Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of an Officer and a Trentleman. That is courtesy of Lacaroni on the Discord.
Speaker 2: I am Jack.
Speaker 1: That is Miles, and we are thrilled to be joined today. Bye, super producer on a hose that arrives up.
Speaker 3: H I have something for you guys, okay, from my Irish Blessings book. Wait, so this is how I'm going to start your show with an Irish blessing pretty self like Irish blessings.
Speaker 4: Okay, I please go on, go on, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Wishing you a rainbow for sunlight after showers, miles and miles of Irish smiles for golden happy hours, shamrocks at your doorway for luck and laughter two and a host of friends that never ends each day, your whole life through Wow. And that is from my John Legrand little Book of Irish Blessings.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, that's that's to be said the iding. I think it's like toasts, right, like don't they?
Speaker 3: I mean it is a blessing, not a toast. Is a toast not a blessing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: In Ireland, that's basically the closest you get to praying.
Speaker 3: I will actually read you a little from Marx, just joking a little, now, a little about Marxism.
Speaker 4: And now Engles did own a factory, but he's quite an actually intriguing figure in the Marxist study.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Anna, you're back. Good to see you. Every time we think of you. You're on a private jet. You're doing something really.
Speaker 3: Cool one private jet. If you continue to talk about that right after I talk about Marx, I will kill you.
Speaker 4: So you've been on a private jet. Your carbon footprint is out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm so sorry. It was work related.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know, but don't act like you were. You showed us and we were all like, lucky, lookie what.
Speaker 3: We texted you because we went on tour and narry a private jet and site Okay, Southwest, poor right South?
Speaker 4: Remember that one time I think you tried to hold a rollaway bag on your lap. I have a picture of you on a plane holding a rollaway bag for some reason, and we're like, yep.
Speaker 3: We're starting off the memory of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it was one of our first shows. Anyway, Hey, yeah, here we are.
Speaker 2: We're all back.
Speaker 1: And for listeners who are like, when's the daily guys going back on tour when we can afford a private jet. So you start subscribing your friends to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, getting that attitude?
Speaker 1: Come on, It's that the guy's child.
Speaker 4: Needs to get a little bit older and then we'll be able to to go. Maybe I'll just bring them on stage. It's like Khalid was bringing his kid around all the time.
Speaker 3: You hire a nanny, like a true bouzoasie.
Speaker 1: Have you seen?
Speaker 3: You know what I've really been up to marcism?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I can't pay anybody in weed anymore. The nineties came and went. But anyway, here.
Speaker 1: Anyway on the streaming corner. It's the streaming corner. It is the corner that you stand on and hold court and let us know what has been streaming through your world.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about any other trending news.
Speaker 4: No, we we we cleared the deck. We cleared the deck. We said, oh this is this is what we got.
Speaker 1: Germany legalized weed and uh we we're going to talk on tomorrow's episode about how Anna cinder back there we go.
Speaker 4: And then we talked about the convoy that got hit by the IDF and Gaza. That was don't you'll hear that on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, Germans just legalized weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on April Fool's Day.
Speaker 4: This mad illegal shit, mad illegal shit.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, that's not right, because people were acting like it was.
Speaker 1: Wait yeah, I think there was, like some some the nood rules went to effect on April first, and they're still fairly restrictive, limiting use to those over eighteen and you're only.
Speaker 2: Allowed I'm actually okay with that's a weird take.
Speaker 4: I trying to get high with my fifteen year old friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why that's written as over overly restrictive, but you're only allowed to possess fifty grams at one time at home and twenty five grams in public.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good amount of grams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just three grams short of announced weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not like oh man, and I'm gonna probably need twenty six grams.
Speaker 1: Probably need to read that thirtieth gram of weed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Germany is only the third country and.
Speaker 1: The EU to legalize weed. It's the biggest after Malta in Luxembourg.
Speaker 3: I'm out of my mind. What am I doing in Europe? Just like always three.
