Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcome's Dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth. Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland, It's David Nihil Me second and third Comedy Off Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the.
Speaker 2: Area thirty eight years later.
Speaker 1: Call E five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot.
Speaker 2: Com Coy off Bay.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone on Kentucky Sports Radio, Tuesday, April to twenty second. I'm Matt Jones. It is Earth Day. It's Earth Day, Earth Day. What do you do on Earth Day? Planet tree? Are you all going to plant a tree somewhere?
Speaker 5: I'm still digging up my yard from oles. That's how I'm celebrating Earthday.
Speaker 4: So happy Earth Date. Everyone, Take care of the planet and give us sell the Clark's Pumping Shop fold line. We will take calls today eight fib' nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A vision auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. Had great texts all day during the show yesterday and last night. Nice to hear from everybody in the this this edition sponsor a BYuT TJ. Smith Lofas called Tjil Make Them Pay. We are here at the Chos Bar and Grill where you can come have lunch. It's a beautiful day. We're getting our little tarp out here taken off this week and then we'll have the patio. Nice. We got people here. We got people from Russell County, e Town, Somerset, Scott County, all here today for my first show back. And you are honoring the Pope. It looks like yeah, but we didn't get to talk about that yesterday. I didn't expect to start with someone dying. But rest in peace to the Pope who passed away at eighty eight. And you're wearing a Pope T shirt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jack's given the teas made these T shirts where father Jim.
Speaker 4: Sico.
Speaker 6: Sico presented a Pope jersey to the Pope, and so they made a T shirt that I think that it was one of the coolest pictures I've seen, kind of you know.
Speaker 4: Alright, so you just you're you're wearing it out.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Pope passes away, which is very sad eighty eight years old. You know, I don't have a pope ranking system, uh, because I don't. I don't know a lot of the popes. I remember when I was a kid, it was Pope John Paul the second. Oh, it felt like he was Pope for a long long time. And then wasn't there somebody else before this one? It was there was a short guy and they're not very long. Yeah, he didn't stay very long. And then they've had this one for a while. Seems like a good fella, very compassionate. But he died right after jd Vance talked to it. Yes, like jd Vance sees him. He talk about a KSR curse. Jd Vance curse. He dies like right after it. And now we get a conclave, which we've seen the movie and we know what happens.
Speaker 6: All the politic and that goes on. The conclaves starting already that all the cardinals got to go excited and they started. I think they're all arriving. They're not all there yet.
Speaker 4: So they come for the funeral and then does the conclave start right after? So what happens in the end, What if they need a pope in the interim.
Speaker 6: I'll probably have assistant pope.
Speaker 4: Pope Ivice Pope. You think there's an assistant pope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, got Andrew Haig that stands up and says, I now I'm in charge.
Speaker 4: Andrew what Haig?
Speaker 6: Haig?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about that dude? During when Reagan was president?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's again.
Speaker 4: How do you know things like literally I asked you yesterday one through five and you said seven, and now you're mentioning. And I don't even think his name was Andrew Haig.
Speaker 6: Was Alexander Alexander Hag For people.
Speaker 4: Who don't remember, like President Reagan got shot and George Bush was like out of the country or something, and I think it was Alexander. He stood up and go I'm the president and he wasn't. He wasn't, and everybody was like, hey, dude, chill, you're not the president.
Speaker 6: But they got they got one of the cardinals back there probably doing that right now. I am in charge right now.
Speaker 4: So have you seen did you say?
Speaker 5: Just well, I watched it during the Final four. I saw I watched it recently. During the final Well, I mentioned this for You're God, but Duke was up so big. I turned on Conquer then switched to bat you like I did, uh rp to the pope. But I would actually like to be locked in with all the boys, like voting for something like we can't leave. We're all in there together till we you know, whatever we're deciding. I think that would be kind of fun.
Speaker 4: They already have odds online, Shannon. You can you can bet on which seems which seems to me to be I'm not Catholic, but it seems to be sacrilegious if you're betting on who's going to be the pope. First of all, how would you know, Like, like who out there has been studying the draft tape of all the cardinals.
Speaker 6: They got a plan, I got somebody.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a combine where they all sit there and go all right, let me see your prayer time.
Speaker 7: Should we do a fade this and make our pick of the crown is literally literally, the crown will be yours on DraftKings.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't expect to start with the pope today, but all right, Pete of the Pope. I like this Pope, and good luck to whoever. By the way, you get to choose your name too. Yes, it's choosing because his name was not Francis. He chose it. So the new one gets to just choose their name, which is kind of exciting. It is kind of like like you didn't like the name you got.
Speaker 6: Change it would if you were matt Well.
Speaker 4: I mean you need people from the Bible, right, so I'd be h Well, I mean matt Matthew, Matthew. I think i'd be Pope, Pope Matthew. I just be like what I got was good, Pope Andrew. It's pretty easy. Yeah, what did you Ryan? There's no Ryan.
