Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was a new game day scratches from the California Lottery players everything.
Speaker 3: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 4: That's all of now, Coach, one.
Speaker 1: More question play than you Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibily. It must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 4: Removing the queen is of the head as the head of state is something that's long overdue, and becoming a republic just means that you know you're no longer you have no affiliation with the United Kingdom and your former colonial masters.
Speaker 5: So country is already an independent country, but they were still kind of under.
Speaker 4: The flag of real mafia criminal organization type mentality that Okay, I'll let you have the block, but you know you still gotta check in with me.
Speaker 6: My graduate from my school being false backdrop B drop drop backdrop.
Speaker 5: So if you watch Earn your Leisure, you know that one thing we stay away from is politics. We've never interviewed a politician. That is for a reason because we're a political You could be a Democrat, you could be a Republican. That's we don't really go into that lane. Our lane is financing business. But there's exceptions to every rule. So if we was going to have a conversation with a politician, there was only one, maybe two that we would have made an exception or so. Shout to my brother Steve O. When he told me that we had an opportunity to talk to Sean, I was like, Nah, that's a no brainer. That's legendary. You know what I'm saying for us being fans of the culture, being fans of the music, seeing Sean's transition from being the hottest rapper in New York and the unfortunate incident being incarcerated, being kicked out of America for almost a decade, wasn't even allowed on American soil. To now before you say his name, you must say the honorable, the honorable Sean Barrow.
Speaker 3: Clap it up for that.
Speaker 5: So this is a conversation that I'm extremely excited about. We're going to talk about finance, We're going to talk about his journey, were going to talk about politics, We're going to talk about world politics, crypto, all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: So huh oh, all my beliefs.
Speaker 2: We got some believes in the If you believes, it makes no noise.
Speaker 7: Now, we got some brothers over here, shout out to you. We believe.
Speaker 5: There's three one a head, two here and Shine. So I need you to get on your feet. I need you to get on your feet.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 5: This is something that's extremely and poorant for us, poort for us. And welcome my brother Shine Narrow, the honorable Shine Barrol.
Speaker 4: Not so many people want to fuck with us. And look your son snitches.
Speaker 3: All right, take your seat.
Speaker 4: Like what I'm saying, I'm telling them when my father busting and loaded me.
Speaker 3: Think you just that's the vibe that.
Speaker 8: I like.
Speaker 5: I like how she blended that out in the Trump Very good. All right, So here's the deal, ladies and gentlemen. We got a lot of good information for you guys today. We're gonna do this legendary interview. After that we're gonna have a performance. Then we're gonna bring my brother Ian dunlap out. He shout out to Ian, shout out to Red pen. That's a fact.
Speaker 3: So it's only one thing that we ask of you, guys. That's it. It's free.
Speaker 5: Everything is you know, there's no charge to come in here. There's good hospitalities, good vibes. You can network whatever you want. But during the time that we're speaking, please please try to be quiet. That's the only thing that we ask if you guys, and shout out to my brother might started to make a mallory before I forget.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your advocacy, Thank you for joining us. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: All Right, let's get into this, Shine, the honorable, the honorable Shine Arrow. This is like, it's not enough time. I feel like this needs to be a five part series. Your life story is so amazing, you know, so I want to talk about the political aspect of it, but I want to start at the beginning. When did you actually realize that you had a talent for music and when did you actually start to pursue that Because when I first heard of you, everybody was saying like, this is the new big that was the buzz in New York, And when I heard it was a bit in war for you, and then I heard the music and it was like it was just like something I hadn't heard before.
Speaker 3: So when did that start? As far as the musical side.
Speaker 4: You know, I always love music. My father was a DJ before he became a politician. So we always have a joke in the family that, you know, I got something on him that I'm actually a successful music and he failed. But you know, I love music, you know, ever since I came out of the wound. You know, I used to write poems. I used to write poetry, you know, because I you know, I thought I was a casting over when I was a young kid, and so you know, my path to a young woman's heart was to charm her with you know, my lexicon and my wordplay. So that was my first four way into you know, music first is writing poetry. But you know I love music. I love Bob Mally, you know, really reggae music. It's my first love. And for those you know, true uh hip hop heads, they'll confess that, you know, cool Her he's the Jamaican DJE that moved moved to the Bronx and took the sound system from Jamaica. And you know that's how hip hop started. So yeah, so I used to listen to like Shaba Ranks and super Cat and you know yellow Man and all the great Jaman Yes, all the great uh DJs, and like KRS one was very, very influential because you know when he came out with the Bridges Over that had that whole reggae you know five that was like a reggae song. So so I always love music, but I never necessarily wanted to be a rapper. Just love music. But you know, when I was in the streets, as most young inner city you are in the streets because they have no alternatives. There's a systematic design for young inner city males, brown and black to you know, go down the path of destruction that leads to jail or incarceration. You know, music saved my life. You know, I was listening to music for therapy, for escape, you know, to stay inside and and stay away from dodging bullets and shooting bullets. So I would just you know, listen to music. And that's when I really started to develop the notion that I could actually contribute something to the art form of wrath.
Speaker 2: So the first song on your debut album, so I think the first time I heard you was on a total remix. But then when when when I heard they're America write that first bar at their America. Look at what you made me? Young, black and crazy? Yeah, please save me? Yeah the police saved me.
