Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison, What.
Speaker 3: Up, Cowboys Nation? Welcome in the Girls Talk Boys Talk Off.
Speaker 4: Season of Edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we can call it off season edition.
Speaker 3: Screw it all right? Presented by invisil Line. Nicole hedcheson here alongside Asia Warrison and Jess Navarez.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing, ladies?
Speaker 2: Were here? Good?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Thank you Jazz right on time.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I'm a little sleepy.
Speaker 5: Ah, we're good. We're getting ready from the storm. Yeah, come literally bundle up.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm just not made for this kind of weather, So when it's cold, I'm just I just hate it, every second of it. Actually, I know one thing.
Speaker 4: We also hate the fact that the season's over so soon.
Speaker 2: I also hate that.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it real fast. We can keep it short and sweet in the first segment, because we do have to talk about it. The Washington Commanders came here in at and T Stadium and left with a win. So the Cowboys split the season. Split the matchup head to head series this year one to one.
Speaker 4: The Commanders take the win twenty three to nineteen. On Sunday, Thoughts about the game, I'll start with you, Jess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was. It was probably the most entertaining game of the day that day. That's for dang shirt literally coming down the last few seconds there. You know. Going into that game, I was interested to see a few things, specifically with the younger guys and get some questions answered that we all had, and surrounding Trey Lance specifically, so I'm glad we have more of a sample size to base off of, you know, the kind of quarterback he is and where improvement still lies. But overall, I mean, the guys didn't stop fighting, so I will say that the guys were still showing some fight. So I wish it would have been a want a win to cap off the season, but it is what it is. The season couldn't have ended soon enough. I just wanted everybody to get out of their healthy go into the off season and start working for next year.
Speaker 4: Really a second that sister.
Speaker 2: Take some time off first though, take some time off, enjoy their enjoy their personal life with their families who don't get to see them all year, and then get to work. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, in regard to the game, I thought that Dallas came out, they were aggressive. We saw some good things early and then in the second half of the game. Which we've seen with them is that they weren't able to continue that offensively and Washington was able to figure out some things offensively. The Cowboys defensive line gave them fits six sacts on the day. I mean, Michael Parsons had two in the first couple of possessions, so that just lets you know it was probably gonna be a long day. But Washington made adjustments, and after making those adjustments, Dallas took away to Terry McLaurin for a whole half like and then they came out in the second half. Cliff Kingsbury does what a good offensive coordinator did and found favorable matchups. So they just kind of chipped away at the Cowboys and then towards the end you saw it just breaking and that's just that's just a good ball. But it's just a great ball. By Jay and Daniels, a really good catch by Terry McLaurin, and you just can't play it any better.
Speaker 4: So for me, you look at the.
Speaker 5: Things that happened, the penalties and stuff like that that put them in position. It's just very, very representative of kind of what the season has been.
Speaker 3: Yep, almost there, almost there, the mistakes, the costly in the end, but I mean, it's just them shooting themselves in the foot. And let me go ahead and put this disclaimer out there because I know y'all probably look at me crazy on this podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, I went to the dinners this morning talking about.
Speaker 2: So you were doing so good.
Speaker 3: It's so good, but it just felt weird, like by talking weird, so like it don't look it weird, but it is weird weird, Thank goodness. Okay, why do you have to feel like I had to put that disclaimer out there?
Speaker 5: But anyway, it's given the joke, it's given the joker.
Speaker 3: Why that's crazy, that's.
Speaker 5: I can't smirk, y'all so serious?
Speaker 4: So mean, Oh my, I'm joking, And that's how I founded.
Speaker 3: No, you don't.
Speaker 5: Look crazy at all.
Speaker 4: We just messed with you. I was trying to do my snork and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to do working? It's not working. Not your eyes watering because you're trying.
Speaker 3: I can't do it and it's irritating me.
Speaker 2: All do it.
Speaker 3: You can do it. Back on track. Sorry that out there. I think it.
Speaker 4: It's more so just like the theme of the season, and we've talked about it so many times.
Speaker 3: Is that the mistakes backfired them every single time, whether it's in third quarter, final seconds as it did against Washington. But I liked the way that Trey Lance had a command of the offense. That was something that I wanted to see in a regular season game. We saw it in the preseason where he was obviously still trying to there was some nervousness preseason, but I feel like he was confident, And I think I mentioned it last week on the podcast, was that the guys were starting to instill that confidence in him, making sure that his.
