Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies.
Speaker 3: These episodes are based on. These are our stories.
Speaker 1: Dundun, Hello and welcome to That's Messed Up and SVU podcast. Wow, I sound like a newscaster. I'm Kara Lank, I'm one of your hosts, and I'm Lee's the trigger with the traffic update. The bound edens is sumfered a bumper this cold Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's we're excited.
Speaker 1: We talk sview true crime and I do have huge news.
Speaker 3: I did beat Super Mario three. I did beat it Donna.
Speaker 2: The quest that started when I was a child finished decades later.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a little bit like there's something missing in your life now?
Speaker 2: No, I feel so excited. I beat it like it I like beating Bowser. Felt so good and it was hard. Like the fact of the matter is in that final Castle, there is like a secret life that you can get so like you're not gonna lose lives.
Speaker 3: You have enough.
Speaker 2: It took me dozens of times like Bowser in that final one is really hard.
Speaker 3: It was for me at least, but I did it.
Speaker 2: And then the prize you get when you beat it is it starts over and you get unlimited pee wings, And a peewing is a thing that you can use. It's like a special thing where it's a permanent wing. You don't have to run to fly. You could just fly. You just fly, and so you get to like if something's really hard, you can miss it. So then I played the game with unlimited pee wings, being strategic.
Speaker 3: Of course you need a hammer.
Speaker 1: Suit sometimes, but I beat it like so fast, like I a YouTube person, like I you were a YouTube person, you were on Twitch, people were watching you, they were tipping you.
Speaker 2: It was like I just was never in a zone like that where I just was dominating. And maybe it was the cockiness, Like I was cocky too because I had just beat it and now I have unlimited pee wings a lot like I just I just felt, uh, that's amazing the world. So now I started, Yes, so what She's Island?
Speaker 3: I started?
Speaker 1: Yoshi's Island's so funny because Rosie, you know, I told you we have Super Nintendo, the little one that comes loaded with all the games. Rosie's been playing Yoshi's Island with Jared and Kirby. She loves Kirby. I love Kirby, but learning a whole new universe seems hard to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not really.
Speaker 1: I mean she's like he's just teaching her how to play, and it's really cute, like and Yoshi's Island was like I love the little sound when Yoshi sticks out his tongue and it's like like, I don't I'm not doing it right. But like I was watching them play and it was really cute. And I had not really known about Yoshi's Island. So look, everyone's playing. I have Rosie once again connected, I know. But also do you like the baby Mario? Like Yoshi has a little baby Mario on him. Yeah, but also I never saw this before because I don't remember. Yoshi can shoot out eggs like Rosie kept like Jared Keper it's Jed pressed down, poop out an egg and Rosie was like, yes.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it. Like I was like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: They get eggs? It's really it's it is silly, for sure. I'm stuck on a really hard level though. So I did buy the new Mario Mario. Otis wonder Mario. I hate it the new game. There's so much reading, you just keep having to go a like I don't want to read.
Speaker 3: I don't want to read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ever a reader, even with board games and stuff. I'm always like, let's just start and figure it out. Like I kind of like hate like all of the this. Stop for a second and read this whole disclaimer before we go on, Like I hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to read.
Speaker 2: But yosha, I can't believe Rosie's playing. I gotta play with Rosie.
Speaker 3: I want to play. Oh, she's eland come play on our little super Nintendo. Yeah, I'm stuck on this. I can't. I can't get out of this deep gem world. I don't know. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, so I was in Portland opening up for my friend Matteo, who's killing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's so famous.
Speaker 2: I said his name to the hotel clerk because I was going to go up to his hotel room, and the clerk next to her went gasped. And we went out to eat, and you could just tell the servers are just like smiling, they are gooning in the tricksy it is.
Speaker 3: It is really fun.
Speaker 2: People get really excited to see him. His crowds are great, but you hate indoor pools. Yeah, let me tell you, I think you'd like the one at the Ritz Carlton in Portland.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you well, I don't think I've ever been to an indoor Ritz Carlton pool. I'm talking indoor pools, dude.
Speaker 2: It's on the nineteenth floor and then the whole there's no ceiling. It's all windows. You see the mountains of port I've never seen Portland so beautiful. Okall glass shining in It is an infinity pool still too, so it looks like it's just the myning.
Speaker 3: And of course a hota. But the ceilings were so high.
Speaker 2: I took a video for you, and I made Mateo take photos because I was like, I have to show care of this indoor pool.
Speaker 3: We got to make it to the Ritz, like we got it.
Speaker 1: We got one of these days Portland, buy no ticket, just kidding.
Speaker 2: We don't even have a date in Portland right now. But also, but the dining was too high up. We're like, do you I want to just get dessert after the show? I go, you know, I'd love to split a cheesecake. Let's go.
Speaker 1: But it was like mushroom fung guy Ice scream in champagne glitters like, oh no, no, we had like a pumpkin thing with noodle leath. It's just like we weren't in the mood for fine dining, which if we were, maybe we wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: But it felt like the menu. It felt like the menu the way we were talked to, like that.
Speaker 1: Movie, yes, yes, yes, Oh my god, when you were like, hopefully and they're not going to murder me, that's.
Speaker 3: Amazing and that sounds so fun. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I just I'm so happy for Matteo all the success he's found. You know, he and I used to just go to dinner and speak Italian together.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, I love that came up, that came up. I'm always like, I'm oa like I love him so much.
Speaker 1: But I wait, can I just really randomly change the subject because I wanted to say something that just came to my attention from some viewers of some listeners. Yeah, remember how we just covered surveillance a couple of weeks ago, Zoe Deschanel, the stuff, Okay, so not shoe, Come on, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, sorry.
Speaker 3: Should I take that again? Sorry? Emily, No, you dis respected everyone hearing.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting in my mistake, I said, Zoe. I met Emily. I met Emily de Chanel. Emily de Chanell, you know, the guy's stalking her. They go to an internet cafe and a little kid is like on the internet computer and.
Speaker 3: He's like what this guy was just sitting here.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking it is stuff and he's like looking, that's fucking Nicholas Braun, the guy who plays cousin Greg on Succession. Like you know, you know, I love IMDb. I love to look up everybody his little kid. His name's Nicholas Braun and in the show he's literally just billed as kid. Like it must have been one of his first roles of all time. And like literally I think he was in one team movie and then he was in his view.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because he has these big chipmunk cheeks in when he's a kid.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so cute. Oh my god. Well I haven't seen success I like Succession started almost twenty years later. I mean I've seen the first three episodes, so I know who the character is. We're in the time machine. Get the fuck over at anyone listening.
Speaker 2: But I think over the holiday break, maybe I'll get into Succession, maybe I'll just been.
Speaker 1: I want to try it again because I feel like I tried it right after I had Rosie, and I was like, these people are so evil and like this is not evil, but like I don't care about these people like selfish fucks. But I want to try it again because, like I mean, obviously I love Seinfeld and that's kind of the same promise. Well, you know what I really love is someone was telling me I read a whole article, not someone telling it was probably on Vulture, but it was about how in Succession nobody eats because eatings for poor people like the like they're so rich that the whole idea is like we can eat whenever food is abundant, so I don't need to eat this and they kind of judge people for eating at a party or an event like that's looked down upon. And I just thought that that is such attention to detail that this show must be out of this world, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, that is such character, that is impressive thought process, Like I gotta I gotta watch that now. I mean when it was ending, people were like one of the greatest shows of all time.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the acclaim for it. People were obsessed.
Speaker 1: I think I just caught it at the wrong time, like I just had a baby and was like, this is for me. But I'm looking right now on his little IMDb he was just in twenty twenty two the voice of someone named cousin Greg in a Simpsons episode.
Speaker 3: In an episode he is murder dude.
Speaker 2: I just found an article. It's a photo of him with Maloney. I'm sure all the listeners know, since they're the ones who told us, But he wrote it was a very exciting role I played, I think a character without a name, boy and Internet cafe because those existed at the time. He goes, I was looking at a video of a woman who got murdered or assaulted, because that's the show. And then Christopher Maloney and iced tea. I think, come and sit down. Why, yeah, we know all this, tell us we know the episode. Sure, so he said. Christopher Maloney didn't think that the kid was that he was getting scared enough because they were cops. So every time he would sit down, he would pinch him in the ribs. And he goes every take, and at the end of the day he thought he did badly because there were so many pinches. But yeah, I just I love that. That's such a good, little fine, a little easter. You know what I heard from our friend Lauren that you were talking about me at a party about how I won't shut up about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Oh, from Lauren Cook. Yeah, well no, I said.
Speaker 1: I just said, like, somebody brought up Taylor Swift and I go, well, you guys know, Lisa's obsessed. Like I'm now a fan through osmosis, Like I like, I know every single thing that's going on with them because of Lisa.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a cheek kiss. They look cute. She touched his face with her hand.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I mean, someone I know just posted like a screenshot of their Apple stories and it was like Gaza Ukraine cute cheek kiss between Taylor and Dress and it was like that those were the three top stories on Apple for the day.
Speaker 3: That's what we need.
