Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio Podcast. Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in grub du du. You should have said scrub, scrub, scrub, and my heart goes scrubs.
Speaker 2: I don't get that joke.
Speaker 3: Heavy sigh. You never saw Zena Xenon.
Speaker 1: You've seen Xena the Warrior Princeress, but you haven't seen Xenon the twenty first century?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 3: What is it Xenon Girl of the twenty first Century? You've never seen that? Never? Is that true? Swear?
Speaker 5: I haven't seen a lot of movies like Father of the Bride, Pretty Woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want.
Speaker 2: Why, I don't know. It's like one of.
Speaker 5: Those things that I like missed. I missed the mark on and like now it's like it's so far gone that like what's the point.
Speaker 3: First of all, you didn't miss the mark because it was it's like an old.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So like I missed it, so it's like fast, oh my gosh, you need to watch uh, well, you need to watch both of those. But I didn't see Father of the Bride for a very long time in my life, so that one I understand.
Speaker 3: Even though it's people's favorite movie.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: Robbie said literally last weekend, he was like, we need to watch Father of the Bride tonight and I was like.
Speaker 4: You will cry.
Speaker 1: You will be very emotional because you have a very like sweet relationship with your dag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Pretty Woman's a classic.
Speaker 2: You'll will So I know people always reference it. They're like, oh, a pretty woman.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, just take take a like take a break from your scripted series from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Put on a class that.
Speaker 4: I know Island.
Speaker 2: So I just found out that Love Island Australia.
Speaker 5: They have a casa or they have uh a more hotel or like the hideaway, like the room that they go to.
Speaker 2: It's like whatever, it's like talking to them walls here.
Speaker 3: Believe me, we get it. We get it from the other side. Rude.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give Love on Australia try.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you haven't already.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's I already do UK. There's so many there to watch.
Speaker 3: You did Traders from every.
Speaker 2: Because there's like one or two seasons of each.
Speaker 1: This is like, oh you're gonna try, Oh yeah, yeah, take We've lost her again, folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm actually watching someon current right now, what are you watching Disclaimer.
Speaker 2: Movie show?
Speaker 3: I heard it's good. It's good, It's only dark. Oh yeah, yeah, like dark.
Speaker 4: Because you asked people, I love Breaking Bad? What else should I watch? This kind of that vibe? People say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, people said Disclaimer and Diplomat were like the two showstoppers.
Speaker 3: Do you not think that Breaking Bad was stark.
Speaker 2: Weirdly? Yeah, a little bit. But I found the story so interesting and intriguing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're able to look past the darkness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like, oh he makes math, who doesn't?
Speaker 1: Ye? Yeah, could be worse, could be worse. Yeah, Yeah, that's exciting. Well, speaking of Love Island, I went to the Gladiator premiere and h as I had told you, the cast was there, Yes, on the carpet.
Speaker 5: I needed to know the specificity of this whole situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, so first of all arrived. First, First of all.
Speaker 1: I get so anxious going to things like that because the carpet's so intimidating to me, because I don't know, you're kind of like at this massive premiere. Granted, at this one, it was nice because none of the celebrities from the movie, like the real celebrities weren't there, so it was kind of like reality people my wheelhouse, of like camaraderie in that sense.
Speaker 3: So I felt a little less like intimidated.
Speaker 1: And so I get there, I do the carpet tailor's with me.
Speaker 3: Taylor's like talking to all the people, like e news people, like.
Speaker 1: All her friends that are in the press, and I see Hannah Ge she was doing interviews. I just have to say, Dylan Barber, Hannah G's husband, is one of the nicest best guys to come out of the Bachelor franchise. Every time I've talked about, every time I've talked to him, he's so warm, he's so kind, he's so engaging, he's not like trying to be anything, no ego, just so nice. And then Hannah's obviously just love the affect and so cute. Yeah, the Montana boys were there.
Speaker 5: No Mark Estes, Yeah, Caleb, I don't I don't know any.
Speaker 1: It's like Montana Boy one, Montana Boy two. I think Montana Boy one is Mark I got Hannah Boy two is Caleb got it. I don't know the third one, but he was just the two of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I saw the cowboy hats.
Speaker 1: From a distance, I said, there they are in person stad this carpet. And then I saw Krishelle and Emma from Selling Sunset. I love Krishelle, and Emma was so cute. She brought her dad, so he was just like halving the time of his life. And then I look down and I see Kendall.
Speaker 2: You see oh no, the boys.
Speaker 3: I see the.
Speaker 1: Boys and then I see Live and Kaylor. So go up to the boys first, and I'm like Hi. I was like, my name is Becca. I was like, so, my friend Tanya is obsessed with Love Island. I was like, can y'all just if I do a video? Can y'all just say hi to her? So they it was.
Speaker 3: Funny that they all said pull up. Yeah. Is that a Love Island thing? Or is that more like a gen Z thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm starts saying it. You have no idea like having text? Tis like, Tanya, where are you at?
