Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the.
Speaker 3: Official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 1: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola are right? Two out of three? Eight bad Here on a Monday, Everson Walls, Mickey Spagnola and Bill Jones soon, we hope. Here on Mickshots on a Monday, following cowboys forty one to seven loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: That was ugly.
Speaker 1: It was good for one quarter, almost two quarters, right until the root caved in the last couple minutes of the first half. And here we are the Cowboys, I'm not saying assuring themselves, but knowing that they will have a losing season, sitting here at seven and nine with one game to go. Be the first losing season since two thousand and twenty and only the second one since twenty fifteen, So we're not used to this type of season. Knowing well, we knew last week it was over right two games to play and cemented the NFC East title for the Eagles, which means still since two thousand and four. No team is repeated in the NFC East as champions.
Speaker 4: Yesterday felt like a homecoming game, the home coming.
Speaker 1: It felt like at homecoming, like the one you scheduled that you're supposed to win, right.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like, you know, they treated us as if we were just doormats. I mean that's the way that the game looked. The inevitable was there, you know the entire time. This is the way the Eagles do. Whether you have Jalen Hurts or Picket, picket in the game.
Speaker 1: I didn't picket.
Speaker 5: And even you know, when you come in with thirteen quarterback doing touchdowns, yeah, you know, they'll let you know that you know, this team is might pack.
Speaker 1: It up and you might be might be over your head.
Speaker 4: Every everyone's taking vay cases.
Speaker 1: Uh. The way I looked at it, it was a combination of uncommonly bad decisions by Cooper Rush, the fact that they turned the ball over four times and they ran out of cornerbacks. They could have used your help.
Speaker 5: I probably would have added to the demise.
Speaker 1: When I found out that they were going to have to start Andrew Booth at cornerback, I'm going, oh, this team is in trouble, and I'm sure the Eagles and Kellen Moore knew all about it. He's been in over his head since he got here. And it was a combination of things that you know, you lose all these corners and then you know you lose Trayvon Diggs. You already had lost Josh Butler to injured reserve, they had gotten amani Ui back, and then he has to get placed on injured reserve. So here was what the Cowboys basically were facing. They had to figure out how to stop aj Brown and they had to stop Barkley. So to me, you were going to put doron Bland on Brown hopefully you you know, kind of keep him under control, but you had to do what you needed to do to stop Barkley, and so they kind of forced crowded the line of scrimmage that left Andrew Booth in too many one on one situations with DeVonta Smith, and it got exposed. I don't know if you thought of any better defensive scheme that they could have come up with to try to take care of those two wide receivers and the running back on top of it, even though they had a backup quarterback Kenny Pickett play.
Speaker 5: And it's not just what was going on on offense, they just they really, to me, stuck to a conservative game plan. The Eagles did offensively. The problem that you had was your defense was with their backs against the wall the entire game. Right, let's just call it where there is. We were overmatched on the offensive line. These guys are they're well oiled and throughout the entire season they have.
Speaker 4: Been well oiled on how to run.
Speaker 5: Barkley and he finished off the Cowboys in good fashion the way he should have. You guys are a good team. This is the Eagles talking to us. You guys did very well against teams that you know, cemented themselves into the playoffs. And this is the kind of game this time of year. This is the kind of games that playoff teams win, and they win in this fashion. Thank you guys for coming. We appreciate you guys. You know we have a healthy right over here. It will still be there. But you guys were overmatched by us in both games, whether it's home or away.
Speaker 1: If you add the scorers to both games, I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: Come on, you know, And I think the disappointment is we knew it was going to be a tough game, but you wanted to see better momentum by the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush had a great game against Tampa. But the Eagles not only have a good players, they have a good staff, right, And they looked at the game against Tampa. They looked at the game against Tampa, and they figured out everything that Cooper did well, right, and they were.
Speaker 4: Ready for it. They were ready for.
Speaker 1: That's not Bill Jones.
Speaker 4: Differ.
Speaker 1: Nate Newton coming in for coming in, coming in for the first quarter, coming in hot.
Speaker 4: He's coming in hot, doing we're doing well.
Speaker 2: And I catch up catch him.
Speaker 1: Couldn't stay away from an open mic.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: That's good, never open didn't like.
Speaker 1: And you're right, and and and then the Cowboys, you know, compounded that problem with making some bad decisions.