Speaker 1: We need it, We need it. Look, the world is dark, there's a lot going on. We need a little cheek kiss. I think that this relationship couldn't have come at a better time for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I am obsessed with Taylor, but we don't have to talk about her today. But also I've been so in my head about Taylor that I was with some people and Casey musk Graves started playing slow Burn and I went, oh, yeah, I like other people too.
Speaker 3: I were forgot, Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: And so I listened to some Casey musk Graves and.
Speaker 3: Her voice is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I mean, she is so good and she's a pothead, you know, so I do like that.
Speaker 3: I'd love to get I would love to get high with Casey. Must a little high with Casey.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait, we have not talked in a little bit, and I know this is time machine. This is so old. We apologize, guys. Time machine days are behind us. We've not talked about the weed Dinner on Beverly Hills. Wow, thank you for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: I just We're obviously gonna talk about the Weed Dinner, and I'm gonna be so happy about it. But I do want to say, LARSA. Pippen, your scum, your worst than scum. You are the worst person that's ever been on television, and I want, I want you off.
Speaker 3: I can't. I've never been so sickened.
Speaker 1: I literally yesterday got my hair colored by this. I was talking her for three hours and I kept bringing up Housewives and she I was like, wait, do you watch And she's like no, and I go, oh my god, I'm so sick. Like I just keep bringing up people to you that you don't even know. And I go, but you know who Larsa Pippen is And she was like yeah. She said one of my clients is friends with her and says she's so sweet, but then said one other thing, and I go, I don't. She's not sweet, She's a bad person. Like I told her all about the gurdy of it all, and I was like, they're like, basically, if you're not a listener, I know we're talking in code to you. If you're not up Bravo ahead like we are basically Scotti. Pippens's ex wife, Larsa Pippen, who is now a real Housewives of Miami, found out from another cast mate that she had cancer. Said please don't tell anyone. This woman Larsa told everybody in the group, and then hours later, six hours later, when confronted, said you never told me not to tell anyone, which it's on fucking camera that you did. Also, if somebody tells you. I really didn't want you to tell my cancer story. Everyone you go, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Like I was thinking I would rally everyone around you, but in retrospect, that was the worst.
Speaker 3: I I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: She just was like I was trying to get people behind you, like you were gonna tell everybody anyway. She's horrible, She's unrepentant asshole. She goes, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I mean to fucking accuse someone of faking cancer when they are crying asking for compassion, and it is it is beyond to me. Yeah, And at Bravocon, Andy gave her the floor to redeem herself and look back, and she couldn't. She And it's like you you're dating Michael Jordan's son. You were twisted. And you know, the rumor of the Kardashian thing is there's an episode that Scott Dissick has or someone that Chloe was someone I think it was. Scott had like a skink in the bathroom, locked up like he was cheating or fucking someone he shouldn't, and Kim in Vegas was like, I'm gonna fucking see who it is, and open like got into the bathroom and it was Larsa Pippen as.
Speaker 3: The rumor, like I don't think, yeah, that's just a rumor.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if that's reddit, you know, but Larsa, like Jenshaw, is in jail for defrauding the elderly. I'd rather visit her in jail than even look at Larsa Pippen in the eyes Brooks Brooks from OC lied about having cancer. I'd rather suck his dick than Seesar. That is how I feel. I am, like I am to do that to Gerty.
Speaker 3: I can't. I really, I really am upset.
Speaker 2: I'm really upset by but yeah, it's just it's really upsetting. And we've never seen someone a housewife like this deal with. Honestly, these women show us their whole lives. They do, they really do. Kyle back to Beverly Hills. Let's go positive. We dinner. We have Denise Richards fucked out of her mind, wearing a jacket backwards, confronting.
Speaker 1: I was like, I kept going, oh my god, oh my god, rewinding it, making Jared watch he doesn't even care.
Speaker 3: I was like, you gotta see this. This is so insane, like.
Speaker 1: Just the whole the whole thing where she was going Erica. Now, okay, so again, if you don't know, this is just all the women from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills go to somebody's house. All by the way, it should be called the Real Housewives of Encino. None of them live in Beverly Hills. They're at Kyle's house and Encino and they're having a weed dinner where like the it's like a top not chef.
Speaker 3: Is he hot food? He was hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's making them like delicious gourmet food with THHD in it, which like I've eaten. I've had weed dinners before. Like it's you get so high, it's so fun. It's dangerous because you keep eating because you're high, and then you just keep getting more high. Like when I did that one time, it was one of the highest I've ever been in my life. But they they go, I would recommend ten milligrams for you, and all they go around and take all the women's orders and they're like, I'll do five, I'll do five, Durk goes, I'll do one.
Speaker 3: I go one.
Speaker 1: Is like you're standing next to a person smoking a joint, like stop at.
Speaker 3: Derey, Like, don't even do anything. If you're gonna do one, and I.
Speaker 1: Would, of course, yes, do what the guy suggests, Like they're all just trying to act like on camera like we never well, no, yeah, in light's a joint at the table, like, which was so for attention because it's like, are you honestly saying that? Well, I know, Lisa, you're like this, you prefer the burn of the joint. But I don't think Sutton strack. I'm like, if you just want to get hi, just eat the food, why are you lighting up a joint?
Speaker 3: You're like trying to get attention.
Speaker 1: I would never just light up a joint at a dinner table in someone's home. I'm sure, she asked off camera. I don't think so. They all looked confused, but it's just so rude, like Sutton's all about manners. I feel like I do. I I had the feeling that she said I was told I could. I thought she said something like that, so I was like, Okay, no pill or doing it.
Speaker 3: So performed performance.
Speaker 1: But then Denise Richards, who is not on the show anymore and hasn't been on the show in two years, is at the dinner comes with Camille Grammer, Kelsey Grammer's ex wife. Again, if you're not watching these shows, I don't know what's wrong with you. Listen to our description. It's amazing. Like Charlie Sheen's x's wife shows up with Kelsey Grammar's ex wife that are both former cast members, and they Denise says like drunk on pills. Something's up because I heard her order she didn't order any of the THHC. She said she didn't want any, so she wasn't high.
Speaker 3: I bet it. I bet it was pills an alcohol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pills an alcohol to me always and so and she's calling Erica out Erica Jane for something that she did but won't say what it is. And it's just like you know, you know, I eat it, watch the show, watch the show, breaking the fourth wall talking about the show. And then Eric apologizes and she goes, thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Denise says thank you and you're welcome to herself, and then.
Speaker 1: They cut right to the chef, going, yo, Denise Richards is so fucked up right now.
Speaker 3: That whole like two minutes made me laugh so hard.
Speaker 2: Well, because what was the other franchise I was watching? They're all mixed up in my head. I'm so sorry. But the driver kept being like what like there was so much fighting in the sprinter van, and they just kept they had a camera on on this like, Jolly driver, was.
Speaker 1: It the Bermuda? Was it when they were in Bermuda? He was hot too. All of these dudes and the chef, the driver, they're really like bringing it. But to the point where no one knew what she was going on. She just kept going, you know what you did, you know.
Speaker 3: What you did.
Speaker 1: It was wild. But then later Dori just goes, I think your jacket's on backwards and that I mean her jacket was upside down, which was so funny because inside out it's like we could all do that upside down. Yeah, she couldn't find the collar of the jacket. It was upside down. Her arms, like her arms must have felt weird in the holes. That's not the way the holes were supposed to go, it was and.
Speaker 3: She just kept going, don't do this. I know what you're doing, don't do this, Like she was so fucked up. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, but also set in your bad friend Kyle is being honest. Obviously something's going on in her life, and I don't know why you're getting so much pleasure out of pushing her like that.
Speaker 1: You know she's being a psycho, Like you're off. Yeah, you got to back off when somebody says I can't. And also what they're not what they don't talk about yet in the show that I think they're going to talk about is like Kyle recently lost one of her best friends who took their own life, and like they're not talking about it, and it's all but it's like you know that, Sutton, and you're like, I get you're trying to make good TV, but you're like accosting this woman about hiding things from you and it's like she's just going through some shit right now.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It really they're being really bad friends. And I mean the information about her friend. I think that's why she's done with Mauricio. I think he couldn't support I think he like decided to travel and become wealthy instead of yeah, being there first.
Speaker 3: That's what I've been reading as well.
Speaker 1: But anyway, if you're not going to watch anything, just pop on this weird Dinner episode of Beverly Hills and just feast your eyes, have a good time.
Speaker 3: Light up a joint in the middle of someone's house.
Speaker 2: Yes, but or if you want to, we've taught the Salt Lake City episodes in at Trixy Motel have are also very joyful to me.
Speaker 3: But I hate Sutton.
Speaker 1: But I think name Them, Name Them is gonna go down in history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, there's some sad episode. Yeah, let's get to it. Guys. No, we're not. We're not a Bravo podcast, but we should be.
Speaker 1: Just a heads up for those of you that listen to that's messed up and as few podcasts on the Apple podcast app, which I know is a few of you, there have been some new changes with the iOS seventeen update. Apple has paused downloads on podcasts if your phone's running out of storage or if you haven't listened in a while, so just make sure there's available space so that you can continue to get our episodes every week and like listen regularly and don't miss new shows. So just go over to Apple and click the follow button and then get your storage situation cleaned up and the new episodes will be automatically downloaded every week so you never miss a minute of us.
Speaker 3: Let's get started.