Speaker 4: I think it's decriminalized. I think that's the biggest difference in a lot of prices, And maybe it was in Germany prior to this, which is why, like, yeah, in a lot of places people are just smoking weed and hash like just like it's nothing, but mixing it with the tobacco all the time.
Speaker 2: Do we have to do that Europe Germany?
Speaker 4: Yes, they'd like to keep it pureer anyway, but yeah, No, we need a room to talk about the stream record. It's we need to get to the bottom of things to watch, things to see.
Speaker 1: The list as always impressive of the things you've been watching. So do you want to just like run through what you've been watching? H We'll stop you with questions and then we'll get into the places where we overlap.
Speaker 3: Sure, but before we even start that, I just want to talk to you guys a little about So I recently I watched this movie when I was in college, and I recently watched it again. I just saw I found that this movie was actually very relevant to the times. And I'll really get into like why I'm even in this headspace to begin with, but it has to do with streaming, not really, but it's just like I was watching something, which is all you need to know. Have you guys ever seen the movie Hunger by Steve McQueen.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I've talking about Black Steve McQueen, right, Yes, yes, no I've not seen it.
Speaker 3: So I watched this in college and I since i've watched it, so it's been about twelve fifteen, between twelve ten to fifteen years since i've watched. I don't know who you're gen Z.
Speaker 4: It's you're canonically gen Z, So yeah, I'm canonically Genozy that legally.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about anyway? So I want so I would always get flashbacks to this movie because there's some very now to give some context. It has Michael Fastbender.
Speaker 4: In it, right, and it's about the hunger strike in Iron It's about.
Speaker 3: The hunger strikes by like the Irish Republicans while they were imprisoned by you know, the occupying forces.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It's not the Dick one, Kate Middleton just joking.
Speaker 1: What, No, it's not the Dick one because there's another Steve McQueen one that's the Dick one with Michael Fassbender.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not the Dick one, right, Sorry, that's just what I need. Yeah, that's what I was just like a sex addict. Yes, I remember I put that screening on for my entire school to watch, for my entire college to watch Shame. And while I was watching it, I was like, am I going to get in trouble anyway? Whatever? I was in a big Steve McQueen face. In college.
Speaker 2: I was a film between queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, god.
Speaker 3: He's so good anyway. So Hunger great film. It really It shows the prisoners doing hunger strikes, you know, it shows them doing their They're also protesting by not showering, you know. There was like the no wash and they were just like covering themselves and their prison walls whatever with fecal matter. And it's a very it's a really well done movie and it really sticks with you. So recently I was like, let me turn this shit on again, as it was up. Jesus fucking Christ. It is so brutal, but I thought it was just so important because like now more than ever, it's like we live in such And also, let me just pre pre pre pre pre all of this is I've gotten really deep into sort of Irish literature and sort of the IRA and what the Republicans and the Irish were doing and sort of the occupation, and you know, I'm reading a lot of James Connelly and Sean Murray. I'm sick. Okay, I'm so deep in I'm sick. That's why have a book on Marxism sitting on my desk.
Speaker 4: Because I've gotten so Irish blessings.
Speaker 3: Next to Irish fleshings, because sometimes you have to mix the darkness with a little bit of joy, and so I have, like, I actually have several books on Irish blessing. So you just like call me when you need it, yeah, blessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everyone's looking at me. I'm supposed to give a toast right now.
Speaker 3: I just put you on speaker and you can call me and I will very quickly.
Speaker 4: Why is Jack on the phone for this eulogy? Yes, and for every day that there is a shadow, there's the promise of life.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've gotten into that.
Speaker 3: And you know, I just think there's so many correlations to what we're experiencing today to what the Irish art we're experiencing then, and I just think it's it's such important sort of history to understand because I I think like now now more than ever, no more than ever now human condition is irrelevant.