Speaker 3: Pull up? Where are you? I was like, pull up?
Speaker 5: I'm pulling up in bed, Yeah, pulling the sheets right on up, right on up over my head.
Speaker 1: Kaylor was talking to someone, but Live was standing there, so I was like Live and she turns but to like, oh my god, Hi, I love you.
Speaker 3: You're sunning.
Speaker 1: But like she had no idea who I was. She was just like such a girl's girl that she was just like it's so sweet.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. I already knew that about her. But I love getting confirmation. Yeah, And I was like on the boots on the ground confirmation.
Speaker 1: I was like, so I have a podcast with my best friend. And then Kayler's like, Tonya.
Speaker 3: Where are you at? Like and I'm like, wait, let me video this.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, just say how to Tanya. So Live starts and then Kayler jump jumps in. Yeah, pull up, pull up the f up?
Speaker 3: Where are you at?
Speaker 1: So they were so sweet, and we went into this area. It was like a cocktail area where there was a bar and like heaters and stuff for us is.
Speaker 3: Staying around and I love a heater. Live was so sweet.
Speaker 1: She kept coming up being like come hang out with us, like come stand with us, you know. So You're like I'm good, no, no, no, well, I mean we were more just like kind of browsing, like looking around waiting for I wanted to see if I could get a glimpse of Denzel. You know, it's just like you know, seeing it where I could get a glunch of people. I was trying to star.
Speaker 2: Watch yeah, and she was like partying.
Speaker 1: They were party. They were just like at the bar. They were like, I don't even know if they came to the movie. Well, they had gone to Vegas and saw a screening of it, so they literally may not have gone to the movie.
Speaker 5: I knew that Live was going to be my girl. Well Kaylor's my like real girl, yeah and lives like my girl girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There. They were really really fun and sweet and nice.
Speaker 2: But they said they would come on the pod totally.
Speaker 1: They're totally down and I genuinely think that they want to if the schedule is a line that they will definitely come on.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I don't think I wish that you So, first of all, that Monday night, I also got invited to the Sabrina Carpenter concert, and I was like, I already turned down my best friend Becca to go to Gladiator premiere because I cannot do two nights back to back, so I had to decline the Sabrina Carpenter show. So I didn't even see I don't even think I saw nine to twenty one o'clock that night, Like I was fast shoes gone. By the time when you had sent me those videos of them, I was literally in bed in my pajamas, actually naked, because that's how I sleep.
Speaker 2: But I always always, yeah.
Speaker 4: Even when the kids are there. Yeah really yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: Well I don't like walk around naked, but I get I have my robe.
Speaker 4: But what if one of them comes in the middle of the night, Oh, I need your help, come kill a spider or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, or like they're like bad, I don't feel like I don't feel well and they want to get in bed with you.
Speaker 2: Never happened.
Speaker 5: Well, one of them has come up in the middle of the night because of something, and then Robbie just gets up in help.
Speaker 4: If one of them's sick in the middle of the night, you don't run in there.
Speaker 2: I put my robe on.
Speaker 5: Something they yell from downstairs or something, I'll put my robe on and go down there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so I'm in bed and but we didn't have them that night. But I was in bed and I see these text messages and I'm like screaming like a little girl, Like I literally feel like the cat Love Island cast sends me back to like my teenage years because also I had like the space buns in my head, so it was like a really double whammy. I felt like I was a fifteen year old girl getting a video from like or something, Yeah, Kira or whatever. I was freaking out so cool. Yeah, and I feel like they just seem so cool.
Speaker 3: They were all so nice. Yeah, Kendall was so nice.
Speaker 1: And then I don't know where Janey was when when I was talking to the girls, but at one point she like walked by and I was like, Janey, you look beautiful, and she's like, oh my god, you know did her She's I mean, they're all like beautiful in person.
Speaker 3: And then did you change numbers?
Speaker 2: Did you get any of their numbers?
Speaker 1: I did not ask, but you have Kayler's numbers, so yeah, yeah, we got a drag line.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're standing there waiting for Denzel and other star sightings, and all of a sudden, Gracie Abrams walks into our section, which is like literally all influencers. Like, it's not none of the celebrities are in there. Okay, it's like real, just like reality people you know, and you feel, which is so interesting.
Speaker 2: Then where do they put the movie stars?
Speaker 1: I think they just came later like they like once we went in there, like basically the carpet started, which I actually liked because a lot of times they knew it.
Speaker 3: At the same time, no.
Speaker 2: One wants to walk a red carpet in front of like the Rock.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and the Rock doesn't want anyone walking like in front of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't care. He seems so kind.
Speaker 3: You love the Rock. I had no idea your fandom of the Rock.