Speaker 4: Part.
Speaker 8: What was your vision? What did you right?
Speaker 2: Because you were born in Belize and moved to Brooklyn, So when you said America, please save me? What was the vision there that it was something you wanted to see change at that time?
Speaker 8: Going on?
Speaker 4: I came to the United States of America when I was about eight years old, and I lived with my mom. My mom was a you know, low, low income, working class woman, and you know, she had to work so hard that I was always by myself. You know, most immigrants that come to the United States from Jamaica, from Haiti, from Belize, they you know, do housekeeping and babysitting, and so she spent all her time taking care of other people's children, and I was on my own. And I wouldn't say that I was a bad kid, you know that That's how I got the name Sean because I was dark, because I had to be dark, you know, I was. I'm a lion, but I don't necessarily believe in eating gazelles. You know, if you if you do the history of mankind, there was a time in the gardener eating where lions and gazelles and everybody were one. And that's my mentality. You know, I don't I'm not a predator, but I grew up with predators, and so I wasn't going to be a gazelle. I was going to be a lion. And if somebody was gonna get eaten, it wasn't gonna be me. And so my mentality was always there should be an alternative. This shouldn't be the way that we live. You know, we should be able to grow up and evolve and you know, have for one ks and you know, you know, get married and you know, get a mortgage, and you know, take vacations and be the best versions of ourselves. But kids growing up, you know, in my generation, and I'm sure in this generation, that's not necessarily a reality. You know, the reality is jail in early Gray. So I was crying out because that's not who I wanted to be, and I wasn't ashamed of that, you know. You know, I know your theme song isnas That's one of my heroes. You know him and people like Ray Kwan and Ghost Face and Wu Tang, they had that same message like they were talking about reality. It was their reality. But that doesn't mean that's what we wanted to be. You know, we don't necessarily want to sell the narcotics that you know, certain agencies put into our communities to destroy our communities. But we have no other choice because you know, we feel that we're going to starve. You know, we can't get jobs. They burned down our business. You know, remember Black Wall Street. We can't get loans at the bank. You know, there's so many obstacles to having a healthy, normal life. So when I say saved me, you know it was a true crime that you know, it could be better and the legislators could make it better.
Speaker 3: Let me let me ask you this as far as you know.
Speaker 5: Obviously the incident in the club and you get sentenced to ten years in jail and Clinton Max. So that's you and the belly of the Beast right talking about overcoming adversity. Like to see you now to where you were at that point in time, it's an amazing transformation mentally. What was you going through during that ten year time and being incarcerated, and how were you able to come out and not only just keep your sanity, but to actually, you know, move forward, change your life.
Speaker 4: You know, the way the architect of the universe designs human beings is to withstand anything. I think we're all indestructible. Everybody in this audience has what I have inside of me, and it's just a matter of finding it. And so I went through different phases of my life's journey that allowed me to develop the durability to withstand that ultimate pain. Because I wouldn't wish incarceration on my worst enemy. It's nothing worse other than being bedridden in the hospital. But I come from a country Belize, you know where I grew up in a house where we didn't even have a toilet system. So that's how I grew up. So to go from that to the United States was an improvement. To go from Brooklyn, Flatbush Church Avenue, New Kirk, Little Haiti, you know, the most dangerous, challenging places on planet Earth to go from there and to escape incarceration and to escape death. I was a superhero. You know that that wasn't my my destiny. Uh So to have been able to do that and to you know, get signed to bad Boy. Uh to put out a number one rap album and to overcome that prepared me for whatever I would face in life, because it's not probable. Everybody wanted to wrap back then. But we didn't have you know, the Internet, we didn't have United Masters, We didn't have all these platforms that would allow you know, unknown artists to break through. So to go from a kid, you know, in a single pair at home, mom is poor, you know, nobody there to help UH to you know, I got I think I got the biggest record deal for new artists ever. You know, I came into the music industry making history a million it's more than that. But but I did that against all odds. I had no help, you know, Like my friends used to tell me, you're wasting your time. You know. My mom, you know, told me, you know, son, like you know, why did you drop out of university? Like she cried to me, like you're breaking my heart. Like if you're not gonna make it a music, nobody makes it a music.
Speaker 7: Erners, listen up. There's a new site that's building the best real estate and investing experience ever. It's called fund Rise. It's the first online investment platform designed to give every person the opportunity to own a portfolio of high quality real estate affordably. Thanks to their cutting edge, low cost model. That's right, Fundriise is revolutionizing the investment world by delivering unparallel transparency and real time reporting that lets you see how the development of specific properties impact your overall portfolio. The platforms innovations power and investor first model by eliminating the bloated costs of middlemen that have traditionally you weighed down real estate investment, saving investors time and money. Every fund Rise portfolio can be allocated according to the types of real estate you personally prefer, drawing on platforms many active properties over one hundred and fifty handpicked by the in house team of pros, and many more added all the time. When you add Fundraise real estate to your investment strategy, you're unlocking a deeper sort of diversification than anything available through your run of the mill public stocks and bonds. And one of the secrets that many of the country's wealthiest investors understand is that when you diversify, your portfolio is not just resilient, it's actually a positioned to earn more overall. But now, no matter what kind of investor you are, fundraise makes it simple to build a more perfect portfolio. But don't just take my word. See for yourself. Check out why fundraise has grabbed the attention of the financial world, earning it a place on Forbes' list of most Innovative Companies year after year and the title best real estate Investment Platform in twenty nineteen by the Fintech Breakthrough Awards and earners that got a special offer going on right now, visit fundriise dot com slash leisure. That's f u n d rii se dot com slash leisure to have your first three months of fees wave again. That's fundraise dot com slash leisure. Don't wait, don't hesitate, head over there now.
