Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Turned it out, Burn, Turn the base up, Turn based up.
Speaker 5: Chris Jase surn my headphones dot Chris Stam.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they played Stampede in nineteen sixty six after a Cowboys fifty six to seven.
Speaker 7: Win over the Philadelphia Eagles twenty think do you.
Speaker 6: Think that might have been the debut of Stampede fifty six to seven over the Eagles in nineteen sixty six?
Speaker 4: It should have, But.
Speaker 6: That was the Stampede, wasn't It was a twenty point Stampede this time thirty three thirteen. I think all of our predictions were right on Friday, right.
Speaker 4: I was mute button underneath your knee.
Speaker 6: It's someone else talk, Okay, we're just having a Mickey bol Mickey, what your mute button?
Speaker 4: You're we're working on it? Due you.
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 4: What this is like? The third time? What were are okays?
Speaker 2: The twenty seventh, way off, I get out of here, hankins to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Woman talking about I know.
Speaker 8: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Spags, spags too close, thirty one, twenty seven, way.
Speaker 9: Too close, got cooked thirty one, almost two points off cooks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this guy, I have a gap. Okay, turp and test down.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Well we failed on that.
Speaker 7: So what I had thirty eight twenty three.
Speaker 6: I switched it to that's by Sunday, I switched No, no, the reason I switched it upon further review, I went back and looked at the last five meetings in Arlington between the Cowboys and Eagles, and the average score was thirty seven to twenty one Cowboys. So I switched my pick to thirty seven to twenty one Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And I was on pace there.
Speaker 6: Had we not caught off the dogs there and settled for the field goal, we were on pace to get that thirty seven number. We decided for another fifty yard field goal.
Speaker 2: I almost went thirty three, and I actually in my head thought I went thirty three, thirty five to twenty four.
Speaker 7: That was like, damn, still double digit win, double digit win.
Speaker 4: But I went over right, did We all get it right. What was winning the win?
Speaker 7: Did we all have double digit wins?
Speaker 4: Wait? Well but then you are okay you had cooks right me? Yes, yeah you did. That's that's not a win.
Speaker 9: Well I got a touch.
Speaker 6: Win was a win on the first series of the game, twenty two yard run. We all get credit for that.
Speaker 7: Hankins set the tone for the whole game.
Speaker 9: Heard yes, yeah, yeah, at least and hooded Bill have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had gallop before a touchdown.
Speaker 7: There you go, I had.
Speaker 9: I had a touchdown. Who didn't cook score touchdown? That was gallop? He set it up, yeah, without cooking.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 7: See, this is not the definition of team.
Speaker 4: It is not not like the cow Boy.
Speaker 6: For myself, the definition of team is what the Cowboys not only did last night, but what they've done the last five weeks and over the last fifteen home games, winning as a team.
Speaker 8: That's really incredible.
Speaker 9: Last week, the offense had to pick up the defense. This week, the defense picks up the offense. And the kicker.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know you keep talking about this kicking, I'm finally believing you.
Speaker 8: He's my favorite person.
Speaker 9: So during during the warm ups, as I went down in the bench, area, trying to watch with all the celebrities down there.
Speaker 7: Barry was there.
Speaker 9: Barry was there, John Legend, John Legend was there.
Speaker 4: Griffin was there, John Legend was there.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, wow, EMMITTT. Smith. I didn't see too tall down there, but they showed him up in the in the box.
Speaker 7: Everson was there.
Speaker 9: And Everson was there, but you weren't on the s So I'm trying to watch him warm up. Aubrey and his last kick going that direction that he kicked the long ones, he hit from fifty eight and it'd hit up high on the net and hit the wall by the stands, And I'm.
Speaker 7: Going, which is like fifteen yards behind, well, at.
Speaker 4: Least ten, let's say that.
Speaker 9: And I'm saying that thing's good from sixty five for sure. So when he sent him out to chase it, yeah, and then when they sent him out there for sixty, I'm going, well, this would be a hell of a way to lose your streak, right, It missed from sixty, but I'm going, but he hit during warm ups. Can he keep his composure? Nothing changes, and that ball hit the wall again. It was unbelievable. And the fact that he's made thirty straight now the first time in the NFL is one of the more remarkable story worries the NFL has right.
Speaker 2: Now, Is there another kicker doing something like that? Did not have an There's.
Speaker 6: Not another kicker in the history of the National Football League who has made thirty straight to start his career.
Speaker 4: How about this year?
Speaker 8: I yes, somebody somebody mentioned that there's another kicker.