Speaker 2: It's new.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So Gracie walks in and we're and she doesn't have like she has two people with her, but they're not like security or anything. They were like publicist or something, and I just like got it. I just was like, she's so beautiful. She looked like she like floated in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did see the video and it really did look like she was floating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I went up to her while we were like walking out to go into the theater, and I was like, I loved your uh surprise performance with Taylor. I love that you were surprised. When she's saying out of the Woods, it's one of my favorite songs, She's like, oh my god, me too. I freaked out. She was really cute.
Speaker 2: No selfie with Grazie Abrams.
Speaker 1: No, because one was asking for selfies and I felt like it was more of like an.
Speaker 3: Experience just to like say hi, proud.
Speaker 2: Of you, thank you. Yeah, I would not control myself here, she would.
Speaker 1: You think you've been in so many things where you're like so and so is here and you haven't even.
Speaker 3: Said hi, cool girl, and yeah, yeah, just super cool.
Speaker 1: And then we went and watched the movie. The movie is like amazing, but very gory, like if you liked I don't remember the first one came out so long ago. I remember I think it was gory, but this one was just like left right, someone's losing body parts due to swords and yeah, but it was good.
Speaker 3: Paul came and inentered the movie.
Speaker 2: Paul Mescal.
Speaker 3: He's not a drink.
Speaker 5: I know, it's like mescal Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 2: I know it's all mes. Yeah, there's a lot, okay.
Speaker 1: But he came in to interer the movie. Very cute. I will say. After seeing the movie, I was like, I totally get it because the whole movie he's like buff, he's tan, his eyes are just like piercing blue and he's, you know, like the hero of the movie. So I was like, oh, he's really cute, So I'll give you that, Sam.
Speaker 2: He is cute, big Paul fan.
Speaker 3: Yes, I get it. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it weird that he looks nothing like your boyfriend?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: We actually got into like a little tif over it because I just said how much I want to see Gladiators too, and he was like, oh, I didn't know you liked the first one, and I said, I've never seen the first one.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what these movies are even about.
Speaker 3: I just need to.
Speaker 7: Go see it in imax for Paul mescal And he was like, you could just look a picture of him at home, like.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, no, that's really funny. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, I have a massive crush on Chris Hemsworth, and Haley looks nothing like him.
Speaker 3: So can't.
Speaker 2: A huge crush on the rock.
Speaker 4: That's not intimidating to Roy at all problems.
Speaker 2: I don't have a crush on the Rocks. It's new. I heard rotch red one. I was like hmmm. And then I saw this video of him like brushing his daughter's hair once, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, once.
Speaker 4: Was space buns something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I gave Tanya space funds because everyone liked the episode and thought it was.
Speaker 3: Really funny, and yeah, she's not into him.
Speaker 4: Today, we're trying to recapture the magic.
Speaker 5: The magic I do feel like the buns like I'm going to give Actually, I'm gonna give a really big p s A to anybody, to everybody listening right now, and I'm gonna do when we come back, is it time?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 6: But that okay?
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, Tanya take it away after that big teeth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much. So this is a PSA to anybody listening. If you are in a rut in your life, if you are feeling a little mundane, a little black, maybe a little gray, change your hair. I felt like Cindy Luhu on Monday. I felt like I was a little girl running around Whoville waiting for Christmas to come.
Speaker 3: What. I just don't know that that would do it for me.
Speaker 5: It might not not saying space buns. I'm not saying like give yourself space bunds. What I'm saying is like, change the color of your hair, change the length of your hair, change the part of your hair, like, do something different with your hair, because I'm telling you it changed my dynamic on Monday, Like I was not Tanya. I was Tati. My god, the look, although I did have to take them off because I never was so funny to post this video Robbie saying like he's like, Okay, I think they're cute, they're goofy or whatever he's like, but I'm not like romantically into them. I was like, okay, great, I'll take them down before we go upstairs, if you know what I mean. And so many people were dming me saying that this is a giant green flag because they're like, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want you to look like a young little girl.
Speaker 5: I was like, the fact that that's a green flag is concerning.
Speaker 3: Bars on the ground.
Speaker 2: Bar is very low.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I think they're cute and goofy, but not romantically romantically.
Speaker 2: I'm not into that.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to like, grab one of the space bun give it a whirl.
Speaker 2: Let's see what this. See what she brings to the bedroom. Why, I think she'd be fun too, But he'll never know.
Speaker 5: Nows his lost Yeah, but now I have him again today, So back.
Speaker 1: Up He's probably like Becca, how dairy betray me like this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so these are a little different today. These are Becca buns, but.
Speaker 4: Either taller, they have more energy to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do have some more height.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Mickey like mini mouse ears.
Speaker 3: So now you're like just like the kid.
Speaker 5: And yes, that's my PSA change your hair. It brings out a different side of you.