Speaker 4: But I knew that I could make it in music, and I made it. So you know, God is real, whatever you want to call it, the architect of the universe, intelligence designer, and there is a divine source that you know, GUIDs everything on this planet. So if I did it once, I could do it again. And you know, I think it was harder to go from Brooklyn, you know, single mother, you know, impoverished, household too, you know, millionaire rap star signed to the biggest record label in the world. Like, that's that's mission impossible. So to do that, that's it. After that, there's nothing that I can't do. And I thank God for that invincibility that I was gifted with. So, you know, going to Clinton Denamora and going through the incarceration, I rely on. You know, I'm I'm I'm not a religious person, but my name is Moses. And you know Moses, you know, you got the Five Books, whatever your religion is, it's the Old Testament for Jews, you know, they call it the Torah. You know. So one of the things that I have always had was this gift of just divine invincibility. I could do anything. And so once I did it once and I understood the science, however, the divine science work, I knew that I could apply that again. And so in the in the Five Books of Moses, there's a part that says when the Israelites, the Jews, when they're going through the Red Sea, and they got through the Red Sea and they're in the desert, they say to God, you know what, man, we don't need anything else, just the fact that you took us out of Egypt. That's enough. You took us through the Red Sea, that's enough. You gave us a fire by night to keep us warm, and you know you let us through all these scorpions and all these snakes. That's enough, they say, Diano. So what God did for me? Going from Belize where I didn't even have a toilet system and my mother was a poor teacher. We came to the United States, she was a housekeeper, then became a receptionist with a little bit of nothing, and I was able to become a multi millionaire, put our number one rap albums and get nominated for Grammys. So like, what more could I ask God for? So, you know, I wasn't entitled. I didn't feel like I deserved anything. I got the hand and I played the hand, and I played the hand before and I was successful. So I just asked God to continue to give me the wisdom and durability because we're gonna have challenges. Everybody in this room, everybody on this planet is going to have challenges. Alon Musk has challenges, Jeff Bezos has challenges, Kanye West has challenges. You just have to endure those challenges and figure out the science to navigate your challenges. So you know, I thank God for being able to figure that out.
Speaker 2: I told you, yeah, clap it up with that. I told you this backstage and I said, look like you were my god. You've always been my god.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, right, Like I remember twenty years ago being in the mirror trying to rap like you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, dressing up like you.
Speaker 2: One of the things that over the course of time is your level of integrity, right has never waivered. I told you I still got the double xcel cover when it was death before the Sauna and it still is right and even Sean's the realist rapper alive.
Speaker 7: And so you said mom wasn't around. I know your dad wasn't. Believeze, Where did we get this moral ethic? Cold, where we get this integrity from? Where was it built for?
Speaker 4: You know? My grandmother, God bless her soul. I was very close to her. She's a garridt from a woman uh Africans that very resilient throughout Latin America. And yeah, she she was very close to me and instilled a lot of those integrity and ideas and you know, the moral compassed that I had yeah, and you know, I think I think you are who you are. I think for me, it's not who I am, but how will I use who I am to empower humanity? So it's not about being great, but it's about how do you use your greatness to make other people great? But to impact the planet, not to impact your community, or your state or your country. So I think, you know, certain people are wired and designed to change the planet, to change their country, to change their surroundings. And you know, so that's how I was wired. I'm thankful that I was able to find that.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Again, I encourage everyone to find their greatness is there, it's inside of you. But you know, some of us are afraid, some of us get distracted, but you could find it.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this because I want to jump into this crypto conversation. It's very rare that we speak to politicians. But you're not only a politician, you're a world leader. So your neighbor, yes, your Central American navor El Salvador made news by buying seven hundred big coins see bigcoin is a legal tender currency there and they have a plan to finance a billion dollars of infrastructure using bitcoin and cryptocurrency. So my first question is what's your thoughts on that, and is that something that your country or other countries in the region, all over the world can duplicate to catch up to the superpowers.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a very bold and aggressive leader, so certainly I would be prepared to examine the benefits of you know, that path. You know, certainly to develop believes you know, we have to have all options on the table, so we'd have to look and see how that works for Ol Salvador and you know, study how it's working for other countries. But certainly I'm open to that. I do believe that is that is the now, not just the future. You know, it's what's smoothing the world.
Speaker 2: So when you when you got released, right and you were deported from the country, a country that you grew up in. I mean obviously you're born in Belize but raised in Brooklyn, and then you're deported, At what time do you decide that you know what politics is going to be my new passion. Politics is where I'm supposed to be because I know your dad obviously was the prime minister, and so when you're looking at him as the guy that's like, you know what, I'm not following my fat my dad's for sess, but that is an avenue if I would like to explore. What was it that triggered you to say, you know what, politics is my route now?
