Speaker 1: This is the Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, welcome back to the Almost Famous Podcast. I'm Calin Bell here joined with Rachel, Mercedes and Genevieve and we are broadcasting live from the heart of Sonoma Valley. Let me tell you we are in the most gorgeous home. It's kind of reminiscent of the Bachelor mansion. We are making memories to last a lifetime. We are having the best time here and it's all thanks to Verbo. So when you are enjoying a great vacation or you're about to plan a vacation.
Speaker 3: Make sure you had to Verbo because we're.
Speaker 4: Having a great time.
Speaker 5: We are having a great time.
Speaker 2: And we are going to start off this podcast with a great game, a lot of questions, a lot of fun questions, a lot of uncomfortable questions, and we're going to start off with if you weren't on your season of The Bachelor, whose would you want to be on?
Speaker 6: Anyway, I'll start I would be on Peter Webber season. Okay, oh tell us why? Because he's sexy and we're both pilots.
Speaker 5: I love that, so I think I.
Speaker 4: Would do well or maybe he would send me home. I don't think if you heard it, but that's no.
Speaker 5: I think that's who for sure would pick. I like it, Mercedes.
Speaker 7: What do I want to say, Chelsea Palmer the most of your season? I'm just kidding, though, I don't know. Why do I want to say Joey's I like that answer?
Speaker 3: Good one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel like I would.
Speaker 6: Choose also sexy.
Speaker 3: I feel.
Speaker 2: Good answer good answer, family feud.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: I love that show.
Speaker 8: I feel like I would be on one of the older seasons, like because maybe this is just like my perception, but it feels like it was more real before and it's just becoming more games.
Speaker 1: Give us a name, uh Shanlow.
Speaker 3: She was a sweetheart.
Speaker 8: I love that him and Catherine are just like happy they have their family.
Speaker 9: I love that, so he seems normal and like a good person.
Speaker 3: I'll choose that, I guess.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Says everyone. I'm married, so I can't answer, unfortunately, but on to the next I answer, Okay. I do want to know has anyone from the Bachelor and not on your season, Rachel, not on your seasons the paradise slid into your dms.
Speaker 5: Ooh spicy.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 6: Mine is just like my seasonal guys that like, no one outside of it. I don't like not that like not in a way of like trying to like, yeah, just like I think if we're friends, if we met in person, I want to be like, oh yeah, No, I just feel like it's like me and my seasonal guys just chatting in the dms, and.
Speaker 4: Then people that are my friends.
Speaker 8: I feel like, no, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Wait really.
Speaker 2: Wait, there's one you don't have to say who but you told me about one?
Speaker 3: Oh that was before the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but still, oh you have to tell he will No, he won't.
Speaker 4: He's very open about it.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about this. Oh no, no, no, but one did. Yes, Yes, someone slid in before I thought.
Speaker 4: You guys like talked about how you had before.
Speaker 9: No, but not before before I was on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happens to the best of us.
Speaker 2: I slid into my husband's dams before I met him, before I was on the show.
Speaker 5: She was manifestation queen. I actually love that. I love so cute.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. We also talked about this earlier who here auditioned for the show. I'm very open eye auditioned. I was I loved the shows, a big fan in college. So yeah, I put myself out there and I auditioned. And I think a lot of people are not honest, at least back in the day. We're not honest about I'll just and I think there's a taboo around it. But if you want something, then you have to go after it. And I wanted to be on the show. I love that auditioned.
Speaker 5: No, I agree too.
Speaker 6: I think it's the popular answer to be like, oh my god, like my my coworker, I.
Speaker 3: Heard of it.
Speaker 1: I just I just all of a sudden one day I was on the show.
Speaker 6: But like, even if you do get nominated, you still do actually have to like do the interviews in the videos, and so don't be fooled. Like people don't just get nominated and they stumbled on it. Is actually like I felt like it was like my job to be interviewing. Like I would go to my job and then I would come home and have to do like a million things for the interview process. But I nominated myself because I was like breaking up with my ex boyfriend and I was like, you know what, and I'm going to go on The Bachelor, and I did, but I I'll I truly know, but I really feel like the one thing I was like, I need to do this, and like I just kept having feeling that I need to do this, and then it ended up being like one of the best decisions I ever made.
Speaker 5: So I'm happy that I.
Speaker 8: And my feeling and it was I got feeling, yeah, and I don't get those often, So yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I my cousin nominated me.