Speaker 1: We've got a hot episode going back in to the vaults.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, today's episode is called baby Killer, so nothing positives happening here.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a real get ready to get sad episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from the title on, we have November two thousand and it is wild. Maybe it's a little trite to discuss, but I am, like, holy shit, I've lived like a long time.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like November of two thousand. I was on my semester abroad, just like living it up.
Speaker 2: I was in high school or college, no, junior high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, high school at least high school, not college. Yeah, I graduated high I was five, so like eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this girl gave on my on my twentieth birthday, which was right before this episode aired. I this girl on my semester of broad program gave me her life since and it was it was her real license from New Jersey.
Speaker 3: But I'm six inches taller than her. And her name was Dana.
Speaker 1: I don't I won't say her full name, but she had this very like Scaramoucci like last name, like very Italian, and in her thing, she's kind of like squinting and like looks kind of like poudy. So every time I would go to a bar, I would like stare off into the distance, like trying to look poudy and squinty, like I mean, you can't see me, right, and it is not a vision.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Most of the time it worked because it's like it's a lot better to use a fake ID, a real idea that's not you, because it's really hard to be like, that's not you unless it's glaring. You know. We had sort of similar hair color and skin tone. It's like everyone takes a weird picture every now and then, you know.
Speaker 2: I used my sister's ID, who is ten years older than me, but it only got rejected twice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like so funny. They were like, yeah, you're twenty nine, Like yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Twice it was like you gotta get out of here, and I was like true, true, true. We did one time make our friends Sophia use like a fake idea that was a man's and it didn't work.
Speaker 3: It didn't work well.
Speaker 1: Before I had this girl Dana's, I had one that was not me, not real and expired from Vermont.
Speaker 3: Oh, So that didn't work at all, or sometimes it did.
Speaker 1: It would work in Connecticut sometimes if they just didn't pay pet attention to the expiration. And that was another one where I was squinting because the girl's really squinty. She's high as hell in her photo, and I'm like squinting. I mean, you know, the things we did things. But anyway, okay, we were babies, and this episode is called baby Killers, so let's keep.
Speaker 2: Going seeing you know, we write down the air date and just seeing two thousand is like, it's also my favorite time in music history.
Speaker 1: So I was just thinking that. I was like, this is a time where Brittany is thriving. We're really loving life music.
Speaker 2: No, and this is another okay, sorry, we were talking about Taylor Swift before we started recording.
Speaker 3: It is in my brain forever.
Speaker 2: But that's another thing watching all these youtubes she was she's been so young, you know, like the Tailor, the Mileys. You know, some of our girls have really like been able to thrive through their teen and young years, which a lot of our other popsters have not been able to do. And that's like so impressive. Forget how young these people are when you watch them in arenas and they're teenagers. Yeah, it's crazy. It really is okay. So back to Baby Killer. It's recess time. The kids are having a ball, they're in their jackets. There's actually a lot of balls. There's a basketball, a soccer ball, and a red rubber ball, so a lot of balls. And the teacher breaks up a fight over a ball, of course, and then notices there's problems at the gate with some unsavory men, I would say, and they're talking through young children through a gate, so obviously we don't like that and it can't be good. And then a man in a bandana calls her a bitch and doesn't like being asked to leave the school playground, which to me seems, you know, fair. She gets on her walkie talkie radio for some backup. Before bang, we hear a gunshot and children screaming back at the playground. The teacher, who we find out later is the principal. She runs back and sees a dead young child in a pink coat and she's bleeding and it's really sad, and the principal is screaming, help help me, please, and the camera pans out and it's just her and the kid and everyone is gone, and it's just like a very solemn sad cement area and then we cut to a sad Kragan face. He's looking at the squad and they're in a real casual boy band formation if I've ever seen one. They're standing, kneeling, squatting like they're all in different heights. Yeah yeah, fully like ready to swoon us And it's all it's a Benson, munch Stabler and Finn and this is in his steampunk era. I would say, there's a vest, there's silk ties. It's really he's like the villain. Is it from Hunchback of Notre Dame? Like he just hold on, No, I'm not sure. He's like a step away from a monocle.
Speaker 1: Here though, it's just like to be in the movie Wild Wild West.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I am to have my references wile.
Speaker 3: Wild West is a good Yeah, that's a good comparison.
Speaker 2: It's just so funny, Like I just can't imagine a guy who was in arcotics forever grew up in New York.
Speaker 3: It would be wearing vests and undershirts.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just so curious at this and how he was able to transition out of that. You know with his seniority whatever, he breaks the news. There was a shooting at PS three eighty seven in East Harlem. Six year old girl died at the scene. They're bringing up the shooter now. Munch is like, why would we be talking to the shooter right now? The brass thinks we're better equipped to handle him. Stabler says, bring on the perver. And then we see a little child walk in. He is small, he is the killer. And then there's like two giant coups behind him. You can't even see their faces. They're really like showing you how tiny this kid is with the camera.
Speaker 3: And then we jumped to the car. It's of course, I don't know how you can. He's so cute. Yeah, like a cute child killer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Benson asked Munch, does that look like a cold blooded killer to you. Craigan asked if there's any luck getting the parents, and wildly they both called in six to work and can't be found. M Finn does a walk by question, can you even charge a seven year old with murder? And yes, he just made the cutoff. Two panic people run into the squad room. So the man I know from Sex and the City he played William and he was the wee guy. He like kept lying to Samantha, like we'll go to the Hamptons, We'll do this, you know, oh yeah, oh yeah, okay, So god, sam he's also a ballet teacher in Center Stage.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was like a moment for you or not. And yeah, for sure, I remember watching Center Stage a lot.
Speaker 2: And then also a season six episode of SVU called The Game. So the mom is Sarah Ramirez, who is famous for playing Chay Diaz, will probably haunt them for the rest of their career. And so that's in't just like that. We they're in the episode of SVU called Cameleon, we have covered it based on Eileen Warnos. And then most importantly, over two hundred and fifty episodes of Grey's Anatomy and full series regular in like a handful of other shows they are working and Chadas will be on the tombstone, Like, yeah, everything Sarah has done is overshadowed by this nightmare they've created, and it's just so memed, Like it's just the most memed character they've done.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's history, baby is.
Speaker 2: But you know, famously, I read this one thing that was like, this is actually the most accurate portrayal of a comedian. Comedians are the most insufferable, annoying people on the planet, and this is totally in line with every comedian I've ever met. And it was like this galker piece or something like that, which I did think was funny. There was a moment when Sarah was like in bed doing the cameos chay Dias where I was like, this is psycho. You wouldn't leave the room to do it in the living room, but I could see this happening for someone.
Speaker 3: I can see it.
Speaker 2: Also, we're birthday twins August thirty first, so that's pretty love for us. So anyways, wildly, both his mom and dad had small parts in the musical Chicago the movie as well. No so maybe they met on that set, who knows, but they're stress. Benson turns around to help them in her short pixie cut glory. They say, we're here for son Elias. He's been involved in a shooting. She's like, why aren't we at the hospital?
Speaker 3: Is he dead?
Speaker 2: She's crying and she's like, oh, there's a misunderstanding, baby, your son was actually the shooter. The dad doesn't own a gun. The mom is stunned. Stabler's like, well, where does he have access to a gun? And they're like, he's either at home, school or the sitters. The babysitter's name is Missus Strata. Yeah, reminds me of Eric Astrata, just because they I think it's a strata too. The last it's not because no, no, I have the captions on. Oh okay, yeah I thought I heard that. Yeah, because I think it's Mandela effect because of Eric Strata, or I think about the Family Stone when she cooks the strata.
Speaker 1: Wait, Eric, isn't it eric Astrata? I don't know. Yeah, it's Eric Astrada is the exactly. But I think that's why we that's why. Yeah, it's sucking us up here. Yeah, but it's missus Estrada.
Speaker 2: But that's also the egg dish that Carrie that Sarah Jisca Parker does at the Family Stone.
Speaker 1: Oh, Strata mean street in Italian. There's a there's a famous movie called Lostrada. Wow, all right, well that's important to anyone.
Speaker 2: So this is a babysitter and her name is Missus Strata, and they ask for their son. So Craigan convinces them to sign a Miranda waiver so they can all like talk together, which is a trick for sure. I would never allow this. They waive the rights because they just want to see their son, and they march over there. Finn looked up the dad in the system. He's clean as a whistle, which whistles are disgusting, filled with saliva. Stabler and Benson ask about the parents both playing hooky, but they were actually at the hospital because their daughter had a respiratory thing. So this is a nightmare, like what the worst day in history. Benson is like, Okay, why don't you guys sit down. You've clearly been through enough. They bring an alliance. Obviously, there's some hugs and kisses. They sit Elias in front of Elliott. They're gonna chat and you know, Elliott, okay. Like Benson, relating to victims and being kind is like really natural to look at, and watching Stabler do it is making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It's like, you don't spend enough time with kids.
Speaker 1: I think to know how to do this because you have four, but you don't spend time with them.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like, do you like school? Yes?