Speaker 9: I think, Butker.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's been like consecutive this year.
Speaker 4: He was on. It was just on tonight, yeah, said.
Speaker 9: Kansas City, Right, Yeah, he's from the good year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he's thirty.
Speaker 9: We're talking thirty of thirty here, and it just reminds.
Speaker 6: Me to do a thirty for thirty boom.
Speaker 9: It reminds me of my conversation with Chris boniol when the Cowboys signed him, and I told him the Cowboys trouble this year is last year their kicker during the regular season ninety percent of his field goals and anything less than that, they're gonna think, oh, this guy's no good. And Bonio goes, well, my kicker, meaning at the USFL in Birmingham, made ninety two percent of his kicks. Well, now he's made not hundred percent of his kicks, really good, unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Last night after the game, I was just watching some highlights and there's a stat that came up that I really liked, and it was in ninety five straight games for the Eagles, last night was the first game in ninety five that they didn't score an offensive touchdown.
Speaker 8: Ninety five.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, let me write that down, going back to I think it's twenty seventeen against.
Speaker 9: Calsy Well, that wild, that's correct, twenty seventeen for the Cowboys ninety five.
Speaker 6: Yep, and no offensive touchdown, no offensive touchdown, yep. Harrison, Butker is twenty five three for twenty three on field goal attempts this year, and he's thirty one for thirty one on pat.
Speaker 9: But he doesn't but he doesn't have I think three.
Speaker 7: For three fifty and beyond.
Speaker 9: Okay, So well, it's pretty impressive. So uh and I thought maybe the uh, the biggest thing of the night. You win thirty three thirteen. And the quarterback wasn't happy with his performance and basically gave credit to the defense and the kicker for picking him up because he only completed sixty one point five percent of his passes. He didn't throw for three hundred yards again again, but he did have for the seventh straight game multiple touchdown passes.
Speaker 4: Uh so, yeah, and that's the record and record right yeah.
Speaker 9: And he basically said if it wasn't for me, we would have scored fifty points. And you know what, he's probably right because you're starting to kick too many field goals right coming up short. But still that's a warning to everybody else. The quarterback didn't have one of his best games and they still put up thirty three points.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him make the same mistake twice this year, you know, doing this streak. The only thing that I can say he has duplicated is his scrambled outside the pocket is trying to drop it in over the defensive backs of defender's head as the running back has maybe a half a step on him, and he can't make that throw. As twice that he didn't do a good job on it. Both times it hit the defender I think in the back of the head. So I mean that's nitpicking, right, That's something that and if those plays we were completed, then they will really put us in a better position. They were almost interception.
Speaker 9: Both of them, but they weren't.
Speaker 4: They wanted. That's right.
Speaker 7: So there's so much positive to talk about. I hate to bring up a negative.
Speaker 6: On the pass to CD down the sideline early in the second half. Yeah, and CD he put it on himself right on that right, Okay, Immediately you add that, let's say that was completed, you add that to Dax totals and that was that would have been a sixty two yard touchdown, and that gets him up over three hundred and forty yards or whatever that would be, and three touchdown passes you daop No, I'm just saying CD.
Speaker 7: No, I mean it was right there.
Speaker 6: The question was the safety came over and on TV they said that the safety.
Speaker 7: Got a hand in there.
Speaker 6: It didn't look like to me that the I think the CD, the safety flashing.
Speaker 7: As much as anything, caused a disruption on it.
Speaker 9: Well, what about the pass and the touch the pass in the end zone when the guy took out, was it Cook's legs?
Speaker 7: Yep, yep?
Speaker 9: That okay, I see that no pass interference because he didn't use his hands. He used his body to take out his legs on the sideline.
Speaker 6: But my point being, had that been completed, whoever's fault? It was so to speak, I mean, and then Dak's got another three hundred yard passing game, and he's got another three touchdown game. As it was, he had two touchdowns and no picks, just had the one fumble.
Speaker 12: So what happened on the sack fumble with Philly and they ran it back for a touchdown because I caught a little bit of it, But.
Speaker 8: What exactly occurred.
Speaker 9: Cox got away from Zach Martin quickly and the way he got away was right by happenstance, right into where Dak was and Dak was trying to bring the ball back in and he didn't get it in and.
Speaker 2: Didn't they say something like it was opened on the other side of the field. He said something throat yeh said was open on the other side of the field, and I think he put that.
