Speaker 1: I Am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's you. I Am all In again with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of I'm All In. This is not a town meeting with Tara. This is a Star's Hollow journal, and I am with my friend Carly Weiseel, who my dear friend who. I was like, you went to holidays, made here today? Do you want to do a podcast with me?
Speaker 2: Honestly, what would I want to do besides spending five hours on the Warner Brothers studio lot today? I was like, I can come home and extend my journey into.
Speaker 1: A one on one happily exactly.
Speaker 3: So we just kind of want to do this mini series. This is kind of to kick off the next week or so where all of us who are going to Stars, we'll do a little episode. I myself, I'm going right after the New year again. Carly's been there three times. I know Mark on our team is going, Scott's there every day, Susan's there a lot. So we're just popping in and for the people who can't be there, we kind of want to sprinkle a little stars Hollow cheer into their life, especially this episode daring on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: So I spell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I smell holiday snow.
Speaker 1: I smell holiday snow. So Carly, you've been three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been open for about five days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I have to start.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite thing you've seen so far on the lot?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. For me, it's always like walking around the gazebo is the thing that hits the most to me and I know it like it should be Luke's, it should be loraal Liz's house. And while those are magical moments, they are they're they're playing the perfect soundtrack, Like the music they were playing at this event is spot on, and just walking around you were like, oh I'm here like I'm in stars Hollow And when you layer in everything else, especially what they've added this year and now Scott being their daily it really feels like a Gilmore Girls theme park in the most brilliant of ways.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned walk the music around the gazebo.
Speaker 3: They have hired a town true Burdoor there all the time. This poor man was the day we were there, he was playing for hours and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like this, So I feel like what they've done is make Stars Hollow an actual place because the event this year is bigger than it's ever been before, which I'm sure you've covered in length over all of these but it really feels alive, not just because there's more people there, not just because there's more ground to cover. There's literally a woman that they are paying to knit. There's a woman sitting in front of a knitting store, Yes, sitting And I went with a friend who hasn't been before today and he's like, no, that's just a woman. She's just like sitting by herself doing a hobbit. And I was like, you don't understand. It's the same woman. It's the same moment. She's been here the whole time, Like that is her job is that she's sitting there knitting. And I just love that they have put these little characters into place to make it feel so ye that.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you ever talked to that woman who's nitting, she has many puns.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. All I know is that I talked to her today. I was wearing a Yale spotscher, I mean obviously, and she goes, did you go there? Which I was like, wait what because everyone starts hollow is wearing some sort of like chiltern yale something and I was so I'm honestly taking it was the highest compliment that this stranger knitting all day thought things was. She just read me and was like, oh, you're smart, and I was like, girling, no, but thank you.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's the glasses.
Speaker 2: It really is, it really is.
Speaker 3: I also need to mention that Carly recently binged Gilmore Girls. Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I extremely on the nose, watched it for the first time when I was pregnant, and then finished into once I had my child. Yeah, And I just don't know why I didn't cross paths with it earlier.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just didn't happen for me in a way. I'm kind of sad about. But I have since rewatched it twice or three times. I don't exactly know. But I love it and I love that I can physically visit the show. It's crazy what they've done.
Speaker 1: He jumps on board at such a great time.
Speaker 2: Dude, you're telling me because we.
Speaker 3: As someone who watched it live, like, we didn't have that. I couldn't even rewind it. Oh my gosh, I have the box set on DVD, like I have all that and yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: I mean like I don't, I don't know if you saw this part yet, but did you find it wild that first of all, there's a Star's Hall of video, Yes, in my mind. But they're playing the old ads, like the commercials for the show, and it is such Oh, it's such a nostalgia rory curtain there. Yes, but you're like like when you see this screen play these ads, You're like, oh, yeah, like there was a time when you had to wait for a new episode. Yeah, it's really it's really something.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you were you able to do?
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 1: I know you're going back again? How many more times do.