Speaker 4: Mental was right going in. So I feel like he was good mentally.
Speaker 3: It was just them shooting themselves in the freaking foot every single time.
Speaker 2: Well, and when you put your quarterback behind the sticks constantly, Yeah, it just makes it ten times harder to come back, especially a quarterback who hadn't played a regular season game. And what was it like for one hundred and eighty days? Eight hundred forty Oh yeah, yeah, eight hundred and forty even more, But see him clearly tied to that, That's okay. But you know what I really enjoyed was seeing his connection with the younger receivers that I feel like he's been getting a lot of work in in those practice reps that we always talk about that are so limited and really numbers wise, it's maybe like eight reps per practice, if not per week that your third string quarterback is getting. And so it's been valuable for him to see Cooper Rush kind of move up into that one spot and get even more of those reps. And you can kind of see that because not only did he have the connection with the younger guys like Jonathan Mingo, but you saw that really with Jalen Tolbert, Jalen Brooks, Hunter Lipkey, Rico Daudele. He was definitely showing that confidence and to be fair, everybody was his receivers, everybody, his backs were showing confidence within him as well as the quarterback, and you could see that I will say something I did notice was the work was a little sloppy. I was just being very nitpicky again because we're there to evaluate the kind of job he did. But those quick short passes, I mean he was going one read and passing it down and just short passes. It was working. But I really hope now the conversation of Trey Lance not being a viable backup in this league can kind of start to silence. I'd like to see more of him. I don't know if that'll be here or somewhere else, but I do think what he showed was good to get on tape to be a viable backup in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 3: Do y'all feel like if Trey Lance would have started a couple of games prior to Week eighteen, that he would have showed something.
Speaker 4: Better than Cooper Rush? Yes, what do you have been the better option?
Speaker 5: Yes? I mean, with respect, I appreciate what Cooper Rush does for you.
Speaker 4: As an offense.
Speaker 5: He is one hundred percent the epitome of and I know it gets a negative connotation, but it's not a bad thing. He's a game manager. He is going to do He's gonna run that offense. He's not gonna do a lot of improvising. He's going to be on script. He's gonna be on Q and he's gonna make he's gonna move the offensive long along. Trey Lance is somebody that when when offenses looking with defenses look at him, they have to account for multiple things he can do. Now to just this point, I thought that the game plan favored him. They did a lot of things to cut the field in half. And what I mean by that is like rollouts, boots, waggles, things where he's on the move, because he does that well. He still is developing pocket presence touch because there were a couple of times there were some missed opportunities in that game in the red zone where he's missing guys or he's just putting too much on it and it's and it's hard. It's difficult as a guy.
Speaker 4: That has the.
Speaker 5: Arm talent that he has to gain control of the weapon that he has because the arm is just a cannon, right. So the things that I would hope he would continue to work on is going through his progressions like like we talked about, like he talked about Jess, and also to just delivering the ball more accurately, and that to your point, Nicole, takes time, and it takes repetition, it takes chemistry with the receivers he's playing with as well. But I do think we got to see that he can get better from practice, and if he can get better from practice, he should be able to get better from.
Speaker 4: Playing actual reps.
Speaker 5: And so for me, I walked away from it saying, this guy can be your backup next year. There's no reason why he can't be your backup next year. I mean, if he chooses to be, if they choose to bring him up, that's all up to them. What I'm saying is is that if he continues to grow and he continues to get you talk about training camp.
Speaker 4: If he's not splitting.
Speaker 5: Reps with Cooper Rush, what type of player are we gonna start seeing? And he is a he can do a lot of things that excite you. But also to one thing I noticed was how I felt like they looked faster. And what I mean by that, it's him getting people the ball on the move, getting Jaylen Tope with the ball on the move. The ball's not late, the ball's on time, so guys can get run after catch opportunities. I think that's some of what we got to see with him that we haven't gotten to see with Cooper Rush as much.
