Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to wok F Daily with Meet your Girl Daniel Moody recording from the Home Bunker. Folks, Happy fuck It Friday. We have made it to the end of the week. We have made it to what I hope for all of you is a long holiday weekend where you are doing something in the sunshine, doing something outdoors, and doing something that brings you joy. Because, dear God, this fucking week. And yes I say that every week, but dear fucking God, so let's just get right to it on this good, good, good fuck it Friday. And again, for my patrons, thank you so much for your support. Tell me who you are saying fucke to, whether you're dming me putting it below in the comments section, and for all of my other followers, dm me tweet me because I'm still there and that's cesspool of a place, or hit me up on Instagram and let me know who you are saying fuck it to this week.
Speaker 2: My list is long, but it is.
Speaker 1: Probably going to revolve around the same theme of anti LGBTQ policy, sentiments actions that are taking place as we get ready to lead into Pride Month. And for those of you who are new to wok F. Pride is a big deal on WOKF where we try and talk to influencers, academics, organizers, activists, personalities, etc. In the LGBTQ plus community to bring you up to speed with what is at stake, what is happening, and also how we can remain joyful during this time. So that will be coming up the whole month of June, and I'm super excited about it. But before we get there, let's get to fucking Friday. So first up on my list, God damn it, fucking Target. You know, you, like Disney, have been most adults happiest place on Earth, and you just couldn't muster the fucking strength that Mickey Mouse has been able to muster against Ronda Santis and instead you have caved. You have fallen like a fucking deck of cards. So let me bring you all up to speed as to where we are with Target. So once again, fucking right wing bullshit Christians, white evangelical Christians have decided that they can't avert their eyes. God forbid, God forbid, these people live inside of a world where not just them exist. God forbid. You walk into a fucking store or a library or a fucking bookstore and see something that makes you uncomfortable and just look the other way. God fucking forbid. So, for those of you who have ever shopped at Target during the month of June, you know that Target had created a bunch of apparel around Pride. I mean the whole store basically look like Rainbow Bright threw up in there, right, that's the extent to which they had rainbowed out their Pride collection during the month of June. Well, as it turns out, you know, rainbows apparently are offensive. So is saying the word pride is offensive. So is existing inside of a gay body or queer body or a trans body is just offensive. To these fucking people that can't just manage to avert their fucking eyes, right, that can't just manage to go about their fucking day, They got to control everyone and everything around them. And so they've decided not to just go into targets and throw around pride gear and knock over displays, but they've decided to also call in with threats of violence against those store employees because of these Pride displays during the month of June. Now you would think to yourself, so haven't We always been taught that you don't negotiate with terrorists, that once you show them any sign of weakness, that they're gonna take that and fucking run with it. Yeah, you have, which is why you have seen the opposite happen down in Florida with Disney and Ronda Santis's attacks on Disney. Right, you've seen them now lob lawsuits against Ronda Santis for his attacks on private industry. So I wish, I wish all people, all corporations, could show up in the way that Disney has been showing up every single day to battle that small, narrow, disc despicable human being known as Ronda Santis. But instead Target has decided that for the safety, as they say, the quote unquote safety of their employees, they're not going to add more security. They're not going to quote unquote stand their ground and their allyship for the LGBTQ community. No, instead, they're going to remove their pride apparel displays as a way to show extremists and the right wing that they too can be bullied and pushed around and that they will cave. Folks, When I tell you what you can hear in my voice the rage that bubbled up inside of me as I was reading this story, as I was recognizing that.
Speaker 2: The right is winning. Right.
Speaker 1: And you may say, Danielle, like, how could you not have realized that the right is winning? No, Because you know, when I'm looking at what is happening in Florida and what's happening in Texas and Tennessee and Alabama and Mississippi and all of the in South Carolina and North Carolina and all of these places, I'm like, Okay, they're going to keep pushing these constituents to the point where they're going to get voted out, because I do believe that what we are seeing right now, the reason why you are seeing this kind of egregious, cruel legislative session that is happening across this country at the state and local levels, is because that's how close to actual progress we are. That's how close to inclusive, multiracial democracy and democratic values we are. You see, when they see people, queer people, black people, people of color standing in their fullness and standing in their power and daring to take up space, they lose their fucking mind.
