Speaker 1: Looking Thursday edition Clay Travis buck Sexton Show.
Speaker 2: We appreciate all.
Speaker 1: Of you hanging out with us as we are rolling into what should be another fun show with all of you. Senat Rampaul is going to join us at two, that is a couple of hours from now and give us the latest on how the big beautiful Bill is progressing in the Senate. Remember, despite all of the attention this week on the signal chat of Pete hex At, JD. Vans and others, the big story remains that the border bill, as well as the tax bill and the overall budget priorities of President Trump for the next several years, is winding its way through the capital process and there is still a lot of work to be done there, with the hope that sometime in May it will be officially complete, but lots of pulling to do on the House side and the Senate side. We will get the absolute latest from Senator ran Paul there as well as whether that new budget can help we hope to create at least some of a clawback on the growth of the national deficit, which is at thirty six trillion dollars and continuing to expand as we all speak Trump has been effective in getting more of the Venezuelan gang leaders arrested. We'll talk about that a little bit press conference earlier this morning, but he had a press conference yesterday, and I want to play some of those cuts for you. As Trump took command of the national story. I will say, Buck, and I think you'll sign off on this. The seagonal story seems to be basically done now. It took a couple of days. Atlantic managed to drag it out as long as they could, but by and large, I think that story is now behind us. And I'm sure there will be a new emergence of a top story in the near future. But right now is what is going on seems to have vanished. And I think, Buck, if it's being played at all, it's mostly being played for laughs at this point, as opposed to anything else. But here is President Trump yesterday saying, on a day when they were honoring the number of women involved in his administration as a part of a women's history celebration, Guess what, no matter how many surgeries you have, a man is not a woman.
Speaker 2: This is cut for no.
Speaker 3: Matter how many surgeries you have or chemicals you inject, if you're born with male DNA and every cell off your body, you can never become a woman.
Speaker 2: You're not going to be a woman.
Speaker 4: Laugh.
Speaker 3: And that's why last month I proudly signed a historic executive order to ban men from competing in women's sports. And who is very popular, very.
Speaker 1: So that is very popular book positive news here. I mean to me, this goes to the essence of whether truth is real or not? Is biology real or not? The World Track and Field Association now says, hey, we're gonna cheek swab every woman who is competing in women's track and field and confirm that they are in fact all women. And this is important because I don't know if we talked about this on the show, but I've been doing research. Do you know that every women's track and field record has been broken by a fourteen or fifteen year old boy in the United States? That is the fastest women in the history of the world. Are all slower than a fourteen or fifteen year old male sprinter. That's how much biology matters. We're not even talking about grown men who are training full time. This testosterone stuff's pretty powerful and about fourteen or fifteen years old. There is no similarity between the sexes anymore.
Speaker 2: When it comes to that remarkable that Trump says this, and they still will deny it, and they'll pretend that it's not true. They will talk around the issue. But the statement, if you're born with male DNA and every cell of your body, you can never become a woman. You're not going to become a woman. This should be the most straightforward, incontrovertible thing. The sky is blue, right, This is the most straightforward statement of fact you can really come up with. And yet there will be Democrats and the left pretending that somehow this is controvert in fact, worse than controversial, it's bigoted, clay. If you believe this, you were a bad person. And you know, we're starting to see also the data compiled on what really the reality is for a lot of these individuals who are trans and problems with sexual deviancy, sexual assault, I mean this stuff. We're not allowed to talk about the number of people who have been trans who were involved in recent mass shootings, for example, the most notable one in Nashville. You're supposed to forget all about this because they don't want anyone to realize that there's a huge that this is a mental health issue essentially, and they don't want to anyone talk about that. Instead, we're supposed to believe this is a class of protected person. And if you won't go along with and you are supposed to stand and cheer as an eighteen year old man runs and sets the new track and field record for the eight hundred meters against a bunch of girls, you're supposed to do that. They really believe this, or rather they really say it. I can't tell you what they believe on an individual basis. So I think Trump needs to keep hammering this home because Clay once they're in charge, who knows Democrats they might Biden was putting forward guidance on transurgery for miners from the White House, Joe Biden. That was reality under a Democrat administration. So this battle is not over, and this fight for sanity continues no matter how much they say, why are you focusing on this? I also think that and this is not going to surprise any of you. We talked about how Caroline Levitt doesn't get any of the credit that she deserves just by being the youngest White House Press secretary ever who was also raising an eight month old son right now, but Trump pointed out that his cabinet actually has more women than any Republican president in the history of the country. I haven't seen that headline anywhere, of course you wouldn't because it's Trump and nothing positive he does. But he said this in cut six.
Speaker 3: I'm also thrilled to say that we have more women in our cabinet than any Republican president in the history of our country. And joining us today is a woman I've known a long time. You talk about strong women, this is a strong woman. Remember they were saying he doesn't like strong women. Be true, But if that's true, I'm in deep trouble because I'm surrounded. I got the strongest women, and this is a beautiful, strong, wonderful woman. Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Speaker 1: Buck, you know that strong woman comment. You remember who said that in the campaign that Trump refused to surround himself with strong women, and then they basically sidelined him. It was a guy, our good buddy, Mark Cuban. And and then then like.
Speaker 2: I remember, now, I remember gotten that sounds like honestly, it's it's so hysterical and low t that it sounds like something that Olberman would have said. But it is a Mark Cuban, a Mark Cubanism.