Speaker 4: So there was something I'm so sorry, No, you're okay.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say, like your to answer your question of would he be the more viable option, I think it depends on what kind of offense you want it to run, A right right like because here's the thing too, this is such a domino effect of a question because the way I see it is, yes, he can be a viable backup with more practice, more work, more game time, reps preseason would be nice to see more of. But it's also going to depend on how Dak comes back from this injury, if he's going to be mobile still, if he's gonna be a little more immobile, more of a pocket quarterback, Because if you're going to run this offense with Trey Lance, you want him to use his mobility, you want him to use his legs, And truly, your backup quarterback has to replicate the game plan a little more watered down than what your starting quarterback is doing. I don't want it to have to limit trade using his legs less because of the game plan that would favor DAK. Now Cooper Rush is obviously, I think the more conservative pocket quarterback that you don't necessarily have to plan any kind of any kind of mobility with And truly like, we don't know what the surgery will do for Dak going forward, So I think it just one it depends on the coach's vision of what this offense is going to be, how much you want a mobile quarterback. But also I think what they really wanted to emphasize, and Trey could have done it as well, was the run game, specifically with Rico and amping that up. So I think if Trey was in you might have seen a little less of that a little bit more with him being mobile. But it's just such a tangled web of we don't knows and to be determined because you're how Cooper Rush and I have talked about the backup quarterback position is your backup quarterback has to emulate what your starting quarterback does in a little bit of a watered down position so that it's not so much of a change and you can change it on the dime when needed. Trey Lance, I just feel like if he wants to be a mobile quarterback, this might not be the system based on your veteran quarterback coming back from an injury like he did to have to cap his mobility and his potential in that aspect of his game.
Speaker 5: If Dak is capping his mobility, he's doing a disservice to his game. And I really hope that he takes the time to improve his flexibility, improve you know, some of those things, because he's always been kind of a stiff player. I mean, just being honest. His lower half has just always been kind of stiff. And that's why you see him really focus on his hips, open up his hips.
Speaker 2: We seen the.
Speaker 5: Dag dance a few years ago. That is for him to open up his hips because they're tight, like that's just a.
Speaker 2: Part of him.
Speaker 5: He's very strong, not very flexible. I'm hoping that he takes the time in the off season too. I'm really curious to see how he retools and rebuilds his body because his mobility is so important to what he does. And I mean, on the flip side of things, when you look at Marcus Mariota, what he did to you in that game, he I mean disrespectful, like what it was really it.
Speaker 4: Was, honestly, the Cowboys making them.
Speaker 5: Look well, and I think and I think that they were on their heels because you game plan for Jayde Daniels. You didn't game plan for Marcus Marioda and come out there and start doing all that run around like a little rabbit.
Speaker 2: Literally, he was justopping around.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, let me not y'all go do y'all say as a favorite, go look at Marcus Marioda playing with the Falcons last year and tell me that Trey Lance can't do that. I'm just being straight up with you. So for me, I agree with you. I agree with you that it does need to be some synergy and like how you do things. But I am like Dak needs to be mobile, maybe not as mobiles Trae LANs, because he's.
Speaker 2: Not the He's also a young you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's not the athlete.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that Dak needs to just run all the time, but the r P O run action game, it's what has made him who he is and.
Speaker 4: That's when he was using his mobility. Yes, last year.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to Trey Lance though, because something that I also noticed was that where I didn't see it with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: Was that if, for example, he threw a ball to.
Speaker 3: Brandon Cook's, I believe Cooks had dropped it, but he still went back to him. And that was multiple plays where he still saw that still trying to continue that trust or show that there were still trust between the.
Speaker 4: Quarterback and the receiver.
Speaker 3: And I think that's why Jaalen Tolbert had his best game in my opinion, Do y'all think Jalen Tolbert has his best game this season? Oh?
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, but he's just great and scrambled drill.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 5: One thing about Jaylen Tobert that I like about him, and I'm sure Dak appreciates about him, is that when plays break down, he has made plays in scrambled drill and quarterbacks love that. They love the guy that's gonna keep working for them, keep trying coming back to the ball. And I think that that's something that Jalen Tobert does well. It helped out Trey Lance when he was scrambling a couple times in his game, and obviously they were able to get some explosive of impositive place from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean statistically ninety eight yards, that's great that's great to see from JT. But also I feel like it was a product of his progression within the last month of you know him kind of. I don't want to say he was down on himself. I haven't had a conversation with him as of recent but there was a moment there where you kind of saw the confidence being shaken within the game time reps and within this last month, I feel like he has been a solid quarterback friendly player, obviously being impactful in the red zone and being a good red zone target for both Cooper Rush and well Trey Lance was trying. But you know, it's at the end of the day, like I just feel like JT's progression will just get better and better, and he has the work ethic to make him more coachable. I just wish, you know, the And this doesn't even just go for GT, but the development of these younger receivers tight ends back were a little bit more further along than where they are right now.
