Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Let's get it all.
Speaker 3: Now, Let's get it Mike semper Vv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, Sports Byline dot Com, over the air affiliates like HEYMAB ninety nine KMSR and The Mightier ten ninety podcast replays, or maybe you're video streaming on Twitch or YouTube. However you're joining me today, just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are at sunny outside. If not, I hope it's the inside your mind. Sometimes it's sunny outside and it's sunny inside your mind, but on the inside of your intestines, well there's a churning going on and apparently much like the Mount a Loa volcano in Hawaii. Brian Alvarez right now in Hawaii has fallen ill. It's the second Wednesday in a row that he is not here. Is that a trend? I don't know. He believes that he will be back in action tonight on Wrestling Observer Radio. If he's not, I don't know what happens in that case. Garrick Gonzalez, I'm sure we'll have to step up. Will Brian be there or not? I don't know. You gotta become a subscriber to Wrestlingobserver dot com and follow along. You'll know what's happened. I'll give everybody his Twitter feed soon. Maybe you can check him out that way. But joining us today Filthy Tom Lawler, because you need a man to step in in times like this, and there's no one manlier with the exception of Don Fry than Filthy Tom Lawler. And we got a lot to get into. Aw Dynamite is tonight, not from the Box Center, from the Bok Center, the Bok Center, I like the Bok Center, the Bank of Oklahoma City Center, that's where that's going to be from. We had NXT last night. We have Seven Bucks Productions making a movie about Rick Flair, possibly maybe, and we have a deal for the CW and NWA that I thought we knew about months ago. Get in all that stuff and war and we'll get it started when we get back. Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Looking for cruise vacation. Cruise dot Com is offering its exclusive sale of the year to all listeners to this station. Every major cruise line including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, MSc, and more are on sale now called one hundred four to three oh seven nine two four and book one of these deals while supplies last. Cruises start from as low as thirty nine dollars per person per day. There isn't a better vacation value to places like Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, South America and more. Call it one of the largest cruise specialists in the world. At one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine twenty four, we'll find you a vacation that includes drinks, Wi Fi, excursions and more. Call one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine two four again, that's one hundred four to three oh seven nine two four. Space is limited. Don't miss your opportunity to book the best deal of the year. That's one hundred four to three oh seventy nine twenty four, sponsored by Cruise dot Com.
Speaker 6: This is it's a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home.
Speaker 7: Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 2: Call right now.
Speaker 5: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one, eight hundred three sixty one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 8: Hey there, fellow travelers, it's me the Hotel Whiz. Before you go anywhere, call me day or night for hotel rates too low to publish. I'll save you up to seventy five percent on over five hundred thousand hotels across the globe. You see, I've already done the research, so you don't have to spend time online trying to find the best deal that's up to seventy five percent off. Just call me the Hotel Whiz. It's a free call and you get instant access to rates too low to publish with no cancelation fees.
Speaker 7: Make a free call now and save up the seventy five percent off your hotel rooms.
Speaker 3: The next time you're going somewhere.
Speaker 7: For business or pleasure, call the Hotel Whiz now and get instant access to rates.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 7: Load up published eight hundred five eight six seven one one two eight hundred five eight six seven one one two eight hundred five eight six seven one one two. Call the Hotel Whiz right now for rates too. Load up published at eight hundred five eight six seven one one two.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike Semperviv and Filthy Tom Lawler here with you Wrestling Observer Live. You know, we do this show right here for an hour to time every single day, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can try to find us on Twitter, slash x. I am at semperviv. Filthy is at the Tom Lawler for the continued Adventures of Brian Alvarez at Brian Alvarez. If you want to know what's going on in the world of professional wrestling at WO and F four W and the broadcasters at Sports Byline USA. Jim Valley's at Jim Valley, Here's here with you on Saturdays one pm Eastern time, ten am Pacific. And Andrews Aerian is here with you on Sundays at Andrews Aarian six pm Eastern Time. I'd also love for you to give the Wrestling News a shot as a part of your I won't give you the long plug. I'll just tell you to head on over the Wrestling News dot Com and at Wrestling News av on Facebook and Twitter. Find it wherever you find your favorite podcast. Filthy. Do you believe at all that Brian is really sick as he sits there in Hawaii right now, and you know he kept during the breaks of the show yesterday. He kept looking back behind him at the window or the sliding door that was right behind him. He kept looking out there as if he was truly missing something, and he was. He was missing Hawaii. Do you believe that he's actually sick today?