Speaker 2: Second grade his favorite subject. He shrugs. He doesn't have one. Small dog is over though they're gonna talk about today. He admits to knowing Carly Jackson. When asked if he likes her, he shakes his head no. Stabler asks why not? She's always bothering me, is his answer. She chases me and tries to kiss me, and so he's like, okay, So what happened at re sas he said that she fell down? What made her fall down? I mean, this is like speed it up, kid, So anyways, he's traumatized.
Speaker 3: So what made her fall down?
Speaker 2: Stabler pushes the kid is staring right at him, takes a long pause, and then says the gun. Well, who's holding the gun? The boy asks is Carly going to be okay? And Stabler again asks who had the gun and he has to whisper I did. The dad finally gets up and is like, okay, we're gonna stop this and we're gonna get a lawyer, And obviously Stabler's like, yeah, that's fine with us. It's why do you let us talk to him for this long? But he's gonna stay at the precinct. So Craigan is behind the glass with Munch and directs Munch and Finn to start digging to everyone in their lives to see how he got the gun. Craigan makes a little dark joke about like the screening process is bad, but I doubt the kid was able to buy one himself.
Speaker 3: So that's like a little little humor from Craigan. Uh oh.
Speaker 2: The press is out and they're all trying to get a snapshot of what's going on. Munch pushes his way past them and into the gate to the playground and there's a little memorial set up, flowers, balloons, photos of Carly, and the principal is standing over it. Munch walks over to her. He asks if the two kids had drama in the past, and she says neither had ever been sent to her office. So she says she saw Lias putting the gun in the garbage can. Munch relays to her that Carly picked on him, and she's like, Carley was the sweetest little girl, and then she goes, did we miss something? And she says he wasn't a trouble maker, like he barely even talked, and she's really sad, and I would say I'd put her in with Lisa Lampierra into iconic guest stars that actually act the appropriate level of upset when something horrible happens. She is really bothered by what is happening. And I feel like Lisa Lampira, she was like, really upset her roommate died. And those are the only two I can think of that have acted appropriately. Usually it's a friend's mom that's like, I gotta get to work, you know.
Speaker 3: Girls. Yeah, girls, that's sad. But teen's dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like so, but this principle is affected, and she's also reflecting like she wants to help. She's like, what did I miss? You know, Like she is just a stellar person, this principle. So Benson and Stabler go to missus Strata's house the daycare. She says he's an angel and she can't even believe it. They straight up ask if she has a gun at the house. Her curtains are very Gramma vibes. My mom would love these fucking curtains.
Speaker 1: We have these curtains, she says, please, and and.
Speaker 3: She is like, none of the kids would do this.
Speaker 2: And Stablor asks if she has the numbers to the parents of these kids, and she's even insulted by the question, like of course, I do work and home, and she points them to the list. She's watching out the window as the kids are playing and yells at two kids fighting, and they listen to her and stop right away, which is a good sign they respect her. And there are kids inside as well. Stabler asks if she's in charge of all the kids. She goes, yes, they don't leave the courtyard without an adult, and they don't talk to strangers. And then she goes, I take my job very seriously, young man. And I like the way she's talking to Stable. Finn is interrogating children. Lol, okay, Sammy, where did Elias get the gun? And it's like kindergarten cop, but not funny, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like very serious.
Speaker 2: This boy says he got the gun from his pants, but doesn't know anything else. And the boy is pretty like defensive and like pissed off. Munch is with the children too, and the boy with Munch is like, ah, she kissed him all the time and he would get red, and she was walking over to him that day. Stable and Benson are debating on their adventure about how they should charge the parents, even though it's a hot button issue. Stabler says, but like these parents don't seem like the parents I think that's like they seem like good caring parents because the parents I think, like I think about the Michigan parents, you know in the last few years that like encourage their kid to be a school shooter and like ate it and embedded, like yeah, charge those parents. Like I don't get the vibe from these parents that they're like negligent or not.
Speaker 1: Well, they also didn't even own a gun, yeah, like they I mean it's like, yes, you have to check and see if your caregiver has a gun, but the mistrata says she doesn't have a gun. So it's like they've done their due diligence, you know. Yeah, but they just don't seem like assholes to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The elevator doors open and there's a walk in talk that follows. Elliot's just like what would have made a little boy like that one to take a life? And Benson calls him out like you're searching for a way to make him a victim. The only victim here is a dead little girl, and I'm with her, but he is really cute and it is hard. Okay, So there's a woman and her name is Sonia Petis and Elias Berera's teacher, that's who it is. And she goes into complaining about class sizes, the limits thirty two and she has forty kids, and she's.
Speaker 1: That's really crazy. It is forty kids is a humongous class.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't Just getting in a line probably takes fifteen minutes, yeah, minimum. So she's digging in her bag and she was in the teacher's lounge when she heard, and when she heard it was Elias, she said she got physically ill. Benson's like, Okay, you've been digging in that giant bag for a while. Is there something you want to show us in the bag? And she's like, yes, after twenty years of teaching, you know, nothing shocks you anymore. And I wish this had you know, all of these women are just so introspective about what is happening.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just like, I really like the characters in this episode. So she hands over a drawing he drew it yesterday. Holy shit, it's a fucking shooting. It's two boys with a gun, but he's holding a green and red checkered thing and between the gun and the victim, and I can't figure out what it is. It is a folder, like I don't know, and then it's a girl with blood everywhere out of her stomach, so not good. Stabler goes, you know, Carly had a ponytail, and so that's the scene. Ender is looking at this drawing and he is a pretty good artist. So we're at the office of the Chief Assistant District Attorney, Charlie Phillips, and he's like a lemony snicket looking man. I would say that's the best place familiar.
Speaker 1: Who is he? He's like Rumpel still skin to me. He truly just has like energy that I'm not into. Okay, are you gonna look it up? Yeah? I'm looking up this actor because I just want to see what else I.
Speaker 3: Like know him from. We know him. He's played annoying. I know this guy. Yeah, yeah, let's see. Okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: He's got one hundred and twenty credits, so okay.
Speaker 3: He's a regular on Billions.
Speaker 1: If you watch Billions like currently, he's a Billions regular. He's been on seventy six episodes of That The Walking Dead, he was a regular. He's been on eight episodes of Law and order regular, okay, but I wouldn't know any of that. I do see one that I know burn after reading It's a small book, but he was a cosmetic surgeon, and I feel like I did watch I do watch that movie a lot.
Speaker 3: Wait, The Mist.
Speaker 2: I didn't see The Mist, but it's always in like lists of the most heartbreaking off endings of movies of all time, and so I have seen just the ending of it and it's pretty fucked up.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, the Miss.
Speaker 1: So I don't think I'm gonna watch the whole movie, you know, I did, just I watched the ending, but.
Speaker 3: I think you should call him lemony stick.
Speaker 1: At the rest of the episode, he just has like not good vibes, Like straight up, there are some actors that just play you know, weirdos. Yeah, so Tuesday, November seventh, and I wonder if that's election day where the I voted stickers, because election, right, that has to be election day. He says, charge the boy with murder and cab it's like he's seven, and the dude's like, yeah, any of you was six, that would be different. But the laws of the law and there's no room for interpretation. I hate him. They argue about what the jury will incit on. You know, Columbines of course brought up and people are like fed up with that, but obviously not. We are in the future watching this and we know that nothing has changed and it's only gotten worse.
Speaker 3: But you know, this is in the two thousand.
Speaker 2: He says, people are fed up, and Cabot's like, nope, you want to get elected next year and you're getting you know, you're trying to get all splashy in attention. He doesn't have a response because she just called his ass out real good, and he just cares about, like, you know, impressing constituents. He takes a moment to collect himself and says that the boy knew the difference between right and wrong, and Cabot's like, yes, but to not understand the consequences of his actions. And he yells, he brought a gun to school. He knew what he was doing, and the drawing proves intent. So we're off to the Manhattan Family Corps and the judge is like, Cabot, there must be a mistake. You're charging a seven year old with murder, and she's like, yes, we are your honor, and she's like, there must be an alternative right, and she's like one is yet to present itself. I'm obsessed with this episode, like I also love the dialogue. So she's not happy, but there's evidence with criminal intent, and the judge then has to move on and ask, like what the plea is And then friend of the Pod Josh Pice is the defense attorney, and he's saying that they are pleading general denial. That's what they're pleading. Cabot wants to remove the boy from the home into a facility. His parents cry, they're stressed. Josh says, let him go home. Cabot's like, no, and hello, the victim's family is here today, and we get a look at Carly's mom and she is mad. She is glaring over at Elias, you know, fairly and all of them, and it's not good. And it's again an appropriate level of face you would give if your child was murdered. The judge sends him to a facility and orders some evaluations. The gavel pounds, Sarah Ramiroz cries, please don't take my baby. Carly's mom gives them a dirty look as she walks by the you know, and then the parents hug. Munch walks in with the newspaper and the headline says kill her kid. So Benson's like, yeah, tons of people are outside the courthouse. Everyone's going wild, and Munch I think he's being sarcastic. He goes, yeah, who would have guess people would be against charging a seven year old with murder. He leans back, he opens the paper and then Munch slips in a little dig against Cabot and she walks right in, right on time, and she's like, I didn't want to charge him. I had no choice. Stabler also leaning back in his chair, feed up on his desk. Everyone's really relaxed. So while he's been in jail, has he spilled the beans? Stabler asks about the crime or anything, and it's been the opposite. Kevin says he's completely withdrawn. He won't talk to social workers or anybody. Craigan walks in like, Nope, stop wasting time talking about this. We need to find the adult who left this child near a gun. One of the parents whose kids goes to missus Strada's daycare, Raina mckeerrey, owns a gun. So we're with the mom who's putting her hair up with a giant banana clip. While she's and banana clips are in It's really like watching this episode is a mind fuck. So she tells much that there is no way her son gave a gun to Elias. Munch asks if the gun is still in her possession. She goes, yes, she doesn't want to show it to them, but she pulls it out of her purse.
