Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hour three of the Dan Patrick Show. I'm Tony Really. Ramona Shelbur, my friend and ESPN NBA insider, will be with us later on in the hour talk about the bombshell news of yesterday that she broke the Los Angeles Lakers sold one year after being sold, flipped like a property. Unbelievable. Twelve and a half billion dollars in that sale. Are the Lakers still the Lakers? We'll get to that, but first, I'm so excited about today's guest right now. Look at this little boy on the screen right here, Sister Mary Joe Sobiek.
Speaker 1: Look at this little boy on the screen right here.
Speaker 2: That is me, little Anthony, really in my first holy communion. The white suit. You know it well, you've seen it before. That is who you were talking to. My name is Anthony, Reality's sister. It's a pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 3: God bless you. I've been watching you on around the Horn, Tony. It's good to meet you.
Speaker 1: Oh that you wore my heart.
Speaker 2: Now I have to tell you something, to have a confession to make. Forgive me, sister, you weren't my first request for a guest on the show. I asked for the Holy Father, Pope Leo a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: You were my number two. You were my number two.
Speaker 3: I got his jersey.
Speaker 2: You have a southside also a southside legends. So thank you so much for being here. I saw your face on the TV and on my feed, the viral sensation that you are Sister Mary Joe. Once again, this is not your first appearance on The Dan Patrick Show twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: You came here, you were at Marian Catholic School.
Speaker 2: You throw it at first pitch, it's all time top one or two first pitches, and you became an overnight sensation. What was it like to go from oh, you're at a catechist at Mary Catholic High School, and now you're a leading sports center and you're leading the Dan Patrick Show on your viral sensation.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I remember I was on Fox News also, I had gone on to New York. You mentioned something about the viral pitch, and I said, well, what I hope they see more is my joy for life and my love for the Gospel, because that's really what this platform is about. I mean, as you have you know, I read about you two, and being a lifelong Catholic, it's like having this platform would be nothing if it wasn't used to give all the glory and honor to God. And so I see more athletes doing that more and more, and so it's just appropriate that you know it wasn't a strike or was it even near the zone?
Speaker 2: We're talking about this. Wait in a second, sister, you had me, You had me chasing. A strike is a strike if the patter's chasing and that had some lowdown What are you eating on the radar gun right now?
Speaker 4: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll just tell you the story that I told back in the day when I would I grew up near a county fair. Okay, you know the movies Sandla, Yes, of course that that was my life growing up is right across the street. I'm the youngest of ten the older. Those were the neighborhoods when everybody had eight to ten kids and everybody was playing ball all day, and the county Fair we would go and do the radar gun. Yeah, and when I was a teenager, I could throw it about seventy six miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: And this took you through college and you played into your college life and then the world sees it. I mean, you do the thing with the ball, which is just awesome as well. So you've got game. We all know you have got game. So you got the call back this week. I thought, in a sport and a team that has a history, sister, you may not be you may be too young to remember this. Disco Demolition Night was something in the nineteen seventies that the White Sox tried to do to in a similar way, have a fan engagement, and they had a riot because they were prety disco records. Long story short, Pope had night. What an amazing success. What was it like to be in the ballpark that day? Did it feel holy?
Speaker 4: It did?
Speaker 3: I mean it actually felt like a big church revival really, I mean, and hopefully it was all about engaging believers of all faiths, right and so now the stadium, it was overwhelming. And when they when they mentioned my name to to throw the pitch, it was it was I was honored. It was really overwhelming. So it was no, it felt awesome. The sign a piece that they talked about.
Speaker 4: Yes, I loved doing all that. It was.
Speaker 2: It was really great, you know, I said it to somebody who is not Catholic in my family though. You know, the seventh dting stretch of baseball, Mass has a seventh hitting stretch in Mass It's called the Sign of Piece. You know, that's what we did. I'd love to see that be a fifty y. Do you think we got any converts in the ballpark that night?
Speaker 1: I bet absolutely?
Speaker 5: Uh sure?
Speaker 1: Did anything get close to sack relief?
Speaker 2: You know, you've got a lot of people and maybe there's alcohol involved in bo pats?
Speaker 3: No, I mean there were people dressed in you know, Bishop Garb and all that kind of stuff. But for me, and I think for you, God's presence can be seen in all places, right, I mean we have eyes of faith. We have eyes of faith to see it and don't be too rigid, you know, and allow God the freedom to just express God's self. No, I thought it was great. I mean there were people imbibing. I was taking pictures with others and it was like, okay, you've had a lot to drink. But that's okay too, I mean, you know, but otherwise sacrilegion.
Speaker 2: Know, if if beer were to be poured in the po pat and we dragged out of the po pat would that be sacrilege.
Speaker 4: Beer?
Speaker 2: It would be a sin since they're to waste the beer. I'm still very much in love with the origin story here because well, mister Paul Popps, please join this conversation right now. We have a connection, our Paul Pops, another resident Catholic here, We're happy to say.
Speaker 1: And also Mary Catholic, Marying Katholic. I'm a marrying.
Speaker 6: Catholic grad and I've known Sister Mary Joe for a while. And back in twenty eighteen it was Marying Catholic Night at SOS Park and I was invited to attend with all the other married Catholic people, Sister Mary Joe and all the grad and they actually weirdly asked me to throw out the first pitch. And I wasn't able to go because of a family vacation. And I got the email and I was very disappointed. I was distraught it had been I had a terrible pitch. I was a terrible sliding doors. I was an archer, and I emailed the president of the school and Sister Mary Joe was on the email.
Speaker 1: She knows Paul, I got you.
Speaker 5: I'll come out of the pen and take care of.
Speaker 6: It, and I'm so glad she did because she did it so much better and so much more entertaining than I would have.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's an other part of the story, Paul, that you might not know. When sister Mary Paul tells that story, I think you were on the email with her. She was the president. She was asked then to throw the pitch, and she said, I understand that maybe you want to have a sister. So I didn't know that you were picked, and then she was picked. So I realized, now how far down in the rotation.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were the closer they needed Marianna Rivera.
