Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, here you are in our own little haunted house. Here in the s WBC podcast studio, Happy Halloween is Everson Walls tries to get his mic Court out of the spider web that has been weaved in the studio today.
Speaker 4: We were there they did and uh, it's not just actually sticky.
Speaker 1: The spider webs. Uh huh. And I'm eating my candy corn. See how many candy corns I can eat during forty five minutes?
Speaker 3: Can you pass me shots? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Let's see if you've got hands.
Speaker 3: Oh, Vicky doesn't have an arms. Nothing in this one that's.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: It is a Thursday Galloween Skittles inside the SBbc podcast studio with football players on a football field, and we have full attendance and we're getting ready for the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Not only are there football players on the football field, there's a deep snapper a holder.
Speaker 1: And a kicker.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Jury, he's back, is it in?
Speaker 6: I didn't see what.
Speaker 1: It was done with.
Speaker 6: As long as we know he's done, he's ready to play, ready to kick for practice.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay about time?
Speaker 3: Is that the first? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I don't remember somebody missing for jury before.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. You know.
Speaker 1: More interesting is that he missed baby duty than my wife would say. You're deferring. You're not taking your day off the only day that I get any relief from our new baby.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You're not going to jury. The babies at least what two months old? It was August? So all right, you got lots to get to on this edition of Mixed Shots. Do we start with the text exchange was last night?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yes, man, Yes, let's go.
Speaker 1: Here's the reason the Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series last night. Okay, let me find it?
Speaker 3: Where is it? On?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 3: There it is? I got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Everson? Uh, there we go. Was precisely when shoh Otani was batting for the Dodgers against Garrett Cole, and Everson texted us saying Cole is dealing with three exclamation points when he was.
Speaker 3: And he was after the old time that he got him.
Speaker 9: First of all, the way he struck him out with a breaking, breaking ball, right curveball, I mean beautiful curveball because you can tell, you know, Seaney loves fastballs. And he faded to him, faded to him, faded to him. Next thing you know, he dropped it out on them, down to the bottom. Okay, then so then would two outs?
Speaker 6: That was the basic one, struck out the next guy.
Speaker 1: Basis are loaded, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically yeah?
Speaker 4: And then uh oh wow, Well that's because it was the third Roddy Freeman got a hit and then uh to Oscar Hernandez and five nothing Yankees lead.
Speaker 1: It had nothing to do with any errors that the Yankees committed. It was a text from Everson Walls saying Cole is dealing. It was the kiss of death for the Yankee and before you knew it, it was a five to five game.
Speaker 3: And then well there's a oh, and then there's a wow. Yeah, there was an oh and wow, and then.
Speaker 1: I texted bad text exposed right, Vicky said wow, and I said, I can't wait to talk about this tomorrow. Don't be calling him sick ever, not this time.
Speaker 6: You don't see an inning like that in the Little League World Series.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 9: They said, that's probably the worst defensive inning in the history of the wild Sees.
Speaker 6: I mean, Judge drops the.
Speaker 3: Yankees, especially the Yankees.
Speaker 6: Will drops a can of corn.
Speaker 3: Man after he had just made stop build Yeah, can we finish it?
Speaker 6: After he makes a game, maybe a whole run saving catch at the wall, almost knocks himself the whole hit a home run, and.
Speaker 3: He hit the home run. This is his coming out party for the worst.
Speaker 6: And then he casually looks at the guy on the base and drops a fly ball. The next batter hits a ground ball. The worst the guy at third base, and he throws a bad throw.
Speaker 9: And because he was intimidated by the speed. But the worst that's what pressure does. The worst was the ground.
Speaker 1: Know what he covered he didn't cover.
Speaker 6: He thought I was going to come in because he could have come in.
Speaker 3: Easy roller, but he waited for it.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm sure he kind of wanted to give the picture, you know, his love like you get miss Flowers. Hey man, you can take this one, and that you could see him tapping this, you know, tapping the bag, catching the ball.
Speaker 3: And he just I don't know who said it looked for car.
Speaker 9: You finished off the inning with your catch, but you know, now you got it goes.
Speaker 6: No, what he's covered her face?
Speaker 3: That's another run, right?
Speaker 6: No, that that was the first run. Then they got the hits to tie it up.
Speaker 1: Man, who's the catcher's interference in that inning too? Or is that a later inning that was later?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, because was back up? Okay, yeah, because.