Speaker 4: I think that Son of the Beach is trying to pull a fast one on us. And if he's not, I hope he feels better imminently.
Speaker 3: Were you a big fan of that show, Son of the Beach? Because I was, And this this is a nineties throwback for people from back in the day, but I was a proponent of that show, the Howard Stern produced Son of a Beach.
Speaker 4: Mike, I have the perfect segue for you. Oh yeah, huh, because speaking of deplorable things that include Howard Stern making the news today was one interview with Howard Stern by none other than the man that's probably gonna hope we can't see him at all, but he's in the eye of rustling fans right now, and that's John Cena.
Speaker 3: You'd think knowing that you're gonna be asked about something like this. I mean, I know he's got the Argyle movie out, but that's been out for a while now right, I don't know what it was because I haven't heard the show yet that what the reasoning was that John Zena was on Howard Stern today, but you know, he's been on Howard Stern a lot and what's been terrible and we'll get to what he said on the show today, but people are pointing out that one of the times he was on Howard Stern, he was talking about Canyon after Canyon had went on Howard Stern and talked about his life in WWE and how he was treated and how he was scripted after Vince McMahon found out that he was talking about coming out of the closet and the situation with the Undertaker where they had a closet in the middle of the ring that he came out and sang boy George too before the Undertaker pretty much murdered this man with chair shots, including one to the head that was disgusting by no matter how you cut it, just a terrible headshot. And John Cena came on not long after that and said Kenyon's lying. He was never that good to begin with and he was just complaining. He came out afterwards, and you know, people are bringing this up now, now, why are they doing that? Well, Kenyon committed suicide at the age of forty, you know, a New York guy, and Ashley Massarrow committed suicide at the age of thirty nine, and she had her claims, you know, kind of you know, they're out there right now. And obviously NewsNation we talked about it yesterday, people looking into her claims about being sexually assaulted while on a WWE tour. But John Cena appeared on Howard Stern today and once again while not saying anything about Ashley Massarrow or anything specifically, at least from what's up on the web page right now over at Wrestling observer dot com. This was posted up by Ian Carey not long ago John Cena opening up about his relationship with Vince McMahon. He says, quote, I can say this. I'm a big advocate of love and friendship and honesty and communication. But in the same breath, I'm also a big advocate of accountability. I think if you explained it well, Howard, if someone's behavior lies so far outside your value system that the balance shifts of like I can't operate in a world where this works, then that's the end result of being accountable. Stern then asks in about how he plans to handle the situation as it relates to Vince McMahon and their friendship and relationship, and Scena answered, right now, what I'm going to do is love the person I love, be their friend, and by that it means, hey, I love you. You have a hill to climb. There's the saying of you don't know who your friends are until the s hits the fan or your backs against the wall. That doesn't make any of what's going on any easier to swallow. But just telling somebody like, hey, I love you, man, this is going to be a hill to climb. We're going to see what happens. And that's that. It sounds so cliche, but it has to be one day at a time. But at the same token, I've openly said I love the guy. I have a great relationship with the guy. So that's that. Did he really have to go on Howard Stern and really take questions about Vince McMahon, And if you are going to take questions about Vince McMahon, that's the best that you can come up with for the allegations and the situation. That's been put upon Vince McMahon with all of the things that we now know about Vince McMahon, after all of the NBA's settling with Rita Chatterton, who for years said that he raped her, is this really? You know? I guess everybody's got their view and they're entitled to come out and come out and say it. But I don't know, dude, John Cena, the man or you know, the public figure and entertainer any like, did it help him at all? Here? Did it help Vince McMahon and what his images.
Speaker 4: World life? I think John Cena would have been better off having the trademark ghost write a statement for him on Howard's Stone than what he said, because even if we look at it from the standpoint of John Cena, John Cena I'm sure feels indebted to Vince McMahon. How could he not. He's been the face of a company. Probably his dream was given to him because of the business acumen and the business dealings of Vince wick Mann, so I'm sure he feels indebted to him. However, vincick Mann has put out a statement maintaining his innocence in the face of these claims, So you know, perhaps you can give John Cena the benefit of the doubt and say he's basing his feelings about Vince on the fact that he believes Vince to be innocent when it comes to this situation. But in the face of everything social media, society, what's right and wrong on this planet, I think John Cena should have, you know, thought about his choice of words a little bit better, much like actually another top WWEE superstar did, because Randy Orton was talked about They're asked about this very subject in a few interviews with Sports Illustrated, the New York Post, and I think he handled it, yeah, a little bit better.