Speaker 3: We're y'all happy to see due action.
Speaker 5: I was ecstatic and pissed off, Yeah, because why because why you don't have like this team does not the offense doesn't have like juice speed. Yep, That's why when you see Turpin it feels different, like you can see the difference and when he hits the hole when they're using when they're using them out the backfield or giving him direct snaps and stuff. It's just it just feels different and duce bond like the way that he just hits the hole when he sees it. Just yeah, I'm like, it's frustrating to say the least, even with Hunter Lipkey, even getting to see Hunter Lipkey, who is a running back. I understand he does fullback things, he is a running back. The fact that like this stuff wasn't happening through the season is baffling to me. What's what? And I understand they had to count because of inies in the cornerback room and this played and stay inactives and stuff, but this running back room could have been so much more versatile, It could have been so much more difficult to plan for. And seeing them run the ball and the office some lives have gotten better, But seeing them run the ball, I was happy.
Speaker 4: It ticked me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, I'm like, oh, exciting, But why did it take so long to see this? Because to me, yes, technically or playoff chances ended what two weeks ago. Very technically that's two more weeks he could have gotten reps if you felt like you were trying to play to win at that point. And yes, just make Rico your your bell cow, I think is what they called him. But I also don't get it because Cooper Rush is an experienced enough veteran backup quarterback that can handle those kind of packages. Yeah, that's I guess that's why it's so frustrating too, because it makes you think, what if would you even have seen that if Dak was still healthy and in don't. I don't know, but it's again under utilizing this talent that you have on the roster that might not be Like, why not at that point and especially throughout the game? Yes, I wanted to see more Rico, but also why not put Duce in interchangeably with Rico during this game? And to your point about Hunter Lifkey, I literally tweeted Hunter Lipkey sighting because it just felt like too long, too damn long since we had seen any kind of package, specifically for this versatile player. And he's a guy that at the beginning of the season, during training camp even we were all talking about seeing him get working and where was all that? Like, I understand your quarterback got injured, but I just feel like Cooper Rush hasn't has enough experience as a quarterback to implement those things into his game, and so I'm not sure the play calling was really in uh their favor the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that Hunter Luky only had twelve carries this year.
Speaker 2: For thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Years, crazy, he's been an extension of your offensive line.
Speaker 4: And that's it. And that's just.
Speaker 2: Like, there's just no reason for it.
Speaker 5: There's no reason why we couldn't have more opportunities. And I get it, don't get me wrong. I get Rico kind of started late, quote unquote in a way of being the starter. But what makes other teams good is that they have the committee. And the committee again is for rest and all that stuff, but it's also to change the picture. It's also to change what the defense has to do to defend you, because I'm telling you, you can see it on film like they didn't even know. They didn't even know when Deuce was like escaping, like when he was finishing runs because you can't see him sometimes and I'm just like you to make you laugh.
Speaker 2: On the broadcast when you were hearing the I think it's Mark Sanchez talk about him. It's like, oh yeah, his size, And I was like, boy, we're so past that conversation.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, we saw him do some things.
Speaker 2: You can utilize it to your advantage, to your point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we saw him do some things in past pro as well. You know something that people have, you know, ridiculed him a boud. He sacrificed his body multiple times in that game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Next season.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we're gonna put that the whole game to bed, right, and then we're gonna good night.
Speaker 4: At first, take our first break after the raak. We're gonna touch on Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 3: There's obviously some talk about the Chicago Bears showing some interest.
Speaker 4: We will see how that unfolds.
Speaker 3: Are We're gonna take our first break here on Girls Talk Voice Talk Person vit his life.
Speaker 7: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store? Letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 8: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yediy French Press and Joel Colver. This Day's Hot Friurs and French Press thirty four for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French press, put mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs and Where's w Waterproof Devil's waterproof bag bag Sports mostly the water should get a waterproove Yetti bag l I smell something cooking. New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, corn bit, Commerce, Pope, Pine and potatoes next over well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 7: Gear gifts and product experts. Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 6: Today discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for topcheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 9: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence, but that confidence should just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this Aligned the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit in dis Aligned dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 10: Boys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Cays Nation. Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year. Go right now, go vote for our girl, Amanda.