Speaker 3: You got the door.
Speaker 6: It was divine in avention, sister, because you can throw and we can't.
Speaker 1: Holy smoke is what we call it. We call it holy smoke. Real quick.
Speaker 2: They blew a four oh lead in the game two nights ago, lost five to four. How do you explain that theologically, sister.
Speaker 3: Well, I left the stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how you explained it, Okay, I left early.
Speaker 3: I left early to get out of there, just to avoid some of the crowds and traffic and all of that. So we joked about that too. So and others said, you know, maybe that's what they get for doing the pope at But now, come on, that was just.
Speaker 1: When we say our prayers.
Speaker 2: When we say our prayers, does God care who wins those games when we say our prayers for our teams?
Speaker 1: No? No, okay, well.
Speaker 3: But we have to do the part too.
Speaker 2: We have to do our part. You have done your part in an amazing way. I have sisters in my life. My cousin is sister the Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in Texas. It means very much to me and my family. And just being in public view and showing people how you are and living the life. I think it is wonderful and I wanted to put you in this place today so we could share this moment.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, just to marriage, thank you.
Speaker 3: So much for this opportunity to do that.
Speaker 2: You're Mary Joe. The viral sensation just throwing heat. I love that about you. Have a wonderful day by now. Ah man, it's it's I've always wondered. You know one specific thing in that viral video of Pope Leo another south Sider.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's why they had them look at.
Speaker 2: The World Series, is at the game the cameras miraculously I could say, catch him. And he looks like it's a tough point in the game, and he's muttering under his breath, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and is he is?
Speaker 2: He is he muttering something not so nice about Scott put Sednick.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening?
Speaker 2: That's my dream get for for the Real Deal podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, uh Foley, what do you got?
Speaker 6: You also know, just to put a bow on this story, there's a bit of a connection we have to the Pope Robert Provost. He is from the South Side Chicago. He lived in a town called Dalton when I was little, and I was little, never met him, never knew his family. But the Pope's father was my grade school superintendent. So in all my grade school yearbooks there's mister Provosts.
Speaker 1: So are we running here? This is an show?
Speaker 5: Is blessed.
Speaker 1: It's never come up before.
Speaker 6: But when I was little, Brookwood Junior High School and Elementary School in Glenwood, Illinois, our superintendent was mister Provost. He would walk in with a suit, you like, he puckered up because he was the ball I mean, and his son coached baseball and years later became a soxs fan and.
Speaker 2: So you were never met or or at least a greater instructed by led by the man who raised the pope.
Speaker 6: That's correct, and Dalton, Illinois. We were a few blocks away but never met him or anything. But it was a big deal for the south Side people.
Speaker 2: We have these sliding doors, you know, a freaky Friday situation. You wake up and Pope Leo wakes up and you switch bodies. You wake up and sister Mary Joe and you switch body. We're close. It's pretty close. That's pretty close. Eight seven seven three DP showed the call. We got some headlines. We want to recap the day for you guys. It's been a wonderful day here. Thank you so much for having me here in the man came, I am man Cave sitting as Dan is on in a lovely weekend where he will soon walk his daughter down the aisle, and we all are eagerly awaiting the update in the text. We're not gonna ask him to shot video. Why would we do that live in the moment, but we want the tears to fall. That's where is I'm Tony really and the dan Netts have carried me this entire show when I was moving the microphone and muting myself or going to dude wipe's reads too quickly. But I mean, honestly, would you rather go to do wipes too quickly or too late? I would go to dude wipes too quickly? Right, Okay, Dylan, what do you got in the poll?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say I've made the mistake of too late before you don't. Okay, Well there we go. All right, Dylan? Where are we on the poles?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 7: You want to throw out a new one?
Speaker 2: No, I want to hear the late on al stadiums, Buffalos, Hi Marks. Would you like to take a guess, I would take a guess that more fans want outdoor stadiums than dome stadiums.
Speaker 1: You'd be correct, Tony.
Speaker 7: If you're a fan of a cold weather team, would you want her stadium open or domed? Sixty three percent want it open.
Speaker 6: PAULI the one I can never picture, and I'm a Bears fan. I never pictured it in Chicago. I can never picture a top on lambeau Field. I don't think it'll happen in our lifetime. I don't think they want it. They're not going to get a Super Bowl because of infrastructure, just the size. But they got the draft and they didn't very well. It would be well, never see it, can't see it.
Speaker 1: News of the day.
Speaker 2: We're tracking a very interesting kerfuffle Jade and Daniels and his alma mater and the number five. We had a poll earlier the day as well. Dylan, back to work, Dylan, I'm not gonna let.
Speaker 4: You sleep today.
Speaker 7: Chuldell us, you have given out Jade and Daniels number five, Jersey and Tony. To your credit, you almost nailed this ahead of time. Eighty four, he said, eighty twenty. It's eighty two point four to seventeen point six exactly.
Speaker 1: Bad luck for Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 2: The cease and desist letter elevates it to a litigious nature, the likes of which fans really aren't going to ever take your side doing well.
Speaker 7: We don't have to break down the etymology of cease and desist, but I did. Obviously everyone knows ceased desist, but is kind of the vague term of the two.
Speaker 4: I looked it up.
Speaker 7: They're synonyms essentially, so it's kind of redundant, like if someone just sent you a cease Yeah, I feel like that would get the point across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just stop, I hear you loop loop points going for you the good points. Yeah, I would say it's a redundant and also means the same thing letter go ahead, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Do you think this is just miscommunication, because I do not think this is miscommunication. Aiden James was told by somebody that, hey, we're never gonna have you.
Speaker 1: I think somebody's never to think.