Speaker 1: That is that they basically sided Remember Mark Cuban became the avatar for Kamala Harris for men, he was going around speaking everywhere about what an incredible talent she was and how phenomenal of the president she would be, and then he made those comments and they went megaviral, and they happened around the time that Joe Biden called Trump supporters trash. So this was in the closing days of the campaign, in the October, the final sprint, and they basically sidelined Mark Cuban, And I've barely seen the guy anywhere. I think he now spends a lot of time over on Blue Sky, which I have no idea who Thankfully I never have to venture into the Blue Sky streets. I think that was the that was the Zuckerberg alternative, right that he tried to build to Twitter, where they have all sorts of protective safeguards for what cannon cannot be said, and a lot of people say they're going to go there, but then nothing happens over on that site and nobody's really kind of paying attention there, and then they come back. But I do think It is important to emphasize here that Trump has not only we know he's done very well with young men, but a lot of women, many of whom are out there listening to us right now, either got on the Trump train early on in twenty sixteen, or as twenty twenty and twenty twenty four have progressed, have finally ended up on board the Trump train. I had dinner with a media executive on Tuesday, a group of them here in Nashville, and one of the guys there said, you know, I was totally apolitical. He said, I didn't vote for twenty years. I was just kind of focused on my career. I wasn't really focused on politics at all. And then he was like, I looked up, and I looked around, and I was like, there really is no other choices there, Like things have gotten so crazy. He said he was very happy to go out and vote for Trump in twenty twenty four, and he hadn't voted hardly in the twenty first century. And I think there are a lot of people like that who just get so busy with work and life that they're not really paying attention to the larger culture or certainly the day to day of politics, and it just got so crazy that finally a lot of people came in off the sidelines and said, we got to fix this. I know we talked about it a lot yesterday, but I think that it will become clear. It'll take some time, but the the Woke snow White disaster I think could be the beginning of a change in the creative content business occurring now. Where they start to go, it's not going to be conservative, but they're going to start being less insane because of the I think the financial imperative is is more clear now than it has been ever before. People just don't want this stuff, and even Disney can't afford to keep doing this stuff. You no one can afford to light hundreds of millions of dollars on fire on one project, correct, So there's gonna have to be a reckoning here with the bottom line. I don't think the individuals in charge have necessarily changed their beliefs at all, but they're gonna have to stop being so crazy if they want to stay in business. And this has been a part of a long transformation. I mean, if you had we had had this conversation ten years ago, it would have felt like, oh, my gosh, no way will they ever abandon the tenets of the far left worship that we see in all of these different media projects. Look at CNN, look at MSNBC. I mean, we are in a time of change in the narrative overall in this country, but also in the gatekeepers and the content creators, corporations, massive corporations, obviously Bezos and Face and Zuckerberg showing up at the inauguration with Trump. It's not about Clay, who's a true believer. Now I think the market has changed. That's a difference, right, It's not oh, because it was. We're gonna build our own stuff and they're gonna have their stuff, and eventually our stuff will grow to the size where we'll have the We talk about the parallel economy, Yes, increasingly, this is just the economy now where you can't get away with the fringe twenty percent leftist stuff is starting to become financially toxic. That's right, and it's very important that that. But and this is why we said, many of you stop drinking bud light, and we've used that as an example. You shouldn't be firebombing bud light trucks, right, Like there's a difference between saying, Hey, I'm going to put my money where I feel like my values are and trying to physically attack and destroy people who make decisions that are different than you. And I will give a little bit of credit to bud Light, like I think they lit their brand on fire metaphorically speaking, but they have been aggressively trying to win back the audience.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think the challenge, as we said before, is their beer doesn't taste that much different than a lot of other light beers, and I'm gonna get dell loosed as I always do. I can tell the difference between Miller Lite and Cores Light and bud Light all day Clay after about two beers. Trust me, you can't. But that's the challenge that they've got. The brand value that they created Buck was really just Hey, drinking a beer and hanging out with your friends is fun. Sports are good, We like girls in bikinis. Like this was the fun element that they try to sell with beer. And then suddenly they're telling you, hey, here's a dude, and actually you have to say it's a girl with a bud Light can. And guys just said, yeah, we're not doing this and I think that the bottom line ultimately is the driver. For a long time, they said none of this works. Bud Light is basically destroyed as a brand. Now Disney's in trouble. Disney's in real trouble when a lot of parents out there can't trust taking their kids to a Disney movie because there's all sorts of crazy left wing politics in it. And if I'm Bob Igert, i am looking around and saying, hey, we're done with this, and sometimes buck those guys can know it's not smart. But a lot of CEOs are cowards, frankly, and they follow whatever the herd is going because they want to keep their jobs. And now Bob iger can walk into the boardroom or the creative team and he can say, look, guys, we lost two hundred million dollars on this movie, like we can't do this ever again, or the company won't exist. Let's get bite back to just telling universal, awesome stories for everyone. Example I've used for a while, how about Top Gun Maverick. Why can't we go back to the movies that were made in the eighties and the nineties that truly appealed to everyone instead of trying to check all these different identity boxes. Let's just tell universally great stories that have mass appeal to everyone, totally.
