Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Kelsey is on the phone today for our first Date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by Nate. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he is ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But first, Kelsey, how long has it been since you heard from Nate.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's been about a week.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, not too long. No, So in that time, though, how many times have you tried to hit him up?
Speaker 3: Oh? I have texted twice.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not bad. No, it's not too bad. You get no response? Yeah, okay. What did you say to him in the last text you sent?
Speaker 3: Well, the last text I sent. I mean this kind of relates to like, you know, what happened on the date, so out of the blue. But I complimented he made me a breakfast sandwich, So I like told him that I was thinking about how good it was.
Speaker 5: That sounds amazing. Well that sounds like this Does that mean not great?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did, Okay, tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Okay. So it was like a little bit different than a lot of other dates I've been on. We met at a bar when I was out with some friends of mine celebrating, and we just like kind of were in the corner chatting a lot, and we just like really clicked. There was instant chemistry, and you know, I was I was focusing on my friends that night. It wasn't really looking for anything, but I just couldn't stop talking to this guy. So after some drinks, we ended up going back to his place and yeah, you know, I had a breakfast sandwich, so you know what happened. Yeah, I truly thought it was just going to be a one night stand and like that was fine. But then in the morning, when I got up to leave, he grabbed my hand and he asked me to stay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, that's weird that you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 3: Then thank you, I know, he said. It was like, you know, I know this is kind of backwards, but could we have a breakfast date right now in my house? And he handed me right, he handed me this like t shirt of his and told me to freshen up and get ready and he would make breakfast. And I mean it literally felt like I was in a rom com. Great. Yeah, so I walked into the kitchen. He had like coffee and juice. He was making me that breakfast sandwich. He wasn't wearing a shirt, he was just wearing shorts, and it was literally, I know, it was like I was like looking into my future. It was so romantic, and I was just like melting.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I'd be blowing his phone up too, bro. Where did you get home?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: How long did you stay there?
Speaker 3: Well, we spent the whole day together, like breakfast, went secks and bed and we were watching movies and then it turned into having dier together. Yeah, it really felt like we'd known each other forever.
Speaker 5: It's like a full twenty four hours a lie. Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is there anything you can think of that would be a reason that he's ghosting it?
Speaker 3: I really I really racking my brain because I feel crazy, but everything seemed perfect. I truly can't figure it out. I mean, the only thing that I could maybe think of is I don't know if he thought I overstayed my welcome, Like after breakfast, he didn't say that he wanted me to stay, but it really felt like he did. And the more I thought about it, I started to wonder if maybe he was just being nice.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like if he wanted you to leave, he could have.
Speaker 3: Been like, oh, I gotta go run errands, like who's nice seeing you that.
Speaker 5: I never know to go. I tell people to leave.
Speaker 2: I uld just go. I got stuff to do. Respond, Yes, you're getta hang out if you want. Most of the time they say no. One time they said yes exactly. That backfire. Don't say that. Yeah, did he give you that option? Did he say you could say if you want anything like that?
Speaker 3: No, he just like has on offering other things we could do.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: For chatting, and yeah, we're watching a movie. And then he said you have like popcorn, and just like one thing kept leading to another. But maybe I just read it to leave before I you know, like I've put anotherituation.
Speaker 5: All right, well we'll figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date. Okay, okay, thank you, all right, we'll get your first day follow up, next.
Speaker 1: First date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of today's first Date follow up and if you're just joining us, Kelsey is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Nate. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why his ghosts singer. But first, Kelsey, just break down your date for us real quick, one more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, I had like a casual run in with a guy at a barrow with my friends. We spent the night together. One thing led to another, and I was gonna leave in the morning. Then he offered to make me breakfast, maybe this beautiful breakfast, and we ended up spending like almost twenty four hours together and having this incredible day. And now I've texted him twice and he has not texted me back. It has been a full week.
Speaker 5: Okay, so weird. Yeah, yeah it is. Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, speak to Nate. Please. This is in Nate. How are you? This is the Jubile Show. It's a radio show. Hi Nate. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name's Jubal. How are you.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm okay, how are you good?
Speaker 5: Good? Have you ever listened to the show? Before.
Speaker 3: I think I have heard you guys before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, all right, cool, Well guess what, Nate, somebody emailed.