Speaker 9: He said, he said it should have been a touchdown the other one the other way. Yeah, but he but he he couldn't get away and the ball came out and Jalen Carter rumbled for.
Speaker 2: And you know, the way that game was going, that was still not even dramatic to me.
Speaker 4: I still had complete confidence.
Speaker 7: Even though that brought the score to twenty four.
Speaker 4: Did not care, did not care.
Speaker 2: I really thought that and correctly that they will continue to move the ball on the on the Eagles, I was, I was dumbfounded yesterday on the improvements that they made. That's pretty dark on impressive defense. They come out, play great, We come out kind of ran the ball a little bit, you know, we we ran consistently enough to keep them honest. You know, they weren't not that many negative running place yard is wise and you know, you just have to be impressed. And also I think the number one thing it didn't hurt us though if we had more than I thought, not many penalties at all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just kind of weird ones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, seven tenalties for sixty yards and they had ten for ninety five.
Speaker 9: When's the last time when the last time you heard a offensive lineman called for clipping.
Speaker 6: And in the booth they immediately said that wasn't a clip. Yeah, the official in the booth on the Sunday night team said that's not a clipping penalty. That should not have been called.
Speaker 9: I just was, Yeah, that one, that one got me.
Speaker 2: The battle between Gilmour oh I Sam Brown Man.
Speaker 4: Old school stuff.
Speaker 2: Right now that are in cornerbacks school stuff right there, man.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love.
Speaker 6: You said old school, But I tweeted they showed a shot at Gilmour on the sideline with his helmet off, I said, Stefan Gilmore is so old school.
Speaker 7: He wears a breathe, right. I need to look up. When did breathewrights come along? Was twenty years ago?
Speaker 4: When I was gonna say ten, ten, twelve years?
Speaker 7: I bet it's been longer, though, I'll look it up.
Speaker 9: You keep talking, but you know, he and he did a you were talking about it. Keep him in front of you, you know. And even on the deep ones, he was with them the entire way. They didn't get completed. And evidently I didn't get a chance to read the whole story yet, but I saw the little subhead. Evidently Brown called Gilmore old.
Speaker 8: They were getting chippy out.
Speaker 9: There, yeah, oh yeah, yes, they were gotta love it.
Speaker 4: You know, how what is what does Gilmour three?
Speaker 2: But how tall is? He doesn't seem that really tall, statue esque, you know, muscularything. He just seems like a afty guy making defictive Player of the year.
Speaker 8: He's sixty, yeah, all right, thirty three years old.
Speaker 4: We gotta we have a breathe right up making he's sneaky good.
Speaker 7: Here's here's a breathe right update, just what we know.
Speaker 6: Football fans got their first glimpse of the funny looking adhesive nose strips. When you said ten years ago, I said twenty years ago.
Speaker 9: I said twelve.
Speaker 6: I'm going fifteen in nineteen ninety four, when NFL stars including Jerry Rice, wore them as they ran for touchdowns on national television, a year after I retire.
Speaker 7: Wait you go.
Speaker 9: We used to think, though, that was almost thirty years ago, twenty nine years ago. It was like it was fashionable. It wasn't for try being able to breathe.
Speaker 7: But that's the first thing I thought of. But I saw Gilmour on the sideline wearing a breathe right.
Speaker 9: They were supposed to keep you from snoring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my wife's tried to get me to wear one for years.
Speaker 9: They work until the adhesive wears off and then it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't help anyway. But Gilbert, but as soon as I saw the quote about A J. Brown told him he was old, I thought about taking down my tweet. I hope it's not offensive.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was quite a performance, and we just saw a whole new defense opportunistic come on, they were three fumbles.
Speaker 9: Were hitting, they weren't actually know they were not They were hitting.
Speaker 4: Everything was deliberate.
Speaker 9: There was a couple more that I thought the ball was coming out. Didn't just did they know something, didn't.
Speaker 2: I talk about that a statement in the press conference afterwards.
Speaker 6: I think, I think this is the sixth straight game that Hurts Hiss fumbled. It's part of the scouting report, but.
Speaker 2: It's our It was just him, right, I mean, so it happens to be from that.
Speaker 7: They were loose with the football.
Speaker 4: That was the most he may have started with Hertz.
Speaker 9: That was the most engaged I'd seen Donovan Wilson play this season.
Speaker 2: And they shut me up because you know I've been complaining. Yeah, I mean, they just shut me. He was hitting that blitz alert alert, the alertness, Yes, no step behind right, Jamon on it. Anything that loose, he's trying to pick it up. I mean they just really yeah, I mean, you know, they didn't shut everything down. But once again, they were opportunistic even.
