Speaker 1: What's up. You're off in God's Country with Red Day, also known as the Brothers Hunts, where we take a week to drive to the intersection of country music and outdoors, two things that go together, like Amanda Serrano and Katie Taylor a big fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I can't do the beat and talk at the same time. Michael b Heney on the same rhyme dropping here and seeing may Pie in a little bit.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Good if you brought it to your brought to you by me, eat it in our Heart podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take it back. I don't remember what happens after that. Take the beatback. Yeah. We're coming to you live from some God's Country studios, and we're doing things a little different today.
Speaker 2: I'm going, oh, here we are because we got canceled on with ten minutes before.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 3: It's all good. Happens has people got to cancel.
Speaker 1: Them, We're gonna have to go back. He's a buddy of ours. Yeah, sure, buddy. We're doing things a little different, a little different set up.
Speaker 3: If you couldn't tell by the rapping, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have some some video calls, some some rut reports, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of rapping today, a lot of wrapping, a lot of bad rapping, freestyle.
Speaker 1: Uh some c m A predictions from some from somebody who knows more industry insider, industry and breaking news.
Speaker 3: It's not the one I hear like, nobody knows what we're talking.
Speaker 1: About speaking of, I know I said about that. Are we uh freestyle? Yeah, we're just freestyling right now. I don't know what we're doing. That's what happens though. It's it's an entertaining day. Yeah, did you see that fight?
Speaker 3: I watched the whole thing. I did not watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I'd have been real mad if I had paid for it and I was gonna pay for it to watch it, you were, Yeah, just because it's like something and I'm mad. I'm mad that I would have paid for it because like used to those like the biggest boxing matches in the world were Tyson and holy Field or Tyson and Lennox Lewis, and like those were heavyweight title fights that you paid for and you got every penny, were it was worth every penny.
Speaker 3: It's a little scammy kershew.
Speaker 1: Now it's like, yes, it's the Now it's the what are they called influencer boxing and all that stuff, and I hate that that fight. It was the biggest fight that night, and there were probably other fights. I will say the Katie Taylor the featherweight with Barrios and Ramos was.
Speaker 3: A great fight. He has a funny name, Mario Barrios.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then Katie Taylor and a Mansano fight female or not, that was one of the best. That was the best, one of the best fights I've seen.
Speaker 2: You know what reminded me of I got I got two cats, Reba and Martha, okay, and they throw flurries like that. I mean it was just like punches and punches on top of punches, and they were just taking it.
Speaker 1: Two different two different kinds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I filled that giant gash over both the south Paul.
Speaker 1: So there she's banging, They're banging heads and cutting each other and uh it was.
Speaker 3: It was a rumble.
Speaker 1: But just the way Serrano those are those are considered two of the greatest female boxers of all time. I mean I could see it and they hold like like I mean the Serrano holds the belt in two weight divisions lower. Katie Taylor has like three belts.
Speaker 2: I thought Serrano took the fight. If you want to know the truth. I think I feel like the judges messed.
Speaker 1: Up on man. I don't know, dude, I don't know. Maybe that's because I want some money on Katie Taylor, but I don't know that. I don't know that Sernto won. I mean, she's a more like flashy fighter and she's gonna she three more punches. She threw heavier punches. But the but Katie Taylor's just like you're saying, like Katie would take and then just throwing combos. Yeah, it was that we're connecting and it was. It was awesome. I'm not even gonna talk about the Jake Paul Tyson thing.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 1: It was tough to watch. I think I think nobody wanted to seem knocked out in Cluton. Jake Paul, I honestly think they probably met before him, were like, Hey, let's make forty and twenty million dollars right here and dance around the ring for sixteen minutes and scam everybody.
Speaker 3: Scammy Sosa.
Speaker 1: And they did. They did scammy curse, and they're going to do it again.
Speaker 2: It's happened over and over and over and over, and it's going to happen again.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't pay for it. Don't pay for just catch the YouTube clips the next day.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for hanging out. This is gonna be a fun episode. Got a couple of video calls. We talked, some deer hunting, talk, some music.
Speaker 3: Go follow us, yep, go five star rating.
Speaker 1: Please comment, go uh yeah, leave some leave some comments on the stuff. Tell everybody out. We send us some dms. It's because of you, guys. We get to do this for real. We we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Anything else, that's it, man, thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: What you.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good? Yeah, decent. I'll tell you what I'm mad at, man. I am mad.
Speaker 2: At people who continue to micro zoom in on fruit to show us what bugs live on it.
Speaker 1: Before that is a good one. Stop doing that. I think almost said FDR. You think RFK is gonna gonna get bugs.
Speaker 2: On no man, But I'm just telling you, like I don't want to see the micropods that crawl around behind the seeds of my strawberries.
Speaker 3: Dude, it makes me not even want to eat them. It makes me not even.
Speaker 1: You on them.