Speaker 1: And I needed to hear that because I truly I knew that Stephen Queen had two Michael Fassbender movies, and I had my impression of them had been overtaken by the Shame one. I knew there was the sex Attic one, so I did not know that there was one about the Irish hunger strikes.
Speaker 3: Well, so yeah, So I think I just really wanted to bring all this up to say, go watch the movie Hunger. Yes, And then I'm such a film professor of these days, and so we think about it in the context of what we're currently seeing in history and just to understand the pretense of solidarity and how it's not actually a real thing and everything's a facade and you know, we're all we're stuck in a time loop and there's you know, there's an absolute lack of empathy that we're seeing more than ever. Literally the other day when they killed aid workers because you know, why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, or according to them, they were like they we suspected there was Hamas in the car, and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, well, now, I don't know if you guys saw the video Netyaho put out where he's smirking while telling you it was an accident. It really just shows you that there is nothing authentic to look up to anymore, like there is nothing left. And I think the Irish really really tell yeah from day one, oh honey, this isn't it, And they don't care about you and they never will, and we'll be stuck in this forever, uh battle between good and evil, you know, the poor and the rich, for the rest of our lives, you know. Anyway, I just want to say all that time is a flat circle when it comes to power. We will constantly struggle over the same issues over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, over and over and over, over and over and over and over and over and over again. So let's talk about what's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we actually had to edited that She's head over and over no, no, no for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we just cut.
Speaker 1: We got the middle in the morning, all right, onto Love is Blind the first your streaming corner list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, sorry, I just really want to talk about that because it's been very press and in my mind and you know, ever since you guys fired me from this show for looking too tired. I haven't really spoken to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. This is the first time we've spoken.
Speaker 4: The first time we spoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you only appear let me get the cover.
Speaker 3: So they were like, oh, sorry, only trendings available, and I was like, oh, okay, I see what it is.
Speaker 4: Send a picture of how tired he looks. Sture.
Speaker 2: Wow, she looks kind of well arrested.
Speaker 3: She looks pretty alert, looks pretty alert. Handle Yeah, okay, okay, I can sense sarcast someone I hear. Right. Okay, So here's what I've been watching, and I'm gonna go. I'll list a bunch of shows just to give you guys a sense of what's out there, strictly my own interests I can. I want to really put that out there, so you guys be like, what about this, this, this, this don't give a ship.
Speaker 4: Indian Wells tennis matches.
Speaker 3: What about this NBA game I watched three weeks so long ago that No.
Speaker 4: I remember when you when you texted, You're like, dude's sucking be attack right now.
Speaker 3: There wants to be attack at the Indian Wells. Yeah, so anyway, but that was also just to give you a sense of the Tennis channel and Tennis TV do exist and you can watch tennis on those to stream tennis if you are interested in watching tennis matches. Because also another thing, we are in sort of the greatest, one of the great eras of tennis. It's been revived, you know, so long ago, during the Agacy, the Sampras, the MacEnroe's. We are now like in it's like I would say, it's like a new era, Like we have like a top four that's not like just Djokovic right anyway, exactly. So I'm watching Love Is Blind. If you guys saw the most recent season, I did, My god.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: What Have they changed anything about the overall because I watched the first season?
Speaker 3: Have they absolutely not?
Speaker 2: Straight?
Speaker 4: No notes, sloppy, sloppy people, some some real emotional fucking freaks. I gotta say, the back and forth that people were going through, who is the one the one dude who basically was in love with other? I mean it's every there's always a season where someone's basically there's always a dude.
Speaker 3: Who sees a girl that he goes like, damn, she's hot, I love her, and it's like she's not the one you are engaged to.
Speaker 4: I know, but I didn't see her though. It's like that was the point. You don't see them and you fall in love with what they're telling you as a person, Like, yeah, but I remember that she was in her bag. She's like, you will fucking choke on your breath when you see what when you.