Speaker 4: When we before we really went up and built a big league.
Speaker 9: Just think about it. They held They held Philadelphia the three d and twenty four total yards. Incredible, They held Hurts to one hundred and ninety seven yards, kept the receivers out of the end zone. Right now. Brown had nine catches for ninety four yards, but he only averaged ten to four a catch, So they did a decent job there. And then the takeaways.
Speaker 6: For both Brown and Smith. That's their first fumbles of the season. And Hurts is fumbled eight times.
Speaker 4: It's like we knew something.
Speaker 2: You know, I hurt, you get it, But you know these other guys first time fumbling, whether they.
Speaker 6: They've lost whether the Eagles have only lost nine fumbles all season and three of them came in last night.
Speaker 4: So come on, so what did they know?
Speaker 9: One more quick thing. The Cowboys starting linebackers had eight tackles, a pat two passes defensed, they forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. What did Shaq Leonard do is that between.
Speaker 7: Now, that's unfair.
Speaker 6: He's only been there five tackles.
Speaker 4: Well, we knew what was gonna happen.
Speaker 9: We were going to go at it and he would have been a depth guy here because those linebackers are playing. I mean to Malton Clark making a hit down the field, somebody else's guy caught the ball. I thought they played exceptionally well.
Speaker 6: And Shack Leonard had fourteen snaps for the Eagles in last night's game.
Speaker 7: All right, much more to get to.
Speaker 6: After a thirty three thirteen win over the Eagles, Cowboys tied for first place, and we're back in a moment.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the Prescott. Who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 9: He escapes left.
Speaker 4: He'll run for a punch down.
Speaker 13: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 13: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 14: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 15: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite Wood of Pairing can kracks a kickoff Tailgate's going way as post game Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, miller Like and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Millibrown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 9: Devict shots.
Speaker 11: K Postproofing and Waterproofing. The official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: What are we looking at?
Speaker 6: We're looking at the side speaking of the Cowboys. Next upon the Buffalo Bills. They are showing on the NFL network right now. Cadarius Tony with his foot squarely on the blue line. He is off sides on that pass. They pass play to Kelsey and then the backwards pass to Kadarius Tony got negated and the Chiefs lose the game, and Mahomes was furious at the official after the game his teammate for lining up off side.
Speaker 9: We're talking what two inches, but he's off side And I had nothing to do with a touchdown pass.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, and you can. All you got to do is go check with the official there. He'll tell you to back up.
Speaker 9: So somebody asked me that I think the officials were on the Cowboys side because they kept picking up flags. I go, no, the incompetence of the guy that threw them shouldn't even throwing it. In the first place. What is he seeing ghosts out there?
Speaker 7: It was unusual. You don't see that very often.
Speaker 4: No, by the time we got break.
Speaker 9: All right, where are we at here.
Speaker 7: Or wherever you want to be at on your legal pad. There's so much to get.
Speaker 9: To play by place stuff, all right, there's no notes on it. Oh, tied for first place in the NFC East ten and three ten and three, first tiebreaker head to head, they split next tiebreaker division record. Cowboys are four and one and the Eagles are three in one.
Speaker 7: That's going to change.
Speaker 6: They got a half game, so if the playoffs started now, that's right, But the playoffs don't start now.
Speaker 9: Still four games.
Speaker 4: If we both went out.
Speaker 7: The Eagles. If we both went out, the Eagles.
Speaker 6: Have the tiebreaker because of that Arizona loss the conference conference.
Speaker 2: Don't give the people false hope, man, The Eagles. Eagles have to break all the bad news.
Speaker 4: Always come to me for bad.
Speaker 9: News, man, Come on the percentages of winning nine straight.
Speaker 7: What you think the Eagles are going to win out?
Speaker 9: Well, I saw last night last week. They see us record the final four games.
Speaker 6: And the.
Speaker 7: Attle Giants, Cardinals Giants.
Speaker 2: He was going to tell you that means nothing because they are trending down with.
Speaker 6: Exactly That's right what I saw last night and what I saw last week. Now, granted against two of the top three teams in the league.
Speaker 7: Uh, they just don't.
Speaker 6: The Eagles don't seem to have that mojo that they had last year.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't think their offensive line is playing that well, you're not. I know the Cowboys would they sack them three times?
Speaker 7: They sacked him once once Parsons, but.
Speaker 9: They were must I would like to see what the pressures were. The hits weren't that many.
