Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers as we await some earnings and Video That stock up three point four percent off its highs, but nonetheless a gainer on this Wednesday. That company, as I mentioned, at more than three percent stock gaining after SpaceX said it would exclusively use Nvidia AI chips. Space expects to have approximately two gigawatts of computing capacity by the end of this year, could rise to as much as ten gigawatts next year.
Speaker 4: That's its projections. Nonetheless, I gave remain.
Speaker 3: A boost to Nvidia, the stock up roughly seventeen percent year to date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit earlier, we got earnings out of booking. Those shares rally twelve percent on the day we're now hearing from one of its competitors, Media. Those shares slightly hower in the after hours trade after the company said gross bookings in the quarter did come in slightly above estimates at thirty three point nine three billion dollars revenue four point three to two billion. That's also a beat adjusted EPs five dollars and seventy six cents, and that is a beat. Here's your guidance for the full year. The company says expect revenue of sixteen point oh five to sixteen point two to two billion. That is raising of their guidance. Their previous guidance was fifteen point six to sixteen billion. So basically a beaten raised quarter for the company. As you see, the shares just slightly higher, up about one and a half percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the stock's actually up about twelve percent year today.
Speaker 3: Looks like it might be actually in the regular session maybe closing at a record high. But nonetheless we did see it hit a fifty two week high in today's session, again, investors liking.
Speaker 4: What they heard from the company.
Speaker 3: Up about five percent here now in the aftermarket second quarter adjusted ebit a one point twelve billion versus one point oh four. And then in terms of the outlook, just to go back there, see he's third quarter revenue four points sixty five to four point seventy five, and tim that is a boost estimate on the street was four point sixty six billion.
Speaker 5: Yeah for Expedia Group shares up four point eight percent right now. Arian Goren, the CEO of the company, She said, quote, we continue to strengthen our marketplace through more personalized consumer product experiences and expanded supply across our business, while leveraging AI as a force multiplier to innovate faster and operate more efficiently. I guess I want to know more details about how they're using AI and how it made them more efficient. I think people could say, Okay, well, the conversation is starting to shift from these companies now adopting this technology and making them more efficient. So where does that show up on the bottom line?
Speaker 4: All right, We're going to wait for some more earnings. I'm going to go back to some gainers.
Speaker 3: Shopify have to mention at its highs, up almost twenty five percent today, finishing the day with the gain of about seventeen percent, number one gainer in the NASDAQ one hundred today, the highest level since January. The e commerce giant reported third quarter revenue outlook, beating expectation, strengthening the view that it faces limited disruption from artificial intelligence.
Speaker 4: Revenue is seen growing at.
Speaker 3: A low thirties percent rate, ahead of Wall Street's expectation of a twenty seven percent jump. It would mark the sixth consecutive quarter revenue growth exceeding thirty percent. Keep in mind, the stock has definitely been under pressure. It had fallen twenty three percent this year through Tuesday's close. Stock now still down about ten percent. Of make concerns about AI disruption, but maybe easing some of those investor concerns remain.
Speaker 1: Block Xyz Jack Dorsey's company out with its earning second quarter revenue does appear to be a beat, particularly with its squares segment revenue, but the redhead has to do with their third quarter forecast. The company says operating income for the current quarter will be eight hundred and seventy five million dollars. That's above street estimates of roughly about eight hundred and sixty six million dollars. The company also says that for the quarter, it expects gross profit of about three point one to three billion. That's just a nudge higher than what the street was looking for for this particular quarter. The company also providing some full year guide and it's also just a smidge above analyst estimates.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely just going through the snapshot here. You mentioned some of the highlights. Just looking for some commentary here. So again, she's adjusted operating income for the third quarter eight seventy five million, the estimate was eight sixty five point seven. She's gross profit of three point thirteen billion, the estimate is for three point twelve's a little bit better. And again seeing adjusted operating margin of about twenty eight percent. Tim, that's stock bouncing around in the aftermarket now unchanged, but we did see it a little bit higher earlier on.