Speaker 2: This was supposedly, you know, or possibly wanted to be done behind the scenes and now it's public. But I think a third rail was pressed in the relationship in some way. And hey, Jayden Daniel is allowed to feel how he wants to feel. He can believe what he was told. But I think in the end, this is Lane Kiffin making a decision that, by all American cornerback today is more important to me right now in a transfer portal era of college football than our Heisman Trophy winner from a few years ago.
Speaker 1: And that's what that is.
Speaker 2: Headlines, Well, we can't have a bigger headline than the sale of the Los Angeles Lakers. In four days, the ownership group of one of the greatest franchises in all of sports turned around out of nowhere. I'm gonna ask Ramona Shelburne, who knows more about this than anybody who broke the story for ESPN, who was most surprised the League office, other owners in the league, Lakers players, fans of the NBA, or maybe even Kushner and Eiger themselves, the two who got the deal to go through in the boy that's coming up next.
Speaker 1: On The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Dan Patrick Show at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR, or stream us live every day at YouTube dot com. Slash The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 10: Steve Gott's here. I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because my.
Speaker 4: Wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 10: It's called Stegots and Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 3: Calls, I love you guy, your show.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 10: A lot of interact guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gotts and Company and Stegotson Company Live. So listen to stew Gods and Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review st got Company and.
Speaker 1: God Bless Football.
Speaker 10: Taylor's livelihood depends on it and you do it today And you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: At.
Speaker 2: I will be picking up the phone and calling you guys up if you're still on the line afterwards.
Speaker 1: I'm serious about that. It's a loaded day.
Speaker 2: I got a lot to figure out how to do the show for the first time. I'm cavesitting for the first time, but I want to talk to you, so call it now eight seven seven three DP show Hang on, I'll call you back and we'll talk after the show if there's not enough time for you. Panini the Hottest Rookies' biggest superstars at all time greats. The only place to collect them all is Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. I'll tell you something that was acting like a trading card this week, the Los Angeles Lakers. It gets swapped and Ramona Shelburn's gonna be with us in a minute. But Paulie Fritzy, Marvin Dylan, tell me what yesterday was like mid show when the news crossed it.
Speaker 1: Was the guys in the back room got it. They sent it to us.
Speaker 6: None of us believed it because the Lakers had just sold a year ago, so we like triple checked it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were getting spoofed.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a fake Ramona Shelburn account. I'm like, I'm double checking. We follow Ramona and yeah, and I was like, that's it can't be real.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 6: We were nervous to put it on the air because we're a big in LA and big pause there.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean that's I think surprise is the first part of this story. You know what, Let's bring in Ramona Shelburn ESPN Senior Insider and my dear friend, Ramona, it's the craziest week of your year and you took time for me.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You know you're kind of a draw, Tony.
Speaker 2: You're a draw with my kids. I'm a draw with your kids. But that's our entire audience, right, MoMA, you had to feel you were being punked and spoofed as well.
Speaker 1: Right when this happened.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 11: I had gone to bed the night before thinking, well, I was it was one of those nights where I have to sleep with my phone like right next to my head, waiting for a call in the morning, right like like literally like like I'll take my phone and I'll put it like like right here, because I knew I was gonna get calls like very early in the morning. And I had known the night before that something big was happening.
Speaker 5: But even I didn't believe it.
Speaker 11: Like when I got the first tip, literally somebody said are you sitting down?
Speaker 5: And I was.
Speaker 1: Liked, who died?
Speaker 5: What? Like I mean it was?
Speaker 11: I mean, look, I'm gonna take you inside the like real reality of it. Yesterday was my second gradest, first day of school.
Speaker 5: We were mostly we had hosted.
Speaker 11: We were hosting some family, like I had done the big dinner for everyone.
Speaker 5: You know, we were just kind of winding on.
Speaker 1: Momo. It's still momo. How did you confirm it? Though?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I need to know how it can't I can't get past how this came together in three days, all right. I mean I can't go shopping online in three days. And this is like I went shopping online and I bought the Bollaggio.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think it really is that. Like it's think of it like you're buying a house. Okay, you you go put an offer down on one house, and then all of a sudden, while you're like, you know, out you're still an escrow or you know they've accepted your offer, but they're but you know, there's still a closing period. You're down the street, your neighbor's house comes available. You're like, oh, well, shoot, I'd much rather have that house. So the money's already in order, the bank's already approved, the loans are in order. Everything's fine. And I think that's kind of what happened here, which is they're buying you know, they're buying an expansion team, but.
Speaker 2: Why were they sold? Why did Walter sell? I mean, please, you can separate back from fiction.
Speaker 11: So I think that Mark uh is a savvy businessman. I think, you know, we've we all do the math because we're people. We don't have billions, okay, and we think, oh, he bought for two and he sold for twelve and a half. He made two and a half billion, but he actually is going to make closer to four. I think when this is all said and done, because you forget, he bought the first He bought the first shares of the Lakers at a five billion dollar valuation, So twenty six percent of his shares were a five billion dollar valuation, right, so it's gonna be a that's a gigantic financial windfall. And I think the back in the background of the DOJ investigation obviously plays a role here. It's it's why you know, joh Krishner and Bob Aiger thought maybe we should place a call shoot your shot, right Like they can read headlines. They see somebody who's dealing with the FEDS right now, he's dealing with an investigation, and some of the sometimes when you're in the middle of investigation. There's a benefit to being a little more liquid and in terms of how things might need to move around. So these are savage businessmen who saw somebody who's in the middle of something and figured they would place a call and see if that would make sense.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It was one call from we went from expansion Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: To let's get let's get the Lakers. And it started with call three.
Speaker 5: Days yeah, yeah, over the weekend.
Speaker 11: And actually it was two calls because the first call Mark was like, the team's not for sale, and then he thought about it a little longer and they and they called him back and they offered a little bit more.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a lot more, but it was a little bit more.
Speaker 11: And he had already now the seed had been planted, and he was amenable to it.