Speaker 2: You do it? You don't let everyone know, damp. I'm going four times total, which I thought was a respectable amount for this year, get considering that I'm out of town for over half of its run. But I just last year I had such a blast that a bunch of my friends were like, take me next time, and so we couldn't align all the dates. So I got the wonderful gift to being able to go multiple times.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: I So I do feel like it's different day versus night. I've only done day so far.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, finally, you haven't done it at night.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it at night.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we when we did our big event that Matt, Dukeree and everyone came out. We lit up the Christmas tree, which I believe it happens at five point thirty every day, and it literally like the projections on like everything you hear Laurelize Boys, Lauren Graham, just the the ambiance is so different. Like I remember we went to like Laurelize house at night and then we walked. It was just like the way it's lit up and the gazebo lit up is just so special and spoiler alert, it snows.
Speaker 2: Isn't it perfect?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I So I went the last night last year. I basically went, I must have gone twice last year when they did this, and my friend Julie and I who you also know, we were like, we gotta go back. We were like fully on the TV show Loss being like we got we must go back, we must come back. We let's go back. And so I stalked the Warner Brothers studio to Hollywood website for hours or hours to get tickets, and they finally opened in the middle of the day for the last wow and we snuck in there. I mean we paid for tickets. We just like got in there and we were able to just walk around and enjoy it at night and at night. Like if it feels like stars hollow during the day, at night, it is something else. And I love that it's an attraction of its own, even if you don't go in anything, just walking around.
Speaker 1: Walking around.
Speaker 3: Did you get to try any of the food, the coffee anything?
Speaker 2: I did the coffee, Okay, let's talk about.
Speaker 3: Through or which one, because I've saw people walking around you guys, people are walking around around with jugs.
Speaker 2: Of coffee, ma'am. The Terminus bucket. They were selling it by the bucket. She's thirty two ounces. A bit of data I did not want to know.
Speaker 1: You're like, can I drink it all?
Speaker 2: As you can tell, I finished my bucket today and I will be up all night and it's uh, it's fantastic. Like I've been walking around holding this bucket talking to employees who work here who are like, please keep it moving, just being like, why does nobody else sell buckets? Starbucks needs bucket, Theme parks need bucket, Like it is the perfect vessel to just carry a coffee around. And I listen, I know we're in Scott Patterson's house, and I would never say an ill word about a coffee, but you need to understand, this is incredible coffee. This is incredible coffee. And I didn't know him, and I didn't know he was an actor and he was just some sort of like coffee bean king. I would believe you because the coffee is so good. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm try it.
Speaker 2: I've had, okay, the candy Cane coffee which they have at Weston's Bakery as part of this. I've had it twice. It's fantastic and it's not like a syrup. Everyone on TikTok line to me because I got and I was like, I didn't think it was a syrup. It's just like a special blend. You can buy all the beans there and it's like a pepperminty coffee and it's so good. But the cold brew in the bucket, I'm not even usually a cold grew person. It is so smooth, like the thing. Everyone keep as you can till I've talked to everybody about this coffee bucket. Everybody who I encounter keeps being like I usually am not sold on cold brew, but this wasn't bitter at all. Today someone working at Luke's again, well, I've really been talking to everyone. Maybe I am like the town trooper door. They were like, I had the oh at the talk fast blend. I believe that's like the two times caffeine blend. And they were saying they had that, and they're like, I thought it would be bitter. Wasn't bitter at all. The coffee is so smooth, so you can drink a bucket of it, and let me tell you, I recommend that you do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I when we first walked around a lot, I saw people walking around with these buckets and I thought it was souvenirs, like I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: And then I look close and I'm like, oh my god, it's coffee. And then I saw there's so much.
Speaker 3: And then there's also one in Wessins that's a light up bucket. Ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been told to buy it. I'm trying to restrict myself. I only bought a few Superhm.
Speaker 3: I almost bought it, but I stopped myself because I'm like, what am I gonna need this buget in my house for?
Speaker 1: But now I'm regretting it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know. I listen. I spilled a can of Seltzer all over my Stars Hollow Luke Steiner's notepad last night, and I'm like, well, I'm just gonna have to buy more.
Speaker 4: Are you a Gilmore Girls fan looking for the perfect holiday gift? Well, we smell Snow. Come behind the scenes the Stars Hollow, Luke himself, Scott Patterson, interviews Matt Zuker who played Logan, Emily Carota who played Missus Cam, and so many more. You'll see everything the Diner, Miss Patty's, the Dragon Fly In and Laurelize House, the Jeep, the Snow, the Gazebo, and Al's Pancake World. I Am All In event is streaming starting December twenty second at five p Pacific time for nineteen ninety nine and with your purchase you can rewatch for seven days after the event. For tickets, visit beeps dot Events slash I Am All In and you can watch all the Stars Hollow Magic from our December eighteenth event. Beeps Dot Events Slash I am all in.
