Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys.
Speaker 2: Online at advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 3: Tyler is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a girl named Jessa who he went on a day with. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if chat tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first let's find out what happened on the date. Tyler, what's up man? How long has it been since you heard from Jessa?
Speaker 4: I mean it's been about a week and have not heard anything from her at all?
Speaker 2: Have you tried? How many times have you reached out to her?
Speaker 4: Not too much? You don't want to be like aggressively late.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I agree. I just was checking to see where you did.
Speaker 4: A double text is all I did, you know? Okay, texted the night after and then I text a couple of days later. That's really all I've done, Okay. I don't want to don't know, push her. It was fun. We had a great time, went out to dinner at and then ended up going to a second location, which is always a good you know, good sign you go to a second location that's a drinks. I went really well. We just went a lot of great conversation. I was, you know, I paid for everything. I wanted to make sure she never had enough worry about it. But I also made clear there was no obligations. I was just there enjoying my time with her because we really got along well and I was just really happy with the whole day. Like she was fantastic.
Speaker 2: So what do you think happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Why do you think she's ghosting you?
Speaker 4: I don't I honestly, I honestly don't know. The conversation never lagged. It never she never felt like it never seemed to me like there's any issue I was. I was a little sweaty, I dressed up and went out somewhere nice. Maybe I don't know. If I don't feel like I hope it wasn't that that seems kind of weird. I did pay for everything. It was expensive, so it was like super pricey, So maybe that was too much. I am worried that I put on like too much of an effort, but I really liked her, and I don't have a lot of free time, so like I wanted to make the effort because she seemed worth it.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really not sure. I like, I know this sometimes if you put too much money into it the first day, like, it can turn somebody off. And so I am a little worried that that might be it. But it's so hard to tell because I really and then the night, you know, it went really well. Like I said, we had some drinks and then afterwards we just walked around a little bit and then she was waiting for Uber and they was really nice out and she looked really beautiful, and I asked her if I could give her a kiss, and she said yes. So it was just a very nice, you know, nice kiss, very you know, nothing like aggressive. And then she in her car and I text her and you know, and said I had a great time, and then have heard four since.
Speaker 2: So did you guys kiss on the lips?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was just a little one though, Like what do you call a church kiss? Like a church weddy kiss?
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 4: I was trying to be very respectful and you know, and I.
Speaker 3: Know it's a little bit less than my grandma kiss.
Speaker 2: Well, did it seem like she was really into you? Like, did you guys talk about seeing each other again at the end.
Speaker 4: Well, we did, and she seemed amenable to it, and like we talked back and forth, Like I mean, I always didn't want to talk about myself much, so I asked her a lot of questions about herself, and she was very engaging, and like we we told some pretty funny stories. We had some you know, just little things in common that were fun. You know, you can really tell me you have a spark with somebody, and there was a legitimate spark that I felt. So this is why they say if it was a bad day, I can see the ghost. I mean, you understand, it happens. But this was a really good one, and I was kind of really invested. Like I said, I'm really busy with work, and so when I find somebody that's worth my time, I put a lot of effort in because who knows when the next person might be around is worth my time. So it's really kind of sad that she ghosted because I was really into her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did she say anything about wanting another date with you?
Speaker 4: She she seemed to like I said we should do this again, and she seemed, yes, of course, let's let's do the Like she knew there was not any she didn't shut down, and I mean we didn't make actual plans, but you know, she seemed to be like, Okay, yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: Tyler. When you said earlier that you were sweaty, Like how sweaty?
Speaker 4: Oh we're not talking like you know, buckets, but I mean it was, it was kind of sweaty. It's just you know, I think I overdressed a little bit for the weather. The restaurant had a keat on, so yeah, just a little bit of you know, forehead tweat. But I'm not like just enough that I was worried about it. I was more subconscious than anyone.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we'll play a song, come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you.
Speaker 2: And maybe get to another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, fantastic a right, Plus, I'll come back get your first day follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Tyler is on the phone, and Tyler is getting ghosted by Jessa. It's been about a week now and he hasn't heard from her. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get him another date. But first, Tyler, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation with Jessa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jess how I went out on our first day to uh. It was a really nice, nice time, really kind of expensive restaurant. They went off for drinks afterwards. I paid for everything and h and then we really got along. Well, I kissed you goodbye and haven't heard from her since. I'm kind of worried. Maybe because I paid too much for this for the meals and she thought I was trying to show off, or or maybe because I was a little sweaty during it.
Speaker 2: All right, well, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 4: Yes? Please?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello him, I aspeaking to Jessa. Please, Hey, Jessa, how are you? My name is Jewbell and I host a radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show. Hi, Jessa, I mean also on the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, a lot of you.
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that? How are you doing today?
Speaker 5: I'm okay, what what's going on?