Speaker 4: Right, you have a defense like Philly.
Speaker 2: Which way.
Speaker 1: Two a couple of things, and you said it was like a homecoming? So am I blind something over the universe?
Speaker 6: There is something wrong with the TV.
Speaker 1: I was trying to stay away from it.
Speaker 2: I'll stay away from that.
Speaker 1: The color is way off, so us veil.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 1: This tells you how how this rivalry is for Philadelphia. So we're coming in on the buses to the game, and you know how the Eagle fans out in the parking lots treat the Cowboys, right, And I'm thinking, all right, they're they're what twelve, twelve and three Cowboys are seven and eight. They're gonna look like this as a cake one, right, nah, fingers up, thumtains down, the whole way right. They're just enjoying it. And then when you were talking about you mentioned their defense. So it's before the game, early warm ups. I'm standing on the side eye line of the Cowboys bench and this number ninety comes walking by, and I'm going, that might be the biggest human being I've seen in quite some time. Jordan Davis. Okay, well, I'm guessing six four three, six, I don't know. And I said to myself, and somebody's got to block him. That is a big man, which, by the way, too pretty good actor. Also, because Tyler Smith little shoved to the helmets sent him flying, It's like, give me a break.
Speaker 4: The rest shouldn't even fall for that was they fell for.
Speaker 5: You should know that a guy that big can't fly that that far, period, unless he did it on his own.
Speaker 1: So I should look up Nate. You guess how big is he.
Speaker 4: He's a man full of grown. That's how I can say, is that the one of Georgia, that's one of.
Speaker 7: Both of them, one of them to Georgia and both of them from other kid is from a LA Tech.
Speaker 4: Number ninety three is from LA Tech Lucy v Tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, six six, three thirty six. You've got to be three point fifty, I swear. But anyway, when I saw that, I'm going the Cowboys offensive line's gonna have trouble. But for you know, a quarter or so, they did all.
Speaker 5: Right, That's what everyone says against Philly's defense, Right, for a quarter or so, everything is fine.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's not just the players the coach.
Speaker 5: I get it that the players probably say, Okay, I know what he's doing about. But the coaches made great adjustments defensively for Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: I've seen it.
Speaker 5: In every big game they've played. That's not a coincidence.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know they probably see they they made a different decision than Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay decided that if they weren't going to allow the Cowboys to run on them, and that you know, they were going to stop rec O'Donnell and Cooper Rush, you're gonna have to beat us. Well, I think in this case, they decided that Cooper Rush wasn't going to beat them with our right Donald will get his yards, but we're not going to let these backups beat us in the passing game. And that's sort of what took place.
Speaker 7: All right, your turn, Yeah, man, just uh this this is what happens when you run into a motivated team that has something to play for, that have the better athletes and just the better team. I was just praying at Kellum would blow it for us.
Speaker 2: He would not blow it for but it took but a half.
Speaker 7: It took him a quarter and a half to figure out that we had the cornerback over there.
Speaker 4: It took him to I mean, it's just funny to me.
Speaker 7: How he tries to prove to the world when it comes to the Cowboys that I'm going to pass this ball when the key to the whole game was the one guy in the back.
Speaker 4: One guy in the back. This is his game. This is his game.
Speaker 7: And as much as I love what the Cowboys have done for us with the young guys, I'm a realist. You are realist. And you are realists, especially with this cap. Okay, I'm gonna I was just sitting there.
Speaker 4: He's sticking to the game plan, stick to the.
Speaker 1: Playing and welcome Bill Jones, who just got his Christmas present a little late.
Speaker 6: I bought myself a Christmas present a little late.
Speaker 4: Been gallivanting around in the new truck.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't got my truck yet.
Speaker 4: You got it yet?
Speaker 8: No, this is funny because okay, so I got me a new truck, and that's why I'm late. I've just signing all the papers and all that with my wife, your mother. Yeah, so on this f one fifty to Ford f one fifty.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a proud sponsor.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, got a discount, and I'm I've had a Ford f one fifty forever.
Speaker 6: Okay, but this one has a toolbox on the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, you say, nice, he's got.
Speaker 6: So the sales. You know, I can we can get rid of the toolbox if you want. I said, you know what, if I look at.
Speaker 8: My wife, she's like she starts smiling, like he had no, no, no, no, she said, he's got no reason to have a toolbox. If I took up golf again, that would be a good place to put my golf.