Speaker 6: It was okay, unbelievable.
Speaker 9: I couldn't hardly see that one at first. They have to show it to me. The third angle, the one.
Speaker 1: You can tell how much of a baseball guy ever since?
Speaker 9: Man, my dad loved you know, black man back in the day. Everything's Jackie Robinson. So you know, as much as I had to play football, I had to play baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I didn't play basketball growing up. I had to play baseball. And I had to use his glove of course. So yeah, yeah, he always Jackie Robinson glove. No, but he always brags about, uh, let's play too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now, but I was bragged about Ernie Banks. You know, he's from the Dallasalla downtown. Come back, you know, the old school baseball players. They come back home and they used to play softball. Ernie Banks.
Speaker 1: I played high school basketball against Ernie Bank's nephew, Bobby Johnson.
Speaker 9: Wow, yeah, I don't know, yeah yeah, so yeah. He always loved baseball and I always got into it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Come on, you remember those Reggie Jackson days, the Oakland A's days. Man, then the Yankees and Reggie and and Billie Martin and.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, That's why I didn't take anybody else watch baseball, baseball.
Speaker 3: And that's why, by the way, you know what's funny.
Speaker 9: I remember the White White Sox really battling back in the seventies, and.
Speaker 3: They couldn't get past get past anybody. That's it. That's what I remember about the White Sox.
Speaker 1: So that's over with, and now we turn our attention to Sunday in Atlanta. Yes, and what's your take?
Speaker 6: Start with Star Boys. Let's start with injury report that didn't change Micah Parsons as Mike Plan.
Speaker 1: No, he's alreadyritten ruled out by Mickey Yes, Duran Bland, No.
Speaker 9: You have to look at you have to listen to one, O, five, three, and then you've gotten down all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you're listening to me, you get briefed on brief report on one O five everything you know where he's going with all this takes.
Speaker 6: And then uh, Trayvon Diggs is a we'll see, but I think you'll see. And then Zach he wasn't sure of at this.
Speaker 1: Point really, and it's a shoulder for Zach Martin. Yeah he's back before.
Speaker 6: Through it, but he's getting beat up.
Speaker 1: I made him on the We Take to Mike McCarthy show, and I didn't expect we don't ever talk about injuries. Obviously, he's not going to reveal anything. I was gonna say his favorite subject either way. But the final segment of the show, I have it like an unsung star of the week whatever. And I made my unsung star Zach Martin, just just based on knowing his injury situation. And that was basically the reason for it, was playing through injuries and stuff. By the way, this will be the one hundred if he's able to play on Sunday, it'll be the one hundred and sixtieth game of his career on Sunday.
Speaker 6: You count him up.
Speaker 1: I read it somewhere Football Reference at it.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 6: So now it looks like with Bland not playing, oh R going uninjured reserve that Kayln Carson said he's ready to go, and I've heard he's ready to go, so you're going to have him back starting I think at cornerback on the outside.
Speaker 1: And they're in a nickel versus three wide receiver set all the time.
Speaker 6: Basically man is not only that, but with Kyle Pitts, you better have another safety out there that can cover because they use him obviously.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit.
Speaker 9: Like you said, a safety that can cover, right, So that's something that we need to be aware of, someone that can cover, because I don't want to see another tight end running all the way across the field and as you said this morning, clearing the zone, running all the way across the field, clearing the zone. And that's what was happening last week.
Speaker 6: When't you have that much time, right, it doesn't matter much time if you're in man because the guy can't cover that.
Speaker 3: Law, yes he can.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't see anybody that when you line up on the right side in the slot and you catch the ball on the left sideline, it's a tight end right right, not getting a corner, but they yeah, he clears the zone because you using one of those linebackers if not both of them to try to create a pass rush that they absolutely couldnot do. And if you give Cousins, who, by the way, was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Tampa Bay twenty three of twenty nine, two seventy six and four touchdowns four.
Speaker 1: That means he's due to have a bad week this week.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, is that what your status sheet shows?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they say in the NFL. More you win the closest losing, that's to truth.
Speaker 6: But they have and they they won four out.
Speaker 1: Of the last five games.