Speaker 2: Agreeable, take calls, talkbacks, all that good stuff. Eight hundred and two A two two eight a two. Warmer weather is coming for some of you. It's already here, which means outdoor ranges, they're gonna be popping. A lot of good things going on for the gun owners out there. Look, I'm in South Florida, so I can go out year round. But for a lot of you, it's gonna be time to get out to the range for the first time in a while. Get yourself a new gun, rifles, pistols, whatever you need. Bear Creek Arsenal has a wide range of firearms at the best prices you're gonna find anywhere. I've been out to the range with the folks from Barcreek Arsenal. By the way, their gun guys and gals, they love the Second Amendment, they love being out there at the range, and they want their firearms to perform for you and to get you the best possible prices on them. The Bear Creek Grizzly is just two hundred and ninety five dollars. I've got one here at home. The nine millimeterre Grizzly. It's great, I'm accurate with it feels good in my hands. But you can get a lot of rifles at Barcreek Arsenal under four hundred bucks. So if you're looking for the best bang for your buck, makes sense firearms right, definitely go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com, Bearcreekarsenal dot com. You're not gonna be disappointed when you see the accuracy in the craftsmanship when you go to Bear Creek Arsenal dot com. Use my name Buck as your coupon code. Save ten percent on your first order.
Speaker 4: Want to be in the know when you're on the go. The Team forty seven podcast Trump highlights from the week Somedays at noon Eastern in the Klayan Bug podcast feed. Find it on the iHeart Rate or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I know a lot of you are going to say, wait a minute, Clay, we just had an election. We just had November fifth. We just celebrated won the presidency. Who won the House? We won the Senate. But the House majority is tenuous, comes down to a few seats. Tuesday, two of the seats are being filled by guys who step down. Matt Gates in Florida one is going to be replaced by Jimmy Patronis.
Speaker 2: I know Jimmy.
Speaker 1: He's done really good work in the state of Florida. All of you out there in the panhandle Florida one, you need to get out and vote. But I want to talk about Florida six here. This is the seat that was relinquished by Mike Waltz when he decided to join the Trump cabinet, the Trump administration. It is a very umftable Trump district. But I want to hit you with these numbers. Buck, you were also just reading this. The Democrats, in an effort to try to steal this seat, have spent nine point seven million dollars in Florida six compared to the five hundred and sixty thousand dollars spent by Randy Fine, who is the Republican candidate. This is a very pro Trump district. You guys, I understand you just voted. You need to get back out and vote. Because they're concerned enough about how tenuous this House majority is that they just pull the least Stephanics n ambassador role over being concerned about her New York congressional seat. And then you've got two different seats that are available for the remainder of the term that are up on April first, that's Tuesday. I think a lot of you listening to us in Florida right now may not even be aware this is going on because so many of you right after the election, you're taking a breather, you're kicking back, you're enjoying the results of the Trump victory. But you need to turn out again because if Democrats can whittle down and take back the House, they're not passing anything that Trump wants to get done. And this is going to be the risk next year in the midterm when all four hundred and thirty five House seats are up for grabs, and we'll have to see how that goes next year. But in the meantime, we got to preserve what we've already won. And so if you're listening to us in Florida right now, or you've got friends and family, these are very Trump districts. Trump won Florida one by thirty seven, he won Florida six by thirty But a lot of the people that voted for Trump may not be coming out. They may not even be aware of these special election So this is I think just hey, pay attention, keep your head on a swivel here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it would be it would be a disastrous state of affairs for the Trump agenda if we were to lose control of the House. Even with the very narrow control that we have, it still is effectively there. So that's something that we need to keep an eye on. And it's interesting to see how Democrats are able to funnel I'm sure, Clay, if you looked at it's public information, right, I'm just guessing. But the of the almost ten million dollars the Democrat has raised in this district, remember a district that Trump won by thirty points. Okay, ten million dollars for a congressional seat that you are minus thirty in the last election, which was just a few months ago, just goes to show you Democrats they will funnel cash in. I bet a huge percentage of it is money out of the out of the district from you know, it's money that's coming in from New York and Los Angeles, and you know people are giving money to whatever they have to to try to sneak this congressional seat into the Democrat column. So you know, we sit here, we talk about the Democrats have no messaging, which is true. They do have a lot of money though they totally outspent Trump the last time around. They totally outspend Trump the first time around, and they will do things like this, which is something we have to be prepared for. So if you're listening, you know we're on in this area, in the sixth District of Florida. We have a huge Florida audience. Thank you very much, Floridians. Our Florida audience has grown by I think overall like twenty five or thirty percent in the last couple of years. So we have a lot of Floridians that are listening, and I know some of you in Daytona Beach area. Right, that's I think roughly roughly what this. So if you're listening to us in Daytona Beach area, you cannot let the Democrats take this one. Get out there. This is where also yard signs, I mean, the basic stuff. Right, This is going to be a small number overall of people who are determining this congressional seat. So if you're listening to us and you're in this district. Whatever you can makes a difference. This is not you know, oh, but do I really does the president need my vote? Randy Fine needs your vote? Get out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it is I think true if you look at the data that the die hard left wing, crazy town base of the Democrats does better at showing up on special elections than the average Republican voter does. They're super committed for these things that a lot of people don't pay attention to. That they do better at primary turnout, they do better in special elections. We do better as a party in mid terms when they're actually big midterms. In election now with presidential races, the turnout is very good. But don't get caught napping. And to your point, I mean, think about that nearly. I'm always bad at math live. But we're talking about twenty to one being outspent in that Florida sixth congressional district, so they think they can steal it. And by the way, also if you're up on the Panhandle, get out and vote as well. Again, I don't think we're pressing the alarm too soon, but if if they were super confident about their majority, at least Stephonic wouldn't be stepping down from the UN ambassador position.