Speaker 1: Wait when you look at the camera, because I'm thinking about one of the scruncheese is huge and the other one's small.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of them you can see and one of them you cannot. That's my That is the user error. I did not bring. I did not anticipate this hat to happen today, so I didn't have two of the same size. We're still troubleshooting, fine tuning, fine tuning if you will.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have a Dear Bonnie episode today, So shall we get to it because time is of the essence.
Speaker 2: No, we so much to good Chetah, what Phoebe and.
Speaker 4: Pretty much just your dog isn't like rivetting.
Speaker 2: We could do.
Speaker 1: If you want updates on Phoebe that happens on my Instagram, But I don't think that's a podcast conversation.
Speaker 3: My dog's knees needs searcher.
Speaker 5: Oh but you know what is interesting what happened? I think I went viral for the first time. Oh on what on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Oh the real that you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there a million views and climbing.
Speaker 5: But it appears that it has hit a weird part of the internet because I'm getting trolled like I've never been trolled in my life, trolled like like people will being like she's so annoying, how pathetic, you're a you're an adult.
Speaker 1: I saw some of those comments and I was like, this has really hit a strange corner because there's as you don't know you, they don't know people do not know Yes, because I've come across your video randomly. Yes.
Speaker 5: And the best part is I'm responding to all of them that they're like, you're so.
Speaker 2: Annoying. I'm like, yeah, i am, that's my whole like brand, thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like, you're trying to call me out and be a bitch, but like, funny, you don't even know that I own that.
Speaker 3: You're like hit the follow for more of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, make sure to follow and subscribe.
Speaker 3: And I have a podcast as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, please subscribe to that.
Speaker 5: If you want more insecure insecurity, please please follow along there.
Speaker 1: I just didn't find it, Like, I don't think wanting to be on the end is an insecurity thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I apparently it is, but I do.
Speaker 3: Think it's a funny.
Speaker 1: Like it just sometimes when you go viral, that's you can't control.
Speaker 5: And then people were like, you made the photos so ugly, Like why do you have to smile like that? I was like, I think I made the photo, but like I kept just keep hitting the back saying I think I'm gorgeous.
Speaker 2: But things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every troll, everyone that's trolling me is getting some sort of response, but like not what they want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting. I just like, don't engage.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't engage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if someone's gonna call me ugly, I'm gonna say, actually, I'm really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thank you.
Speaker 4: For these comments. She ruined the pick. Anyway, all that work, and look what happened. By the way, you didn't you look just.
Speaker 3: Like photo and smiling.
Speaker 4: This is the most immature, annoying.
Speaker 2: Ass Yeah wait, what did I respond to?
Speaker 4: That level of insecurity is insane? Are you said?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: The burden said, this is the most annoying immature ss and somebody else said it's immature to want to be close to someone, and then somebody said when other people are already surrounding them posted the picture, then yeah, and then somebody else said, you realize if they had a problem, they would have never made this right. And then you said that's correct.
Speaker 3: Like someone I saw a comment that was like you can.
Speaker 1: Tell, like they're all closer because they have the same hair color. Look at their hair color versus I'm like this, who are these are these children? Like who's commenting on this is the weirdest you really hit like this niche weird pocket. Yeah, you never know like when that is the thing with TikTok and reels like you just you throw it up and you never know where it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: And first time going viral and I'm like, bring it.
Speaker 3: Off, baby, Engagement is engagement.
Speaker 2: Yeah you want to troll me atroll right back? Thank you.
Speaker 1: I just posted that like clip of Gracie walking into the party at uh oh my TikTok and it's at one point seven million views, like her fans are just like so obsessed.
Speaker 2: Not quite as viral as mine, but.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's like half I'm not even in it though, so anything negative is just like but everyone's like wow, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, do you have any trolls on that? No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, no, they're like she's ethereal she looks like Lexi Gray, you know, they're like.
Speaker 3: Assess of her.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that was a little bit about me this week.
Speaker 1: Well, just thrilled for you that you have hit a viral streak and just taking it in stride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring on the trolls.
Speaker 3: I don't want them. Don't come. I don't like the trolls.
Speaker 2: I can handle them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know me, they don't know me at all.
Speaker 3: I'm still going. She does not care, but we're still going.
Speaker 5: If my friends and family were saying this stuff, I would care.
Speaker 2: But these trolls. Please. Yeah, no, pack a lunch, Pack a lunch. Yeah. I think we have to go back, and I think we have to take another break.
Speaker 3: No, we don't know, we know. No, man, it's been like five minutes staying.
Speaker 1: But we are gonna do at least one dear Bonnie before we take our next break, all right, Mark to do.
