Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is Mick Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: We hadn't heard this in a while, You.
Speaker 4: Mean we hadn't heard in a while.
Speaker 3: We heard it Friday on a Monday.
Speaker 4: Of course, we always play it Friday. It's fabulous fight song Friday. We just haven't had a victory Monday for a while. That's sad. Yeah, we were talking on her. That's you count as to win. Don't you think? I think the Cowboys won that game twice?
Speaker 3: Maybe three times?
Speaker 4: Well? Well, well a factory Monday. You're inside the s w BC podcast studio and this is mix Shots brought to you by Miller Lite. And Mickey already has his nose to the grindstone because there's another game facing him in three days.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's gonna be quick, right, that's the Giants, But we can talk about the Giants tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the Commanders. Let's talk about what they call Dallas week in DC.
Speaker 3: Boy, they spoil a lot of people's up coming Thanksgiving. I'll guarantee you that although there was quite a few Cowboy fans in that stadium, and I was sitting there beforehand, and when I'm thinking about all the people or all the guys that weren't going to play, and I'm sitting there, going all these poor people they and they were in the lower bowl, right good seats with the yard line, right behind the Cowboys bench, and I'm going, I wonder how much they have to pay for those seats, And now the Cowboys are going to go out there with this team, and uh yeah, how wrong you could be.
Speaker 5: I had a good time just watching it. I was, I was downright giddy. I got admitted. I was in the hotel room. It was time to check out, and I wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 4: You paid for a late checkout?
Speaker 6: No, No, I knew the manager, so you know, I forgot You're ever since Walter.
Speaker 7: I must admit I a little lie.
Speaker 5: I said that mister so and so said that I was supposed to have a late checkout.
Speaker 7: They believe me. It was easy.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: That's funny because my column that's going to go up as soon as are out look starts working here again today, I wrote, I said, you know, I know these people in the stadium were probably coming out of their skin. I said, but if you were watching that home, I bet you got up off your pup and started dancing. It was just unbelievable. Really, I don't think I've seen a game like that.
Speaker 5: Especially what say, the last minute forty.
Speaker 4: Whatever, there were a total from the three oh two mark on the last three minutes of the game there were thirty one points scored.
Speaker 3: It was three to three at halftime three three and only because of a block field goal, a missfield goal.
Speaker 4: Their missfield goal, Cowboys led twenty to nine with three oh five left. With three two left, the Commanders scored with then a two point conversion which made it twenty to seventeen, so you'd add it up. Final score was thirty four to twenty six. So the Commanders in the last three o two scored seventeen points and the Cowboys scored fourteen points. Thirty one points in three minutes.
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys that ended up scoring two return touchdowns yep for a total of twenty seconds. Turpins was thirteen and one yea. Thomas oh Boy picked the click.
Speaker 4: Man and it was Interpin's score came with two forty nine left and one ye Thomas came with fourteen seconds left.
Speaker 3: Which I'm sure everybody on the bench is yelly, go down, go down?
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Look on McCarthy's face. A TV shot to McCarthy and he had this yes, and then oh what's he doing?
Speaker 3: I even said it. I was what I was like, I talked to myself in the press box and I'm going go down.
Speaker 5: How about the best three sixty return for a Testtown kid?
Speaker 3: His unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I mean that was the fastest three Yeah, I think I've seen it.
Speaker 4: Turned the game around basically, because you're sitting there at twenty to seventeen with three h two left, and this Dallas offense was going to have to do something Otherwise Jayden Daniels in Washington was going to get another chance. And I think they have the capability of throwing an eighty six yard touchdown.
Speaker 7: Faster Turpins on.
Speaker 3: He's unbelievable, He's funny.
Speaker 4: He's he talks a mile a minute. He talks faster than he runs.
Speaker 7: Head up after that.
Speaker 3: Right, oh you should have seen it?
Speaker 4: And on and someone said he's got a career as an auctioneer.
Speaker 7: I heard that on the ticket Saturday. That's so funny.
Speaker 3: So when I asked him today, I said, do you think he mishit the kick? Or did Can he not get it to the end zone? And he goes, oh no, he goes, I know that guy. I played against them.
Speaker 4: At Oklahoma Austin Cybery.