Speaker 4: No, no, you know, I always wanted to be Bob Marley. I never wanted to be a politician. I always wanted to be a prophet. I wanted to change the world, you know. I wanted to bring light to the world and just transform the world. And uh, but you know, politicians, legislators, they have a special power. And you know, when I visited Belize, there was a senator by the name of Julia Timborough and I was living in Paris at the time, and she said to me, she said, listen, our country is going through a transition, and the leaders in this country, at least for the most part, they only care about themselves. They only want to enrich themselves and their families and their cronies. And you you know, you're a multi millionaire, your friends are billionaires. You're not going to be a politician to get rich. You're not going to use the taxpayers dollars, you know, to take care of your self interests. You'd be the perfect type of leader. Like what are you talking about? I'm I'm a musician, you know, I'm an artists into the fine arts, my entrepreneur. You know, I do some investments, not necessarily interested in politics, but leadership, you know, leadership is important. And you know, there was a void and there still is a void. And I'm a leader. You know, I come from a family of leaders. But I wasn't looking at my father because I surpassed him in music, you know, Grammy nominations, forty million records, sol written, you know, publisher, performer. So for me, it was like politics was like down down there, like what are we doing? Yeah, but that's politics. Leadership is up here because leadership is my name. My name is Moses. And Moses was a leader. And you know, Moses was a shepherd. And Moses used to take the sheep that you know, were hurt, and he would carry them on his back and take them to get water. Right. So I'm a leader. I'm not a politician. So I'm here to lead my people. I'm here to transform their lives time. I'm here to empower them. You know, when I hear about financial literacy, I couldn't believe that there's a platform, you know, trying to instill these virtues in our people. So that's what got me into pursuing being a legislator, you know, not to be a politician, but to fulfill my purpose to be a leader and a world leader, you know, because I have friends in Africa, I have friends in the United States that are legislators, and what I do in Belize people are watching, so I could lead the world from Belize.
Speaker 5: So recently Barbados, I've seen that you you had a sport for Barbados, which they recently transitioned away from the UK monarchy system right into their own constitutional republic. What does that actually mean, because I'm not can show what it actually means. And is that something that you know other countries in the region can duplicate.
Speaker 4: Well, let me just acknowledge all my Haitians here today, Haiti, Haiti, Haiti. You know, I love Haiti. I love Haiti so much because Haiti's the first black republic in the Caribbean. Haiti's the first independent nation, the real true independent nation in the Caribbean. Here Toussaint was the leader that led that revolution and he defeated the French drove him out of Haiti, and they became the first independent nation in the Caribbean. And they've paid a hefty price for it. So God bless Haiti, and you know, forever love and salute Haiti. But all the other Caribbean nations never had that type of courage that the Haitians had, and they saw how the French, you know, the French made the Haitians pay like two hundred billion or four hundred billion dollars for their freedom. And right now we're in the midst of taking the United Kingdom to court for reparations because as we know in Belize, as we know, you know, the trans Atlantic slave atrocity holocaust is one of the worst things that have ever happened in humanity. And so you know, the United Kingdom, you know, committed you know, the worst crimes against humanity. So there's nothing glorious about the queen as our head of state in any nation in the Caribbean, that's our land. They extracted our wealth, they killed us, they raped us, They you know, just castigated and castrated our people, so that there's nothing glorious about it. And you know, I want to acknowledge Prince Charles who said everything that I'm saying right now. They invited him to the ceremony for Barbados becoming a republic and he said, you know, yeah, slavery is one of the stains of our history and it was atrocious and he didn't need to tell me that. And I hope that Belize will follow in the footsteps of Barbados. I know Jamaica's taken steps to do that, but removing the Queen is of the head as the head of state is something that's long overdue, and becoming a republic just means that, you know, you're no longer you have no affiliation with the United Kingdom and your former colonial masters.
Speaker 5: So country is already an independent country, but they were still kind of under.
Speaker 4: The flag of real mafia, criminal organization type mentality that Okay, I'll let you have the block, but you know, you still got to check in with me. It's not democracy, that's not freedom, that's not humanity. That shouldn't have happened in the first place. You shouldn't have took us from Africa in the first place. You owe us, We don't owe you. We don't owe you any type of acknowledgment of recognition right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, speaking of democracy, I know that's something that you obviously you fight for for your country.
Speaker 4: So your role, yeah, say hello to all the Cubans too, because I'm big on democracy in Cuba. It's very important. So, yeah, you got to get rid of the dictatorships.
Speaker 2: Your role was the leader of You were the thirteenth leader of the opposition before.
Speaker 4: I was fortunate to be elected the thirteenth opposition leader of the House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: And believe so for most people that are looking like the thirteenth opposition leader, can you to tell, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like the Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer for the United States obviously for the Congress.
Speaker 2: So in that role, what are you doing specifically, right, because obviously you're the minority leader. What's getting past through you are the things that you obviously can put implement.
Speaker 8: What's the role that you played?
Speaker 4: I'm leading U, you know everything.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eight teen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Ernerds.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of.
Speaker 8: Our merch partners.
Speaker 7: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 9: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visible at indeed dot com slash p o d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash p o d kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about indeed on this podcast, Terms and conditions apply. Hiring indeed is all you need falls.
