Speaker 1: The volume. Get in on the action with DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draft Kings Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: I am your favorite OUNC Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: He's your favorite Number eighty five, Route Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, Honoree Pro Bowler, All Pro Liberty City's Own Way of Santa Monica Junior College, Oregon State, all the Way to the Bengos. He's Chad o Cho, Senko Johnson hyphenated Risotto. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen to Nightcap through the Club Shay shaped feed, but we'd greatly appreciate it if you sign up through the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you guys again for selling out. Shay by Laportier. We pin the link at the top of the chat, but we're only taking pre orders. But Omar fourteenth, we received a shipment of about four thousand cases, so we're gonna be able to fulfill all the orders, the pre orders and any inventory that we might need to get out to you immediately. That's going to happen, So thank you so much, guys. I greatly appreciate that. Oh Joe, We're gonna get right into our first segment of the day, which is a news cap.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: RG three wants Caleb Williams to pull an Eli Manning and demand the Bears don't draft him. He said, with everything that just happened with Justin Fields, can Caleb Williams really look at that and say, this organization has my best interest in heart and they're going to do it. They're going to help develop me into the player I want to become.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with RG three's assessment.
Speaker 5: I mean somewhat, I do agree based on the way they handled the Justin Fields situation. You look at it from our organization organizational standpoint. To me, I think Caleb Williams is such an immense talent that he can overcome the shortcomings that are going on with the Bears right now, obviously the offensive editions that they did.
Speaker 4: Add I would have to have a talk with management.
Speaker 5: I would have to talk have a talk with management and what are your your two year three year plan?
Speaker 4: What's your your two year three year goals?
Speaker 5: As far as I'm concerned, as far as me being into the into the fold as the starting quarterback for the Bears, I mean it's it's very important. But then you look at it on the flip side. Let's say he does the man to sit out and wants to go somewhere else. Obviously, Eli Manning was drafted by the by the Chargers, but then eventually he went to the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: What other teams are out there that.
Speaker 5: Would be good for him that don't have the quarterback position already filled out?
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm so with any job situation. So if somebody leaves a job, I'm not supposed to take that job because they mishandled somebody else.
Speaker 5: That what you're saying, Well, I mean no, I think and I understand what Robert was saying.
Speaker 4: I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 5: Will Caleb Williams pull and do what Eli Manning did, No, I don't think so. I don't think he has the I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna the gohan's to pull that off.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Archie Manning and the history that they have with the NFL, I think it's he was able to pull that off.
Speaker 4: But I think Caleb.
Speaker 5: Williams he's going to be a bear and you're gonna have to do the best you can with and with the situation you're put in.
Speaker 1: Should a quarterback not want to go? Should a quarterback not to want to go to the Broncos consider how they handled Russell Wilson.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Because so where do we stop this? Because every point Listen, I'm a little older than you, Ojo. So I go back and study this stuff. There, we can go back and look at every NFL team and say they've mishandled a quarterback at some point in time in their history. So is that what we're gonna do because somebody got mishandled? Well, I don't want to go there.
Speaker 4: You know, it's tough, it's very rough.
Speaker 5: And the fact that obviously you know, quarterbacks are given a three year span. They're given a three year span, and these organizations need to know for the development, the confidence.
Speaker 4: And which way you want your organization to go.
Speaker 5: You have to do everything you can and put him the right pieces around those quarterbacks, especially now, and this is this in this day and age.
Speaker 4: Quarterbacks don't sit back and wait, you can there's too much.
Speaker 1: Money involved at the tail, Lady, there's too much money at the end of the road, O Joe. And partner a partner, but there's too much money four years down the line in order for you to have to wait because I'm going to have to cut somebody check for a quarter of a billion. Well, Caleb Williams, the minimum that he's gonna get, if he's what people believe the minimum he's gonna get, it's three hundred million. Yeah, So that's also why I knew he would not be going back. Well, Marvin and Junior, same thing. What the nil can pay him what he can make it?
Speaker 4: No, they can.
Speaker 1: And second of all, all you're doing is delaying a year from free agency.
Speaker 4: All you doing is is push the free agency.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna push down the road an opportunity to get one hundred and twenty five million, two hundred and forty million, one hundred and fifty million. If I'm a quarterback, I'm gonna push down the road the ability to get three hundred million dollars for me. I look at if I'm Caleb Williams, I look at they got DJ Moore, They just got Keenan Allen, they got Cole commit They Now could we go into the line going to the draft and get an offensive lineman to protect to protect Caleb Williams sure, that's a possibility now because with Keenan Allen, with DJ Moore, with your DJ Moore and Cole commit. I like the skill because I can go get me a third receiver, Oh Joe on down the line, maybe the third of the fourth round. But now I need to think about somebody that's gonna protect the investment. I don't care how much money you got in the bank, you better have some guards. You better have some security guard.
Speaker 4: To protect it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's what you need. So that's why you look at Caleb Williams. You look at him as an investment. Now I need parameters around him to protect it.
Speaker 4: You see, It's one thing for you to say it.
Speaker 5: It's one thing for you said, but or is mister Poles and the rest of the organization willing to do what they need to do to make sure they're going to protect that investment. So you get the best, the most of So you get the most that you can out of him early, so when when year three is up, you're willing to pay him without any regrets or any second thoughts.
Speaker 4: I believe they are.
Speaker 1: They also signed Jailled Everett, who they passed catching tied end. They signed DeAndre Swift running back from the Philadelphia Eagles. And look at the defense they got all pro Jalen Johnson, who was sensational Monte Sweat that they traded for and got from the Washington football team, right the commander. I think that that's where they got him from. So you're talking about a top ten defense. I'm probably possibly set now I need protect I'm gonna make sure I'm not gonna make the same mistakes that I made with Justin Fields. And sometimes, you know, we can learn from the mistakes that we made to make sure we don't make them again because we got Justin Fields, but we forgot people, forgot a situation where we needed to protect him. But he also feels made some mistakes by you know, not shifting the line one way or another. Take it unnecessary punishment, But that comes along with maturity. You learn you ain't gonna take.
Speaker 4: Too many of them.
Speaker 1: Right here under the chin, o Joe, we've all taken them, but we learned I ain't going across there no more. I might have my hand on swif I wonna know where that hits coming from. But I for me, I disagree with RG three. I understand what he's said, but we gotta be careful, try to encourage people to do something because we disagree with how situation handled before, because we can look at go back and look at it and says, you know what, they mishandled that team too.
Speaker 4: We've got that damn fun man. No, don't you know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it happens every year, especially look at the running back position, Look at running back position and the positions that NFL teams and owners don't feel are valuable anymore.
Speaker 4: Hell, they ain't handling none of them, right.
Speaker 1: Uh? Is that?
Speaker 3: How's your audio? Your microphone?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with it? You can't hear me? Huh? Hold on, you can't hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say, you sound like you in the in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: How sound now? Is it better? Hello? Hello, Hello? Better it is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, but they had to hit the button. Thank you for thank you for telling me I had the button on the side of.
Speaker 3: My They said, it sounds like you were doing the number three, A one.
Speaker 4: M or two.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, no, no no, no, I'm good. Sorry about that, Sorry about that chat.
