Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air away the fifth Hour. You already do that with me, Ben Hu and Danny Danny g right there as we keep your company all week in long eight days a week, Double duty, double duty. Today this Sunday, the twenty fifth day of the month of February, which means that not only do you get this podcast, but then tonight, depending on where you are on the West Coast, Sunday night, I will begin the new week of programming at Fox Sports Radio at eleven o'clock. But for people on the East Coast, where most people live, that'll be two am early on Monday morning. Early on Monday morning, So well we are we're doing double duty today, but celebrating National Chocolate Covered Nut Day, which is always an important day, so I always I love chocolate covered almonds nuts. It's also quiet day. I guess we're not celebrating quiet Day, Danny today. We're not doing that, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: But here we are.
Speaker 1: We have much to get to.
Speaker 4: So six month old was just screaming in the background a minute ago. So he's definitely not partaking in that.
Speaker 1: Is he cursing? Is he called any more words since we last spoke, Danny, you know nothing?
Speaker 3: Just dad dat.
Speaker 1: You should write. You should write a children's book. Baby's first F word? You know? That would be That would be funny, that would be good.
Speaker 3: It'll be titled says.
Speaker 1: A little call was seven months old when he blurted out fuck and we all laughed and lived happily ever after and all that stuff. So before we get to the mailbag, do I did want to go to something we haven't done in a long time. We've had no reason to do it. Uh, And that would be the back scratcher. And so we go to the Apple podcast page where you can write a review for this podcast and help us out. Twizzle writes, in and enjoyed the podcast we did about the dogs going to the dogs. He says, this show going to the dogs, and that is a great thingerferf. The show about your new fur babies was spectacular. I love when you guys let us in and don't worry. They say short lives for bulldogs, but our first two English bulldogs both lived thirteen years. Well that's that's wonderful. I love the English bulldog. Now the wife thinks that we can't have them forever, because I'm like, oh, we'll just have English bulldogs the rest of my life, because when we get old, like I'm I'm kind of getting old. I'm not old yet, but when I really get old and I can't really lift stuff. These things are so heavy, these bulldogs that we'll have to get like go back to a Belli sized dog, one of those lap dogs and just go with that. But I think I'll be all right for a while. I think I think I can pick Moxie up. I'm not that weak, not yet. You know, I got some time before I have to worry about that.
Speaker 4: Either that or you'll have to have hospice doggie care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what was it we mentioned this? I think Ioa Sam told me that Jimmy Carter, President Jick Carter went into hospice and then went out of hospice, Like, how many times does that happen? Usually when you go into hospice, it's a one way street, right, you don't usually get out of there. That's it. It's lights out. Yeah, rely, Samley, take a deep breath. Stay.
Speaker 4: I didn't think anybody rebounded from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that was pretty crazy. I was like, wow, that's that's not so all right. Time now to open up the bill bag and you know what that means. It's bound all right jah. Thank you to ohiou our buddy who has been a part of this podcast for a while. He's the musical guy without compensation, without compensation. Uh. These are actual letters from actual listeners to the show. They have either posted these on social media platforms, sent them via direct message, or the most popular way that we get these messages is via the email Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, but also the Facebook page. There's some people that post on Facebook. So the first email comes from Dan, who is in Miami. Dan says bandon Danny, I love the show, but I think you guys should change the name of it. It's called the fifth Hour podcast. But you have not done a podcast that has been an actual hour in many many months. What gives well, Dan, that is I believe when's the last time we did an hour? Probably an interview or something, Right, it's been a while since we did an hour podcast.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 4: But originally you were only supposed to be doing one podcast. So the fact that we do three, technically it's well over an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Danny, boy, you Schmuck'm sorry, I'll be played. Send an email. So here's the way it works, Dan, in the podcast game, we have the data follow the science is no, the analytics. We follow the analytics.
Speaker 3: I'm not a numbers guy, but that doesn't seem to add up.