Speaker 4: On my lap and you know I carry carry my colleagues and support my colleagues and help them to be the best versions of them themselves. And you know, follow the vision that will uplift and empower our people and fight for our people. You know, accountability is important. That that's what democracy is. People have to have an alternative, be able to say, you know what, I don't like what the blue is doing, so I'm going to vote the red. Or I don't like what the red is doing, so I'm going to vote the blue. So you know, while you're in opposition, you know, you fight to advance the platforms that the people to make sure that what the government that has been elected make sure that they're doing what they promise the people.
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you this as far as reparations, something that we really haven't talked too much about on the platform. So you say your country, you're planning on taking UK to court.
Speaker 4: We just you know, there's a lawyer by the name of Godfrey Smith. He is on the team of lawyers for Jamaica that have taken the United Kingdom to court for reparations. So, you know, when I was the leader of the opposition, he approached me, he approached the Prime Minister of Belieze and he said, listen, you know, we'd like your support to pass the reparations motions in the House to demand that you know, the UK pay what they owe. Believe you know, they paid the slave owners billions of dollars and they gave those who were stolen and enslaved nothing. So he asked that, you know, we passed the motion together bipartisan, and I agreed, and and so now they're going to proceed with taking the United Kingdom to court. So that is in motion. We've already passed the motion in the House of Representatives in Belize and now we're going to proceed with the litigation.
Speaker 5: Is there a certain dollar amount or to be determined that you're asking.
Speaker 4: For, you know, I think Bob Johnson has it at one point three trillion dollars in the United States and the Caribbean, I think totally in Belize. You know, I'm not sure. I think it'd probably be maybe fifty ye maybe one hundred, one hundred million.
Speaker 5: I think what's your what's your thoughts on reparations in America. You know, if you listen to the Sean albums, Yeah, I'm going there. That's how That's how it ended. The intro reparations is due due.
Speaker 4: It's due, grammatically incorrect, and y'all gonna pay. So I said that as a nineteen year old child, so as a forty three year old world leaders, it's long overdue. And you know, I've spoken to my colleagues and the House of Representatives here in America, Congressman Meeks and Senator Chuck Schumer and Congressman Maxie Waters, and you know, so I believe within the next six or twelve months you're going to see legislation passed in the House and the Senate.
Speaker 8: Nineteen year old shots.
Speaker 4: You guys got to get out there and vote. You've got midterms coming up. So you don't want you don't want things to you don't want things to get worse. You want to go back four years. I want to get into your politics, but I'll vote, vote for the people that are going to forward reparations. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go back to the debut because then we spoke about that line where you said, look, if y'all build schools instead of prisons, I'm living.
Speaker 4: He said, it takes me a craft or a trade.
Speaker 8: Maybe don't. Maybe I'll go off for balls.
Speaker 7: Don't.
Speaker 4: Maybe get up here and start that.
Speaker 8: NAT.
Speaker 2: But you so you said that at nineteen and obviously you were talking about where your conditions in Brooklyn. But now listening to that line and knowing what you're seeing in Belize as a forty year old leader, can you talk about the progression or lack thereof for that same environment that you were talking about.
Speaker 4: Then, you know, believee is different from the United States, whereas we're developing nation and it's sad that even a developed nation had those issues. So imagine what we're going through. I'd like to acknowledge my my little brother, Stephen Victor, who's a vice president of Universal Music Group, who just donated one hundred thousand dollars to Belize for education. He has a Steven Victor Education Fund. So that's a big problem in Belize due to financing. You know, the legislators would prefer to spend money on fixing roads, which we do need. We need infrastructure, we need streets, we need roads. But before we get to roads and streets that we can navigate. We need children who are educated, because children who are educated, we'll be in a position to create wealth that can pay for those roads and streets. So it's a matter of priority. If you have a dollar, you know you spend that on food that can feed your family and not on getting a drink at the bar. So you know, the government now has in my view, not prioritizing government's past. You know, they borrowed money. There's nothing wrong with borrowing money, but they've spent billions of dollars on things that can generate wealth for them and their families, whereas we should have invested in education and healthcare, making sure that you know, our people are healthy and educated and our country will develop. So certainly, as a leader, those are my priorities, education and health.
Speaker 5: So how do you feel about government regulation as far as the business, because I feel like we live in New York, right, so they have done a tremendous job to make business hard for entrepreneurs, and this is why a lot of people are leaving New York. And I feel like too much from an involvement in a private sector, it's problematic. What do you this is a business platform. We champion business. What do you feel about that? As far as government, what do you think government's involvement should be in a private sector.
Speaker 4: I believe in balance. I believe in balance. I certainly don't believe in over regulation. But I don't believe that we should deregulate to a point where the biggest corporations don't help to solve the social issues that we have. Right, somebody has to pay for education, somebody has to pay for healthcare. It shouldn't be the hard working people like my mom that was making a certain amount of money that we you know, insignificant. So I don't believe in over regulating the business community. I believe in finding ways to help the business community, not finding ways to stop the business community or to you know, have a bureaucratic quagmire. But to make sure the flow of business is fluent. Let's get it done. But I do agree with the current president of the United States that you know, you got to be good corporate citizens, and you know, those people that are making the most money need to pay for that. Young shine that doesn't want to be a gang banger, doesn't want to be a dope dealer, wants to go to school, you know, wants to live a productive life. Who's going to pay for him or her to go to school. Somebody has to pay for that, and it shouldn't be the people that are making, you know, just enough to get by. So that's my only issue with the business community. I believe that they should not be over regulated. Government should have a passion and a desire to make business easy to do anywhere.