Speaker 4: Like four years before that.
Speaker 7: They like came to Nashville for like an open casting call and I went. I was like twenty, there was no way I was getting on the show, but I went and I was hungover, and the guy that interviewed me was from des Moines, Iowa, which I'm from Iowa.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh my gosh, it's.
Speaker 3: Literally is meant to be. No, she had got feeling too, Oh.
Speaker 4: I really actually because you knew you would.
Speaker 3: Be on it, and you want to know, what's so crazy?
Speaker 7: Okay, So the guy when I was twenty years old that interviewed me was from des Moines, Iowa. Okay, didn't get on obviously. So then when you when you go to LA feel like your final interview outside of the window in LA there was a sign and said Iowa.
Speaker 3: It literally said Iowa.
Speaker 7: And then the girl that took me to the final interview room was from Iowa because you were.
Speaker 1: Meant to be on the show.
Speaker 3: Crazy, that is really weird.
Speaker 7: No, I told my mom when I got back, I'm like, I like don't know how this is happening to me, but like I literally think I got it because why would like God put so many people like right in front of me just telling me, yes, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't your time the first time, but they were saying, like just trying basically, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Exactly what it was.
Speaker 6: And you were on the season you were it's nice to be Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 8: They DMed me, and I hate, like, yeah, I hate saying it, but they Jennevieve was like an like on our season, one of our.
Speaker 6: Producers like went up Chess and like, Jennevie, you've saidn influencer and.
Speaker 3: We're like, Jenery, are you an influencer?
Speaker 2: Like guy we will not name, slid into your dms before you were ever on the show.
Speaker 1: So we were like I remember looking at like Jennery like she was like.
Speaker 9: I remember someone being like, do you have a lot of fun followers?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because the producers they were like, yeah, Jenny, that's crazy, that's which ovius.
Speaker 6: You've seen Genevieve, Like if I just saw the girl and follower two, like literally, there sure beype woman ever ever the.
Speaker 2: Best you are, you don't need hype women when you're you.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So then I went through the pross though, like I did everything everyone else did all the So you're saying you were nominated, they they reached I don't know if someone nominated me actually as yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like I don't know, but you you technically were, but weren't I guess, so yeah, you're plucked.
Speaker 8: Said like, hey, I'm casting for a show if you want to check, like my bio says more information if you're interested.
Speaker 5: And I was like, okay, why not, like let's try it.
Speaker 2: And I'm honestly shocked that those were because like you see that A Lot with Love is Blind and like all these other reality shows where they're like, come like audition whatever, and I'm shocked at work.
Speaker 8: I was, no, it kind of was odd that I checked the bio and I used to watch bachelor in high school, like with my mom and sister, and I remember like sitting there being like, if I'm thirty and single, I'm going on this. I mean, granted I went on it when I was twenty six, but now I'm thirty and single and still talking about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so it.
Speaker 5: Was I think, no regrets. Everything happens for a reason. Yeah, we all ended up here.
Speaker 2: I was in love with Dean Unglert now Bell and would love to have been on his season, but he was never the bachelor and then ended up on Colton season, but still ended up marrying my husband.
Speaker 3: So it worked out that we have a question.
Speaker 7: How did you slide into his dms?
Speaker 4: Like do you remember what you said?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What'd you say?
Speaker 2: Okay, So one of my best friends DMed Ben Higgins around the same time.
Speaker 3: They're not married.
Speaker 2: He's married to Jessica and who was one of my favorite people in the world. But she would always DM not always like she damned like a couple of people she thought were cute, and she.
Speaker 3: Said, hey, I have a question.
Speaker 2: So I like thought about that approach because it's like intriguing, you know, It's like, well, what's the question? Like I need to know. Yeah, I think I like went with something lame. I almost did that and then I was like, I'm just gonna say, hayim in La, do you want to.
Speaker 3: Get caught like something stupid?
Speaker 2: And so we're gonna get coffee and then like ended up bailing a couple days early, but whatever, it ended up working out.
Speaker 7: That is so crazy though, that you literally DMed him and then now you're like.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 2: It's weird that it was like before I was ever on the show, but I've like always thought Dane is the most handsome guy ever.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I asked her at dinner. I'm like, will you teach me how to manifest like that?
Speaker 6: Because Caylin is mastermind by Taylor Swift, like she knows even.