Speaker 4: Vote for our girl, Amana.
Speaker 5: Manda.
Speaker 4: Remember that I.
Speaker 2: Bring out the labsters, bring out the dancing.
Speaker 4: All right, Adam Schefter shout out to him.
Speaker 2: Always always, always first on it with the insights and the really good comeback. Sometimes I'm like, oh, absolutely fun.
Speaker 3: He tweeted out that one day after the Chicago Bears, obviously they sought out permission to interview.
Speaker 4: Cowboys head coach.
Speaker 3: Well, that contract comes to an end soon, but current head coach still Michael McCarthy, uh to interview him still one day after that, so today they still have not heard a response. But again I think that we should note that we do not know any updates on whether or not McCarthy's agent is negotiating with the front office.
Speaker 4: Currently, we don't know anything.
Speaker 2: This is just the.
Speaker 4: Tweets that we see, so we have to.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. Yeah, just let me ask you something. Mike McCarthy back for another year. If he's not back, what are the coach out there? Do you feel y'all have confidence in coming in and let's say, establishing the same type of culture here.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody that Chelsea Damn Quinn, No, I'm not. That was a joke. I'm that little kid that's like with the microphone. He's like starts crying. That's me when I talk about this. No, if you're talking about this exact culture, yeah, probably not anybody I can think of at least that comes to mind. It If you wanted that culture to kind of continue in a way, you'd have to bring somebody up that's already on staff put them. Other than that, it would be a clean slate, I feel with the options out there that are available.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the first person that comes to mind is Mike Veriables the older school energy like. I think he would get you like McCarthy, not like McCarthy, but they might like him because of how he how he is, how he coaches. And I honestly, honestly, I don't have an idea of whoever it is, whoever it is is gonna have to encapsulate this locker room in a way that is hasn't been done yet because they haven't won a championship. I just think it's gonna be different. It's it's difficult because you have whoever comes in here has to really set the tone for it's us against the world.
Speaker 2: There's this team.
Speaker 5: We talk about how different this team than any other team. So the way that they prepare, the way they do things, it may not look like any other team, Like they might have to go harder, they may not get the same breaks because it's just not the way that the media talks about them. They're always in the fire, They're always it's never enough like they would he would have to they would have to reshape. But another thing too, you talk about the Pies respectfully, like this team has literally almost led the NFL and penalties since Michael Crothy has been the coach who comes in and fixed that discipline because it but it because it also in Jason Garrett, they were one of the highest penalized. Like I can't picture what coach comes in and fixes fixes that. Like those type of issues that you've been dealing with for in multiple years.
Speaker 2: You also think do you want a quick fix or do you want a long term fix? And then that also goes into your quarterback getting older, some of your veteran players possibly not being on the roster because you have twenty two free agents to worry about. There's so many unknowns right now that I feel like the first domino that needs to fall is figuring out who your head coaches please, and then you can figure out the rest of it, because if you really are cleaning everything, cleaning house, that a lot goes into that and a lot of time. I feel like, especially for this locker room, like you've said, that have created their own world and this is us against the world. They need time to mentally prepare for that, get on the same page with a new staff if that's what happens, and communicate and really build that relationship earlier, sooner rather than later. I guess. So for me, everything is in standstill until the decision is made because you cannot do anything else other than that, because even requiring free agents and going even through that and deciding who gets to stay and who potentially doesn't, you can't do that until you know what your system looks like under said head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look around the NFL, I mean coaches have already lost their jobs. Yeah, you talked at the Jaguars they fired their head coach. The Patriots have fired their head coach. New Orleans Saints have fired their head Yeah. The list just goes on and on and on.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing that stressing me is again, like you said, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. However, those coaches, the coaches that you might won't, the good wins, the ben Jons, like these guys, they're interviewing right now and if you can't, you can't even you can't interview. And we kind of ran into something like this last year, if I'm not mistaken, is that dan Quinn was interviewing. We were one hundred percent knew that dan Quinn was probably on his way out. It was time he came here to rejuvenate his career. He did that, he got the whole head coaching job in Washington. Dallas ran into a very similar thing to where and I like what Zimmer did here. It worked out, but it ain't no different than it's like first come, first herve, Like, you're not interviewing the other coaches right now because you haven't made a decision on this coach, So you're you're you're stifling his his you know progress, Well, the progress is saw right now, I'll say that his progress isn't happening.