Speaker 2: You man, I don't know we're supposed to eat anymore. Stop doing that, man, Stop zooming in on food, Bros.
Speaker 1: And stop ROAs man. First of all, let's talk about what kind of camera you have to have to micro zoom into.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. There's so much misinformation out there just about.
Speaker 1: What are they? What's crawling on our fruit? What is anything? Is it just deployed insects?
Speaker 2: Because I'm gonna taso something, I'm gonna tell you something right now. The reason I don't like condiments and ketchup is because when I was in the kindergarten or first grade or something, they were showing us where tomatoes come from. And it was a documentary style thing on the classroom projector, and I remember them saying, we take the good tomatoes and we wrap them in cell a pane and sell them in stores. We take the bad tomatoes and we turn them into ketchup. And it was like they show the larva of flies and stuff on the tomatoes.
Speaker 3: And now I can't I can't smell.
Speaker 2: I squirt it out from my kids, and it's still gross. Still gross. Anyway, Stop zooming in on food. It's one of those things that I'd rather not know.
Speaker 1: That's a good one that might be my food.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: If you're playing me. Please don't let us show.
Speaker 3: Let a showgirl.
Speaker 2: Can't take it anymore, effusic, Ben, Please don't let us shine.
Speaker 1: Don't let it show. Let us show.
Speaker 2: I don't want to stop zooming in on our food all the time. I'd rather not know and just think that I am eating things that are clean. I'm not sure stop zooming in on my food anymore. This is the freestyle on the podcast. Yeah, it's time to throw it back to when I just keep going off of tone.
Speaker 3: Now I'm passing it to read.
Speaker 1: So, hey, guys, I'm sitting here at God's Country, just sitting here tuck about music. We're in the podcast studio and my.
Speaker 3: Brother yo studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, it's been a while since i've that was very white, unarrhythmic rap. Bugs on your food. Gross, stop showing me, you know what. I'm glad at what. I'm glad that the sunflower seed game has come to a point where we're trying just whacky flavors. Yeah, I'm on a I'm on a sunk flower seed kick. I have been for like six months now. I the other day I don't even know where I was, but you showed me this brand called BIGS and it's like the only it's like they get rid of the sea. Later on the small ones. It's the big crunchy. Uh some flower seeds in the middle.
Speaker 3: I've an experiment.
Speaker 1: They've got a Taco Bell seasoning and it is gas. Dude, really it is gas. So I mean like they have like what ranch now, pickle deal, pickle all this stuff. But if you if you run across the Taco Bell seasoning big some flower seeds get them, and then it's gonna make you stop at Taco Bell and get a cheesy, good to crunch.
Speaker 2: I wish I could remember the one. You remember the ones I had that were the less.
Speaker 1: Salt Yeah, it might have just been like the less salt ones, yeah, but it was a specific type. They're good. I'm really glad that wasn't were at that point it was.
Speaker 3: Uh so anyway, go ahead, son.
Speaker 1: What are you what are you googling? We're done with the sunflower seeds segment?
Speaker 3: I know, but I want to put them on. They make sponsors.
Speaker 1: Oh which Big would sponsor us? Those are gas quick googling. Let's just get back into the podcast, Okay, we uh Current Deer status. Uh, that's what we're gonna We're gonna go over first with you guys.
Speaker 2: Chinook Chinock Seedery, that's who it is. So they're uh yeah, Chinuk Seedery sponsorous. They had this like this one gon that was it was like, uh, garlic or something. Man, it was so good. Anyway, Chinook Sponsors.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: We love your seeds.
Speaker 1: They're not the bigs.
Speaker 2: I love bigs too, But the salt content on the Chinook is very is a lot lower than what the other stuff is.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. We were supposed to have a guest here, but uh that didn't work out. So we're free styling, free styling right here off the dome. Dan doing a bro episode. We're gonna be talking about deer hunting music to settle in and chooses it us as we talk about things that we want to cool. Oh man, oh practice Dan, what you did doing that your place? I'm just kidding. Hey, we know we had a conversation last night that is pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're November eighteenth. You've kind of seen. Here's two reasons I have Facebook. One is marketplace. Two is to watch Tennessee deer Hunters and see the Facebook page and see where, because you can watch that Facebook page and see kind of where the rut is going on in interesting and what counties it's in, and it's kind of moved from it's always the same thing, like north especially northeastern northern Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Southern Kentucky goes.
Speaker 1: They start first big deer pictures, big deer pictures. They're posting a ton of trespassers, which is hilarious, but they also post like their trail camera pictures of like, oh man, y'll see any red activity here here here, so you can kind of keep up with it. And we're getting down to it's like South Mary County, Wayne County, Hardin County. We're in this. We're in almost the third week about to be rifle season in south or actually across the whole state of Tennessee, and it feels like we're there. And we were talking about last night. I sent a picture to Dan. We were going over some trail camera pictures and there's a new deer that showed up on your place and I was like, this is a cool deer, and you were like, man, isn't it crazy how just a whole new crop of deer kind of can leave your your bucks can leave, and then a whole new crop of deer roll in. I mean, and all it is is that deer's rolling around like deers rolling around checking dose. Yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had two ten points nightly, daily and nightly when I'm sorrying so politely enough of.