Speaker 4: The first one here? Yeah, first off, I just want to say a big thank you for all the positive energy and light you bring every week to the podcast. There's a guy I used to work with for six years. We became close. We got lunch together multiple times a week. I didn't think much of a first, except that I really appreciated his friendship, But as the years went by, I caught feelings. I never did anything about it because we were colleagues that would have made things awkward. Well, he was let go last year, but we've maintained our friendship and made up once every few months. We don't text regularly, but he likes and replies on my instagrams. We can go weeks without talking, but we meet up. I always feel like we have the best time. Last week we met up, he'd smile and wink at me. He asked to hold his hand to feel how cold it was. He he had to wake up early the next day, but we ended up walking around aimlessly and chatting in a park until two in the morning. We talked about going for pickleball and he said, yes, we should definitely do that. Message me when you're free. So this makes me confuse and frustrated because I'm not sure why he's not taking more of an initiative to find a time to meet if he's really interested, instead of waiting for me to reach out to him. We have mutual colleagues and friends. They say he's obviously into me when we meet up. Sometimes I feel like he does too, but I don't know why. When we're not together, he doesn't put in the effort to chat or meet up more often, which makes me think that maybe he doesn't like me that way. I don't want to ruin the friendship. What should I do help?
Speaker 1: This is one of those where I think you just say hey, kiss me. I think you saw I don't think you say kiss me. I think you just say hey. Is this do you see?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Is this friendship? Or is there like do you see me more than a friend? Or is this friendship?
Speaker 2: Because like you know, it's better than words. Actions exactly what an action is?
Speaker 3: What kiss that? You said kiss me? Which is words?
Speaker 5: So instead of saying kiss me, just kiss him, just go in kiss him. If he backs off and says WHOA, then you have your clear answer. If he leans in and makes out with you, you have your answer.
Speaker 3: I would much rather be rejected by.
Speaker 2: Words than a pull away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, coming from a girl that's been pulled away many times.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, who's pulled away from you?
Speaker 5: I don't know Matthew from college, Pete, that's real.
Speaker 3: You've been pulled away from when we need to kiss.
Speaker 2: It's fine, I'm fine, everything's fine.
Speaker 3: She's hitting all the friends characters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anyways, I think you just go in for a kiss. That's the telltale way.
Speaker 4: You can decide words or kiss. But it's time for you to make an initiative here. And you're worried about we're in the friendship. There is no this is over. It's already over because you have feelings for him, So there is no future friendship here. So you need to make the move, whether it's with words or with actions, because this we need to We need to get out of this limbo that we're in. We need to get out of it.
Speaker 1: I don't think the friendship's over because I think if she's like, hey, are we you know? What is this and he's like, oh, I just here as a friend. If she needs space, she can take it. But I think that if they have a and she knows the I don't know, I had her friendship with a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and guess what. He had a crush on you, I know.
Speaker 1: But then and then he was like I just need to take time, and then we were friends again, and like.
Speaker 2: Now are you still friends?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when's the time you talked to this guy?
Speaker 3: I mean he lives in San Diego, he's married.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: I know he's saying your friend Lee, but like, the friendship's ruined no matter what, You're not going to keep this friend when you're married.
Speaker 3: I know, but she's not married and neither is he.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying if it's if he's like, I don't I like you as a friend and she enjoys being around him and is like, now she has a clear idea of what the relationship is. They can just be friends without any expectations.
Speaker 4: Can But I think there the friendship has a cell by date on it because one of you are going to be in a relationship and that's the end of the friendship. And that's fine. I know what's in a relationship, but there's going to be some day.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're just like, you don't have friends with people because they might eventually get into relationship.
Speaker 4: Friends with people I used to have crushes on.
Speaker 9: Yes, same interesting yeah, I disagree anyway, Guys, there's something about this generation of guys, whether it's millennials or gen Z, they really are bad at taking the initiative.
Speaker 4: And obviously that's a big generalization and I'm sure there are exceptions to that, but generally speaking, they seem very scared of making a move. It's time to make a move, Anonymous, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just also am like, here's my thought on if I like, if I like someone, do I want to be with someone who is like, you know, the whole thing if he wanted to do he would?
Speaker 3: Or do you want to see she would?
Speaker 1: I've always thought like, well, some people are just more shy, they're a little more hesitant. But it's also like, do you want someone who's not gonna take the initiative? Like do you want someone that you have to ask to make the move? Or do you want someone who's gonna make it clear that you don't have to be in this confusing state? Like is it even worth it at this point? Is this your guy? Because it's the guy that you want gonna be like scared to be straightforward with you about his feelings.
Speaker 4: This is a fair point because they were saying if he wants to be with you. You will know it.
Speaker 1: I have never had a fleeing a relationship where I wasn't one thousand percent sure that the person had the same feelings for me.
Speaker 4: But why is he if I'm him, I'm not walking around till two in the morning with somebody I don't.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm also like, so is he shot? What's the hold up is he? Is it a personality?
Speaker 4: It's fear of rejection.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Now I'm thinking about things a little differently because I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: You know who?
Speaker 3: I know who? Oh yeah, we used.
Speaker 5: To hang out all the time, just the two of us hung out. He loved hanging out with me as a friend. Called to you, told me you want to get a drink? I want to do this, I want to go to this workout. And I was into him. I was like, why is he making a move? He clearly didn't want to. Now he's married to somebody else, spoiler?