Speaker 3: But you know who they've beaten, right, I do, and I can.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got in front of you New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Two and six, Tampa Bay in overtime, four and four, great game, Carolina one in seven, Tampa Bay four and four. They've already played Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: Twice and in between against Seattle they got blown out at home two weeks ago thirty four to fourteen.
Speaker 6: Okay, and the other loss Kansas City seven and zero. The other loss Pittsburgh six and two. So does this sound a little bit familiar about what we've seen run.
Speaker 1: Through the Cowboys? They've new Orleans is now two and.
Speaker 6: The only one, the only loss of the four is too bad.
Speaker 3: One is New.
Speaker 1: Orleans two, which was like the hottest team in the league. Got it because they played Carolina the first week a second and so.
Speaker 6: They was second line and all of the other teams the Cowboys have lost to.
Speaker 3: The second line.
Speaker 9: Is the little dance, Yeah, they did a little second line. They did that all in our dog Gonne lobby of the stadium last time we played them, and they partied party party, and that's the last party they've had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, done jack since.
Speaker 6: So the other three losses are teams that are in first place.
Speaker 1: In the team. Three that were also in conference championship games last year. Yeah, Baltimore, Detroit, and San Francisco. So that puts it gives you a little more perspective.
Speaker 6: And we could say, you know, San Francisco came in three and four, so it was a team like yourself, but it really wasn't a team like yourself. They were from a personnel standpoint, better than the Cowboys, and it barely barely, as it turned out. And it was on the road. Oh, they're going on the road again against a team sort of like themselves. Fronts beat teams they probably should have beaten and lost to the teams that they should have lost.
Speaker 1: One thing interesting talking with Mike McCarthy today, I did cite the fact that in the first half of the game, talking about the improvement in the run game, the sixty five yard eleven play drive, that their Cowboys had seven runs and four pass plays on that drive, and it looked like fact. And as a matter of fact, I said, a matter of fact, in the third quarter, at one point in the third quarter, Zeke had was at seven carries for thirty five yards, averaging five yards of carry, and McCarthy said, yeah, we got sideways in the third quarter. He was talking about we were talking about the run game, and so I think he understands that they needed to run the football.
Speaker 9: More in the third court and stop making so many mistakes in all the facets of the game.
Speaker 3: Third quarter all over.
Speaker 6: Again, twenty one to nothing. So now they're going up against a quarterback that they know where he should be in the pocket. Right, I just stumbled on this, But he's been forced to run Cousins fourteen times, he's got eight yards.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, he's supposed to ask us the guest, and I want you were listening, right, com I gotta be useful around this.
Speaker 6: So they kind of know where he's gonna be, right, And he's been pretty good all season.
Speaker 1: Longest quarterback house Dack run on the ball.
Speaker 6: He's not, oh you want his dad numbers not much better.
Speaker 3: I think we had those stats yesterday.
Speaker 6: We did actors run ten times for twenty four yards.
Speaker 1: And Cousins is what fourteen for eight? Okay, so your quarterbacks run better than their cowboys.
Speaker 6: Have a better run game than right, except the cowboy don't have Robinson, right Bjon Bjeon And as we pointed out yesterday, alchier I added it up that two of them have gone for eight hundred and ninety eight yards in eight games.
Speaker 1: Yep, so almost half a season for them.
Speaker 6: You better better pay attention to those dudes. And they got a tight end that you got to cover, which we mentioned. And the receivers aren't all that bad, right, London's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, London is going to be a problem.
Speaker 9: Drake London has a nice big target and he's tough too, big, big tough kid.
Speaker 1: You know what the what the Falcons have done, Terry Fontino, their GM who took over four years ago. They've invested in weapons on offense and starting with Kyle Pitts, the fourth pick in the draft, continuing with Drake London, who I think was the eighth pick in the draft, and then Bjon Robinson who two years ago or last year was the eighth pick in the drug.
Speaker 6: So did I hear someone say that their offensive line they had three first round pick the offensive line.
Speaker 3: You got Jake.
Speaker 1: Matthews at left tackle, the first round draft pick.
Speaker 9: The Matthews. Yeah, yes, they got a whole family of big offense.
Speaker 1: He's from the Bruce Matthews.
Speaker 6: Right jeans, Buddy, right right.
Speaker 3: Big big jeans.
Speaker 1: Think how along the Matthews have been playing in.
Speaker 3: The NFL Houston Oilers. Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Bet you go back forty years for sure. Right, maybe I've approaching fifty years because one of the Matthews was.