Speaker 1: That, and that other one was pretty good that I did.
Speaker 3: And they're gone, dude, Like I haven't seen a picture. They're gone. They're gone.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they're not gone. Goffully, They're not shot gone. They're just chasing dose and not doing the look at me thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and and the thing is in in where we hunt in southern Tennessee. It's not there yet. It's not no, it's like it's just I saw my picture last night of a buck like walking around like dose coming through the food plot and then and then bucks coming through the food plight.
Speaker 2: So Loddie, I'm gonna say his name, but you'll know who it is by this voice called and left me a voicemail and said, hey, Dan, I'm just calling to let you know need get in the woods in Wayne County here. Pretty soon they starting to do it. They starting to do it. Yeah, that's our guy, Okay, yeah, okay, ride flying up burn in private jets. There goes Dawn with his long hair. I've seen it from down here.
Speaker 1: He would know.
Speaker 3: He knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he's the perfect Yeah all right, so uh see, yeah, man, I'm out. We're gonna do some hunting this weekend, and then Thanksgiving week is next week, and that is that is when it's and when it goes down. Man. And I've heard I thought, this is one of the things I've I've heard this year that is super interesting and been to me. And it's kind of holding true. Is that you're gonna hear people say, oh, well, there wasn't a rut this year, or the rut is a is a week late, its two weeks late. Yeah, it does. But there have been tons and tons and tons of reports. There's ample information to say that in your area, where you hunt, on that farm, whatever region, the rut is going to take place within three to five days every year at the same time. So I always like have looked back and been like, oh, when did I keep when did I see this? A mature five year old chasing a dough. That's that's when it's happening, man. That's when it's happening.
Speaker 3: South.
Speaker 1: I mean we're in it, you know, right in our area and other places. So get in the woods. It's happening the time you wait for all year, lung is happening.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being in the woods, we had a listener reach out and was strictly listening to our podcast only because of the country music aspect and through the brutal education that we give of hunting and what how much it means to us.
Speaker 3: It kind of I'm just gonna say it, dude, this.
Speaker 2: Is like a humble brag. I'm pretty cool hunt on the pod. Humble brag. Uh took up, decided to take up hunting. He went and got his license, he did hunter safety, He borrowed a gun from his brother, correct and he went and.
Speaker 1: Did hunter state like did not have it high. How cool is that?
Speaker 3: I know, man, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's his name, Tad Tatum. Shout out, great name if you if you're wearing a deer hunter and had the name Tad Tatum and now you're a deer hunter and that's a that's.
Speaker 3: A great deer hunting.
Speaker 2: And look to all of those who are hunters and have tagged us in your kill picks and wearing merchants stuff.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. You guys are valued as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep doing that, keep sending us these stories like this one. Have the video? I don't know why anybody listens to us?
Speaker 3: Do we have the video? There's no video?
Speaker 1: No, Oh, it's a voice thing. Yeah, just let's play heard it. Yeah, I've heard it. It's pretty Yeah, it's awesome. Let's just play it and give it to read the top one. All right, Tad Tatum, here's a picture of him.
Speaker 3: And his buck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's show the buck man. I don't know, we'll not have to zoom in on that.
Speaker 3: Or some strong strong tim man strong ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go check out Tad Tatums. Look at hi dude. He's so happy.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: All right, let's listen to this now it's the top. The top one's five minutes like a thirty nine. Oh, I see, I see, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: I needed to uh starry sending in a picture.
Speaker 6: But I need to hear this because I never thought that I would be a hunter.
Speaker 5: I started listening to your podcast and like.
Speaker 1: To sped up. Yeah, you made it go fast, you know. It says one. It says one point five I was like.
Speaker 3: This guy didn't sound like that.
Speaker 4: That's what I say, And overtime, I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Okay, I needed to uh sorry to send around a picture, but I needed to share this because I never thought that I would be a hunter.
Speaker 5: I started listening to your podcast.
Speaker 6: And like earlier early spring, maybe maybe even February this year, I started listening to it. I live on like eighteen acres, and overtime, I started listening because I'm a songwriter and I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: And I still hearing the conversation.
Speaker 6: And then here I am, what eight nine, ten months later, and I laid this guy down in my backyard. It's a funny story. I'll spare you the details because I want to keep this under a minute. But anyway, I was so psyched whenever I did it, and I just think it's hilarious that I never thought I would hunt after listening to your podcast.
Speaker 4: Here I am. That's a.