Speaker 2: Like Bachelor, Like I just loved that show so much and I had I just wanted to travel and I had no money to travel, and I was like I want to get on the show. I would love to find love, but it doesn't seem realistic, you know, Like I think people go on the show and they're like want to put on a good face, and like.
Speaker 6: No, I was, I was like I am getting no, but I'm delusional, like I'm.
Speaker 2: A pissy, but like, realistically, there's thirty girls. What are the chances that he's gonna pick me? The chances of me getting to go on fun trips are like a lot higher, So that's gonna It's not my priority, but in a sense, I think like now I'm pastorate enough to be like, yeah, that was my priority. I just wanted to travel. It does bring me to my one of my last questions, which is would you ever go on another dating show or a reality show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I might, Like I would think about it.
Speaker 6: It would have to be the right one, but I think I would definitely be open to it.
Speaker 9: I would love to see you on another show, Rechie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're just You're made for it. I love dating on TV. I feel like I would.
Speaker 4: I don't know which one I know.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one which one to a one two three farm?
Speaker 2: I didn't know the name, but farmer, farmer, farmer has a is the actual name is farmer wants to want to farmer? Yeah.
Speaker 8: Producers reached out to Mercedes see her on there season two.
Speaker 2: She lives in Iowa on a farm. She's got the life she shows very well on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Would be a good show for me.
Speaker 1: She needs her real life Yellowstone love story like this is.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I'm gonna find my husband. I literally went to Montana two days early before all the girls because I was the bar.
Speaker 4: Yes, martinis are in joyed find anywhere?
Speaker 5: No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's what are you like in Bozman or where were you?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: She wants to be on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't, you know, like Beth Dutton goes to Bozeman just to do business like they're living out on the farm.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boseman is like, I need to do that.
Speaker 5: Go the farms.
Speaker 4: Can't do it, just pop around.
Speaker 3: Knock on doors.
Speaker 1: She knocks on the bunk house door, ranch hands.
Speaker 3: I can't picture it, so I'd be like, yeah, that'd be crazy.
Speaker 7: I do need a I do need a farmer though, so maybe I'll do a farmer's wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also again, come to asp and there's a lot of farms, a lot of ranches.
Speaker 5: And you come busit you and we'll find someone. Surely somewhere has to I've seen her.
Speaker 1: Seriously, all the farmers would be fighting over it.
Speaker 4: Would they really would be so serious about that.
Speaker 2: I would love to wait, did you guys watch this season.
Speaker 1: No, but I like, you know the highlights told me about this today.
Speaker 2: I just saw the one clip on TikTok about like the girl who wouldn't kiss him on camera.
Speaker 3: That's what I saw too.
Speaker 4: She was kind of like the highlight of the season.
Speaker 6: And if like Mercedes would be that, but like it would be because all the guys are like fighting over her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over who.
Speaker 7: Gets to like to ask her to manifest and manifest.
Speaker 1: Whatever witchcraft Caitlin is doing please.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 3: And Hailey Byber they went to the same witch in the mouths.
Speaker 2: I'll hook you up with my witch.
Speaker 3: Okay, Genevie, what's the question?
Speaker 2: Will you go on reality TV dating?
Speaker 3: I think dating shows.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm I'm done with that. Maybe I don't know. I'm not against it, but.
Speaker 5: There's nothing in the works. I guess I'll say that.
Speaker 4: I like Love Island anything you could be in a bikini and bee.
Speaker 2: I think people can just go from bachelor to like one hun you can do anything you want these days, Netflix, whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I heard you can do anything you want.
Speaker 8: Also, I don't think I want to date anyone from reality TV anymore. I think I'm honestly, I think I'm past that, Like, I okay, it's it's I don't think it's for me.
Speaker 2: What about like an amazing race or Survivor.
Speaker 3: I would, okay, we want to go on river.
Speaker 6: Like a game show in like ten seconds and do the puzzle in five like she is that kind of you're so good at puzzles.
Speaker 8: Oh, I was gonna say, honestly, I would love to do, but I think i'd be like voted off immediately.
Speaker 1: But you have a good you know, social you do math social game.
Speaker 9: I don't like to even you could totally have a good social thing.
Speaker 2: You fly under the radar. Survivor, you know you're.
Speaker 3: Like maybe yeah, yeah, like find the make a strong.
Speaker 4: Man and like, yeah, you can open the coconut. I've seen her do it.