Speaker 2: But I will make this I'll make this prediction right now so we can log this as a prediction at least dephonic in uh, the after this next cycle is gonna end up getting something even more exciting in the Trump administration than a US Ambassador to the UN role, which is which is high up there obviously, but I think she could be in line for something even a little more exciting because for her to obviously voluntarily say okay, okay, I'm not gonna take the that US Ambassador to the UN role. I'm gonna stay in Congress offense to Congress. But there's a lot of them, Uh, they're they're gonna they're making some kind of a sweetheart deal for her to to do what's right for the team. And I think she's willing to do that.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't want to speculate on who. I also think buck this tells that there may be some health issues in the larger Republican caucus because it only takes again, we've seen this happen. Look at what happened with Diane Feinstein at the end of her tenure as the Senator from California, what's happened with Mitch McConnell and his health, the falls that he's had. When you start getting people in their seventies and eighties, this is one of the dangers of having a gar intocracy when it comes to leadership. People age differently, as many of you know, but you can go from very healthy in your seventies to really in dire straits very quickly. And there are a lot of people in their seventies and eighties who are a part of our leadership. And so when you've got to margin this fine, this tiny, I think that everybody needs to make sure it makes certain that they make rational, good decisions and get out and vote in these races.
Speaker 2: So this also is a powerful reminder that while we sit here, and it has been there's been a little bit of political you area in the first sixty days of Trump's term because of the team he's assembled and the accomplishments they're racking up and the focus the messaging it's been this is fantastic stuff. Okay, they've they've been doing everything that we want them to do and then some. But remember from the beginning we said they really have twelve to eighteen months to save the country or to make meaningful, lasting change for the United States in very positive ways. This this midterm election is going to be It's going to be a dogfight.
Speaker 5: It just is.
Speaker 2: That's the reality of being the party in power. And it's not like we're going into it with fifteen or twenty seats of majority. So on the Senate side, I think it looks a lot better. But if Democrats were to take the House, oh my gosh, they you know, the hearings, they'll find something. They'll be having hearings on signal Gate, you know, and it's the whole thing. They're just going to go into. Anything to slow down and mess up Trump is justified and necessary. So it's it reminds us all that there is a finite window here to get very important stuff done to fix the country. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue because we keep the majority and Trump can keep doing great stuff. But you can't. You can't plan on that. You gotta plan on getting it done now, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be down in Florida with Buck in studio Tuesday Wednesday. On Monday, I'm gonna be helping to raise money for tunnel to Towers does incredible work. Some of you may remember I was their keynote, their host of their big fundraiser that they had up in New York City in October.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be at the Trump National.
Speaker 1: Course in the West Palm area, and I can't wait to be down there and help raise money for them, because since nine to eleven, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation has been supporting America's greatest heroes and their families, Heroes who protect our communities and our country. Heroes like firefighter James Dickman. He was passionate about fire safety aspire to do everything in his power to keep his community and fellow firefighters safe. While responding to an apartment fire, James and his crew tried to save people who were thought to be trapped inside and win the situation escalated, James wasn't able to escape. He perished in the blazing inferno. Cause of the fire, Arson James leaves behind his loving wife, Jamie and his children, Page and Grant. Tunnel to Towers gave the Dickman family the gift of a mortgage free home. Jamie's grateful to Tunnel the Towers and to caring friends like you for lifting the financial burden of a mortgage off her shoulders. Donate eleven dollars a month to tunnel the towers at T two t dot org. That's t the number two T dot org.
Speaker 4: Making America great again isn't just one man, It's many. The Team forty seven podcast Sunday's at noon Eastern in the Clay and Buck podcast feed. Find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your Podcastso.
Speaker 1: Welcome back in Clay Travis Buck Sexton Show.
Speaker 2: Appreciate all of you hanging out with us.
Speaker 1: We've been breaking down all of the absolute latest news out there from across the nation, and we head now up to I believe or he is, Washington, d C. Senator Ran Paul of Kentucky joins us. Now, Senator, we got a lot to dive into with you. Appreciate you joining us. Let me just start here right off the top. How is the budget and border bill process going? How does the timeline look to you? How would you assess it at this point?
Speaker 5: I'm worried. I'm very worried that they're wanting to add five trillion dollars to the debt ceiling. All the good news we've heard about Elon Musk, about cutting contracts and cutting born aide. All that has been so energizing to our base. To conservatives like me, we jump for joy, we cheer, and then they say, well, but the bill's going to increase the debt ceiling by five filing And we say, well, how is that possible. We thought we were cutting spending. Why would we increase it more than two trillion dollars a year for the next two and a half years. And there's not a good explanation. And so I've told them I won't vote for any bill that adds five trillion to the deficit. That's not physically conservative. Now, I'll vote for the tax cuts I voted for him in twenty seventeen. I'll vote to make the tax cuts permanent. I'll vote for spending cuts, but I didn't vote for the spending And I'm damn sure not voting for adding five trillion dollars to the national debt. I just think that's outrageous. And people are going to wake up. People who listen to your show, We're going to wake up in a couple of months from now and say, my gosh, I thought we voted for something conservative. I thought those was cutting all this spending, and yet they're still going to add two trillion to the death this year.
Speaker 2: Something's not right, you know, Senator Paul, appreciate you being with us. We've played for the audience some sound bites from years past when people like Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, and other very high profile Democrats talk about stopping fraud, waste, and abuse in government spending, reining in unnecessary spending. So we know that they've said stuff like that, But to where we are right now, it seems like everything that Doze tries to do in terms of recommendations to the president, and then everything that Trump tries to do to rein in that spending Democrats opposed. Are there any Democrats in the Senate who do want to cut spending? In all honesty, is there anyone who actually wants to see that number go down for anything other than the military?