Speaker 3: But think about it, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: They signed new office of coordinator Shane Waldron playing play calling, experience building around the quarterback, and they have the number nine pick in the draft, so they get number one pick from Carolina and they have their own number nine pick, which is top ten. So if i'd them looking at what I got on defense, I'm going offensive line. If the offensive lineman from he seems to be the highest rated offensive lineman in the draft today. Yeah. As a matter of fact, I think his daddy played with Kansas City. If I'm not mistaken, I played against his dad back in the well. I didn't play against it, but I was on the Broncos teams that played against Kansas City. I think his dad was John aut So that's why that's where I would go. That's what if I'm if I'm uh Ryan Poles, I'm going to that name, I'm going I'm good. I'm getting an offensive lineman show. I'm gonna give somebody to protect him. Now, I wish he could have got Tyler's Tyron Smith. Now I understand what comes along with Tyron because he hadn't been able to play a full season in a very long time. But those twelve or thirteen games that you are gonna get it, you're gonna be well protected.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially on the left side, especially the blind side actually right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that's what you need. So I don't have a problem. I don't have a problem.
Speaker 4: I like this.
Speaker 1: He has weapons Dj Moore, Keenan Allen, two one thousand yard receivers, Cole Comet, Gerald Everett two pants catching tight ends DeAndre Swift at the running back position. Like I said, I can go into the draft and get a wide receiver with the third or fourth round pick, but with that ninth pick, I'm going to get an offensive line. But I'm gonna get somebody that's gonna protect him because I don't know if there's anybody left in the draft that's gonna give you that kind of value where you can protect the quarterback.
Speaker 3: So I can mix a match from there.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to the first pick and I'm gonna take well, first pick I'm gonna take is Kayleb Williams. The second pick that I'm going to take is going to be an offensive lineman. Also coach Prime head coach to see you Buffs also spoke about Caleb Landing at Chicago and said said he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Like the landing spot. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I have a problem with kids coming from California for the last couple of years, right went to Oklahoma's not terribly cold.
Speaker 3: Chicago is cold.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta think about that kind of stuff when you're taking a young man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I would you good to.
Speaker 1: Know, like like see, when you take a guy from Ohio State, you bring in Chicago. Okay, I can understand that, But from California to Chicago, not only that, they added what one or two more games in the NFL seventeen games? Come on, man, you gotta factor stuff in that stuff matters, Oh Jo, If you don't mind, men, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Can you tell the people at home where Patrick Mahomes played college ball.
Speaker 4: At Texas Tech? Is it cold or is it is it cold?
Speaker 3: Or is it a hot? In Texas?
Speaker 4: It's hot?
Speaker 3: The boy where does he play football at?
Speaker 4: Now Kansas City? Boss?
Speaker 1: If you don't be ond me asking, but your quarterback, can you tell the people at home where he played college ball.
Speaker 4: At USC LSU Oh, it's about job. What you mean Carson? You said my.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, your current quarterback. But to Carson, yeah, yeah, Carson, USC and.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow played at l s U.
Speaker 1: Uls You hot let's see Cincinnati, Cole, Baltimore, Cole, Pittsburgh Cold, Cleveland cold. At what point time do we start stop making an excuse for the If the guy can play, he can play. John Alway played in Stanford, he came to Denver. Did it work out? So we're gonna So if a god doesn't pan out, are we really gonna blame the weather?
Speaker 4: Is that what we blamed it on?
Speaker 1: That? Really?
Speaker 4: I think it's just something.
Speaker 5: I think it's something just that that that you have to factor and it's it's one of those what do you call it a I call it anal, one of those antal things that that scouts look at, one of those things that owners look at, you know, they nickpicked. Sometimes they go back to elementary and find something that you did wrong in elementary and use that against you. You know, just just small stuff that really doesn't matter. And I think for a player of his caliber, Caleb Williams will be able to adapt then environment and he'll be he'll be fine in Chicago until you get them goddamn until you get them games.
Speaker 1: Guess what if you don't mind me asking, Oh Joe, do you know what Caleb Williams grew.
Speaker 4: Up at you not from You're not from l A. Washington, d C. Oh get.
Speaker 1: That right, No, it doesn't what you mean to tell me you huh. Yeah, you mean to tell me you said that and you're not Willids Scott or al Roker.
Speaker 4: You tell me to get cold in DC. Man.
Speaker 3: We gotta stop this, man, we gotta stop this.
Speaker 1: I don't like the fact that we try to build their excuses for these guys.
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm taking the guy best available. I don't give it damn way from. I don't care if he played in Antarctica and he has to come to Miami or he has to play I don't care.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care if a guy played in Texas and I gotta bring his ass to Pittsburgh. I'm taking the best guy available that I need at a position. So if I need a quarterback, I don't care. If he played on the dome he had about to have his ants outside.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be all right, He's gonna be all right, he's gonna be straight.
Speaker 3: Snows in nor take. So let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: So it.
Speaker 1: He played from d C. So it don't get cold in Oklahoma. It gets just as colding Oklahoma as.
Speaker 4: It does Texas. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I when I was at Langston and got cold up there. Now he got cold up there, of course it does.
Speaker 4: It gets at some point in time. It gets cold everywhere.
Speaker 1: He'll it get cold here sometime in southern California, and stop making the excuse for these kids.
Speaker 3: Let him play.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna pass you.
Speaker 1: You know what, Ojoe the highst one of the highest rated players on the board. I'm gonna pass him up because he spent two years in southern cal and we playing the cold weather climate. So I'm gonna pass him up, and I'm gonna take somebody else that's lesser down, that's not grated as high, but because I think he's gonna be able to adapt better than the cook to the cold weather.
Speaker 4: No, that ain't happen, you know, it ain't happening. Yeah, I played.
Speaker 1: I guess where I played, Savannah State. Guess where they sent in my black as Denver cold?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, and then it for good Man, I went to Baltimore cold cold.
Speaker 1: It is sent my black hands back to Denver. So I was okay, Yeah, I just think the thing is, Like I said, John Elway spent four years in Stamford and he went to Denver.
Speaker 4: Guy's adapt.
Speaker 3: Guys of Adapt, just like.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady grew up in northern California and he took his ass all the way to Michigan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hell, New England for twenty goddamn years.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, guys of Adapt, you understand, you understand when you signed, like, Man, I'm from the No, I'm from the South. I gotta go because guys from Guys from Florida go all the time go to Ohio State. Guys from Georgia they go all the time to Michigan, Ohio State. Guys from Alabama, South chich Hello, where the c J strive from calif.
Speaker 3: And that's where he played college ball.
Speaker 4: At Ohio State.
Speaker 3: Now why would he do that? Man, Man, we gotta stop this.
Speaker 4: It don't matter. He's gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Hell, you ain't gonna be all right all right, Like I said, it's uh, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: You know. It was cold to me.
Speaker 1: It was called it was cold when I was growing up in Georgia. But all of a sudden I make a little money. It wasn't nearly a colo it was the same.
Speaker 4: But you're a jacket. Huh.
Speaker 3: My graduate brought me a little wind breaker.
Speaker 1: You know you want well put that wind break on out there that we'd still cutting through my chips.
Speaker 4: Oh oh shoe you boy?
Speaker 1: Added again, Stephan Diggs expected to remain with Buffalo.
Speaker 4: You got damn right. Where else he gonna go? Well, where else he gonna go? That's that boy.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, he said, ready for whatever?