Speaker 1: We follow the analytics, Danny. And it has been determined by those in the podcast game that the sweet spot for a podcast is around thirty minutes, that anything over thirty minutes is a waste of everyone's time. Now, what about Joe Rogan dance? Probably so Joe Rogan does five hour podcasts. Okay, I get it. He also, how much does Joe Rogan make from Spotify? Do you know how much he's making there over at Spotify?
Speaker 3: Danny? It's a five seventy eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, if we got five hundred and seventy eight million. I think Danny, you'd agree if we shared that money, we would do four hour podcast every other day, right, we do four our five.
Speaker 3: Hover of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah I made that number up, by the way, but it's something gross like that.
Speaker 1: So Dan, if you want to be the sugar Daddy, we will give you more pod. But the sweet spot for a podcast is about thirty minutes, because that's how long a lot of people listen to podcasts. When they go for a walk, they'll walk the dog so the dogs can shit, or they'll go to the gym and they'll be on the treadmill for thirty minutes, and that's when people consume podcasts.
Speaker 4: Or they'll commute for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Most people have a commute about thirty minutes, or maybe they'll listen to a couple of podcasts. But thirty minutes is the sweet spot. So that is why most of the podcasts are about thirty minutes. But it is if you listen to a terrestrial radio show with all the commercials and all that, yeah, you're getting, you know, maybe only a little more than thirty minutes of content, but in like forty two minutes of content or something like that. I think, yeah, something like that. Next up we stay in Florida, but we go up from Miami to Weis. We're big in Florida. Joe in Vero Beach Rights, says Ben and Danny says Ben. I enjoy the Overnight show. I miss Danny on the show. Would like to meet you. Ben. In twenty twenty four, Well, that's very nice of you, Joe that you want to meet me, he says, do you have a schedule of Malor meet and greets? Also Big Lou from the LBC had a similar question. He says, in twenty twenty four, will there be any meet and greets at sporting events? For example, you did the Malor meet and greet at the Inland Empire sixty six ers game back in the day where the first pitches happened. Yah, we've done a couple of those first pitch things. I haven't done those in years. Would love to do it. We'd love to do it, but there's nothing played right now. Big Lou and Joe, I'm pretty confident that we will do at least one Mallard meet and greet in southern California. Last year, I convinced my wife to go to Minnesota to meet the fans of the show, and it was a wonderful time thanks to spin Cycle Regina who set that up. Had a wonderful event at the Mermaid and other than the speeding ticket I got, but other than that, it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Minnesota. It was great, went all over the state, went up to the Louth, as you guys know, Big Lou because you're listening to this stuff. But there's nothing planned. I don't think I convince my wife. I can convince her two years in a row to just go on vacation to meet listeners of the show. I don't think that can happen two years in a row. But what may happen. I know I have to go to North Carolina. There's a my Actually I'm going to South Carolin. I'm going to South and North Carolina because my niece I'm getting boy, I'm getting old, she's graduating from college. I'll be in Charleston, South Carolina. And then my wife's one of her relatives lives in North Carolina. So since we're gonna be in the South anyway, we're gonna drive from from South Carolina Charleston up to some town I don't even know which in North Carolina. So there's a chance I may be able to do a flash mob malor meet and if anyone knows somebody like in either Charleston or somewhere I don't even know the town, I'll have to look up the town. I'll have to say it in a future episode where I kind of the general area I will be. But if somebody has like a bar, a restaurant, or has a friend that does have something that we can meet at, that's always the hardest part is to find out where to meet. I did a mallord flash mob Mala meat and greet in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was visiting my brother and we didn't have a restaurant, but my brother had a friend that owned a Mexican restaurant in Appleton, Wisconsin, like a Mexican fusion restaurant, and so I said, Hey, We're doing a flash mob Malla meat greet this restaurant in Appleton. And then people were like, what are you doing? Why are you eating Mexican food in Appleton, Wisconsin? What's wrong with you? Busted my balls. There's nothing planned. We will do at least one in southern California. I think that's pretty safe to say. I think we have a venue that is interested in hosting us. Gordon Rightszza Parla. Yeah, let's go a bunch of lunch, Gordon writes, and he says, Ben, I love you your show, You're supporting cast Danny everybody, but you ruin my sleep? What the F? I think we have a funny bone In commed he says, I'm retired. I moved to Florida. Moved from Florida, rather from Florida to Pickens, South Carolina. Oh maybe I'll meet Gordon when I go to South Carolina. I don't where's Pickens, South Carolina? Never heard of that? He says. My wife also retired from a family therapy practice. I taught in university and have been in business. But funny stuff is my heart. And he talks about his casting arounds creative outlet. He started a Facebook group called the Parking Club dedicated to parking as close as your destination or store as close to your destination of store as you possibly are able to, and he says points are self awarded. He says, I love that kind of stuff. Well, that's that's very funny.