Speaker 3: They both jump back like whoa. She goes, are you satisfied?
Speaker 1: They make her put the gun on the table and ask why it's loose in her bag.
Speaker 2: She says, you know, she leaves work. She leaves you know, the hospital. She has to take us the subway, a bus and walk four blocks at three am, and she's putting on some lipstick. She's getting ready, you know, classic, She's getting ready while they're trying to get some info out of her. Munch is now like, oh, well, you shouldn't have it in your purse. So she gets sassy and is like, yeah, I leave it at home so the appliances can protect themselves. You have a child living here, they remind her. She calls for her son, Raphael, and he comes out and he's wearing a toy badge.
Speaker 3: So I think this kid is a cop. Lover.
Speaker 2: He tells them he knows Elias and that he popped that little girl. Benson and Stable are at like, you know, talking to a science cop in a lab and they're talking about the guns and the bullets and holy shit, this gun was used in a different crime. There's a second body on that gun. So this case is growing. We go talk to the cop of that other case. Basically the victim is Shorty Esposito Latino Mayo. He got smoked in the ticker right before your case. Like what a sentence. So it was short range and the dude was dumped in an alley blocks from where the kid lives. So they're like, did the kid do this one too? And I get that's like a joke to them, and they're like, he's like no, the shooter is actually four inches taller than the deceased, so it's a grown person. They share infoone files, they cross resperence stuff. There's no like this is my jurisdiction. Oh you don't think I did a good job. There's none of that here. So they got to go find a link between the crimes. So she says, look at his pants, and they're looking at the crime photos and holy shit, those pants are in the drawing Elias drew of the victim, and they're like, that might be the link. So the pants are the link. So he drew a different shooting. It's probably it's not the Carly shooting. So they take the photo to a bodega guy and he's being sarcastic, not helpful, but like, I get it. It's a random guy at the bodega, Like, you can't know everyone. But Stabler decides to do a little theater and picks up the paper and goes, you heard it out this case, And the bodega guy says, who hasn't, And he goes, well, the same gun the boy used was used to kill this guy, So you tell us what you know about this guy. So he's like all right, all right. He's into the mumbo jumbo. He's always coming out of Nests, which is a store across the street. It's a which style store. There's a lot of candles. The store owner calls it Religious supplies. Who is the store owner? But Madonna's baby daddy, Carlos Leone, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was just looking it up, but yes, I was like I recognize him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the father of Lordes and he's also in the episode Wildlife where he plays another.
Speaker 1: Kind of he's like a party promoter yeah.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, and gives coke to the girls. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here, he owns a Sansoria style store. They show him the photo and he goes, yes, that is a customer and Benson says was and they accuse him and he says, you know, goats is the highest in the food chain.
Speaker 3: We go with sacrifice. They want scoop on this dead guy.
Speaker 2: He goes, no, part of our religion is secret, see, and that's freedom of religion and I'm not violating his rights and Benson goes, he's dead, he has no rights. And Taylor then is like, are you a priest? And he gives it up and is like, no, I'm actually an atheist businessman. But there's three hundred thousand people in New York that practice Santaia and they need to shop someplace they can trust. So I'm like, I mean, baby Killer is sad, but this episode is really fucking good. So the foursome meetup outside and are like, honestly, we think he's into drugs and they point across the street at some dealers at work. Finn his narcotics knowledge fills them in. He's like, you know, it's kind of it looks like a scene from the wire. A little boy yells nine one one and Finn goes and that's the lookout. We could have put that together. We didn't need your drug expertise for that.
Speaker 1: But my right was interesting though. He was like, that's the money guy. He never touches the product. I was like, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 1: I what you usually see on these little things are like someone hands the money and someone you know, that palm's a little pocketive white powder or whatever.
Speaker 3: But like this is like a whole lot where there's a separate guy.
Speaker 1: So no one can get held accountable if like for the actual exchange.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm learning, I'm learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the lookout, it's like the lookout. Yeah, yeah, the corner boy, we got that. Yeah. A grocery store owner stops the boy and it's like, come on, let him go, let him run, but they obviously have pass beef, so he runs trying to get involved and the boy says, shut up, old man.
Speaker 3: Finn is like, focus on us. Do you know these people?
Speaker 2: And they show the photos and the ten year old doesn't know who they are. Benson pushes for scoop from the grocery guy. The dealer glares, but this motherfucker is not scared. Gives the names and everything he knows. Elias, he's at the store all the time, but not with this dead guy. With another guy named Sweetness. He's eighteen or nineteen and he has a sweet tooth. Benson and Stabler enter to the squadroom and munches scoop on sweet Tooth.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, So sweet Tooth has placed in foster care at age eight for truancy. Then it turned into shoplifting, then drugs, then larceny, then gun possession. The last person who posted bail for him was his great grandmother, missus Strata, the daycaree.
Speaker 3: Dumb no.
Speaker 2: They go to her, sassy ass and she says that her grandson has nothing to do with this little girl's death. They're like, dude, you know Alia's got a gun, and you know Antonio has a gun and has had gun troubles in the past. She says he has changed, he has gotten his life together. He helps with the kids, he takes them to the park, buys them candy. The kids call him Sweetness. Benson bends down to be like on her level and goes that parking store. He takes them to our known drug corners. That is a drug corner. She looks out the window and goes, I didn't know that, And do you think she did know that? Or no, I don't know regardless, And I think it's like, you're not allowed to let your nef your great grandson just walk off with kids, like to random places like in this daycare scenario. It's bad enough that she's like basically running it from a perch while the kids are down in the courtyard. They can't leave the courtyard. They can't just go on strolls like they have to stay there. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, So that's inside scoop from a daycare user. So Stabler then lets her know a young man named Shorty was shot and killed with the same gun that Elias used. She's starting to act shifty and worried, and they're like, last time your great grandson was arrested was with Shorty, Like they did time together. Where is he tell us she's debating, then says, you understand he had a horrible childhood. Dad's in prison. Mom who knows where the fuck she is? She looks down and says, please don't hurt him. She starts to cry. They enter a building. Benson and Stable are knock on a door asking for Antonio sweetness. Benson says nobody says anything. They open the door, enter the apartment. There's fresh blood. There's blood on the walls, blood everywhere. Stable yells parties down here and starts climbing the fire escape.
Speaker 3: Stairs.
Speaker 2: Down, you can climb down, right yeah? They are running through. No, how would you do how would you say it.
Speaker 1: Going down the stairs or descending the stairs versus a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, descending? So you yeah, so you would go down, you descend down a mountain? Okay, so whatever. He's going down the fire escape. They're running through a courtyard and they find a bleeding man in the trash. His throat is slit and he's bleeding out. He's like, who did this to you? Who did this to you? He whispers with the last bit of energy he hasn't too Stabler's ear machete, which is from Breaking Bad. I feel too right, machete or it could just be a word and Stabler.
Speaker 1: Danny Treyjoe plays a character named Machete Right Yeah, Case and Breaking Bad okay, perfect, No, no, just character.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh but Treyjo isn't breaking bad. Okay, yes, it's tree. Wow, there's a whole series. Yeah, that's like Danny Treyo's big character is. There's three machete movies. Did you know that low Hands in one of them? Oh my god, wait, we gotta get her. But Steven Seagal is too. All right, listen, let's go back to Baby Killer.
Speaker 1: So Stabler is like, my shed, my shed, and I'm over you fucking idiot. People are not getting Spanish. Is like so funny, it's a dig. He's like, my shut up, my shed day. Yeah, we're at the office and the photo of the dead man and the drawing Elias Drew have the same you know, gray camel pants.
Speaker 3: We've discussed this.