Speaker 4: Back and you can lock them in there.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but that's if you knew anything about my lack of ability to fix anything, and then it would.
Speaker 6: Be hilarious that I would have a toolbox.
Speaker 4: I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: So was this sort of like the commercial on TV where the girl whistles with the dog in her arms and the truck comes flying.
Speaker 2: Over the mountain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's pretty much all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your wife taught you a truck.
Speaker 6: I have to wait a couple of days to get it though. They got to.
Speaker 2: Take it that they're taking a box out.
Speaker 8: So anyway, I've got two hundred and fifty one thousand miles on my hoo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think it was about time I got a new one.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping for the same thing on my outbacks.
Speaker 4: Get that on the floor.
Speaker 8: That's not bad, that's right, No, there's nothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the one I've got. It's just got two hundred and fifty one thousand miles on it.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping I can hold on to mind till they take my keys away.
Speaker 5: Hey, you sometimes you don't want to be too long in these cars. Yeah, you don't want to be too long. You know, stuff is just waiting for you to have.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 8: See this one has more bells and whistles. You can actually plug in a charger, which I wasn't on the two thousand and that. I wait, wait, wait, you can plug it. Yeah, man, they've been doing that.
Speaker 4: We got all sorts of.
Speaker 1: Now now this is this is the key question.
Speaker 4: Can you push a button? It comes on. You don't have to put the key in and turn anymore.
Speaker 1: Can you talk on your phone without holding it to your ear? Uh?
Speaker 8: You blue?
Speaker 6: I we think so? Yeah, I saw somebody. You got to hear this. I haven't had a radio in my five years.
Speaker 1: What do you listen to when you drive?
Speaker 4: Phone?
Speaker 6: I just call up mix shots here on my phone.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you. So, don't you have an accident? Look at all those dolls and things. Hey this is not Oh sorry, I have to drive.
Speaker 8: My radio went out five years ago and it costs like seven hundred dollars to fix to replace it.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, well, no, I'm going to get a new truck here soon.
Speaker 4: There's been five years.
Speaker 6: It's gone by.
Speaker 4: Too many distractions, too many distracts.
Speaker 8: And then I figured out and this was the final straw when a guy pulled out in front of me the other day and I blared on the horn and the horn doesn't more.
Speaker 6: Well, I gotta get.
Speaker 4: A new truck. That must saved your life these days. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Felt totally defensive, kind of like the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad, My dad would have showed you what a substitute you could have used. He had a fifty four Chevy and this would have been nineteen sixty five, sixty six somewhere in there. The horn didn't work, so bought what are those squeeze things put on your bike?
Speaker 2: And he would roll down.
Speaker 1: Squeeze it in.
Speaker 6: That's how bad it was.
Speaker 1: All right, you're a lot like your dad, that's right, a whole lot.
Speaker 8: All right, take a break and reiter here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can do that before you get into your view of what happened in the game. Since we are, we're going.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: Bix Shots Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry even us per Those were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott keeps it slides for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow, did he ever read the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the arm forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Demict shuts.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Cowboys under the legacy of Bob Lilly. The Bob Lily Award, presented by Ryan, awarded to the current Cowboy who demonstrates the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship.
Speaker 4: Dedication, and leadership.
Speaker 5: Cash your vote now and help choose the player who most embodies the qualities that made Bob Lilly one of the greatest cowboys of all time. Visit dallascowboys dot com, slash Bob Lilly and cast your boat today.
Speaker 8: And the reigning Bob Lily Award winner of the last four or five years.
Speaker 6: He is a guy by the name.
Speaker 8: Of Dak Prescott's all right, we continue here on mix shots brought to you by Miller Lite.
Speaker 1: Where it was at the game by the way in the coaches box.
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott actually held court with the media.
Speaker 1: He did right at the door way. I figured it was leaven the locker room.
Speaker 8: So it was not anything formal. No, it wasn't do you catch anything that he's got sort.
Speaker 1: Of the end of it, and he was just given an update on whereas we have was and how tough it is to have to sit there and watch not be able to do anything about it, but said that he might start running lightly in a couple of weeks, but he was off the crutches so he was moving on his own.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we were talking about our take on the game, and.
Speaker 6: We'll mind that's very similar to yours. They're playing defense in the phone booth.
