Speaker 1: Second date, up date, don't talk. There's a message here?
Speaker 2: Can you my best friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not getting it's a jam first of all, record and I'm playing this old school song because we've got a very special caller on the phone for a second date update. He's a proud single dad on the hunt for romance. The song is about the kid's best friend, his dad, a dog, My God, way to kill like the vibe of the segment before we even started, because we got the single dad on the line right now hoping to get a second date. His name name is Gig. Sorry is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gig Gig.
Speaker 1: That's a name.
Speaker 2: Have you heard that song before?
Speaker 1: Gig Man?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 3: It's his ring tone, Gig, Welcome to the Daycare of Love.
Speaker 1: Tell us about us, tell U about your dating life.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Awesome, guys, thanks for having me. First off, man, this is a good time. Man Es, that's sweet, gig awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Did you meet somebody you liked?
Speaker 5: Gosh?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me tell you about it? Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Sorry you started, Jeff, Who did you meet recently?
Speaker 4: I met Gabriella. I met her online.
Speaker 2: Okay, what initially attracted you to her.
Speaker 4: So I have two kids, right, okay, and I'm a single dad. I got fifty to fifty custody with them. But let me tell you, I'm a fun dad.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I like to do fun things with them, you know what I mean, like all the cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Happy hour, cool dad.
Speaker 3: I bet you just like take them out to do actual activities and stuff that they like.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, exactly. So when I went out, I went out with Gabriella. Right, I'm not a huge romantic dinner type of guy. So I booked two tickets to the Children's Museum.
Speaker 6: For our day the children. Wait, did you bring your kids with you on the first day?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I was like, b like, do we have to pretend that's fun?
Speaker 1: I should have told you she's not calling you. I think all of our expressions changed.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you're funny man. Where did you really go with Gabriella?
Speaker 7: So we went to dinner and we did go carts. Yeah, we went to the outdoor track and because I've been there with my kids many times, and let me tell you, it is a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super fun.
Speaker 6: Did you go to those ones where you actually have to like wear a jumpsuit and like the helmets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was yes, Okay, let me tell you this. Yeah, this guy he legitimately rolled out of his car. The ambulance came and it was Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a whole deal.
Speaker 4: As I'm telling you, someone.
Speaker 2: Was severely injured while you were there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but he was good. He was good, and they picked him up. He gave us a thumbs up from afar.
Speaker 7: He was like, actually.
Speaker 2: Had a car race. Yes, was that a moment between you two.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So after that, after that, you know, cleared up that little scene. We finished our laps and we high five and we hung we cheered, you know, we went across the street. We grabbed some food. It was cool.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: The thing is, though, the thing that I worry about most, that's like God to keep.
Speaker 4: Me up at night. Yeah, is that I just I don't think I answered enough questions.
Speaker 2: During the day.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it is, you.
Speaker 8: Know, because during the day we saw the connection.
Speaker 4: You know, there's such a strong connection that I wanted to share about my kids.
Speaker 2: Oh so you talked about your children a lot. She is she a mom?
Speaker 4: She's not, No, she has not a mom.
Speaker 7: She does not have any kids, but you know, she did say that she's open to the idea of dating someone with kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so we could get into that a little bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Well, I mean I could see that, Regrett. And you're a high energy guy, and you're at a higher energy place like you're probably.
Speaker 2: Just amped up.
Speaker 3: It's just nearly witnessed somebody die, right, so you're just trying to fill the awkwardness.
Speaker 2: When you guys went to dinner, were you able to connect there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 4: We talked quite a bit. Actually, I wish I would have got to know her a little a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have a whole lifetime to get to know them. If this ends up work.
Speaker 5: Here you go.
Speaker 1: So you yourself up about it too much? Yeah, a lot of time. So tell us tell us about how the date ended.
Speaker 8: We gove separate, right, and I walked hert to her car, and you sat there for a moment, and I honest I thought she's gonna kiss me on the lips. I thought I was going to close the deal right there. Really, yeah, I'm telling you, it was.
Speaker 4: It was something you.
Speaker 6: Can feel it, right, like I can tell your kids a lot, because you even say it like a kid a kiss like on the list. Wow, grown up, if you were, if you were feeling it, how come you didn't go in for a kiss?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I wanted her to do the first move, king, I like that, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Probably didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Then what did happen?
Speaker 4: I'm sad to say she kissed me on the cheek. There's a little little bit peck on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never heard this before, but is it possible to be a bad cheek kisser because your cheek.