Speaker 3: Gordon.
Speaker 1: I love it. I could win a lot of points on that. The closest I've ever parked at a store was in Kawai where your your your Spawn there has a named after we were There was a big storm that passed through like a flash storm. We were in a kmart in Kawai and this massive store of storm came through and the lights actually went out. The power went out in the kmar and so I, oh, crap, we got to get out of here. You know, I can send a kmar. I think that place closed. We're going out of business anyway. So the wife was there, so I was like, all right, and I'll do the adult thing. So I went out in the storm and it slowed down a little bit, and I pulled the car up and drove on the sidewalk right to the front of the door of the kmart so the wife could get in there in the rainstorm. I was technically parked right in front of the door of a kmart. What about you, Danny any close parking.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit of a remix though, because it's somebody parking very close to me. It was their destination. Though out kicked the coverage. I had my car parked on a level by itself where nobody usually parked at that time in the morning. Veto our production guy came in. He showed me a picture on his phone and he's like, look at what some asshole did to your car. No, boy, one hundred spots wide opened. Somebody parked so close to my car there was no way they opened their door and could get out, so I guess they got out through their passenger side, which freaked me out. I'm like, why did somebody do that? I still I have a picture of it. I still have never figured out who did that or why?
Speaker 1: Trying to bust your balls, That's what it felt like. That has happened a few times where I've come out to my car and somebody parked so close I couldn't get in my car. Are that is the worst.
Speaker 4: They were blocking their own driver's side by being so close to my passenger side.
Speaker 1: Got you, got you? Got you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Very strange.
Speaker 4: That is bizarre, Like did this person crawl out the back of their vehicle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is that about? Jim writes in from Parts Unknown? He says, hey, guys, enjoyed the podcast? How much? He says, how much of your show? Is scripted, and how much time do you spend writing it. Who sits on the writing sessions. Well, Jim, as you know, I'm the talent. So Cooper Loup actually writes the entire show. Yeah, he's the head writer on the show. And then Eddie is part of that, and iowa Sam and then I rolled in about a minute before the show. Sometimes I'll even come in after the show starts and I'll sit down and I'll just they hand me the copy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Remember when you worked on the show, Danny, we did the table read during the day. That was always exciting.
Speaker 4: That was fun and I really like you got to mention who still works for our group there downstairs.
Speaker 3: He is the teleprompter man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, even though you don't.
Speaker 4: Use teleprompter for television the way Looney does you use a teleprompter for your live radio show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so everything is you know, I don't know how much time they spend it on They probably spend about eight nine hours a day writing the scripts for the monologues in fact checking, you know, we're rapping and all that. And it's really good too. I just roll in there and then whatever they write, I just read it. I'm like a train seal. I just bounce the ball on my head and I read the copy. It's a It's a great way to work, you know. And I really want to thank Coop and those guys for writing the show because it means a lot. It does, and it makes my life easy. Danny, I get all the glory.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: People say, oh, man, you write these big monologues. You start like at five o'clock in the afternoon getting ready for the show. That's amazing, right, That's nuts. I mean, but no, I don't. I don't. I'm sitting on my ass. I'm watching YouTube videos.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing. I'm not. Come on, you think I'm the talent. You think I would spend time writing scripts for a radio.
Speaker 3: It's radio.