Speaker 3: See she said, you'll need an EpiPen.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was that was wow. Kind of came for her. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she had a good at the end. She had a good sort of season at the end. I will say something about Love is Blind that I find really hilarious is if you ever watched the reunions of this show. It is hosted by Nick Lache and Vanessa La Shane. Now I'm sure you're like, who exactly? They are some of the worst hosts on television I've ever come across. Oh yeah, spend the entire reunion instead of asking questions that we actually want answers to, like hey, are you two actually still together? Like you know, sort of the basis of the show, they'll be like, well, we saw something on Twitter and we want you to answer to it, and it's like, why are you talking? You can ask questions about rumors, but why are you literally pulling up a tweet you Nick Lache saw and asking one of the people about it, like it's just so deep and professional.
Speaker 4: This you, well, it feels it's super petty because one of the moments on this reunion is there was this guy who was like talking a real good game, and it turned out he was on the low, like talking to his exbot like Yo, I'm about to say some shit. I don't want to be here. I'm trying to be with you, and they had all these receipts and they put they put this guy on the spot. So I was even like, this is being put on the fucking spot.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is actually bullying, which.
Speaker 2: They pack his phone or he was doing it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: A woman he was talking to shared it with like the producer shots of the text and they're like, oh this you fake ass, fake ass contest what you gotta say? And he there was like forty seconds. He didn't even say anything.
Speaker 3: He was just like because he was like uh uh and then he literally said go yeah he really so do I go.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, get your ass on out of here. Man.
Speaker 2: I was like, shit, are there?
Speaker 3: Like it was bad. It was really bad. And then on top of that, one of the they call out one of the girls who was on Instagram saying this show is for entertainment, and clearly you guys have been entertained because she was getting trolled a lot, and they go like, how dare you show so say this show is for And I'm like, bitch, this is a TV show on Netflix. You drop a season every twenty minutes. This is literally for entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you pump them full of alcohol. How dare you say this show is entertaining? We hired Nick Lee to host The Red everything we could to entertaining.
Speaker 3: How are you so hurt that someone said this is entertainment. I'm sorry, but I'm not sitting here being like if these couples don't last, love is over for me. Like it's so absurd to me. So anyway, that's love is blind. You know, I watched The Bachelor. The Bachelor finale recently aired, Joey ended up with his girl. I don't can I spoil it? Is it? Okay? If already happened, It already happened like last week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, just you know, here's your warning. Bachelor spoilers.
Speaker 3: Okay, say it like it's like not really important.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying because I feel like people who are who are in like, who are on it, they don't fuck around and miss the finale like wait a week later. That's what I'm saying. So if you're if you really care that much, beware. Okay, so you said Joey.
Speaker 3: Joey end up with Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I know you guys are probably like, no, no, what. But it had a good ending where it was leading up to like, what's gonna happen? This has never happened before. Turns out the other girl, Daisy, who had a cochlear implant. Wow, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Coke problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah no.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyway, so she self kind of eliminates at the end because she realizes last moment that it's not her and I think, and then her and the other girl, Kelsey, who were last, the two last women ride together to the rose ceremony ever been done before, and then she goes up and goes, look, I know it's not me, and he's like wow, and then the other girl walks up. Anyway, so that was sort of the surprise ending a little more lackluster than I was hoping it would.
Speaker 1: Be.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe like there was some like like a night fight, you know, but no, that would.
Speaker 1: Have been the historic event that we were waiting for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was gonna be like the Last Duel, you know, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of movies, what is that movie?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Last Duel?
Speaker 3: I thought you watched it?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: Did you an?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The ref?
Speaker 1: All right, we're through two items? Are you're streaming corner?
Speaker 3: I'll move over. Well, I did have to spend twenty minutes on the IRA.
Speaker 1: So we're going to take a quick break and we're gonna come right back.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm gonna speed through the rest of this because Jack claims he has something to do so and then you know, of course Abbot Elementary Great watch new seasons out watch it Drive to Survive all my f one fans, Wait.