Speaker 1: While Diggs mysterious folks indicate their babies maybe some uncertainty, it seems unlikely Buffalo would trade its top receiver this sopseater offseason. Remember now they lost Gave Davis. Should the Bills want to keep Stephan Diggs?
Speaker 5: God, damn right, you're gonna keep Stepan Diggs, your top five achieve in NFL, one of the best rock runners there is that have ever played the goddamn game. You know Steph had a good season last year, one hundred and seven eleven eighty three yards at DS. What you mean, listen, if you let Stephon Diggs walk right as a Bills fan, as a Josh sh Allen fan, for me, what are you telling your fans the wind of opportunity? It ain't that big right, So offensively, you always fall short.
Speaker 4: You've been falling short.
Speaker 5: Who is your best offensive weapon outside of Josh motherfucking Allen. He war number fourteen. Yeah, he wars number fourteen Because of number fourteen. It opens up everything else offensively wherever he lines up. Now, what they need to do offensively and do a little better job of is finding a way to implement him more in the offense and stop allowing defenses later on in the season to take him away.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what what They covering.
Speaker 5: Digs whatever they do, and they they man the man, They roll the coverage his way. Let's find ways to getting the ball, to keep the ball moving, keep the chains moving, not just let him fall by the wayside. Then you throw them an important ball when it matters the most at times. And then that that laughs in that laughs and focused because you hadn't been touching it so long.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, Sometimes you don't make the play that he should.
Speaker 5: You know why, because I've god damn fucking cold, and I've been running a goddamn track me marathon for goddamn three quarters.
Speaker 4: Like come on, Matt, I mean, there's so many and it's it's so easy to do.
Speaker 5: It's so easy to do because for some reason, it seems other teams have figured out have figured a way to get their blessed best players of the ball throughout the entirety of the season and not allowing and not allowing team to dictate what they want to do offensively. Stephan dis ain't going to matter of fact, it's Stefan Digg's leave.
Speaker 4: I beat his ass. That's how I feel, because he needs to he needs a call. He needs to make sure, for one with Josh Allen and for one with management upstairs and downstairs that everything is okay, that we all on the same page. Well, if he stop tweeting now that tweet at that tweet got to do affection, I gotta do what read the tweet again? What the tweet said? Ready for whatever? Yeah, he talked about his next outfit. I'm telling you, I know Steph.
Speaker 5: Like I, he got it. He got his style for me. Yeah, so that's something I used to say back in back, back in like at ninety two.
Speaker 4: What's that song lyrics?
Speaker 1: I know what you meant. Stephan Diggs had over eleven hundred yards. He didn't have eleven thousand.
Speaker 5: So you know, my bad man, I mean eleven eighty three. My bad, My man, I had got excited. You know anytime receivers, you know, I get hyped.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, this is what I know about receiving, especially guys that are wired like him. Yeah, I'm gonna keep the ball out of his hands early so he'll get frustrated, and then when they throw it to him late, he gonna have a lapse in concentration and drop it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, yeah that's all.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with the same blueprint they did with to What did they do to t o early?
Speaker 4: Double it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they him get frustrated.
Speaker 5: But see, and this is the funny thing. I think teams know that. Offensive coordinators know that. Head coaches know that. So as as the coach, as a head coach of the Buffalo Bills, as the offensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills, what do you want to do?
Speaker 4: You want step to touch the ball early.
Speaker 5: It don't even have to be nothing crazy, form a goddamn smoke route, Let him touch the ball, let him feel the ball on you as a tight end. No had feels when you touch that ball early, you are locked in for the entirety of the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you feel like you were part of the game plan I did.
Speaker 1: I wanted the ball. I'm not finning, I'm not fitning a lot and say I didn't. But this is what I This is what I This is what I realized. I didn't get paid by the catch, just like I don't get paid by the word. When I'm on television, people are like, man, you don't even speak that much of undisputed.
Speaker 3: They don't pay me for the word. I get paid the day rate.
Speaker 1: So if I don't say before words, I got the same day rate if I talk for an hour straight. Yes, So the way I look at it, O Joe, you want to throw me the ball, I'm gonna crease your chance to win it.
Speaker 3: But if you don't. But guess what, O Joe, Hey, we got it.
Speaker 1: We should have got you about when they used to say, man, hey eighty four, we got to get you more involved early. I ain't say yeah, you're right. I kept walking mm hmm nine at the time because the you're telling me that, as opposed to you doing that in the time it's over.
Speaker 5: And see, this is a game. They also play chests. Stay with me real quick. This is a game also teams that play when it comes time to make business decisions.
Speaker 4: Now, what they'll do.
Speaker 5: Now if you look at Stefan diggs numbers and targets throughout the entirety of his career, again, he had a good year last year, a good year not to the terms in which I see him as, because I still see him as top three, top five, no matter what anybody says regards to what the young fellas are doing right now in the NFL, because they allow team to take him away.
Speaker 4: Now, what they're gonna do. I'm gonna tell you the games they gonna play.
Speaker 5: They're gonna they're gonna have a season, right, They're gonna have a season this year, and I'm hoping things turn around for them offensively where they don't allow team to dictate because you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna come to come to him at the end of the season. Well, you know what, based on what you're making in your stats don't line up together. You see, I'm soryingbody production and what you command as far as your salier is concerned.
Speaker 4: You know it don't go hand in hand. That's the game they like to play. Hell, you know you know what I'm trying to say. For sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know sometimes Joe, they'll come to you when you had a great year, aske Keenan Allen Keenan Allen said, I just had my greatest year talking about this and you're talking about take a pay cut.
Speaker 3: So I have a great year, you say, take a pay cut. I have a year. You say, take a pay cut.
Speaker 5: No, but again, listen, it's the business that's what.
Speaker 3: Charge you.
Speaker 4: But again, it's the it's the business side of things that I do not like.
Speaker 5: Again, Step, I know you're gonna see this. I need you to call management. I need to call Josh Allen. If you want to do a three way. You want to do a three way, you can get me on the call. I want to make sure things Okay. I know what you could do.
Speaker 4: They know what you do. The rest of the world knew what you can do. We shouldn't even be having discussions like this anyway, whether you're gonna be there or not.
Speaker 5: You give them their best chance in the regular season and in the postseason. If the goddamn organization, if the Buffalo Bills organization is serious with a small window of opportunity that they do have about not only getting to the postseason, but when in the goddamn Lombardy, you have to be part of that, and you let me know because if I need to come down at the Buffalo.
Speaker 4: But he got to start with the cryptic tweets though, But that ain't got it's not football season. It's not football season.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I noticed, teams that.
Speaker 4: Wine question his love life. They could have just.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 4: Teams that win. Do you see this in the off season? So now a man can't tweet what do he want to in office? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But this is this is I mean, I think but every year, I remember when they first lost to Buffalo, he's sitting on the field. Every year when Philadelphia beat him in the playoffs, to go to the thing, he's hitting on the field.
Speaker 4: He wanted to soak it in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: When Kansas City beat them, he's sitting there soaking on the field.
Speaker 3: They beat him again, he standing up at the start.
Speaker 1: He's doing all of this except when they throw his hands the ball laid in the ball game and he dropping.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean he didn't come up one play. He's human. He's human. He's due to make mistakes, as we all are.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, that's not what you're saying. You keep telling me he top five. He's not top five anymore. Your top five receiver.