Speaker 3: He's a good kicker. They were trying to mess with me, you know, kicking it short line drive.
Speaker 4: Special coach had tricks up his sleeve, as evidenced by the block to field goal to start the game. And then the Cowboys got his number later.
Speaker 3: And he gets the ball and you know, and it's like, so what do you see after you spin? And I go, because you were going like very deliberately right, And he goes, I was trying to see their angles, angles, angles.
Speaker 4: He's so good at his craft. He's like a scientist in the laboun he got.
Speaker 3: I mean I could see it because I could see the whole field where we're at. You guys got TV. But he he started going at the ten and when he got to the fifteen, and one guy came with a hand and just tapped him. I go, he's gone, Yeah, and the and they're not going to catch him.
Speaker 5: He reminded me of the whole premise of the forty six defense bears right. No one could get by him in the running game, but Tom Langer was always holding that carried up and saying, but if you get by that first wave right, you're gone.
Speaker 3: Well that was the premise of this new kickoff a little because they thought that if you can get by the first wave, we got a chance. Exactly, big returns because there's nobody behind but.
Speaker 5: Everyone everyone can't make a three sixty move right right to get by the way.
Speaker 7: That's where the expertise goes.
Speaker 4: Everyone's gonna try it now they're gonna get They're gonna.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oops oops oops, you know, because those were too.
Speaker 3: Well, you're seeing that from Zeke. But it's at the at the at the line of scrimmage because he can't get past the life discribage, and so.
Speaker 4: He does it three sixties swallowed up as soon as he gets the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Everybody makes fun of him. Do they watch the runs when he gets them? Of these, there's no hole. It's not like he can't with Zeke.
Speaker 4: It's as if okay, Zeke's in the game, they're going to give him the ball.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. But yeah. So so today they started asking him about he wears glasses now Turken okay, and uh it was like, well, he goes, well, I had trouble reading and I couldn't see distance. And it's like, well, you can see the football, okay, Oh yeah, I can see the football. I just can't look across the locker room and read those names. They're fuzzy. So I finally decided to get glasses and I asked him, I said, could you see the end zone? He said always?
Speaker 4: So is he wearing contexts?
Speaker 3: I believe, I believe so. Yeah, but he's got these big I know.
Speaker 4: It came out a couple of weeks ago. He had gone the eye doctor.
Speaker 3: And he didn't realize that. He said, I had trouble reading.
Speaker 4: I remember when I was in fourth grade when I got glasses for the first time, and I thought everyone saw like that. In fact, Everson, I was the quarterback for the nine and under Irving WYMCA Army and we set a record by scoring no points the entire season. I was the quarterback and I led our team to zero points. I was the commander of the army, and that's when we figured out that I needed glasses. I remember, and I remember going to downtown Dallas. I was just heaving the ball down field, and I remember going to downtown Dallas get my new glasses and then put them on, and it was like this whole world open up to me. Wow, there's skyscrapers here, but that's Cavante Turpin. I mean, it's amazing detail. You can see, you can others names on the lockers across the way.
Speaker 5: Well, as a kid, you know, I think it's different from as a grown man to finally say wow, maybe the ball looked better.
Speaker 7: You can say everything much.
Speaker 3: So what do you think of all these performances? That and knowing what they didn't have on the field, which was the most dramatic best.
Speaker 5: I think when the score got to be twenties was the twenty seventeen yep, that was Did you pick that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: I picked it after the field goal twenty seven twenty Yeah, I to what you picked?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: And Donovan Wilson was my boy who happened to punch.
Speaker 4: The ball out, Uh huh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I was looking because he wasn't in coverage.
Speaker 5: I was talking to nobody in the in the hotel room like twenty seven twenty and then when he knocks about like I started to text you guys.
Speaker 6: I know every time I text. So yeah, just if text you guys, Washington would have won. I was so glad I didn't text. I almost said some of that.
Speaker 4: It definitely makes a difference. It makes a difference where you're sitting watching the game. It's so Josh Butler.
Speaker 3: Yes, twelve tackles, three passes, broken up, a sack. I believe he had maybe a tackle for a loss. It just this guy was on the practice square.
Speaker 4: You know why he had twelve tackles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, because they kept throwing at it, but they didn't want to throw They didn't want to throw it land right.