Speaker 5: Zero? Not a No Democrat in the entire body of Congress will vote to cut even a dollar. So I had an amendment last week that would have cut about oh, sixteen billion out of four and eight. Four and eight is about forty billion. I would have cut sixteen billions. A little less than a half. And this was to represent what Doze was doing, what Elon Musk had proposed, what really Secretary Rubio has already said he's canceling these contracts. I would just put it into law. Zero Democrats voted for that, but even worse, about half the Republicans voted against me as well. I got a little over half of the Republicans with me, about half the Republicans against me. And the reason I put it forward was to show that even low hanging fruit, even two million dollars for sex changes in Guatemala, three hundred thousand dollars for food justice for queer and trans farmers, crazy stuff like that, you can't even get all of the Republicans on board, but you get zero Democrats. So we still have a problem. And I'm the lonely voice crying out on this because people are going to be disappointed, and they're going to be upset, and they're going to be saying, what happened? What happened to the Republicans When the end of the year rolls around and there's still a two trillion dollar deficit this year and the Republicans are anticipating another two trillion the next year that it just shows that there is not a true seriousness, even on the Republican side.
Speaker 1: How much of this is the embedded cost of COVID becoming standardized in budgets going forward, Because we had Senator Ron Johnson on and he's talked about this quite a lot, that if we just went back to budget spending twenty nineteen, that we would have a balanced budget right now. I know inflation has risen since then and that there are other costs that continue to grow, but it does seem that the growth of the federal government has now been embedded, which is what Democrats wanted in all future budget bills, with the idea being anything that doesn't continue to grow those rates is considered to be a massive cut.
Speaker 5: I think that's true. During pandemic, you know, the deficit went up to three and a half trillion in a year. The deficits have come down, so remember Biden was bragging he's bringing the deficit down. Yeah, well from three and a half trillion to two trillion. But a lot of that spending got embedded into government and still there. But realize that those pandemic programs, all the free money that was passed up, all the checks that were passed out. That was all the Democrats and most of the Republicans. That was a bipartisan screw up. If you will to lock the economy down, just print up money. I opposed every bit of it, every bit of the Cares program the PPP. I said, you shouldn't lock us down, we shouldn't do this, and we did. And that's part of it. But part of it is this disconnect that people will say, oh, they love you on us, they love the cuts, and they're not for you know, transgender surgery in Guatemala, and they're not for all these crazy trans operas in Columbia. But when push comes to shove, they're at least ten or fifteen Republicans of the Senate who loved Flournde. They think it's the best thing since slice bread. I think it's one of the worst and most egregious of all the spending we have in Congress. And yet if they won't cut that, you then say, well, will you cut any of the entitlements? Will you look at Medicare or Medicaid or cert security or food stamps or welfare. Oh no, they're not looking at that either. And you start to wonder all these Republicans really conservative at this point. And mind you, there are zero Democrats. I admit that there are zero Democrats. But we're trying to pass something this spring that will be only Republican votes. And yet we can't get Republican votes even to have the states pay more of their fair share. So Medicaid normally it's fifty to fifty. States pay fifty, federal government pay fifty. But when they expanded Obamacare, they expanded Medicaid and they made it ninety percent federal government paid for and ten percent states. If we just went back to fifty to fifty, says that had half a trillion dollars for the federal government, and it makes it a more conservative program because the states traditionally have to balance the budgets. They don't have a federal reserve. And yet we've got five or ten Republicans in the Senate that won't consider any changes to having the states paid more of their fair share for Medicaid.
Speaker 2: We're speaking of Senator Ran Paula, Kentucky Senator. Is there anything that the Trump administration you think could do or you'd like you'd like to see them do, whether it's leading the charge to try to get something through involving the Congress or just in an executive capacity using executive orders to try to tackle some of these problems. Because on the one hand, it's great that we have an administration that's trying, and you know you're trying. But on the other hand, if this doesn't work with Trump and Elon people like you and the Senate, what hope is there for it to get better in the future.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I don't blame the administration at all. This is the best administration we've had in a lifetime. He's picked the best cabinet. They are action players. They're not waiting around. I was with Barba Kennedy for breakfast this morning. He says he's counting ten to twenty thousand workers over there. They're consolidating programs. They are doing what you would do as a CEO to clean house. So I don't blame the executive branch at all. The one thing they could do, though, is as they're finding safe Does says they've saved one hundred and forty semi billion dollars. They should send that money back to Congress. It's called recision. It has a special name, but it can be voted on by a simple majority, and some of them say, well, we're worried that four or five of the big government Republicans in the Senate won't vote for it. That's when President Trump should use his political capital. He should come to Capitol Hill and say I'm sending you fifty billions in cuts every month, I'm gonna send you another fifty billion in cuts, and I need you as Republicans to pull together on it. Instead, the pressure is coming to me to say, why won't you vote for a spending bill that attaches five speeding and new borrowing. And it's like, really, it seems like we're at odd purposes here that on the one hand you have Elon Musk and Doe's cutting. On the other hand, they're pressuring conservatives like me to vote for five trillion in borrowing. Something doesn't sit here.
Speaker 1: You see the New York Times over the weekend and ten days ago or so, a five year anniversary of COVID. I know you haven't forgotten about it, said that we were misled by where COVID might have come from, and in some of our.
Speaker 5: Responders, we were misled by the New York Times.
Speaker 1: That's right, I want to give you an opportunity to tee off on that because you were one of the first people to test positive for COVID and the way that you were treated, the way your family was treated, frankly, was unacceptable. And now five years later, I do find it very interesting that the New York Times, like you said, comes out and says, oh, you know, we were misled. It's like the arson is saying, boy, somebody's really lighting fires around here.