Speaker 3: I believe he did as well. Orton said, quote, I've got to say this, I wouldn't be where I am without Vince McMahon taking a chance on me a handful of times. I would not be where I am today without Vince McMahon. But f I'm reading this, ass what you've seen in read, I've seen in read. As far as commenting on it, it efan hurts my heart. It hurts my heart. Randy Orton, Brian Danielson, Kevin Owens. There have been a lot of people who have said, you know, over years. You know, people that a lot of people who don't like Vincent have never liked WWE. It always kills them to hear people that they like say respectful things about Vince McMahon. We're say father figure type things when it comes to Vince McMahon. But there were obviously two distinct sides to this man that you know, at his core. I mean, as we're finding out, is is pretty evil. Is pretty evil when you stack up everything that he's been accused of from over the years and and everything that we're we're finding out. But this obviously is going to be a story that continues to play itself out, and I guess as time goes on, everybody's going to be asked about this, you know, working in the business, certainly working for WWE at some point or another. But there's got to be a better way to do it than the way John Cena did. At least in my opinion, the story seems ever alive.
Speaker 2: Meantime, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show, Mike semper vv Filthy Tom Lawler here with you. It's a Filthy Wednesday on the program. Brian Alvarez indisposed right now in Hawaii. Hopefully he's feeling better. Hopefully he'll be back with Dave Meltzer tonight for Wrestling Observer Radio after AEW Dynamite is all wrapped up and over with. If not, I'm sure Garret Gonzalez will step in and then we will hope that Brian is okay for the Brian and Vinie Show, the next one of those that takes place, so we can hear him talk all about NX in his love of the acting of Lyra Valkyria and Tatum Pasley. Filthy if we have time, We're going to get to that show later on, but there's still a lot to get into today. There's thespianism possibly on the front when it comes to Rick Flair. This was posted up to the front page of the site by our own Josh Nason this afternoon. It says The Rap reported on Wednesday that Dwayne the Rock Johnson's seven Bucks Productions. Hey, did you hear back in the day when he was struggling, he only had seven bucks in his pocket and he parlayed that into where he's at today. I don't know if you heard that story or not. He said it a lot. Anyway, He's developing a project on the life of Rick Flair. It's Johnson, his ex wife, Danny Garcia, and here I'm Garcia will they'll all produce it alongside Kevin Mischer of Michler Films. The team previously teamed up on twenty nineteens Fighting with My Family, which was a good movie, a film based on the life of aw Sorea then Paige in WWE. Flair was not named as being directly involved, and as of this writing, he has yet to publicly comment on it. Johnson gave the following statement to The Rap about the project, which had no timeline, included I'm not going to read all this. He just says he idolized Ric Flair and he can't wait to tell his unbelievable story and that he changed the game and thank you for the house Rick. While Flair has been the focus of several documentaries hold On Filthy, this will be the first time he will be depicted in a feature film, if that's what the project turns out to be. Grayson Waller actually portrayed Rick Flair on the now canceled Young Rock TV show, which was awful, as was the guy that played Rick Flair in The Iron Claw. But hey, did you ever hear that story about the Rock when we haven't seven Bucks? Did you ever hear that one before? Tom?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have heard that one. But what he fails to mention is that he also hit the genetic lottery by being the son of one of the most famous wrestling families of all time. You know what I mean? Like he was gonna get opportunities.
Speaker 3: It was possible, you know, not everybody you know? It's there was a free trip to Miami, Right University Miami. You got a scholarship there. Not too bad, not too bad.