Speaker 1: By the ways. Luke'sa has pancakes this year.
Speaker 2: I know I saw that I had just eaten before, so I didn't.
Speaker 1: Get them, but I don't you, I know, there's so much.
Speaker 3: There's also I remember walking in, well, you weren't there at night yet this year, but they do Friday night dinner and we walked in and there was some We're like, what did you order? Because they were waiting they had glass of wine, Like, oh, we ordered like I think they said like pot roast or something like you could have a full meal.
Speaker 1: I know two people.
Speaker 3: Who did the the high Tea at the Dragonfly in Yeah, there is so much.
Speaker 1: I actually, so, now did you do?
Speaker 3: You did the full studio tour and then you get dropped off, right?
Speaker 2: I have done both versions now. So I've done the version where you have a Star's Hollow exclusive ticket and you just go straight to stars Hollow, and I've done I've done the studio tour many times. As you can tell, I am a big fan of Warner Brothers Studios or Hollywood. I did an episode on my podcast Very Amusing where I did every studio tour in LA and ranked them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one was ranked number one. And the fact that, like I think we're not talking enough about how this is included for free, Like this is you buy a regular ticket and then at the end you get this multi hour reductivity you get to do. It's really again, I love the Studio tour.
Speaker 3: In previous years you had to do the store the studio tour, like there wasn't a ticket just to the event. So I know this year they did a ticketed event that which I'm doing as well. I've done the tour many times myself. Honestly, if you have the chance to do the tour, it's amazing. Like there's I feel like I've seen so many different things. Like back in the day it was like pretty little wires set.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, I've done yes, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I've walked oh my god, there was a show that's airing and I'm lanking on the name, but like I got to walk on the set and it was dressed up, but there was no one filming that day. There's so much to see the prop department.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what I saw today? I saw the Spirit Tunnel from the Jennifer Hudson show. Oh tunnel where like the whole staff comes like the song. I saw the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I know, I was really excited about it. I didn't realize that show shot on the old building where Ellen was Ellen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did know that.
Speaker 3: I actually because I've been to Ellen many times when she had her show.
Speaker 1: So that's so cool.
Speaker 2: I know I saw the spirit Tundle.
Speaker 3: Well real quick, you were talking about your podcast and we don't want to like leave without you pimping it out.
Speaker 2: Oh please? Well, anyway, I ranked I covered theme parks for the most part. To me, this is such an exciting temporary kind of like limited time with theme park in a way that I have just become fully obsessed about it. I have done. I think I've done one full episode on it at this point, but I love it so much. But on that on my podcast, I ranked all the studio tours, and this one with out stars Hollow ranked at the top. So just imagine adding something like this, Are.
Speaker 1: We gonna get a stars Hollow episodes soon?
Speaker 2: I am there is one coming out this week where I am like answering questions and just talking about it as much as possible. I truly feel like I lost my voice recently in case you can't tell, And I'm just like in Stars Hollow going wow, and I feel like it's just tanked it because I'm too excited. I can't help myself.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you feel like was missing?
Speaker 3: Because I don't know if there is anything missing from the Stars Hollow this year.
Speaker 1: Like I was thinking about it, and I'm like, everything's here, so like.
Speaker 2: I you know, what's I was actually thinking about this earlier and then I saw I saw a young gentleman at the market working in front, and he was replacing plastic fruit and the display of plastic fruit, and so it was real produce being bought. And the thought I had in my head when I saw him was, Yep, we've done it all, Like we're good. We're good, Like we have fake grocery employeees placing the shelves with fake food like they've done everything they can do.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because on the podcast, so when Suzanne and I do our segment town Meeting, we pick apart the episodes in the sense of like, hey, did you see that background extra like fake eating in the back like we did Savage Yeah, all stuff, and half the time We're like, man, do you notice how fake that food? Or like, do you notice how like shiny that fruit was? Outside of Dosy's Like little things like that. So it's really funny you mentioned that because it's not real.