Speaker 5: Well, the next step, you know it, a sort of coming clean, would be to say, not only were misled, but we were misled by our government and by media establishment figures who paired it. Every move and word of Anthony Fauci. He was wrong virtually on everything. Six foot of distance, he's now admitted doesn't work, but actually was bad advice. It was probably bad advice if you were older and overweight, or of any kind of sickly nature, to be thirty feet from somebody in a closed room during the height of the pandemic, you probably should have been told to stay home. But six feet of distance, you didn't need that for kids at all. You can put them all together, because guess what, kids got it very readily, but they got over it very readily. So the idea that kids were a danger and somehow shouldn't be in school or should be six feet apart, and we should build these monstrous thousand acre schools so the kids could all be six feet apart. No science behind it, and it led to bad behavior in the form of adults who were at risk, and then inappropriate separation and school closure. On the other end, the masks they tell people were in a cloth mask was a good idea, so elderly people went in to feed their elderly spouse with a cloth mask on. Guess what, that's bad medical advice. That's how you catch COVID. The cloths don't work at all. But they went years telling people inappropriate, unhealthy behavior. And then the one thing they really failed on was once you got COVID, they should have reassured you that you didn't need a mask and you didn't have to worry about catching it again, and that the chances of you dying were basically zero. After you've got it and recovered, the chance of getting it again and dying are virtually zero. And there were a lot of good, hardworking people, people working in meat packing factories where they all got COVID early on. Instead of bundling them up in all this hot clothing, we should have been saying. The good news is when you come back from work, when you're peeled up in a week or two, guess what, You're not going to get it again and you don't have to wear all this BS protective gear.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that can be done or you think will be done? You said you just had breakfast this morning with RFK Junior. He was running HHS. I worry doc that, well you are doc as well as a senator, so but I worry that the doctors out there and the medical establishment has not been forced to finally admit that they were wrong. And as a matter of government administrative policy, have these things changed. I mean it should now be to me, at least AHHS that have officially Hey guys, we looked at all the data mass don't work. This is on the AHHS website just so you know, is that coming.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a good point, and I'm going to keep fighting that battle as well. But the other way to correct it is is like all the soldiers that were fired, they are giving them, you know, the Trump administration's position now, and I think it was done by executive orders to let them get their jobs back. We should do that to the doctors and nurses that were fired as well. So think about it, the doctors and nurses. If you were a doctor working in February March of twenty twenty, it was a pre potent disease then, and there were doctors who died. If you risked your life to help people, you got COVID, you survived, and you came back to work, and then they said, oh, you're fired because you don't have a vaccine. And you're like, well, wait a minute, I got the disease. Why would I need to get vaccine and have already got the disease, and you use common sense on them, they fired you. Those people ought to be reinstated. There's still thousands of doctors and nurses now in some states. We tried to fix some of this. In Florida, they passed a law that said you cannot take a doctor's license for speech. Now, that would seem to be pretty obvious, but many states, including California, were saying if if you were to say things that I said often that children don't need to be vaccinated for COVID, they would say, oh, you can't say that, and they would try to take my license away. Nobody did, but in California they did to other doctors who were saying similar things. There's a lot of things that need to be corrected. I think we've learned some lessons, but I fear one we're still paying for research that could turn into this nightmare again gain a function. Research still happening in the US and outside the US funded by tax players. I'm still working on getting that stopped. But also we need to make sure that the essence of medical freedom exists in our country and that people are allowed to make choices for themselves and not be bullied.
Speaker 2: Senator Paul always appreciate you making the time for us. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Look, we were just talking about the debt. I mean, Trump's doing everything that he can. Senator Paul just said, doing everything he can to get this thing under control, start turning things back in the direction of fiscal sanity. But it's gonna take time. It's not gonna be solved overnight, and there's gonna be some rough seas ahead, if you know what I mean, now's a good time for you to take action with gold. Look if you have an old ira or four to one k for example, you can have that turned into a four toh one k Ira in gold with a Birch Gold group, and that's one of the things that they do. But they can also get you gold in hand at home. I just got my gold delivery recently. It's discreete easy shows up and you can keep that and know that you are building your own reserves of precious metals to prepare for the uncertain future with our currency and with the debt. Birch Gold specially and helping you convert that existing Ira or four one k into a tax sheltered Ira in physical gold for no money out of pocket. Get your free infoKit on gold by texting my name Buck to the number ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. There's no obligation, just useful information A plus rating from the Better Business Bureau, a plus rating from me. Connect with Birch Gold text Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight and let the experts at Birch Gold help you secure your future today with gold.
Speaker 4: News and politics, but also a little comic relief. Clay Travis at Buck Sexton find them on the free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Walk back in Clay Travis buck Sexton Show. Appreciate all of you hanging out with us. We had some by the way, a lot of you want to weigh in, you can always weigh in on the talkback. We'll play some of those. Will also take some of your calls eight hundred and two A two two eight A two with the things that we were already talking about. But Buck, I wanted to come back because we talked about the Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, being insulted with the governor hot Wheels line, and we said, hey.
Speaker 2: I loved your idea.
Speaker 1: Put some like flames on the wheels like I said, wear a governor hot Wheels T shirt. I don't like personally the idea, and I think you're in my camp here to Buck, when people say mean things to you, I think pretending to be offended by people saying mean things is actually a weak look. I think I don't think it looks good for Republicans to be like, oh, so and so said something mean about me, and this is like, that's what democrats do. And I don't think we should play into that game. Right The word policing the on my feelings are hurt. I think mockery and ridicule and humor is the way to handle things like this.