Speaker 6: Chet Pope Chad rack Mesa could have been to go would be good for.
Speaker 4: You, dude, Dude, Shannon, the pope. The Pope is a good one. All right. So let's get back to non pope related talk. Yesterday, as soon as we got off the show, Kentucky right after the show gets Denzel Aberdeen. Uh, he commits from Florida. He was the sixth man on their team last year, one of those you know, they had like four great guards and he was one of them. Uh, when he he averaged I think, what what I mean, what do you have for the year like pint seven? But when he started he had some games he started, he averaged fourteen in those games. So, uh, he is not your classic like definite three point shooter, which was kind of what I thought they would get. But he is a guy who can shoot, get to the basket. Really good defender. I think could end up being like our quote unquote lockdown defender when they want to guard somebody on the outside, you know. Surprising leaves the national championship team where people thought he would start to stay in conference. Florida fans are mad, like when we go down to Swamp if we I think we go there next year, he's gonna get booed out of the gym. But a great pickup. And reports are UK basketball Drew is now done with recruiting. I haven't gotten the call saying Pope's ready to come on yet, so I'm not gonna confirm, but still yet maybe done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems they're they're done with the portal. I guess there's a high school player they're still considering for, but that would be like.
Speaker 4: It's a developmental guy, He's like, he's Han's from Beckley, West Virginia, which you may remember is Sex Town. Uh from my friends, what are you looking at me? I've told the story one hundred you meet up, Yeah, that's where they would meet up with his girlfriend. But anyway, you like, you like the Denzel Aberdeen pick up.
Speaker 5: I like the addition because he can He backed up Walter Clayton at point guard, so we can do some ball handling behind Jayalen Lowe really good defensively. I did a big thorough breakdown of all his stats yesterday, as you mentioned, when he actually started, because they were very crowded with Elijah Martin, Walter Clayte. He wasn't taken their minutes, but he shot forty one percent from three and had fifteen points a game in the five sec starts. But my favorite part of anything is Florida fans didn't want to lose him. It seems a lot of them on Twitter very angry. I got on their message boards this. They're not just mad at him for going across conference. They genuinely wanted him to be a big piece next season, so they're Uh. The fact that it hurt them tells me what A kind of important.
Speaker 4: Point it see to me, is he probably was going to start for Florida coming off a national title, and I'm not sure he's going to start here, right. I think he might be the sixth man here because I Jalen Low is gonna start at point guard and always gonna play, and I just can't imagine that Jasper Johnson came here not to start, So I kind of think he's coming here to be the sixth man when he might have started at Florida. Which gets me the second point, which is Jeff Goodman says Kentucky has spent more money on their roster than any team in the country, over ten million dollars. Thinks we're gonna end up with the highest NIL payroll. Now, of course you can never confirm that, but I think that surprised some people. Are you so, first of all, do you like the Aberdeen pickup? And then are you surprised we might have the biggest nil?
Speaker 6: I really like the Aberdeen pickup. And you know, just in the National championship game, he was on the floor for the final four or five minutes when they made their big comeback. You know, he was that vital of a player and I agree with you. I don't think he'll start. But he's so comfortable coming off the bench now as a sixth man. Maybe that's kind of appealing to him. Maybe he wants to be that guy to come off the bench and provide us.
Speaker 4: I think Kentucky was like, they wanted to wrap this up. Yeah, you know, he didn't want because the portal closes today. We talked about how there was this endless supply of salmon, but the supply ends today. And I think the thought was, Okay, maybe we get the kid from Kansas. Maybe we get but like, we know, we get this kid, so let's just do it. Twelve million dollars, they're saying, our payroll could be ten to twelve million dollars. A couple of interesting things to me about that. I knew Kentucky would be competitive with Innisle Funds. But when I was I had one. I did one call when I was in the Netherlands about recruiting, and I talked to a person and I said, this was before we had gotten Jayalen Lowell, right, and so I was like, you know, we're not getting people. Do we have the money to compete? And the person said to me the money is fine, and they said it like, don't even worry about it, which makes me think, Drew, they must like in this inile world, say Kentucky's not going second, which is I think good. Maybe a little surprising.
Speaker 5: Well, we all thought BYU has been the most money because they've been thrown around a lot of it too. And even uh Chickentown down there with Cal and Tyson, I thought they'd be among the topspin.
Speaker 4: Now or Louisville, lois WI will spend a lot too early.
Speaker 5: They're sitting around. They got they overpaid for three guys right away.