Speaker 2: Right, you have.
Speaker 1: Children that are being shot dead in their classrooms, but they think that it's more important to legislate against drag shows. You see that we are losing right our global standing in the world, But they think that it's more important to make sure that trans kids want to commit suicide on a regular basis because you're creating such a hostile and hateful environment for them to exist in. Right, and so, of course these things are happening, But at the same time, I also see a lot of pushback. I also see a lot of people in Wisconsin and Kansas and other places saying, yeah, absolutely not on our watch.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I am seeing people be voted into office and people using their bully pulpit in order to take on these right wing people. But when I see major corporations like Target and mind you, let's just be very clear. Target has always been doing undercovered dirt, right, because what Target loves to do is take people's money by day and then give money to Republican packs at night. So this we're not new, right to what Target has always done what a lot of these corporations have done, which is that they are totally fine right to use capitalism as a way to increase their shareholders' pockets, right, and their CEO's pockets and to line those folks in wealth. But they then turn around and they give the money that you give to them, thinking that they are actually a socially conscious company, they turn around and they give it to those Republican packs. Right, so let's not get it twisted. But when you decide to publicly cower and disregard the safety and well being of an entire community, and you use that quote unquote safety is the reason for you cowering to tech errorists, get the fuck out of here and miss me with your bullshit. I believe that it was in twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, Target brought in about a one hundred and nine billion dollars in revenue. One hundred and nine billion dollars. You're telling me you can't hire a few security guards. You can't add some cameras, right, you can't coordinate with local law enforcement to make sure that they are on standing, on the ready so that when these motherfuckers do come in and they try and harm your employees, that they are readily picked up and hauled off to fucking jail. You're telling me you can't figure that the fuck out, that instead you would rather cower and then want to go and then call the heads of LGBTQ organizations to try and say to them, oh, oh oh, you know, we're still with you. But it's really about the safety. Let me tell you something for those of you who are not a part of the queer community, and I just want you to think for a minute about young people, about young queer kids, right that find no community, that have no safety. Right, not in their schools anymore. Right, not in their clubs anymore, not on their sports teams anymore, when you're living in these red states. So to be able to walk into a store, right and see somebody, see a T shirt, see a rainbow display that says love is love, right, that says pride is joy, that could save a kid's life, that could save a queer kid's life.
Speaker 2: Right to be.
Speaker 1: Able to know that maybe in their small towns and in these small minded people's heads, that they may not be accepted, but that the world at large actually sees them. But that's not what Target did. Target decided not to go the route of Disney. Target decided to go the way of letting us know exactly who the fuck they are. And this is why I say, folks, you know it is really important for us to recognize our power as consumers, write our power as people and say, you know what, then fuck you Target. You know, I'd rather get my stuff someplace else. I rather shop someplace else. Because if you can't be bold enough, right, if a young queer kid can be in bolder in fucking Florida right now, then you can. There's a fucking problem and they need to be called out.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: I know that shame doesn't work because you cannot shame the devil. But I'm telling you that you can absolutely show people where your values are by where you put your money. And so I'm calling on folks, you know what, call in to the headquarters at Target right, call in and say that this is shameful, Say that it is an embarrassment that you thought that Target was better than this, because they're not. But once they start to be trending on social media for all the wrong reasons, once people start in organizations right like Family Equality and HRC and Equality Florida and other organizations that are coming together in a letter to say to the people at Target, yeah, we're not about this life right, like, this is actually not fucking okay. I want to read for you all a part of this collective letter that came out calling on Target from Family Equality, Glad Glisten, the Human Rights Campaign, the National Center for Lesbian Rights, the National LGBTQ Task Force, and the National Black Justice Coalition. And here's in part what it says.