Speaker 2: Yes, and sometimes even mockery can be quite helpful. Like when one of you told me that I was starting to look like Missus Doubtfire and wasn't handsome anymore. I decided it was time to lose some weight.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a that's a tough hit, Missus Doubtfire. I mean, oh hello, yeah wow.
Speaker 2: Well now see, there you go.
Speaker 1: Sometimes mockery and ridicule can can lead to good results.
Speaker 2: And honestly, now now, thanks to that mean person, I'll be grading parmesan on my abs before long. So there we go. So there you go.
Speaker 1: You insult Buck and now you've got him back in shape. And sometimes that is the motivation, right like, sometimes people saying mean things to you can lead to a better result. This is uh, this is part of why you know tough love in athletic teams sometimes leads to better Cluly does.
Speaker 2: Not apply to people with lifelong disabilities, though, So yes, you should not be making jokes about about Governor Greg Abbotts.
Speaker 1: So but Greg Abbott has the opportunity to really kind of lean in this into this in a funny way. And you know what, Jasmine Crockett could have come out and said, Hey, I'm gonna say It's what I would have said. Hey, I'm gonna say sometimes jokes you may not like. Uh, that's life. If you don't like it, don't have to vote for me. But I my constituents are probably still going to keep voting for me, and they understand that I'm not going to be perfect, but my goal is to fight for them. Like, there's easy ways to handle this. Again, I can just off the cuff give what the answer should be. Trump certainly has levied his fair share of insults over the years, and so I think when Republicans like try to be offended by things that people say, I.
Speaker 2: Just personally think it's a poor look.
Speaker 1: Okay, With that in mind, Jasmincrockett tried to say, she didn't say, Hey, I'm gonna make jokes. Sometimes they're going to land inappropriately. That's life, deal with it. We're all adults. Kind of what I would say. She said, Oh, I wasn't referring to the governor being in a wheelchair when I called him governor hot wheels. But she has been calling him governor hot wheels for some time now. People went back, She's done it on Facebook posts, She's done it on all sorts of different places. She tried to say, oh, this is about the deportation policies. She's been doing this for years. She's making fun of him. But because he's in a wheelchair and calling him governor hot wheels, here she is and yet another conversation.
Speaker 2: I think this a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Listen, so the governor called a special session to get his moter suppression bills through and we have to say, yes.
Speaker 2: Hot wheels.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry that is that she is mocking him because he's in a wheelchair. Now trying to argue and say, oh, I'm like, this is just a reference to the fact that buses have wheels and we're putting people on buses and saying, no, you've been doing this for years. You've been making fun of the governor because he's in a wheelchair. And maybe this is a term that is used in democrats circles beyond Jasmine Crockett. Maybe it's something that's talked about privately, not usually said publicly. But I do think it's important to call people out, not necessarily for what they say, although that's important, but when you blatantly lie about what you said and try to gaslight it and convince us that what you said wasn't what you actually said, it actually is worse. Like I think you said this yesterday. Doubling down and trying to make up an excuse on this, to me is worse than just being like, hey, it's a joke name I have for him. I don't like his policies, and you cannot like it. I mean, I can easily come up with a reason why she could, why she could explain this.
Speaker 2: This goes along with a much broader trend in the Democrat Party, which is it's one thing when they lie to us. It's another thing when they lie to people that they're trying to fool, but when they lie to their own side, like to their base.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So there's line to Republicans, that's of course what they do every day. There's lying to swing voters that's called every election cycle for Democrats for all of my lifetime. And then there's lying to like the MSNBC watchers, right, Biden doesn't have dementia, for example, Yes, they made them look foolish. They made their own people look like they're easy to mislead and and that their buffoons basically that they will not forgive so easily when you say something like this and it's so easily provable that you are lying, it's it insults the intelligence of your own audience. It's basically what I'm what I'm getting at. It insults the intelligence of the people that you're supposed to be on the team with. And so that's why this is not This is not a win for Congresswoman Crockett other than her name is getting out there a whole lot, and her name unfortunately conflicts with America's greatest coffee company, which you're gonna have to keep on trying to just deal with, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate that the Crockett in Texas would end up being a crazy woman as opposed to a badass sort of legacy.
Speaker 2: Uh imagine if she was really like I imagine, if she was like a great you know, patriot, a conservative, a constitutionalist, and was like a rising star in the Republican Party, We'd be sending your Crockett sweatshirts. It'd be fantastic, totally true Unfortunately, that's not where we are. I do hope.
Speaker 1: Let me just implore upon this, because I know there are a lot of congressman senators. They're staffed White House people who listen. Please don't fall into the trap of trying to be offended by things that people say. And I would encourage all of you out there listening to us too, please do not fall into this circular firing squad. I think we're and I think you would agree with me on this, Buck, I think we're moving out of the era of somebody sent a tweet or a Facebook post or an Instagram post or whatever it is, and they can never be employed ever again, because, oh my goodness, can you believe what that one post said? Whether you work at Low's department stores, or whether you work at McDonald's, or whether you work in a congressional office, or you're doing something like what Buck and I do, the idea of, hey, somebody screwed something up and therefore they should never be able to be employed again because they have an opinion that's considered to be unacceptable. I just I fundamentally reject that on all levels. So I don't want in this era for Republicans to start to adopt the Democrat policies of oh, somebody said something mean, mock ridicule, satirize, use humor to point out how absurd they are and what they said. But please do not try and play the victim card. I'm so sick of the victim card, and I'm afraid because I see it a little bit. I see it a little bit now kind of starting to pop up as Republicans have more cultural ascendancy, where you're saying, oh, somebody said something mean about me, and they should not be able to have a job anymore. I don't want us to go down that path. Does that make sense, Like, I'm afraid when you have a little bit more cultural powers, don't start trying to play it. I've seen it start to happen just occasionally on social media with somebody says something and it's like anyway, it's it's it's easy to get that sugar high of hey, somebody said something mean about me, and like I'm a victim. Resist it, attack it, have fun with it, attack the idea, but don't I don't want cancel culture to emerge on the Republican side of the equation.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense, Yeah, Yeah, well I don't think it will because I think that cancel culture is inherently a you know, for for guys, it's very very beta male activity. It's very uh, it's very as I said before, very low tee very what are you doing with yourself here? You know it, don't be don't be such a little girl. So yeah, I think that there's less likelihood that our our team is going to start going down the cancel culture path. And it's been a it's been a wild ride. I will say that because in media there has been there was a period of time where they were going after people like me, oh like Clay in a big what rush went through.