Speaker 4: Michigan has got a lot too. But uh, it shouldn't be too surprising. I'm sure Joe Kraft has been a big part of this, but I didn't expect people to be saying number one overall and over you know, ten to fifteen million dollars is what they're spending. That's wild. Now, I'm not I have no idea, and I mean this, I have no idea who's giving the money. I'm going to assume the crafts are a big part of it, but I do not know that for certain. Here's what I do know. When two years ago, when John cal Perry was here, the money was gone, like they were not able to raise money, part of the reason when they launched Club Blue. It has gone extremely well since, but it was a complete disaster when it first started in terms of the money being raised it because remember we did that the whole story about the commercial and all that stuff, and if nothing else, Pope has made it to where these people want to give money. So if Kaled come back, we always argue, well, would this have happened. With this have happened, he wouldn't have had any money. He got money at Arkansas, and we got money here with him leaving, But I don't think that would have happened if they were at the same play.
Speaker 6: It's an amazing one pint eighty going from nothing and now they've got money coming out their wazoo. And I think you're right. I think Pope is a big reason why I think they believe in him. He's got these boosters back on board, and that's why the money's gonna be there now. If they needed to recruit these kids.
Speaker 4: And this might be the last year where that matters that way, we might have a completely different system next year where it's revenue sharing the money goes down, you actually have to get ads. By the way, I think that's a system that will help Kentucky as well, because we actually have low local businesses is now doing endorsement deals. But Kentucky, Now, how good is the roster in europeion? Is this a final four roster? I think so part of it.
Speaker 5: I wondered if it was just me being too excited and you know, being a fan. But then just reading the internet yesterday, I mean, there's been some new rankings come out where they're top five. There's been some accounts I really trust, some national accounts say Kentucky, if Mark Pope can make all these pieces fit, this will be the best roster in college basketball. So I already thought it because I've liked all the additions, especially assuming quaintance gets healthy. But seeing people who are just completely objective and don't have a care in the world about who's the best them saying Kentucky is going to be a leader, that gets me even more excited.
Speaker 4: Here's what I like about. Here's how I know our fans like it. I said Kentucky would be top five to eight next year, and people were mad at me. They didn't think that was high enough. By the way, if we're number one, guess what that also is top five?
Speaker 9: Yes it is?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean number one is in the top five to eight. Here here's why I like the lineup. We got at least one and maybe two of everything. Yep, Okay. Last year we had we I think we had all of the starting pieces to be really good, but we really didn't have a second line that could do it. Next year, our second team is also very good. So what, in my opinion, you want to win in March? What do you need? You need guards who can go get you a shot down the stretch. We have Jalen Lowe, we have Otaga Oway, and we might maybe Jasper Johnson. Is that too? Right? You need guys who can shoot. We have nine different guys who in their career have shown the ability to shoot threes. Okay, you gotta have you gotta protect the rim. We got tons of size, right, Garrison, the Croatian kid, you know Malachai Moreno, they got a ton of size. You need physical toughness. That's something we didn't have last year. That's why you go get Diabate right, and Garrison can be a tough guy if he wants to be and then you get you need role players who can come in nail the corner three. That's that Cam Williams kid from from Tulane. I think they have everything they need. The only my only question is do you have a star star? Do you have Walter Clayton Junior? Do you have Cooper Flack? You know, Houston, We're built like Houston was last year in some ways, and there was a couple times when you watch Houston where it was like they need a bucket and it's not one hundred percent sure who's gonna go get it. But that's the only weak I don't even know if it's a weakness. That's my only concern because otherwise you got you got twelve guys, maybe thirteen guys that can play, And to me, I don't know how you can't love that.
Speaker 5: So they go, ohway, it might be preseason All American. He might be, So that could be your saying gets a little better.
Speaker 4: If history three point shooting gets better, he's an All American. His three point shooting needs to be a little bit more consistent. But if he gets it, he's in All America.
Speaker 6: So does that having you know all this depth to it each spot, all the right pieces. Does that overcome not having a star in your mind?
Speaker 4: I'm not saying we don't have a star. I'm saying I'm just not one hundred percent sure who it will be. But you got everything you want, yep. I don't know for preseason. Number one, Purdue's gonna be really good because they got the one kid coming back. Houston will be good. You know, all of our rivals, like Lui's gonna be good, Arkansas is gonna be good by you is not a rival, but the Pope thing. They're gonna be good. But I love where we are. The SEC will not be as good as it was last year. It'll still be really but it's not gonna be what it was last year. So Drew, I like like where we stand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like you're eleven, twelve, and thirteen is probably gonna be Marino A McDonald's All American, Travis Perry who had to start games last year, and Trent tru I mean those guys were outside of Reno. Those two were playing quality minutes on last year's team and they might be sitting at the end of.
Speaker 4: The It's gonna be three dudes from Kentucky that we know at least two of them have played already when we had two, so I it reminds me of twenty Now. Look, twenty fifteen had a ton more top end NBA town. But you remember who the eleventh and twelfth man were, Dominie Hawkins and Derek Willis, both of whom ended up having really good careers at Kentucky. So kind of reminds me of that a little bit. If I'm nine to two, eight oh, twenty two eighty seven, we're gonna take a break. We're here at ks Bar. It's Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio. Wait, they're handing out pickleball paddles where.