Speaker 5: And they also it was had to be literally he had to give an answer in a day like this. They had needed to know because.
Speaker 11: Other way they're going to go back to well, they were going to go back to the expansion process. Right, like you're buying one house, another in your neighbor's house comes.
Speaker 2: Available, right, I have to ask you this, Ramona Bill Plashy column.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, our dear friend, too.
Speaker 2: Many questions, not enough answers. Lakers sale doesn't pass smell test. What questions do you have?
Speaker 11: I want to know if the if the Dodgers are I don't think they're for sale, but I know that when one billionaire calls another and he sells something unexpectedly, there's going to be more people that call, right, you know, clear Like I'll put it this way, Mark Walter did not go into the weekend intending to sell the Lakers, right, he didn't. And there was every you know, Brian Win, who is my colleague, he likes to say actions over words. So the actions of the Lakers this summer, the actions of the Lakers very recently, and Mark Walter's team have been been about bill something in LA, about building the Lakers out, and they've been they signed people the four year deals, right, they've been hiring people, they've been put dodgerizing everything. This is this is not the actions of somebody who was like looking to sell. However, there was this thing in the background that I think it was an interesting variable that and let's look, I want to do the timing on this because I think it's really important This investigation has been going on since last September, before he even bought the Lakers.
Speaker 5: Okay, the Lakers.
Speaker 11: There had been a purchase in place, but the sale had not been approved until October. So, like, I know, it all seems like that. You know, we all read the stories the last few months. It's something obviously he and his company have been dealing with for a year essentially, But this has been going on a long time, and they had been operating as somebody who was building something in La. But if somebody at one moment when he ran the math, you know, and he did the Fakers and he goes, wow, it's a pretty that's a hell of evaluation, and it's it's almost for him personally. It's about a almost four billion dollar windfall based off of what I got.
Speaker 2: That part of the money I don't get, the time lofe. I don't get so much else. What do Lakers fans need to know about the future of this team today?
Speaker 5: Cool, That's that's a really good question, ton.
Speaker 11: You know, they've been building something and doing something new, so now all of a sudden, how much of the building process is going to continue?
Speaker 5: Like it's like we just swapped contractors.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm I'm, I'm I guess I'm big on the metaphors today, but but you know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they've been dodgerizing it.
Speaker 11: Andrew Friedman has been talking about Balinka and far Haan z aid. He's been in the front office as March representative, And Okay, what's what's going to happen now? What happens to they hired, you know, five or six people are pretty senior executives.
Speaker 5: What happens now?
Speaker 11: Like are Bob Iger and Josh Krishner? Are they gonna keep those people? Are they gonna hire all new people?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 11: It's it's very it's very I don't know yet, and I don't think they know yet, right. I think my instinct is you don't pay twelve and a half billion dollars for a for a franchise like this and let someone else run it.
Speaker 2: Right, So the question is going to run the team? It still gets back to Krishner and Eiger for you.
Speaker 11: I think so yeah, I mean, I look, Bob Iger's you know, he's he was our boss at ESPN for a long time Disney and he uh, he's got some time on his hands.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's gonna be like the GM.
Speaker 11: I think he'll be the CEO, and you'll probably hire at president and at GM and all these guys.
Speaker 5: But he's got time to do this.
Speaker 11: Josh Kushner, obviously he's a young man, he's forty one. He lives here in Los Angeles, like he's you know, clearly he has an interest in sports and it's not just an investment interest.
Speaker 5: So I think they'll be very involved.
Speaker 11: But it's gonna take a couple of months for this to maybe be approved by the by the rest of the owners. So season starts, you know, everything is business as usual for now until it's not.
Speaker 5: It's a very anything that it.
Speaker 1: Might not go through. What is what is the right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to I haven't got any sense of that.
Speaker 11: I think the owners, the rest of the owners obviously have to like what they're you know, the sale price like that, that just made their property values go.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, that's the cow I wanted also, And you can only answer one. In the last twenty four hours, maybe who was reached out to you? Who do you think has told you they've been most surprised. NBA owners, NBA League office, Lakers players, Lakers fans.
Speaker 11: Ig and cushioner. I got a lot of calls. Well, I got a lot of calls. I got calls in text yesterday from a lot of ownership level people. Yeah, yeah, going, what the hell?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 2: You had one incredibly successful television series on one Los Angeles basketball team. I think it's time to get the writ and back up again for another very successful TV series. This is this has gotten made for TV written all over it. Can I ask you about Russell Westbrook, Ramona Shelberk, I believe you've covered him for a considerable amount of time, both.
Speaker 1: In NBA and college. Did you cover him in high school? Do I have this right as well?
Speaker 11: I didn't know him in high school, didn't know him in high.
Speaker 5: School, but I did. I was there his freshman year at UCLA.
Speaker 1: Did Russell Westbrook retire in his own terms?
Speaker 11: I guess like in a way he did.
Speaker 5: He.
Speaker 11: I think he had some offers and minimum level offer just again, you know, I don't know that he wanted to go play for like the worst team in the league again for a minimum in his last five six years or certainly not fitting of a Hall of Flame player of his caliber. Right, bouncing around and you know, the thing in LA didn't work out with Lebron and then he sort of bounced around to Denver. That year was actually pretty good for him in terms of sick you know, wins and losses. But the final year in Sacramento that wasn't. That was just to kind of a throwaway. But I don't I think when you look back on somebody's career, you sort of forget the ending, Like it's like the Wizard years for the for Jordan, like, I'll just remember his athleticism, his desire, his ferocity on the court, Like that's a word that comes to mind when I see him.
Speaker 5: Intensity.
Speaker 11: I remember him as this just little freshman at UCLA.
Speaker 5: He wasn't you know, he wasn't recruited, but he had so much fire in him.
Speaker 11: He just made himself into the player he was by that effort and fire that he put out every single side career.