Speaker 4: We talked about him in training camp. Yes, that's why I wanted to interview him, that the three million followers on top need to go interview him. He was look and and we did. We did a full blown story on him. But so I watched him in training camp. I said, this guy he's got something here.
Speaker 3: He did I mean he I thought he was going to make the team. Yeah, I was surprised they got him on the practice squad. Right, Well, he just held court today. It's his birthday, by the way.
Speaker 4: Wow nice.
Speaker 3: But he stood there and talked to the last person that asked him a question, and it was me because he looked at me and he goes, you got something. I go, yeah, I said, what was the mindset going into this game? When you had all these guys missing? What were you thinking? He goes. All I know is I've worked hard, I studied, I practiced. This was my opportunity. He goes, and I have to take advantage everything I've gone through to get to this point. He goes, I'm not worrying about who's not there. I'm there and I got to play.
Speaker 4: You have been talking a loud about them, Bill Well, I mean, once you dig into his story and realize. But I first noticed him on the field. I to think he had a pick in the first practice at training camp or something of dak okay, and so that caught my and then I'm starting and I knew that they had signed him like a and he was in camp last year and played in pre season games last year. But once I but it was a late signing because he had played in the USFL. So he wasn't here during the off season, and but when and then you get into the season and he's on the practice squad and you don't pay attention to practice squad guys, and so really digging in this year and then you read it. You hear about his story and losing his parents when he was in college at Michigan State and uh, and then COVID hits, So he wasn't drafted, but he had two degrees from Michigan State, including a master's degree, and COVID hits, he doesn't get an opportunity and because there's basically pro day got canceled or whatever, and so he's got no chance to even and so then he goes and makes something of himself, goes to Hollywood and his entertainment career and starts up his you know, he's an entrepreneurial spirit about him. But at the same time he's still working out and stuff. And it's like three years passed by, and then finally he gets a call from the USFL Michigan Panthers in twenty twenty three. This is like four years after he graduated from Michigan State, and hey, we need you. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 3: He hold it right there too, because they asked him, how did the Michigan Panthers know about you? And he goes, I got no idea. That's like, did you know somebody there that you know, said hey, this guy can He goes, No, he goes, they called me one night, and he goes and thank god, I answered the phone, and they said we'd like to sign you. And somebody said, did you have an agent? He goes, I didn't have an agent until last year. He goes.
Speaker 4: I he was in California, and so he said, give me two days. He drives to Michigan and plays for the US and then the Cowboys because they scout the USFL and then they give him a shot right before training camp last year. And they liked enough about him. They was on the practice squad all year out of West Mesquite High School.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean, it's amazing story. Well, and he's you know, so he's twenty seven years old. He's not like some young pup coming in here. And then yeah, he's got a maturity about him.
Speaker 3: They asked him about because they asked him something and he says, well, I've got patience. I had to wait, you know, wait for my chance. He goes, but I had a he said, I had a gold board and I had all these sticky notes on it, he goes. One of the sticky notes was play in sign a contract in the NFL. And that's when he was going through his three year deal, just trying to get back in the game. And here he is today. How about this? And I think this is indicative of just what happened yesterday. In the locker room opened at eleven o'clock. I left there about out eleven thirty five. The guys talking were Janier Thomas, Josh Butler, and Cavante Turpin. There was no Dak Presscott Zeke and and by the way, CD it was those three guys.
Speaker 4: But those are the guys we wanted to talk to.
Speaker 3: Yes, and those are the guys that marved that victory possible. Right And and I guarantee you Josh Butler didn't know he was gonna start until probably Saturday. Diggs is questionable with some I don't know what it was, growing hamstring whatever, and then he doesn't even go to the game. When you're questionable, you don't you don't stay home. And now it's like, okay, you're up, you're starting, and I'm sure Washington looked and go, huh, number thirty one's out there. Okay, we're gonna throw at him.
Speaker 7: Game plan just scratch that.
Speaker 3: And he should have had that interced he said. He said, I said, you wanted that interception. He goes, oh, man, he goes, I had it. But the guy when he put his hand up to try to catch it, it went right in my face. And I couldn't see the ball at the end. But he jumped that route, and you know, his guy caught it. But there was no mistakes like a mistackle or a miscoverage.