Speaker 4: But you also can't.
Speaker 5: Progress until you find out what you know, who's going to be the head coach. So it's just not it's not a good way to do things because I'm telling you, we're gonna be looking at draft, combine and all that stuff, and then it's gonna be free agency before we know it. Who's going to be the head coach to start planning out what things are going to look like, and then the players on a team, the assistant coaches, these guys also deserve to know what their lives are going to look like or if they're going to have to start preparing for a new scheme.
Speaker 2: Well, and I would imagine even like Dak coming back from this injury, you know who can't physically do a lot and it takes, you know, milestone by milestone to come back. All you really have is your playbook and your system to sit there and study and mentally prepare yourself. What does he have to study right now? Because what if it does not look the same? So for me too, if you want your quarterback to come in prepared post injury, you need to give him his material, his book, his his binder, if you will, of whatever the system is going to look like and what it requires out of him.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something, y'all think Al Harris. Let's say Mike Zimmer decides that he sorry.
Speaker 3: Let's say the front office decides not to keep Mike Zimmer or Mike Zimmer decides not to stay here, uh to continue coaching as the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Do y'all think it's time for Al Harris to be the DC?
Speaker 2: It takes a lot to be a DC.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think the world of our Harris, so I want to be very careful, but I do understand that being a DC is very intricate, and I don't know if he's if he even feels like he's ready to take that on. It is a lot of responsibility, it's a lot to do. They moved him into what the assistant head coach position this year, which was dope. But I have no idea because we have not seen him in a coordinator capacity. Now, I will say the NFL is doing this thing where they're taking chances on play on coaches now, a lot of former players are becoming coaches and you're seeing success in different places. So for me, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. No idea, but it's an option. I suppose if you want to keep staying house, What about you, Jess?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, like if you wanted to progress, somebody up it is time. And Al Harris obviously is so respected in that locker room and by his dB room, and his energy is very infectious. But what gets me is you look at a guy like Demo specifically, and I'm thinking of your third year players. That's three different systems every year you have been here. Talk about it, and if you want growth and development within your players, that year three jump is It's still important because you're talking future contracts coming up, long term deals in the works and in the talks. You're stifling that growth by continuously making these players learn new systems every single year, and that would be three years in a row, especially that rookie class that came in three years ago that would have to relearn another new system this year. And to be honest, I was really intrigued with what Mike Zimmer had said of you know, if I could go back and change it. I would do things my way. I feel like if he comes back, whether that be because he's offered the job back or because it's on his own terms, whatever the case is, it's only going to be better because of the lessons he did learn of what not to do. And also to the other point of that, you have Micah Parsons on this system that clearly he enjoys doing. I saw Demo tweet that he wanted Zim to stay. So for me, it's what do your players feel like they're going to get out of this and how they're going to grow. So if they had faith that El Harris, say Zim didn't return for whatever reason, that El Harris was your guy, If the players have faith that that could be the elevation for them and their growth. Sure, if al Harris feels like he's ready to do it, sure, no matter who it is. But my thing is, man, you have to build some kind of future here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You have to build some future that tells you I'm here to stay. You don't have to worry about my job being on the line next year, because all it does is just create this anxiety that's already added to the thirty year anniversary, no super Bowl championship. Well, yeah, you have a new coach every every season. What do you want? You know, how can you build a super Bowl winning program if you're just DC after DC after d C. And yes, it was Jan's time to go, but I'm I just want some stability. I agree, and I'm sure the guys do. And and here's the sorry soapbox.
Speaker 5: I got you, I got you, I got you. What you do And here's my thing is, if if you're gonna do what you're doing right now, if you're gonna be trying to figure out coordinators or whatever, yeah, at least have the talent to make show up for that, to make up for changing out, changing out, changing out, changing out, because that's what.
Speaker 4: That's what them them brown Oh my lord, we're in a soap box.
Speaker 5: That's what them green folks up there up east is doing.
Speaker 4: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Like they brought in Fangio, they brought in Killing Moore and guess.
Speaker 2: What, it's hit.
Speaker 5: But it's hit because they have the talent.
Speaker 2: Well, and look how quickly other teams want Kellen as a head coach.