Speaker 3: In the seventies. Yeah, I played with Clay with the we.
Speaker 6: Need to look at it to grandpa or somebody.
Speaker 9: And so Bruce was I thought bos was the first one. I mean that I thought Bruce was the guy boos.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's Bruce Matthews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, how old am I again, jeez, I.
Speaker 1: Have to look at it. I'll have to look up about the Matthew his family. But anyway, to answer your question, in Chris Linstrom was a first round pick in twenty nineteen, and Caleb McGary. He's the right guard and the right tackle. Caleb McGarry his first round pick also in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: I remember Lenstrom's did not practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came out of last week's game.
Speaker 6: He's got one snaps knees and.
Speaker 1: They should be in. McCarthy actually brought it up himself. He anticipates they'll get their center back this week Drew Dahlman, although he was he returned to practice this week. His twenty one day windows started and it was limited. He had an ankle high ankle spring and McCarthy is anticipating that he'll.
Speaker 6: Be back, unlike last week when he thought that they should have rested Debo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: The other guy on their offensive line who I really liked in the draft. I think the Cowboys did too, Matthew berger on Is was an early second round draft pick thirty eighth overall last year. He's their left guard. So their offensive line has done a good job and they've been healthy so why are they outside of the center going down?
Speaker 6: So that's why they're five and three. So with the exception of what New Orleans they've beaten, who they should have beaten, and.
Speaker 1: When they played New Orleans and something happened in the fourth week of the season, something happened in the Philadelphia New Orleans. What has happened to New Orleans? Is they you talk about injured New Orleans in Philadelphia?
Speaker 6: No, Philadelphia, when Tampa Bay, I mean when Atlanta beats at Philadelphia twenty two.
Speaker 1: To twenty one, second week of the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something happened they came. I can't remember. Okay, we'll have to go back, other than they scored one point.
Speaker 1: All right, we turn our attention to the Atlanta defense and some hope for the Cowboys offense when we come back on mix Shots in a moment.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 9: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rooking with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster Cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 6: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less fillings.
Speaker 1: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset. We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is, in fact, less filling taste, Great time, Rashine.
Speaker 2: Legal Guy, Celebrate Responsibility, Milwalkee Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands, three point your Gram's carvers for twelve bounces, fewer Cowson cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 1: Mixed shots.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Nation is time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Laney Wilson and a special guest performed during the Salvation Armies Annual Red Kellow Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need, So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants and Lanny Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 1: All Right, Mickey has gone out to check on practice.
Speaker 4: See what's going on out there on this Halloween edition.
Speaker 1: Oh hopefully he'll safely get back here inside the st BBC podcast studio because it is mix shots brought to you by Miller Lite.
Speaker 3: And what the heck can they be looking at this?
Speaker 1: I mean? And he knows that the break is like one minute, and.
Speaker 3: He knows my reading is going to be flawless?
Speaker 1: Can you how can he be distracted? Because I want to get to the Matthews family tree.
Speaker 3: Which is than you thought.
Speaker 1: Uh huh exactly. But I'm waiting on Mickey to be able to react. Mickey actually is old enough to may maybe have seen some of these Matthews.
Speaker 3: We found some Matthews. How far Matthews?
Speaker 1: All right, here's how far back to Matthews go? And Jake Matthews is the son of Bruce Matthews, the Hall of Fame offensive lineman for the Houston Oilers, and he's the nephew of Clay Matthews. Junior. Okay, his grandfather, I told you grandfather, So Clay Matthews, okay, old on. Bruce Matthews started playing with the Oilers in nineteen eighty three. His older brother, Clay Matthews Junior, began his career in nineteen seventy eight. So that's as far back as I had recalled that the Matthews went. So that would take us back nearly fifty years. We're talking forty six years. But Clay Matthews Senior also played in the NFL, drafted by the Los Angeles Rams in nineteen forty nine, and played for the San Francisco forty nine Ers from nineteen fifty to nineteen fifty five, still before my time.
Speaker 3: Showing the picture, and.
Speaker 1: All right, who does this look like? That's Clay Matthews Senior. He looks like Mike Ditka.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And uh And by the way.
Speaker 6: Who I saw play?
Speaker 1: Did you saw play? Matthew seniors didn't know?