Speaker 2: With an interesting ebb and flow though from the yeah Riple double MVP year with incredible acclaim and then there was almost a correction of appreciation for him. Did NBA fans appreciate him enough? Was there an over critical view of him when league started to look in a more efficiency base statistical lie.
Speaker 5: That I agree with you.
Speaker 11: I think I think I actually think fans appreciate Westbrook more than the what do you want to call the analytics crowd, you know, the the that that level of analysim maybe.
Speaker 5: The media too. Fans really like Westbrook.
Speaker 11: Everywhere I went, I would always I've covered him a lot. I governed him in those Oklahoma City years, in Denver obviously with the Lakers, with the Rockets.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was like a very popular.
Speaker 11: Player, and especially live and in person, but also online. Like I think fans respond to heart, right, you know, that's that's my players. I respond to heart, you know you like, just you feel that guy, Like I'll never forget when he was with the Nuggets and he came back to Oklahoma City and he just just won them a playoff game. Do you remember that game in Oakham City and the fans they gave him a standing ovation. When he's on the rival team in the middle of the playoffs and they gave a standing ovation. I was like, that is the ultimate sign of respect. And I really think it's just because he wore his heart on his sleeve for so many years.
Speaker 5: They appreciated it.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more question for you, momo, and you've been so gracious with your time and the busiest week of your year. Last time I saw you, I got party boys. I think last time I saw you was maybe the day before the redecision or a couple days, and you were prepping forward. It's a month late Lebron leaving the Lakers mutual decision or is it led by one side?
Speaker 1: In your eye?
Speaker 11: I think these seeds of that were sown last year. I think in talking to people on both sides, I think it was we all had talked ourselves into this idea that the Lakers could bring him back, because he bought into that third banana role. But I don't think he ever really wanted that. I don't think he. I think that was just something he made the best of. And also they paid it fifty two million dollars last year, so I think he just kind of you know, I think he played it out, but I don't think he was ever going to come back on those terms.
Speaker 5: In that role.
Speaker 2: Ramona Shelburne, thank you for giving us the time and the last voice that you have in your body. You are You're very gracious and wonderful. We love you, Ramona, thank you very much. That's Ramona Shelburne. Of course, ESPN's senior NBA insider.
Speaker 1: A wild story that I still don't know if I have.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's almost like, talk to me like you would a young child or a golden retriever and explain to me how the Lakers got flipped.
Speaker 6: PAULI you we were talking about this before the show. There's lots and lots of billionaires in the country. Become a famous or knighthood in our country is to own a sports team. My whole life royalty Royalty and the Bus family owned the Lakers basically our entire live and it felt like that is not something you ever give up if you can. And it was a surprise when the Bus family sold, but to flip it in one year just it feels murky.
Speaker 1: Murky's the word murk. Dylan, Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 7: Obviously it seems like saw on an Island. It seems like a great business deal, but it also seems like someone who may have had to needed cash fast or you know, I know the investigation is about sort of undisclosed loans I think that were involved in the purchase.
Speaker 1: Of the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: So it's like, is it paying down some of those loans asapens sort of put that thing to bed or what's I don't know. It's very odd. And how did Kushner and Bob Eiger raised all? I mean, obviously one's a billionaire, one's close to it, but they didn't have sitting on twelve and a half belt.
Speaker 1: Fritzie's got his hands up. He knows had to raise some money here.
Speaker 12: But how to get a team like Lakers? The other thing that doesn't make sense. How do you not go to the highest buildy? How do you not keep this going for a while a team like the Los Angeles Lakers?
Speaker 1: As much as you got the other part of it. That's a great point, Todd.
Speaker 2: That's a bleep bleep bleep polee poop poop ding ding ding whatever. Uh yeah, that's it right. This has to happen in the next out. No, it doesn't have to happen next day. It doesn't have to happen you know, it could happen again next week, or you get Las Vegas, Marvin.
Speaker 8: And this is like selling the Yankees or the Cowboys a year after you buy them. You're selling them no disrespect. It's not like you bought the Milwaukee Bucks then you sold them a year later. You're selling one of the pre eminent franchises in all of American sports in a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're gonna get the answers to these questions this week. I know Ramona is gonna be the one digging and I trust that.
Speaker 7: So Dylan, Yeah, and I think it was gonna be in the neighborhood of ten billion for the expansion team in Vegas, which obviously has had some of its struggles of its own recently. So relatively speaking, twelve and a half for the Lakers kind of seems like a bargain in a weird way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're in a zombie ownership world where we are now moving further away from Pollie's ideal, which is the family owned and in some that's pros and cons. I mean, ask Yankee fans if they're loving the family owned right now. I mean they appreciate and they wish George Steinbretter was back instead of the children.
Speaker 1: So I think the.
Speaker 2: Lakers don't exactly feel like the Lakers now.
Speaker 1: That could change.
Speaker 2: Luca has an MVP year and they start twenty and four and now it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: You don't think about the.
Speaker 2: Ownership, and that's teams have won championships not thinking about the ownership. You're thinking about San Antonio's ownership. When they were going on a dynasty run, you're thinking about No, yes, Marvin, the Knicks.
Speaker 1: The Knicks.
Speaker 8: I feel like they won in spite of their owner.
Speaker 2: And I feel like they want in spite of their owner. Or they got one right, they got one just happening in a fluke ear Yeah, So that was that was a drop story. I just need to finish up on Russell Westbrook, though I was saying he was one of my favorite player, my favorite player of the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: I loved this relentlessness. Everyone loves his athleticism.
Speaker 2: The point I'm making here is you always fall in love with guys who played in an earlier era, who he thought could play great in this era. I thought he played great in this era, but I also thought his game got minimized in such a whiplash way.
Speaker 1: And it's his fault. Of course.
Speaker 2: He didn't develop a three point shot developer, but he was playing at ten, he was playing at eleven, and the shot was never gonna get there.
Speaker 1: And what made him.