Speaker 4: You got your receiver right now? Yeah, yeah, okay, you take it. Let's do it. CD. You taking them over, CD, you're taking the Can I say something? Can I say something? Can I say something?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: And I said I please, real quick, before you even start, before you name all the young bulls, Before you name all the young said top five, my top five still, and then you can pick whoever you want. Is still Davante Adams still number one, Stefan Diggs, and then got the Keenan Allen, and then everybody else comes along. This is what I don't like. Wait, let me finish. I'm gonna let you go. This is what I don't like.
Speaker 4: When things don't go well for the ones who are already in place, and.
Speaker 5: Those statistically, when things don't go well for them, all of a sudden, all the young bulls just overlap them automatically. When the teams that they're on aren't using the right whether it be the quarterback situation, whether it be teams allowed them to dictate what we want to do with some of our best players and the offensive weapons. So to me, to me, yeah, but you're you're basing everything off statistics, and I.
Speaker 4: Know what them boys can still tell me what the base receiver.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you why it's like that, Chase Ceedee Lamb, Justin Jefferson. Then motherfuckers is all goddamn world. They are the motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: So you take it.
Speaker 1: You taking Stefan Diggs over them based on his body broke throughout all this update your resume.
Speaker 4: This is a year to year thing. Wait a minute, it's a year of the thing. You acting like he had some shitty goddamn season.
Speaker 1: To say, do you have a better year than Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, ce D Lamb, Jamar Jay, Mike Abby's a simple yes or no.
Speaker 4: You know, my answer is not changing regardless what you have, your answer changing.
Speaker 1: All I'm asking you is that you talk about body of work. This is not when he's going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: This is about the twenties. Talk about hall of fame. I'm just talking about for me.
Speaker 5: For me, I'm thinking about the body of work that he's done from start to finish.
Speaker 4: Now, I know players might have.
Speaker 1: Had the finished it was Okay, he started from this year, from twenty twenty three to the end of twenty twenty three. We're not talking about twenty one. We're not talking about twenty two. Why are you are you?
Speaker 4: Are? You? Are?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Are? You? Do you see what you're doing? You see what you're doing?
Speaker 5: You're saying because he's you're saying statistically, because he didn't have a good season like some of the others you just named, that means he's.
Speaker 4: Not in the top five. No more. That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: So you know, company company companies might have in twenty twenty three, you might have had five companies that were on the Fortune five hundred. Okay, they drop off. You can't say what they was on the Fortune five hundred and twenty nineteen twenty twenty. I give you another example on the World's Riches people that was in the World's Riches the top five riches people in twenty twenty two. They might not be that in twenty three. They might not be. But you can't say becoming their body of work, they get to stay there.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, it's you see how we just talked about about how a team will allow offenses to take away your best threat and your best offensive weapon. Then we get into conversations like this, and you don't think that weapon is still e lead anymore because their numbers aren't like somebody else that was force fed the ball and had a better season.
Speaker 4: Oh ojo, do you see what I'm saying. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Now, everybody you name it, Hey, I can break down offense on them because them boys are legit. I just don't like the fact that, Okay, you know what, these young bulls have had a better season.
Speaker 4: Staf Upon Diggs.
Speaker 5: Now all of a sudden he drops out of goddamn top five because he didn't have it.
Speaker 4: That's how it works. No, it's not how it works. That's not how it works. I'm so few have a question. So everybody just naming betting Devonte.
Speaker 3: Adams, Davonte Adams, don't get the home.
Speaker 4: Everybody that you just naming betting Devonte.
Speaker 1: Adams in twenty twenty three, they were yes, man, she man, you tripping the numbers speak for it.
Speaker 5: So you think everybody that you just naming betting DeVante Adams because they numbers say it.
Speaker 1: I'm saying based on twenty twenty three. This is an update your resume. This is not a lifetime achievement. Let's let's be realistic. Let's put the number aside. Everyone you just named.
Speaker 5: Do you really think they're better than the Devonte Emmanuel Adams.
Speaker 4: That plays for the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 1: You could say Samuel Adams, you could say Adam and Eve. You could say Davonte Adams based on tweety three three twenty twenty three stamps. Those guys had better seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, I love I loved you to death.
Speaker 5: I love Davonte, But ain't nobody better than Davonte Adams.
Speaker 1: You don't get the hold onto that ranking just because you've had great seasons. This is a that's the one thing that we love about sports. It's an update your resume.
Speaker 4: This is so unfair. This is so unfair.
Speaker 5: But by the rules you have to play and understanding host, let me just.
Speaker 4: Stay with me now and devant that middle name is level. I know I made that ship up. I just made that about Hey, but listen, hey, listen, who is.
Speaker 5: Who is Tay Adams over there in in in Las Vegas? Who is this quarterback?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man?
Speaker 1: He had Jimmy gar keep going, Jimmy, he had ain't O'Connell.
Speaker 3: I think those the last quarterback.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's it's this is why I hate ranking players, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Kenyan, Allen Stefan Diggs, Mike Evans, Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 4: Stay with me a little bit, baby, stay with me real quick. I'm just listen.
Speaker 5: Tyreek is in the class of his own. Tyreek is in the class. But I know I said demonte Advam.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: You know how much I love Davonte God damn motherfucker brought me to tears watching his routs.
Speaker 4: Tyreeks is the class of his own.
Speaker 5: But all those dudes are worthy of being within the top five.
Speaker 4: That's why I hate. I hate when we use stats.
Speaker 5: Because you have to the game because of what we're in. But I look at it from a skilled point in understanding what they can do on the field. Now, some of the things that they're not in control of is how many times they get the ball, the targets, the receptions, the touchdown. But I know what they can do from a from a standpoint of being that I played the game and receiver and I know they still got it, and there's some things that are out of their hands, out of their control. That's why I'm so passionate when it comes to talk about them boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get what you're saying, though, I get saying. I'm not saying uh uh that DeVante Adam is dropped off a cliff, But I'm just saying, but I'm you got it. You got to go by what we see. We don't get to say, yeah, we don't get to say when this guy's a top five back. Even though they got they got twelve thirty, they got ten guys that rush for more yards, they had a better yards per carry. But I remember two years ago to dude ran for twelve thousand yards. No, we can't do that. That's the only thing that's the that's that's the numbers game that we have.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing we can evaluate it on.
Speaker 4: Right. But I just and I just I dive a little bit deeper. I dive.
Speaker 5: I like to dive a little bit deeper and understanding what these individual individuals can still do and because of things offensively, because most of everything is out of the control.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things dependent position, the wires in the dependent.
Speaker 5: Position exactly, and and it is frustrates me when we have topics. So we have conversations like this, and and I have to find ways to around the stats to tell you why they are still who they are because they are they're so relant on everybody else.
Speaker 3: But but you remember, I hate that. I get see. This is what I'm just this why I'm gonna push you back.
Speaker 1: You remember when d Hawk had seven eight quarterbacks and he was still first team All Pro.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter. They were feeding him. They were feeding him too. He gonna get it how we're eating it didn't matter.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, listen, since the sister Rose and Mary could have been that quarterback when you hit it, he was gonna eat.