Speaker 3: We do a segment on the show it's called the first eight follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you ghost them, that person can ask us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Well, I mean I am on a dating app, so this could be going a couples all right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Wait to put yourself out there. Well, I'll tell you who it is. Okay, Okay, his name is Tyler.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's a recent one. Okay, because this thing does happen to me where somebody will ghost me for like months. I just had a guy reach out to me. Win went on one date ten months ago. He stopped talking to me and then was like, you're gonna so okay, no, this is very recent.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm like you Tyler, Yeah, it's been a week since he talked to him. Yeah, is that ghost him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean honestly, like the date, like there was nothing like bad that happened or anything.
Speaker 4: He just I don't know.
Speaker 5: It kind of feels like maybe our our lives aren't going to match.
Speaker 1: Up, like he did seem really tired on the date, and I think he's just like super busy. He might be like a workaholic, and I just didn't feel like he had like time to date somebody, So I just kind of was like, I'll just cut it loose. It's been one date, so like, you know, it's easier to ghost people than to like be like your life isn't you know what I mean, It's just like it's awkward.
Speaker 5: It just it just didn't feel like it was gonna work out.
Speaker 1: He works like all the time, Like I feel like even going on this date with me was like they feel like you know, I mean, he made it work obviously, but it just didn't feel like he's gonna have time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's really it.
Speaker 5: Like it's nothing crazy like it was.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like oh god, he you know, didn't tip or you know that's a deal breaker, but like, okay, well, it just it just like didn't feel like it was gonna work out, like I really I want, like I'm looking for that like fairytale romance, you like want to.
Speaker 5: Spend all your time together and fall in love. Is like not that, you know after one date. But it just didn't feel like it was gonna I was gonna get what I wanted out of it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did post him. What's that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What's that saying?
Speaker 6: Though people will always make time for what it is that they want to make time for, for the people that they want to spend time with. I don't know, just kind of feels like maybe it was a a little quick or maybe, you know what, he needs to just slow down, like he needs to slow down.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like he needs to slow down. I mean I get it, like I work a lot too, but yeah, I don't know. I mean, that's really it, Like maybe that's not a good enough reason to go somebody. But like when you're on the app, it's such a like I don't know if we can curse, but it's such like a show. Yeah, you gotta sometimes just get in and out and move on, because you know, you wait ten months and you might hit you up again anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, who are we to tell you why you shit or shouldn't got people? Yeah, I mean he didn't even wait ten months. He waited a week.
Speaker 5: He waited a week. We're still in the statute of limitations.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being honest with us. Appreciate that. Yeah, sure, I should let you know that he's actually on the phone too. Tyler is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh am, I in trouble.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, you know, O Hi Hi, oh hey Tyler. So how's it going?
Speaker 4: Well? You know, I think you said it's more awkward to try to tell somebody and then he just ghosted, but this is probably more awkward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a little awkward. Now, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I am sorry about that. But yeah, no, you know, I do. I do work a lot, and and I was tired, but like when something does matter to me, I do make the effort for it. I do put in the effort to make space when things are important to me. And so I want you to know that that that is something that I'm working working on. But also I'm already aware of. And I did make a time for our date because it was important because I think we got along really well and I could tell we're going to go well. And I am I'm willing to put some flexibility into my schedule. Like I like my work, but I also like having someone to spend time with and you know, go do things with and all of that. And then you know, I love that a little bit more than work.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you think you're going to be able to like let loose a little bit, maybe.
Speaker 7: A little bit, somebody who's willing to be like, hey, let's go do something, or give me a little encouragement to stop working for a bit, because it's hard when you work from home, it's really hard to stop working.
Speaker 4: You're just constantly working. And so if I have somebody that I'm like, hey, let's go that I want to spend time with, then that's a good intensive for me to stop working. And so I'm one hundred percent willing to work on that and talk about it and everything. But I want to talk about it. I'd like to be able to, you know, actually talk about it, not just not hear from somebody for a bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I didn't know that. I mean, I guess I didn't know you had any kind of like feelings that way after one date. But that is good and refreshing to hear. So I guess I'm glad I answered the phone this time.
Speaker 4: Me too, Me too. And obviously you have all the pressure of the radio behind you. Say yes. Everyone want to make you, make you say yes to a second day right now. But if you do want to go on a second date, I would love to, but I would lead to you to maybe text me privately later on. I want I don't want you to feel pressure if you don't want to.
Speaker 5: You know what actually this is, this is going well, so yeah, I feel good about it. We can we can give it another shot, especially.
Speaker 1: If you're you know, open about the time issue and willing to make some like assuming we want to make more time for each.
Speaker 2: Other, then yeah, so you'll go on another date with Tyler. We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, even better, sure.
Speaker 2: So Tyler doesn't have a problem spending money.
Speaker 5: But I love.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Tyler, you got another date.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I'm glad. Okay, great, Well I'm so excited, just so thank you. I probably next time I will be like so sweaty.
Speaker 5: What so sway? What did I miss them? Okay, all right, okay, I'll let it go. I don't know about it. Juble's first date follow up