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Recent pushback against businesses such as Anaheuser, Bush and Target, blatantly organized by extremist groups serves as a wake up call for all business that support the LGBTQ plus community. We've seen these extremist playbook of attacks before. Their goal is clear to prevent lgbtq plus inclusion and representation, silence our allies, and make our community invisible. These attacks fuel hate against the LGBTQ plus people, just as we've seen this year with more than five hundred anti LGBTQ plus bills that restrict basic freedoms and aim to erase LGBTQ plus people. Extremist attacks and harassment of businesses for standing in solidarity with lgbtq plus community and values of diversity, equity, and inclusion have challenged Target and businesses more broadly to lead to demonstrate they mean what they say when investing and standing with the LGBTQ plus people, creatives and organizations. And let me say this, let me say this real quick too, and there is no amount of fucking rainbow washing, right, which means when these corporations that they don't actually want to do the right thing and stand for the right thing, and so they'll just throw money at the problem. They'll say, Okay, well we're gonna take away the apparel line and we're gonna take down our pride celebration. But oh here, HRC will break you off a little piece of money. Here, Glisten will break you off a little piece of money. No amount of fucking rainbow washing is gonna wash away the stench that target has created with their cowardice.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's the fucking truth. And that's what all of these organizations need to let these folks know that there is no amount of rainbow washing. There's no amount of checks that you're gonna send out that is gonna wash away the stench of this cowardice and your inability to lead in moments of crisis, because that's what the fuck we're in right now. You have an opportunity to actually stand with the people, stand with equity and inclusion and not just take the LGBTQ community's money by day and then fucking vote against and fill the coffers of the people that will vote against their rights at night. You don't get to do that, not anymore so for me today, Target is my major major, like fuck it for this week. Moving on, dear friends, because there is just so much to get to. Let's go to Twitter, shall we to where Ron death Santists, death Sciantists, dis Satan meetball. Ron Rob, as Donald Trump likes to refer to him, has announced his run for the presidency. Let me tell you something about Ron DeSantis. This motherfucker is so lackluster. He makes paint drying, brick walls and staring into just space seem exciting. Ron DeSantis is the epitome of lack of charisma. And you know, I don't want people to get it twisted and think like, oh, well, he's a joke because all of his he's had a failure to launch and show prove that. This week with his ineffectual Twitter bomb where he gets one of the most powerful and wealthy men in the world to stand on an audio stage with him that is silent for several minutes, has major technical difficulties and pulls in about six hundred thousand listeners, and folks are like, oh my god, they broke the Internet.
Speaker 2: No, bitch, you didn't break the Internet.
Speaker 1: Maybe you just fired too many people that actually worked at Twitter and knew how to make things work Elon Musk and so you couldn't manage that. But what I think is happening over in Ron DeSantis's camp is that they are really not reading the room, that they really believe that the curated bubble that Ron DeSantis lives in makes him feel as if he has a chance in hell nationally and makes it feel as if the rest of the country wants to look like Florida. It does not news fucking flash. Okay, that's not to say that Ron DeSantis as a whole is not a dangerous person that we all need to be paying attention to, because unfortunately we do, because he's legislating hate at a rate that I don't think that we have seen since Hitler. I don't think that we have seen this kind of just blatant transphobia, homophobia, anti blackness, probably since the McCarthy era. Right, Like, that's who Ron DeSantis is, and he's much smarter in terms of political savvy and knowing legislative rules than Donald Trump ever was. But what he knows in that area, he lacks in everything else, you know, like being able to laugh like a normal human being or be able to hold a conversation without saying the woke ten million times, Like he has some type of fucking tick. So his launch, and I use that with quotation marks, was a flop, like I'm assuming his entire campaign will be. But I don't want us to count him out because it's really fucking early. But I got to tell you, when I'm looking at the field the Republican slate, I'm just like, whoa, you guys got