Speaker 7: That layed to bigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did his job, and it's a it's a pretty neat story.
Speaker 5: This game reminds me of I think it was nineteen eighty seven Cowboys versus Cardinals in Texas Stadium, and we had Steve Diassi playing outside linebacker right, the deep snapper and middle linebacker. Yeah, I mean, quintessential middle linebacker. He's that that fireplug, right, so you put him on the outside now, and I think we had Jeff roh on the other side, and the Cardinals needed the game to make the playoffs, and I don't know what happened to us.
Speaker 7: That game.
Speaker 5: But we started playing our asses off, and those linebackers, that little crew that was just put together at the last minute, they played so well and we beat them, and we knocked them out of the playoffs. I believe that was nineteen eighty seven. And it was the feeling is that you had no shot in the beginning, and when you go into a game and you think everyone says you have no shot, and then there's this feeling that's in the huddle that was different from any other feeling that you had in the other games that you should have won that you lost. This one was, Oh hell, theosces in you know, Jeff Rosen, like, oh, what kind of game plan can we come up with? And I don't think their game plan mattered, you know, for some reason, the guys in that huddle played perfectly for what they can do, and the cards couldn't get over.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm sure there's people out there going, well, son of a gun, they just messed up a draft pick.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like, go tell those young guys in the locker room though.
Speaker 7: Right, how do you play for a draft pick? I don't know how you do that. If I'm on the field as a player. Does this mean I make a.
Speaker 3: Play time people in the media?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do how do I do that? As a player? Do I make this play?
Speaker 3: You're sitting there going I got the opportunity of my life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, So do I go out there and not may play?
Speaker 3: I need a contract?
Speaker 7: Is this rehearsal? You know? So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unbelievable to think that way that. Yeah, let's just tank, right, yeah, go tell those guys that are trying to make a career to go tank. Uh And And I thought McCarthy was really good after the game when he said this was this game he told them this Saturday night, he goes, this game is about who we have of playing, not about who we don't have played. Because if you looked at that, oh my, you realize the top five paid players did not play in that game. And it's not just money, we're talking experience. You got three guys Dak nine years, DeMarcus Lawrence eleven, Zach Martin eleven, Brandon Cooks eleven, and then Trayvon Diggs with his five. It's forty I think it was forty seven or fifty some years of experience that was not in the game. And they played like that, so all the people out there also that were, you know, banging the drum that Washington's turned this thing around and they got it figured out and they know how to run a franchise. Now go go think about their A tip hail Mary from being six and six right.
Speaker 4: Now and having lost four of the last five game, Yes for the Hill Mary.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean there were previous games where we had a chance to do then what we did.
Speaker 3: And didn't make the play that they needed.
Speaker 7: To or made the mistake that you should not have made.
Speaker 5: And that's so I think about that that Cardinals game and other games that I've seen and played in like that. It didn't matter who was out there, the game plan was put together perfectly, and the guys didn't make the mistakes to lose the game themselves. And we've seen what we could have done that I would say in the last at least three out of five ball games that we played, we could have realistically won three of those last five five games.
Speaker 3: Well, Baltimore three point loss, you were one down away from getting the ball back down by three, and you let them have the first down the Atlanta game they were in, and and think about this, how they started the game, blockfield goal, miss field goal off the right upright, which, by the way, when he was warming up that direction, I was watching and his ball was getting pushed to the right, and he didn't compensate enough for the win that was up there that it didn't feel like he knew I tell.
Speaker 4: The way he was he should have gone.
Speaker 9: He left.
Speaker 3: He left the ball too far in the middle, playing Milwaukie talkie in the back third.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've noticed.
Speaker 3: Third possession, Donald loses his first fumble of the year. And then what happened the fifth possession, They had another bonehead thing that took place, and it was like and it's three three a half time, so uh, it was like, there's this is what you expected, right, except for the missed field goal, the block field goal, although you know now, I'm sure with the couple of the offensive linemen out you had to re shuffle who was out there on field goal block. Oh, I know what it was. It was the block punt and you still win the game.