Speaker 2: So obviously you were the thirteenth leader of the opposite is the goal to eventually be prime minister of the country. Is that where we're headed in terms of leadership or are we gonna you know, we're saying where we're at, we like where you're at now, or you want to have the ultimate leadership?
Speaker 4: And you know, I had this conversation with my friend when I was Washington, d C. And you know, she was telling me about bureaucracy, and I said, you know, I'm hip hop. I don't do bureaucracy. I could do anything, like, there's no no in hip hop. We can do anything like look, you know, happy birthday to my good friend Sean Carter.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, heavy birthday to you know.
Speaker 4: Who went from a Mossie Kid, you know, to creating not just himself as a billionaire, but two other billionaires and Kanye and Rihanna. That's hip hop, like we do anything. So for me, you know, being the Prime Minister is not if, but when. And it's not about being the Prime Minister to have a title as to the Prime Minister, because I was I'm already a Grammy Award winning writer, publisher, producer. I'm not into titles. It's what comes with being the Prime Minister of beliefs and the change that I could make, the revolutionary change that I could make two a make up for the hundreds of years of slavery and the hundreds of years of my people not being taught to be entrepreneurs, not being taught to be landowners, not being taught to have families because the slave owners used to come and rape o women and you know have all of our wives as their sweethearts. So that's all we know how to do. That's where pimp culture comes from, right, So as Prime Minister, I can you know, reverse all the damage of you know, our people being enslaved and set my people to be the next Shines, the next jay Z's, the next whatever they want to be, because I don't want to get rich to be a politician. I don't want to say, oh, I'm the Prime Minister of Belieze. I'm good. I want to say that this is what I did for believes. I created a bunch of entrepreneurs. I created people who are financially literate. I created you know, great family men and women. I created healthy boys and girls. I want to be able to brag about that the next.
Speaker 5: Forty years, sounding very presidential.
Speaker 3: He's good, he's good.
Speaker 4: So who's the other politician you want to interview?
Speaker 5: Well, we can't turn down Obama can't turn down. So let me ask you this conflict resolution is something that we struggle with a lot in our community, mending differences.
Speaker 3: So you and Diddy on good terms? Wasn't always on good terms?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 3: How did you and Diddy mend that relationship?
Speaker 5: And what made you actually want to say, Okay, this is a relationship that's actually worth mending.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it is African American men in particular. You know, Latinos super as African American men. We have been conditioned since the plantation to hate each other and to destroy each other. And you know, part of my evolution, part of my healing. I can't carry twenty four years of pain and hurt with me. I wouldn't be here right now if I was holding on to that. That's baggage. I got to shake that, and I gotta keep going. And you know, Diddy's my brother. He was my brother, He is my brother. Now you're my brother, all of you. You're my brothers and sisters. I don't even know y'all. And Diddy, you know, gave me an opportunity that changed my life forever. And so I prefer to look at the positive in my brother because we've been conditioned to hate our brothers and sisters for so long that I want to condition myself and us to love. Let's find the good in our brothers and sisters. Yeah I could. I could find a million things wrong with Ditty. I want to find the things that's right with him. And so I focused on the positivity, and I focused on myself. You know, I like to acknowledge my other little brother of Stephen Carlos, that the president you call him Steve, I called him Stephen Carlos, that he's the president of you know, President Warner Music. My other protege. You know, we're working on a documentary, a movie, TV series about my life, and you know, different studios have approached me put money on the table, but they want to tell the Shine Hates Ditty story, and I say, you know, keep your money. I'm not interested in that. I'm not interested in that because it can't be wrong when you know, the Caucasian nails on George Floyd's neck and takes his life. But when we kill each other, it's okay. You know, when when somebody that looks like young Dolf kill it was young Dolf, that's not okay. It's not okay for us to hate each other, you know. So that that's really what drove the healing process with Diddy and I. And again, I'm just focused on myself. I'm not focused on other people. I don't have time for that. There's like a nation that's relying on my success in order for us to all be successful in that country. And I think, just as a world leader, that's a great example to set for other African Americans who are still caught up in a culture, a plantation culture, you know, a Reagan Bush era culture where we destroy each other. And I'm not about that. So you know, I Texteddy as soon as I got here. I'll see him tomorrow. We'll celebrate life, will celebrate black excellence, you know. And that's what we should do. We should celebrate each other, we should forgive each other. We should here and focus on the way forward.
Speaker 3: Clap it, clap it up.
Speaker 8: For that, I want to thank you and hold on.
Speaker 4: We didn't talk about the art. We can't.
Speaker 8: I personally thank you.
Speaker 4: We got to talk about this. All we gotta on the table, we got.
Speaker 8: To bring I wanted to thank you for that reconciliation.
Speaker 2: Okay, because May twentieth, twenty sixteen, Bad Boy was having his twentieth year anniversary concert for Shot It Out.
Speaker 7: Were there and we've both seen it ourselves. Man, this ain't gonna be right or shine ain't there and low and behold, screen went dark and there you go in front of a pyramid on the screen that.