Speaker 4: What was he doing all that?
Speaker 3: I know as a person and wanted to.
Speaker 4: I'm cool, very beyond cool, but just as a friend, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's odd to me. It was so odd to me. I was like hell, hell, how much more? Like can I put my boobs up?
Speaker 3: And like, yeah, I mean you can only put your boobs up so much.
Speaker 2: You can only put your boobs up.
Speaker 3: And if he wants it, he wants the boob he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Right, And so like, moves could have been made.
Speaker 3: But did you kiss him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Did you ask him to kiss you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I don't know why I didn't, though in hindsight I wish I would have. So that's my advice to you, anonymous. In hindsight, I had a similar situation. I did not make a move, and I will always wonder what if I mean really?
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I think you should just make your.
Speaker 4: Move, all right, right, great, not all in agreement.
Speaker 1: And I also think you deserve to have someone who just makes a move, even though I know a lot of people disagree and be like.
Speaker 3: Not everyone straightforward.
Speaker 1: Some guys need a little push personally, I think you deserve not to be in a state of confusion with the person that you're gonna be.
Speaker 5: I was so confused in that situation, and he wasn't the right guy right right.
Speaker 3: And the right guy didn't make you feel confused about his feelings for you.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He said, I'll pick you up on my way to the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope she can put all this advice together and make it somewhat cohesive and make a decision bullet points.
Speaker 3: Okay, well now let's take a break.
Speaker 4: But we'll tease it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, this is a good one. Okay, is bad at texting a red flag?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 4: All right, well, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we're back mark.
Speaker 1: This is well, we know Tanya's opinion, but let's hear the meat of the question.
Speaker 4: I love the podcast and hearing all of your stories. You guys make the work week easier, So thank you for that. That is very sweet. That is the goal, right, we want to make the tough week easier. That's sweet. I'm twenty nine, started dating again after a long bad relationship. I've gone on a few okay dates, but I know it's a numbers game, so I keep trying. I've finally met a guy and we clicked on our first date. Chemistry, conversation, We're great. We've gone in a few dates since then. They've all been great. My issue is the communication between the dates not so great. Texts are short, sometimes he leaves me on red gives me reasons like, uh, my phone died, I was busy at work. I told him, you can just tell me if he's busier can't talk. Sometimes he goes a day or two without saying anything, and it's just weird to me. He's three years younger than me, so I'm not sure if it's an age thing as well, am I overreacting? A part of me wonders if he's just not interested. Of note, we've both initiated making plans to hang and he says he really likes me. But at the same time, actions speak louder than words. I'd love any advice all four of you could give.
Speaker 3: Goes back to just goes back, similar, similar, But.
Speaker 1: I also here's my thing with this, because I don't think that everyone is a good communicator, especially over text and calls. Like I do think people are just like lazy about charging their phone, like I have some people that just their phones never.
Speaker 3: Charged, and I do believe that.
Speaker 1: However, it seems like you want someone who is a good texter and is a good communicator, and I don't think that this is something I think this is something that's going to continually bother you.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, in the relationship.
Speaker 5: So as someone who is not a good texture myself thyself. Yeah, like in the beginning, I would always like screenshot Robbie's text and send it to you to come up with like a funny, witty response.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not the same as not responding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I could that could have taken a day, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We never took a day to respond, lovely, it's running a day workshopping responses.
Speaker 3: Very different. This is very different, by the way.
Speaker 4: Group of ten people similar demographic to Robbie, how would you respond if I said this to him?
Speaker 2: But it could be the same thing.
Speaker 5: It could be like this guy is maybe not the best text or he wants to be like funny and witty and on it with you, and so he's like afraid to respond because his response is lame, and like he's sending it off to his friends to workshop as well.
Speaker 2: Is that delusional?
Speaker 3: I say yes, But there are others who will say no.
Speaker 4: Some guys, some people are just bad at texting. I've got guys like my friend Kurt. I know if I text him here from him in three days. Maybe it's just kind of how some guys are. So I think maybe it's just how he is. But like Beca said, if this is important to you, then yes, it's a red flag because everyone's what flags are.
Speaker 2: Different, it's a beige flag. I like, it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I just think if it's y'all aren't even an official couple and it's bothering you, then when you get together, that's going to be annoying.
Speaker 5: But also she hasn't even told him that it's annoying. Why don't you tell him, Hey, I don't like this, because that's.
Speaker 1: Going to come across like naggi and like, I'm not even your boyfriend. Why are you expecting me to just like respond on.
Speaker 2: Your Then maybe she shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't what expect that?
Speaker 2: This is just who he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's fine, but she wants someone who's gonna communicate.
Speaker 1: She thinks you Robbie's a very good texter and communicator and if.
Speaker 3: He wasn't, you would not. You are talking about you never miss a.