Speaker 4: Even though a lot of people don't know this about you, But even though it's twenty twenty four, you're still capturing Pokemon on your phone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love Pokemon. I'm playing Mario Brothers. I'm old school man. I'm going to the art I'm going to the Arcade. I got the Orange Julius. I'm playing Tron all the old video games. Great time. Yeah, thank you, Jim.
Speaker 3: You're going into Hollywood video.
Speaker 1: Steve in Chicago. It's Chicago adjacent, Steve says. He says, Ben and Danny. I know this is not a political podcast, but oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: Now, when the word butt is said, you know what means what that means? Right, when the word butt is there, that means that whatever you just said is live and you don't believe whatever you just say.
Speaker 4: About to be a big ass, that's the.
Speaker 1: Butt, yeah, he says. But Steve says, we need the malor wisdom. How do we get younger people to run and become president of the United States? Yeah, well, I guess you got to offer more money. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, this is interesting because Alex Tyshirt, Rob Gara, Wrong Button, Bob, and myself. Just a couple of weeks ago, somebody in the studio brought that up that we haven't had young leadership in our country for a long time. We got all these dudes that are the age of our grandparents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, Trump is seventy. I guess he turns seventy eight this summer. Biden turned eighty one last November. I mean, so there are already on borrowed time, right, the average American male lifespans I think seventy five. I think so they're already in bonus time. They're in overtime right now. Good for them. Although Trump seems to be doing better than Biden. But I who's I guess they I'm mumbling here. But Obama didn't. They thought when Obama won he was considered the young hip guy. But how old was he when he became president.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question. Let's see.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see. I'm pulling that up right now. Let's go go godget go, Internet go.
Speaker 1: I think I have it. I have it. I have it, Danny, I win the race.
Speaker 3: My internet gave me a big middle.
Speaker 1: Forty seven years and one hundred and sixty nine days at the time of inauguration. See the youngest president. People think it's John F. Kennedy, But the youngest president was Theodore Roosevelt when at the time of inauguration he was forty two years, three hundred, three hundred and twenty two days. Yes, he was a little younger than John F. Kenny Bill Clinton. Way back in the nineties, he was actually the third youngest. So we did have in our lifetimes. A a real young I guess, but no one. What's the minimum age to be president? Is it forty? Is that the minimum age to be president?
Speaker 3: Thirty five?
Speaker 1: I think you're not gonna get anyone younger than that, So yeah, I don't. It's an interesting question, Steven, if we had the answer. But you got to go to politics when you're in your twenties, and you gotta but you gotta have that. Rathmetask the other problem. Let's be honest here, most of the people that are into politics are older, right, for some reason. Before you check it out, you suddenly become very concerned about politics. And it's like the new sports. It's when you're younger, you pull for the for the Dodger of the Reds. I mean, you get older, it's team blue or team red. It's the that's what it's about.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 4: I still can't listen to political talk radio. It's just so boring to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could, I could make it to make it somewhat better.
Speaker 3: You could make him through ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm backuld if I did it, I could make it. Interestingly, the average presidents are sworn in at age fifty.
Speaker 4: Five. I know Reagan was almost seventy four, right, because he was the oldest prior to Biden.
Speaker 1: Well, no, actually Trump Trump Trump Reagan and then Biden Trump Trump.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Reagan was the oldest. He was sixty nine, almost seventy years old, sixty nine years three.
Speaker 4: Hundred and then seventy three when he was reelected, yeah.
Speaker 1: The second time. But uh, Trump seventy years old when he was elected the forty fifth president, and then Biden seventy eight. Man a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, we just had President's Day a week or so ago, some fun presidential facts.
Speaker 1: Thanks to you, Steve and your little butt that you tossed in there. Tim and Iowa or Tim Wrightson not in Iowa? Say, is that Iowa Sam moving on to the dreaded first shift and where? Uh? Yeah, this has been going on for several months, but Iowa sim Is is leaving the overnight and I think are we allowed to say where we'll be hanging out? Danny, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: We've all had our fingers up our butts on this one because we were waiting for somebody to be trained on some of the weekend shows that way Lorena could move and join your show. And Iowa Sam, I believe he is going to be now in charge of mopping the fifth floor of our building day.