Speaker 6: I told you I did about see the other guy.
Speaker 1: And then the great grand the great grandfather of Jake Matthews, did he blow up? HL ball started? He had a minor league baseball, minor league base minor league baseball career started in nineteen twelve. Okay, so it goes all the way back to the Titanic.
Speaker 3: Almost that's when they even the football back then.
Speaker 6: No, there wasn't so getting back to football with the Cowboys. You see the mic and branding Cooks are on the resistance courts. The kicker I told you was out there and oh here was the one that I left out. So I told you, Kaylin Carson was ready to go. And the reason he has to be ready to go is because they had to place Amanii on I R. You know what he's got, No, they said a back injury. He's got three fractured what do they call him? Three fractured trendverse process. So it's the bony part that comes off injury. Yes, it comes off your vertebrate. He fractured three of them. When that guy it happened got meat in the back and and I heard that. When the trainers saw how it happened, they were going, oh, this is not going to be good and it's not so yeah it was Tony Romo, they probably, Yeah, so that's why they placed him on injured reserve.
Speaker 3: I mean it seems more serious thing.
Speaker 6: We I mean you can't cast it right, It's got to kind of heal on its own. So I don't know if four weeks uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, started Romo's broadcasting right right, trying to because that's what the last one, the ultimate one in twenty sixteen in Seattle. Who was it that hitting defensive end for the Seahawks. Yeah, Cliff Averril.
Speaker 6: Very nice there you go. So yeah, so anyway, yeah, that that kind of put him, kind of put him out there. So and you know with I didn't see. I didn't have enough time to see if digs what he was doing. So next break, next right, see if he's out there. I was trying to find Zach. But they've their way on the other end of the field.
Speaker 1: So you see how many sacks the Falcons defense has this year?
Speaker 3: Eight? Like six?
Speaker 6: Okay, I was close that good?
Speaker 1: Six sacks in eight games.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe the Cowboys will have a lility to stand in the pocket and throw the.
Speaker 1: The leading sack artist on the team as one and a half sacks.
Speaker 9: I think is that just their style that they don't know would bring a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Because Matthew Judun's not getting to the quarterback, the guy that they acquired in August, and in fact, I was listening going behind enemy lines, listening to the flagship station for Atlanta Falcons Football whatever their call letters are, yesterday and they were interviewing Raheem Morris, and Raheem was he was coming right out and say, hey, he's not He hadn't played the way he needs to play.
Speaker 3: And Raheem don't play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, exactly what I thought when I was listening to him. Hey, we got him to sack the quarterback, and he needs to sack the quarterback. He could say all the other good stuff. He's doing a lot of other good stuff, but the reason we got him was to sack the quarterback. He needs to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 9: Well, I just got to say, after that whole Kidney thing with me and Ron John Gruden, he called me into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when he was there and Raheem.
Speaker 1: Was the dbast coach coach.
Speaker 9: I don't think he was a d C, but he was a DB's coach and I went there. They invited me to the camp to talk to the people, but I went into the dB meet room.
Speaker 3: I keep to leave. Was that's when he was a star of the team.
Speaker 9: And I remember watching and listening to Raheem on how he coached that team, that his group, just the defensive backs alone and just sit in there and just listen to them, listen to him talk about what their assignment was and what needs to be the thought process of this defense as a secondary. I had never heard anyone with that type of succinct approach to it. You know, sometimes words can make you visualize better in your mind on what the coach wants, and the way he used his words and articulated what he wanted from his secondary. I had never had that thought process go through my head before, and I will never forget how impressed I was was just how he coached the those players to be as good as they were, because, if I'm not mistaken, they had the other Barber ye, well, Ronda was there as well, And just being in that in that room, that defensive back room, it was impressive.
Speaker 3: You had some guys there.
Speaker 9: It was probably the best group of defensive backs you could be around at that time.
Speaker 3: Uh in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Well, if you look at Barber during those days, he's playing outside, they go to Nickel and he goes in inside to play the slot. I was just going to say, it looks like they're getting old. You got white hair, it's coming off your chin. But before we go, when I mentioned they didn't look for Digs, I wanted to tell people how fortunate we are to have Everson with us because he diagnosed the controversial play of Digs in the game on what he actually did. And when somebody finally asked Diggs what was going through his mind that maybe you do that before you throw the guy under the bus and get it right, he explained it.