Speaker 4: It's like shocking, have mercy, Like if you're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: He gives stability and happen.
Speaker 3: Well, you heard from your players. They've spoken about how much they love Zimmer. They love his scheme. Jordan Lewis was very vocal about that in post game. So I think that there's no doubt about the fact that they love what he brought here.
Speaker 4: It is kind of last week sound like, who need a nap?
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 4: And I understand.
Speaker 5: I under well, first of all, I totally forgot, and this is something again like we're talking about the coaching situation in their lives. I forgot selfishly my bad that Mike Simmer lost his son. Yeah, and I mean, come on, and he you know last week he was saying in his press or you could tell how emotional he was that he really felt like he wanted to honor his son come out and do this. But they also enjoyed to live there.
Speaker 2: They also, yes, they he's just got engaged to this is stressful. Yes, he did, this is stressful.
Speaker 4: This is a stressful occupation.
Speaker 5: So I also am saying I'm happy for him, like get this camera, engatulations, congratulation.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I can't even look at you because no season, my look, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Looking at me, Oh nugget Okay, But seriously, anyways, seriously, whatever he decides, I'm gonna be happy for him if he wants to come back here. I believe that my Zimmer system is relevant to what the NFL is today.
Speaker 4: He can do things.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the secondary is not completely decimated.
Speaker 2: Lord have mercy.
Speaker 5: But the way he disguises on the back end, he prioritizes to stop in the run. He's exotic with his fronts with it. He does so many different looks. He puts a lot of stress on defenses, and like that puts a lot of stress on offenses. I think what he does as a coordinator is relevant to today's NFL. Get him the players if he wants to stay here, or get somebody with a similar or get someone with a similar mindset. So to Jess's point, which is a fantastic point, that your players are not having to learn a whole new system again because you're gonna be going through another install again.
Speaker 2: God, and I just I can't something about Demo in this specific instance, because you're talking year three for him. He came off of season ending injury, learned a new system, looked phenomenal this season. Now another season ending injury that you know, reports were saying he would be back by sooner rather than later. And I can't say I did talk to him. Over the weekend. I hosted an event and he was there, and this man in his brace and everything, still wanted to talk to these fans, and all the fans were like, we need you back. Next to your man, He's like, I'll be there, don't like. He was so reassuring for them, and so for him. All we talked about was is you know, the little milestones he has to take right now in his in his rehab, and you know, it's little things you don't think of. Drive a car, walk a certain amount of steps, you know, and things like that. And he is very positive and driven. Just like Demo looks in his football game, he looks in his recovery and rehab game ready to attack it. So I do believe him when he says he'll be back sooner rather than later. But to that point, I just can't stop thinking of Demo having to learn another mayor system may Marison. I mean, all these guys, your second and third year players specifically, are the impacted ones in this They just nugget.
Speaker 5: They want to mercy.
Speaker 2: Anyways, We're gonna take our second break and very back. When we're girls, talk boy stop.
Speaker 5: We're gonna play something over under after the.
Speaker 6: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 9: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Dizeligne, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field, do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit in dis Aligned dot com slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 7: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter rip Troy All right, folks.
Speaker 8: Let's get started with Yeddi, French Press and Jeorkabo the State's Hot for hours and French Press thirty four ounds for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mix waterproof bags bags waterproof some waterproof Devil's water proof bag bags for as most of water should get water to prove Yetia bag gont smell something cooking? New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a state cornbit, commerce, pot pine and potatoes next over well three sizes of the Yetti cast iron skillets.
Speaker 7: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today Cowboys fans.
Speaker 10: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The biggest names in tennis, head to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco this February. Witness and no, it is not your Nicole Hutcheson, but when is Top ranked Casper Rude and former Dallas Open champion American Tony Paul dazzled the court as uh the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete. Live. Tickets are available now at seek dot com.
Speaker 4: The Front Center. I'm sure let you finish.
Speaker 2: Girl, I know, like we knew that already though. Yeah, are you gonna go out there and play?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I think years. I think you could hang.
Speaker 4: I think I could, I think you could do hike.
Speaker 2: I believe in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe myself.
Speaker 5: People don't be understanding how serious Tennessee is.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 2: It's so serious Nicole does. She does for everyone who doesn't.
Speaker 4: I used to coach him my free time.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I feel like you'd be a good coach. Thanks girl, I do.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I feel like you would.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're gonna play a little over under. Let's go who over.
