Speaker 1: Yeah, man, what I did I miss anything? I wasn't. Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see, dude, I can't even believe the like, just everything that fucking happened. Like while you were gone, Miles.
Speaker 1: Last week we spoke the debate was about to happen. We thought we thought Trump might back out at the last second because he was scared of buy debate skills because he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be on coke. And next thing I know, I'm like, dude, I wish this guy was doing.
Speaker 1: I wish he was on all the coke man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What uh?
Speaker 1: I think the last thing I said to you was like, I'll be back right after Trump is sentenced, so maybe like we'll be talking about this this guy going to jail, right.
Speaker 3: I mean like, yeah, we got we got the debate, the subsequent fallout, Dems in disarray, as you love. That was just the last Dems in absolute disarray, trying to figure this one out.
Speaker 1: And then just right they finally got the mainstream media finally got their down race story this one maybe absolutely, and then the back end Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then this weekend. That's how I was telling That's why I texted you. I was like, dude, stay out a few more weeks. Just like, if this is what happens when you're out for two weeks, what happens if you're out for.
Speaker 2: Four It's it's just gonna Controy is like on course to like hit the earth.
Speaker 1: Is the only thing that's going to bring this thing back on track.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Well, then it's like America drops out too much.
Speaker 1: It was my near death experience as a Hello the Internet, and welcome back to this episode of Guys. Yeah, wow, I'm Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: I'm back. I was.
Speaker 1: I was away for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Back O'Brien, Back.
Speaker 1: O'Brien, and things are different, things feel a little different since.
Speaker 2: We got back. What was the last thing you remembered? I know you were trying not to read the news. It was the last thing.
Speaker 1: So all right, so I'm just picking up blind here. I'm just doing a cold read here. So last thing we talked about, Miles, you and I is you were saying that, you know, there was speculation that Trump might not show up to the debate because he was so scared of how hype Biden was going to be. It's not like wired, this man was going to be.
Speaker 2: And then you know he didn't see the debate.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I missed the debate, but I'm sure you know, not much news there.
Speaker 2: And then there's.
Speaker 1: Also the idea that uh Trump was going to be sentenced to you know.
Speaker 2: There was there was that, Yes, there was that too. See anything this week? Did you check anything this weekend?
Speaker 1: Na?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I was just chilling leg je leg, just looking at I have a I have a great slide show for everyone. So I'm hoping there wasn't too much news going on because I got a lot of well, I got basically a travelogue to go through with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think we need to study what is happening like in the cosmos when you go out, because I can't. I honestly, all jokes aside, because you do know what habit. I can't believe how much fucking how much.
Speaker 1: The last time I left the country, went to Guatemala, the Will Smith slapped Chris Rock and I thought that was big news.
Speaker 2: I thought I missing big news that time increasing returns. Jesus.
Speaker 3: If that's then the next time you go, the earth may just end or something.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying any like the attempted assassination or the Biden losing the complete confidence of the entire voting public. Like I'm not saying those on their own are as big as the oscars slap, but like together, they're pretty you know, they're.
Speaker 2: We're thinking about thinking about.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, Well, thank you for holding it down.
Speaker 2: While I was barely man barely.
Speaker 1: No, it sounded fun. I checked in a couple of times.
Speaker 2: You guys are great, barely bare we were barely hanging on every day. I'm like squinting my eyes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Jeffrey Katzenberg thinks Oprah and Stephen Cole bart are in Canada.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, we're fucked.
Speaker 1: Where are we on the on the Biden the like, that's just it's sailed. He's gonna hang on. He's still gonna try to be president. Basically there's still threats.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, honestly, the the DNC, man, you had fucking years to sort this out, Like, so what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: And like I think for most people, the entire you know, election has been framed to people as like not Trump. So it's not even Biden specific, it's just the emphasis is that it's not Trump. So who knows. I mean, yeah, obviously seeing someone uh clearly struggling as they you know, go off into the sunset of their life, isn't uh something that that brings much confidence when looking at.
Speaker 2: The next powerful person. But yeah, you okay, I could care less about the Dems struggling.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's where we're gonna go with. All right, vote Biden.
Speaker 3: But the high the highlights have been I mean, or the headlines have definitely died now because like last time I saw, it's like, yo, Hollywood, donors will withhold ninety million unless he backs down. Although here's the thing, this assassination attempt may have completely taken the wind out of the sales of like the discussion around Biden as candidate or not, Like everything is now completely consumed with the shooting on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah understandably, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're obviously going to get into the events over the weekend. First, we like to check in with you with ourselves, get let you guys to know us a little bit better by telling you stuff we think is overrated, stuff we think is underrated. Miles, do you have something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated?
Speaker 3: For me, the idea that if you're like an omnivore meat eating person that eating vegetarian or increasing your vegetarian or vegetable intake as like your part of your diet is hard.
Speaker 2: I think that is overrated.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not a full vegetarian, but I have been more and more like conscious about how much meat I'm eating, and I love vegetables. So I'm not coming from a place I'm like.
Speaker 2: Ew vegetarian or vegan food.
Speaker 3: No, this is more about like bringing like a balance to my diet, and I try and have like so, the thing I've been doing is I've been having my lunch be vegetarian.
Speaker 2: I eat a vegetarian lunch every day during the week.
Speaker 3: And by doing this consistently, well yeah, but it's like it's but even just this, with this one small trick, I have drastic ciles.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you, doctors do not want you to tell listeners.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to say it, bro, I'm just I mean, vegetables for lunch. That's That's how I'm doing it. But yeah, it's drastically just statistically already. Ranch is that what?
Speaker 3: Just a pin, ranch, a pipe, a pint glass full of ranch, and four carrot sticks and that's my lunch every day.
Speaker 2: It's super healthy.
Speaker 3: But like, so when I can have vegetables for lunch, I try and emphasize that more at dinners, that's more vegetable focus. But I used to think it would just take this like massive amount of discipline, because I like I always just naturally had this like craving for some kind of like animal protein or something like only.
Speaker 2: Have some fish or chick or me or whatever.
Speaker 3: But it was much easier just for me to be like, what is a vegetarian vegan dish that I really like and be like, let me cut out the fucking you know, decision making paralysis of trying to decide what I go need for lunch and be like, I'll just eat that for lunch, like I love I love I love.
Speaker 2: Beans of it all forms. So like I'm making lentils and shit, just fucking throw down a fucking big bowl of beans and shit, Oh.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's hardy, it feels it's satisfying. I don't have any Yeah, it's great. And now boom you.
Speaker 1: Go, you go three beans on that ass big bull beans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, be cubed, baby. They know to the third power cuban Be. That's what they call me, cuban Be. But yeah, and so I had my body tested. The doctor said I had the blood of a thirty six year old, so pretty big for me. I'm about to be forty, so you know real, no heard that, but I need to get that check because like, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I have heard people be like, yeah, they actually said I.
Speaker 2: Have the liver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone who's six months younger than I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we talked about this with that one guy who is like the obsessed with anti aging dude, and he's like, I have the fucking you know, plat blood plasma of an infant or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like what two year old's the basis for that?
Speaker 2: We still don't like what are we even saying is the ground level anyway?
Speaker 3: So like I said, if you like, you know, if you're trying to do that, eat a little bit less meat, because I just I look at also like digestive issues that people having and like cancer rates and things like that around are like heavy meat diets.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm as I get closer to or I'm middle aged, I guess, yeah, that's what the kids say.
Speaker 1: Uh, I guess just talking the vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Lunch now, and I'm it makes things a lot easier.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm coming the day after like JFK's assassination. People are looking at the Zappruterer film and I'm like, look at the pictures from my look at the slideshow from my vacation.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is hold on, hold, this is a this is a lego museum.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, my overrated the seven elevens in our country. I was in Copenhagen, and first of all, they have like seven eleven just like took over all their corner stores, every everything seven eleven adjacent has become a seven elevee. So it's like one of the first things you noticed in this wonderful city that's just like all you know, bike lanes and beautiful canals that you can just like swim in. And then it's just an overwhelming number of seven elevens. And you know, while I was in the city, I was not stopping at it at every seven eleven, but stuck at the airport, you know, get it, got got the got to the airport a little early, and there was a seven eleven there and I made like six trips to that seven eleven, Like I got a pastry and a ham sandwich, and.
Speaker 2: That ship was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I and that, So I just kept going back, eating ham and butter sandwiches from.
Speaker 2: The airport reservations at this great restaurant. Now I gotta go to the airport. Man the airport for four days.
Speaker 1: I'm just imagining someone coming to Los Angeles from Denmark and like going into one of our seven elevens and just being yeah, I mean the Mad Max is this like a Mad Max post apocalypse.
Speaker 2: They're probably like, wow, America really is going to ship yeah seven like that.
Speaker 1: It's really where you see it, Like, yeah, seven eleven's was like you know our speed, you know, slushies and things on rollers like I assumed that we did at least did that, Okay, right, turns out no.
Speaker 3: I mean this is the same thing, like like people when they go to Japan too, and they have like Japanese seven eleven the convenience stores in Japan.
Speaker 1: Remember you interesting me that and I but I did not.
Speaker 2: Oh you're even good.
Speaker 1: I don't believe anything you said. No, it's one of those things you have to experience for yourself, but like the the level of like a really good seven eleven.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting is now, I'm pretty sure Japanese company owns seven eleven now, and they are they're looking at American seven elevens and go, no, no, no, we're down, Like no, they're gonna they're basically I'm pretty sure like they are re sort of configuring seven elevens in the US to be more in line with how they are like in Japan.
Speaker 1: It all smells like band aids and like burnt hair, So that would be the first place that I would start up elevens.
Speaker 3: Mine's mostly like burnt rubber, like someone was doing donuts in a car, like inside some of them step in and you're like with someone doing donuts, I mean, I don't see the room for it, but that's exactly what smells like a burnt rubber.
Speaker 2: But yeah, of dirt everywhere. Yeah, it's coming though, The change is coming.
Speaker 3: So it's good that you pointed that out because there was a there are a few news articles that came on the last month where they're like the parent company is like no, no, no, like we need to have like food that like people want to buy rather mean like, yeah, man, you want Livingston wine, some batteries, Like obviously they'll have those things, but like the draw should be you can come and get something good and right now.
Speaker 1: It's like an open air vending machine, you know, like they they have like all the things you can get in a vending machine, just like but but yeah, no they it's like a I'm not going to call it a restaurant, but it's uh, it was good. I'm just saying Wet Miles was something you thinks underrated.
Speaker 3: Underrated, So I I talk I've talked before about like taking a hot shower, like a warm bath, like when I need to kind of I know, I'm like when I'm traveling or something, it's hard for me to kind of adapt to sleeping in a new place, like when I'm traveling.
Speaker 2: For work or something.
Speaker 3: Uh, so I use that to get a good night's sleep or just in general if I know, like I need to sleep, well, it just relaxes me. But obviously, with the weather being hot, not gonna do that. So my underrated is taking a tepid, slash cold dish shower, not like old where you're like gonna be like a guest on Joe Rogan talking about how fucking cryo bath you.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, not Rogan cold. I mean a temperature where you can actually breathe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it doesn't doesn't have to set off your gas reflex, just enough where it's like this isn't warm, but it's like cooling, Like given how warm the air temperature is, it's cooling. And I do that for a little bit just to bring the body temperature down. I do like to do that like an hour or two before bed as part of the wind down routine. And because I run hot just generally as a person, like I'm usually overheating, Like this just helps me set the temple because like if I feel hot when I get into bed, it takes me a while. And I'm not really blasting the ac all the time, just enough to keep it obviously nice, but not like if I had it my way, like I would sleep inside of like an ice box, right but my but the electric electricity costs too.
Speaker 2: Much to do, so I'm not going to do that. So yeah, take a tepid, coldish shower, like make yourself experience pain. No, just something colder, you know, not like your hot shower. Just be like, oh this is like this.
Speaker 3: It's like when if you were in a place where like a bunch of people were using the same water heater and you could tell it was running out of hot water, like right before the point where like I'm fucked, there's no hot water, but you go, ooh, it's getting cold, the same warm. This isn't really warm anymore, but it's bearable right in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, My underrated is so I took I took a tour of the Louver.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a tour designed for children because I.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, because I'm cheap.
Speaker 1: It cheaper, it was cheaper that way, let's move one kind and so you know, just I was. I took my kids with me, and it was designed for them, but I got a lot out of it because it was like kind of a broad canvas of you know, different eras that they were being introduced to. And I think most people know this, but I think because of like the quality of a eurocentric public school education like that, I think when I think back to art history, it's like a couple of weeks of a college class and then basically seventh grade for me, and my education made it sound like the made it seem like the Renaissance was this like they discovered ancient Greek art, this hidden underground secret that they had to rediscover, and like that is and then they brought this amazing art back. And really, like when you look at the entire history of art, it's really just the thing that's remarkable is how shitty the Dark Ages were, Like the Medieval art is just so compared to like thousands of years ago, like that art was good, Like they were already like making lifelike sculptures.
Speaker 2: Like like really backwards. Yeah, So that's the thing. I just think it's worth.
Speaker 1: Noting at this time in our history that sometimes there's a massive backslide. You know, sometimes everybody knows the thing, and then like a specific country or region will just do a major backslide and everyone will start uh drawing and painting like me in seventh grade, like that shit happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was really blown away by some of the like very old art, like the Code of Hammurabi, Like that sculpture was fucking dope. Like there's all sorts of ancient Assyrian. Yeah, there's ancient Assyrian like sculptures that are like these massive like human animal hybrids that like.
Speaker 2: Are fucking cool.
Speaker 1: Like they're cooler than Renaissance stuff, because Renaissance stuff all has to be about the same, like five characters, right, They're like, nah, man, we're making up like versions of were wolves and shit.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then I also got a shout out underrated from that same tour, the butt on the ancient Greeks and Roman statues and just statues across.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel I feel like a lot.
Speaker 1: They spent a lot of time talking about and covering up the penises of the statues. But man, some of these great, big old dump truck asses, they're pretty spectacular.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, uh yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Of the tour with my kids and wife being like another great ass.
Speaker 2: On that wowing lines. There's even signs in front of the statues please do not yell al pacino lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they shouldn't have those signs because if they don't want me to do it, the asses shouldn't be as great as they are.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, but like, damn, these are these asses are like goals kicked up man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just growing my fucking sedentary desk. But yeah, that's they was like they.
Speaker 2: Did a sculpture.
Speaker 1: My bro, no, no gas is nowhere to be found. You're just out walking around in some.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. I'm getting this fucking bike and I'm going up a hill for seven straight miles to get these fucking gluteous minimis and maximi up.
Speaker 1: To amazing glim of the highest order. And we've lost it, you know, we've lost it, folks. And it's because we're not eating enough raw liver. And that's what we're going to talk about next. We've changed the direction of this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called Ancient ass ass Diet the ancients.
Speaker 1: All right, should we take a break and come back and talk about the attempted assassination.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: So basically everybody knows now.
Speaker 2: If you don't, God bless you for hearing it. On the show, first editor was.
Speaker 1: Mentioned us that he was in like a media blackout over the weekend and kind of only found out from his partner, so shout out to him, better man than me.
Speaker 3: Also that the advantages of not being in the United States too, like it's not going to ambiently happen all the time, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the media as of right now, so I mean Trump was injured, one person was killed, and the attempt the assassin was killed.
Speaker 2: Also yeah, and I think two people are in critical critician also in people are in hospital. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The media is actively scrutinizing the political history of the shooter, twenty year old Thomas Matthew Crook's got to get all three names and and uh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, no, first of all.
Speaker 1: And that also seems to be the thing that people on social media are doing. Like a lot of people are very confidently assuming they know what his motive was based on like the two details we have about.
Speaker 3: Him, right, Like I just feel like he gave fifteen dollars to Act Blue, yeah, when he was registered Republican, But like those aren't even I don't know, I don't how relevant any of that is or what you can parse through that, because like that's just very vague. I saw another thing, and I don't know, I'm not sure if the veracity of it, but someone was pointing out like the day in which he gave the donation was Biden's inauguration. So some people were like, this feels like a right wing like the dude lost a bet right where it's like, all right, dude, now you gotta give fifteen bucks to Joe Biden. Yeah right, but we just don't know. But again, there's so much like I don't know if that's as relevant. It's sort of like, yeah, man, what about the gun, Because it wasn't the Act blue Heart that caused an injury to Donald Trump or killed another person.
Speaker 2: It was the gun too well.
Speaker 1: But I mean, as a kid who can't legally order a Miller Lite has never been old enough to legally vote in a presidential election and yet had access to an assault rifle, and everyone just kind of moves on from that, like, yeah, I feel like the thing we should just be hammering, Like this feels like the moment where we could be like.
Speaker 2: Maybe gun control.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like that this kids like there were a lot of good guys with guns present, and.
Speaker 3: It looked like a lot of good guys with guns, but yeah, the very definition of good guys with guns. But I know there's like now obviously like an inquest going into like what exactly happened, because there's also there were like reports that many people noticed this guy like on the roof yea and we're pointing him out, and it took a very long. It wasn't until he shot that he actually was shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah you can there there's video of the person shooting him and you know, being surprised when the guy takes the shot.
Speaker 2: I don't know, there's a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: There's like, like, you know, I have my own questions, like I'm not necessarily of the opinion that it's strange that like they didn't shoot the guy the second they saw him, because, uh, you know, people who have worked security details like this in the past have said, you have a lot of different teams in place, which seems like a bad idea about the like maybe, yeah, is that our sniper? Is that a good guy sniper?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: There was some secret service type person on social media. I don't I don't have like corroboration that he's like telling the truth, but he was saying making reference to like a G eight summit where there was like a near shootout between two security teams because they just like weren't properly vetted. So I'm sure there is a lot of training that tells you to like, you know, hold off the thing that does seem weird to me is that they just let him stay on let Trump stay on stage for as long as they did, while there was like a question like if it was in question at all, like why not pull him from the stage. But I think it's both that and the other like detail that people keep pointing out that he was able to like do the fist pump, like, you know, celebrate like he just won a bowling trophy after the assassination, do the fist pump. Like those seem like huge lapses in security when there's like what might be an active shooter on a nearby.
Speaker 3: Rooftop, Hey, pop your head out and to get this like pose in Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I also think, like I'm I'm doing research for this Kennedy podcast that I'm working on, and like one of the things that they said was a problem that led to Kennedy getting assassinated was that the Secret Service was like too impressed by him and too like into him, and so they would just like bow to whatever he wanted. So like in Dallas, they were like, this is a fucking terrible idea, man, and we have this like bubble that we could put on your car, and he was just like, nah, I are he said no, but he just like thought it would be a bad look and wanted to look grave, and so they just backed down. And I feel like a similar thing happens like these. You know, it's not ideal, but it does seem to be a dynamic that happens where the security around a huge, massive historic figure don't feel fully comfortable just like stepping up, you know, and being yeah, I mean, dude, shut the fuck up, like we pickedure it happening on January sixth, too, like where they're like, what does he want to do? We really shouldn't, like, rather than being like sorry, man, like we got our order, Like this is how it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I guess he wants to go back. Like that the fact that like I guess, do we take him back? He wants to go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like a spoiled child who's like not been told no, he went for the fucking steering wheel, like remember like that? Yeah, yeah, I don't know like that. It just seems like when in doubt, the question is usually incompetence.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, which is the relates to this country? For sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of my read on the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're still so it's still still trying to figure out like Trump said he was shot, other people said it was a glass fragment that actually cut his ear. There's like there's still just like again, this happened fucking like two days ago, three days ago, and.
Speaker 2: We're trying to find out more and more.
Speaker 3: But that has not stopped obviously, like the right from turning this into the thing that I think when it happened, I was like, oh, like when I first saw it, I was like Jesus Christ, like, they're gonna this is gonna be so fucked up, like for the rhetorically.
Speaker 2: They are going to take this thing to the absolute outer limits. And we're already seeing like they're just fucking like they're using this now to like propagate every kind of conspiracy theory like they have in their head.
Speaker 1: I mean, staged was trending like right away like a media.
Speaker 2: And that was a lot from like liberals. Yeah yeah, oh that's from everybody though, Yeah yeah, but like.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of liberals who like reflective are like no, there's no way, like he had to have set that up. He had to because I think deep down people know that is extremely powerful moment. Yeah, I mean like some people were like, their election's over, and I'm like, I don't know, man, this this year has been.
Speaker 2: So fucking wacky. I don't think who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: But for people to be like completely resigned to the fact that merely him having this photo, They're like, this photo just won him the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think is a bit I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess part of me because I'm like, no, no, I can't be I can't check out this early on.
Speaker 2: I can't check out this early on. Let's come on, man, let's check out. You gotta you gotta have another round in you just.
Speaker 1: Let's check out and start talking about Katie Perry's comeback attempt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. From now, that's just what sorry folks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so obviously, you know post surface uh falsely identifying the shooter as an ANTIFA extremist named Mark Violets. Violet turned out sports writer and video blogger Marco Violi, so they just translated it.
Speaker 2: But like Violets, violence is not a last name.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Yeah, yeah, uh so I respect it. I respect that they didn't even they were just like, we'll call him Mark Violets.
Speaker 2: Violi means that's plural for viola, the stringed instrument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know it's it's not a perfect science making up these bullshit conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: I think because and translate violet. Okay, so viola is also purple. I guess violi is. I guess they're just like it's purples, mark purple. That don't sound good. Let's call it Marky violets, like Jesus Mark violets. Does sound like a like in a poorly written mobster film, like, yeah, Johnny Violets. Yeah right, But that's not even a real name either. His name was probably his probably name was like John Carlo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah violets, Tony Tulips, Yeah, exactly. That is actually just Tony dance names. Rick. Yeah. I don't know why Tony danz all I could come up with.
Speaker 1: I don't know many Italians. So one fun theory is that Trump was a victim of the long legs Killer. Now, is this too much of a spoiler? I feel mildly spoiled about.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then, yeah, I heard, I heard it's good.
Speaker 1: I hear it's fun and it crushed at the box office. But we won't we won't get into the details of that particular theory.
Speaker 2: Because it's just so just such a demonstration of where the discourse is and are like, I don't know. It was like some people think it's from this movie.
Speaker 4: We're talking about assassination in them, I know what's happening. At the same time, yeah, right, right, right, yeah. There was another thing too where they were blaming DEI.
Speaker 2: Like there was another thing and they kept doing on Fox.
Speaker 3: This all became about DEI because there were like there was like a female Secret Service agent and like, I think the head of the Secret Service isn't white. This one guy, Corey Mills, he's like a congressman, said quote.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not sure about who the individuals are on the individual detail the Secret Service, but I can tell you under this Biden administration, the one thing I've seen is massive DEI hires, and I can tell you when you primarily go after DEI DEI E No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just twitched the letters and it made a point for him.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And then the other guy, Tim Burkett, who is a Tennessee representative, also someone who if there was like a mass shooting and like he actually I think knew one of the victims and was like very callous about the whole thing. Anyway, he said this quote, somebody really dropped the ball. You've got a DEI initiative person who heads up our secret service.
Speaker 2: You know, she was working at PEPSI before this. I know she was a former Secret Service agent, but still.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she was a Secret Service agent, career Secret Service agent who got a bag.
Speaker 3: From Kimberly Cheetle so in this one, and yes, that's what was So it was a woman, it was not a man. So uh that that's also a DEI higher and that's why and that's why this happened to President Trump, not because someone was able to get their hands on an assault rifle, you know, and potentially out of a.
Speaker 2: Vending machine in the next few years, based on where we're headed with Ammo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that you can get Ammo out of a vending machine. I heard that on this podcast, The Daily Zeitgeist while I was out.
Speaker 2: That's really yeah, I'm gonna check that out. I'll check that out.
Speaker 1: So the thing that seems very disingenuous is people being like the rhetoric from the Democrats caused this, and then the Democrats responding as if they did cause it, Yeah, and being like we're gonna stop talking about anything now, We're sorry. Like the Marjorie Taylor Green clip that everybody's showing where she just fires a fucking long range assault rifle at a thing that has democrat written on it or socialist and just explodes it like that. Uh, it feels more in line with the sort of rhetoric that would cause something like this then that on a strategic call saying we've got to put Trump in a in the bull's eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and at this point, yeah, Joe Biden famous for dazzling people with his his vocal stylings, yeah, and getting people in a frenzy. But yeah, like this it's just so wild too, Like, yeah, the whole point about like it's their rhetoric because obviously this is with anything that like that is has the potential for some like real kind of reckoning with our society. The discourse will go everywhere but where it needs to go. So now it's like, who's actually more violent with their rhetoric?
Speaker 2: And it's like, this is not the fucking point.
Speaker 3: But if you want to do that, just anecdotally, I can think of like fucking five GOP campaign ads that I people literally shooting guns at things or holding guns and talking about our enemies and shit like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is again.
Speaker 3: And I don't know that that's like the least useful thing, but that's just reflexively where like our political discourse goes like the finger pointing and like who's actually the bad person rather than is this about gun control or mental health or the all myriad of other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The question that I've seen people asking is like, how like like you were saying, you know that this has been such a wild fucking series of events, Like will this be just a thing that happened in a couple of weeks, you know, like that One of the things that I've seen people covering is the history of attempted assassinations on various presidential candidates, And like, uh, I think it was Gerald Ford like had two people try to shoot him within like two weeks. Yeah, in the seventies. One of them was a Manson like Squeaky from oh yeah right, and then another one like actually so she just didn't have a bullet in the chamber when she tried to shoot him. And then but then another person like got off a shot also in California while he was campaigning, and unsuccessful in both cases.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then obviously you have Reagan being the attempted assassination on Reagan, which definitely had an impact and became this indelible moment.
Speaker 2: I'm leaning towards.
Speaker 1: Like it's this isn't going away anytimes.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, just given how how much violence already exists in the United States, there's like there's no violence in politics. I'm like, the United States is sadly an inherently violent place. Yeah, like that get past what like the TV veneer version of the United States is like, this is a very violent country we live in where guns are just laying around and they're not even that like just the existential forces at work against people means the status.
Speaker 2: Quo is also violence.
Speaker 3: And I think just because of the violence that just surrounds us all the time, it sadly it's not going to stick out from like just sort of hearing that someone was shot at and someone was killed with guns. But this is going to clearly change the election for sure, because this is just like, this is a moment now that Republicans are absolutely going to seize on for them, they are going to take their.
Speaker 2: Rhetoric to the fucking outer just outer rims of our galaxy basically. Yet his RNC speech, he's like, oh, it's gonna Oh it's different. Now, yeah, he's like, I've got.
Speaker 3: That could be some bluster, but yeah, there could be something super fucking violent coming out of that speech. But I think that's what's also really disheartening, is like we're dealing with another shooting, and like such a high profile one, and even like with Republicans someone going after you know, their godhead figure, and the discussion is still like was this guy Antifa? It's like, dude, what about Like it's a well, I guess because all y'all believe that everyone should have access to all these firearms, that that that's just a.
Speaker 2: Given at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's just that's what's really fucking You're just like, oh my god man, it's all the emphasis. My big takeaways and unresolved questions are currently uh, well, first of all, we don't know that.
Speaker 2: We don't know his motives.
Speaker 1: So that's like I feel like anything anywhere where people are speculating like just we we don't know, maybe he will have a fucking manifesto and be like the first, the only like highly motivated Biden voter. We we truly don't know. But the big question why didn't Trump have his shoes on? Because like that I didn't even notice that yet.
Speaker 2: There was a.
Speaker 1: Detail where he kept asking them, He's like, get my shoes, any of my shoes? Wait, let me get my shoes. Well, like while they were like carrying them rushing him off stage, did he get tackled out of his shoes? Like are his shoes that loose or part of his shoes off when he gives a speech, which is like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it's like maybe he's like rohnda Santis, like he's got goofed up shoes and he didn't want anybody to like cat be like yo, bro, I was looking at the shoes was going on in here, got some elevator lifts.
Speaker 1: And then I just want to shout out the two real heroes of the day, uh Elon Musk and Kid Rock. Elon Musk revealing there have been two attempts on his life in the last eight months and he didn't say anything. That's just how heroic he is.
Speaker 2: Man, he just.
Speaker 3: Guess, while we're on the subject, I guess I could also say that. I also, I mean, I thought you're gonna say that. I start talking about that.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to make a big deal of it, but it was so funny. But he can't see like another person getting more attention than him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well at least the stock price went up. Yeah, so yeah, good, Yeah, the stocks that went up. It's like also very many prison, real complex and yeah, here we are, here, we are, here we go.
Speaker 1: And then kid Rock. I don't know if he saw that video, but I.
Speaker 3: Saw that he put something up and I couldn't bring myself to just I could just imagine what he said.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, brother, I don't know what it was, but.
Speaker 1: Three seconds of awkward silence after he like hits the start on the recording but like doesn't realize it, and I think he's like pretty drunk.
Speaker 2: Then he's like still self recording, trump you fuck with me? And then that's it. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: But it's just I love that he felt like he needed to say that.
Speaker 2: This is why, like it becomes so unserious so quickly. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Like you have a party who you know, like like in the media too, like with all the hand ringing that's happening. It's like, you know, like there needs to be sympathy for Donald Trump, and you know this is like a man that famously incites violence with his own words and doesn't have an ounce of sympathy for anyone except himself, and like especially you know you see like on MSNBC, I think they they they stopped Mourning Joe from happening like as in its usual form because I just wanted to continue reporting on the assassination attempt, because they were afraid someone would say something that like.
Speaker 2: Would like mar the coverage of like what was happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like they're treating this as one of the most horrific acts we have ever seen, and by centering this moment as like the whoa, we need to hit pause on society type of event, it like completely again ignores all of like the real life horrors and violence that like we're facing the like just like no, no, not this other stuff, not like a lack of healthcare or a lack of financial stability or ethnic cleansings that are going on. This here, when someone from the elite class is attacked, we must stop this is this is who he like you're seeing just even at the highest levels, their solidarity is to their class, like it's to each other.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with the people, the voters.
Speaker 3: Because if this this is the highest thing, that means that everything else I just mentioned, like the actual ills that are facing people in their day to day lives, those are normal or acceptable events. But again, it's a tragedy when someone of their class is attacked and now we have to pause and reflect on it. And I don't want to live in a world at all where there's like I'm not like one of these people. It's like, eh, man, yeah, keep it going.
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, no, I do not want to live in a world with increasing political violence. We already have plenty. The United States is built on political violence.
Speaker 3: So to normalize this, no, Like I don't think people need to be like, you know, being like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should have happened or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I think at the end of the day, the discussion around this is completely missing, like what we're actually considering, like who is vulnerable, who is not, and like what what the solutions are, because right now has nothing to do with gun policy or gun control. It's all like, who's gonna who's gonna be holding the fucking bag at the end.
Speaker 1: Of this the optics it is. It is wild that it became immediately like horse race optics ship, like an assassination attempt. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about another couple of things, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if this was like timed to where they were like, oh man, we can fucking do whatever we want now, not that they weren't already doing whatever they wanted yet, but the Trump Documents case in Florida has been dismissed. Yeah, they're just like, nah, man, they're claiming that Special Counsel Jack Smith's appointment violates the Appointments Clause of the United States Constitution, which, uh is something they haven't had a problem with in the past when it's the doing it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well look, I mean it didn't matter how flimsy the legal argument was going to be, because it just always felt like Judge Cannon was going to be like, dude, I don't even know how to do this job, but you know what, I love you, Donald Trump. So what are I going to say? Dismissed? Yeah, I guess case dismissed, charges dropped.
Speaker 3: Okay, moving on, but yeah, like this is uh I think obviously I think the Supreme Court case gave Canon a little bit more confidence and just fully tossing this case out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Supreme Court was basically like you can't, oh, fuck with the president.
Speaker 3: And it's very like depending on how you want to interpret it, you know what I mean? Because now, like especially with the last thing, it's like, well, the case as it stands with it, like you know, with the insurrection or the overturning of the election case, that's more to do like what is an official act? And we'll leave that to the judge to decide what an official act is here. But yeah, it was just sort of like leaving it open for like well like for official acts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now what is an official I don't know. I'm not going to say because I'm going to keep it vague, keep it vague.
Speaker 1: Just as long as he says I am officially doing this before he does the thing that becomes an official act, right.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I am officially stealing these butter packets at this restaurant, right, Yes, I can do that.
Speaker 1: Clarence Thomas went out of his way in the Trump first United States Opinion to suggest that lower courts should look into the essential questions concerning the Special counsel's appointment. Uh so yeah, like you said, they were like.
Speaker 2: This, this is what this is. Just just do this one, right? Yeah? How easy do we have to make this?
Speaker 3: He's like, so I'm fucking alley ooping it to you, Judge Cannon.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, look, maybe look at that. Use that as a line of like, which is so funny.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't like, in my mind, they would just fucking call each other, you know, I mean, like, if you don't need to be like.
Speaker 2: Oh she parsed through this, she didn't read the fucking decision like that. I'm sure some Federalist Society intermediary was like, this is this is probably the basis which you dismissed the case. But what if I can't read?
Speaker 3: Oh honey, okay, well you you really are a perfect judge for this one.
Speaker 1: Uh and finally, uh, finally, this is the thing. Also, before I left, I said, if not, if all else fails, Miles, if Biden doesn't demolish Trump in this debate, which he's going to do, so, mark my words, he's going to but in worst case scenario.
Speaker 2: He has like a poor show.
Speaker 1: And if Trump is like, you know, not sent to jail, at least we know that Katy Perry is making a comeback.
Speaker 2: M m that is going to Katy Perry, big kay?
Speaker 1: Maybe Hillary Clinton supporter, you know she's on the right side.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're.
Speaker 1: We can count on this comeback being the thing that sort of starts pushing the nation in the right direction. Oh no, what happened Katie.
Speaker 2: Harry? Yeah, it's called Woman's World. I didn't even know she needed to come back. This is the thing. It's celebrity like. It's like politics too and celebrity. It's like, you got you can't just take your pile of money and fuck off and be okay with the little contribution you made prior to this. Did you see the music video? No? Oh man, it's good.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Like I felt like I didn't need to watch it because it was so good.
Speaker 2: Dude, It's the sickest fucking music video that ever.
Speaker 3: Happened, and I love watching it on loop. It's just do The video just felt so nonspecific, like it felt like AI made it, like in that weird way where it's like I don't know what you're saying, but like you got a lot of visual shit happening, but I don't know what the meaning is or the context. And yeah, people were just fucking completely they they got panned, baby, I mean cause I think the other part too, is not just like the music sucked, but it was made to that producer doctor Luke, who was accused of like sexual assault by Kesha. So it's like very like this is about this is a woman's world, and now you're working with like an accused predator. Okay, go on, Katy Perry, But I feel like after this.
Speaker 2: I didn't Again. I was like I thought Katy Perry was in a way done not in a disrespectful way, right, But she was like, yeah, man, you had your mama like you were. You were the fun young like cutesy, like yo, I'm having fun out here. I'm doing like these like maximalist visuals and stuff. And now you know, the tastes have changed a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and now you got younger people coming up and they have their own aesthetic and that's what more people are into.
Speaker 2: So I was like, yeah, man, just it's it's all good. You didn't You've done great.
Speaker 3: You've done great for somebody who's done all the things you've done.
Speaker 2: Now just just chill out.
Speaker 3: But no, this was a big comeback, and it I mean absolutely It.
Speaker 2: Didn't even like break the top fucking hundred. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It debuted at number one hundred and ten on the top two hundred list on Spotify and disappeared by the end of the weekend, which is a shockingly bad run for a single that probably cost millions of dollars to make and promote.
Speaker 2: And roll it out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people were just like and then she like dropped a video on social media being like, I'm sorry, do you know not what satire is? This is satire. That's why the video is bad. Do you know what satire is?
Speaker 3: It was so confusing, it was confounding. I don't even have like an like I take an opinion good or bad. I'm like, I'm just like, what this song if this song too? It sounds it was like something that would be like on a late nineties like Freaky Friday type soundtrack movie soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, Like it's that Like the sound is so dated too. What the world needs now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katy Perry, you got bags of money. I'm pretty sure you done some great proactive ads. I remember those about some because of that.
Speaker 1: So just one of my favorite super Bowl halftime shows, truly like that.
Speaker 2: That one was wild.
Speaker 1: That was like your description of this like a lot visually happening, but like no real meaning. I was like, that is kind of what I loved about her super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was so I think, But this one is just weird. It's like a different time.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a woman's world, but it's like they're dressed up as like sexy construction workers. Like it's kind of like semi it's like a kind of very on the not like as she says, it's very on the nose. So because it is like I feel like you need to have even more intent. Look check into my music video critiquing show that I do on Twitch every Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: You give me break the video down. But yeah, it's Katy Perry. Take care. You know.
Speaker 3: I think the washed Reaper may have come for you and knocked on your door this weekend.
Speaker 1: But like there was a Katie Perry comeback a while back. I thought, or maybe maybe it wasn't officially they weren't like, Okay, we have to come back, but there was like a disappeared Yeah, yeah, I think that's what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 2: Ones.
Speaker 1: I know, was that was that a hit in anyway?
Speaker 3: Bonatpetit? I think that's what that bone app bonap bety baby. I think that's what that song was called.
Speaker 2: I just remember laughing.
Speaker 3: I like loving that song just ironically because there's like just a part where you hear like fucking I think it's Quavo or someone's going Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: Yah, you go what in label? Set up?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: Is this? That's amazing?
Speaker 1: All Right, We're back at it. Couldn't be any happier be back here with you inside this news cycle.
Speaker 2: Miles Gray, Oh love. Being in the hamster wheel together together is one that's right. Holding hands.
Speaker 1: We are in the hamster wheel and we are holding hands, and we're.
Speaker 2: Not very coordinated, so like looks very awkward. We're not.
Speaker 1: Like the handholding is actually kind of getting in the way and I keep knocking Miles off.
Speaker 2: Balance, but.
Speaker 1: We're doing it, and that is going to do it for us this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite Bite,