Speaker 2: Was it good?
Speaker 4: Didn't I ask you about the new season? And you're like, whatever? Were you whatever about this season?
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to publicly comment poorly on it?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Authenticity is expensive.
Speaker 1: Another one of your shows, because I legit ask like when she brings something up, I'm like, oh, yeah, how was that?
Speaker 4: Because you're the person who even put me onto it in the beginning. That's why I came to you as my OG in this whole f one thing, and I was like what and okay, but.
Speaker 3: Yes, this past season was a little lackluster, but you know, you got still to know the history, so you have to watch it. Yeah, it's just there was They did a whole episode about two like mid fucking racers in a fight, and I was like, girls, this is a mid ass fight on top of them, the mid ass racers. Let's move it along. Whatever next season will be good because obviously we know Lewis jumps to Ferrari and that's our drama. And Total Wolf has a bunch of quotes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, because it'll be on this and it's about this current season that just ended right right, right, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, The Gentleman, which we will discuss in further detail, because the guys have watched that. That's the new Guy Ritchie Show on Netflix, mister and missus Smith. Great first season.
Speaker 2: Also we've watched.
Speaker 4: Are there multiple seasons? Are they going to be multiple seasons?
Speaker 3: I believe so, And I think every new season will be like an infat will be like a new and if you guys have watched the show, you'll understand this. Yeah, a new mister andstin Anyway one day on Netflix. Great sort of like sad romantic comedy TV show. It was based on a book A Beach read. All my ladies know it. So anyway, check that out. Kirby Enthusiasm the final season is airing. Also, if you really feel like it, check out the History of Kirby Enthusiasm podcast. Also on our radio. Uh the Regime on Max. Shit, you want to be triggered, check it out?
Speaker 2: What is just like?
Speaker 1: Give me the one sentence on the is that like she's a fascist?
Speaker 3: Basically?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah she is on airy one.
Speaker 3: Say the absolute least she is on one. Okay, moving on The Traders, Oh my god, cultural phenomenon The Traders. If you're not watching The Traders, let me tell you watch every single version of it like I did. I'm talking American, I'm talking UK, I'm talking Australian, I'm talking New Zealand, I'm talking Canada, because, let me tell you, incredible work on all fronts.
Speaker 4: That's the one that's hosted by Alan Cumming.
Speaker 3: Right, you don't know what The Traders is. I know Honestly, we don't even have time to get into.
Speaker 4: That's a whole other episode.
Speaker 3: This is humiliating. I can't even talk to himymore. Let's just move Jack sign off, zoom miles before Tokyo Vice look with canceled el Gore. Yeah, with counseled al Gore. Unfortunately, it does a really good.
Speaker 4: Job of actually speaking Japanese.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I wasn't gonna talk. He's sort of the least interesting part of the show I think about him. I just think the casting of the Japanese actors is great. The acting is great. El I don't even care about him. He's like the least interesting part of the show. I think they do a really good job of filming Tokyo. I think it's just like really well shot and beautifully done. Yeah, and it really you know, it's with the culture.
Speaker 1: So The Traders is a reality show that is basically Mafia the like Party Game or Werewolf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, copy and.
Speaker 3: It's really well done. Great television. Sure, Okay, what else? What else? What else? True? Detective Night Country, here's the thing, move, Move out of a place that's dark. Twenty four to seven. People are losing your minds yeah, move, you don't need to live there.
Speaker 1: An article around the time that was coming out being like, and these sorts of hallucinations that you see in the show. I watched like the first couple episodes, these sorts of hallucinations you see in the show, like do actually happen to people who live there?
Speaker 2: Like at that time, I believe with that much night, Yeah, probably for you. Yeah, it's not good for you.
Speaker 4: Also, it turns out we need a little bit of sunlight. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: People aren't happy. People are not happy in that show.