Speaker 4: And then the sixth possession you were three and out punt, and then finally the seventh possession, with fourteen seconds left in the half, you had the forty one yard pass the Jalen Brooks that put you in position for the tying field goal.
Speaker 3: Jalen Brooks too, by the way, Yeah right, another name.
Speaker 4: All right, we're just getting started on this edition of mix Shots, and happy twenty eighth birthday to Josh Butler. In the break, I'm going to treat Everson and Mickey to the hit from Josh Butler that's been posted that three point three million subscribers are listening to today on TikTok. That would be pretty Brown Skin by Josh Butler and mix Shots continues now.
Speaker 5: Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott slid for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt pittm of meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demit shuts.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation, It's time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Laney Wilson and a special guest performed during the Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in needs. So tune in to watch Cowboys, Giants and Laney Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 4: Mickey asked me what degree Josh Butler got at Michigan State. He got a master's in Media and Information.
Speaker 5: So there you go, and singing his assah very talented.
Speaker 3: I wrote down here on my game book at five sixteen scotent makers scores at twenty two yard touchdown. But before that, the Cowboys in the fourth quarter had kicked a field goal. So in the entire fourth quarter, forty one points were scored. Right, think about that. That's about as bizarre as it comes.
Speaker 5: It's I don't think I've seen the Cowboy game end like this in a long time.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever had a long time. So, Bill, I think everybody must have been listening to our podcast. So they picked up on the Steve burline.
Speaker 4: Oh they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard they said it on the TV broadcast. I didn't hear it, So I did not they heard it on the broadcast.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was on the radio broadcast. Maybe I mentioned it on our Cowboys game Day show on CBS yesterday, and Babe Laffenberg was on the show. Now you weren't here Friday, and so you didn't hear. I was talking about the fact that in nineteen ninety one, a backup quarterback went into Washington eventual Super Bowl champion Washington team Cowboys were five and six at the time, six and five, Fox and five and Apeman got hurt and Berlin game of the third quarter, and so Steve Berlin comes off the bench and leads them to a twenty four to twenty one win. Yeah. And uh, you know, Berlin is a radio analyst now on the Compass broadcast of Dallas Cowboys games, and so he travels with the team. So he was at the game yesterday.
Speaker 3: So I saw him before before the game. He was doing his homework and he said, uh, he said, somebody just told me that it's to the day when I came in for Troy and we won twenty four to twenty one. I said, yeah, absolutely, babe, because I said it on the Okay, maybe I said.
Speaker 4: It on Thursday when you're here, Okay, it was. It was November twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one. It was thirty three years ago yesterday that Berlin led the Cowboys to a win on the road at Washington, twenty four to twenty one. And it's what it's pretty much the iconic, uh footage of Michael's touchdown right the past to Berlin. You see it on all the career highlights for Michael Irvin where he makes the catch and.
Speaker 3: Does a spinner round. Yeah, kind of a spinner round, and that put him up twenty four Washington scored late to make a twenty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we found the CBS call of it, and it was Summer All and Madden doing the game, and it was typical Summer All. His call was Berline Irvin touchdown.
Speaker 3: And so Troy got hurt early in I think it was the first possession of this third quarter. But they finished the half they called a Hail Mary, and I remember Aikman talking about it afterwards. He goes, yeah, he goes, they call the Hail Mary, and he goes, every time they call the hill Mary, I get intercepted and he goes, and it messes up my quarterback rating. So this time they completed one. I think it was to Elvin Harper to end the half, and he was thinking, Aha, the worm's turning.
Speaker 4: Was that the game they started the second half of an on sidekick. Maybe it was a different game.
Speaker 3: It was, No, it was that. I don't know if if they started that, I think I think this, but they had one, yeah for sure, because that was the one. Jimmy got in the locker room afterwards and he and he basically said, you know, if you're gonna if if you're you're gonna get in a fight with a gorilla. You better carry a big stick. He was trying to do the Teddy Roosevelt you know deal that.
Speaker 4: He doesn't walk softly.
Speaker 3: Car he said, he grabbed sick and he goes, Yeah, if you're gonna hit this guy, you don't just tap him. You gotta slug him.