Speaker 1: She kissed him, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Maybe his cheek was really Yeah, well I did come from the race track, so you know it could have been dirty.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, we're gonna find out for sure. Let's come back.
Speaker 3: We'll call Gabriella and we're gonna ask her why she doesn't want to go out with an awesome single dad named gab.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying your energy, Gabe, I am. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I meant to said, We're gonna come back.
Speaker 9: Refocus right after this second, we've been talking to a single dad named gig g I.
Speaker 1: G I love the music intros.
Speaker 2: This one not a daycare Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just playing the music that Gig would feel most comfortable hearing in his daily.
Speaker 2: Life an adult date.
Speaker 3: That's the thing he's not getting.
Speaker 1: Everybody can relate.
Speaker 3: He's not getting a call back from his date Gabriella because they did a racetrack restaurant ended with some hot cheek kissing action and you could just hell from talking to him a little bit that he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fund.
Speaker 3: I also want to say the other reason I'm personally pulling for you, Gig, is that he told us early on in the call he felt like he didn't ask his date Gabriella enough questions about herself. I think that takes a lot to admit that, especially from a guy thaiving himself accountable for his own words.
Speaker 6: I think even recognizing it is you know that that's.
Speaker 1: The so did you forget his name again? It's Gig.
Speaker 2: I think Gig would look I mean, I think Gabrielle would love but Gig, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, of course for sure, Yeah, maybe she.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel that way, maybe she didn't notice, but maybe there's something else terribly that went wrong and.
Speaker 6: Just you know that happens a lot on these So I'm just trying to set him up the more a positive guy.
Speaker 1: There's no way we're gonna find out he's some awful, horrible person.
Speaker 6: No, I just like to, you know, like set people up for the worst, hope for the best.
Speaker 3: What we really need right now was some BG big gig energy.
Speaker 1: Big Gig knows what that's about. Let's call Gabrielle to see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Gabriella.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's up.
Speaker 1: My name is.
Speaker 3: Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now with the entire Brook and Jeffrey crew.
Speaker 5: Bye. Okay, all right, all right, this is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have something fun that we want to talk to you about. A date that you went on the other night with a guy named Gig.
Speaker 6: Did you already talk to him or I'm glad you didn't say which one.
Speaker 3: There's only one Gig that we know, and we did talk to him a little bit. Heard about your guys' hangouts. Reaching out to us right now to do this is called a second date update. Because we're trying to help him figure out if anything went wrong that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean obviously there was Reuben.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, well I mean just can you tell us overall, like what did you think of Gig?
Speaker 5: I mean the date was fine, and especially in the beginning, like he has a lot of energy. I don't know if you guys have noticed that, but it's like it's a little intense.
Speaker 2: Was it too much for you?
Speaker 6: I know that like sometimes when people can't turn it off, that it can actually become exhausting at some Point's.
Speaker 1: Energetic boy be overwhelmed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even.
Speaker 1: He was very positive when we talked to him.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely, definitely positive. Okay, And I think it's wonderful that he loves being a father. I do not have children, but I'm open to dating people with children. I respect it, all of it.
Speaker 1: But it was it was a lot.
Speaker 5: We spoke about them the majority of our conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that you then what happened was too much for me?
Speaker 2: Oh there was an incident.
Speaker 5: Yes, So I went to the bathroom and when I came back, he was just like, two people want to meet you, And I was like what, And so he like pulled out his cell phone and his two sons are are on FaceTime and you meet my kid.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we did not know that there was a FaceTime call with his children.
Speaker 2: Did that happen? When where were you guys when that happened.
Speaker 5: In the restaurant?
Speaker 2: Oh? That it ends with no warning?
Speaker 5: No warning? And also like how many dates do you do this on? This is our first date?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but but what if the kids called they happened to be on the phone and he didn't. He didn't say like, meet my date, meet my the lady, I'm going to take home tonight, right.
Speaker 5: Like they said meet my girlfriend or something. I couldn't remember what he said, but I was.
Speaker 3: Like, meet my friend?
Speaker 6: Are she?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You sure? It wasn't meet my friend?
Speaker 5: And I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure. But it doesn't matter. Like if his kids called during dinner, that is fine. You want to step outside, you want to talk to your children.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, did what were you saying to his kids during the face time? How did that go?