Speaker 3: Shaded the Lovell Slugger filled for the Bats game coming up this week?
Speaker 4: What day? Uh?
Speaker 3: I'd have to go back and listen, But I mean, why do you care? You're not gonna go get them.
Speaker 4: No, I want to go and take them all break. That's what I would like.
Speaker 3: You know, your boy Ryan got into pickleball while you were gone.
Speaker 4: I'm s heard. I didn't want to talk about I'm already disappointed.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to admit that to you, sir.
Speaker 4: But did you enjoy it.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, I didn't want to hear Shannon ran me all over the court with Shan.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was.
Speaker 6: He taught me how to play first time we ever played part.
Speaker 5: Of their bros Week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know it's fine. I'm gonna let you all do it enough and then I'll play once and beat you all and make you all retire. It'll be a loser leaves town match up. If I be shing, if I beat you, you have to quit. Okay. If you beat me, then I have to play.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I like that. You have to have to play like once a week. Get to join a league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you give me ten minutes to warm up. I'll beat you. You might, but just because I'm used to like.
Speaker 2: But I'm good. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 4: I'm I could see that you have you have hand eye coordination, so I could see you being Ryan.
Speaker 3: Could not move, you know, for a guy who's the stolen based leader at Kentucky Wesley, And.
Speaker 4: You're gonna let him say that about you. You can't move?
Speaker 2: Can I move?
Speaker 6: I was sore for three days after we played.
Speaker 4: Growing.
Speaker 6: Yes, you pulled your growing playing pickleball and running me all over the court. Yes, I'll bet all.
Speaker 4: These people that come into the bar and tell me they play pickleball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't pull their growing Well, I don't exercise at all.
Speaker 4: We need to. You need to have you thought about that? You're like seventy three. Now, isn't it time to get into a little bit of exercise. Probably that's why I think pickleball is the answer. Well, apparently not. One person on text machine rights Matt, in what ways will our team be better next year? And in what ways will they be worse? I mean, obviously this is a gas because we don't know, but we're gonna be I think I feel very confident saying Drey, we're gonna be much better defensively, much better defensively, Like we we got like five guys who can guard. Last year we had like one and a half or two. Maybe we'll have Kuanamari three. But in general, much better, defensively, much tougher. If you're gonna say, what are we gonna be worse? Were probably not gonna be quite as good shooting threes. We're gonna be. You know, that team when they got hot, could make a ton of threes. This team probably takes a s at back in threes. More Atlantic, more defense, better defense. That's the way I would look at it. Yeah, I love that pope.
Speaker 5: I think when he got to the SEC he looked around was like, WHOA, this league's different. Yeah, he knew he had to go out and get physical on that defense. I think they finished just outside the top fifty last year, but at one point they're outside the top one hundred. But he obviously made that a priority. They have several guys that can guard. They could even have a five that's all defense and two knock on everything. They're gonna be healthier, hopefully, because I can't imagine having a team anything like last year. That was just unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Luck well, that's probably why you got thirteen players. I also think you're gonna have something that's gonna be great, which is they're gonna be able to switch at almost every position. Yes, you know what I mean, Like, like think about last year. Okay, if Andrew Carr gets switched on a point guard, you're dead. You're just you're dead. If Lamont Butler gets switched on a center, you're dead. That doesn't happen to somebody, could you. You're gonna have a lot of guys who can switch it every position. I think it'll make it to where we're much better.
Speaker 6: To Yeah, Debaute, who's guarding a lot of the smaller twos and threes at Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Brandon Garrison is not the greatest at that, but he can do it. Olah. He was awesome because he did. You're exactly right.
Speaker 5: He was getting really comparisons.
Speaker 4: At least for a night. So I think that that versatility is also gonna be uh, gonna be big. Who's up first, Doug, Doug? How are you, Doug?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great, man. I've got a question for all of you guys. Okay, you know, I think everybody would agree that last year or Tago alway was the surprise of the team.
Speaker 4: I don't know that definitely the surprise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, looking at the lineup, everybody we've got on the team now, who is next year is well?
Speaker 4: I think the surprise next year for me is going to be uh, the kid from too Late, Caim Williams. I think he's gonna be I think people are penciling him in. When you look at people, they're saying he's Ansley Almonor. I've had people tell me that's an NBA athlete. Now that doesn't mean he's an NBA player. He's gonna have, but like he is a top level athlete. Ansley was, you know, Mario's favorite player, but he wasn't a top level athlete. I think that guy's gonna be a dude. He's gonna have some games where he comes in and you go, oh, wait a minute, what about this kid? So that's my pick for that. I agree with him a lot.