Speaker 4: I mean, but you look back at the Cowboys nineties teams and okay, they were hovering around five hundred, and they go in there and Apeman gets hurt. Berline comes in and they win that game. And they rattled off five straight wins and made the playoffs and beat Chicago in the playoffs and then lost to Detroit in the second round. So and then the next year, of course, the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Think about this.
Speaker 5: That's why they questioned should Bowline have come back Troy.
Speaker 4: In that Detroit game?
Speaker 3: And he was mad because they didn't start him and they didn't think he was healthy enough, and then they brought him in late in the second quarter and it was too late. Uh, think about this. Backup quarterbacks for the Cowboys. You heard of Clint Longley, Yeah, Washington nineteen eighty nine, the only win of the season. Steve Walsh, Yeah again, Berline against Doug Doug Williams who was coming back from injury, and he should have never.
Speaker 4: And it was a path you got, Doug, I got that.
Speaker 7: It was a tip pass.
Speaker 3: Was three thirteen six seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you ever mentioned that to him before?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, since then? Do you ever mention it that in nineteen eighty nine? Well, no, we've got too much respectful.
Speaker 5: Well, no, he's got his pial is a little bit. So I'm still trying to go up. I'm sorry here we are.
Speaker 4: Remember that one time I got you.
Speaker 3: Exactly you know what. And then so that was the only win of the season, and it was for some reason, it was a Sunday night game. So we're all on deadline right trying to of course they win that game. And then in uh the and then ninety one it happened. Uh and now this, I mean I remember talking to somebody. We were in Georgetown before a Cowboy Washington game, and some guy started talking. He was a big Redskins fan, and he was like, yeah, he goes that, Damn Clint Long ruined my Thanksgiving. He said, I was still sick to my stomach. I couldn't eat my turkey. But yeah, back Cowboys backup quarterbacks against against Washington and now this one, it's it's quite a legacy.
Speaker 4: Well, you're going back in time to that nineteen ninety one game.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, the ninety one game, let me add this had had the Cowboys not beaten Washington, they were going to go undefeated because the only other game they lost I think was at the end of the season when they didn't need to win and they wanted to keep everybody healthy, and I think they got beat like he was the second to the last or last game of this They only lost two games that year if I remember correctly, but they were undefeated going into that game.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe this will rekindle the rivalry. This this goes into a an era that you know, the Cowboys have now won six of the last seven against Washington. But now that they've got Jaden Daniels and with Dan Quinn over there, right, maybe because it's been a long spell now since the Dallas Washington rivalry was really much of a rivalry, really not the storied rivalry.
Speaker 3: It's been not the one that we wrote a book about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe this will we'll set it off again.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact that they've got Dante Fowler and Armstrong and Beadish on the team. So I'm sure those guys were the first time they got a chance to tackle some of their teammates or former teammates. I should say, we have a stalker outside Nathan Naan Frisco, just dying to come in. Well, you know what, you know when we did the picks to click, His pick to click was time of possession a try at the end of that exactly at the end of the first half. The Cowboys know, at the end of the game, the Cowboys had the ball thirty five twelve to twenty four forty eight. How about that?
Speaker 5: You know that Natives, he's something else.
Speaker 4: Herry is stute, and.
Speaker 3: That's a good word.
Speaker 7: That's a good word.
Speaker 3: He's at the end of the half. I remember looking it up just because I remember him saying that Cowboys had the ball eighteen o seven and the Commander's eleven fifty three only eleven minutes fifty three seconds.
Speaker 7: Oh we gohadle game.
Speaker 3: This guy's somebody asked me about it.
Speaker 7: Really good. It's like really good.
Speaker 3: I was running with his hair on, fire.
Speaker 7: Man, that's all the time. That's all the time.
Speaker 3: He was running like a tush push without.
Speaker 5: The push if you if you just give him a sliver, just give me some air, he's gonna try to split it.
Speaker 4: Well, you're talking about Josh Butler. How about the guards. Yes, I mean you're playing without your perennial pro bowler Zach Martin and another pro bowler and Tyler Smith, and you got TJ. Bass and under grafted guy at right guard and at left guard you got Hoffman.
Speaker 3: And go further.
Speaker 4: First Bass was on the left.
Speaker 3: Side side, and then they brought in awesome Richards several times, which they should have just left him in there.