Speaker 2: They're like, when he drew this, he wasn't plotting out Carly Jackson's murder. He was drawing this murder that he witnessed. This was a cry for help. Cabot's like, he's been through so many questions, through so many systems, interrogations. Why wouldn't have said anything? Craigan goes, well, I mean these are drug dealers and killers. They scare the kid. The kid might be scared. Benson and Stabler are like, fuck, we need to talk to him. Cabot says, the judge let him go home, so he is home. Craigan tells them to go get that info. They rush to the house. The mom's obviously like, you got some nerve, and the lawyer, Josh is like, they're prisoners in their own home. It's been awful for them, protesters, death threats, Social services want to take their daughter away and they're like, we're not letting you talk to him. To pin something else on him, and Benson goes, no, we believe that your son witnessed a murder. And they're like what, and they show the drawing. The mom goes, oh my god. So they lead the detectives to Elias. Stabler walks in and they all stand in the doorway and watch, and Stabler tries connecting with the kid who wants to be silent. Stablor calls him big guy. That must work. So Stabler goes, listen, you've been dragged into something. We talk to sweetness, and we know that you've been slinging for him. He asks, what did you do with all the money he gives you? You know, did you buy Kicks Crans video games? He still says nothing. Staber's like, come on, Elias talk and like, you know, begging him, like let's fix this, let's fix this. So finally Elias goes, he puts little bottles in my pockets. So that's the first time we hear him speak. Stabler says, nice work. Now let's talk about the gun. Okay, tell me about this. Alias says, he told me to stay in the room, and I didn't. I saw him shoot the man. What's at the end of the gun, And we finally know what I thought was a folder is a pillow. And he goes, you could hardly hear the bam. Stabler asks why did Sweetness shoot Shorty? He says he didn't. The guy holding the gun is machete, and then Staelor goes, machete. He doesn't know who this machete guy is, but he did hear Shorty cry for help, like, please stop, machete, please don't do this. Sablor's eyes open wide. Then what happened? He heard sirens and machete ran away. Sweetness hit the gun in the couch and got a big suitcase, and Elias hid in the closet because he was scared and he heard them leave. Stabler asks why he took the gun, and he's like, I didn't want him to kill me too. So Stabler then asks where did this happen and he goes, well, my sister was in the hospital, so he was at missus Strata's fucking house. So they're going to go back there again. They asked her where she was Sunday night between ten pm and midnight. She goes, I take meds, and they knock me the fuck out. I was sleeping, so she knows nothing. They're all going through the apartment hardcore. There's no traces of blood yet, but one pillow is missing. How would they ever fucking know that? Like, how do you know how many pillows someone has? And they turned the lights out and we see the blood glow and we see the blood glow of like imprints of a wheels of a suitcase. So he put Shorty in the suitcase and ran out. So they go to the fifteenth Precincts and probably see, like, you know, to check out how they handle this case.
Speaker 3: So this dude is like, oh, yeah, it was a party. It got out of hand.
Speaker 2: There was a knife, a brawl and he took thirty five statements. He stops everyone who left the building, and the cop shares all thirty five interviews and we're working to see if he knows any of them. Elias recognized two of the people, but Alias said it wasn't machete, and they're like, who the fuck is this guy? So then they come up with the most crazy plan I've ever seen an SVU. This would not work and it's not Halloween. They put Elias in like a pig mask, and they're like, we're just gonna walk around the neighborhood and you can squeeze my hand when you see who machete is what like.
Speaker 1: But I remember this like so well from when this was first on, Like I remember this being like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that kid must be so terrified.
Speaker 1: But they have him in this like we pig mask and they just like bring him around for like to a like what could be a drug corner or like a drug front.
Speaker 3: We have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's like everyone's gonna know who that little child is. They see him all the time, they know the case is happening. But also, why are these obvious cops have a kid with a mask on like it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not like walking with an uncle, like if they had him walking with like I don't know one guy to be like undercover. But it's like he just walks in with a crowd of cops wearing a mask. It's so like, what would stop this guy just from shooting him right in the fucking face and like killing him so they can't talk. Yeah, blowing his little pig mask right off. It's so fucked up. So, but that's that's the play they came up with. So Stabler says, keep your head down, don't say a word, just squeeze my hand when you see machete.
Speaker 3: I do like saying it.
Speaker 2: I enter the Sansoria shop, Madonna's X walks out. He grabs his hand hard like so the squeeze is happening. So Carlos Leone is fucking machetes. The santor Ria guy is. Actually this is a drug done. The candles are No one is religious in this.
Speaker 1: It's a great fat though, because it's like he can claim all this religious freedom that we're being persecuted because people don't like Santa Ria or whatever, and you can just do all your business that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they take him out, They put cuffs on him, they arrest his ass. He tries to bribe them. He goes look in the freezer. There's tons of cash in the freezer. You know, big mistake. These are not the cops that will do that. They drag his ass out of the witch shop and so we open back up at the office of doctor Elizabeth. I'll a vet and this, I would say, is like B. D. Wong before B. D. Wong, you know right, I'll a vet And she's like, you can talk now. Machete is in jail. She's like, I heard, you know from the streets that you're a very good artist. And he's like, yeah, you know, I am. He's trying to be humble, but he knows he's good. So she asked him to draw what happened that day at the schoolyard. He starts drawing it's a big face with its mouth open wide and she's like, oh, is that.
Speaker 3: You You're really scared? Why are you scared?
Speaker 2: And he's like, I saw them behind the fence, machete in them. He says, they came to hurt me too, And like, do you think they went to scare him or kill him because they knew that he was in the closet.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like, great question. I think he's right to be scared. Yeah, because they probably know that he was there. I'm sure they were going to kill him. No one's trusting a seven year old to keep their mouth shut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam, he says, I saw them from behind the fence. Damn, that's so scary. Elias, who were you shooting at? And he goes, I was shooting at machete. I didn't shoot Carly, What's going to happen to me? So she asked, what do you think should happen to you? He starts drawing red all around him. It's red flames. He thinks he's going to hell he wants. He says, he thinks he deserves to burn in hell for what he did. So Cabot's waiting for the gray haired man in charge that wants to see this child burn. He says, I know why you're here, and no, you cannot have the machete case. I gave that to McCoy. Cabot's like, I'm not here to pick up a case, I'm here to drop one. And he's like, no, we cannot give this kid of pass. She says, we wouldn't have gotten Machete without him. He says, it doesn't bring back Carly Jackson Cab. It's like her death is a tragedy, but this was self defense. Machete and his gang were at the school playground. There are knocks on the door, phones are ringing. It's really a wild day. And they both had out walking and he's like, fine, do manslaughter And she's like, I don't want to prosecute this child for like a bunch of a series of society's mistakes. So and Elias's family is HMO wouldn't cover their daughter's condition, forcing them to work two jobs, so they had to find affordable daycare. So they put him in an illegal daycare where an eighty two year old woman is looking after fifteen children and her great grandson was using him as a drug runner and giving him access to a loaded gun. And this boy should not be put away. And he responds nobody in sing sing has a great childhood, Like if you start killing at seven, what happens next?
Speaker 1: I hate this man so fucking much. You know, I don't need to have I don't even know why I need to stop to say it.
Speaker 3: But like, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, things are bad and sing sing, so let's just keep perpetuating the cycle.
Speaker 3: What like it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Like he's like, he's not even listening to what she's saying, and it is fucked like people don't have childcare.
Speaker 3: Options, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She screams, you are unbelievable. He goes, Nope, I'm second in command and I have Lewin's full support on this. He goes, Listen, people know what happened, and people want justice, and I need someone held responsible. He runs off to do a press conference and he goes, justice is gonna be served, YadA, YadA, and then he passes the buck to Cabot feeds.
Speaker 3: Her to the media.
Speaker 2: Wolves She looks shocked, so many questions thrown at her. A journalist asks, you know, it's a Latino boy that shot a black girl. If you don't act on this, you know it's gonna be racially tense in the neighborhood. You guys don't care about black lives. The gray Man, he's grinning, evil Rumpel, still skin evil, evil grin. She says that this was not racially motivated at all, and even to try to slant it that way is messed up.
Speaker 3: That's our podcast. Hello.
Speaker 2: It pulls away and we see that she is on the TV and Munch is like, damn, they young are out to dry. It's a lose lose half the city's gonna hate her no matter what. They feel bad for her. Staylor says, the boy has been expelled and the state has sent a tutor, and they're like, oh my god, don't let that get out.
Speaker 3: People will be mad. He has a tutor.
Speaker 2: Benson asked Craigan, is there anything they can do to help Cabot, and he's like, it's out of our hands. So Cabot is now with all of it, and she's like, oh my god, fuck, my career is on the line, and all of it's like okay, so is the little boy's future. And she says, I haven't forgotten about him, trust me. But she can't believe he did that.
Speaker 1: To her, like you know, this lemony snake of guy, and she's and all of Vet's like, yeah, it's the old boys Club.
Speaker 2: Why do you think I left here? And Cabot's like okay, but what would you do? Like can you help me out? What should I do? And she's like, I can't discuss particulars with you. I've been hired by the defense on retainer. And she's like, but I would put him in supervised counseling. Cabot says, that's not gonna satiate the public's bloodless. Every one needs to be punished, and she's like, actually, you can bring upon peace instead of punishment, and that makes Cabot think we're at the capacity hearing. It's a lady on the stand talking how the boy clearly knows the difference between right and wrong and from the time he pulled the trigger, he knew what he was doing and wanted to cause death or physical harm to those men. Now it's a man on the stand and he reminds me of a queen who would have like dogs competing at a dog show. For sure, he looks like he is brushing a dog right now. And he says, the boy understands the role of a judge in what's going on here, the role of the court, the attorney. He understands like how to defend himself. And now Olivet's on the stand and she's like, yeah, I agree with everyone, but in my assessment, the miner knows it was wrong, but at the time he pulled the trigger, he was not.
Speaker 3: Cabbot goes to Olivet.
Speaker 2: She brings up the drawing about the hell and how he thinks he belongs in hell, and she goes, yeah, that's like my point, Like he's still a kid. You know, the doctor knows kids that think they're going to hell for telling a fib These are still children. Cabbot asks, how do you explain his laps in judgment at the time he pulled the trigger, and she says it was mortal fear.