Speaker 5: I don't think we're talking about him enough, part of because he was the first to commit and we're still in the tournament, but he's in the NBA conversation. He's still young, very athletic. But U for my pick, and I won't say it be quite the O Way season, but I still think Colin Chandler is gonna blow people away next year.
Speaker 4: I would love it. I don't know where he him as a starter, but yeah, maybe it was not crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean once that once he flipped that switch. It was a little late in the year, but we saw the potential as the season then now he's gonna have a whole summer. Remember last year he spent the whole summer just doing conditioning. I mean he was out there without a basketball for a lot of it, just getting acclimated with a basketball again. I think he's due for a big breakout sophomore season.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with Yellowvich, the Croatian sensation. So that's how you say it, Yeah, Yellowvich.
Speaker 4: Alright, I've been invested with his name. We had practice, We had practice, you said, just so, you know, how do you know anything about Yellowvich? I don't, So why are you impressed with it? Oh?
Speaker 6: I think even about his name? That makes sure he got his name right. Uh well, and I know I actually watched the video clips.
Speaker 4: It was a minute and a half.
Speaker 6: He looked fantastic to me. Six nine guy a little older can shoot.
Speaker 2: Playing pickleball with a minute and a half of like he played.
Speaker 4: Someone told me. And I didn't see it, but someone told me he played like last night in his pro league and there were some people online who watched it. Yeah, and he had like eighteen points. So maybe we should look up Drew and see if they're playing okay, and maybe we could even watch it at the bar. Have a Yellowvich.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they're at a casino somewhere playing.
Speaker 4: That's what they do. Look and see if they play, because I think he played like a night or two that might be completely made up. I don't know, but somebody told me we'll be right back to SKSR. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 1: He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Walcome back in his Kentucky Sports Radio A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. One person writes, Matt, is there a timeline on Jaden Quaint's return? Last I heard it was maybe the first month. I've heard like four different things. So I'm gonna wait and see what Pope says. Because I I've heard people say be read to start of the season. I was originally told start of SEC play, So I you know, I'm gonna wait and see. I assume they went and got diabate in part because you got a wait and you don't know what Quaintance is gonna be. But so I don't know.
Speaker 6: When he gets healthy. I mean, he's a stud, he's the He's the guy that could be our superstar if and when he gets healthy one.
Speaker 4: Person, rightes Matt, you said right before you went in your trip or at the beginning of the year, you were going to try to read fifty two books this year for each week, one for each week. Where are you on it? I am. I just finished my thirteenth book last night, So I think I'm a little behind. I think by the end of April. If I was going to keep it to where you'd want to be, you'd want to have read what seventeen And I'm I'll have probably by the end of April fourteen or fifteen. So I'm a little behind. But the summer is the time to catch up, right, So I think I can.
Speaker 6: I think I can just get you some of those that are like just fifty pages long.
Speaker 4: Why would I want to cheat? It's I'm not doing it for myself, so like, why would I want to cheat myself?
Speaker 6: What was the philosopher? You said, you guys read your reading in the spinosa, just catch up on his reading? Can you count those? Can you count those?
Speaker 4: For you? Are hard to read? Like the philosophy books are the ones that would take the longest. It's like fiction that would be the quickest.
Speaker 5: All right, So uh, I found I found the news for our friends at Mega super Bet.
Speaker 4: That's the Supermax Beta Max. Their website says super Bet. The name the team's name is super Beat there super Bet. I like it all right again, the town is yours.
Speaker 5: So they played last night, fourth consecutive win for Mega super Bet.
Speaker 4: That sounds like something if you were like in a foreign country and like they had come in here for Vega super Bet. You know.
Speaker 5: So Bogo le Jump Markovich led super Bet with double double, but right behind him in the second paragraph of the game, right up is our boy andre Yellovich with eighteen points and eight rebounds. They're moving on to the round of twenty nine in the league.
Speaker 4: No, that's not the round promise. I don't know how that round of twenty nine, how that works. But they play on Monday in the round of twenty nine of twenty nine. They're hosting s C Derby. I've heard of them at the Student Sea Skint Center at the Students Center.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yes, he did play and played well.
Speaker 4: He's uh they played. What time they played Monday?
Speaker 5: So they play at eight o'clock at Stogitski Center time, that'd be like two pm here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing the math. All right, So here's what I want to do. I say, Drew, I'm putting you in charge of this. Okay, you have to figure out if this is possible. If you can find a way to get that game, I'll pay for it. No, No, we'll go dark side of the here and it'll be free. Well, we'll watch it here Monday at two pm. We'll have a little Mini Super Beta Max thing. Money's looking at me. Well, it won't be that many people, I promise, don't worry about it won't be that many people. But well, we'll watch.
Speaker 6: It here and wear pink, wear pink.