Speaker 3: Just just the way I did. Yeah, I saw that. I saw that. I assure didn't.
Speaker 6: Want the guy to cut back on him. And then when I realized you got to go get him, then you go get them.
Speaker 3: And then that's when they exchanged the pleasantries.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, I don't exchange presidency. Somebody throws me under the bus and is wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well yeah he was. He chose the higher road.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he definitely chose Me's a better man than I.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we almost got off on that yesterday.
Speaker 1: By the way, he Morris, it's very interesting when you go back and you can see why he has been so successful and been a head coach candidate throughout his career. But based on what you're talking about, and in fact, you go back. He was with Tampa Bay first as a quality control coach in two thousand and two, promoted to assistant defensive backs coach, then becomes the defensive backs coach Undergruden, and then in two thousand and nine he became the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Think about how young he was, because he's right now, he's.
Speaker 7: Just forty eight years old. That was fifteen years ago, so at age thirty three. He became the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two years. Then he's at Washington for three seasons as a DB's coach, then got hired in Atlanta with Dan Quinn as assistant head coach DB's coach Falcons through twenty twenty and then goes to the Rams as a defensive coordinator in twenty twenty one, spent three years there, and then this year becomes the head coach the Atlanta Falcons, and a lot of what you'll see from the Falcons is Rams stuff, and both hired Zach Robinson as his offensive coordinator, and Zach Robinson was on mcvay's staff with the Rams the last five or six years and uh, and then he also brought Jimmy Lake, a defensive coordinator with him from the Rams.
Speaker 3: Right now, he's he's I was just impressed. You know.
Speaker 9: I try to do a little coaching with some kids in the off season just to you know, keep just to hang around other coaches and learn some things.
Speaker 3: And just being around him.
Speaker 9: Like I said, I had never as matter of fact, I borrowed some of his techniques on how he talks to the kids. You know, it's sometimes it's not about what you show them physically, uh, physically, you got to get it in their heads first and make them realize it before they can do it. And so he's always been the proponent of that. And I was just never forget how well he coached those guys. And it was a great veteran group, but just how well he coached them and how well they listened to.
Speaker 6: By the way, the other injury port from the San Francisco game, Charlotte Jones, Yeah, very good, her rib injury. They're fractured. Wow, and Junior does have a concussion.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're hearing Jerry talk about that, I mean it was.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: The vehicle was total I mean that shows how significant that impact was.
Speaker 3: What they're trying to do with us out.
Speaker 6: There, well, their physical it comes outside the stadium physical with the Rockers. Goodness, my guy, you're not breaking into that state.
Speaker 3: The first lady. Come on, man, let's stop that.
Speaker 1: Jerry Glanville's on the.
Speaker 3: Wow. Oh my god, you know what, you know what?
Speaker 1: I didn't even that really is Jerry Glass. I thought it was someone in the Halloween dressed up.
Speaker 3: Also, it's Jerry and the guy dressed up in the hollow.
Speaker 1: That's funny, all right. Uh they we're watching the NFL network. Now I'm the distractable player, all right, and we continuing mix shots in a moment. Here, have another snickers ever, so, oh, it looks.
Speaker 6: Like you need one.
Speaker 5: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 1: Scott slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 7: Throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 9: With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Boys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: Tom Shuts.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys App. Joined the Official Fan Club today to receive access to the all new Cowboys drops, feature team news and pre sale access, and fan and kid of the Gang.
Speaker 3: Download the app now to join.
Speaker 1: All right, Mickey, you went out and I did more ghosting goblins off there.
Speaker 6: I saw Zach Martin in uniform practicing. I did not see Trayvon Dix.
Speaker 3: He he ghosted us.
Speaker 6: So maybe they're trying to rest them and get them to get him to Sunday well better because with the Warrior on I R.
Speaker 3: I think he just like saying his name. I just figured.
Speaker 6: Just when I need to say. That would mean that starting at corner would either be Jordan Lewis moving into the slot and they would have to bring in mccuamu or Andrew Booth has to be active. I don't think you want that, no, I bet Booth.
Speaker 9: So yeah, if nothing else, we've got big dbs, small linebackers.
Speaker 6: But young ones too, basically starting to rookies. If you want whatever you however, you look at overshown is ready. Yes, yes, he's out there and he's.