Speaker 2: So good at the first stage of his career, well, when the league turned into a per efficiency spacing type league, he was the wrong player for that time. And that's why he finishes his career in a way where you know, I've heard Cartmello Anthony sayah, he's going to be out of the league. The league's just gonna have no use for him. And he played eighteen years and is going to make the Hall of Fame, and that's great. He means I have to say goodbye to my pre show rhyming.
Speaker 1: Warm up.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you know where I'm going with this. Do you guys warm up your voice before you go on show? Clearly now, Fritzy and Limerick Dylan.
Speaker 4: I don't think I can warm this thing up, okay.
Speaker 1: Well. Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 2: There it is is a name that is going to trip every broadcaster once, especially when you're doing play by play.
Speaker 1: Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook, Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 2: The wiley Russell Westbrook, the rascally Russell Westbrook. So whenever you run into a Russell Westbrook, you know you feel stupid, but you have to know it's taken down bigger broadcasters than yourself. So every every morning before I did an appearance or around the horn or PTI i said, the rascally Russell Westbrook, the rascally Russell Westbrook, the rascally Russell Westbrook, Marvin please.
Speaker 8: It was it wasn't my issue. It was getting him confused with Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: And I would always say, right, give me the wiley Russell Wilson five times fast.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, said that again, the wiley Russell Wilson.
Speaker 8: See, I'm not even try I can't even embarrass myself more than I already do.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, Paully.
Speaker 6: Mine was red River rivalry, and I slowed down on that one. It used to be the shootout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, red River shootout was so much easier had River rivalry. Fritzy.
Speaker 12: I think it's pretty much everything I've been made fun of many times on my list, and anything that involves an s I just I'm just destroying it where it sounds like I'm having some kind.
Speaker 2: Of silly Will you do me the honor of saying the rascally Russell Westbrook three times.
Speaker 7: Rascally Russell Westbrook, rascally Russell Westbrook, rascally Russell Westbrook outstead.
Speaker 1: I think once you get to I think three is doable.
Speaker 4: Five is when you sat at the wall.
Speaker 2: I'll take your calls eight seven seven three DP show. I know we're coming up to the back end, but I'm hanging over time with you guys. I'll call you up a call out show. We'll be back with our lot of good stuff today. Right what are we doing the player that day, sports history, sports history, We're gonna do it all. What we learned, what we learned, We're gonna learn something right now when we come back on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live every day at YouTube dot com. Slash the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Now I've learned.
Speaker 2: I've been muting myself because I walk away from the microphone. So finally something ESPN could never do. Now I'm being muted. Well done, Dan Nettes. Let's stay in front one of the microphone reality please.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at this. My friend Kevin Clark is with us.
Speaker 2: I've waited for this for so long, Kevin Clark, this is football.
Speaker 1: O maha.
Speaker 2: Of course, ESPN my main man who took his son Teddy to the Yankee game last night, and he's walking around with a jersey that said legend.
Speaker 4: I love that, and not only that, it had Mickey Mouse on the front. As a proud Disney employee, we had to we had to shout out them. But no, no, I I it was Uh. He's obsessed with the Yankees. As you know, I do have one. I have one. I have one dad question for you. Okay, Yankee Stada not to not to hijack this. So last night we go to the playground on the third or fourth level and as we're there, a moonshot goes high into the air and he sees it because we're level with it, and it goes over his head and he's mesmerized, Okay, mesmerized, like this is a foundational moment in his life, seeing a major league baseball go high in the air over his head. Probably it felt like it was close enough to grab, and obviously it wasn't. Maybe fifty feet okay. Juli Ardriguez hit Okay, goes into the the right field bleachers and he's mesmerized. On the way home, he goes, Daddy, which Yankee hit that ball? And I had to say, so, I said, Son, that was Spencer Jones. And now he's going for telling mom, Spencer Jones hit a home run that went right by my head. And and it was this ethical of me. And now my feeling is he's obsessed with the Yankees. He's gonna have this forever. Maybe he'll fact check it in thirty years. I don't know. Was this an ethical?
Speaker 2: Dad, Well, you only find out when he applies for colleges.
Speaker 1: I love Taddy, loves seeing him out there.
Speaker 2: We have a story today, Kevin that I just need to get your take on before we get to everything You've done, all the great conversations you've had with the Bills at Bill's camp and Lions Jade and Daniels cease and desist. Have you ever been served a season desist letter?
Speaker 4: By the by the way, not yeah, but the day is young.
Speaker 2: It's possible your wife has a bullet surprise winner. Yeah, I am now obligated to say, I am proud to say.
Speaker 4: I don't think she's gotten. She's got. She gets lots of scary lawyer letters, but nothing, nothing arises to a level of.
Speaker 2: This from Jade and Daniels attorneys to LSU saying number five, Nope, nope, nope, you can't give that away.
Speaker 1: You can't let someone else wear that.
Speaker 2: And I am thinking of you, my friend, the Miami Hurricane eACT. You are a Hurricane EAC. And let's think Ray Lewis, ed Reez mm HM, Benny Tested, Bertie, Bertie Cozar.
Speaker 4: George Meyra, number ten. Okay, listen, a lot of numbers you wouldn't think are because it's you know, they played football for like seventy years before they got good basically. But a lot of great numbers, a lot of greats. So I think there's a lot to this story. I think it's a perfect August thirteenth story. Thank you lawyers for dropping this. I saw a couple. Hey, shouldn't it be worried about training camp. He's worried about training camp. His lawyer is worried about us and getting through this content week. So I appreciate you, Jade and Daniels lawyer. So they're trying to say, now, if you see the last couple hours, oh no, this is unrelated. We just don't want them using the nil Okay, we don't using the name management image you likeness, but we know timeline wise, it was a reaction to dj Pickett, who was a five star out of Tampa last year, who, by the way, is the Studs SI's four cornerbacks in NFL very soon, a very very good player. So Brian Kelly promised the number five. Jane Daniel gets upset about that. I understand that part, But now people I think are I saw a bunch of LSU fans diminishing with Jane Daniels a couple. She won the Heisman Trophy. He had one of the most explosive play rates of anybody in the history of college football. I know Joe Burrow retired as their left college having the most touched on passes in history. He has that record till Billy Zappy has it gets it two years later. But Jayden Daniels put up almost just as good numbers. Okay, he doesn't win NAT Championship because the defense was off on. Brian Kelly was the worst coach at Ozeon in Baton Rouge in Baton Rouge. Okay, but I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna broaden this, Tony. Yeah, you mentioned Miami. We can't be retiring college numbers. We can't do it. There's too many plays. The house settlement just went to one hundred and five players. Okay.