Speaker 2: Said that's it, that's hip hop. So I want to person thank you for that.
Speaker 4: And also, you know what I said was generalized, but you know Diddy has been supporting me morally even financially. Yes, this is a great picture from an artist called Alex Sanker. You know, it's art Basel, so I had to bring the belize in paintings with me. He's one of our best artists. This is you know, downtown. This is on south side the Belize called Ebu Town. This is where all the Africans from Nigeria were and the south side is where all the Africans really started. That's where Belize started and that's where they stayed. The Creoles, which are the Africans that mix with the Europeans, went to the north side, but you know, the the one hundred percent Africans stayed here. And so this is Albert Street. This is the British the British on mailbox. That's a law firm. Barron Williams, one of the best in the country. Yeah so yeah, so back today. He was supporting me for for many years now, you know, not like yo, you owe me, but just listen. I have a vision for Belieze. I want to change believe I'm running for the House of Representatives. You know, I need your support. And it wasn't even a conversation. It was like, oh man, this is black excellence, like you know, just let me know what you want me to do. And so he's been doing that in however, he could do that for years, and recently the government tried to I won't say the government rogue actors in the government attempted to pass legislation to disqualify me from the House of Representatives because of what happened when I was nineteen years old, when I was convicted of defending myself and my friends. And so, you know, I reached out to Diddy and said, listen, you know, we got to start a campaign with this, and we have to create awareness because you know, this is an attack on the lower class. This is attack on all those young kids that are impoverished, that can't afford a lawyer, can't afford to get themselves, you know, through the justice system. And you know did he was there, you know, we got revoked, got you know, the publicists and said listen, let's bring attention to this. And you know, when it was time for me to travel to the United States, he made sure that whatever congressman, whatever senators he had at his disposal, he made available to me so that I could further the cause of beliefs. So those are the conversations that we were having. You know, we weren't having Oh you know what if I didn't, you know, keep my mouth shut. You done went to jail. You're worth a billion dollars now, you know I need ten percent, you know. So we weren't having those conversations. We were having it because you know that that's about me, and it's not about me. It's about beliefs, and so support believes, don't support me. And he's been very willing to support my efforts to lift up my nation. So I have to give him what credit for that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what was the feeling like being able to come back to the United States?
Speaker 2: Clip it up with that, Yeah, for sure. I mean being goes is gone so long. What was the feeling being back in America for the first time?
Speaker 4: You know, it's never about being back in America, and it's always about believes. So I wasn't here on vacation. I wasn't here to go down memory lane. I was here to talk to Maxine Waters. I was here to talk to Congressman Gregory Meeks and Senator Schumer and you know, Congressman, that's been a lot, and all the different senators and congressmen that received me so graciously. Mayor Eric Adams, who says that he's going to make sure the business community is taken care of in New York City. That's what he said, all right. He said he's tied all the money coming to Miami in Florida. Hopefully he's gonna bring it back.
Speaker 3: So hoping.
Speaker 4: My guy Brian Benjamin, he's he's a lieutenant governor.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's pro business. Hopefully they can lower taxes too. Yeah, I gotta say hello.
Speaker 4: To my to Mika Mallory, she's he's here too, in my son. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So but Sean, let me ask you this general Momar Kadaffi had had a vision for the African Union to have a unified African dollar similar to the Euro. Uh didn't work out. Everybody knows what happened shortly after that. I say that to say, Central America, the Caribbean is any Is there any hope that one day it could be a more unified front similar to the EU, with you know, maybe one currency for a block of countries or you know, something similar to that.
Speaker 4: You know, right now we have characters. We're all the Caribbean nations all together, Barbados, Jamaica, Bahamas. Forgive me for any any Saint Vincent, the Grenadines. But certainly. That's that's that's that's practical as possible because we have character. As I said, Belize is a very unique nation and the fact that we're part of Central America and the Caribbean nations. But you know, right now, my focus is in uh directing Believee to a path of first world nation, developed nation, and I think all my energy is there. I can't get ahead of myself. I don't know that discussion is not being it's not being had right now as far as one currency. And my focus right now is making sure that Belize is the best version of herself. And we're far from there because the last forty years we've had leaders who have used Belize as a vehicle for self and Richmond. So there's a lot of work that needs to be done.
Speaker 5: When we travel over the world. In Jamaica, we see heavy Chinese influence. Nigeria, I was shocked to find out that twenty five percent of all hospitality is Lebanese. You go to every club, The Lebanese own every club in Nigeria and legos. I say that to say there's international investments in all over the world, but especially in black countries, countries of color what's your thoughts on that for beliefe And how do you feel about foreign investment? And on the flip side, a country like Ghana has welcomed African Americans. It has really helped their economy, has helped their tourism. Is that something that you want for believes.