Speaker 4: Is it a thing I can sit down and blow through with her majesty and watch because we've like I'm trying to. I'm like, we got to watch the new one. It's like, I don't want to get all fucking freaked out and ship before bed and all that. But I'm like, it's freaky.
Speaker 3: I would watch it during the daylight.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, really, it's freaky.
Speaker 2: It's freaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's not right.
Speaker 4: Okay, good to know. Thank you for that warning. Not the best pre bed viewing. Okay, Okay, here's what I said.
Speaker 3: All those white people in the show. First of all, give the land back to the Native Americans from that area and move away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, move not.
Speaker 2: Built for it.
Speaker 4: You're just not built for night country turns out Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Okay, real quick, Masters of Air. That's an interesting watch. If you want to see all like the hot new young guys coming up like Austin Butler and Verry Carol again. Uh you want to see all those guys. It's cute. Uh do I do? I I think it's real.
Speaker 2: It's like Band of Brothers the universe.
Speaker 3: It's apparently happening at the same time.
Speaker 4: The Good War, as they say, the one time it was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah that you just said good in front of war. Okay, No, that's because that's how we we have this.
Speaker 4: We mythologized World War two in this way. It's like, and that's the one time is good. It's actually good for everyone.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: Adam bomb dropped on them.
Speaker 3: That's so disturbing. Okay. Feud Capoti versus the Swans. Look, if you want to see all your fucking ladies in one show, watch it. I will say. Capoti gets real annoying. Halfway through that show, let me tell you, I was like, Okay, bitch, I understand why they age. So anyway, I was alive, when Capoti was alive, it might there might be a day I had.
Speaker 4: One playing Truman in this one.
Speaker 3: The gays are trying to kill me. Tom is something, Tom.
Speaker 4: Something, Oh oh yes, but that Tom Hollander.
Speaker 3: Tom Hollander, the gaze of trying to kill it. The gay of the gays are trying to kill right.
Speaker 4: And for my ladies, Just so people understand, we're talking Naomi Watts, Diane Lane, Chloe seven Year, Calista Flockhart, Demi Moore, Molly Ring. Dude, I'm like Callista, I haven't heard I'm like, Calista, where you been?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Callista, where you've been?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I haven't heard from her in a minute.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's sort of that. That's that I was just saying, if I had a little too much to drink one night and I was alive at the same time as Capodia, might be like hands on site, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunately he didn't drink, so you would you would have.
Speaker 3: Been no, it would have been like I had the little too much to drink, Yeah, right, said something that I would like have snapped because.
Speaker 4: Really, Truman, it's smoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he really he says he says, anyway, whatever. If you guys know Capodi, you know that, like he's up to no good.
Speaker 4: If you know Truman, like we do.
Speaker 3: Okay? And then yes oh and then Shogun.
Speaker 4: Yeah is that first episode?
Speaker 3: I wanted to give a shout out because former guest Emily Yoshida, writer on it.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, good for.
Speaker 3: Staff writer wrote a lot of the shows. Zach really likes the show.
Speaker 4: She was in poker Face too, wasn't she Yeah? Doesn't she show up as like a podcaster?
Speaker 3: Like yes? Yeah, uh yeah. So let's talk about the Gentleman before Jack has to pretend you something.
Speaker 4: To do the Gentleman.
Speaker 3: This is what have you guys been watching? Sorry, watched I've seen also Real Quick Palm Royal, great show drawed Carmichael's reality show romy V Snooze special special more Feelings. And then also Brian Simpson, former guests of the show, dropped a special I think on Netflix and it's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Guy the Gentleman and Mister and Missus Smith are the two things.
Speaker 2: I mean. I'm only like a.
Speaker 1: Couple episodes under the Gentleman, but it's uh it's a blast. It's really like what I used to like about Guy Ritchie when he first started like snatch all that stuff. It's it just feels like he's like gone back to his roots by making a TV show for some reason. And I really like the guy from White Lotus who plays the lead, although he's like kind of like buckled down a little bit in this I guess only maybe only in the first couple episodes.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean by buckled down?