Speaker 5: We'll super bet on the game.
Speaker 4: I know people have to work and stuff, so you might not be able to come. But like, even if it's just the three of us, we'll watch it. We can live stream, and I mean, I don't think they'll come after us. So look and see if max, if we can get the Mega Super Beta Max game.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: While Monique's listening, she can dollar her favorite Croatian recipes for the menu.
Speaker 4: Do you, Monique, do you have Croatian recipes? She's loving this. Yeah, do you know any Croatian recipes? They do a lot of fish. They do a lot of like calamari and stuff because they're on the ocean. So so anyway, we'll work it out. I'll internet speaking of of of you know, Europe. I have found and I need somebody to help me find them. Here. I have found my new perfect socks. Really all right? So what what what when you buy socks? What are they usually made of? What are the choice? Cotton is the main one, Shannon, You what else? Like silk? Some people have.
Speaker 2: Usually cotton? I would say cotton wool.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I was walking through Altmar as I was waiting to try to get to the soccer game, and they have a market on sad The whole downtown the city shuts down and has a market. That's kind of also why I went there because it's like known as the best market in the now. Huh. Walked all kinds of great stuff. They have the food like strewed, like what do you call it? With the waffle waffle. The point is it's like it's good, all right, doing a great job. You're doing a great job. But anyway, I was at this place and this woman goes, do you want socks? And I thought, well, that's a weird thing to ask me. She said, these are the best socks in the world. They're made of bamboo. See you're shaking your head. They're made of bamboo. And I was like, you know, I didn't come here for socks. I'm probably okay, she said, and she had a very sincere look on her face. She said, I promise you these socks will be the best purchase of your life. Well, when somebody says that Shannon talking about socks, I was like, how much are they seven dollars for two two pairs? Yeah? I said, you know what, if they're gonna be the best socks of my life and you get two of them and I get two pairs, and you have seven dollars and I had seven dollars, I said, you know what, I'm gonna get them best socks in my life. Well, I want to try them now, best socks in my life. Here's why. No, you know I get blisters when I walk a lot. Yeah, no blisters thin so not like cotton, all thick, thin, No blisters, water like, they don't get wet, like you don't sweat right, and then they don't stink. I could walk all day, walk all over town. Take them off they didn't smell. I could wear them for multiple days, still didn't smell. And my feet can stink. I know that if things are not going. Didn't smell. I now have to find and they had like no brand. But I'm now I gotta find where I can get bamboo socks. Here I will not buy. I'm wearing cotton socks right now. I'll not buy another pair of cotton socks if I can find bamboo. I didn't even know that was the thing. I thought bamboo was like sticks, but it's it's it. Socks.
Speaker 6: Are they like dress socks?
Speaker 4: They whether you can get whatever you want. I had like little ankle socks, but you could get whatever you want. Wears.
Speaker 6: We can see them tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to wash them. They I did wear them like a lot, so I have to wash them. But but bamboo socks, that's my little advance Google search.
Speaker 2: They do exist in America, so you can find them. There's capes.
Speaker 4: Are they seven dollars? Uh for two pairs?
Speaker 2: No, they're forty nine forty nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what a bark. She should have bought a lot.
Speaker 2: More forty nine forty for a four pack.
Speaker 4: They're forty nine yeah. Trump you should have.
Speaker 2: You should have gotten a lot more.
Speaker 4: I should have. Yeah, So I'm all in on bamboo socks, just a little piece of I think Hren needs to get a pair. I've seen your socks. Your little piggies are hanging out. Sure, maybe we'll get you a pair of They didn't wear, they didn't sweat. I didn't sweat, they didn't stink they did I didn't have any blisters.
Speaker 6: This lady was like the sock angel there. Yes, she told you the best purse of your life.
Speaker 4: And she was right. Who's next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Joe. Oh goodness, eight eighty seven lines. Go ahead, Kentucky Joe.
Speaker 9: I'll say happy to the It's been a good show. They talking about bamboo.
Speaker 4: U ky basketball, And yes, I got I got something, uh something coming up, And I think I think you're all gonna talk about it called the Kentucky Derby. I've heard of it.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm waiting for that to happen.
Speaker 4: This year, Kentucky is happening. It's the first Saturday in May, same time is every year. Who's your horse this year? Joe?
Speaker 9: I like bread Cott. I think he's gonna he's gonna do something that's not.
Speaker 4: A horse though, that's a person. Which horse do you like? That's what I'm saying. I'm talking about Tampa Street, Tappit Street. There was a horse named Tappit Yeah, so I guess that's its dad is Tappa Street?
Speaker 9: No, it's it's under as far as into into Michi. He signed a bunch of good good winners.