Speaker 1: But only the fifth floor, not the fourth or the sixth, only the.
Speaker 3: Fifth floor, just the fifth floor.
Speaker 1: He just has to do it Monday through Friday because nothing gets dirty on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he said he wanted better hours, so they said nine am to three pm, you're sweeping the fifth floor.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a promotion.
Speaker 4: They're actually paying them five dollars more per hour than for what he did on your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. He's debating that or becoming a bus driver. You know what is funny is the like you know, on radio, things change, roles change, and we're all like, I don't know what we can say and what we can't say. Right away, when we found out that Iowa Sam was going to leave the show, Eddie on Eddie would be like and in his retirement tour is you know, it's goodbye tour or whatever, Like he's the departing Eddie didn't waste any time. He's like, oh yeah, Iowa Sam's leaving. Like he's sitting on the air, I'm like, what are you doing. You're not supposed to say that.
Speaker 3: Come on, I love how Eddie has zero filter. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And by the way, this might be even more entertaining than Iowa Sam talk.
Speaker 3: The first left handed president ever jams Garfield.
Speaker 1: Oh that's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is one twentieth president of the Did you know Andrew Jackson was the first of seven presidents born in a log cabin.
Speaker 1: I did not know who was the first president that was a college graduate because there there wasn't a lot of the early presidents didn't go to college because there was no college to go to. So they couldn't go to college because there was no college. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sean Adams is that right, graduated with a Bachelor of Arts and he was a waiter right after that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Grover Cleveland the only president in history to hold the job of a hangman. That Wow, he was a hangman. He was once that game. He was once the sheriff of Erie County, New York, and twice had to spring the trap at a hanging so he killed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did that on chalkboards at school the way we did. He actually had young people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, did you know that the the S and Harry S. Truman does not stand for anything. Yeah, so therefore there is no period after his middle initial. It's just his parents gave him an S as his middle name. Middle letter man. All Right, I love presidential random fun facts about anything. What the hell masshole? Mickey writes in on the Pot, He says, from the Commonwealth, what is your number on a concert that you've attended? And that what made it number one on your big board? Mine is a tie between a perfect circle and four and Roger Walter or Waters twenty ten, roughly a week after my mom. My mom passed away. That's pretty cool. I have not been to many content. I can count on one hand how many concerts I've been to the coolest experience I ever had was when I did security for Kiss FM in La of the radio station and they had the what was it, Wango Tango I think is what it was called. They still I don't know if they still do that. There was a Wango Tango concert and they were so cheap, which is great radio story. They just had people volunteer to work different jobs at Wango Tango, and I was a big guy, so they had me kind of do security and I got to hang out and escort. They also had professional security, but I was like, in addition, Hoody and the Blowfish were the big the big act that I was around in those days. But so that was like a big fond memory. But Danny, you've been to I'm sure a bunch of concerts, many more than I over the years.
Speaker 4: At the hip hop pop up, you probably saw some Biggie memorabilia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there was a bunch of Biggi stuff there for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the legendary notorious Big. I saw him perform at km EL Summer Jam in Mountain View, California when I was a kid. It was such a memorable performance because it was a super a festival show, summer Jam it used to be. It was super hot that day at Shoreline Amphitheater, so hot that Biggie's DJ was having trouble with his vinyl records as he was trying to play the instrumentals for Biggie to wrap over, and the songs kept skipping and going off beat, and Biggie got so pissed he threw a water bottle at his DJ. At the time, obviously Biggie didn't know why is He must have thought his DJ had drank too much or something.
Speaker 3: It turns out it was so hot his DJ's records warped. Is that they were.
Speaker 1: From the heat of the sun.
Speaker 3: They were wharping.
Speaker 4: And when that happens to a vinyl record, look it up on the internet. And of course he couldn't stay on beat. So the poor DJ was doing his and Biggie just went off on his microphone and people were scratching their heads wondering what the hell was going on. But still before that happened, it was amazing to hear him rap live. And by the way, that was my very first concert as a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty cool. Didn't you tell a story about that happening to you with the heat in the car?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had the same problem.