Speaker 4: Certainly we welcome foreign investment. Uh. We support Taiwan because you know, Belize has a The Guatemalans claim Belize in some you know, colonial far fetched entitlement they felt because you know, Spain, whatever Spain surveyed and said was theirs was theirs. So Spain said Belize and entire Latin America was there, so it belonged to them, and so they believe that they inherited that colonial right. So they're claiming Belize. So I said, all letters say that Taiwan, you know, has the same thing with China where they broke away from China, and you know China, Taiwan believes they're they're the Republic of China, and then you have China China that says they're China. So we support Taiwan, and China doesn't do business with people who have diplomatic relations with thai Taiwan so I wouldn't be as Prime minister. I wouldn't be interested in breaking relations with Taiwan to establish relations with China for economic benefit, you know, because China has a terrible human rights record and I don't believe in diplomatic prostitution. You know. You talked about my integrity, my character, and my honor, and I've had that my entire life, so I shouldn't. I certainly wouldn't do that as as Prime minister. I want to be in business with the right people, and all money is in good money, so you know, I wouldn't. I don't want to put any roadblocks to anybody, but I'm not prepared to sell my soul or sell the soul of Belize to be in business with anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the major economic engines, especially that one of the major economic engines in the Caribbean is tourism. Right, but most people never you never hear people saying we're going to Belieze. How do we get people more interested, more involved, wanting to come so that when you get that economic engine flowing through the country.
Speaker 8: Now you have money for interest uts, you have money for schools.
Speaker 7: How do we get more awitness on Belieze outside of you speaking.
Speaker 4: Well, you know you can go. There's an Instagram page called visit Belize, now Facebook called visit Belize. Uh. Now, there's a Belize tourism board. Uh. You know, there's so many direct flights to Belieze. There's a two hour flight from here to Belieze on American You know, Belieze, it's paradise. Uh So really I invite all of you to be my guests, and believe I'm a very down to earth guy, so youll see me walking around and slippings probably and just come to Belize, you know, believe it is paradise. So I told you guys to come do through the podcast definitely, and.
Speaker 7: We're bringing everybody in breaking news alert so everybody, I gotta I gotta shot.
Speaker 4: Got a group coming down I think for New Years from d C, like a group of thirty, you know, professionals in the urban community in d C. So you know that's what I'll keep doing, you know, because tourism drives our economy. So I'll keep going around the United States, keep inviting my friends. You know, I invite Diddy, I invite Fat Joe, I invite cal It, I invite everybody. And you know, over the next twelve months, you're gonna see a lot of activity happening in Belieze.
Speaker 5: So get you take suh, you're a gentleman in a scolar my brother.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. Oh, thank you for enduring my long winded.
Speaker 5: Respond This is this is like I said, this is the first conversation that we had with a politician and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: So we got a hold on. So we got to talk about these pieces. Right. So so this is a an artist by the name of Penn Kayatano. He's a grif African artist. Is the guy that got my phone? Does he is where? I don't anyway? Make sure the mail getting these pictures? Man, No, no, no, but I want you to get the pictures. Yeah. So yeah, so this is Penkayatano. These are garyful of people African people who have faced great persecution. And you know he has another piece over here. So that's a garaful of drummer. You know, drumming it's our thing.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: They're from dan Griga. So if you ever go to believee, visit Dan grigor. This is a Garifuna woman. She's feelings. I don't know any of you Caribbean people know about Cassava. And this is from Cayatano as well. Yeah, and this is a this is a young young artist by the name of Janelli. So this is Placentia. This is in the south as well. And this is a This is right there at the port where the fishermen going catch their fish. Where's the other one from the big one that they brought out? Can they bring that back out again? From Alex Sanka.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Elliott Elliott Wilson.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Elliott Wilson shout We just cover the goat and goat yeah yeah, so yeah, so yeah, we couldn't be at our bosl and now show the beliefs and artists. So we got you know, I collect art. I'm not like like Jay and and Swiss and Yay and and all those guys, but I collect believes in art. My house is filled with art.
Speaker 5: So yeah, now I appreciate your passion for your country because that's something that you said this morning, like, no, it's not about me, it's about believes. And absolutely want to highlight the beliefs and artists and give them an opportunity to shine during our bos or if we're going to have a stage and a platform to speak, you know, I think it would be a good idea to highlight some of the local artists. So yeah, yes, he's taking all the right steps. I see, I see a bright future.
Speaker 8: I actually see us in beliefs. I see us in beliefs.
Speaker 5: Yes, it has we're bringing that pain back. Yeah, we're gonna make it. And you know, in the financial literacy, it's so much. You know, I applaud you for that. I applaud you for that. It's so important to our culture.
Speaker 4: You know, before you buy a Richard mill, before you buy protectively by some real estate, you know, you know, buy things that appreciate. Uh, you know, make sure that you invest in security and our people need that, you know. So what you're what you're providing for our people is it's so necessary and invaluable and and it survived, so it's not it's not boring, you know, it's not you know, broccoli stressed up nice and you know, and.
Speaker 5: It's important before we leave that we always got to have these conversations because when we went to Jamaica, we had to tap in with Usain Bolt and all the guys in Jamaica and then you know, we just went to Nigeria, we went to Egypt. So it's important for us to not just focus on America. The world is big and there's opportunities all over the world, and we need to tap in, especially people that look like us from all over the world, because ultimately it's divide and conquer and the more way united, uh, the stronger we are. And the key to unity is education. People have a lack of education, which leaves them ignorant. So having conversations with diplomats, politicians, statesmen from different parts of the world is not something to be taken lightly because it's actually opening doors to the minds of something that can actually help potentially change the world. So thank you, brother, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Graduates from my school being fores bad drop bag drop Mike droftdrop Droft.
Speaker 10: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 8: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.