Speaker 1: He just seems like he's less of like he's more of a character in the White Lotus h season than in this one because he I guess, because he's the protagonist. He's like not giving as much, you know, but I'm only expressing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it gets he starts, he starts to change a bit, that's for sure. Okay, Yeah, I thought, Yeah, I mean, I I like think we were saying you'll hear in tomorrow's epso I was like, oh, yeah, a Guy Ritchie thing. I'm not immediately being like I ain't watching this, yeah, but I was. Again, it's like easy, it's like an easy watch.
Speaker 3: Wait, so can you kind of sort of break that down for me, Like, what are your thoughts on Guy Ritchie.
Speaker 4: I liked lock Stock and Snatch because I was like a teenager and I was like, this is cool and the soundtracks are awesome. It was like my whole thing. And then the Sherlock Holmes movies I was like whatever, Rock and Roller, I was like whatever, Like it just sort of became diminishing returns, I think for like the thing that I was into, which was I think really ultimately, I was just looking for British like interesting gangster shit is what I was like. That's that's where I held Guy Ritchie in high.
Speaker 3: Regard at that time. Yeah. Sure, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That's what I came back for for sure. And then oh but yeah it's interesting. Like so mister and missus Smith has been pretty divisive on the show. We've had people who have loved it. We've had people who have not liked it. I've had people who I know who love I have people who are like, it's not like a good spy movie. I'm like, it's not a it's not really a spy show per se. But I'm curious, like, what what is what for you? Anna? What was that your favorite part about that show? If there was, what was what? What? What kept you watching it and not being like this is so unrealized.
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny. It was nice to see Donald Glover and sort of that classic dark humor form. I thought there was some real like l O L moments Oh yeah, show like cackling.
Speaker 4: My favorite was when she threatened to pull the gun on that woman who wouldn't kept, wouldn't stop talking to them, like when they were.
Speaker 3: Or even like the really really like sicko other mister and miss couple, mister Smith couple, they were clearly out of their goddamn lines. Oh yeah, yeah, And I love that they just you know, end up in these like really really horrible situations and then just walk away like so deeply traumatized, but then have to compartmentalize it and move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole movie is like, or the whole show is like, what if real people were in this crazy like movie genre scenario like that, Like there's just a realism to the related emotional and romantic and all of that that Like, yeah, is that that's what's cool about it?
Speaker 3: What are you? What if you're like kind of a sociopath but you need a job.
Speaker 4: Right lonely and you're a little lonely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what you Yeah, you're your relationship with your parents is a little strange literally, so you can kind of disappear a little right right, right right, And it's it's I just think it's so well done, and you know, I think Maya Erskine is so good in it, and like, it's just I think it's a fun show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was curious about, like because the ending is so specific that I was like, oh, how is this is this this one thing? But that makes sense now that they're going to treat it as like because it sort of begins with sort of it feels like you're seeing the end of this the prior season to this first one sort of the way the show starts.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, exactly, And that's I think it's just it's I think it's a smart way to run a show, because it's like a Life of a Hired Assassin is never going to just be so like and season sixteen, you know, it's it's like a CBS show, you know.
Speaker 2: Right right, they figured it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pulled the rabbit out of the hat one more time, just like they would. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Do you think they are alive? Well you think happened at the end. Here's proof.
Speaker 1: I saw this shot, and I can tell based on this that what are people doing. That's like films and responses on on the internet is always like there were three they survived.
Speaker 4: Right right, right? Yeah, I don't know, there's five reasons whatever happens. Don't want to spoil it, but I think they're doing great capacity they're doing it.
Speaker 2: So The Gentleman.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was just looking back through Guy Ritchie's feature of filmography. I didn't realize he went lock Stock Snatch and right into Swept Away the Madonna movie.