Speaker 1: Bones Fossil.
Speaker 6: Was nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bones.
Speaker 3: We'll see Boo later.
Speaker 1: Elaton appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was cute.
Speaker 6: I was did you pull the mask back?
Speaker 1: And who that was?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Was Bones Fossil. He needs to get back on the field.
Speaker 6: I like to start.
Speaker 1: Starburst Producers Supreme did a great job with.
Speaker 3: This man, especially with his kids, and did this last night very.
Speaker 1: Going trick or treating with him tonight.
Speaker 9: He really gets into it man like original or no, no, you know brothers like the Purple me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about the Falcon secondary you're taking a look at them. Jesse Bates.
Speaker 6: Bates is playing awfully. Well, I can't get used to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're seeing is messing up a little bit. You know.
Speaker 6: My other bump been to Jerry Glanville and.
Speaker 3: He's playing guitar. Because he looks like he can play guitar.
Speaker 6: They sent me down to Houston when he was the head coach to do a story on him, and they had me waiting for him. He was going to come in, and I waited and waited and waited, and I think it was lunchtime or it was just after lunch, and he finally walks in and they said, oh, you know, he's waiting to talk to you. And he goes, you waited this long to talk to me, just like that. I go, yes, sir, and he goes, well, come on, you're gonna get something no one else gets.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: And he spent like twenty minutes with me. Yeah, one on one with Jerry Glanville.
Speaker 9: Well, early on they had Doug Williams on there. There was a guy dressed as Doug Williams. They had their little afro whatever you want to call it, wig on his head. He had to shoulder paths and he had Doug's jersey on his redskin jersey.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of Doug, he made it to the next round in the trimeter.
Speaker 3: Can't off. I'm trying to get my love man. You know I'm telling you, but I love it. That's what thank you aead.
Speaker 6: I just saw his name in the contributor category.
Speaker 3: So we win the contributors.
Speaker 6: John Wooten and Kilroy. Yeah, but I mean former scout.
Speaker 3: As far as Gramblin we got four.
Speaker 6: You got four contributors.
Speaker 3: No, two contributors to players myself and and.
Speaker 6: In the senior the seniors.
Speaker 9: Snow because he was so cold he could play. He was so cold, snow snow. He was so cold, that's what they called. He's not cold enough to get my job. He was damn good.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out if.
Speaker 9: But also Tank Younger, Tank Younger is also a contributor, uh from Grambling State. So that's four. That's four Tank Younger, Paul Tank Younger for Grambling player to be drafted into the NFL.
Speaker 6: I remember woot And telling me Tank Younger stories. He couldn't say enough good stuff about that.
Speaker 9: Well, he influenced, you know, he inspired all the other black players and former players into going Mason to Manson. Yeah, and that was that was all from Eddie Robinson. Eddie Robinson pushed for Tank Younger to go into the management of the Los Angeles Rams way back in the day because, as far as he was concerned, Tak Younger was the best thing that ever lived.
Speaker 3: Coming to Grambling State.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Jerry Glenville. It's just interesting because he is a former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Yes, and that was thirty one years ago, and that was I'm looking for his bio. That was his last NFL job. You know how old Jerry Glenville.
Speaker 6: Is now, I'm going to guess eighty two.
Speaker 1: He's eighty three years old. And according to Wickiped he is currently the defensive coordinator now at Northwestern Oklahoma State. Wow, I had no idea the reason we're talking about. He's being interviewed on He's being interviewed on the NFL network right now and took us down this Jerry Glenville road.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Almost one played football there at Northwestern? Is that where Patrick Crayton played?
Speaker 3: Isn't that in Tahquah. I'm pretty sure it's in Taqua.
Speaker 1: Look it up No Alva, Alva, Oklahoma and that's uh. And that is where Patrick Crayton played, Northwestern Oklahoma State.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of colleges. He was doubled.
Speaker 6: He was double directional.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Double directional Norlange, Western Western.
Speaker 3: Okay? Where did that come from?
Speaker 6: Northwestern Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: And Alva.
Speaker 3: Have coaches.
Speaker 6: That looks like the school maybe the Rangers.
Speaker 9: And that's when I turned down, when I saw the guy addresses Doug.
Speaker 3: Wait. Oh yeah, that's when I.
Speaker 1: First thought it was going on. It's coming back, all right, we know she got on your legal pad. Well, got two minutes left in this show. Give us something good, something that can.