Speaker 4: But enough talks. Enough talk about the Rock. I want to talk about you and I, Mike. We should set up a time where we can go to the theater, kick our feed up, bring in some whoo energy, maybe snack on some wings, and watch this Rick Flair biopic. Do you think Buddy Landell is going to get in there? The real nature my generation? I hope. So maybe some Scoot Andrews. I'd like to see a cameo in. They're the Black Nature Boy, Black Nature Boy, like Scoot Andrews.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you know Buddy Rogers obviously, you know I have to have them crossing paths at some point, you know where he had a short feud with Flair in the Carolinas in the seventies. They battle over the nature boy name and all that stuff. But yeah, you know him and that goofy Woo energy drink. You know, if Flair if they give him the microphone tonight. You know, people complain last week about Darby Allen and that, you know, really Rickety asked promo that he had, you know, against the Young Bucks. I can imagine if he gave Rick Flair the mic tonight, all he would do would be praised the rock and praise WWE. So if he's going to be on the show, Tony, do not give him the microphone or he will think rock profusely tonight about whatever this possible movie is going to be. But you know we just talked about in the first segment about Vince and all that stuff. The story of Rick Flair can easily be told because he's lived such a long and interesting life and he is so revered publicly by people that never really look past the surface. And if they have much like Mike Tyson, they kind of turn their other their heads the other way when it comes to any allegations or anything about Rick Flair's personal life and any shortcomings he may have.
Speaker 4: That way.
Speaker 3: Can you see this movie again, it's being made by the rock and everything. I mean, how much, if at all, do you think they get into any of that, because again, you probably only have an hour and a half hour, forty five minutes for a movie like this. I mean, what do you think this thing was? It would be about brother?
Speaker 4: You think they're gonna have Rick Flair flashing his wiener on the airplane in this.
Speaker 3: I look, here's I don't think he could. Look if you're telling the story about Rick Flair seventies Lothario, I mean, I'm sure you could have there's a possibility you could have him helicopter in around. I guess I don't. You might Brassers might have to come on board to produce the movie, But like you know, look, I don't want to I don't want to look at that movie. I say, you barely have time to tell the good things in this movie. I mean, I'm wonder how much of the bad they're really gonna tell and how again, would this is just gonna be a goofy movie. I mean, I don't know. I just can't see. As time continues to move on, do we really need a Rick Flair biopech Is that something you're that interested in?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind seeing, you know, some replays of his early times training up in Minnesota, you know, or maybe the time surrounding the fatal plane crash that he was in evolved in and has come back from that. There's plenty of people like me who, even Mike, even in their advanced age of forty, missed out on the heyday of Rick Flair. His best times were before I can even remember. So while I've seen forty years of this guy wrestling, I still missed out on the previous twenty, which apparently was his best work. So for someone like me, I would much rather see this than the page movie. H I don't know if we need to necessarily glorify a man who's been I guess. Oh, he was almost canceled, I guess in some ways, but he made his way back, much like Mike Tyson did. As you mentioned, I don't know if we need to be glorifying, you know, people like that but in the grand scheme of things, when you look at it in the vast world of professor wrestling, sadly well, he's done almost ends up on the low scale.
Speaker 3: I can't remember who said it, but somebody said, if you don't care about getting canceled, you can't get canceled. It's kind of like the case for Rick Flair. I mean, it was kind of the case for Dana White after what he did. You know, obviously, you know Vince McMahon, you know it's taken. Look, he he didn't either, considering that he you know, powered himself back to helping, you know, negotiate that sale. He thought he was untouchable too, and apparently, you know, there was a line for him. But you know, with Rick Flair, he just seems to be unsinkable. And there are always going to be people that again, never going to end up looking past the surface when it comes to Flair and any of this stuff. But you do make a really good point, because I'm trying to think of things that could be in the movie that would be interesting to both you know, people who have been fans for years and know everything about him, and people that you are trying to dragon the people that like on the fringes of wrestling, or you know, who have no clue whatsoever, the type of people that would come in and saw the Von Erics movie and I think, I guess the plane crash would be one big thing, but I think even bigger than that. We know he's adopted. We know he's born in Memphis, Tennessee, and he ends up, you know, being adopted by this doctor and his wife in Minnesota, and the only thing we know is, yeah, he goes to the University of Minnesota, but we don't People really don't know what his upbringing was like and what molded this kid to end up becoming the type of person that he was and the type of personality that he is. You know, to me, that's probably the most interesting stuff, you know, that you could probably put out there, you know, as far as a human interesting that we drag people in.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, you also have the death of Red Flair, which is a tragic story in and of itself. So there's plenty in the world of wrestling. Obviously, there's plenty outside the world of wrestling as well. When it comes to Rick Flair, a larger than life personality, a larger than wrestling personality for sure.
Speaker 3: AW Dynamites tonight, we should probably bring that up the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Bank of Oklahoma Center AW World Champion Samoa Joe, because unless they've added something here very recently, I think we're still at the same amount of stuff that we were talking about yesterday. Tom. I don't know if you had a chance to hear that show or not. Brian a huge proponent on getting some things announced for these shows out there, so the attendance will be a lot higher. I think we were talking about twenty six hundred for this show in a twenty thousand seed building there in Tulsa. But the card right now, Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I can interject real quick, guess one of the things that we've seen over the past year or two in the WWE is a big upticket attendance, right, it's a hotter product. One thing we've also seen in that time period is kind of a movement to advertising matches and then actually delivering those matches, which is a start contrast to what would happen previous to that. So it's not as if we don't have empirical evidence that points to that being a big help when it comes to selling tickets, and that's what we're trying to do here, right Mike. We're trying to grab those listeners. We're trying to get them to pay attention and invest in us. And that's what we're gonna do. When we come back from the break the range.
Speaker 5: Has your heater or air conditioner busted, appliance, broken, computer crashed, then you need an ARW Home warranty. Home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cost stress and cost you thousands of dollars per year. With an eight plus BBB rating and a top rated home warwarded company on Consumer Affairs and Trust Pilot, AARW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service coal fee. AARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing systems, and much more. Plus, AARW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, and other home tech from accidental damage in wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven eight hundred eighty six seven six nine one seven eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six, seven sixty nine seventeen. Hey airline travelers, let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help if anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about, So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 9: What would you do if you had a broken bone, You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people will do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered. So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction problem, just like you would if you had a broken bone. And with a Family Medical Leve Act, you're allowed to take time off by law and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons. You've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem. And with the Family Medical Live Act, it's completely confidential. Call now eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling of Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper Viv here with you alongside Filthy Tom Lawler, just fill in time on a Wednesday. I don't know if that's been obvious or not, but that's what we've been doing, aw Phil's time every Wednesday night on TVs. And they are at the Box Center b Oka Center in tuls Oklahoma. And as it was going through the card here, Tom cut me off there at the end, so I will read it out to you now. It is the exact same thing as yesterday Samoa, Joe Swerve, Strickland and Brian Cage against Hangman, Page Hook and Rob Van Dam. There's got to be some sort of dynamic change that takes place with like Brian Cage and Total Leona and uh Cohn at some point, I mean, at some point Nana has got to turn on Swerve or something thing. We have to have Swerve firmly in the babyface category and the rest of that crew on the heel side of things. I could be wrong about that, Filthy, I don't know. Do you think that that needs to be established more firmly because you got a Hangman Page hanging out with Hook and RVD tonight, and you know people want to boo Hangman Page if he's in there with Swerve. Do we need to get those guys situated and firmly in different camps here soon or am I just being too old school?
Speaker 4: I think you could keep Swerve and prints Nanna together. The fans absolutely love doing the dance, so I think that can you do that dance together? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Have you practiced doing that dance?
Speaker 4: No, nor will I thank you. However, I do think you should split off Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony, which are clearly a heel group, and maybe have them do the bidding for someone else. Maybe Hangman puts a bounty up, Maybe Brian Keith could try to take that bounty and fail, and then maybe Brian Cage and they gets to Agony try to pick up that money. Who knows, But yeah, I agree with you, Mike Swerve. Definitely on the baby face side. Everybody wants this guy to be their big hero, despite being a home invader, deplorable actions by Swerve, but the fans love him, so give them what they.
Speaker 3: Want exactly and look. I you know, it's I like Hangman Page, he is not exactly king of the promo. You know, they've kind of even poked some fun at that he's got this new persona, he's got this new look. He's got justification. He's got justification with all look now, granted he's never beaten Swerve, but that actually is some justification on why he hates this guy. But he should be upset with the fans for churning on him. The guy busted into his house and cut a promo over his baby's crib and left him some merch. Like you know, the fact that the fans are cheering Swerve right now, Hangman should be pissed off about and he needs to use that energy and fuel and direct it into his promos because he's kind of got the look now. But like, you know, are you just gonna be a Virginia Silas Young with with the look here and try to be badass or are you actually going to be able to pull off you know, Hangman Adam Page bad guy, which you know, it's like Roxanne Perez. You know, they're flipping her on NXT. They want her to have an edge, they want her to be crazy NBC. You know she's going about it in that NXT way as it happens. I'd like to see that happen more with Hangman Page. I don't know, we'll see. I wasn't sure if you're gonna jump in there.
Speaker 4: Now I've said my piece fair enough that.
Speaker 3: On Moxley and Claudio against FTR. Hard for me to believe that that won't be awesome. We're at least, you know, really good.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be. I don't think you can put all those elements into one match and have it not come out very good.
Speaker 3: No, and you know what, just in this I'm not making fun of ftr's height or anything like that, but a lot of times people and because it's come up on the show where people, you know, Brian will say, like people forget that John Moxley. It's like he's not a small guy. And you saw them, like those two guys facing off and Claudio's obviously a big dude too, when they had their face off last week and they were going at it. It's like it is you know, you do remember how big John Moxley is when he's throwing blows with Dax there, But you know that match is probably, as you mentioned, going to be awesome here. Women's World Champion Tony Storm is in action, as is Diana Parrazzo. That's all we know right now. We have no idea who their opponents are going to be. It could it be possible, since we've given her victory now that they trot out Queen Amanada to get beaten again by one of those two women.
Speaker 4: Actually, my guess is that Queen Amanada Go is pretty far in this roh woman's TV title.
Speaker 3: I would hope she wins it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what we're gonna get. Tony Storm said that it's gonna be a showcase of her grappling expertise to show Deanna Parazzo what she can do. So I'm not quite sure what we're gonna get Tony Storm. Her character obviously is made her career over the past six months, and I know that she did some work on the upcoming Mildred Burke film Queen of the Ring, Yeah, which will be coming out I believe, I believe this year, so we'll see maybe she picked up some tricks from that movie, and we're gonna see him tonight in the Ring.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you know who else went out for that part, or at least actually who had that part before Tony Storm did and then had to pull out.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, you've got the story wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh really, the the Charlotte Flair story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Charlotte Flair was replaced in the movie, but not by Tony Storm. It was by Camille.
Speaker 10: Oh oh god that that. Yeah, that had to be a little bit awkward. Not for me, well, you know, there was, I guess, you know, for those who do not know. Charlotte had a quite the tumultuous relationship with Brahm. I believe his name was at the time. I forget his name right now.
Speaker 4: Thomas Latimer.
Speaker 3: Thomas Latimer, thank you very much, who's wrestled in the NWA and and been around for for quite some time. There had a WWE developmental deal.
Speaker 4: With TNA for record amount of times.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, he did that be cats right end that that deal. COVID not for a while with that gift being reported. But he had a rough relationship with Charlotte Flair where there was accusations and the police being called, uh, with some fighting and all that stuff going on, and there was talk about Canille possibly getting a look by WWEE and coming on board there. But then again that ended up not happening, and it probably was the best case scenario considering I'm sure there would be an issue possibly maybe still between those groups. So that didn't happen. And that's got nothing to do with aw Dynamite tonight, which will happen at eight pm Eastern time.
Speaker 4: Bring it up on air if they give him a mic.
Speaker 3: That's if possible. But didn't he get into a fight? You know what? Now we're getting too deep into things, uh with all of that, so we'll just back out slowly from all of that sort of stuff. Maybe that'll be in the Seven Bucks Productions movie. We'll get to see what happened with any Father's Day wishes from Brahm and Rick Blair back in the day. I could have sworn and it's been made official. I guess I could have sworn this was made official months ago. Apparently it was not. We've just been talking about it and the shows have just been airing on the app anyway. But Billy Corgan has announced today that his National Wrestling Alliance will be available for streaming on the CW app and there will be a reality show that follows him around in both his public and private life. He hopes NWA's deal with the CW App helps his promotion quote show that there are other voices in professional wrestling end quote. Oh, there's going to be more quotes here in a moment, and you'll love it. NWA programming has been available on the streaming service February sixth, but an official announcement regarding the deal was made today. The NWA and CW also revealed on Wednesday that a reality show starring Corgan will debut on the app later this year. The unscripted show will focus on Qurrigan's life, family, role as NWA president, and his day job. New episodes of NWA Power are released every Tuesday on the app they've already been playing. Past seasons of the show are available as well. This time came from the press release okay quote democratizing access to action packed wrestling from some of the sport's biggest, boldest, and brightest personalities. All programming is notably available free of charge and without a subscription via the Cwapp. It represents a monumental power move for the NWA. The partnership not only amplifies the brand's presence throughout popular culture and the zeitgeist, but also sets a precedent for wrestling at large, democratizing access and a zeitgeist. What do you think about that, filthy.