Speaker 2: Bas with tad congratulations. First book shows, Dear Blind.
Speaker 1: Shows, Dear Blind? Is this the pool his dear blind is? Yeah, he's got like on his back, poor hell rest, got a little rest and his gun sitting there.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's awesome. Man, We're real proud of people who take their first How awesome is that? And to know we kind of maybe helped.
Speaker 3: Look, it's all you.
Speaker 2: That's what we try to do, right, And we're not out to to I think unintentionally yet, Yeah, is want to inspire, whether it be songwriters or outdoorsmen, current or new you know, And and that is I think sometimes we focus on on the negatives of our business as far as like how hard it is and how you know, But honestly, it's it's just like deer hunting, and I try to put myself in the mindset of somebody how can outside. I try to put myself in the mindset of somebody who's never hunted or never written a song.
Speaker 3: And the truth is, man, you can do it. You can do And if you listen to our podcast you may get some tips on how to get started. But it's it's so inspiring just to see somebody.
Speaker 1: Go, you know what, man, I'm gonna do something.
Speaker 2: I think I can figure this thing out absolutely, and and going through the proper avenues to get licensed and and the harvested deer and to know what to do with it after you kill it, right, I know that's overwhelming. It sounds overwhelming. It would be to me too, But the truth is it's just like anything else, you just got to dive in.
Speaker 1: And that's I mean, that's inspiring to me for for to see a story like that come through, and yeah, we had a small part of that. Like, that's inspiring for for me to keep on doing this, man, sure, and and talk about it and and share our experiences and listen to other ones and yeah, so hey, y'all keep sending in stuff like that. Man, that's super cool to see. We we asked him to send us the full story, and he sent us a five minute long voice memo of the full story. It's super cool.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard that one.
Speaker 1: Ye, thanks for thanks for following man, thanks for listening, and congrats. Bro.
Speaker 3: That's that's sick. Yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 2: Another little guy that I have been taking turkey out in the last couple of years. He killed a little buck last night. He's getting mounted. Oh that's all I said, a little buck. It's actually a nice, nice dear.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you gotta you gotta just and it's one of those things where he just took the bull by the horns, decided he wanted to do it, and uh he sent me a picture lifting it up with a tractor man.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's easy to it's easy to to think about what you want. It's easy to to think about how awesome a picture would be on the back of a truck with a deer. The real, you know, real test is when you go do it, is when you go put your mind to it and figure it out. And props to to to those cats that are doing that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Was there any more like d MS or anything we need to go over?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a hot take that I'm a better golfer than i am an outdoorsman and the tray if you look at this year's track record, that's probably true. Not for me. I've been playing some good luck golf lately.
Speaker 3: I've been killing some big deer lately. So one big deer lately, real big though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's right there. I've seen, yeah, real big talk about him a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm gonna always talk about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What else are we going over? What's up in music world?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: CMAS this week? We Uh, it's the old.
Speaker 2: Slow down time of the year for most people kind of putting the brakes on, getting ready to spend some time at home with the families. And I'm ready to do that myself. Yeah, this week though, because I got a full week, awards week, it's always it's always wild BMI's CM, BMI's Tomorrow night, Cmas. Well, I guess this is gonna be last year BM.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, it feels like this is kind of the last week where everybody's going one hundred miles an hour, and then when and then next week's Thanksgiving, everybody takes off all week pretty much, we should if you don't, and uh, and then December hits and and yeah, it's it's pretty much slow down time till January. Yeah, and I'm looking forward to This.
Speaker 2: Would probably be a perfect segue into the Michael Heeney bit, So I'm just gonna go ahead and speak that into existence.
Speaker 3: Let's go now live to Michael Heeny and see.
Speaker 1: What what was that? Welcome to our breaking News c M A award weeks, Uh run down with Michael P. Heeney.
Speaker 3: What's your h what's your music? What musics went off in your head when you said breaking news? I'll do.
Speaker 9: Breaking breaking news. To me, it would be Mark and Offers coming out with a new album.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that'd be good.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be breaking news?
Speaker 3: All right? Breaking news the c MA is or this week and.
Speaker 4: Entertainer of the Year.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going Entertainer of the year. We're going, all right, Michael Heaney.
Speaker 9: Combs, Jelly Roll, Chris Stapleton, Morgan Wallace and Lanny Wilson.
Speaker 4: It's it's too early for Lane.
Speaker 9: Although she'll eventually get it because she's so talented.
Speaker 4: Morgan Walla, I'm trying to still figure out.
Speaker 9: I like Jelly Roll man because he's big, he's fat, and he's got a good heart voice. Man, he's got a soul. But it's it's either going to be Luke Combs or Christie.
Speaker 3: Okay, so give it?
Speaker 1: How are you giving it?
Speaker 4: To crap?
Speaker 3: Definitive answer.
Speaker 9: It's either Luke Combs or Christie all right. Next, singles had more press this year, so it'll probably be.