Speaker 4: So it's called Tampa Street. A right, Hang on, Joe, it's called Tappitt Street, but it's not related to tap It right. That feels like I just can I just call my horse Secretariat Street like it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right. I appreciate speaker and I love you, but you can't. When you're on speaker, I can't hear you and it's very muffled. So next time, I love you, Joe, but you gotta take us off speaker. But go ahead. Yah.
Speaker 5: The Netflix show came out today, Race for the Crown. All six episodes are up for Getting You in the Kentucky Derby Spirit to Carry.
Speaker 4: Bruce just wrote me and says, bamboo is a game changer socks, clothing. Once you wear bamboo, it changes everything.
Speaker 6: They have, like bamboo underwear. I don't go into the underwear shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 3: Bamboo shirts are good. How about sheets, bamboo sheets? Do you have any of those?
Speaker 4: I don't. Maybe maybe I just tanged and change my whole life. And the bamboo?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about stocking bamboo? After you promoted on this show.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it was very, very good, if anybody tells it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here in Kentucky, they're about to get whammed.
Speaker 4: Yeah wham slam.
Speaker 6: Wam's like slam.
Speaker 4: They're about to get wham. Yeah. All right, Well, hey folks, big news is here. Corn Bread Hemp has launched their first pure infused Seltzer. Had one last night.
Speaker 2: The Watermelons.
Speaker 4: Watermelon Salty Watermelon Porch in Louisville, and I didn't drink it because it said, you know, this will help relax you, and I didn't know if I needed well, they gave them to me. But so Cornbread Hemp. They have only five grams of sugar thirty calories. They're the perfect way to kick back with friends or enjoy a relaxing evening to yourself. Blueberry Breees, salted watermelon, peach iced tea, or raspberry limeade.
Speaker 6: That's what I had. The raspberry limeaid did you so you all had them? We took one chant I had one down to the beach. Did you like it?
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 6: I don't want to drink it again. I want to try the beach iced t though.
Speaker 4: So cornbreadamp You can learn more at cornbreadhamp dot com or try them in your local stores. It is the Cornbreadhamp Seltzer. They I came home and I had like four things of them on my porch, So I will try one at some more.
Speaker 6: Bring it with your bamboo sack.
Speaker 5: I'll take some free, all right? No, it really was good, though, the salt and buttermelon.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break. Be right back. It's Kentucky Sports Radio. I wish i'd uh, I wish I'd gotten some bamboo socks to sell, because it feels like a lot of people are gonna get them, and a lot of you all apparently have bamboo sheets.
Speaker 6: That I've heard that as. I've not heard bamboo bamboo clothing though.
Speaker 4: So uh bombas. I think they used to advertise on this show. Apparently if you buy bamboo socks from then they give, they give, They sell you one and then give one pair to the homeless.
Speaker 6: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: That seems like a very nice thing.
Speaker 5: I wear bombas that's their big thing. That might have started on Shark Tank too.
Speaker 4: Apparently. Bamboom sheets, though, are not cheap. They're kind of expensive.
Speaker 6: Well you said the socks here in America were expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they weren't in Alkmar So.
Speaker 6: Uh so, you know, I'm sure we can get him on Amazon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can get anything on Amazon. Sean Woods hired as Scott County coach from an unforgettable to now the coach at Scott County. You know, Sean was on a bunch of our shows last year. This had kind of been something people been talking about. But where you are you surprised your former TV colleague? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think my buddy Alan Color broke the story last night and it was I'm not glad he's back in coaching. I mean, that's his passion, that's his love. He wants to get back in coaching. Took a year off, kind of did a lot of media stuff. So you know, if he gets foot back in the door of Scott County, why not, so good good for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he'll be good at that. Like Ryan said, we know he'd been one to get back into coaching for a while. We've had a little bit of a great Crossing dynasty around here lately. I think he'll bring Scott.
Speaker 4: Scott County's probably like, we don't want to keep having this great Crossing thing. You know, they won state, didn't they? They did, so, I mean Scott County probably once you're wearing a great Crossing chirt.
Speaker 6: He works for Jake Great cross Okay, so.
Speaker 4: You're they're probably wanting to, you know, say, hey, we got to get back to where we are. We are Scott count.
Speaker 5: They were one of the premier high schools in the state from Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Billy Hicks run was legendary, won a couple of state titles, had a couple of mister basketballs, so you know that's a tradition.
Speaker 4: Rich school are the best Scott County players of all time. Scott something Scott was Rick Jones, Rick Jones, that's right, Rick Scott Scott, that's why. Yes, what about Bud Mackie was a sad story. He was really good, didn't Rick Jones? So yeah, and Rick Jones and Scott Hunley went to Vandy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jones got dismissed for I think some kind of charge, marijuana charge or something.
Speaker 2: But he didn't last long there. But he was great though.
Speaker 6: He was Macky, in my opinion, is the best high school kid that's ever played in this area. When he was really he was in the same class as what like, uh.