Speaker 2: But there you looked like Dak in San Francisco in the playoff game. You talked about seeing ghosts. Remember that they were all around him and he could feel it. He wasn't sure at all in the pocket. He was not comfortable, not one time.
Speaker 6: So the Cowboys only dropping his eyes, yes, trying to see what was in front of him. They only had That's what Nick Bosis said last week after the Niners Eagles game. He said their game plan was not necessarily the sack hurts, but getting to drop his eyes where he's not looking downfield and he's looking at the pass rush instead.
Speaker 9: They only had one sack only two quarterback hits, but I bet there was at least a half dozen or more pressures where he got the ball just the time. They don't keep pressures, they just keep quarterback hits, but he and they were pressures at key times too. The one Lawrence said, boy, he came right in his face, forcing in completions. That's why his I mean he completed eighteen of twenty seven passes.
Speaker 4: There really wasn't considering.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was still sixty seven percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but his quarterback rating was eighty eight, so they struggled there. So yeah, I mean that, I mean, that's what we expected in this game, right, maybe a little bit closer. Cowboys should have won the first game.
Speaker 6: I didn't expect closer, Actually I did. I expected sixteen points, thirty seven to twenty one, but I expected another ranch Yeah, and even if you look at the history.
Speaker 4: Of twenty one, that's that's not all blowout to me. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in the NFL, that's a Blowout's a blow yeah.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 9: So they won eight games by twenty or more points, setting a franchise record for most twenty point wins in a season, and the eight to twenty point wins are the most by an NFL team since two thousand and seven. So you wanted a quality win, you got a quality have that right, Yes, And.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden everyone changing their tune.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I mean now it's cowboys, cowboys, it's.
Speaker 2: Matter fact and Dak, Dak, Dak, it's just so mad fact. Oh yeah, back, now, what were you saying even two weeks ago?
Speaker 8: He's leading right now for MVPES.
Speaker 6: We got four quarterbacks on that list, four quarterbacks of ten and three teams at least. The whatever rankings I saw last night, it was Dak was number one, party number two. This is immediately after the game last night. What the line was on it. Dak was number one, party number two, Hurts number three, and Lamar Jackson number four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you know what the thing of that is, that's betting odds, right. Those people don't know what the people voting are things, so they can sit there and look at it objectively, analytically, But the people voting, who knows what the.
Speaker 7: Betting odds are?
Speaker 6: Everything going into the hall, he's the leading leads.
Speaker 9: As I said on as I said on that.
Speaker 7: Fan, I'm my fan.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 9: We got to consider the majority of the voters are in this eastern block, and I'm not talking Europe even you know, the East coast, and there's a I don't care what anybody says, there's a natural bias against the Cowboys out in the northeast.
Speaker 2: We have only had one m v P for the Dallas Cowboys. As far as the NFL's concern.
Speaker 9: All all over m v P. Because Emmett won it one year. I want to say, I don't think it was uh just I.
Speaker 4: Just said, oh, he's the only one.
Speaker 9: He's the only one did know this. I thought I thought Troy won it one year.
Speaker 7: He wasn't the Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 14: It's so.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that.
Speaker 7: I know exactly where it's at. I just can't find it.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I caught you'll go out with that.
Speaker 6: That's something about Defensive Player of the Year. Right, Nope, Nope, should have been Harvey. It wasn't Harvey. And was it the year?
Speaker 9: I didn't It was seventy seven, but it was before Sacks became a legitimate.
Speaker 6: Official status and then they took away to of his Okay, Mickey is when they recounted Mickey is looking through the Accolades All Time and Cowboys, his.
Speaker 9: Throw Bowl, All Pro, NFC.
Speaker 7: For the Most Valuable Player, other.
Speaker 9: Three Coach of the Year, NFC Player of the Year given fell offensive well, it's a long list.
Speaker 4: He moves his lips when he reads.
Speaker 9: NFL Most Valuable Player EMMITTT. Smith nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 7: So ever since was right? Again, that was the year ago?
Speaker 4: That was the year, right, I mean for the year, and I mean.
Speaker 9: Like he won for the Super Bowl too.
Speaker 4: But when he missed the first two games, that was that was that year.
Speaker 6: E've been missing the first two games of the season, that's right, But that's like you saw the College Football Awards the other night. Ollie Gordon from Oklahoma State I won the Doak Walker Award. Okay, he's out of Yutash Trinity High School and.
Speaker 4: Should have been.