Speaker 3: He was imitating behavior.
Speaker 2: He saw these men swing guns around to scare people, and he wanted them to go away. He was imitating behavior without fully understanding it. And they cut to Carly's angry mom in the stands obviously, and it's really sad for her, and she says, he's seven years old, Like even if he understands what a core is or what a judge is, or right and wrong, it's as much as a seven year old can understand it. He is a tiny baby. So anyways, the judge looks him up and down. She's side eyeing the ladies. Cabot then says, the people defer to doctor Olive's findings that the miner lacked the capacity to understand the consequences of his actions and therefore should not be held responsible.
Speaker 3: And then we go back to Carly's mom.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking and you know, great facial acting, like to be able to act without any.
Speaker 3: Lines to exhibit, like grief. I don't know. Tough job.
Speaker 2: So Elias's parents look more shocked than relieved at first. The judge is like, excuse me, the people are with drawing charges and she's like, he lacked the mensraa to commit a crime and that's a legally blonde term, okay a, And she says, so we will not pursue the case. His parents cry with joy. Carly's mom looks uncomfortable and doesn't know how to feel. She's looking around and I don't know, this is very tough to watch. Cabot is being surrounded outside by the press and is like, I know a lot of you don't agree with what happened, but there's something I'd like you to hear. A black man from the crowd yells another killed black person, and like someone gets free. This is fucked, and she responds, the cycle of violence has got to stop somewhere, let it be here, and then Carly's mom walks forward. She introduces herself to the media frenzy, I know you're all here out of concern, and I thank you, but I have a favor to ask. Go home, take care of your children. And she walks off, barely able to stand up straight or breathe. So Cabot walks into the squad room and they all hail her a hero and congrat her and Stabler and company are there and they're like, we're gonna go to mcmullens for a drink, but the phone rings first.
Speaker 3: You know this isn't good. Craigan answers.
Speaker 2: Finn Is like, wait, you come in, and he you come in to the bar, Craigan, I know you're sober. You come in for a milk bro or what? And he slowly hangs up the phone. And then we're just at a crime scene. The neighbors jumped in would have killed him if we hadn't been a block away. Benson and Stabler walk and the uniform cop says the killer is twelve, he was an outraged citizen and goes by the name TJ. And then so, yeah, Elias is fucking dead. Oh, it's so sad. It's this little baby on the ground. Oh my god, Elias is shot on the ground dead. A young twelve year old is being taken away in handcuffs and he yells, you can't kill a sister and just walk. He gets stuffed into a cop car. Benson says, the cycle never ends, does it? Then Stabler says, welcome to the Gaza strip like.
Speaker 3: Years ago.
Speaker 2: It's like this show is always like ahead of time, behind its time, works in cycle, always relevant sometimes like it is just yeah, but like there goes a twelve year old kid that's gonna spend his life in jail.
Speaker 3: Like it's horrible. It's like the whole thing is horrible.
Speaker 1: And now two kids are dead, like and it's like dr violy wish this twelve year old did not do that.
Speaker 3: Here's what I don't get though.
Speaker 1: I don't really get why cab it can just be like give it up, Like, isn't she gonna get in trouble for her boss.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like, let's go have a drink.
Speaker 1: We did it, and it's like, but you dropped the case and your boss said you had to try the case.
Speaker 3: Well she did. She she tried it and then decided.
Speaker 1: I know, I just I still feel like I thought I thought there would be a line about her being like, well I'm gonna get my ass handed to me but whatever or what you know, like but instead it was all like you nailed it, let's go shots on me, and like it just I felt like she was still gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 3: But you know, maybe mens Rea is like a more I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also, having Carly's mom sort of speak to the crowd was like a good, like pr move on her part, So maybe that's like.
Speaker 3: What they're talking about.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but yeah, him bringing up the Gaza strip at this point in time this episode, you know, coming out while this everything's happening is really wild. But you know, keep your sadness, keep your sadness level at a high, because we'll be right back with the real story. And you know, just after a few messages from our sponsors, Okay, so we are back and this case is sad, you know, it is this case of Kayla Rowland. Kayla Renee Rowland lived in Morris Township, Michigan, which is just north of Flint, Michigan. She was only six years old in February of two thousand when she was shot by a classmate at THEO. J.
Speaker 3: Buell Elementary School.
Speaker 1: And he was another six year old, Like, honestly, Elias is seven, This is another six year old. They're in first grade. The boy's father was in prison for parole violation. Previous arrests included possession of cocaine and burglary. His mom had was working two jobs, like a lot like this family, like trying to you know, make ends meet. But she was evicted from her place of living because she was only making one hundred and seventy five dollars a week and could not pay the rent. So she and her two sons went to live with her brother, and the shooter and his eight year old brother shared a sofa at their uncle's house. And the uncle's house is allegedly a house where a lot of drugs and guns are around.
Speaker 3: One article called it a crack house.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's like an appropriate term or what qualifies that, but that's what, you know, the kind of living situation he was in. This kid already had behavioral problems. This is like different from the episode Elias was like apparently this little angel, this kid had behavioral problems, was in detention all the time for swearing, hitting, flipping the bird. Weeks before the shooting, he stabbed a classmate with a pencil, and he had attacked Kayla before, and the day before her death he had tried kissing her and was rejected and that made him mad. And again, they're six years old, so not sure when it was hard. Nobody really knows when. But at some point, this six year old boy found a loaded thirty two caliber handgun in a Puma shoe box at his uncle's house.
Speaker 3: He brought it to school along with a knife.
Speaker 1: During passing time, he said to Kayla, I don't like you, before shooting her in front of a teacher and two dozen other students. She was shot once in the shoulder, but it like tore through her chest and hit a vital organ because she was shot a few minutes before ten am, and she was pronounced dead at the hospital by ten to nine am. So she here was this two thousand the beginning of the same year. This episode came out at the beginning of the year. Yeah, really horrible. The shooter put the gun in a desk after the shooting and simply walked away is what I read.
Speaker 3: Police said they talked to the boy.
Speaker 1: He did not cry, and when he was finished talking to the police, he just sat and drew pictures. Authorities, but this sounds like a boy that's seen a lot of bad shit, been through a lot of bad shit, and is hardened, you know, like, and probably also doesn't fully grasp what he's done. Authorities said the boy did not seem to get what happened. At a news conference, the Genesee County Prosecutor Arthur A. Bush said, quote, it was their impression, the investigators that the boy didn't understand what he had done and did not appreciate the consequences of his actions, and appeared to take this as some sort of well that this just kind of happens like on television. This is a young boy six years old who cannot obviously form criminal intent. He does not seem to understand the gravity of the event.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: He also commented, quote, he was treating it as if it a toy, because I don't think he had too many toys, which that seems like not I don't think that's relevant. But the boy was not charged with murder because of his age, and was released to the custody of an aunt and this case, and I believe with his sister and brother, he went with the aunt. This case obviously got a ton of attention because of how young the victim and the shooter were at the time. Kayla was the youngest school shooting victim in the US, but that was before Sandy Hook happened in twenty twelve, ten years later, twelve years later, with almost no change, and then a picture of Kayla in a Winnie the Poo Tee shirt was like on the cover of Newsweek, and the story was featured in a lot of national magazines, Like you know.
Speaker 3: Kids, you remember it is I don't remember this happening. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I was in college. Actually I was in college, and yeah, it's so bad, but I don't remember this happening. The boy being so young was also tragic. But also it's so tragic that nothing has changed, Like in this year, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Three, a six year old just shot his teacher.
Speaker 1: In Virginia, So it's like been twenty three years later, the same stuff as happening. The shooter's mother was named Tamarla Owens. She was originally charged with child neglect, but that case was eventually dismissed. Jamelle James was a nineteen year old man living in the home with the shooter's uncle, and he was the owner of the gun that killed Kayla. He pleaded no contest to involuntary manslaughter and he did get two to fifteen years and he served two and a half. So he kind of said in court like he didn't plead guilty, but he pleaded no contests, like he took response, he's like, I get I have to do time for this. Buell Elementary closed in two thousand and two. Two years later due to dwindling enrollments stressed finances, the campus was damaged by arson and five and demolished in two thousand and nine. Michael Moore, who was actually from Flint, referenced Kayla's murder in the movie Bowling for Columbine, which was, you know, his attempt to convince our sick fucking country to make stricter gun laws. And then Kayla became the face of the gun control debate for a while. President Clinton promised the mother quote as president, I'm going to do everything I can to see that this doesn't happen to other children.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: He met with congressional leaders the week after Kayla's death and asked how many people have to get killed before we do something? And it's like, oh, you have no idea, Like the numbers just going to keep growing and climbing and for the next two decades. And but a year later Clinton was out of office, George W. Bush was in some legislation called Kayla's Law, which had proposed a federal waiting period for firearms purchased at gun shows, had gone nowhere, And you know, we are where we are. So that's the fucked up case that this is based on.