Speaker 5: Remember, this is the company that a few quarters ago shock the markets by massive layoffs. A lot of people in wake of that said, okay, well it was because of overhiring that happened during the pandemic. But again going back to what everybody's looking for, Okay, did a I replace these employees? Is AI making the company more efficient? Shares a block for initial reaction now at more than four percent in the after hours.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're starting to get some numbers trickling out here right now. For Western Digital, the company that now wants to be referred to as a w D, one of the big memory storage device makers. The company says that net revenue for the quarter did come in at about three point seventy five billion. The street on average was looking for three point sixty eight, so that is a beat. ASEDDPS coming in at three dollars and fifty six cents this year the street was looking for at three dollars and thirty one cents. This release is a bit of a beast to Paris through but you see the reaction in the shares there. They're down about twelve percent. So the numbers for the most recreacent quarter did beat, But clearly something else in here that investors are focusing on, and it might have to do with the forecast. The company says that for the current quarter, which is its fiscal first quarter, it expects revenue a four billion to four point two billion. The street was looking for four billion on average, so the low end of that range pretty much on the nose of what the street was looking for. The company says gross margin in the quarter will be fifty six percent, the street was looking for fifty three point eight. The company says operating expenses in the quarter will be lower than what the street was looking problem at three nine eight four one hundred million dollars and adjusteddps in the quarter will be three eighty five to four fifteen, the low end of that range above the average of three dots. What is the problem high expectations?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the stock's up more than two hundred percent year to date, so I would definitely go into that. I mean, again going to some of the outlook here, the company ce's first quarter justin gross margin fifty five percent of fifty six. The estimate was fifty three point eight. So that's I would say up be there. The company sees first quarter operating expenses looks like they're raining them in a little bit three hundred and ninety million to four hundred million. The estimate was for four hundred and seventy five point three million. And then Digital Western Digital C's first quarter just a DBS three eighty five to four to fifteen to share.
Speaker 4: The estimate on the street was three eighty three.
Speaker 3: So this is a little I got a little head scratching here.
Speaker 5: But the company commentary from from the company CEO now, as remain mentioned, WD is how the company wants to be referred to Irving Tan. It says that demand is that they have confidence in demand. He says, quote as global Data Creation continues to accelerate. We enter fiscal year twenty twenty seven with continued confidence in the durability of demand and with increasing visibility into our business. With our scale, technology leadership and operational discipline, WD is well positioned to capitalize on the secular data growth opportunity and to deliver a long term shareholder.
Speaker 1: I just want to point out real, sorry, just real quickly, we are still waiting sandas can I ship point. There is a ton of trading activity going on in it right now. Those shares are also down about eight percent. The release has been posted on the company's website, we have not yet gotten it on the Bloomberg terminal, and we should also point out that the files on the company's website right now not actually coming up here, so it's not clear whether people have actually seen the numbers just yet and are reacting to that, or whether they're reacting to what they heard from Western Digital. Of course, Western Digital, the company that's spun off sand Disc all last year.
Speaker 4: We've got it on the terminal now.
Speaker 3: Sand disk fiscal fourth quarter revenue was eight point ninety seven billion, up fifty one percent sequentially, come reported at six point nine billion, sequential revenue growth came approximately one third from higher volumes and two thirds from higher pricing, which is always great for margins. But it's something to keep in mind in terms of when we look through these numbers. Fourth quote, a non gap diluted net incumbers share was thirty nine twenty five I share. So we're just starting to get some stuff here, remine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to hold off just a little bit here. I'm not quite getting all of those on my terminal as well. But you see the reaction and it gets back to this idea that you were getting attend, this idea of high expectations. Of course, Western Digital had been on a tear, but sand Disk had been on even a greater tear here, and it raises a lot of questions as to exactly what actually constitutes a real beat in this day and age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got Jake Silverman coming up. He covers semiconductors for Bloomberg Intelligence. He's going to be joining us. But look, the backdrop is that their demand is high for this stuff. Look at what the stocks have done so far this year. Look at what Apple has had to do as a result of higher input costs raising prices for certain items. The question is how how long does that demand go on? And you know, is there actual competition from China that US companies can can have access to just.
Speaker 3: Going through sand DIS a little bit more expanding their share repurchase authorization, proving an additional fourteen billion dollar buy back, bringing total remaining authorization to fifteen point five billion. But you're right, we're looking for some comparisons here. But I'm always a little suspect to going back to who we were talking about, was a Western digital cutting their capex, and like, why when it is rained in a little bit, why is that happening?
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.