Speaker 9: Cody Schrader led the rushing.
Speaker 6: So boy, but at Oklahoma State Olli Gordon first three games of the year, he only had nineteen carries.
Speaker 7: I mean, what are they thinking up there? Give this guy the football?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So he basically missed the first three games and became the nation's leading rusher this year. And by the way, for you draft Knicks, out there. He is not draft eligible yet. He's just through his second year at Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: State, but he is in the transfer portal.
Speaker 7: He is in the transfer portal. That's right.
Speaker 4: And so with someone else in Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: That's not the same school.
Speaker 4: I said, Oklahoma, Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: He's going to Oregon. The quarterback from Oklahoma's going to Oregon.
Speaker 9: That's right, because he wasn't going to start at Oklahoma that track.
Speaker 6: He's not the best quarterback on campus. Okay, got it, Sir Patrick Mahomes on the way, Okay, mickey.
Speaker 9: So how about this? They got all these other runners Sports Facility of the Year award Okay at and T Stadium in twenty ten.
Speaker 7: What's funny about that?
Speaker 9: Just how do you how do you factor that?
Speaker 7: Well? It was brand new that year, big, larger than life.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, yeah, right, what the trophy?
Speaker 4: I thought it could be the round somewhere.
Speaker 6: Now, Okay, we'll continue reading through the Cowboys accolades.
Speaker 7: A new Cowboys media guy.
Speaker 4: You let him pick up the.
Speaker 9: Book NFC Player of the Year other than.
Speaker 7: In NFC Conference Player of the Year.
Speaker 9: Is what you said, NFC player of the Year, give me a year. Well, that's he's going to give it to Is it just one NFC Player of the Year is three?
Speaker 7: Three of them?
Speaker 4: Eighty two?
Speaker 9: Who was NFC seventy one Rogers bro eighty one?
Speaker 7: Ever since, No, he's not.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 9: I didn't say offensive. Tony Dorsett must have had a very good.
Speaker 2: Yes he did so, Yes, Jordan, it put football pants on.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 9: This is this is really amazing, though, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, they've only had two all these years Emmitt Emmett and DeMarco Murray when he had the big year and ten NFL Defensive Player of the Year Harvey Harvey and seventy seven Charles Haley in ninety four.
Speaker 2: And that's it, Hobby Miiden, guy, come on, I mean, I have to say it.
Speaker 4: How do you get freaking play of the Year.
Speaker 2: And then you get Koeen VP of the Super Bowl and you don't even come on, honor or something.
Speaker 4: Bro, vote me a bone. You know, my family's from Dallas.
Speaker 6: South oak Cliff Megan the beautiful and off the field, you had the beautiful Harvey Martin radio.
Speaker 7: Show and that's right, Yeah, yeah, great guy.
Speaker 9: Well we're gonna have the NFC Kicker of the Year once again.
Speaker 8: Yeah we will.
Speaker 9: Richie Cunningham wanted in ninety seven.
Speaker 6: All right, okay, we continued down Cowboys memory Lane in a moment here on mix Shots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 15: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pair can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 4: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 16: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more, or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash beats TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 14: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: Tomed Shots.
Speaker 11: To the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Fizzline, don't miss your chance learn from the Cowboys cheerleaders and former NFL players at AT and T Stadium on December twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today Dallas Cowboys talk called slashing Camps.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, So when do y'all start? When do y'all start listening to Christmas music?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 9: Maybe right right, this minute, this minute, the year two weeks.
Speaker 7: We're two weeks out right Nowicky, you need to start. In fact, I was.
Speaker 6: On the elliptical yesterday afternoon and I had listened to Christmas music for the first time this holiday season. I thought, and that thought occurred to me, when should I start listening? Well, I was two weeks and one day out, and I said, Okay, I'm starting to listen now, trying to get in the mood.
Speaker 2: I listened to my daughter exactly right. I listened to my daughter. This year we put them up, uh week and a half.
Speaker 7: Of your lights?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Waiting and decorations and stuff. Yeah. I usually wait till like the twenty third.
Speaker 7: That's when I do my shop.
Speaker 9: If I waiting to the twenty third, I would bothern't buy a bunch of the flowers that you pust the flowers they have the red flowers and pretty flowers.
Speaker 7: By the way, I went and bought some garland.
Speaker 6: I need to replace the garland that's on our fence whatever.
Speaker 4: And so we have a black tree. It looks good. It really does.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 2: Background is good, you know, with the sharp bulbs and everything, and it's pre lit some good man.