not a not a fucking star, not anybody with any energy, not anybody that doesn't have Donald Trump's policies. So I don't know how they plan on taking him on, or maybe they're all just auditioning. Maybe this is just the extension of the Apprentice, right, and they all are just auditioning to be a part of his next administration. And that is if he doesn't land in jail before then. I mean, I'm not gonna hold my breath because I don't want to pass out. But the reality is is that the Republicans are not putting up their best. Ron de Santis is not their best. Nikki Haley is not their best. Vi Veck Ramaswami not their best. Tim Scott the faceless black man. And I say that because that is literally his I guess his campaign logo is literally a faceless black man. Go check it out Google.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: No eyes, no nose, no mouth, right, because that's what the Republican Party thinks about black people in general. Right, just faceless, right, don't really matter. So none of these people are gonna hold a candle to Donald Trump. And I just, I mean, I almost can't wait for the Republican Prime for the stage because my god, it is just gonna be open season by Donald Trump. It's gonna be like playing and I'm gonna date myself fucking duck Hunt on Nintendo. Like just line him up, shoot him down. That's what it's gonna look like. I mean, did you see the video that Donald Trump put out after Ron DeSantis has failed launch? It was a blood death right, And so you know, were to the wise for Ron DeSantis's campaign. The biggest person on your candidate stage should be the candidate no one else should be up there outshining him, right, which you know is pretty impossible because a light bulb could outshine him literally and figuratively.
Speaker 2: But what a fucking does it?
Speaker 1: I mean, the one time that I will honestly agree with Donald Trump, what a fucking disaster like?
Speaker 2: Really? And then lastly, just to leave us on a.
Speaker 1: Lighter note, you know, on this fuck at Friday, to leave us on a lighter note. Did y'all see the video of the entire Democratic Party left and at Marjorie Taylor Green. So here's the thing. Marjorie Taylor Green was serving in the speaker's chair for a vote and had the audacity to bang the gavel and call on Democrats to have decorum. Bitch, please, You first of all, don't know how to spell decorum, let alone what the definition is. And you are the last motherfucker that should be telling anybody to have decorum. When you screamed at the President of the United States during the State of the Union, when you screamed and followed around a teenager on Capitol Hill, David Hogg, who had already been traumatized by a school shooting, when you I've had restraining orders put against you by your colleagues because of your wayward and fucking erratic stalking behavior on Capitol Hill. Give me a fucking break about decorum. Miss me with it. But folks, if you have not seen that video of just the collective laughter that was let out by Democrats on the floor when she called for decorum, my god, it is a thing of beauty. It is fucking hilarious because it's like that moment when you're just you know, when you have one of those bad dreams and it was set on the New Abnormal, when you have one of those bad dreams and you're like, oh my god, everybody is looking and pointing and laughing at me. Like that was her real life. That was absolutely her real life. So yeah, Marjorie Taylor Green, shut up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I will say, if you want to see another really good video from this week on the positive side, check out and Google. Representative Jasmine Crockett, who represents the thirtieth Congressional District of Texas, that took one of her Republican colleagues to task in like forty seconds.
Speaker 2: The clip has.
Speaker 1: Gone viral where during a oversight committee hearing, her Republican freshman colleague wanted to talk about rampant sexual abuse in Washington, DC, and Jasmine Crockett then turned around and just read her for filth, read the whole entire party for filth and said, maybe instead of worrying about the crime that is happening in Washington, DC, you may want to clean up the crime that is happening in this fucking house with our colleague that has been indicted on thirteen felony counts. Maybe start with that and miss me with your bullshit.
Speaker 2: That is it for me.
Speaker 1: Today, friends, on this fucket Friday.
Speaker 2: As always, please.
Speaker 1: Do hit me up in the tweets, in the tiktoks on Instagram, and if you're a Patreon in the comments or DM me and let me know who you are saying fuck it to. On this fuck it Friday, I wish you guys a RESTful, restorative, sun filled.
Speaker 2: Weekend as we kick off summer.
Speaker 1: Do take a break so that you do not have a breakdown, and I will see you back here on Monday. As always, dear friends, Power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.