Speaker 5: I think you can open the coconut.
Speaker 9: That's true, And that's like a skill. Like I'm set the fire, I can fish.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 9: I could fish and get everyone fish.
Speaker 5: I couldn't cut her cook it.
Speaker 1: But Survivor, you're so good they're gonna love it.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's just so many to choose from the challenge. What about it would you go on that MTV.
Speaker 3: Is no, Oh, I don't think I would be good at that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty similar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's like all actual challenges.
Speaker 9: I'm not like, I'm not what's the word, I'm not. I can't like run, but you work out.
Speaker 1: She is saying she can't do all these things, and I know her and I know she can do that.
Speaker 8: She's literally saying she can. I'm gonna call you the athletic. But I just don't have like stamina like I can't. I can't run for a long time.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I know you.
Speaker 6: Jennifer would be great on a dating show, on any sort of a challenge show.
Speaker 4: She's met for TV.
Speaker 3: She's so great.
Speaker 6: She is cutting herself down right now and I'm gonna call her out because she's amazing.
Speaker 2: I think I think you would thrive outside of dating.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm like, the dating is not like watch also watching myself day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, no, it's not bad, but.
Speaker 2: I think like you would thrive, and you know, you're a Gemini and your intensity would be utilized better elsewhere.
Speaker 5: I think so too. Yeah, way better than a dating show.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we wrap, I do want to know outside of dating, what where would you guys? Thrive like what reality show? Oh, non dating?
Speaker 5: I feel like.
Speaker 4: Boucher was, like I'm good in that because I'm so emotional.
Speaker 6: And when I think about a show that's like thrives on being emotionally like vulnerable, it would be a dating show, which I never thought I could be like that.
Speaker 4: So it's like so cliche, but I think Boucher.
Speaker 5: Was like the perfect place for me. I think so too.
Speaker 2: But there's other ones like Traders against Survivors emotional.
Speaker 5: I know, but I'm not like traders.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm not good with conflict, and I feel like every show, even other reality shows, it's like you have to be good with conflict and I avoid.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of like that too.
Speaker 7: Is the challenge, the one that like JoJo's seawall was on What's Big Brother Brother or No Special for Okay, I don't think I would be good at it.
Speaker 10: But I would love to go on it, like I would love to watch Oh wow, I feel like I would because I like, I don't know if daredevil's the right word, but like I like like adrenaline, stuff like adrenaline, and I feel like I'm I wouldn't be good, but like.
Speaker 3: I would drive you probably would be. I can see you being like all the good at that or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wouldn't be good, but yes I would be good. Like she could like stand on that bridge and walk across the stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, I wouldn't bother me.
Speaker 7: But I don't know. I feel like that one would be fun.
Speaker 8: That would be a good traders When you said traders, like I just I love watching that show. I think it's so interesting. I think I can pick up like a little. I think I would be able to tell, but also it's easier said than done. I'm like, oh, i'd be able to tell when someone's lying, but who knows. But I just think it's interesting and it's just like a fun show.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite shows ever. I in my mind, I'm like, I would be so good, but I'm also like such a bad liar, and I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it would be a manipulator. I think, yeah, yeah, but like bad Way, it's like, yeah, bad baseful, faithful, I'm too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like trying to convince them that I'm a faithful It's like, no, she's a trader.
Speaker 3: You're getting defensive. No, I'm just like, really, this is me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't show what you do we okay, so you said parapet and you know how they did squid Games, like a reality version of it.
Speaker 3: They need to do that a Fourth Wing.
Speaker 2: I would thrive, Like Netflix need to pick up a Fourth Wing where we like are going through the quadrant like the obstacle.
Speaker 1: Course, Like there is like a full game show that they could take advantage of.
Speaker 2: And I would lose immediately, but it would be so sick because I would love to be a background character in Fourth Wring the show, but I think that's impossible to achieve. So I think my next step is like a Netflix show of Fourth Wing, like pick up.
Speaker 4: That's such a good idea. I love that book and that is where I would thrive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I potential love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would do good.
Speaker 2: We're just people meant to be on reality TV, I think so. And with that, I'm going to wrap it up and thank you so much for listening to the Almost Famous Podcast.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 2: We are here in the beautiful verbo Villa and it's a great time. It's a great little girls trip.
Speaker 5: We have so much fun so far. Yeah, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast. On iHeartRadio, or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.