Speaker 4: Really yeah that stuff, picture of it.
Speaker 8: I have a white I have an all white artificial.
Speaker 9: Of course, you didn't find a black tree grown.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't find that one. The black forest is too far.
Speaker 9: By the way. Yesterday was this They had these seven decades worth of d c C reunion. At halftime that was Cowboy cheerleaders.
Speaker 7: Dolly.
Speaker 9: Someone looked like.
Speaker 2: Wait, you said, you mean yesterday? Yeah, oh that's what the lad Those ladies were doing out there dancing. Who are these people? I was like walking around doing a lot of stuff. I just had where they were. Okay, that's a lot of questions.
Speaker 8: Good go.
Speaker 6: Oh we got pictures of the tree. Yeah, okay, show it to show it to the rest of the class.
Speaker 7: Show it. You got a camera there somewhere right there, there, this way, that way, you're right there.
Speaker 4: You have it right there. Now there you go. Love the tree's on it. But we have to do all that stuff.
Speaker 6: By the way, this being a Monday, we should celebrate the fact that the man with the most interceptions and Monday Night football is seated amongst us.
Speaker 7: Right now and twenty four.
Speaker 6: Career games, Everson Walls had eleven interceptions on Mondays.
Speaker 9: Well, this this thing here must have a misprint there because it's not in here.
Speaker 6: They need to add that to the Cowboys media Guide. Yet another record for Everson Walls. And by the way, did Durron Bland play in the game last night?
Speaker 9: You didn't hear him? Had a couple didn't play right, He did a couple of tackles, But.
Speaker 6: I thought it was very interesting. The week before, all we could see was drown.
Speaker 7: Bland here, dran Bland there, or whatever.
Speaker 4: We would pick on him. Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 6: And then this week, yeah, we stepped on Gilmour. Did you travel with receivers much at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, my one of my proudest games gets the Eagles. Uh, that's when they kind of stopped throwing to me around eighty six and for the first time Tom put me on Keith Jackson.
Speaker 4: He was almost he was the man, and I shut his butt down.
Speaker 7: No nothing, you shut him down.
Speaker 2: Not that Keith Jackson had I had six knockdowns, six passes defense because they kept coming on on third down.
Speaker 4: He was a third down guy. That's why we kept doing it. And so yeah, that was speaking of the Eagles first.
Speaker 9: Time that did you did you ever have to cover John Spagnola? Who John Spagno?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: By the way, here's an interesting fact on that Monday Night football.
Speaker 9: You know what happened though? One year, I think it was eighty five. He had a really good first half and the sports editor Times Herald at the time, he's at the game because he was from pit from Philadelphia, and he comes up to me at halftime and he goes, if this keeps up, we're going to have a headline and a byeline that says, Spagnola, you're going to write the story right. Well, the second half, the Cowboys came back and it was a nod story afterwards.
Speaker 7: How about this?
Speaker 6: The two leading interceptors in the history of Monday Night football, Everson Walls out.
Speaker 7: Of Bergner High School and Merton.
Speaker 6: Hanks ever Since from Lake Islands High School. Wow ever since had eleven interceptions in twenty four games on Mondays. Merton Hanks out of Lake Highlands High School with nine interceptions in twenty three games on Mondays, and he's tied with Emmitt Thomas, former.
Speaker 4: Kansas City chief from Dallas, Texas front.
Speaker 6: He went to Bishop College in Dallas, right, how about that?
Speaker 4: Wow? Dallas baby, Dallas baby?
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 9: So back to let's.
Speaker 4: Ride this way from back.
Speaker 9: Because we started this really we started this on Bland Right. He was tied for the second most tackles with five and he had two. How about this tackles for losses?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 9: I remember one because I think he was One was a bubble screen, for sure, he blew it up, and I thought the other one was a running play and he came up and made made the tackle.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, guys, we talked about it and I'm going to keep mentioning it. Al Harris done a great job.
Speaker 7: I got one more point on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 7: I'm ready and then I want to come back to Al Harris.
Speaker 6: But since we're talking about secondary guys, who's tied for fourth on Monday Night football interceptions from the South Oak Cliff Michael Down Michael Downs with seven?
Speaker 7: How about that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Now, Al Harris talk.
Speaker 4: Al Harris talk, he's the man. How proud do you think he is? Right? Now?
Speaker 2: You lose Diggs? You know, first of all, you had Digs right, it was amazing, right, you saw something special. You lose that guy, and this Bland just kind of I mean, he didn't just step up. He is anointing himself, you know, as the person to keep an eye on, except for the Seahawks game, and you know, giving up a few things here and there.