Speaker 5: I didn't know what to say, so I just was like, oh, it's nice to meet you, and you know, I don't I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 1: But you never want to hear the phrase I don't want to be mean to children.
Speaker 2: But wait, how long were you on face time with the kids?
Speaker 5: I mean I made it short and sweet, and I was hoping he'd kind of get the hint. But eventually I was like, okay, like I'm going to eat.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't the amount of time you spent on the phone with the kids. It was just the fact that he kind of sprung the kids on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also like it is our first state, Like is that something he often does.
Speaker 4: I would never hear that, I.
Speaker 1: Know even think of that.
Speaker 3: I know you're not a big fan of having things sprung on you all of a sudden, But unfortunately I need to tell you, Yeah, it's not the kids top it actually is on the other line right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, honestly, I don't see what the big dail is, you know what I mean. I take my kids to my dates. I mean, that's part of my life.
Speaker 2: You always do that? Is that what you're saying, Gabe? That gig God, it's just like Gabriella and sorry, Gig, Gig, is this something you do every time?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not the same to say I do it every single date. You do that on.
Speaker 1: Purpose, like to gauge there.
Speaker 7: That doesn't seem I just think it's a little ridiculous to have to wait six seven months to meet the woman that I'm dating.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: There's probably some healthy things in there that you may want to talk to, Like a family therapist did find some can you.
Speaker 3: Not recommends that comes to our show. It's insulting what you say, Gig. We apologize. I think you're fine and you don't need any therapy. You're a great dad. Keep talking to Gabriella.
Speaker 4: Gabrielle, listen, listen. I didn't even tell you this, but since like I got you on the phone, they both really like you. They rated you a seven.
Speaker 7: Five rating rating system of Gabriella.
Speaker 8: That's huge, huge, I ever do that, that's the rat.
Speaker 5: I really don't want to talk about what I'm rated. I really don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's healthy and it's I mean, it's not what Gig is rating you.
Speaker 1: That's what his kids are rating.
Speaker 3: You know, we got that.
Speaker 1: Don't hold it against Gig. What his kids. What's the scale? Like they're rating a hotness or is this like.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't want to know their children. They shouldn't be rating people like god. Like Gig, you sound like a really positive guy. But maybe that's something you take out of your repertoire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, that might be some fair advice for once from Brooks. The other thing, it's like, dad, she's a fwee. I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but I think overall, Gabriella, what he's trying to say, they really like you. He's just trying to involve you in his life, because that's the type of fun guy that he is really close.
Speaker 7: Speaking of liking you, my five year old son, Eli, Yeah, five year old son.
Speaker 4: He made you an astray at school?
Speaker 1: Is that amazing? Does she look like a smokerl.
Speaker 4: Is this a joke?
Speaker 2: What school? Is he going to?
Speaker 7: Clay it's a little clay pot. You can do it as a candy dish.
Speaker 4: If you're not, it's just a ceramic bull.
Speaker 2: Call it that to him as well. I mean, okay, to the five year old.
Speaker 3: I feel a lot of positive vibes at least coming from our side and from Gigs side. We just need a yes from Gabriella now going on a second date, a date.
Speaker 1: That we would pay for.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not come on with the kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gig, I'm sorry, man, Like, I know there's definitely a match out there for you.
Speaker 1: It's just not Gabriella.
Speaker 6: And also like maybe it's like enough, we've got enough, Like you want to get.
Speaker 2: Rid of the rating system and the ash trays. Jeffrey shouldn't bet.
Speaker 1: I get what's going on, Gig.
Speaker 3: Can you have your kids go online and rate Brooks what they think of her?
Speaker 2: On a date? You can bring his kids.
Speaker 1: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, let me open up the email. What and Brooks score according.
Speaker 4: To get.
Speaker 2: Healthy?
Speaker 3: Okay out, let's just say we're lucky you and him didn't go out.
Speaker 2: Gig and the kids all need to time out? Okay, need a time out.
Speaker 3: It seemed to be on his side at the beginning until the whole rating thing happened. Do you really think it's that bad he's involving his kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, I actually think it's worse.
Speaker 6: I was trying to be like somewhat soft on him because I think his intentions are good.
Speaker 2: It's very damnage.
Speaker 1: Everybody does dating a little.
Speaker 2: Bit differently, paring a little differently too.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure that there's people on the text board right now who want to go out with Gig and wouldn't mind being rated by both of his children on the first date.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he out seven point five. That's the high score right now. Text in if you want to beat it. Jefford in the morning,