Speaker 4: We're trying to keep it positive.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, and you had a rookie at center, so you had four guys in there, and it's like, are you kidding me? And I think they only gave up. Do you get sacked once? How many sacks they have?
Speaker 4: And it was a give up, But it was a give up at the end of the game when you're killing the clock.
Speaker 3: Was that they didn't give them a sack on that, did they?
Speaker 4: I believe?
Speaker 3: So it was drawn pain. I think it was anyway they I thought young guys did a did a heck of a job.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean when when when you hear about what Nate says talk about time of possession. The simplest of it is games being won in the trenches, right, That's just what it all comes down to. Who's gonna have who's going to be able to sustain drives the most? And with the amount of points that we had, especially with the special teams play, that really gives you a way to breathe, you know, it gives you a chance to not go so deep into your playbook, right, as long as you're moving the ball the way we were moving the ball.
Speaker 3: You know, the other guy that played his butt off Ceede Lamb, and it wasn't his ten catches what he was trying to do after the catch, large.
Speaker 5: Change they were because they would double team almost every time, so they may I don't know how the adjustment they made, but instead of going into the teeth of it, they seem to just hook him up to where he can get a chance to make make a play or make the catch and make a play afterwards, which is exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Cool, we'll continue that thought when we return. And I did confirm the sack was on the give up play at the end. Yes, they created the Duran Pain with a sack on the with the less than two minutes left in the game for Rush was just killing clock, all right, more mix shots in a moment.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 4: You wincot slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official.
Speaker 5: Fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 7: Want to stay at.
Speaker 5: The team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es.
Speaker 7: And o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 11: Today, Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Team America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: De vict shuts.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named You're a twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: All right, we continue final segment here of Mixed Shines on a victory Monday. After a big Cowboys win in Washington, Mickey is studying the play by play of the game or something else he wants to cite that happened in the game.
Speaker 3: They credited Clark and Vigil for that tax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was special teams assisted tackles.
Speaker 3: It was kind of It was kind of scary though because it was It was because he didn't see it. He came on.
Speaker 5: Is that because he seemed like it just he hit a wall and he went down immediately immediately.
Speaker 3: Nine seconds to play. I'm surprised I didn't review that play by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was well, they thought they did. During the the ball I.
Speaker 7: Thought, oh yeah, they came out with it.
Speaker 4: It was such a long delay that I'm sure, the replay assist looked at it and they decided against it, I guess. But because it was the final second, so it was under Yeah, but you can challenge or anything, so them.
Speaker 3: To throw a hell Mary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so they must have. They must have decided it was inconclusive when the ball had come out and when he was down or something. I don't know, but all right, anything else that you would this is weird.
Speaker 3: So on the on the hail Mary interception by Mukuamu, they got in parentheses here.
Speaker 7: Oh I know.
Speaker 3: They gave him a pressure o'diggy zooa knocked the hell out of Daniels. They rushed, Yeah, they didn't like just send three guys. They were like, we're coming after you.
Speaker 7: By the way.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Odiga Zua, seventy defensive snaps yesterday and he was in on sixty four of them, sixty four snaps.
Speaker 3: And that's two games in a row.
Speaker 4: Fifty seven. He was fifty seven of the sixty four snaps Monday night and then sixty four of the seventy snaps. Goldston was on in on sixty one snaps on Monday night and fifty six snaps this game. When you look at players that this team can least afford to lose, as thin as they are at defensive tackle. Osa would be.
Speaker 3: One that, Wow, he always has, he always did.
Speaker 4: Mozzi had thirty four snaps, Limbelle Joseph had four snaps, and Carlos Watkins had six.
Speaker 3: They've basically given up on those guys.
Speaker 4: Marshaw Neeland had nineteen snaps. So it was good to getting him back, Yes, but especially Osa. I mean what he means to where this team is right now, Well, you cannot lose him.
Speaker 7: He was just in the way, all right.
Speaker 5: Just you love that you went to defensive tackle on those going to be in the way, all.
Speaker 4: Right, and they don't have anybody to put in there, no that can make anywhere near the impact.
Speaker 3: And they finally shedded Jordan Phillips who was doing nothing. See, they took chances on all these marginal veteran guys and really got nothing on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was kind of excited when they signed those two guys this offseason.