Speaker 4: I drove up to northern California to do a Reunion gig and it was so hot outside. It was an outdoor event. It was so hot that my control, my Serrato control records warped from the sun and the heat.
Speaker 3: Really hard day to DJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the middle part of California is ridiculously hot. It is. That's why they grow all the vegetables and all that stuff there. It's just insane. Audigen's But thank you masshole Mickey. And you said your mom passed away around twenty ten. My mom passed in twenty thirteen, so not that far after that. A Xavier writes, since its Ben, is this the year I can get my hopes up for your Clippers to represent the West and the finals. Well, it is Hip the Clip, Savior, it is Hip the Clip And things are looking good right now as long as we make some kind of deal with the devil. If the Clippers do win, I know it's gonna happen. Say, well, it's a conspiracy because Balmer built that arena and they wanted Balmer to have a trophy and all that when they move into the Intuit Dome next year. But yeah, things are looking pretty good. That there are if you were if you were to look at a big board, there are roughly five teams that you would say championship, legitimate shot at championship, and the Clippers are one of those five teams.
Speaker 3: What is still wrong with the Clippers?
Speaker 1: So they're right there in the conversation to win an NBA championship. But the problem is these guys all get hurt and they've been mostly healthy, which is shocking. But I'm always waiting for the other to shoot to drop. I'm always waiting for the other shoot to.
Speaker 4: Drop or and you guys need somebody to never for Harden when he vomits all over his sneakers.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay because we have four guys. Anybody on the Clippers is half of what Kobe Bryant is. That was That was clearly edited. I never never said, is what you're playing here wrong? One time I sat down and watched an episode of Like on the Spectrum, which was a Netflix dating show for people with autism. Does that sound right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw that. That was pretty crazy. Well, what's the craziest stuff you watched there, Danny?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I love trash TV. Love Is Blind season six. Have you heard everybody buzzing about that?
Speaker 1: I have her a little talk. I've not seen any of that.
Speaker 4: There's a girl on there who told the guy they have a wall between them because they're in a pod. Yeah, you're not supposed to see what the other person looks like, and you're not supposed to describe yourself. But the guy asked her, does anybody tell you you look like any certain celebrity?
Speaker 3: And she made the mistake of telling him Megan Fox, she looks more like Megan trainer.
Speaker 1: Hoo goofed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she.
Speaker 4: Has been roasted on social media the past week or so.
Speaker 1: It's funny, Mike and Fullerton, we do a couple more Mike, and Fullerton writes in says, I've been and Danny, I've got a sporty question for you guys this week. Would you rather be able to slam, dunk or make a three pointer from anywhere on the court? That's his question. He says. Also, when your milk is starting to spoil, do you immediately pour it all out or do you give it one more go? I give it one more go, maybe even two yo, says Mike in fulletsin. So as you know Mike from being a fan of the show. Back in the day when I played ball, I was known as Moneyball Maller and you know mister net in the bottom of the net and all that, and shot the.
Speaker 4: Circus shot, Yeah, the high arching shot sponsored by Kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Shoes, a rain maker. They called the game was dunker u.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I watched there was a guy named Purvish Short who played in the NBA long ago and you know, he was old. When I was a.
Speaker 3: Kid, never heard of him.