Speaker 5: Us about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do a segment on our show and it's called the first Day follow Up. So that's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you ghost them, that person can email us to give you a call and ask why you're ghosting them. So somebody that you're ghosting email.
Speaker 3: Us, got it? Yeah, I think I have an idea who that might be.
Speaker 5: Okay, who do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Is it Kelsey? By chance?
Speaker 5: Yes? It is Kelsey. She told us all about your date.
Speaker 2: It sounded awesome, Oh my gosh, by the way breakfast and everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was kind of an awesome day date when breakfast date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell us why you're ghosting her?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I kind of look. Kelsey's awesome. She really is. I wasn't faking anything. She's funny, beautiful, really smart, easy to talk too. But the thing is that I've been kind of going through a whole bunch of stuff lately.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Okay, if you don't mind sharing, like what kind of stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 7: So I lost my job recently, and I'm having to make plans to move back in with my parents to save money. Okay, so yeah, that's kind of going on right now, and I feel like a giant loser. So yeah, basically didn't think I was in a position to date someone like her with the financial mess that I'm in right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you didn't ghost her because you didn't like her. You ghosted her because you like her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess, Yeah, definitely, I like her a lot. I don't know, it's just a weird conversation, Like I don't know how to really broach that subject. Hey, nice to meet you. I got fired and I have to go sleep in my childhood bedroom again.
Speaker 5: Like the way you said that was perfect. I've been there, honestly.
Speaker 4: But sometimes you have to give people an opportunity to show you who they are, you know. I mean, I know that it's kind of uncomfortable, especially since you just met her, But it sounds like you guys had an amazing time and connection. I just feel like, you know, a conversation could have or could be worth it for you.
Speaker 3: You're probably right.
Speaker 7: Everything's just kind of happening all at once, so it's a lot. It's a little heavy, that's all. It just feels.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the conversation could happen because she's actually on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hi, you're ghosting me because you've lost your job, Like you didn't think I could handle that.
Speaker 3: I it's not that I don't think you can handle it.
Speaker 7: It's more just I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to drag you into my problems right now.
Speaker 7: I'm you know, we just met.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not some delicate flower, Nate. I'm the kind of woman who stands up for her guy and like helps him get back on his seat. You should have told me. That's really sweet of you to say that.
Speaker 7: And I don't even know if I need outside help yet, Kelsey, I'm still kind of like figuring it all out.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it just happened.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 3: I know I'm a catch. I still like myself. It's not like that, but I.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't think you'd want to date me. You know, you like nice things, you deserve nice things.
Speaker 3: Fine, then you'll give me all of that when you're back on your feet.
Speaker 7: I guess, Okay, Well, yeah, I just don't want to feel pressured like while I'm trying to get stuff together.
Speaker 3: I just need a genuine reset right now. So as long as you know that's what's.
Speaker 5: Going on, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll meet you where you are.
Speaker 5: Cause you're okay with this situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's a human being. Life happens, for sure.
Speaker 4: But do you think that puts pressure on a new relationship in the beginning?
Speaker 3: I guess so. But I think also if you know this went anywhere and it is early, it would make us really strong together to have gone through this so early.
Speaker 5: On good point.
Speaker 3: Call me a hopeless romantic, but that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 5: To Nate, you think your mom would like Kelsey?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, I definitely think so.
Speaker 7: I mean, everything she's saying is incredibly sweet and understanding. So I didn't know you would take it like that. To be honest with you, that's incredibly sweet.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like you underestimated me a little bit. I guess I did.
Speaker 2: I think I did well, Nate, would you like to go on another date with Kelsey?
Speaker 5: We'll pay for it, probably have to. It happens everybody. You'll get back on your feet.
Speaker 3: That was that was really funny.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yeah, I do want to go on a second date.
Speaker 3: Let's let's just try to take it slow though.
Speaker 7: I don't want to feel like I have to fix everything, you know, right away.
Speaker 3: But yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Kelsey you got another date. And Nate, congratulations to you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. I'm excited to see you. Yeah, me too. But just know that from now on.
Speaker 7: If we do stuff, that has to be at your place, because my mom will get pretty mad.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we can do that. Jubles First Deed Fall