Speaker 3: Exceeded the expectations or under exceeded expectations this year?
Speaker 4: Brandon Kooks.
Speaker 5: Under.
Speaker 2: M hm wow, injury, simple as that under injury straight like that. Rock Coffman over.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: I feel like the confidence in the chirpiness. It was nice to see it waster.
Speaker 4: He's a cent too for your interior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bebby.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something the way. Jonathan Allen ain't gonna want to deal with him. Jonathan Allen, I'm not gonna want to deal with him for more seasons because he just he's He's our Draymond Green.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's a good one. You need one.
Speaker 2: He's Draymond Green well and also too, like I just feel like watching him play now, it was such a close tie between him and Cooper Rush for a Cooper Rush bb my bad for the starting center position, but I do feel like there could be possibility for both of them to be in that line. Hopefully next year it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Over.
Speaker 2: I mean I expected, I expected, I knew, I knew, but I feel like there was drop off when it was Cooper Rush coming in with adjustments. Yeah, but I do feel like the last month it was back to the same old growth. So I'm gonna say that's what I expected from him this season. I didn't expect anything more or anything less because overall, I feel like the offense was still figuring itself out and didn't really give him his best assistant chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said over, under, over, And that's exactly why. Just because you saw him play well with Dak Cooper Rush, you didn't see him do so much to do so well, and then you saw obviously with Trey Lance having his best game of the year.
Speaker 2: Hard for me, I would say, is there like the middle.
Speaker 4: Like one under?
Speaker 2: I guess I would say, I guess.
Speaker 5: I would say, I'm gonna say under, and I'm not. I'm gonna be fair because I'm a tough critic when it comes to Jayleen Tobert probably, but I'm gonna say under because I really.
Speaker 4: Expected for him, especially with.
Speaker 5: Brandon Cooks being out to really take charge of that wide receiver to spot. And don't get me wrong, to your point, there's been drop off and some guys like Jay Ferguson has has has really got the short end of the stick with Dak being out.
Speaker 4: Some guys need their quarterback.
Speaker 5: I know that CDs that want like CD's that one guy that can just play with anybody. Some guys can't. And I think Jaylen Tobert to your point, took some time to adjust to Cooper Rush how Cooper Rush delivers the ball. But you see the difference in how he looks when Trey Lance is throwing him the.
Speaker 2: Ball on the move, you know.
Speaker 5: So for me, I think I expected him for to really take that role and to be certain about that. So I'm gonna say under even though I do like the improvements he has made this year, I just expected a little more.
Speaker 2: Okay, last one, Chauncey over.
Speaker 5: My dude, my hot god, Yes, over over over over over over.
Speaker 4: I barely want to say over there.
Speaker 3: I think it's over because you had so many injuries and you weren't expecting him get to get this much time.
Speaker 5: But before training camp, in training camp, when I saw that Zimmer was coming in, I said, I was praying. I talked to my room about it and everything I asked him. I was like, Lord, please let Chauncy be able to play edge. The times I've spoken to Chauncey in the locker room, he's an edge. He was drafted to be an edge and to finally for I was hoping Zimmer.
Speaker 4: Will move him back to his correct position.
Speaker 5: He did, and we got to see him have the best season of his career five and a half sacks on the year.
Speaker 4: Just I'm very proud of him.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, very proud. I'm gonna I'm gonna say over because honestly, he was a name that wasn't expected to do much right and and he made a name for himself in the NFL to where what you know, when the opposing offense is talking about you and their press conferences and their OC's are naming you just point blank, you know you have made yourself a name. And he literally did that. So I wasn't expecting him to have as great of a season as he did, But we also didn't expect all the injuries. We didn't expect the season to be what it was. But overall, we also, to your point, didn't know where exactly he would be playing, because we didn't know how Zin would want to utilize him. So I really like didn't have much expectations for the defense overall other than Micah. But I'm glad Chauncey made a name for himself. So he has a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 5: He about to make some money.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, he's about somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I'll go make your money. Go make your money, Chancey, go make your money wherever it is here there, hopefully here not all right.
Speaker 4: Well, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: This has been fun like always for Ayham, Morrison, Jestin Ours.
Speaker 4: Nicole Hedgison.
Speaker 3: We'll be back here next Tuesday at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.