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to get their SRO up or what is SEO Search Engine optimization up through the roof those terms.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they have any SROs when it comes to NWA events recently here, but I so I look again, these shows have already been airing up on the CW app and I guess it has been now we know it's been made official here and look, any I don't know how much this is going to help them, you know, but maybe they can end up with a spot because they're gonna have time to fill on the weekends. And again, I don't know how it's going to work with like NASCAR, but they are. They're picking up whatever it's called now whatever the Bush Series races are, the EXPENDEDE Series, whatever the series right under the main NASCAR series is called. Now, they're gonna have stuff that gets rained out right or you're gonna have rain delays. This seems like something that if everything goes right and the Sinister Minister is not snort and coke anymore. You know, like if they can keep literally their noses clean, like maybe the show can end up on CW proper, you know, nowhere, and maybe it doesn't get promoted that much because WWE's NXT is going to be on there. But maybe this can actually end up being a good thing for them in the long run. I mean it's possible, right, Maybe it's possible.
Speaker 4: I would think if I were a CW executive, I'd probably look towards, you know, some sort of fringe NXT programming, if I was gonna throw it into that slode, just based on prestige of the companies. You know, maybe the NXC combine you're throwing a few action packed spurts from that, maybe something a few matches from Speed. Maybe they could work out a deal there.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't do that. That's exclusive. That is that is X only your speedy matches.
Speaker 4: Oh, I apologize then, but you know, I mean it can't hurt. That's the biggest thing when it comes to the NWA getting access to the CW app. I'm good. I think I'm good with watching Billy Corgan's private life, but you know, maybe a show about his public persona would be a little bit more appetizing.
Speaker 3: Were you ever Smashing Pumpkins fan back in the nineties? Was the world a vampire for you?
Speaker 4: I recognize his skills as a musician. I don't really know what he's doing out there, but I respect it.
Speaker 3: I think the only times I've seen him Lollapalooza. He was there at that one where Pavement opened up and we went through the one in West Virginia and somebody threw a big mudpie and knocked Pavement off stage, which I'm sure Bailey Corgan must have been thrilled about. But there was that one, and then actually saw Garbage and Smashing Pumpkins right before who was it the keyboardist or the bassist odeed or whatever back And this was like ninety eight, ninety se whatever it was. But man, Garbage was awesome. Sureley Manson was tremendous. That damn it was a good group. That was a good show. Could have left after Garbage. You know, no offense, Billy this. I wasn't not a big Smashing Pumpkins fan, so we don't use it as bumper music. We got Midnight Rider, and hearing Midnight Rider means we got to take a ride to break Resting Observe alive.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vb on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back I'm showing much simper Vb. Filthy, Tom Waller here with you, filthy. Let me. I just got to ask you, where do you come down on a gas station performance enhancing supplements.
Speaker 4: I don't come down on him. I'm up and go for the whole time.
Speaker 3: Hour, yeah, hours, It just it's a.
Speaker 4: I can go for hours, but what I can't do is watch NXT for hours.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: Luckily, Luckily I do it in one hour. Can we get through it in one minute?
Speaker 3: Well? You we absolutely can, because I'll ask you, is there anything that stood out to you last night besides the immaculate acting of Lyra Valkyrira and Tatum Pasley?
Speaker 4: You know what, I was very impressed by the fact that lash Legend and Lyra Valcarria went out there and had what I believe was essentially a call it on the fly shoot contest, and especially for someone of lash Legend's experience. Brian said it a few weeks ago and I've got to agree with him after this. She has really turned the corner and improved, and there was a time where he thought she wasn't gonna get it. I wasn't impressed, but lash Legend has won me over.
Speaker 3: She is absolutely again coming along very very well about Kiria ultimately hit a flying body press to win the match. We saw where unfortunately Shatzi, who announced on her social media she's gonna be out like Piking around nine months out with a torn acl she was delivering a DDT through the ropes to the apron where she jumped down to the floor. As she did that, her left knee gave out, So tough situation there. Lash Legend had the match with Klanne Jordan right before that, which meant she was still in her year. When Roxanne Perez found out about this as the match was going on, boy was she pissed off. And this is all leading to her still going after the women's title. Tony DiAngelo sounds like we'll be going after the main title as twenty twenty four rolls on as well. Filthy A professional job you did.
Speaker 4: Sir, Thank you, as did you, Mike, and let's close it off with one more professional move take us home.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.