Speaker 4: Beat, like you're the other extreme from this guy. This guy like season and Red just ignores it goes back to work. Were you obsessed about what you're gonna say? Back? Becca? What should I say? And even when you're not in that situation with him. I think you respond very quickly and very well. Yours respond to me immediately. I understand, But I'm just saying I think I don't think you're a bad texture.
Speaker 3: No, and I also think that.
Speaker 1: But your reason of not being what you consider not being a good Texter is because you're thoughtful about your response.
Speaker 3: And I don't.
Speaker 1: Necessarily think this guy is being thoughtful about his response.
Speaker 2: But that's you know what that is. That's an assumption, it is.
Speaker 4: And you're an overthinker. He's an underthinker.
Speaker 2: Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I don't I feel I feel confident in my my stance here.
Speaker 2: Well, you have two different stances, Anonymous, So take the yellow brick road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the yellow brick road.
Speaker 1: I just think that, and I do think if you want to, if you really like him and you want to have a I'm scared you're scaring me.
Speaker 3: She's staring at me the head.
Speaker 2: Down makes really standing straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna say, if you want to have a conversation, like hey, like I I can't tell if I'm expecting too much, but I'm not used to not hearing from the person. I don't want to take it the wrong way, but it's, you know, making It's making me wonder if you're like interested and I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.
Speaker 3: That would be a very mature, healthy way to handle it. If you can get there.
Speaker 2: Take your take your brick road, take your time, Take your time, take your brick.
Speaker 4: Becka, do you want to jump with the most salacious of these?
Speaker 3: Is that my sex life? Yes? It's short and sweet.
Speaker 4: Hi guys, so grateful for your pod. I love every Monday and Thursday because of you. Again, I need some advice. My husband and I've been married four years and have a one and a half year old. Ever since we had our child, our intimacy has been black. Oh no, he claims he isn't cheating, he isn't watching porn, he isn't masturbating, et cetera. I genuinely believe him, But why does he never want sex with me? I've tried initiating. Oh this, this sentence hurts me. I tried initiating and he turned me down because you wanted to watch a show or go to sleep. I feel sad at this point. Am I crazy? How do I fix this.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's sad.
Speaker 4: I think it's so sad.
Speaker 5: Why if you're tired, the last thing I want to do is be jumping around on someone.
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm again with the generalizations. I feel like with women that is the case. I feel like men will take the jumping around any chance they can get the jumping around.
Speaker 2: Yes, you think.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have a get time an opinion of this because I don't. I'm not dealing with the man woman dynamic, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't. I think it's different for everybody, and it's certainly in my case that is the case. I don't that's a wonderful offer, and I'm never turning that down.
Speaker 2: But I also think that you offer something every day.
Speaker 4: If only that were the case.
Speaker 1: But I agree, if it's like a one off, he's had a long week and he's started, he just wants to decompress and watch the show. But if it's like every time she's offering, well.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the difference here is because I don't think it's a bad sign. Like I've I've wanted to and he's not wanted to. But I like, I'm ready to go every day. So it's not like this like exciting thing, do you know what I mean? Like I it is what it is, but the fact that they aren't having it, they are not having sex and then she's tried and he turned it down that you know, that hurts I think more because it's not like they just had sex the day before, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe talk to someone about it and try to figure out because remember when we had that sex therapist on and did.
Speaker 3: We have a sex therapist on? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a sex like couple therapists, and she has like she had like the show where they figure out their styles of.
Speaker 3: We did have someone yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah we did trying to make me feel trying to gaslight me.
Speaker 1: No, So I remember I found it so interesting because she was like trying to find like what turned your partner on and like what it is, like.
Speaker 2: The languages of sex or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that is so such valuable information because it could be figuring out what it is that gets him in the mood because it might just be different than what gets you in the mood, and if it could be like a date before or something that makes y'all feel connected, so that that that natural progression of sex is like open for him. He might just be like shut down right now, not feeling like intimate or connected with you. And I think it's like refinding that those things that excite you about each other.
Speaker 3: Because I've heard.
Speaker 1: From every single person that I know that's had kids, especially in those first years. Mark, I feel like we've talked about this that it's hard and like intimacy and trying to connect with their partner is just different. It's a different phase of life.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: You have like a baby that you're trying to I bet, and so it might just be an adjustment.
Speaker 4: And you know how like guys are like afraid to do it when you're pregnant because they think they're going to hurt the baby or something, you know, the silly things. But you know, we have that in mind because everything's different. And even after you have the baby, things are different. Your boobs are now feeding your children, Like it's weird to be like excited for them when they're actually generating. YEA, so body it's much more functional now and I don't and it's so it's a weird. It's not that it's not sexy anymore, because it absolutely can be. But guys, I think are a little freaked out by some of those changes and and so there might be something to that. But I think Becky, you're right, you should have a conversation like what turns you on? Yeah, if you were to, you mentioned watching porn, If you were to, what do you like to watch? What are you into? And maybe we can incorporate some of that in the bedroom if it's not too.