Speaker 4: He getting open with everything right, animal. But did you see what they did? Yeah, they ken't feed the rock.
Speaker 5: They didn't allow anybody to dictate whether we whether he can get the ball or not.
Speaker 4: They moved him around. You gotta have that on you.
Speaker 1: But I think this sometimes, like as a wide receiver man, you get so frustrated, you running like I can imagine Davonte Ruther the chrispass route and the ball ain't ain't even nobody looking in side, or they don't sell it out of bound. They don't skipped it in the dirt? Man, do you know how frustrating it is because it's already hard to be the guy now wining clean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know what, I could sense it's frustration throughout the season.
Speaker 4: I said, film throughout the season. But he can't say because he got that C on his chest.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he knows there's more expected and demanded of him. And I love the way he conducts himself. I mean you, yeah, I mean you you're gonna have some frustration, like damn, you know you're gonna have some of that, right, But if if you just watch him, every route is run with the same tenacity. He's still trying, he's still trying to fight and scratch for yards, run after the catch. But I just think that that I just think that what did Davante finish up with this year? Because I mean you look at what he started with Jimmy g and then he had a no calm? Did Brian Hooey even taking any did somebody takes him nap?
Speaker 4: But was just him.
Speaker 1: Just to Colin jillum g. So what did DeVante end up with? He end up with one thousand even forty four? Man man, you know demn forty four, Davante said, Man, I was supposed to have that with ten games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easily, yessy.
Speaker 1: Even his first year there after he signed that big contract. Now we know what he did with Aaron Rodgers. That goes what I said. I mean, he was a fourteen sixteen touchdown game sixteen. Yeah, yeah, that was he was getting out of bed. But that's the difference when you get out of bed and you already know get off the bus. Oh you, I got twelve targets easy, Now, y'all mess around. I get seventeen targets throwing my way, but I already know I'm getting off the bus. I got twelve target coming my way. I don't give that. What y'all do, y'all mess around it? Blow a couple of coverages. I got seventeen coming my way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I get.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying. I understand because the wide receiver is a dependent position. I don't care how great you are now it helps, but if the guy can't get you the ball consistently, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: And then so that takes me right back though, Now this takes me right back. Chat y'all stay with me chat. This takes me back to the Stefan dig conversation right and in the lapses in production throughout a number of games, first five weeks, Hundrey yards, Hundy yards, nd yards, ndy yards, honey yards.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, the rest of that.
Speaker 4: What do they what do they do offensively? In Buffalo? Allowed team to dictate, you know what, we taking fourteen out the game. We don't care.
Speaker 5: Y'all gonna have to beat us with Gabe Davis. Y'all gonna have to beat us with the running back. Y'all gonna have to beat this with the tight end. They allow team to dictate whether he can and can't get the ball. When Dee Hoppers was using you know what, you know what, the Texans said, Hell, hell you don't.
Speaker 4: We don't do a fuck what you do. We're gonna find ways to move around and make sure because he is our best offensive weapon and we're gonna to utilize him in every way we can.
Speaker 5: Why can't they do that in Buffalo? Because then when you don't, then we have conversations like this. Then you have Diggs upset frustrated on the sideline because we come and have conversations like this in the offseason and think that he's falling off or he's not in the top.
Speaker 4: Five when some of the things are out of his control. True, true, I mean, but he played. Damn. I like this conversation.
Speaker 3: Shit, Okay, I'll poll right now. Best receiving in the league right now.
Speaker 1: Got fifty six percent, Justin Jefferson got twenty three percent, Davonte got eighteen percent, Stefan Digg got three percent.
Speaker 4: Right, how you left off? Yeah, how you left off? Tight? But listen, we only got This is the thing. This is the thing when it comes to football fans.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not gonna say the casual fan, because I'm sure everybody in his chat is really a football fan and been watching the game for years. But anytime something new comes along, anytime something new comes along, new, pretty little shiny toy. Oh it's my favorite. Now, Oh, that's my favorite. But I never forget, and I would never feel I will never forget again. You told me not to lean on this because you have to update your resume. I would never forget the bite that broken with some of these individuals that are a little bit older have done in the NFL, which is why I always named Keenan Stefan things and Davonte first, and then I talk about the young bulls that's cutting up now. And then when I speak on Tyreek, Tyreek is in his own fucking class. You know, you've heard me say it before. He's a fucking alien. He's not human. He's in his own class and gonna continue to break records. He's gonna continue to break records as long as he's with the Dolphins. And he had two ads his quarterback.
Speaker 1: But I would just remember what do you call it? You remember, uh that Davante had fifty yards.
Speaker 3: With Derek Carr?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we see and let Car walk like, what are we doing? Well?
Speaker 1: You don't love somebody, you know what I'm saying. I mean, nobody really embraced Car. I mean you look at a John Gruden. He was constantly yelling and snarling at him. And you know Mike Josh McDaniels, he coaches hard because he thinks everybody's paid man, and you can coach everybody does coaching.
Speaker 3: Understand it evolved.
Speaker 1: It requires you to evolve the way you coach each individual player. You can't blanket statement yell at everybody. Some guys, you got to give a pep talk. Some guys you can yell at. Some guys you gotta be funny with, facetious with. I mean, that's that's the part of coaching. But everybody just won. Well, I if I coach Tom Brady like this, because he's not Tom Brady, everybody is not wired the same, but everybody want and they kick the same everybody I coach everybody same.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I mean that's that's what makes some of the greatest coaches that are in the NFL. Understanding your player, being self aware on how to coach each player. And you can't coach him all the same. You can't talk to him all the same. Some players you say, certain ship, they cut your ass up. Goddamn man. Yeah, So, I mean it's a it's a listen. As a coach is all about being self aware of understanding who you can. But you can talk to like that and you say the wrong things. Sometimes they shut down. You say the right thing sometime to give us motivation.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you treat them all fair, you don't treat them all the same. Yeah, yeah, and you won't running the problem. But uh, it's some I mean, look, this this the era, this the Golden era. I mean, look, the league is different now, but it's the golden era of the receiver and the quarterbacks most definitely.
Speaker 4: Uh man, that was good ship.
Speaker 1: Hey, whatever happened to your boy Chase Claypool. You remember you say he was gonna be different when you.
Speaker 5: Were Probably by fucking love Chase. I fucking love Chase. Chase remind me like a brand of Chase Lounge.
Speaker 4: Huh, Chase Lounge. No, I'm talk about Chase Claypool from from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: But listen, it's all it's all about opportunities, getting the opportunity to be able to showcase what you can do.
Speaker 4: You know, the situation has been unfortunate. It was unfortunate obviously with the Bears. It was unfortunate with the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Down in Miami. Listen, you know what they got to the Miami. They they ain't got no slouches. Now, they ain't got no slopers. So he has to find a way to fit in when he gets his opportunities to make the most of them. He's still he's there, right, He's still there.
Speaker 4: Right, I guess.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing though, Oh Joe, you listen when I when when you start out, especially like you're starting out. You're not a high draft pick right now, You're not gonna get those opportunities. But when the opportunities come, you got to can You got to catch you. Yeah, you gotta make it because you the odd man out already to get with it.
Speaker 4: Like with them.