Speaker 1: I watched him shoot before. I went to a Clipper game. Before the Clipper game, and he shot the highest arcing shot. It was the most beautiful shot. When it went in, it barely touched the net. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: You know what Crawford used to shoot the ball like that, Jamal Crawford. Yeah, Jamal Crawford. He shot rainbow threes and I loved even though I know I wanted the Lakers to sign him. Yeah, you're right. There were rumors that he was going to sign with the Lakers. It never it never happened, and he kind of quietly went off into the sunset at the end of his career. But boy, man, I used to love watching him shoot the ball because it's how you win at a like a theme park. Yesterday we talked about Universal Studios. Whenever they have that three point shot to win a stuffed animal, you have to hiarch the ball like that because they have the rims smaller than normal, so the ball has to drop straight down through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure, for sure. Jamal Crawford was a good player for a number of years. Great guy off the bench for the Lob City Flippers back in the day. Who else do we have? Keavin Kevin in Kansas, says Ben and Danyge. Since retiring last spring, I've done a lot of subbing, which tuts me around coughing, hacking, and sneezing students of all ages. Currently, I am sucking on some garlic ear like candy. Well, good for you, Kevin, That's what I do. I did remember to remove all that paper like skin this time. Well that is important. Besides that, what are your guys go to remedies at this time of the year? Thanks so well. Garlic is mine. I've talked about that a lot of the years I've been stayed relatively healthy. I made it through the entire football season without getting sick and was able to do the TV show without illness all year, which was pretty cool. The other thing, which I have added, because my mother in law is a nurse and it has been a nurse for many, many years, there's this supplement pack. It's called Emergency I believe it's what it's called, YEP, and so I will use that. She recommended it, and since she's a nurse, I figure she probably knows what she's talking about. And so when you start feeling sick, I do the garlic and then I supplement that with It's a little powder mix and you can get it at Costco or any.
Speaker 4: Of the big Costco is the best place to get it because you get a big pack for an affordable price.
Speaker 1: It's like tangerine flavor. They have different flavors and just mix it with water and take it like a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A teacher invented that airborne years ago, and after airborne emergency merged onto the scene, and that's been a really popular thing. Right before you get on an airplane and when you're traveling, because obviously you're breathing all the same air as all the other passengers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those are those are a couple of things. Any other remedies from the old country.
Speaker 4: Danny got to take a lot of zinc and just a ton of fluid's a ton of water. Yeah, you really got to drink a shit ton of waters, zinc and emergency.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Kevin. By the way, you're retired, but you're still teaching, so you're kind of not I mean, I know you do it when you want subbing, but you're still still out there. You're still in the battlefield, Ian writes, says, my question is can you please stop yelling number one? It kills my ear drums. Other than that, the show is great, well, Ian, it's kind of what we do on the show. I did. I want to mention Jonathan from Delaware, formerly from Philly, Barry from South Carolina, and my guy Mason the Millennial. All those guys, and there were several others that had got right down the names. They sent very nice messages. They were saddened about Rachel from Montabello's passing, so thank you, thank you for that. Also, I saw Mason. He was upset with the toolbag Carol. He said, and I don't have time to read that, Mason, but I thank you for your message. We learned this week that Mason the Millennial, the nicest comas mellowist guy that just like smokes weed all the time's kind of cool. Mellow guy actually went to jail for dealing drugs. That was kind of wild. That was a wild fun fact that we learned this week.
Speaker 3: Smoke weed every day.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'll be back tonight on the radio on the radio eleven pm in the West and two am in the East. I think this is a big week coming up, Danny. If I'm correct, I think the scouting Combine.
Speaker 3: Is that starts on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've got the scouting Combine to look forward to, which will feed the content machine of sports radio.
Speaker 4: So how many times are we going to hear announcers say guys running in their underwear?
Speaker 1: The underwear Olympics are my favorite? The underwear LERI it's a meat market. I will use all those terms on the radio. All. I will use all of them absolutely, the scouting combine, and I cannot wait to see the vertical jump, the three cone drill, and the sixty yard shuttle. That is what I look forward to, right, All it's the measurables. You got to get all the lingo, Danny. It's all about the measurables, right, all about the eye test, coachability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you hear this year they added the groupie impregnation.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a that's a big one, right Instagram booty models for a thousand sliding into the DMS. They can add that to the get it anyway. I have a wonderful day, and Danny, you'll be back tomorrow, right Gomino and Rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Monday afternoon for a fun show with Last One Standing, our game where you can hear Ben's voice in the imaging the big production. Ben says, last one Standing, and then the beat starts and I come in for the game. It's a fun game. Monday afternoon two to four pm on the West. That's five to seven pm in beautiful South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Charleston, South Carolina, which I will be visiting first time ever. At some point in a couple of months, I'll be in Charleston. I have a wonderful, wonderful day.
Speaker 3: Later, skater got a murder. I gotta go.