Speaker 4: He's really you take.
Speaker 2: Out the Seattle game, he's pretty freaking solid.
Speaker 4: He's really solid. You take out the Seattle game. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm talking player of the defensive, player of the year solid. If you take out the Seattle Seahawks game.
Speaker 6: In that conversation, and yet who's the best cornerback on the team, They're saying a lot about your secondary, that's right.
Speaker 9: And you know, and they didn't give Bland credit. They said, oh, he wasn't even starting this year, and it was like, well he was starting.
Speaker 2: You know that you're starting at They still don't know how to quantified the starting defense, just the starting defense, period, and when they come out in the nickel, they still won't say it's the starting defense. They'll just say they started with nickel, right, which you like.
Speaker 7: On the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 9: But there's three cornerbacks as the starter.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're consistent though.
Speaker 9: Well they normally the first group that comes out is considered called starter here.
Speaker 7: I don't know how they do the Pro Bowl these days. But then they needed on the Pro Bowl team.
Speaker 6: They need to have a slot corner position on the Pro Bowl team.
Speaker 4: So some teams start nickel the entire year.
Speaker 2: So what if you're slotman, you're starting slotman does well?
Speaker 6: Well, it's almost like it's almost like you need, uh with the specialization on defense, you need to have a slot corner position.
Speaker 7: You need to have a big nickel position as well.
Speaker 4: See that and the and the Pro Bowl does not jive with them.
Speaker 9: And you know the weird thing on here. They identify the player who starts by whatever their position is to start the year. So the cow they've got the Cowboys start three defensive linemen and three two linebackers. They listed Parsons.
Speaker 7: As a linebacker.
Speaker 9: Whether they have what do they have Bell listed as safety? There you go, because that's the position he's listed at. So they started three safeties, three corners, two linebackers and only three defensive linemen. But they lined up Philadelphia for their first play in three wide I believe, and then they went empty on the next one because they kept putting Swift in motion.
Speaker 4: But nothing worked for them.
Speaker 2: No that I mean, even though you can call out numbers all you want, I think you said earlier, it's when things were done.
Speaker 11: Was done offensive touchdowns and that was the first one in ninety five straight games for the Eagles.
Speaker 4: So who saw that coming after the Seattle Seahawks game, that we would play that well against this team, you know what?
Speaker 9: And I think we got to come to this conclusion. People don't. It's always like, well that game, one game's a trend, right, But a lot of times it's just the matchups, Like, Okay, you didn't match up well against whatever Seattle was doing, but you had a better clue of what Eagles were doing, and you matched up better.
Speaker 2: And the key was when you couldn't match up well, you made the adjustment and those changes led you to a win all right, strictly because of those changes.
Speaker 9: And it wasn't the knockout punch, but the drive at the end of the first half where they went seventy five yards in a minute and ten seconds to score a touchdown and really broke the game open, right, And that's on Dak. He doesn't get credit for that drive. But at halftime his quarterback rating was like one ten and then he had that lull in the third third quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 2: If they can't keep up with our offense, they are in trouble period. The pressure was on them and they made it worse with a ton twenty four. Keep up with us as we keep scoring and having these eight play drives.
Speaker 9: Okay, twenty four, twenty four to six at half time us, it's time to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last time he said something, did something without talking the first time.
Speaker 4: That's the first out.
Speaker 6: In honor of Monday Night Football, our discussion about the all time leader Monday Night Football tonight that took. We give you. We give you not one, but two Monday Night games. And you have a homework assignment. Cow Boys play Buffalo this coming week. Okay, we trust you saw the the Buffalo Kansas City game yesterday. Your homework assignment is to watch the Miami Dolphins against the Tennessee Titans tonight at seven fifteen. Because on Christmas.
Speaker 7: Eve, the Cowboys go to Miami.
Speaker 9: Another game tonight play has been playing fans at Miami.
Speaker 7: And the other game tonight.
Speaker 9: Is where you wanted to go?
Speaker 7: Green Bay?
Speaker 6: Green Bay at the Giants another one of Eversin's alma maters, the New York Giants.
Speaker 7: Okay, that does it?
Speaker 4: Are we out of time?
Speaker 7: You have a parting mix Shot.
Speaker 4: I was going to give you.
Speaker 9: The halftime stats, but we'll just keep those for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, we'll look forward to that on the next episode of mix Shots.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.