Speaker 3: I mean, it didn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have like the drug angle, but just the angle of children getting their hands on guns. And my friend actually who listens to the podcast, my lovely friend, she wrote me because we talked about this on another episode and like about how you talk to parents about how you find out when there's a gun in the home of like kids, because I I think I was talking about it on the podcast, being like how am I going to handle that? And she was like, the way I actually do it is like, hey, I just want to know if you have a gun, is it locked up? Like not to judge anyone for having a gun, you know more, just like is the gun locked up if you have it? And she said it has actually sparked a lot of great conversations with parents and stuff. So I'm looking forward to when I don't send my kids on play dates alone yet because.
Speaker 3: They're too young and out of control.
Speaker 1: But when that starts to happen, you know, it's a good, good thing to ask, a necessary thing to ask. So we will be back in moments with our post mortem. All right, let's get into our post mortem. I mean, what a sad sad episode? This is really like I think I said get ready to get sad in one of our very first episodes, and a few people along the lines have asked us for that merch. And if you're gonna wear it watching any episode, it's this one. It really starts bad, continues to be bad, ends bad.
Speaker 2: We should do that, though, I know that's good murder, that's a good idea. Yeah, well, time to get sad? You get ready to get sad? Ready, get ready to get sad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I mean, honestly, all in all, it's like just the gun sickness in our country is obviously horrific, and we can't let guns get into the hands of small children because this is what happens. And I don't know. I know that seems like pretty obvious, slow hanging fruit message for the show, but that's just how I feel that, Like, if you have a gun, it needs to be locked up, YadA YadA. I think everybody should have to take a fucking training course to use one. To be honest, we have to take a training course to use a car. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The gun nuts are always in la la land with their arguments and what ifs, and it's like, at the end of the day, so easy.
Speaker 3: A gun should be just like a car.
Speaker 2: You want a license to have a gun, you got to take a test and practice and are written and then you can get it. And guess what if you have two duys or you beat your wife, you.
Speaker 3: Don't get it. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't understand how it's just like a free for all. It's because that people will be like, why would I have to get a test, Like, well, I've been shooting since I was too Then the test will be easy for you to pass. The test will be so easy. Get in there, take it. You don't even have to study you know how to use a gun so good. But yeah, it's never like, you know, it's crazy, Like have you ever considered having a gun? When I first moved to New York City by myself, I was like twenty four, and I was like, twenty a gun, Like I thought, maybe a tiny little one for like my bedside table. And then I was like, what are you fucking It was like a flicker of a thought, and I was like, never in a million years should I have a gun. Also, I never felt unsafe in New York City. I think it was just I had just moved there and I'd like watched too many movies and was like, what do I do if somebody like tries to get into my apartment? Never happened, Like, it's just you know, I just I'm confessing right now that at the age of twenty four, I had a flicker of a thought of getting like a cute little pink gun or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh if you if the thought of a pink gun has never crossed.
Speaker 3: Your mind, you're a liar. You're a liar. There's no way.
Speaker 2: Also, like the little gun from Men in Blacks showed you that little guns have lots of power. Yeah, but I never had mace.
Speaker 1: I never had anything in New York. I never even had like a pointy key ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wish I did, honestly.
Speaker 2: But someone was telling me that the keys between the fingers is actually a bad idea because if you punch, the key can like rip your skin in the middle and it actually like fucks up your fingers.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yeah, I'm sure a rapist taught us how to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also like yeah, but also, don't you think rip your fingers?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: At least you get like a key in somebody's eyeball or whatever.
Speaker 3: There was more like we have to we have to read about it, okay, but.
Speaker 1: It's like how it's like how like you're not supposed to like put your thumb inside the fist when you punch. You know you're gonna the rapists start giving us bad advice how to defend ourselves.
Speaker 3: But I think bear mace I would do.
Speaker 2: I'm into I think about a gun all the time because when the world, you know, who knows what's Sorry to bring this up, but the election is a nightmare and depending on what happens, Unfortunately a lot of people I don't agree with have guns, so like we need guns. I think about the end of the world and having a gun all the time. Yeah, I think about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not a person that says, let's get rid of all the guns. I'm not, like, you know, I just like wanted to be regulated in some fucking kind of way. Jesus, I don't think anybody needs a R fifteen's But that's me.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is like old news, and I guess this is more of an intro than a post mortem topic.
Speaker 1: But you know, we had our holiday party. We saw Casey. Yeah, we saw Casey in person. We did I mostly corner Dave Holmes, oh yeah, and I played and I played bowl, I played bowling.
Speaker 3: I bowled with him and his husband and I love them.
Speaker 2: I someone else tried to come talk to me, and I was like, no, I have day Ulms here and I'm gonna stick with him.
Speaker 1: I was deathly hungover for three days. I was telling Casey before you got on the zoom, like, oh my god, my problem is. I went to a kid playdate where I love the moms, and so we had a couple glasses of wine together and then I was like, okay, gotta go going to my holiday party. Went and like went to the holiday party as if I was sober, because I wasn't feeling anything. But those two glasses of wine are still in your system. And then I just proceeded to start from scratching my mind and just drink all night. And then Thursday was I did almost nothing. I like caught up on all my housewives and like light on the couch like a dead seal.
Speaker 3: Sorry if that's a bad image. I just was like a beached whale.
Speaker 1: And then I then I that night, I went out to dinner with people, did not drink. I had Shirley temples. I did Alisa, I had Shirley temples. Then I went the next night to a party, did not touch a bounce of alcohol, Like I just could not do it. And then finally on the fourth night when I had another holiday party, I had two glasses of wine the entire evening and I went to two parties. I was just like, I'm not fucking with alcohol right now.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I I don't, you know, I don't get hungover much, and when I do, it's the feeling stays in my system.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah, because when you texted me, it was like quite early in the day and you had already watched two episodes of Bravo and I go, this isn't.
Speaker 3: This isn't Kara what Yeah the morning because I kind of canceled everything I had to do and was like I'm gonna die.
Speaker 2: But also I didn't make it to that one party that I wanted to go to. Were their celeb sidings. There were, but it wasn't as star studded as last year. I had a great time, but it was.
Speaker 1: There was still our favorite bravohead Jerry O'Connell, but he was not there with his wife this time, and the instinct member that we saw last year, Lands Bass, was not in attendance. But it's like fun. I talk to Brian Safie for a while. You know, it's like fun. People are at it. But once again, if you're a Rona and Beverly person, I saw Beverly from across the party and had a perfect opportunity to go up and introduce myself and never did. And now I have to wait another calendar year to try to do it because I love her so much and I really want to meet her.
Speaker 3: But I was too I was like two. I felt weird. I just didn't do it. Yeah, so I got to go with your heart. It's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people have any effects on you and you can't really control it. I know because I Yeah, I was kind of waiting for something to happen naturally, but it's like it's a massive party that's not happening.
Speaker 2: But oh sorry, I was gonna bring it back to our episode. No, I was gonna say universal child care for all. Yes, if there was universal child care, there would be so many problems that are that are happening. And I've been having veep on in the background of my life lately, and it's like she wanted to go for universal childcare and she couldn't, and it's like, yeah, what the fuck take care of the kid.
Speaker 3: If you want everyone working take care of the kids, then like do something. Shit. Yeah, oh, I will say.
Speaker 1: At the second party that I went to, I saw an La specific celebrity sighting that was one of the Nithia Raman, one of the city council women who I like love, and I was like, I.
Speaker 3: Go, is that Nythiat?
Speaker 1: Like she was like the biggest celeb at this party, and there were other celebs at this party like, it was so funny, and I met her husband, but I didn't meet her, but it was it was fun. Anyway, let's get into this week's what would Sister Peg Do? This is our weekly segment where we direct you towards an organization a blog post.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, I say blog post. It sounds so like two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Seven article book something to give you more info about what we talked about today and this week, I wanted to just point you guys to the organization Mom's Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. I follow them on Instagram. They I support a lot of what they do. They are an American grassroots movement dedicated to passing stronger gun laws and closing legal loopholes for gun ownership. They also work with communities and business leaders to encourage a culture responsible gun ownership and I love what they do. So to volunteer or donate, head on over to Mom's Demand Action dot org. That will be posted the data this episode comes out on our Instagram in the stories and then saved forever in our WWSPD highlight. Amazing, Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 2: And it's fucked, but it does remind me of stop or my mom will shoot, even though it's the opposite sentiment. Okay, so does that make sense? Not at all? Okay, you didn't react at all. No, I'm sorry I was. I made a joke that wasn't that good. But you also just didn't react at all.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry. I was looking down.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize we had an ad to record, so I was looking down and seeing it.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry I was. I should be listening. I'm sorry. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I just said it's not right, but it reminds me of stop or my mom will shoot, but it is the opposite sentiment.
Speaker 1: But that's it. It's just so, that's all I thought of. But you were silent, so I obviously got in my fat Yeah, the office, it's.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, okay, okay, that's so funny. Okay, wait, did you already say next week's episode? Not at all?
Speaker 2: Next week episode is dependent? Season eight, episode fourteen, dependent, kind of how your parents had you on their Texas for longer than you would like to admit. We'll see you guys next week. We're obsessed with all of you. But also tell a friend to listen.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, let's go Yeah, let's get the fucking word out.
Speaker 3: Guys. All right, we love you, See you next week.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an Exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Carolank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina.
Speaker 1: Chamberlain, and to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song, and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstart, Karen Kilgarriff, Danielle Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun dun