Speaker 5: But that's the that's the That game was the taking, taking the kid behind the shed and spanking the hell out of them.
Speaker 4: That was one of those games.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the first half they held Barkley to forty yards rushing. First quarter, they only had fourteen yards total offense. And it was a seven to seven game.
Speaker 8: You know, and the Cowboys offense was matriculating down it was okay, and.
Speaker 1: Had two hundred and some yards the first half.
Speaker 6: How big are third down plays? Third down?
Speaker 8: It was third and three at the thirty five, and I was thinking right before that interception, the pick six, I was thinking, okay, they have done exactly what they did last game on the opening possession of the first half against Tampa Bay and the final possession of the first half against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 6: They drove basically.
Speaker 8: Thirty yards downfield, thirty thirty five yards downfield, and now you kick a fifty three yardfield goal. Okay, go incomplete pass on third and three and that's.
Speaker 6: The But instead it was a pick six. Okay.
Speaker 8: So then matriculate down the field again and you get a touchdown.
Speaker 6: Okay, But it.
Speaker 8: Was a third and nine play at the thirty four yard line. Same position on the field third down play. This time it was the twenty two yard completion to Brandon Cook's get working on Darius Slay who held him on the play, all right, That put him in position at the twelve yard line, and they were able to punch it in with the help of a de And it's a holding call on a third and seven play at the nine yard line. So all of a sudden, the Cowboys are having success on third down on offense and they score a touchdown. Fast forward a couple of possessions and you get to midway of the second quarter, third and eight for Philadelphia at the forty six yard line. Quarterback rolls right and hits Grant Calcaterra, the tight end who made a terrific catch on the ball for a thirty four yard completion.
Speaker 6: Against mccuamo against mcwamboo.
Speaker 8: That's right, so all right, that other guy playing that probably that guy ter the twenty yard line, and then you're in a position Barkley for three completion to Barkley for minus five. So you're they're at the twenty two facing third and twelve, and Kellen Moore gets Devonte Smith isolated on booth and twenty two yard.
Speaker 1: Touchdown out of the slot and he just couldn't keep up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you look, I kind of I rattled off five or six third down places.
Speaker 1: Well you missed one beginning of the second quarter, third and one, and they threw deep to Mingo and he threw a bad pass.
Speaker 6: He's on your take on that ever since.
Speaker 4: He's open, remember it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's looking towards the sideline when the ball should have been and it ended up inside and he never found the ball.
Speaker 6: That happened was that was the one he threw it on his outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he throw outside shoulder, but he's looking inside.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was looking inside and threw it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I said backwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there was two guys on him. But it seems like if the ball was thrown, if he were have followed the ball.
Speaker 8: Well see, and that's why I asked you because that's what Greg Olsen said.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He he did not put the blame.
Speaker 8: On the quarter back as much as he put it on Mingo not tracking the ball.
Speaker 5: And that's not the first time that's happened this year for US. I Cook did it with Dak early in the season, and that's happened I'd say about three times this year.
Speaker 6: That's the old red line drill down down the you.
Speaker 5: Keep it inside, you stay close to the hash so that you can give the quarterback room to throw over.
Speaker 8: Your and on the practice field to practice that, they've got red lines down the field, which gives room and your coach to run the red line, and it gives room for the quarterback to throw the ball to the side.
Speaker 5: Let me say this, All of that stuff is cute until you get a defender with you. I don't know how many times I've seen it where you have a great athlete that can run a round with no one on him, but when you have a an adjustment that needs to be made based on what the dbs do, you can't run arount and think at the same time.
Speaker 4: And it seems that if he was caught in.
Speaker 5: This is how I run this route, this is where it's supposed to be. Okay, I'm thinking this all through. Well, yeah, you forgot the dog on ball is coming and that has had that's something that wide receivers have a problem yet.
Speaker 1: And that was set up because they were picking on twenty seven and Mitchell Mitchell, who was their first round draft and he had beat him and he never found the ball in the best that's.
Speaker 5: Not that's that's happened several times by for the Cowboys this season.
Speaker 1: McCarthy could say.
Speaker 2: It was like, think the wind win there.
Speaker 1: I mean, they were going.
Speaker 5: He was running as if he was running a sprint and not playing football. I'm running a route. Oh that's right. I have to catch a ball. Sometimes wide receiver, especially ones with not much experience, they forget that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go through with the play, but it might be coming to you.