Speaker 4: Their names, I'm like, oh, okay, here we go and well and the other part of that it was they did. It wasn't in the off season. It was during training camp before they acquired them, and it was like that was the strategy going in, We're not paying high dollar during unrestricted and we're not. And the other part of it is the compensatory picks that they get for not signing guys an unrestricted free agency for next year's draft. That's why they waited until that was up before signing Zeke Okay. And then Kendricks was not an unrestricted free agent. He was a loan other free veteran free agent that they signed, So they waited until all that passed, and they waited basically until training camp to acquire those guys. And I think McCarthy talked about it that he wants to have his guys in here throughout the whole off season program. But that's where this team was. That's where this team was this off season where they decided to go that route instead and give a shot to the young guys. And there weren't young guys.
Speaker 3: So two to nine Giants. Next, we'll talk about.
Speaker 4: A Giants team that Malink Neighbors was saying some things after the game yesterday and then they did not show up for their game against Tampa Bay yesterday basically, and it was Tommy Devido at quarterback but it was like the front office and a message last week that when they released Daniel Jones, and the team sent a message back yesterday. So it's going to be very interesting to see what kind of team shows up on Thursday.
Speaker 3: And did I hear they? What was the score?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Thirty something?
Speaker 4: Thirty to seven was the final score?
Speaker 3: The touchdown right at the end?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Tampa Bay was up thirty so they were.
Speaker 3: Getting shut out. Yeah, and you know, Tommy the.
Speaker 5: Second fans look at that as an insult, right you, I would rather you not score.
Speaker 4: Well, there was some question on DeVito too, he entered his shoulder, but apparently Brian Able today said that he believes that the Vito will be able to go on Thursday, although he hadn't talked to the training sor where's Taylor when you need him?
Speaker 3: They got Drew Locke what more than they need?
Speaker 4: And they signed Tim Boyle also they signed last week to the practice squad when they and then they let Daniel Jones go. And by the way, Waivers is up on him at three o'clock today, so he's going to pick him up, won't They won't pick him up, and they won't pick him up off waivers sign in San Francisco. I predict San Francisco is that team that will.
Speaker 3: Because they wants to go a playoff team. Guys, just let you on them. They start did Allen San Francis.
Speaker 4: They started Brandon Allen because Brock parties. Let's go to Oh I got it, I got it, No one got it.
Speaker 3: But it's okay.
Speaker 4: San Francisco, by the way, just one game ahead of the Cowboys. Record wise, they're five and six and they play at Buffalo this week. So if Dallas beats the Giants and San Francisco lives the same record, they will have the same record five and seven.
Speaker 7: Seven teams. You just want to do badly.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, let me play this game with you.
Speaker 3: How about there's a report out there they're thinking about putting McCaffrey on IR.
Speaker 7: That's all that.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are only in the lost column, two games behind Washington.
Speaker 4: Have you looked at the schedule, Mickey, Yes, I have, could be could be five and seven on Thursday, I have. Then Cincinnati is here for a Monday night six and seven, then at Carolina seven and seven. Then Baker comes here for Christmas. The twenty second of December pull out that one. You're eight and seven and you've got Philadelphia to Washington last two games.
Speaker 3: Well, and Washington's got to play the Cowboys and Philadelphia the second time. Still, and somebody maybe I heard I turned on NFL radio when I was coming in. Somebody pointed out that right now, Washington's got the last uh wild cards if it ended today, and they pointed out the Cowboys were only two games behind them in Washington win or the lost.
Speaker 4: Comment, Yeah, they've got they still got a bi week left. Yeah, and so they are what seven and five now?
Speaker 3: Yes, the Cowboys are four and seven.
Speaker 4: Yes, and h they played Tennessee this week, but the Titans just beat the They went into Houston and beat the Texas.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then they are at the Saints and the Saints are resurgent now and then they got the Philly Atlanta and the Cowboys. They may not win another get no, I'm kidding. All right, that does it for mixed shots on a Monday. And natean Frisco just camp wait.
Speaker 3: Get it better, keeps hovering, pulled off on flexing that last game of the season.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right. Message to the NFL from Mickey Spagnola. All right, have a great rest of your victory Monday, and we will shout at you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 7: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.