Speaker 1: I mean, they they basically tried to pull every advertiser off this show, you know, six seven years ago, as many of you listening know. But there were they were they were smart in the way that they went after advertisers, and they found out that a lot of advertisers are very cowardly. And if they even have this astro turf fake campaign.
Speaker 2: It was over a decade ago, is what you're talking about, just seeing it was a long Yeah, it was a long time ago, but but it is emblematic that's really kind of when they started to hit their stride, and it picked up for years and years and years, and they really managed to do a good job of trying to terrify advertisers and make them think that these kind of responses were real. Look, there there were a number of people on our side of the political isle who were big, big names, big voices, and they did not bend the knee, and we should always rush obviously. It was you know, they wanted to take Rush down for so many years, and the fact that he just kept on showing up and being the voice and the leader that he was in this country and that they couldn't stop him was so important, right he was. He was like the bulldozer running through all the barbed wire of the communists. I mean, he just would not and they tried everything they could. But there were there were others also they tried to cancel. I remember they went after Remember they went after Tucker early on when he was at Fox and No. But early on when he was at Fox and A big he had gone on some different radio shows. I never found the.
Speaker 1: Jokes that he had made years ago, and they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was on kind of a kind of a body radio show. If I may say so, it's a bit body and you know, a little a little bit on the salty side. And he went on and instead of you know, going on his show on Fox, and this was early and they were so they were hoping to just tear him down so quickly he was like, yeah, I see some people found that I said some naughty words a long time ago. Good luck with that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Just totally was like, not, how happening. And because he took that position, I actually remember I was texting with him when he did that, and I was like, I know that that's who you are, and so you didn't do it for this reason, but you actually just did all the rest of us a favor because by you refusing to bend the knee, it means that the rest of us coming up in the ranks behind you can also do the same.
Speaker 1: I one hundred percent agree with that, And I would just point out that I think it actually ties in a bit with the signal controversy that came out this week. I think Trump has decided I am not going to give an inch to any of my critics and ever fire anybody by and large because they're coming completely without good faith. And they believe that if they can get one scalp that they It's not like they're ever going to be satisfied. Right, Let's say that Trump suddenly said, hey, this is unacceptable, I'm firing X. It's not like they're going to say, well, we'll go easy on Trump when why happens because he did X. Right, they don't have a good obligation. They're not trying to solve things here. So I've been doing this now. This is pretty astonishing when I say this out loud.
Speaker 2: I've been doing this now for fifty This will be fifteen years, which is which is great, especially for those of you who think I look like I'm still in college. I've been doing this for fifteen years. And at the beginning, Clay, I remember there was the there was the in this cancel culture world. It was the apology tour thing, yeah right, which I actually think in some ways is the worst. We have to go like I am so sorry that I used the word or that I said the thing, and you go on like these kind of small sea daytime talk shows. They're just like, oh, are you really like a changed person? Learned? For an actress, I've learned like and then you make the you make the requisite. You know, I've become a better person. And also I'm making a donation to some foundation that you know is is all about whatever the issue, whoever you offended, you made the donation. But then it changed, and it really changed. I say me, like by the end of Obama term one in my mind at least, and it started to turn into you have to apologize. You just said that. And then it was well, now we're going to take your career like now you have even when you apologize, we take your head. You're fired, you're done, you know. And now we've finally broken out of that where it's no, don't bend the knee. If you bend the knee, they take your head. So it's been a it's been a wild ride, like I said, but I think.
Speaker 1: We're starting to win, and we're starting to win every day in big ways. And we want you to get a little smarter. In the meantime, I want to get a little smarter, trying to read as much as I can, try to be as formed as I possibly can, try to learn as often as I can. And that's what Hillsdale College is trying to do. From the Civil War. You guys know that I am a Civil War history nerd. How about how did the American free market economy get started? What happened in World War One? World War Two? What about the constitution itself? What is the foundational elements of the constitution you should know about? From his historical perspective. Professors at Hillsdale College will read the lead These online courses with television production value that will teach you an awful lot. But maybe your grandkids might like this, but certainly you and your free time. No schedule, no having to wake up for a particular class, no grades, just learning for learning's sake. There are nearly forty of these. You can find something that you will love. Trust me, go check out the library. Clayanbuckfour Hillsdale dot com. No cost, easy to get started. That's Clayanbuck fo r Hillsdale dot com. To register one more time, Clayanbuck for Hillsdale dot Com.
Speaker 4: Sometimes all you can do is laugh, and they do a lot of it with the Sunday Hang Join Clay and Buck as they laugh it up in the Clay and Buck podcast feed on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.