Speaker 1: I don't think he ever.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he.
Speaker 6: Ever saw it. And that's what that's what your point is.
Speaker 1: But I'll go back to the ball. I'll go back to the point.
Speaker 5: He decided to look for the ball way past the time it is for that play to be over.
Speaker 1: I got a feeling third and one that wasn't the call you think, so, I think they were. I think it was one of those you look at it and say, Okay, I'm going to take a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because afterwards I saw on the sideline McCarthy and Rush talking Okay, so take a demonstratively, by the way.
Speaker 4: Take it. Okay.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to hear that.
Speaker 8: Okay, because I was wondering, and I think a lot of people were wondering, why were they were taking a shot there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: What about on the touchdown to Tobert? Did Cooper talk about that at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that was.
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly, There was another one that was, Okay, here's the play call, but you have the right to change.
Speaker 8: That's what That's the way Greg Olsen analyzed it. He said that was a run right right, and.
Speaker 6: Cooper on his own.
Speaker 8: Along with Tolbert, decided to take advantage of the matchup against Gwinneon Mitchell on the left side.
Speaker 1: He might have thought, oh, I'm hot here do it again.
Speaker 6: It was just a couple one. It's interesting.
Speaker 1: And at that point, if you just look at the stats of the first quarter, Philadelphia had fourteen total yards, nine of those belonged to Berkley.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: And then the cat got let out of the bag thanks to the They recovered that fumble on second in five and it would have been third and six, and and Booth got called for illegal content downfield and that led to the touchdown that made it fourteen to seven. And after that it's like, well, what are you going to do? Because not only did they not have ourarie there, they had signed Cayman Hall to the fifty three for depth but special team, and then he couldn't play because he had a hamstring injury and they had to elevate. Is it Troy Troy Pride off the practice squad and about.
Speaker 6: Who got ejected from the game.
Speaker 1: He lost money playing?
Speaker 4: That'sat I'll guarantee you that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He and Jalen.
Speaker 1: Brooks, because you know, Brooks's six round draft choice, so he's probably it's the you know, second year rookie minimum and you know Pride that's what he's on. And I bet they get fined a good twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Do you think do you think the NFL takes into account the salary that the player makes when they make a decision on what they're going to find him, that that is, this is a call up player from the practice squad.
Speaker 1: I think they should think they do, because I guarantee the NBA did when they find Anthony Edwards one hundred thousand dollars I.
Speaker 12: Saw and there was a history of yes, that for what I looked that up last night.
Speaker 2: By the way, that they don't they don't know they don't.
Speaker 6: They don't take take into account the players.
Speaker 12: Have a flat list of like first offense, second offense. First offense for fighting is thirty nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, they lost money.
Speaker 2: He's paying to play. Yeah, that was a w REC game for him. He's a game for him.
Speaker 6: His next two games will be too. Then.
Speaker 12: I mean he probably gets I don't know, I don't know his salary, but like that comes up to like six hundred and sixty six thousand a year.
Speaker 1: He's he's actually a like a third or fourth year player. Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: So the the minimum for that, it's got to be over a million.
Speaker 12: So if you divide that by seventeen thirty nine thousand with six hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 8: Thousand, So yeah, so for on the on the six sixty salaries, thirty nine okay.
Speaker 12: In the game yeah, oh, I think the second offense for fighting is seventy seven.
Speaker 8: So basically it's a game check for a minimum wage player. Is the first offense fighting?
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying says fighting?
Speaker 12: So I'm assuming fighting getting thrown out of the game is probably the same efense, right.
Speaker 6: But you said it was did you say it was thirty nine thousand, it was.
Speaker 2: It's like thirty nine one hundred and something dollars. That's what it is.
Speaker 8: First offense, which which is basically the same amount for a quote unquote minimum wage player in the league a game check.
Speaker 6: Right, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Did they have to pay more because the poor official buried underneath pile?
Speaker 6: I don't know if Troy Pride is married or not. Can you imagine telling your wife?
Speaker 12: Because the way I think they work it out with the NFL Players Association is like, we're not gonna like, if two guys are gonna fight, you know, you gotta find the guys the same amount.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? You can't be like, well, this guy is a little bit, you know. I think that's the way.