Speaker 2: No, and then he was like walking around the street with like like as though he was like moving produce.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just perfect. It was all of it was just perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish, you know.
Speaker 3: The one thing I wish is there was more to lauralized house. And I don't know what that would entail because for people who haven't been or maybe haven't gone yet. So you can wait in this very long line to take a picture in front of a lorealized house and then you walk in and you go to the right and it's Rory's room, and then it's the living room, and then it's just a store.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Because there's not much more left to the lorealized house, but like I wanted like something in it. And maybe that's just selfish of me, of like there's actually know what I would love to see Richard at Emily's house.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, I do feel like I mean, clearly, this is a proven concept at this point because this year is like the biggest and best it's ever been. Yeah, I do feel like the next logical step is to hook it onto one of the sound stages and have people walk the actual sets. Like I think that's the next logical progression of this event.
Speaker 1: For well, this is the twenty fifth anniversary. It's like, what can they do by year thirty?
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh my god, oh my god. Every tour tram just becomes a jeep immediately, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: A jeep.
Speaker 1: That's the way. That's genius.
Speaker 2: And then every time a deer hits you, just like every single time.
Speaker 3: The one thing I want to try that I didn't get to go to is the speak easy this time.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Actually I haven't done that either.
Speaker 1: I've heard the drinks are strong.
Speaker 2: I I am so focused on this's Scottie Peas coffee.
Speaker 1: Like I need a cocktail. I did.
Speaker 2: I mean, we texted, you know, but I did get to talk to him a little bit today at the event and I was like, dude, the coffee is so good. He was like, I know, like we were just like like really just ragging on the cop It's just really it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yea, it's so good.
Speaker 2: In case you can't tell, I had a bucket of it today. It's just wonderful and I just love that that he's showing up every day for this. Yes, Like I can't imagine a world where like you grow up with a show and then your favorite character from it makes time to see you on a themed backlot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I say, like watching Scott like interact with fans is just so special because first of all, he's he's in full Luke attire.
Speaker 1: Everyone he is.
Speaker 3: He's wearing the hat, the flannel every single day. I remember when he texted and told us he's gonna be there every we were all like every day, Like we kind of were like, is that like like hypothetically He's like, no, I'm there every day.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 3: He's taking time away from the holidays from his family. I mean actually I think his wife and son are have been there a lot with him.
Speaker 1: That's so sad. You know, he's not taking a vacation.
Speaker 3: He's doing this, but it's because he genuinely loves it. And like you said, it's so rare to see like one of your shows you grew up loving that someone is just like from the cast, is there every week like it's so cool.
Speaker 2: It's I've I mean, I've been covering themed entertainment for almost eleven years now, and I have never experienced anything like this. There's never been anything where you were on the actual set of the show that has been completely dressed and prompt to look like it beyond even what they did for filming, because everything's done at the same time. And then now you have multiple stars of the show coming out just to like talk to you as their characters. It's really it's like a mercive theater. It's bonkers.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Well, thank you for joining me today. It was so last night I was like, Carly want to jump on. She was like texting me that she was at Star's Hollow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I literally got home ten minutes before this.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I in case you can't tell. I just think it's such a special thing that again, I've never seen anything like this happened before. And I love it so much and I'm so I'm so glad that so many people are loving it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if you ever want to come back on the podcast, uh, doors always open to just come.
Speaker 1: This is what we do. We just sit in chat.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, any any excuse to come on and yap about a girls?
Speaker 3: Can you randomly buy a ticket to Holidays made here like next week, even though I know you're going out of town. But if you randomly buy a ticket, you're like, hey, I want to talk about it. You just let us know and we'll bring you on the stars Hollow Journal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If I bought a ticket for every day, I could possibly go to it. But I mean, I'm happy to talk about the last night after the last night.
Speaker 1: We'll bring you back with last night. Why not?
Speaker 3: I'd love to All Right, Well, everyone, there's still tickets available, and like Carly said, sometimes you can just stock the Warner Brother's to our website, yes, and refresh and find a ticket if you can't go, and if not, you can get our live stream that's available now.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Thank you so much for having me on the pod.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, and we'll see you next time. Thank you, byet
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.