Speaker 3: Christie okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Single of the Year, no, no, no, you gotta go to Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Album of the Year.
Speaker 9: You got Casey musk Graves, you got Luke Combs. Higher in Leather by Cody Johnson. I'm having to go with father and son Luke's Comb.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what we said nominated. I don't even know that was the year.
Speaker 3: That's what I needed you to say.
Speaker 1: Come on, hey, I think that. What's your favorite song on that?
Speaker 9: Female vocal of the Year Kassey Ballerine Ballerini, actually McBride, Megan Maroney, Casey Musk's Lane.
Speaker 1: Wilson all right, getting the dub Okay, just got a highway named after.
Speaker 9: Laney's real got an honest voice, and she's very smart and also okay. Male Male Vocalist of the Year, Luke Comb's Jelly Roll Again.
Speaker 1: I dig his sing.
Speaker 4: Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 9: It's either Morgan wall It's either Stapleton or Luke Colmbs.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, it's.
Speaker 4: A tough call, man, because they both sing so good.
Speaker 1: You don't think they're gonna get me.
Speaker 9: Someone asked me last week if I could sing like anybody, who would it be. Of course I first thought of Ray Charles, but they didn't that person was, And then I said, I like to say somewhere in between Chris Stables and Luke Combs and Vince Gill, I'd like, oh gosh.
Speaker 3: A little velvet gravel road there. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 9: I like it be all three of those. You don't think vocal group of the year, honestly, who gives you.
Speaker 4: Got?
Speaker 9: You got lady, a little big count you know, a little big town in person sing just amazing. Yeah, Rick Legs, Zach Brown Band. I thought they were all sicker went away, old old dominion. I guess because they're hit Maybe old dominion.
Speaker 1: I've seen a thing hey that says if if Red Clay doesn't win, that people are gonna rit. That's how much. That's how much. That's how many people like Red Clay stress.
Speaker 3: It's a new day out there.
Speaker 4: But I need to go investigate.
Speaker 1: But they don't think they'll win because it's not like as mainstream as some of those other nominees.
Speaker 9: Well then I would probably like it. Brooks and Dunn, Brothers Osborne. This is dual of the year. Okay, this is kind of again. Who cares a Warren Treaty and Maddie and Tay. I can't believe there's still around.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 9: On this one.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they got to give it to Brooks and done right. It's gonna be a moment.
Speaker 4: I don't think so really back together for a couple of years now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We knew this was gonna we knew it was gonna be. I mean, I love the brothers. Osborne should win that one every year, but yeah, I would think so.
Speaker 4: He's a hell of a guitar player.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, New Artists of the Year.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 9: I mean Shaboozy, Mitchell tenn Bailey, Zimmerman, zach Ty. I love Mitchell Tenpenny as a human being, but Nate Smith should win this. He's got a real voice, and he's had a couple of number ones, and uh, he's.
Speaker 3: The real guy, that's right, he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Zach. I like Zach top a whole lot, but I don't think he's been around long enough.
Speaker 4: Okay. Single of the Year Sadi Shaboozioty whatever it is.
Speaker 9: We got Dirt Cheap, which is a really well written song by Cody Johnson. I had some help post Malone featuring Morgan Wong White Horse. I'm thinking it's either gonna be the post Malone Morgan wall and I had some help, or Landy Wilson's pretty hot.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 4: Watermelon. Now I'm gonna go for Dirt Chief. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too. I think you're right with that.
Speaker 1: I think I think Dirt Chief's got a real good shot at that one.
Speaker 3: Shout out, Josh Phillips.
Speaker 4: It's just really well written.
Speaker 2: Do you know that's one hundred percenter? He wrote it by himself? Did you really, Josh Phillips?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, good for him. Man. Okay, Next we got Song of the Year, Burn It down hillar really is he?
Speaker 9: Parker McCollum, Laura McKenny loss Only four writers, Dirt Chief, Josh Phillips, I had some help.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, don't read them all. They'll take a minute.
Speaker 9: Hold on Louis Bell actually, Gorley Charlie had Handsome Hoskins, Austin Post, Ernest Keith.
Speaker 4: That's nine writers splitting it up, Big Song, white Horse. I'm going with Dirt Cheap all right.
Speaker 1: I like it all right?
Speaker 4: Music event of the year again, kind of like who cares?
Speaker 9: I saw marketing Kochy Ballerini with Noah Kahan, never heard it.
Speaker 4: Some had some help post Along and I did. I like you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like Postmolon?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like his singing and I like I like, uh, I saw a thing on YouTube where he was sitting down just playing some stuff with a guitar, and it's it's kind of like.
Speaker 4: I was out doing a riding thing and Miranda Lambert. You know it was it was great.
Speaker 9: We were on the bus and she was just sitting there just with the guitar, are singing songs, and I thought, man, she's like the best thing I've ever heard since Sit down here, Timmy one.