Speaker 1: They try to decide who started.
Speaker 2: Who started it. I think it's both fighting.
Speaker 6: All I know is if it were me, I might as well not come home.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be getting that truck today.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, uh invoice from the NFL.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you can.
Speaker 12: I wonder if you can like like, hey, yeah, I'll pay it out over it, you know, can we.
Speaker 2: Can you take it out on my next check?
Speaker 12: You know, I got these Christmas presents I have to pay off.
Speaker 2: I just bought a new car.
Speaker 6: And Jalen Brooks is basically in the same boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in the same boat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I bet Tyler Smith for a personal file gets fined also, which he shouldn't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, personal fouls get fined. But the fighting was I looked up fighting.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing.
Speaker 1: Fighting is bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, you had an official, It's like two or three k jacks.
Speaker 8: All right, we got much more to get to here on this edition of Mixshids, brought to you by Miller Lite and just about it.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 10: With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster tankholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 1: Wincot slides for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 8: Grow my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 6: What a pairing can.
Speaker 4: Cracks a kickoff tailgates.
Speaker 3: Going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: De vict Shots.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named You're twenty twenty fourth Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game.
Speaker 4: Vote for Amanda to be name the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at.
Speaker 5: Nfl dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 8: I got one more thing for Producers Supreme to look up for me. I'm just putting my myself in the place of a practice squad player who got called up.
Speaker 6: For a game and got ejected for fighting.
Speaker 8: Okay, and we've determined it's a thirty nine thousand, five one dollar fine, do you which is equivalent basically to a game check for that player. My question is if I retired from football.
Speaker 6: At that moment, I do a meaning I'm not paying that.
Speaker 8: Do I still get the paycheck of thirty nine thousand.
Speaker 12: So, knowing what I know, and I know a bunch of players over the years, I'm moving here for twenty five years. So I mean Terrence Newman was in my wedding. I think that everybody knows that same dropper name dropping.
Speaker 2: Okay, Terns is my guy.
Speaker 12: So what I've been told is is when a fine comes, you get them, You get the FedEx and it's already off your check before you get the check.
Speaker 6: So I don't have the option.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was I can't remember who told me this. I think it was Bryce Butler told me this.
Speaker 12: He goes, you know, the worst part about the fines are is they do it after taxes, so they you you basically don't take it out of like pre check.
Speaker 2: So they go through all the tax processes.
Speaker 12: Like a lot of people realize, like you play in Philadelphia, you play like the Philadelphia Area tax, you play the Philadelphia State Tax. You pay all these taxes and then they after your game check and then they take the final So where.
Speaker 6: Does the fine money go?
Speaker 2: Does it go to it.
Speaker 6: You can write it off as a contribution to a charity.
Speaker 12: Don't know if you can do that, you have, Okay, all right, limited fines for the team goes to the gen and Jerry, don't you have been fine?
Speaker 8: Oh reatenizing no uniform uniform?
Speaker 12: Okay, so leave to say that because because I sent you in your text message ever since since you the final list, look it up. You can scroll down to uniforms and check out how much that's going to cost you. That was probably one of your game checks. You see that one. Scroll down a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's probably like a little bit. It's right, it's above fighting violations. Yeah, violations, Okay, it says uniform.
Speaker 12: There you go get to something that I oh, by the way, fifty six.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars for uniform violation there. Ever since yeah it.
Speaker 1: Is fifty, it occurred to me that the Cowboys loss now gets them the third place schedule. Okay, against the we were locked in the things that are the divisions that you don't play, right, So it's the and Chris, you can look this up. Make sure I got it right. That the divisions they have to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah for this?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, NFC North, So three of the four teams have winning records, and the a f C West three of the teams I believe, Yeah.
Speaker 8: They're three playoff teams. Well, if Denver makes it will be.
Speaker 6: Three and Chargers and the Chargers.
Speaker 1: So the NFC West third place, I think it's Arizona right now, they're out right, yes, Uh, there's a kicker to that mech NFC South third place, I guess that's.
Speaker 6: New Orleans or Carolina's closed.
Speaker 1: And the a f C East is it uh Jets.
Speaker 6: Jets right now?
Speaker 1: Because New England's last.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, New Eleands got the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: Now, right, So what was the kicker? Chris?
Speaker 2: So, here's the thing.
Speaker 12: Arizona is in third place in in C West, right, but they played their last week in the seasons.
Speaker 2: They played San Francisco.
Speaker 12: San Francisco wins the game, they flip place, they flip.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the other thing on that. San Francisco right now is six and nine.
Speaker 8: They host Detroit tonight and you take, oh, well, Detroy's gonna win that game.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the problem with that. Detroit doesn't have to win.
Speaker 8: In fact, it's a meaningless it's a meaningless.
Speaker 1: Game nothing because if they finished in a tie with Minnesota.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter right now because they finish Sunday Night against Minnesota, and whoever wins that game is going to get the number one seed in the playoffs.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so tomorrow Tonight's game means nothing to them.
Speaker 8: They would have the tiebreaker on Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Wait say that again.
Speaker 6: Well, right now, right now, the Lions are thirt what is it thirteen and two?
Speaker 2: Thirteen and two, thirteen and two in.
Speaker 6: Minnesota's fourteen and two.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 8: If the Lions lose tonight to San Francisco, they'll be thirteen and three, But if they beat Minnesota, both teams will have a fourteen and three record. Detroit has the tiebreaker, Okay, okay, And if the Lions win the night then they still have to beat Minnesota in the final anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got you.
Speaker 4: So, So in.
Speaker 8: Case they be at the same record right now, they have to finish ahead of them.
Speaker 1: They would have to, so one of them is going to get the number one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the winner of the game Sunday Night gets the number one fill So as it relates to Arizona in San Francisco, San Francisco could win tonight a meaningless game for Detroit and pull even with Arizona.
Speaker 1: So even though the Cowboys get a third place schedule, they don't get a break because they got to play the teams with the best divisions from this year.
Speaker 12: Oh but honestly, San Francisco being a fluke year for them, right, you may end up having to play them, which arguably you could probably say they're part of a first place schedule next year.
Speaker 1: Now, is Philadelphia next week playing for the number two seed?
Speaker 6: No, they're locked in.
Speaker 2: They're locked in.
Speaker 1: They are number number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, they do.
Speaker 12: I think they do have three losses, but I don't think they have the tiebreakers.
Speaker 2: No, I know what I.
Speaker 4: Looked up there. They're NFC.
Speaker 1: Conference. Well yeah, that, but the conference records better than uh whatever the tiebreaker I think was going to be. Oh no that was Washington.
Speaker 4: I take that back. Can I say that? Please throwback? He's good. I mean, he's like Billy Sims good, you know.
Speaker 1: You know what, And he's not that big. I mean, he's right.
Speaker 12: So let me ask you this, would you play Barkley the.
Speaker 2: Last game.
Speaker 6: Giants?
Speaker 2: Everybody's like, no, don't play him. I play I play him. You're that close.
Speaker 6: You got to do it.
Speaker 4: You got to do it. I play him, and and man, I play him and just well think about every carry.
Speaker 1: Please don't get there think about what they did yesterday, because I'm sitting there going, this game is over and they're running three tight ends right and a full back or.
Speaker 4: You know, well, I mean you don't want to.
Speaker 1: But you didn't have to run him right. And I'm sitting there going, what if he gets hurt trying to chase? And then I dawned. I mean they were trying to get to two thousands, right because I was.
Speaker 6: Just cutting down the difference also on the hunt.
Speaker 5: Now that's that's I mean, we have to play the game. And if this guy wants to play and he wants to chase history, I think we owe it to history, We owe to the fans to do this.
Speaker 4: I just really do. Uh. That's what the running backs deal is.
Speaker 5: So you're cutting us as a running back right now, where we're paid less than any other offensive player out there on the on the field, and now you don't want me to go for this record.
Speaker 1: You might get more than a center, yeah, or a guy.
Speaker 4: A guard draft in the first round. So yeah, I would I would go for it.
Speaker 5: I think I think, I think, I think the fans and the NFL are together. I think they all. We owe that to the fans to try and make the record.
Speaker 1: So does it get an asterisk because it's seventeen games? No, No, Dickerson only.
Speaker 4: We can't. We can't do that.
Speaker 6: Dickerson will put.
Speaker 1: He already has. Yes, I saw the interview, and that's fine.
Speaker 4: That's fine. But because you've got out, you've got some players.
Speaker 1: That he passed, well he passed oh J J fourteen exactly.
Speaker 5: Let's let's just let's just let the records stand. You know, if you want to put the act by it, you can do that.
Speaker 1: But it's still a hell against the Giants.
Speaker 5: He brought to do that in the first Come on, and first of all, the poetic justice about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the Giants management they want to be coming to that game.
Speaker 4: They don't want to. They don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: Must the g Yeah if he still has.
Speaker 4: A job, right, No he doesn't doesn't. No, No, he's going.
Speaker 1: They did everything.
Speaker 4: They should invite him. See what you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah right here right.
Speaker 4: Fifty yard line?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Yeah, what a what a league?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, Adrian Peterson came within nine yards of Eric Dickerson's record in two thousand.
Speaker 6: Twelve and he played play the last game.
Speaker 8: Now, I was just looking it up. They finished, Minnesota finished ten and six. In that last game, they beat Green Bay thirty seven thirty four, and I'm trying to get a wild card. They had a wild card spot, and I don't know whether they had to win it to secure it.
Speaker 6: Probably did, But.
Speaker 4: Well, did he have carries? He had?
Speaker 8: He had thirty four carries for one hundred and ninety nine yards that yeah, and he wound up just short.
Speaker 4: And see, he's one of those guys.
Speaker 5: And I say throwback, I guess that to put Barkley in the throwback running backs that are dependable running backs that you don't necessarily worry about running them too much. Agent Peterson, you could run him for two games in one day and he would carry every y'all. He would carry every carry as if it was his last, and he would he rarely got injured.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, and that's the thing and with Barkley is he's had a history of injury issues.
Speaker 4: That's the day.
Speaker 5: And so he's had injuries already. He has gotten hurt, but he's overcome all of that. Obviously, this you know, now the Giants are gonna the Giants are gonna be eating a lot of crow next well.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you ran him thirty one times just to get over two thousand, you're playing them, I bet.
Speaker 5: And then you said, you know, the camera is going to be facing the Giants booth, you know, the executive booth. You know, it's just after every first down run that he makes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll say for TV purpose, they'll super imposed his yardage and carries right next to the score right to keep you.
Speaker 4: Track of it. Man. That's gonna be something next week.
Speaker 8: And by the way, it looks like Minnesota needed to win that game because they actually wound up the they got the last wild card spot Chicago. Currently, this is in the twelfth season. I'm they got the last wild card spot at ten and six and Chicago finished with the same record at ten and six, so that there was a difference there.
Speaker 4: Too, So making a difference in the league, that's.
Speaker 8: Why you got a draft one in the first round, right. Barkley was the second overall pick, Peterson was the seventh overall pick. Ashton st will be where the Cowboys picking.
Speaker 1: Twelfth overall twelfth? Well, I mean, if you think about positions you need unless there's some Jordan Davis standing out.
Speaker 6: There, man, I wish there was one Jalen Carter or Carter.
Speaker 1: These guys are so you were you were listening right when I said he walked by me on the sideline, he didn't have his pads on, and I'm going, somebody's got a block here.
Speaker 4: I gotta say.
Speaker 5: I was on the sidelines for a preseason game and Cam Newton came running bout in his uniform, Like what the hell?
Speaker 1: So when I said Barkley wasn't that big, he's only six foot yeah, but he's two thirty two.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I think it's all in his thighs right away.
Speaker 6: Right, he got those new House thighs.
Speaker 4: That's true, he does all right.
Speaker 6: Anything else, No, we're going tomorrow, right yep.
Speaker 8: Not on Wednesday, Not on New Year's Day, though the Longhorns will be playing at high noon on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not open locker room. Well, the players are off tomorrow, so they're doing something on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Be later in the day.
Speaker 1: You think, get them off their feet, that's right.
Speaker 8: Put in McCarthy press conference today at three, and the coordinators are going at words, yes, okay, and of course it gotta go all right, and it is a noon kickoff on Sunday against the Washington Commanders one thirty.
Speaker 6: She didn't get that by moe. Kickoff today.
Speaker 8: Oh, Missouri plays and I wasn't one of those big bold script Bowl game.
Speaker 6: Who they playing Iowa? Okay, it doesn't that's right. And the wide receivers not playing.
Speaker 1: Right, probably not, No, he ain't playing okay.
Speaker 8: Uh, we'll chat at you again tomorrow at high noon near on Mickshots Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.