Speaker 1: On scholarship we got two number twelve players. Two number thirty six is we don't even know who's on the field.
Speaker 4: We're lucky, We're lucky. If we have two to a number, we have to be throwing three off our special teams.
Speaker 1: I think I think I hear you on that.
Speaker 2: But if someone were to come in, even if his name were Teddy Clark and say you know what I want Ray Lewis's number in Miami, I think I think I'm the guy to take that number.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So they this is this is they faced this issue. They reissue jersey numbers that have been retired or honored wherever you want to call it. Yeah, and this is what you should do. They put up patch. They put a patch there that says Ray Lewis.
Speaker 2: Solve this already, the branch already.
Speaker 4: So what DJ Pickett has to do? This fall easiest thing in the world. It's got a little patch on his right shoulder that says Jaden Daniels with a Heisman trophy logo.
Speaker 1: Here we go, des oriented Kevin and.
Speaker 4: Then DJ on TV all the time, every time they show him from honoring James's.
Speaker 2: Solutions oriented Kevin Clark. This is why thirty one percent win percentage on Around the Horn. Second in show history, Jalen Hurts. You got to explain this to me because just two days ago, I'm watching Kevin Clark makes some great television on first take defending Jalen Hurts and saying, I don't know why he gets criticism that others don't.
Speaker 1: He won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And now we have social media of the team posting a video and it's not just a video.
Speaker 1: Let me get my take out here. First, this was cinematic.
Speaker 2: This was score sazy, the deep focus on Jalen Hurts to start the video. In Beauty a full sunlit sunflair like jj Abrams took him by two direct I don't know what I'm doing. And then the interception, and now we're seeing interception and they're celebrating Hugh Mitchell's interception, but everyone's focused on Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: What is happening here?
Speaker 4: There were a lot of examples Tony in the last twenty four hours of teams that cut out who threw the pass on a social media interception. I look at it differently. I think the Eagles fans, no Eagles Eagles fans and whatever media. I think that Jalen Hurts is the guy. No one's trying to bench him, no one's trying to run out of town. I don't think his confidence is gonna get shot because queeny On Mitchell is one of the best cornerbacks in football. Interception. I just don't think it's that big a deal. I don't think. I think if you're in Cleveland, Tony and it's Shuldar Sanders and you're trying to pump him up and you're trying to have his confidence go or whomever Dylan Gabriel in Cleveland, because you're in a competition, that's one thing. No one's taking Jalen Hurts's job. Tanner McKee's not not taking Jalen.
Speaker 2: The only doesn't play here, Kevin. I know it's not a big deal unless the fans think it's a big deal. Let me let me this is my own I'm positing a theory here, the master take maker.
Speaker 1: You remember the doomsday clock.
Speaker 2: H This was the thing, a big thing course in our age in school and it was Cold War or whatever it was. We solved the ozone layer and you find out the doomsday clock.
Speaker 1: I remember this.
Speaker 2: We solved the ozone layer in the nineties or whatever, and I was told the doomsday clock was much better.
Speaker 1: It moved to eleven fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like fifty seven.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound better, and it should be like six thirty, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jalen hursh just won a Super Bowl one and a half seasons ago. Why does it feel like in Philadelphia there's a doomsday clock on him that's always at eleven fifty seven. Maybe not that he's gonna take his job, but that he's not good. The doomsday clock should be at six thirty am for Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 4: He gets punished for having good players around to him in a way that I'm not sure I've seen with modern quarterback play. I don't know, Mahomes is a lot better than Jalen Hurts. Okay, that's just the way it goes. But no one is saying, hey, when Mahomes came into the league, he had Tyreek Keley had Prime Travis Kelsey, he had the All pros in the offensive line. We had Cream Hunt in the backfield, did Andy Reid? He had advantages. And the only person it's driving me nuts, the only person who gets criticized for having advantages is Jalen Hurts. We just talked about with Jayden Daniels. Jadan Daniels had basically no advantages at LSU, bad coach, bad defense. You know, good skill guys, but not you know, not Jamar Chason and Justin Jefferson, like Joe Brow did. The discourse around Jalen Hurts has gotten so toxic and annoying that I have felt the need to become a Jalen Hurts defender. And even now everybody's shortening the Eagles. Look at that roster. When I went around Tony to my training camp tours, I'd go to places like Buffalo and say, hey, guys, who's the second best player on this team after Josh Allen? And they go, oh, Dean Dawkins kind of added off year. Maybe it's Spencer Brown. There are maybe six or seven guys who credibly on the Eagles would be the second best player, and a lot of contenders, A lot of you mentioned Quinnion Mitchell, Quinna Mitch will be the second best player, and a lot of teams that we're trying to get into the Super Bowl picture, and he's not the second best player on the Eagles. So it's driving me nuts that media and fans not only want a short Jaalen hurts, they want to get they want to move the Eagles out of the quarterback one the Super Well.