Speaker 1: He dropped that with Hey, let's go back to Tyreek. Let's go back to the wattle. Let's go back to the other guys. Now, you really ain't gonna be your You out there just getting cardio in, you out there just just running, practicing on your rock running.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna get you no rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what, it all started practice. It all started in practice. I'm not sure. I'm sure people are gonna see this.
Speaker 5: NFL players be watching the show because they be hitting the line talking to me, I want to get more time.
Speaker 4: I can do this, I can do that. You know where it started? Starting practice?
Speaker 5: It started practice and cutting a fool in practicing, always being open twenty four seven. The iron in the sky gonna lie because when coaches watched film and they see you on film, well, hell, this is somebody who can count on your number one quarterback scenes Listen we need to find a way to get him the rock because I can count him in certain situations.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I like this ship. We can talk about this the next two hours. Uh. Keenan Allen.
Speaker 1: Keenan Allen had a very blood explanation for why the Chargers eventually traded him to the Bears.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what Keenan had to say. Here's the sound.
Speaker 6: When the team asks you to restructure you after you've been with them for so long, what are the emotions they go through your head? And do you need to push them out and let them make a business decisions or yeah?
Speaker 4: It really there was no emotion. It was I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. It came off my best season.
Speaker 1: So it's not happening.
Speaker 5: Short and sweet. I ain't need to say nothing else, man, stop trying me. Don't play with my top. You mean you want me to take a pay cut and I just had my best season?
Speaker 4: Bad season for who? No, I don't do that.
Speaker 5: They always talk about loyalty, Ah, I mean, child, Please, Hey, Kenny, I know you're gonna see this, but I'm I'm staying with you too, boy.
Speaker 4: You the you, the best boy. You're one of the best runners they ever God damn laced them up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: But you ever seen keenan Eller run raps? Oh yeah, for sure. Absolutely. We talk about somebody can put them up and put him down. Huh, he'll take it left and bring you back right. Well, that's the fun.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: When they say loyalty, tell them I'm the most loyal person money could buy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about. Listen, listen, you know you know my favorite phrase.
Speaker 5: Loyalty is nothing but a word in the dictionary between opportunity and convenience.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's it, That's all it is.
Speaker 5: And I know were on the football topic, fellas, ladies that go for y'all t Fellas understand, women are always screaming that loyal or I'm so loyal.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: As long as as the opportunity and the opportunity is convenient. Who the fuck ain't gonna be loyal? But anyway, back to goddamn football, Hey, San Diego San Diego Chargers, LA Chargers, don't ever try that like that.
Speaker 4: You already lost Mike Williams. You lost Mike.
Speaker 5: Letting go now you're telling your best route runner. They just had his best season statistically. To take a goddamn pay cut shouldn't be all right, Jim Harvall, Wait is it Jim?
Speaker 4: Jim Jonathan Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, Jim, Jim, don't don't play with my dog like that. Shoot, that was Jim's call too. Jim run the show, sure, yeah, Jim, run the show.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: A lot of them guys had to take pay cuts. I think Khalil Mack had to take a pay cut to stay. I think Joey Bolts they had to take a pay cut to stay.
Speaker 4: And they said, yeah they did. Hey, you know what I think they did. They think they slicked. They probably ain't taking no pay cut, you know they did.
Speaker 5: They took some of the money on the back end and push it up forward them put into a signing bonus.
Speaker 4: So he probably ain't really restructure nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, don't worry about it. As the forty nine of my tinger with the books and don't have the thing, don't have it right, you lose draft picks. You better have because when the NFL come in there Keenan Allen had one hundred and fifty targets. He had one hundred and eight catches, twelve hundred and forty three yards, seven touchdowns, So this was one of his best seasons. He had a career high in catches, the second most receiving yards of his career, and the second most touchdowns of his career. So when he says statistically he had his best season with the exception of yards and touchdowns, he did he had the most catches of his career, the second most yards, second most touchdowns. So I can understand why him not wanting to take a pay cut, because I can see, you know what if I play, if I you know, caught seventy balls. Okay, you know what I'm playing, making thirteen fourteen mils, I can see that. I doesn't mean I have to, but I have to weigh the landscape, ojo. If I take a pa cup from what the given, if they say, okay, fourteen to the little speet for our blood, we can do somewhere around ten. We're given an opportunity to make make it around eleven, make it around twelve, but we need to knock some money off.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 3: Now I got to weigh the landscape. Is there's somewhere else I can go.
Speaker 4: To get this right. Yeah, well he found it.
Speaker 5: Shit, he found If you know what I would do, I wish for God if Chicago Bears, anybody in the Bears organization, if you see this, I'd pay money when it come to training camp. I paid money to see the one on ones with Jayalen Johnson and Keithan Allen.
Speaker 4: I pay money for that. Man. You remember remember the and one mixtapes? Yeah, there are two people.
Speaker 5: Is it Hot Sauce, the one that had the crossover Sauce. There are two receivers in the history of the NFL that run their routes and get off the line like they playing basketball, Stevie Johnson, mm hmm. And I ain't never seen nobody else do it like that. Now, they the exact same movement like they're doing a crossover and will rout your ass up and still go and still get open it within the time and of the offense.
Speaker 4: That ship is a sight to see.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but when you you definitely you put Keenan in that slot.
Speaker 1: He gotta he gotta, he got a two way go cause you know, you know you're gonna start you on that drive back down and come back or you're gonna whip you.
Speaker 3: He's gonna start out, they come back in.
Speaker 4: Well, he go hey, he gonna hop yeah, hit you with the heads. Yeah, so nice.
Speaker 1: Congrasts the Keenan back to your uh Davante and people say, well, Davante left a Hall of Fame quarterback and Aaron Rodgers and he didn't. He looked at Jeorde Love. Look what Jordan Love became. But you do understand he's making twenty seven twenty eight million dollars a year. It's seven million now in Green Bay. I don't know what the state tax is that state tax in Wisconsin because now there ain't no state taxes in Vegas.
Speaker 3: So that's six to twelve percent, So that's somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now he's putting in a pocket in two and a half million, three billion dollars in his pocket that would have been going to the state for taxes.
Speaker 3: So over the life of that contract, he gonna hold on the fifteen million.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like it too.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about getting up out of here. I'm at the back. I'm packing my bags as we speak. As you give me the evil life, Wen, you can move. You're in a movie just you talking about you just going to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna get a out of here. Fourteen percent state taxes, I got that.
Speaker 5: Hey wait, wait, if you worry, if you worry about not paying state tax, you might have come down.
Speaker 4: Here to Florida.
Speaker 3: Nah, I ain't gonna come out of Florida.
Speaker 4: Why would you go to Vegas? And when you can come to Miami? When when I need to be closed to Cali? Well, what's the cat? Oh? You got Oh? I know what you mean. You got something in Cali?
Speaker 1: Huh No, but you do realize like flood Shasha and shooting Gas, it's easy for me to just jump on the plane and get thirty five minute flight.
Speaker 4: Okay, my bad, I thought you was told about a woman. My bad, bad, sar, Hey, listen, I know it's somebody, because I bet you've been and you've been blessed. He in the seven percent break.
Speaker 1: He in the seven percent backe, so ten percent of been two point would have been two point seven. You're making twenty seven million. He is seven percent, so he's probably pocketed.
Speaker 4: Two or seven.
Speaker 3: So seven five half of that is one point three five plus two, So.
Speaker 1: He's probably pocketing one point five million, one point seven million. You can live with that. I mean, just think about that. Somebody gonna cut you at you So that's basically at the end of the year. Oh your this hair, here's an extra one point seven million to what you made. See when you put it like that, you're like, damn yeah.
Speaker 4: Like when you put it like that, everything come full circle and it makes sense. It makes sense. Matter fact. Hey, you're up and down with like about with that thing on? Ye with what boy? Seven? Now you're talking now, now you're talking. Hey, anybody in the trop you know what tru mhmm. Hey, Hey where Jayleen Johnson from? You know where Jayden Johnson from?
Speaker 1: Chat?
Speaker 4: Anybody know where Jayden Johnson from? I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, check y'all, y'all send Jayen Johnson a message for me on on on Twitter. Tell him when when he ready to get some work in hum, I'm assure him how to earn that paycheck before the season even start.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he even cover me, Joe. But here is the thing, this is, this is why, this is where I like him.
Speaker 5: That's my little my little nephew too. Oh Johnson, Yeah, that's adult looks yeah, little jaylen Ship.
Speaker 4: I raised him. I raised him. I used to babysitting by. I used to baby city. What damn you should know where from then? No, I did. He moved. He just got paid. You know. He ain't in the same place no more. Oh okay, my bad.
Speaker 1: Uh. The problem that I have with teams O yo, that when I want to come in and redegotiate my deal, you say, well, you signed the contract. But when they go on to tell me to make a pay cut, when they when they when they want me to take a pay cut or reach or release me structure, I ain't signed no contract. Well, damn my name on that contract that you said. I couldn't renegotiate up but you can, right, Yeah, that's that's my That's my only thing. I ain't never held out for no more money. Well, I mean when I held out in ninety two, I didn't have a contract and they offered me. I mean I was making I went made from sixty I mean seventy four. They offered me one twenty five. I was like, damn, that's still that's like fifty plus thousand more than what I made. He was like, nah, we can get more with the two hundred and nah, we can get more. I was like, I don't know, man, damn two hundred thousand. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like nah.
Speaker 1: Then with the two twenty five, it's like, hey, I think we can squeeze another I think we could squeeze another fifty to seventy five.
Speaker 4: I said, lady for you. Man showed up.
Speaker 3: Hey, I showed up to camp with no with no contract.
Speaker 4: You showed up anyway.
Speaker 1: I showed up anyway. Man, Hey, I hat man, I got Hey, I need that money. Yeah, I hadn't got that call. I had I had one on the way.
Speaker 4: What you talking? You ain't got time to play that? No, not when you get that phone call, you ship Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Kenny Piggy says he's confident in the way he handled the Russell Wilson situation.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what Kenny had to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think the communication, you know, is what it is. It was behind closed doors, you know. I'm I'm confident in the way that I handled it. I handled it the way I should have handled it.
Speaker 4: You know. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 7: It worked out so well that Philly was the place I had in atlant again, So I think everything happens for a reason, and you know I was supposed.
Speaker 3: To be okay, Oh Joe, what do you think about that situation?
Speaker 4: I mean, for me, if I was a quarterback, I like I like Kenny Pickett. I like Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 5: I had an opportunity to meet him at a mad event I was doing where all the rookies were getting their getting their rookie ratings, and he was cool as hell man, cool as head.
Speaker 3: Too high whatever you gave it was too high.
Speaker 4: Nah, listen, I ain't finish disrestractments to picket like that. But you know, I.
Speaker 5: Hate that things didn't work out. I hate that things didn't work out. But obviously with Big Ben leaving, and you already know, those are big shoes to field as far as consistency is concerned. The swer Bowl winning quarterback, and if you're drafting someone as a successor the goddamn Big Ben, you're expecting him to pick up with Big Ben left off. And it just didn't pan out the way it should have, especially from an offensive perspective. The identity went from it being their offense as it once was, where the identity went flipped back to the defense and until they get the quarterback situation figured out, the Pittsburgh Citis would be back to I don't know, I don't know. I don't know the word to use. Because their identity had been their offense for so long with Le'Veon.
Speaker 4: And and they changed.
Speaker 1: They were no longer a defensive team. They were being led team. You know, when they had Ben and ab and a lot of those other wide receivers. Uh uh, you know, they had Emmanuel Sanders, they had Martabia's briant, they had.
Speaker 3: Mike what was Mike Mike Wallace?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: You see, you could see the transition starting to happen.
Speaker 1: They had become more relied on Ben throwing this football around, and the defense is kind of taking a step back because a lot of their money was on that side of the football. But I think now Mike Tommy wants to get back to what they were when they won the Super you know, won that Super Bowl. Although they had started a transition then right that second thing, Yeah, the first the first being Super Bowl, there were defense, they still could get after you.
Speaker 3: But when they went back and lost to Green Bay, you had start to see.
Speaker 1: The little shift shift as far as from offense from a defense to an offensive base team, and then after that it was all offense. Ben was spreading the ball around for you know, four thousand and five thousand yards, routinely ab leading the league and catchers.
Speaker 3: Up there in yards so we could see where they were.
Speaker 1: But I think they want to get back to running the football, playing to their strength, which is their defense.
Speaker 3: You know, you got t J. Watt, You got Hot Smith, Uh got Patrick Quinn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got Minka Fitzpatrick. You got Joey Porter Junr. On one side.
Speaker 4: So I like I like him. I like him. Matter of fact, anybody know Jorery Porter Jr. Let him know. I want that work with his ass to an offseason. Don't run and I'm gonna do it like I used to do your daddy. Oh Lord, have mercy. Yeah, hey, why I used to fuck Joey Port up? Huh yeah I believe? Yeah, no, no bullshit, bright Comet rolled up. I don't know if you've seen this. I did. I didn't see it, So whatever it is, I'm I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Fans roast Texans new uniforms.
Speaker 1: Houston, Texas showed up their new role uniforms after redit leak and Cal McNall confirmed the team's new away look after a photo leaked online.
Speaker 4: NFL fans rose to the new.
Speaker 1: Threads how much do players actually care about the uniform aesthetics?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I think players care a little bit, a little bit, a little bit because the uniform is uniform.
Speaker 1: Skilled players care a lot. Offensive line don't give a damn here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, offer the line they take you care less, but they're there if they were. Let me see if I think about office the lineen that would care about the uniform.
Speaker 4: I can give you three. Aaron Donald cares about his uniform. That's a d live one. Yeah, Trent, Okay, I'm just saying, okay, okay, okay, Hey Trent Williams, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Heres about his uniform? And and what's the d tackle from from the Patriots be dressing his motherfucking ass off. Yeah, he cares about his uniform. You can tell by the way they the way they dress, not got off the field about on.
Speaker 1: The field, off the field, all them, I mean a D with threads down, gotcha. I think that's how you said his name.
Speaker 3: He at fashion shows in Paris and the Milan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and them boys don't play but I think the stield don't care the most quarterback. I don't think quarterback give it damn. But the running backs and the receivers are the worse. Yeah, they really care about the uniform. So whatever uniform we do have, they will find.
Speaker 4: A way to look the best they can with their own swag or drip as we call them.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, I think the quarterback for the most part, they built bad anyway, So anything will look terrible.
Speaker 3: Anything gonna look terrible, go look terrible, little dip.