Speaker 3: Father see we're done. I see twelve forty five.
Speaker 6: Hello, I was just no, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: What ain't nothing, man, The ain't nothing.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess. People keep criticizing Dak that he hadn't done this, he hadn't done that, and they always bring up the money. And somebody asked Mike about it, and he said, well number one.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: He mentioned that you know, it's tough on the quarterback when we don't run the ball or run it enough however you want to do it. Uh At then he goes number two. There is protection that gets into this. Uh, and he goes and Uh. The last thing you want your quarterback to do is think he's got to put the team on his back and start taking chances, which is interception. You don't want that, you know, there's always this idea that the quarterback has got to put the team on his back, right And I remember when they started saying that about Troy towards the end of his career, when the Cowboys didn't have any receivers.
Speaker 3: He was going through that.
Speaker 6: I remember being on the ticket and we got into it and I said, well, they don't have any receivers. No one's getting open. And they tried to argue with me, and I said, well, why don't you mix in a game and come and watch and you can see what the receivers did.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 6: They weren't very fond.
Speaker 3: They were watching the obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're watching TV. And you can't see the TV follows the ball. They don't follow the routes and you can see at the game if they're open or not. When you're sitting there watching the quarterback and you look and it's like, WHOA, where's he going to throw? The ball and sometimes that factors into the quarterback play. Get guys open.
Speaker 3: You expect that from just some some fans.
Speaker 9: But if you're in the if you're in sports, if that's what your your job is to cover sports, you think you would cover it properly. And now you've got so much theatrics that are going on. It has nothing to do with how you cover a team. Was watching the NFL something the other day and uh, one of the commentators and stephen A they called they called back a front runner. Front runner meaning he only plays well when things are going well, and I thought.
Speaker 6: They're probably going well because he's playing well.
Speaker 3: How silly is that? Bro? Yeah, how silly.
Speaker 9: That's the facts right there, and for them to I really think at times we get carried away, you know, with how we talk about the players, and we take for granted that these players are going to sit back and take it. I'm surprised what happened with Diggs hadn't happened a lot more, and especially on a nationwide state.
Speaker 3: That's just the local taste what we're talking about.
Speaker 9: But when you're talking about nationwide and you've got two guys out there, it wasn't just stephen A. It was the Grazziani guy. They called deck a front runner. I think it's freaking insulting, you know, I don't I think to call any player a front runner when you're out here trying to do your job the best you can. I thought that was a bunch of bs, and I thought they crossed the line on that and Jeff's Saturday. He took him, He took him to the barn on that one and was talking just like you and trying to make them understand y'all don't know what the hell y'all talking.
Speaker 3: About because you hadn't played.
Speaker 9: Because I played with some of the best quarterbacks ever and they've had the same issues without having the same support as what Dak is going through right now. And I just thought that was very commendable of him to say that, But for him to have to say that to professionals on a nationwide stage, man, I thought that was very insulting.
Speaker 6: I don't think. I don't think players keep score well enough, you know, if I was a player, and obviously i'm not, but if somebody like crossed me, and I don't think they were right, they're out. I'm not doing interviews, right, you know next time you come to me, I'm sorry. You know everything, Go buy your business.
Speaker 9: And you know it'd be okay to just criticize. But that was not a criticism. That was something that was on the that's right, there's a difference.
Speaker 6: And we get away with that because as they say, that's what's this is what we live in. Well, okay, but that doesn't make it right.
Speaker 9: Well then if you live there, then expect some visitors, yeah, because then you're going to have some people come to see you about what you say.
Speaker 6: We've gotten to the point in the society that's okay to just go out and lie and get away with Oh no, he's lying. Well, okay, well you got to hold him accountable. We don't.
Speaker 9: Well Jeff did. Jeff said that they did for him. I felt good, good about that.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, very good trick or treat And you're gonna pass out candy tonight at all.
Speaker 3: We're passing all right now. I'm taking half of that with him.
Speaker 11: I'm taking my candy cal Snickers Manners Skittles.
Speaker 1: Purpose. So we I wonder if it will still be decorated tomorrow. Why I think it should be.
Speaker 11: We vote, We vote for a responssil to keep the decoration for tomorrow, all right, and we will shout at you again tomorrow here on Mixshop O Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club