Speaker 2: You off the toxicity, then let's get to the puncuctivity here. You just reference the Bills. You talk to Joe Brady, and you talk to Josh Allen. Josh Allen told you you keep on knocking on that door, the door is going to open up. Is patients the right mindset for Josh Allen in year nine?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a dangerous us a habit to get into to say, okay, what's gonna happen? But it will happen with John. I got a question on tvesterday which quarterback Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen do you do you think will win a Super Bowl? All three will win a Super Bowl. I actually think Joe Burrow is probably the three mostion line this year because of the defensive moves of the Bengals made. But I think Josh Allen's gonna win a ring. I think he's gonna win a Buffalo. I just think that panic is the wrong way to go about it, right, Changing everything is the wrong way to go about it. When you look at Baltimore League a Buffalo. One thing they did was, hey, guess what on the offense side of the ball, quarterback, We're good. We're not gonna freak out. We're not gonna do wholesale changes. You're gonna bringing Joe Brady, who's done the schemes for Josh Allen for two years now, and you're gonna Ben jesse Mentor in Baltimore to fix up that defense because Lamar Jackson's gonna handle things in the offense. Panic is a bad thing. I don't remember a time Tony Reality where football panic led to anything good. So Josh Allen saying, hey, we were a couple of plays away against Den. They would have made the Super Bowl. They could have They probably could have competed with the Seahawks had they played. It wouldn't have been like they wouldn't have gotten the spam Bletz hit the Seahawks ran over and over and over again. So the whole thing hinders on a couple different plays. You don't panic. I remember Jim Harbaugh talked about Sissyphis right, rolling the rock up the hill. Yeah, rolling in the rock up the hill every single time. That's what you gotta do. And it stinks. It stinks, but that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Somebody to protect the rock from hitting Justin Herbert every now and then. That's what he needs to be focusing on. Right, too many bits for Justin? So you've been too many camps?
Speaker 4: Is off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you sense a different feeling in different camps and intensity?
Speaker 1: I mean this.
Speaker 2: Team is flat right now and they need to really ship up or shape out type feeling I know who yeah specifically yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when I used to do a camp tour that was twenty teams in twenty one days. Now I do ten teams in like fourteen days. And the difference is now I almost only go to good teams, and when I went to a bad team, the teams that were going to be bad Tony, I got exactly what you were describing. And it was always you'd always have this in Cleveland, not not now, but in the past, where it's like, you know, people come up to you the big thing, whether it was in Cleveland or some of these old, these old older you know, the Jets, whether it was the you know, there were a couple other franchises that have always been stuck in the mud, and you'd go to these places in August tenth reality and there'd be people trying to distance themselves from what was about to happen. They'd go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: In this soft season, it was he for now.
Speaker 4: I only went to Lyons brown Bill's Packers. So the Browns were the team that were probably not in playoff contention, but I felt like Todd Munkin is the right guy for that situation. So I really didn't go to a team where I was like, oh, I don't now I used to do that. When I used to do every team doesn't really happen anymore. You know, I didn't go. One thing is I didn't go to Pittsburgh, and part of it, Tony Is was timing and all that stuff. But I just don't see much going on in Pittsburgh. I don't see a happy ending there. I don't see you know, I fell at the hire with Mike McCarthy was a little bit weird reality when he's talked about having three coaches since nineteen sixty nine and everyone fitting the same profile. Right, young coordinator, let's go football, mind, Let's have twenty years with this guy, and we'll just set our clock and we'll see you in twenty years. One time they make a new higher. Mike McCarthy to me, feels like a stop gap, win now type of guy to maximize the window they have right now. The Steelers, to me, have never made decisions like that. That was what gave me Paula's on the whole thing. I think I had a lot of people Steeer fans been mad at me for tom about Aaron Rodgers and how sure he was throwing last year and how quick he was throwing. He can't move anymore.
Speaker 1: It's about to be shorter, It's about to be quick to be quicker.
Speaker 4: Exactly. He can't move anymore. He listen. He still has the vision that doesn't really go away. Although not I'm about to enter my forties, gonna be maybe my vision start to go. But he still got the vision. He just can't move and and so that that that's my concern. People are saying, oh, he didn't have enough targets the skill guys. Last year Arthur Smith was was uh, you know, giving him bad plays. Guys. I promise you if Aaron Rodgers could have.
Speaker 1: All right, you're you're allowed and clear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's it drives me.
Speaker 1: He can't move. I'm gonna ask you to move now.
Speaker 2: This is a rapid fire New Bill Stadium official Kevin Clark review giving it high mark.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that, Yeah, I got it, got it.
Speaker 1: Outdoor football is good good.
Speaker 4: I don't know reality why everybody decided that everything has to like Sofi Stadium so it canna have a Final four? And you know what Buffalo did that. I like, they said, we don't want we're not going to get a final four. We're not going to get a super to give a stadium for our fance.
Speaker 1: And and if you're at.
Speaker 2: The stadium, looking for the biggest screen you could watch. You've already got another problem. Watched the game cold Water. Clark dump Cold Water on a team right now that people think are higher than you think.
Speaker 4: I still want to see more from the Jaguars. I still want to see more from the Jaguars, who have a lot of buzz going into the season. I loved what Liam con did last year treating Trevor Lawrence, giving Trevor Lawrence a Baker Mayfield scheme where he's using.
Speaker 1: His legs a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Tons of confidence, but it was eight game sample size. Lawrence didn't take care of the ball and playoffs didn't take care of the ball in the early part of the season. I just want to see a little bit more vast one.
Speaker 2: You're hot goss, Kevin Clark for a reason. What's the hottest goss you're hearing in the NFL camps this offseason?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Oh, I have a good one. I have a good one. So a couple of gms told me that in the NIL era now that there are players who come to them because they're so conditioned from NIL that like on August thirteenth, they'll come and I go. This just isn't working. This just isn't working. I want to leave and they'll go. What there's no transfer portal here, back to come transfer portal here. You can't leave and go to South Carolina.
Speaker 2: This is the NFL, man, Yes, that is Kevin Clark. This is the NFL. This is Kevin Clark. The show is This is football Omaha and ESP and you're my main man, Casey. Thank you for doing this.
Speaker 4: Yankee