeing like I don't, so I just I don't. They're very tough on television. Maybe not in person, but on TV everybody hates them.
Speaker 2: There's a great video that's out there of Carlos Estevez closer for the Angels, who was like I don't wear outside the stadium or something, signing for tons of people and someone hands them a jersey and it's the old jerseys and he looks at and he goes ah, and he pulls a jersey up and he turns around to show his garbage jersey and everybody is just crapping on the jersey at the time, and even Estevez just misses the old jerseys.
Speaker 1: So I know everybody's been complaining about the new jerseys and the caldi you know, the sea through and the sweat like all that, but but it's really the names on the back. To me, they're the most offensive, by the way, really hard.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out, we're all sitting here and we're like, Marry Spawl's got to figure out how to change the arm issues and blah blah blah. They can't even figure out the jerseys. Everyone has screamed about it for two or three months. They could make a change, and there's what are they doing. They're just like, no fanatics got this taken care of. Like they're just digging into an issue that everybody is screaming about and we think they're going to change like a big issue. There's no Chance.
Speaker 1: Wonkey says she got a free T shirt with my name on the back for collecting Cheerios box tops when I was eight, and it looked better than these jerseys. I'd like to see that, So, Kelly, next time we're on the team trip, you gotta wear the Cheerio shirt.
Speaker 2: That's what I wear, the eight year old Cheerio.
Speaker 1: JD. Martinez shut down for the next three to five days a Cortzone shot in his lower back. That that sounds great, uh yoandran aiming to progress throwing a bullpen session on Friday. So that's good news for the twinkies. Welsh, yesterday was bad, bad, bad bad. Today can only be better, So let's turn the page for a new day. Yes it is for Wednesdays Best Bets of the Day with Joey p in the Welsh. All right, yesterday bad bad news, no good. So we got to get back to basis. Year you were good. I was dreadful. Bobby Miller, let's start there. Over six and a half strikeouts minus one thirty. The juice is a lot of Bobby Miller has been great. It's a great matchup too. He saw fourteen strikeouts yesterday for last Now I think that trend continues here for Bobby Miller today, Aaron Nola over five and a half k's minus one thirteen. I like that one too. Saint Louis strikes out a ton. Also, Jordan Hicks just four and a half. It's a low number, so over on him again. The juice is a lot at one forty five, so minus one forty five. You want to pair it with something else, maybe a sand Fran win to a little same game parlay action that will help this out. Just to ted and if you want to get some fun here for a little parlay of the day, take the over on Aaron Nola case, which is my favorite, at five and a half. Take the Texas Rangers on the money line at excuse me, on the run line at minus one and a half. You get plus one twelve on that, and the Cleveland Guardians run line at minus one and a half at minus one oh eight. So Nola case, the one and a half Rangers, the one and a half Guardians, you get plus six six'. Nine that is a good return on a day's. Work and that's gonna get me back in the. Black that's WHERE i want to, be all. Right so let's go to you, Here, welsh what do you have for the people On? Wednesday from the betting, STANDS i one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent jumped into Your Bobby miller. One that was the first thing BEFORE i looked at our sheet. ANYTHING i Saw Bobby. MILLER i saw the six and a. Half maybe it feels like a. LOT i jumped right on. It so this is only for the live show. People anybody listening on the podcast of this game is. Early it's happening in like five, minutes is recording.
Speaker 1: This so this is the early.
Speaker 2: People minnesota WORST k percentage in. Baseball so that's Why i'm playing out not worried about that one bad, start so ones that you can play Into Seattle toronto first five And i'm going with total runs four and a half and this is the, Under so under four and a half runs to be scored through the first five innings Of seattle In. Toronto Why seattle is scoring the second least runs through the first five this year And toronto's scoring the ninth. Least they are combined averaging just over three runs per game through the first. Five you Got Logan gilbert and Yuse. Kakuchi So i'm down with that. One that's one of my favorite bets of the. Day And i'm also going with The yankees minus one and a half versus The. Marlins Marcus stroman has been Good Ryan. Weathers Ryan, weathers WHO i picked last week in a k, prop was so, inconsistent so inconsistent THAT i think this Team yankees hit his lefties better than. RIGHTY'S i think they're gonna be able to get to him, today like when he was throwing this sweeper into the ground or just flying doesn't hit the. ZONE i think this team is gonna be more. PATIENT i think they're gonna bang them. Around offense is gonna get. Going so like The yankees minus one and a half on the run line with them other twos first five under And Bobby miller on the. Strikeouts Baby, yar you have.
Speaker 1: It. Everybody make sure when you place your wagers you do it with bet three six, five bet five, bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use that promo code leading. Off so make sure that you, do and of course bet. Responsibly. Welsh let's continue on to the home run contest and reminder everybody who's watching live now if you want some extra leading. Off it's called Cleaning, up and it's on Our discord fantasypros Dot com slash. Chat that's the place to. Go you gotta go. There join you'll see in there Cleaning. Up you can get in, there ask us, questions hang out with, us talk little.
Speaker 2: Baseball julia looks so. Happy he's so excited for Cleaning.
Speaker 1: Up he's, like come, ON i Saw julio'll get a hit last night in that game. TOO i couldn't watch that game very long BECAUSE i couldn't listen To Buck martinez like it was just making my ears. HURT i just couldn't do. It no offense to The. Buck he's great at what he. Does it's just no. Offense BUT i hate your voice AND i can't listen to. YOU i just Get, look not everything is for. Everyone i'm not gonna say he's bad at his job because he's. Not he's great his. JOB i just don't find it, enjoyable and that's. Okay we're allowed to like different. THINGS i don't like green. Beans welsh loves. Them can't get enough of the green, beans loves GREEN i don't like.
Speaker 2: Pickles there you, go, well look at.
Speaker 1: That we came.
Speaker 2: Together you know what's?
Speaker 1: Controversial nothing about this board Because i'm at the top of it. Still where is? EVERYBODY i can't see you down at the bottom of that. BOARD i didn't get a home run From sodo, yesterday Although Jan Sodo world's Colliding Sodo Aaron judge taking pictures With Damian priest FROM wwe yesterday at the. Ballpark very fun stuff going. On all my world's coming. Together next, thing you, know it's gonna Be joe And sodo that'll be. There you. GO i, mean he's always been my. Guy, Today i'm going With ellie de La. Cruz let's go going yard, today maybe inside the park, again who. Knows some Way i'm getting a homer For. Ellie where are you going with your home run call?
Speaker 2: Today, Wash i'm gonna go to My Arizona diamondbacks And i'm gonna go To Christian, walker who loves hitting In. Colorado Austin gomber also loves giving up some home. Runs tons Of roans runs scored. There Christian walker hasn't really gotten going big in this, series AND i think this will be the. One So Christian walker Against Austin gomber from a home run call. TODAY i sucked, though so don't listen to. ME i don't know What i'm doing bad home run. Calls only listen To. JOE i don't know If i'll ever get another home run.
Speaker 1: Again it's kind of mad THAT i didn't get The Sodo monday one BECAUSE i was, out so it was kind of the long weekend for. Me but, whatever that's, fine it's, good it's. Fine here's a great question in the Show Better Buy. Low this is from Zep Junkie, Castillo, Kirby Max. Freed i'm going With castillo BECAUSE i think he's still the best picture of these, three But, welsh maybe you have a different.
Speaker 2: Answer that's my, order BUT i think it's also dependent on the. Cost so, if Like, castillo castics exceptionally more Than kirby And, freed then it might Be kirby BECAUSE i think what we talked about With kirby is. Fixable Luis castillo definitely has good, stuff but he is off right now as, Well SO i think it's gonna be dependent on what you have to give to. Get but that is the order of like how if someone, SAID i WILL i want this, thing and you can have either one of these Three i'd Pick castillo at the, top but what the return is is.
Speaker 1: Important here's one this Is Ivan torre is traded how and hater For? Castillo DID i get? FLEECED i don't think. So If castillo bounces back to his, level that's great because there are still. Guys, look you know The detroit closer still only seventy percent. ROSTERED i saw, That, like how is that still going? On like there's still guys out, There they're still gonna be saves to be. Found haters a lead to what he. Does but still speaking of closers, Too Copac Mason miller all the saves, Yesterday casey's right audit and we were on it.
Speaker 2: Too we've had a lot of closer questions coming. Up and here's WHAT i would, Say fantasypros Dot com slash cleaning up right after. This we could talk, closers we could talk more, trades and we could talk with you about all of those awesome things because we've had so many closer. Questions so come in fantasypros Dot com slash cleaning.
Speaker 1: Up there you go follow. That and by the, WAY i GUESS i did get the wan so To, Homer so thank, You Fred dinger Because freddy's running some stuff for us now working for us behind the. Scenes that's what. Happens you hang out in the, chat next thing you, know you get a job, here Laving milwonkee Fred. DINGER i, mean just hang out with us long enough and you, know eventually you just end up working for. Us but this has been super. Fun we want to continue it again as, well said join the chat on. Discord we're gonna be there for the next half hour chatting it, up so join us for that and join us again tomorrow for more leading. Off that'll do it for, us but the story of the game goes on for The. Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next, time.
Speaker 2: Kids, holiday.
Speaker 1: Saying. Loopert