Speaker 4: So idiot is what it is.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, but why but but but you know obviously the wide receivers and and and and the running backs.
Speaker 4: The dbs, a live dbs really kept Yeah you look good, you play good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cause you know we used to come out there in pregame have our socks rolled down.
Speaker 4: We all, you know, we all we all greezed up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know, yeah you need to push up. Yeah, yeah, you know yeah yeah yeah. And so you don't have but everything because back, you know, I need my money back because all that money that y'all find me in a g Aaron Glenn he and I was like every week, hey, a G man, they got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah sharp, they got me to five.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A G was Yeah, I'm older than a G. But he was in the league when I played.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, AG covered me when he when he was with the Jets or with Houston. I think maybe either with Houston went against a G a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so, uh, you know any time, oh Joe, they tackled, they expect me like, oh man, I socked down, pulled my sock up. Man, stop, I played a football game. You're going to be brushing dirt off me and pulling those socks.
Speaker 4: You know the NFL find you for that. You know that, right your Oh so you know they got oh yeah, they got me like that multiple time. Remember remember when I played nine, Remember we had to have black and white shoes. Face, shoe had to be black with the white lining. He din't go my my retarded.
Speaker 3: Ass, I had arms word just say a little slow.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I was on my bad off. If I find anybody in the chat, I apologize, okay. As slow as I was, I didn't follow the rules. You know, I had on orange cleats, I had on gold cleats, the Massim, the Maxima grill at the time.
Speaker 4: I just took the fighting. I ain't even care.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, one of the reasons this is funny, you probably on the chat y'all probably don't know about this.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 5: I had to beginning to find so much to a point on when I got to about year six. This is how Roger Goodella and I became so close. If I knew I was doing something, if I knew I was wearing the orange chin strap, I knew I was a black chint strap as you as you can see some of the people time I would send the fine money in, I would beat the NFL to the punch before they get send the fine, before they get send that fine letter on Monday, the check had already been sent out throughout the week. Yeah, I had already paid the fine, so it was no need to take it out my check. And I think that pissed them off so much that I would pay the fine ahead of time because I knew, listen, I'm gonna do something. I don't know what to do, but I'm gonna send you this money a little early, yes case, so you don't have to waste your time sending no FedEx to Paul Brown Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had my last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Well, you can only have two colors, so you could you can have like I could have purple and black, or I could have orange and blue, but that means or orange and white.
Speaker 4: So I had you could.
Speaker 1: You couldn't have three colors on your cleats. So I had to take the tongue on my cleat because the tongue was red. It was an orange when I was in Denver, and then it was I think it was I think it was like white. But and you couldn't have lettering. You couldn't have like that big flake. I'm like, come on, man, looking down there and that. But they got the uniform police out there that you remember who your uniform police was. Hey, David Folcher was my Remember David Folch.
Speaker 4: I do no food, plenty food.
Speaker 5: But you know how many you know how many fans I got because folks he had the right, he had to write it down them and they see me wearing a stream of towl, wearing that long ass stream it was wearing, yes, and the orange ce so you know, sometimes depend on what our uniform was. I changed a chin strap after orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wearing black.
Speaker 1: They won't let you do that because I remember I used to have a blue I used to have a blue chest strap, and they're going back to look, my helmet is never my helmet.
Speaker 3: Like two of my chest straps, I mean the buck snaps are flamming.
Speaker 4: Hey, I always kept the right one loose.
Speaker 3: I kept both of loose.
Speaker 4: Oh man, there was some days, man, David Folter costs me a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And no, I didn't wear a mouthpiece.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, listen, I ain't war on mouth piece because I can't talk. I can't talk, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: All that.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't had your hand in the dirt. You don't snapped somebody upside the head in the ass. It could, y'all paimodass. And I'm gonna take the mouth piece out of my mouth. I wish I might because I got something to say. I need to say it right there. I ain't got time to take no mouth piece out. Sorry, mofolks. All right, sap, I ain't gonna beat you with the mofolks. I said, well, you that one, y'all need you to be another one, but you that one?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. I don't know if they let them talk like like we used to talk.
Speaker 4: You think. No, you mean, did anybody talk the way we talked back then? Yeah? Oh hell no, oh absolutely not. No.
Speaker 5: We have some we have some entertaining figures. We don't have an outgoing personality the way you and I were. I'm talking about outgoing leading up to the game, in the game, and understand adding the pressure that comes with what you say and everybody gunning for you, they trying to hurt, they trying to keep they trying to knock your head off, but you still go out there and produce it.
Speaker 4: At the same time, we don't. We don't like that.
Speaker 5: We have some good some good dudes that are really really good at their craft. They just don't have that dynamic personality to go with it. Now, if they if they would have added that sauce and that personality the game, oh my goodness, they won't.
Speaker 4: They won't let you. They won't. They're not. They're not gonna let you play like that.
Speaker 5: O yo, man, listen, and during this time in this social media area, if you add that dynamic personality to it, oh my goodness, boy, it'd be crazy.
Speaker 4: They're not, Oh Joe, they not.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna let you play because back then, you know you say, some guys really try to take your head off. So everybody, you know what I'm saying. Even if you wasn't getting the ball, Oh Joe, you know back then, when you.
Speaker 4: Didn't get the ball, you ain't have to get the ball. God a buzz by you and let you know, yes, and they will let you know yeah yes.
Speaker 1: But nah, they don't. They done took the intimidation to talking part of it. So I don't really know how much they talk anymore. But it's they It's a different game. But the guys are playing at the extremely high level. I still love watching them play. I don't care what if they hit or not hit.
Speaker 4: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: So you gotta play with the rules that that that governs you at the time in which you play. So we had the rules that we had. I'm sure the people in the seventies say, man, y'all don't even play football no more. And then people in the fifties and sixty said the same thing about the guys in the seventies in the eighties, and the guys in the age of the ninety said the same thing about the guys that are two thousand men beyond.
Speaker 4: So it is what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the game is changing, and you know it's funny. You know the fact that you know, I work out inside the NFL. So when you speak about the talking, they still talk. They do because I can get to hear all the wired up stuff. Okay, yeah he said it ain't the same though, they do talk.
Speaker 4: They got Damn Met Crosby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I met him, I mad him. I met him at the Bowl, I made him at the Super.
Speaker 4: Bowl this year. I like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like him a lot. Yeah, I like him a lot. Can kind of remind I don't know, if you played against him, Jared Allen, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he reminded me a lot of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, damn Max Crosby.
Speaker 5: Just it's just it's Patrick m Patrick, Patrick Quin, Oh my god, Patrick Queen, keep saying McQueen, Patrick Queen.
Speaker 3: Steve McQueen, Alexander.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah he talked Rohan rochron Smith Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, yeah, hey.
Speaker 4: Oh man, they wired up.
Speaker 5: I'm somebody. It's funny. There's some of the other players that always wired up. It's always that that politically correct talk because they know they miked.
Speaker 3: Up ain't you know what you don't say? Yeah, that way it miked up. We move forwarded s O B in the whole.
Speaker 4: Wow, so we got because we don't want to beleet every delete. Please listen, Oh man, it might have miked up. There was so fun.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm out there talking about everything. It ain't got nothing to do with football. I'm talking about how your mama man had her family, everything good, h staying in some good memory