Speaker 4: I'm just a honest real man.
Speaker 3: That new record, that new record is so good. Have you spun it yet? The new record? No, it's really really good. You should check it out.
Speaker 4: The last record I ordered last week was ZEP one four.
Speaker 1: Hey give us, give us your little your two minute rundown on on these pop artists like post Malone getting into country.
Speaker 4: Music, Man, I don't care. I think it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If it's where Sprett Ernie stuck, there's the studio.
Speaker 3: Place.
Speaker 4: I'm getting it backed up, dialed up and come doing updates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking a musical event of the year.
Speaker 9: We'll go in a minute, relaxed and it'll probably be uh more than long with Eric kirch Man.
Speaker 1: That's that's your boy. That's your boy.
Speaker 4: You know. I don't care about this end of the year.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, Ukbac Flinger, Paul Franklin, Rob Mcdallly Charlie.
Speaker 4: I want him on a bandand they all win.
Speaker 9: Uh pop people getting into I don't care.
Speaker 4: I think it's anything that broadens us. Excuse me. As long as it's good. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: As long as it's good.
Speaker 3: Come on in, Yeah, come on in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel that. I feel that same way. Yeah, I feel the same way, as long as they don't try to make it, you know. And then they're doing a country music thing, which I think Post did with that record.
Speaker 4: I think Post alone the deal is with him.
Speaker 9: Uh man, he's just kind of a humble, sort of let me sing a song kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he genuinely is that guy. I mean, just kind of happy to be here kind of thing.
Speaker 9: He probably needs to be in this market more than he does a little poppy rock shit.
Speaker 2: Hey, out of out of the hundreds of years you've been here on this earth, who's the worst pop crossover in the country you've seen?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Who was real bad?
Speaker 4: Aaron Smith?
Speaker 1: Cut Ye, Steven Tyler, he was real bad.
Speaker 9: Someone actually gave me that album to listen to, and the musicianship on it was pretty cool, but the.
Speaker 4: That was awful. You know.
Speaker 2: The one that shot me was Shannato. I mean not Shanna. What's the girl that everybody wanted songs like? And so then they were like, Okay, just come on in.
Speaker 3: Cheryl Crow. Yeah. Remember when remember when Cheryl Crow came over and nobody care man, nobody cared. Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't connect.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 9: There's a and you genuinely have a got a crap load of rocky pop people that like country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: You know. I saw a thing on the Stones the other day and they're.
Speaker 9: Naming all the R and B cats and the country crabs that they all grew up listen to. Yeah, and you realize it's all just a blend of whatever, And you've got a bunch of idiots putting in categories. When I spend stuff on iTunes, it's going to be all over the place, and some of it's going to be John Anderson, from our John Anderson to John Anderson, the singer of Yes.
Speaker 4: You know, it's going to be just anything that's good that's right.
Speaker 1: I feel that that's why you like those red guys. Check you need to check them out.
Speaker 3: They're cool.
Speaker 4: I will for sure check them. Anything that's new exciting to me, I will go.
Speaker 1: Zach Top, Zach top to He's he's got a cool thing. I don't know if you've heard any of stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't care for his name, Zach Top. They made that up, they did.
Speaker 1: They did take it. It's like Zach top topping the hammer or something. They just take it probably or something.
Speaker 4: It changed it over.
Speaker 3: Hey, he's got to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Hey, we love you. Thanks for thanks for hanging out with us. We might call you for the Grammy or something.
Speaker 4: Good luck trying to find last minute stuckers.
Speaker 3: Thanks love you so much.
Speaker 1: Man. All right, we go, we'll talk to you about it.
Speaker 3: Babies, all right, we are we are all right, man.
Speaker 1: We got con Man. Con Man coming to you live from not the studio, Kansas babies, middle of kans dude, just land of Deer, big.
Speaker 4: Deer, dude.
Speaker 3: What's up, con Thanks for jumping on with us today, dude.
Speaker 8: Mane rainy Monday, Monday morning here in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Fire Creek Outfitters. I'm sorry, fire Creek Outdoors.
Speaker 3: He said, not to say that, and you it was the first thing. Not to say what outfitters? He said, Fire Creek out Door.
Speaker 1: No, I think my I think the sweatshirt I have, says Fire Creek Outfitters.
Speaker 7: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Fire Creek Outdoors. Connor hickeling, No, I don't. They just give us a rundown.
Speaker 3: So the Connor Hickel crisis.
Speaker 1: We've uh, yeah, we've Kansas. Your season has been going since September what twelfth thirteenth? When when did it open?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So for you season and opened like the fifth.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we're what is it November eighteenth?
Speaker 7: Today's eighteenth eighteenth?
Speaker 1: Today's the eighteenth for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, geez, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we were late that that far in November. Give us a buck count, Yeah, to give us a buck count of how many you've taken and all that.
Speaker 8: So our Youth and Disability season, we went three for three, most loader was ten for thirteen, and then so far with bo we are eleven for thirteen.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 3: The decent numbers right there up in the ninety percentile. Let's say. So, if somebody wants to get in touch with you and and and line something up. How do they do that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: Do you just go to Firecreek dot com and and all o stuffs there? Man, all over stuff's there.
Speaker 1: Give us a yeah. So if you want to holler at Connor, check that out. Give us a rut report. What are what are the deer doing?
Speaker 4: So? Man with us.
Speaker 8: We obviously have a camp in north central Oklahoma, and then we have our camp up here in Kansas. It's kind of been our reverse this year. So Oklahoma started running earlier on our farm down there at least, and then up here it was kind of slow. We got a good cold front here about two weeks ago and kind of jump started things. And man, it's in my opinion, I've heard from a lot of people, but in my opinion, it's the best rut I have personally ever experienced.
Speaker 7: I would say, you know for me, but you all been here.
Speaker 8: So I have ground forty five minutes south and I have ground forty five minutes north.
Speaker 7: Of my house. Well, we realized last week that the deer down south were.
Speaker 8: Still in that like chasing face, and then the deer up north we're in lockdown, and so we were able to kind of adjust. But for us here right now with this rain hitting, I would say that the rest are going to get prolonged a little bit longer, especially going to amplify that scent off those hot doughs. I would say it's going to drag on for another I would say at least week and a half of pure between lockdown and chasing you know them bucks will be on them dose for a couple of days and then they'll come off, and that's when we're gonna try to kill them, is when they're coming off those dos.
Speaker 3: So why is that?
Speaker 2: Why do you why do you ken in on when they're coming off the dose to try to pattern them or as you say, kill them.
Speaker 7: So there's no patterning in November.
Speaker 8: I always tell people they always ask me for trail camera pictures this time of year. I just tell him I'm not going to send you any because the deer I show you right now, it could be ten miles away by the morning. So what I talked about, like, instead of targeting a deer, you know necessarily you're not really targeting that dear.
Speaker 7: You're targeting where your core doors are.
Speaker 8: So if you have three big does coming into a spot, he comes in finds out one of them buy, he's going to take her away or she's going to take him away, and then after he breeds her, she's he's going.
Speaker 7: To come back to check on those other dos.
Speaker 8: That's when you're hunting those spots based off he's gonna come and rut because they have these rut areas right that rutting area maybe you know, two miles longer. It might be on a big maturity here, Like we're chasing a deer that's probably pushing over two hundred right now.
Speaker 7: He's daylighting like every three days, and that every three days he's daylighting.
Speaker 8: He could be at he was at noon the other day and then he'd show up like right at five forty, like right at dark. Like, so he's he's kind of in this he's rutting in this probably half mile area, and he's breeding these dos just.
Speaker 7: In this little core, little area.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so so when you get into a big deer like that, you know his quarry is not very big, but you get into like a four year old man. We got a we had a four year old show up on a camera at four forty in the afternoon about a week ago, and by four fifty five. He had walked three and a half miles and was on another camera. So, you know, like a four year old or three year old deer, his range is gonna be so big just because a big you know, six seven eight year old deer pushing those deer out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of holding down, having a chance of.
Speaker 7: Breeding some of them those you know, it's having to move.
Speaker 2: Jeez man, this is getting me fired up already. Just talking about deer gets me fired up.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of a two hundred inch deer above your face, you may have a rack that you were a big part of getting it here and on the ground. Damn, what would you like to say about that?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you, Connor.
Speaker 2: Since uh, since it's made, since it made its way into my hands, it's barely left, it's barely left my sight.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be gonna be real with you. I sent Rid a picture last night.
Speaker 2: I was watching alone and you can see the TV screen and then on the out on the out of it, it's just the deer.
Speaker 3: The rat sitting in my lap.
Speaker 2: I like to just pick it up, turn it around and try to find something I didn't I had never seen before.
Speaker 4: On it.
Speaker 1: So I was like, why don't you just like make a belt buckle and that be the or like put a chain around it and where it does a necklace.
Speaker 3: That was a pretty man.
Speaker 7: I'm be honest, I'm doing the same thing with mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a pretty special week we had there, buddy.
Speaker 7: Four day stretch man. You can't ask for more.
Speaker 3: Than that, No, no, you can't.
Speaker 2: Did you genuinely think that we were going to find that deer after seeing it, after seeing it across the road on us two nights before? Did you genuinely think we'd have a shot at that deer?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: So, like I listened to your story and the way you told it, and like, you hit it pretty.
Speaker 4: Dad on.
Speaker 3: Ye did I miss anything?
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 1: Did I miss?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I think you hit it perfect.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the whole except for the part sorry Connor, except for the part where he said he backflipped off the tailgate. I guarantee you that Connor was there, he saw that.
Speaker 8: I didn't see it, man, I was so focused on trying to get down out of that ladder.
Speaker 7: I was hanging like a monkey.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You were you were, you were fast though you were you like warp speeded down in front of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I go into this like, I don't know what you want to call it, this mode of like kill mode.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you call it, big book connor, big buck connor mode.
Speaker 3: Hey, dude, we both kicked into a mode that. I mean, we both handled our business right there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Well, I know that one thing and that that whole thing was there's a lot of doubt on whether we'd find that deer again.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm like, I have a lot to learn about the big deer world.
Speaker 8: I feel like I've learned a lot over the last several years here doing it. But I think we're going into your nine here. I'm doing this full time. So I I think that there's a lot of doubt and people like they don't realize during that early stage of mus loader, when you're hunting them in the milaw like that they can be so consistent. So if you see that deer anywhere relatively close, especially a deer that kind of you know, we're talking about six seven eight year old animal. You know them deer just don't move a lot that time of year. So when you guys said that he's in this beanfield.
Speaker 4: And this and that.
Speaker 8: I was like, man, like, I bet you there's a milo field close by. And then obviously we went over that next morning. I can't remember, Dan, I think you slept in that morning.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, remember the mallow was uh it was you remember my eyes swoll up real bad?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was trying to plus honestly, four dudes trumping around the mallows.
Speaker 3: Two dudes too much, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that. Yeah, we went. We went and Connor was like, Okay, this is where he saw him. This is probably where he's coming out. Let's look over here in this mallow field and let's see where I think. Yeah, I bet he's bedding right there in that and that grove of trees. He's got water in the middle of it. I bet he's right there. And lo and behold that's about.
Speaker 8: Where well, and like that was part of it too. We went over there is me and me and Reed. I got out of the truck.
Speaker 4: Remember we were.
Speaker 8: Driving along the road and I was like, You're like, what are you doing. I'm like, I'm looking for track, seems coming across this road to the beans. So I literally and then all of a sudden you find these tracks, and it's like, okay, like if he's here, you know, he's going to be in this Milo, and he's coming out of this Milo to go to this water in this pasture, like this is his routine.
Speaker 7: You know, he makes this loop every day.
Speaker 8: And and ultimately I think you had a lot to do with God obviously, and coming out and showing out for us, you know, obviously the day we killed them with the rainbow and and the way, the way way it all come together.
Speaker 7: Man, it was just so special. I don't think.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody kills that deer if it wasn't for y'all driving down the road seeing him at ten thirty at night, putting this thing together.
Speaker 7: You know, I didn't.
Speaker 8: I really didn't think y'all are probably you know't y'all probably call me crazy when I told y'all drop a pin, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, sure, no, we definitely.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how to do it.
Speaker 8: Man, Like ninety percent of that caliber are killed that way, because you know, they just don't show themselves like that.
Speaker 7: He's just not showing himself to everybody, right.
Speaker 8: You know, for there was no trees in that area, you know, the few little trees in that Milo field, and ye, where that pond was, there was four big trees, like there just wasn't anything there, so that I knew that he had to have been living in that Milo field. The way it went down, did I expect that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, yeah, I mean obviously for us to stand up there and I look down and he's sixty yards walking through the.
Speaker 1: Milo and it's just like, yeah, a lot of things have to line up for something like that to go to Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, man, like the scenario and the way it went down, And who do.
Speaker 3: You think freaked out more or may or you when when the deer was coming out?
Speaker 7: Oh me for sure, dude, not big econo and this and this isn't anything against you. We're all like, there was a hunter, you know, some of the bigger deer you've killed.
Speaker 8: Obviously this caliber, Like I knew what kind of caliber this year was because I've.
Speaker 7: Been around it for so long. And I think at that point you may have thought it was a big deer, Like you're like, oh, that's a good deer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't think you understood the caliber.
Speaker 3: No question, absolutely no, I definitely didn't.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, and that's for me, when I saw that deer and I knew that caliber, it was like, man, we get one shot.
Speaker 8: You know, these these big deer do not give you multiple opportunities, So you have one shot to make this happen.
Speaker 7: And I was just trying to make it with the scenario and the truck being right there, and and it was just wild.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: It was very climatic, very crazy. I don't know what the hell is to put it.
Speaker 8: No, it was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: H Connor, we love you well. Thanks for the Midwest Rutt Report and hanging out with us for for a few minutes. Good luck the rest of the season. Send us some pictures and we'll see you. Check him out on Instagram, you can d MM, you can get to him. It's not hard to find Connor hickl He's all over every Yeah, go check out his Instagram or Facebook. You'll see giants, giant here he delivers. Hey, we'll see you in a few weeks. Buddy.
Speaker 7: Appreciate your man. Take care of your buddy all right. By Happiness
Speaker 5: Socials N name s