Speaker 4: Hang on, that's a strong state.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so saying better than Jack of it, I think, if I'm not mistake, than James Y. He was in the same class with like Shelvin mack Scottie Hobson, maybe Darius Mill. There was a bunch of guys in the NBA. Bud Mackie was better than all of them.
Speaker 4: So you think Bud mack was better than any player in this area ever for the.
Speaker 6: For the last twenty five years.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't want to disparage Jack Gibbons or Dirk Minifield, but Bud Mackie was awesome.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: He played in that one game where they played uh OJ Mayo. And who's the other dude that he ended up playing with the NBA from OJ Mayo And he's the best person for it. No, Billy Wagner, Billy.
Speaker 4: Side Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do remember what he went to Indiana, right, But no.
Speaker 6: He got got in troubled, went to jail, never played his senior year, lost his scholarship in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he was that's where he was gonna go. Kelvin Sampson. Uh if I'm twenty two eighty seven, who's up next?
Speaker 2: Roy?
Speaker 4: And good luck to Sean Woods? Hoping hope it goes well, Roy, Go ahead, Roy.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Everybody is going on about how much money Kentucky spent to getting that kid from Florida. Well, how about Nata Mint? How much did Tennessee pay for him? How much the North Carolina pay for the kid that wanted to come to Kentucky and different ones. So, yeah, we had a game, and that's the whey.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 9: In my opinion, I think this kid from Florida, I'd rather have him any day than Native Mint because the kid from Alabama that transferred will shut him down when we play.
Speaker 4: All Right, I appreciate the call. We do have to transfer our mindset for a minute. This call callers exactly right. This idea that like you paid a lot of money for that kid as a put down needs to go away, right, So, I mean, whether you like it or not, this is where college sports are So if the Cincinnati Reads in four years, which they won't, but if they do decide to make Elie de la Cruz the highest paid player in baseball, good, that's what we need. We want to keep it right. So to me, Drew, I'm taking the view you've had for years. It ain't my money, rightly, And if it's not my money and we don't have a cap now we may have a cap one day, at which point then how much you're being paid is a different thing. But for now, if you don't have a cap, what do I care? It's not my money. It's kind of like people who get mad at how much money Mark Stoops makes. Is Mark Stoop's worth nine point whatever? Well maybe not, but it's not my money, right So what like on some level with these players, what do I care? If they're playing well in the court.
Speaker 5: Once this class is completed, we move on to the summer in the season, I will not have one single thought about what any of them are making. And like some Florida fans say, you overpay for Everdeen, Okay, I don't care.
Speaker 4: He's on the team. I'm gonna roof for him.
Speaker 5: Outside of like a problem where you weigh overpay and there's drama within the team that can hurt you. I don't care what any of them are making, how much it cost, how much, oh you overpay, underpay.
Speaker 4: I want them to win games. I've been told, and I don't know if this is true, because I think all the numbers are inflated and we're all guessing. But I've been told that last year's team made somewhere between four to five million total. Let's just assume that's correct. Did you think they played less hard because of that? Where did you enjoy them less because of that? Do you think they loved the jersey less because of that? I don't know. I thought that team, in many ways loved playing for Kentucky as much as any team has in a number of years. So what difference does it make.
Speaker 6: I totally agree with you that that money factored zero, and what that team did last year, I can assume it could do the same this year.
Speaker 4: Now, that may not always happen. You last tennessee about their quarterback and how that worked out. But if you get the right kids, I don't think it has to make a difference.
Speaker 6: That's why I think Pope is still good about his roster construction. It's a new element for us to get used to. They it constructed his roster that way, with the right kids and the right piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At not one point during last year's season did I think, oh, he's getting this and he's getting that, or he's not, you know, overpaid, he's underpaid. Didn't have one thought about nil outside of liking their Clark's Pumping Shop commercial during the season.
Speaker 4: Shannon, I think it's probably fair to say that since I've come back, we've talked to I mean, yesterday I went over what fifteen topics. Yeah, today I led with basketball and recruiting. I would say ten times as many texts about the bamboo socks see as any other subject.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got an opinion on it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Yeah, so that's the kind of thing you know, people, Lee Corso, we talked about Lee Corso retired. I'm stealing this quote from Lee Corso. I heard Lee Corso say it ten years ago, and then Herbstreet brought it up again when he retired. Lee Corso said to Kirk Herbstreet as advice once, we are not in the football business. We are in the entertainment business, and football is our vehicle. That's right, And I was like, that's exactly right, that's exactly right. This radio show is in the entertainment business. UK sports is the vehicle and that includes occasionally talking about bamboo socks, which everybody wants to talk about. Yes, I wonder if we could Google search bamboo socks. You think they're gonna go up the break? We will take a break and be right back. Come back, a little football and some more Basketball's KSR