Speaker 3: Weird or if it's not.
Speaker 4: But I think there's a conversation there because you could be freaked out by certain things. He doesn't want to mention because it doesn't want to hurt your feelings, But it would be that you know what that is, And maybe.
Speaker 5: It is maybe it is exactly that, Like he sees the boobs as like his child's food supplies, if he doesn't want to suck on them and accidentally get some of the food, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the kids just came out of the other area. It's weird for you to want to do things to that area that just created life.
Speaker 5: It's weird, right, you know, I didn't even think of it like that, Like, you're not gonna smack.
Speaker 10: My, I'm sorry, smack your What what's he smacking that sounds so painful?
Speaker 3: Anything other? What is he smacking? Not the smack.
Speaker 2: The thing is he's not smacking it, okay, he's not.
Speaker 3: Just upset to know that he does. That's really upsetting.
Speaker 1: There's something about the space bunds that makes it more.
Speaker 5: The first are also loose, like they're super loose, so I feel like they're.
Speaker 2: Like jiggling on my head.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well any next question?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 4: All right, well shall we? I mean, we're getting towards the end of our time.
Speaker 2: We should wrap it up.
Speaker 4: We can jump to the fun one. Yeah, yeah, let's This is from mollyhi Beckatania Mark and Eastern Day one scrubber Here. This is a fun question that I ask my friends and people I meet and find that they be telling of who they are and their personality. You all may have experienced this already, especially Tanya. But who is a celebrity that you know that you know you would hit it off with and become friends with if you met them organically at a bar and why or in the case of U four, a work or an influencer event, And if this has happened already. Who is it? Mine has always been Jamie Lee Curtis. I have no real reason to believe this, but I just know in my heart to be true. She wants to hear our thoughts. So celebrity, you just know, maybe you've never met them, you just know that if you did meet them, you guys would hit it off and you'd be besties. I got one. I can go first, Jason Bateman. I think Jason Bateman and I would be best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're similar age, our kids are similar age. I always think he's great in his movies and such. He's a baseball fan. I think we'd be good friends.
Speaker 2: Good one. That's actually a really good one.
Speaker 3: Do you have anyone off the top of your head, So off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: You can't say Kayler.
Speaker 5: Top of my head. I want to say Chloe Kardashian, Oh that's a good one, thank you, or Courtney Kardashian or Kim kard I honestly, all the Kardashians adopt me.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. Yeah, I feel like I feel like all of them. Weirdly, I feel like, yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Would love you, they'd want you hanging out at the mansion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like maybe Chloe Moore, maybe Courtney Moore. I don't know. It's a toss up.
Speaker 5: You could really just hit And I think Kendall and Kylie would enjoy me as well.
Speaker 4: Sure, kind of like an aunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always feel that way with Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that shots fire came over that comment. Uh, that's kind of where my brain went. Was the Kardashian clan and Chris Jenner. I'd a that holiday party.
Speaker 2: I feel like it'd be fun times.
Speaker 3: It's so basic to say this, but I always feel it.
Speaker 2: When I know what you're gonna say. Jennifer Anderson, No, I bet you would, though I do.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna say Taylor Swift, like I just feel like, I literally feel like if we just like hung out and had a conversation that like outside of her fame world, that we would be friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she's so famous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it changes people.
Speaker 3: I don't think it changes her. I just don't know that she has time for me.
Speaker 4: I think that level of fame cannot help but change people.
Speaker 1: I agree, Oh yeah, because every friend you make you have to go like, yeah, why are do they just would they be friends with me without the success.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was somebody I saw interviewed recently and I was like, she is so funny and I feel like I could be like, she has the humor that I love.
Speaker 3: But I can't remember who it was, but it was like.
Speaker 5: A Drew Barrymore, no man love her, but no Martha Stewart, no Ben Hathaway.
Speaker 1: Someone wrote me on Instagram and said they worked for her and they worked in a store and they all used to fight over like not wanting to help her because she was so rude.
Speaker 5: I imagine, Yeah, I imagine that she's quite prickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Like I don't know that she'd be the one that i'd have.
Speaker 2: A dinner party with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, but she's fascinating. Yeah yeah, So I guess it's so basic, but I think Taylor.
Speaker 2: I know, I went basic too with the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: I'm doing.
Speaker 2: My My FIRSTLF.
Speaker 1: Was Kylie Jenner because every time I see her videos, I think she's so funny, and I really I think the Kardashians were a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you not to scroll then, yeah.
Speaker 3: You don't need to. I was scrolling millennial woman.
Speaker 8: Celeb Yeah wow, all right, well that's all for now, but we will be back on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stay tuned for that. We can't wait. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: We love you, somebody love you.
Speaker 10: Bye mhm.