Speaker 4: All right, because that's he's married. Makes sense.
Speaker 2: That was a that was a big swing.
Speaker 1: But he had the movie The Gentleman with Matthew McConaughey, which I didn't see. Do you know like how that cast maps onto this one?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: That's like Colin Ferrell and all them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did Matthew McConaughey play like the main like duke. That would be very strange if he was just like, yeah, man, my family left me. Uh you know that one.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit says an American expat tries itself as highly profitable marijuana empire in London at schemes and bribery on an attempt to steal his domain AUP. So they're kind of I think, maybe different perspective a bit I do.
Speaker 3: That's sort of the one thing I love about a Guy Richie movie is sort of like the schemes. Yeah, like big scheme energy and I love a scheme. I live for it almost.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, everyone loves the scheme.
Speaker 2: The scheme guys, that's what we're trying to brand. You.
Speaker 3: Please back off. I will say no. But gentlemen, I thought was good because yes, Theo James is good in it, but like, we really have to give our flowers?
Speaker 2: Is that what people say? Have to give our flowers too?
Speaker 3: To Daniel Ing's the brother who is an absolute making back in this show, Like he is just a gambling drug addict. I just nutcase. I gotta say, I think Guy Richie's really good at sort of spotting absolutely like it almost was like everyone he cast is someone he saw on another show playing someone who was losing their mind. So sort of like Leo James and White Lotus.
Speaker 4: Right, or when he was in the Time Traveler's Wife. Yeah, who THEO James was, the time Traveler and the time Traveler's wife.
Speaker 3: Oh, I never saw it. Yeah, I haven't even heard of this kid until I saw him in White Lotus. Yeah, and he's like he's a Divergent and I'm like, what's the diver Ye.
Speaker 2: I'm like, didn't that one gentleman? Diver gentleman? Yeah, the Universal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well shit. I did watch an interview on Twitter with THEO James, the girl from Divergent whose name Shyleene Woodley, and then Miles Teller. I watched an interview with the three of them where the sexual tension between the three of them was so crazy that I was like, everybody, They're like everything was and they're all like talking about each other. It was. It was weird. Anyway, you guys have probably seen it if you're as online as I am. But yeah, so I feel like a guy Ritchie really good. He'll spot someone who's like truly unhinged in a TV show and then be like, oh I got something for you. There we go, and let's like, I don't know if anyone saw I hate Susie on Max Holy shit. First of all, I mean, it's a it's a really good show. If you didn't see it, I recommend it. There's only two seasons. It's a quick watch. It starts stars Billy Piper of Diary of a Call Girl Fame. She's also really great, but he plays her husband, and his turn in that show is so deeply unhinged that it actually makes sense, it honestly might be in the same universe that he would then come in and play this brother character in The Gentleman, because.
Speaker 4: I think, Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: I think he nails it so hard that I am actually like, I don't know if that man as well.
Speaker 4: He he but he does. Like just him as a person, he comes off as a guy who, like you could see he could like snap at any moment, even though he looks kind of put together, Like that's just sort of without even playing a character. I'm like, he's selling that authentically, just even from still photos.
Speaker 3: And you know THEO James, just his face alone.
Speaker 4: Is selling it. Oh yeah, shout out THEO.
Speaker 1: All right, THEO shout out on a Jsani. Thank you so much for coming on. You now have your next year's worth of streaming things to watch stream on a where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you? All that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I always remember to forget the troubles that passed away, but never forget to remember the blessings that come each day.
Speaker 2: Ah, there it is done.
Speaker 3: It so I'm an a host Nier. You can find me at selling host ne on Instagram. My Twitter is now debunked, but yeah, you know, reach out if you have any thoughts on the IRA. I have a lot and I would love to talk to you about it.
Speaker 4: We have a few listeners in Ireland, are good, bad?
Speaker 3: Maybe so complicated about it?
Speaker 4: Set up a table at a college campus.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for us this afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye.