Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome home, y'all, this is our first episode of twenty twenty five. It's episode sixty one, and this is where you get all things politics, all things culture, all things us, lots of disagreement, but lots of fun. Where we give you all the things you need to do to argue with your family at home. So yeah, oh yeah, what are we talking about today, y'all?
Speaker 3: Hell me college?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Why? And what else?
Speaker 3: Because you out of uniform?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm out of uniformer. You guys out of your worm We're out of uniform. Well, well, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Kind of looked like you were in a Make America Great Again hat with my vision.
Speaker 3: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: That not wonderful.
Speaker 3: This is my college of choice, wonderful.
Speaker 4: Mind you Andrew?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: What'd you guy? Today? What were we talking about?
Speaker 1: Under this administration? That might be the only HBCU y'all end up with.
Speaker 3: In fill in College, but the fictional.
Speaker 1: I digress, Yes, the only one remaining. You know.
Speaker 4: The thing that I want to talk about today is Mark.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Happy New Year?
Speaker 1: You guys? So damn well, I feel like you're rude because I started off by saying, this was our first episode of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: There is a difference between our first episode of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year? Andrew how many? How many days are we going to say Happy New Year?
Speaker 3: Uh? We debated this. I thought it was appropriate to say, you know, up untilout the middle of the month. Actually, Tiffany, you and I talked about it, and you said, like the first.
Speaker 1: Week, Yeah, well, what about if we have happy news? That may take us out of the happy New Year. But it's somewhere, someplace where we need the native Lampard family to weigh in. We were nominated for an NAACP Image Award Outstanding Podcast Series, and I think that it is time for us to honor that. We got to tell the people to go vote at NAACP Image Awards dot net and also someplace where there's more of an electoral college system is with iHeart. We were nominated for Best Political Podcasts. Folks will get to vote there, but we are excited to be nominated for both of those.
Speaker 3: So yeah, awesome, awesome, awesome, thanks for bringing that energy.
Speaker 4: But we do still have stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: So what I want to talk about was this was mine. Mark Zuckerberg did a whole State of the Union speech yesterday for about five minutes talking to us about why there were no longer going to be fact checks or fact checkers on the Meta platform. So I want to get into that because many of you know that you have Facebook and Instagram and the Two Hour One. They are owned by Meta, which y'all.
Speaker 4: Got, okay, So I want to talk about So I've heard from a lot of you guys over the holidays and even in the new year, that you're just exhausted, you're not tuning in, you don't want to hear you know, what this administration is up to. And so it led me to think about isolation and the fact that many of us are isolated, even outside of politics, isolated in our own lives, and so what that means when it comes to our democracy. And I'll get into some of the data when we get into the discussion, but looking for.
Speaker 3: I love it, and I think I'm ready how many of y'all, how many of y'all knew that Ron DeSantis has single handedly removed at least two democratically elected officials in Florida who were district attorneys in the state of Florida, one of which, by the way, and that's the one I want to talk about. Monique Worel, who is down here in Florida, got removed by Ron de Santis, got re elected in twenty twenty four, and now it's potentially threatened again with removal by this same dictator. Want to be let's get.
Speaker 1: In it, okay, And well, speaking of let's get in it, I just want to do a quick focus group poll to transition us. How many of you all believe, and this is the focus group here in Native Lampid, Tiff and Andrew, how many of you all believe that if Joe Biden would have stayed in the election, he would have won. Please raise your hands? Okay, Well, Joe Biden is an audience of one, and that's what he said. And I think that's all we've got to say about that.
Speaker 4: So what else we getting into.
Speaker 3: No, but that's a great place to hear from the listeners too. I am curious because it was a fierce fight, y'all. Remember we had just exploded about it two days before the whole thing blew up and we had a whole new nominee. So I'm curious to know if there are those of you all who are holdouts, are like man, we should have left that man alone and we can still be empowered.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I feel like that's not our audience. But we shall see right, Well.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: Black people rode for him to the end that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, always Well, I guess we could start with Facebook.
Speaker 4: Why don't we rowe that clip from Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 5: First, we're going to get rid of fact checkers and replace them with community notes similar to X. Starting in the US, after Trump first got elected in twenty sixteen, the legacy media wrote NonStop about how misinformation was a threat to democracy. We tried, in good faith to address those concerns without becoming the arbiters of truth, but the fact checkers have just been too politically biased and have destroyed more trusts than they've created, especially in the US. So over the next couple of months, we're going to phase in a more comprehensive community notes system. Second, we're going to simplify our content policies and get rid of a bunch of restrictions on topics like immigration and gender that are just out of touch with mainstream discourse. What started as a movement to be more inclusive has increasingly been used to shut down opinions and shut out people with different ideas, and it's gone too far.
Speaker 1: So he's going really far, including moving one of the content teamersible for fact checking over from California to Texas. He talks about the you know, the reason why they launched this fact check team and how it ended up really restricting folks. One of the things that I think is fascinating about this, and you know, you guys, we've talked about this once before around the Trump administration moving to dismantle in some ways the FBI right and so this is one of those places again where there may be, as Tip would say, some strange bedfellows. We have a number of friends, there are a number of black influencers on Facebook on Instagram who regularly complain about their content being censored and taken down and restricted. And so I'm curious to know if this is something that is only going to be for Trump supporters and folks who are you know, spewing hate speech around immigration, immigration reform, around gender, or will it also be expanded to include everything that says BLM. The other thing you all should know. In this five minute State of the Union, he says that they restricted quite a bit political content on the platform and that they are now going to open that back up. So now I'm wondering if our Instagram mentions about to be popping. That's what I want to know, because we knew that our stuff was also being restricted. We weren't we would get a certain number of views and the lights would plummet and that kind of thing. So we'll see if we too will be impacted by this. I want to know what y'all think about this move. And he even references in this clip that he wanted to have a community base of fact checkers or folks that weighed in with community notes, as he says similar to Elon Musk's X. So I'm curious to know what you'all have to say about this.
Speaker 4: Folks, don't jump at once. I'm jumping well. You know, I'm reminded of what happened in twenty sixteen before any of these standards and practices were put in place at Facebook, and what we saw were foreign entities using Facebook in particular and Instagram to target people who look like us, specifically, the Internet Russia Agency spent millions of dollars on these campaign ads, and so now I'd imagine Russia has company. I'd imagine Iran might have some desired influence here. I imagine China might have some desired influence here. And so that's very scary, and I think it's it's senseless not to imagine that were it more a more progressive administration been elected, that Mark Zuckerberg would not be instituting these policies. I think it's interesting to look at these tech giants who have come and bent the knee, not only in policy but also in funding. None of these people have previously given to inaugural funds, and yet they are making it rain on Donald Trump, which really creates I think a very scary relationship between the private and public sectors, especially with you know, President Elon Musk and his vice president Donald Trump, and all the ways that Elon Musk has these multiple tentacles in the United States government and he is essentially overseeing policy to regulate the regulators the people who would be regulating him. So I think it's a scary time. I think we are in a time of misinformation, disinformation, and quite frankly, a lack of interest in any information that doesn't directly benefit us. So I think we'll see a lot of danger from these policies. The question I have for really you Angela, because Andrew, I know you don't really traffic and social media much, but like I've pretty much I'm off Twitter. It's just such a graveyard there. It's not even you know, anything interesting there anymore. But I am on Instagram, and I do wonder what is our role particularly is you know people on this podcast, but also you know, I post other things about other things on Instagram, and I want am I being hypocritical by staying on that platform knowing what it is. I'm on you know, Amazon, I order things on Amazon, have Amazon Prime. At what point do we divest and then where do we go to spread information?
Speaker 3: I think it's you're not geting you news from Amazon anymore. Huh.
Speaker 4: Well, the Washington Post is owned by Amazon and a cartoonists quit just this month because she had, you know, had this cartoon where she showed the tech giants on bended knee and the Washington Post refused to run it. This is unheard of it's a ridiculous thing that we're seeing right now that is increasingly normalized. So I don't know crazy.
Speaker 3: How their egos gets so twisted over a uh cartoon basically uh, you know, bringing to animation the truth because you're talking about two of the wealthy, the wealthiest man in the world and then closely followed by Zuckerberg, and these clowns still haven't made enough money to stand up two strong men like Donald Trump. They got goog gobs more money than this dude, and they and they are they're not just bending a need. They are weak in the need.
Speaker 1: I don't think they I don't think I don't think they're bending to Donald Trump. I think that they are finding ways to get Donald Trump to bend to them. I think if you listen to the whole thing that of what Mark Zuckerberg says in this I keep calling to stay in the Union of Meta. But what he says in there is, you know, we we are being restricted in all of these other countries, and there are you know, there's a restriction on content, and we're being censored and all these things, even in China. So as soon as he said China was.
Speaker 4: Like dang, the most important thing to him are the numbers.
Speaker 1: So if he can find a way to get into China, to stay more present and not be fined in Europe or in the EU, he is going to be winning. It is about problem.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't, Yeah, Angela, I'm just saying he's the fool then, because all of us who observe Donald Trump knows that Donald Trump is only loyal to Donald Trump. I mean this man. You can literally be on his private plane with him, you know, watching SpaceX takes off, take off. One day, Hello, Speaker Johnson, and the next day the man could be torpedoing your key closing legislation right to your damn face and then waiting to the last minute. I don't disagree with actually almost the last minute. All of saying is I think any of these guys who think that their flattery of Donald Trump is going to hoist them into permanent ownership is going to be foolish. Donald Trump is always going to be fami and.
Speaker 1: It's not flattery, it's profit. And to that point, I want to run this flood. No, it's I think that there will be a strategic alliance with Donald Trump and the CEOs and how they fund things. It's no secret then Elon Musk, right, So let's be very clear. I want to go to a Nobel laureate, Maria Ressa, who runs a company called Rappler Rappler talk and hear what she says about Facebook's mover, Zuckerberg's move to get rid of fact checking really quick.
Speaker 6: I still believe there are good people inside Facebook, but the moves like this exploits is opportunistic. It exploits the election of Donald Trump, the president. Trump in his second term already has a product plan twenty twenty five. The man that was banned by Facebook when violence erupted on January sixth is now the pied piper for big tech CEOs. That just shows you the gap between values, standards and ethics, which I still am looking for from tech and profit.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I think that there's the pie piper is because I and people say often like he's very smart. I think he's a brilliant salesman. I think there are a lot of people behind him that are the profiteers and figure out a way to manipulate him, to get him to do the things that they want him to do. We saw it with Russia in twenty sixteen and throughout his term.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying I don't disagree. Disagree what bothers me the most about this, y'all. And if you, as of our resident journalists here, know the declining stature that traditional news sources have in the minds of the American people. I just pulled up Pew's end of last year twenty twenty four October survey, which showed that to the question of where consumers, customers received their news actual news sixty four percent, get their regular news off of next door sixty two percent, off of TikTok, Facebook sixty percent, Snapchat sixty percent, Instagram fifty nine percent, while men make up the greater share of those on Reddit sixty eight percent, wow X sixty four percent, Rumble sixty percent, truth Social God Help Us fifty eight percent, and YouTube fifty seven percent. So these folks are they are? They are now the arbiters, the highway by which we all must travel to get information.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously you know sister Hillman over there got twenty direct, first and secondary sources, so her news going to be legit. But everybody else is going to be going through basically reading fairy tales. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the scary part of that is it transcends political party, it transcends socio economics, you know, like people. I have seen highly intelligent people share misinformation that was completely inaccurate. I have seen people who traffic in nonsense and foolishness post something that I think is inaccurate and actually it turns out to be true. So it is accessful of misinformation and not everyone is always intentional. But that's why I always try to say share responsibly, because the truth is, it takes but a second to fact check something that you know. You can google something to see if it's true or not, or consider the source, or don't present it like, hey, this is what happened. You can say, according to this website that I am not familiar with, they posted this, I don't know if it's true. I would discourage people from sharing anything that you don't know what's true. But I think we're going to see so many problems with this, and then this is a subject for another day. But when you couple the tech giants, the misinformation was generative. AI, Oh my god, I think we are trafficking in an error of scary ignorance. I know we have a break well, and I was gonna say tip on that point, just on that specific point, the SEO of Rappler actually talks about AI as it relates to this whole concept. I hope you guys take a listen to that interview. It's really powerful.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our EP Lauren Hansen for telling us about it. It is incredible. And she even says, and Martin Zuckerberg may be on the receiving end of this because there was a genitive AI post about him right after he made this announcement to really test how serious he was about fact checking. So not only are people gonna have to cite the source, now they're gonna have to dig a little different to find a source familiar with that doing decimal system. And I will be back on the other side of this break is.
Speaker 3: So Tiff and Azela, I know we got to move on to the next topic, but I am curious, do you think, just just picking up from what we just discussed around this technology and merger with politics, do you think there's ever been a time in the American police economic system where the allies ship of big money, big industry, and politics weren't always working together, handing glove in some way toward greater profit profit margins for yes, the big barons, but also for the elected officials who were in part recipients of their largest through political support, so on and so forth. You know as well as I do studying history that the big barons of the day, the big tycoons, could pick up the phone and get directly to the president of the United States. They could pick up the phone and get directly to heads of foreign nations. That's just how sympotical the relationship is. I'm just I guess the question for me is is there anything really new here?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, but this kind of puts me in mind of that. I thought you were gonna talk about the viewer question. Politicians are listening to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Well, when you said bring us with a question, I thought I didn't know it was gonna be your question. But I actually like the question you're asking because there's never been a time, no, I mean, even the inception of America, the enslavers were the power brokers the people right exactly exactly can we play that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love to hear it now that you mentioned it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't see the whole thing, but I think she was asking about like who, something about intelligence and who people are listening to.
Speaker 3: Okay, what up Native Land.
Speaker 7: This is Craig and Brooklyn. I just have a quick question for you. Got well before I get answered my question. Happy holidays and I hope you all have a blessed New Year. But my question is this. Once a friend of mine in grad school asked me this question. She was from the West Coast. She said, Craig, where is the black intelligentsia hang out in Brooklyn? And I honestly couldn't answer the question. I don't know if I can answer it now, but it did start making me think about this question about the intelligencia. I've been thinking about your last episode when you were talking about Shavel versus Deep, and I'm thinking, okay, So the role of the intelligencia, according to some of my further reading after I didn't know what the hell of intelligencia was, is that their role has been to influence politics, influence culture. You know politicians, I guess in that time looked at them for advice on how to run the world, and you know, how to lead the culture. My question is, is there an erosion of the intelligencia in this country right now? Or have you reached the point where politicians and leaders don't really listen to intellectuals anymore?
Speaker 3: Thoughts on this?
Speaker 7: Let me know, happy to yeah, y'all.
Speaker 1: Can I just say before we get into the question, and maybe there's a sign that maybe we should be reading the tea leaves because the brother had on a only fan shirt. So my question is should we have only This is what happens when the intellectuals meet the dummies. I just I'm focused on.
Speaker 4: The only fashion the intelligencia only fans page. What would that look like?
Speaker 3: What you think they're doing?
Speaker 4: That am called tips toes. I was gonna say, I don't want to show my feet, but we can show my toes. I don't want to see my face, but if I can make me some coins showing my toes, I'm okay with that. I don't want anybody know what this means.
Speaker 1: A red lobster is different as the people from.
Speaker 4: The ankles down. If y'all want to see my feet and y'all can pay me in red lobster gift cards, look cars, this man is. It's all about intelligency, y'all. Ended up in conversation of the entire pub the intelligencia.
Speaker 1: He's like, they don't know where they are, like where they are not here?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are wondering though, like where do the folks gather?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Like where is that? Well, I think people wonder where is that, you know, algonquin roundtable? In my community? Where can I connect with like minded, intellectually curious people. So I love that people are at least looking for that, So find your tribe wherever you can. But I do I understand his question to mean there is this constant dumbing down of the American public, and even when you listen to Donald Trump, there is not sensical, Like if you read the transcripts of some of this man's speeches, like this is a bunch of non sensical, non secular thoughts that he is just stringing together and made very like I appreciate and in politics, as you well know, Andrew, you had a way of communicating very complicated government policy in a way that is digestible and consumable to the masses. That is talent. That is not what this administration does. They go out there and say a bunch of stupid shit and their audience applauds it, and they receive it because that is that is the way that they can receive it. And I think that's a dangerous time. I mean, there, it is not a bad thing to be smart. It is not a bad thing to be intellectual. It's not a bad thing to say I don't know this. Let me have some curiosity and look this up. And I'm telling you, guys, I just think we're getting further away from that. And again I would say that is not partisan either. I think that exists on both sides of the divide. The scary thing is that their leader is the one saying these stupid things, and he has smart people around him who capitalize off of the ignorance of so many people in this country.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually surprised that you would co locate intelligence or brilliant with public officials automatically, because I long go go stopped equating. What to say it differently, that if you are elected, if you are at the helm of governmental institutions on and so forth, that there is something there is there, there is some intelligence that is immediately inured to you by virtue of your tile your position. I think when I was a lot younger. I thought that, and you get up and there his maniacs. I mean talking about Guam tilted if you kill a.
Speaker 4: Members flag on the plate. I don't even know the story though, so ill and.
Speaker 3: Send it to you in a check.
Speaker 4: But for the viewers we talked about, so the view the people listening, can you just tell us briefly and am.
Speaker 3: Member Tigris was in a hearing about the expansion of a military base on the island of Guam Okay and he was concerned and in his questioning of the general or whatever the title military official, was that if we were to build uh a more infrastructure cement on Guam, that wouldn't the island just tip over? You know?
Speaker 1: And on all social media platforms.
Speaker 4: But I'm curious, why is that about, Like, if that's what happened, what is your defense of that? Like, why is this one of my members, ma'am?
Speaker 1: It's one of my members?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think this is where I'm not. I'm not beholden to anybody like I think that is. It was.
Speaker 1: It was the talent, silly moment, and I think that he deeply regrets it. I think that on the side that they regret deeply regret every damn day.
Speaker 3: Wait, guys, this is not deeply regrettable.
Speaker 4: It is about intelligence.
Speaker 1: He's an attorney Johnson. Hank Johnson said it. I wondered if the island would cap size.
Speaker 3: And first of all, you fell into her trap. She knows exactly what.
Speaker 4: If I did, I would have I would have explained it myself.
Speaker 1: A liar, she when you can tell, and was lying. I really believed her that she didn't know what it was, because she's can you remind me of who that might have been?
Speaker 3: I haven't say that again. That plays the basketball team.
Speaker 1: In the league. It's I think anyway, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: So, getting back to crickspot, can I just say this on a serious note, which is, we do have institutions organizations that were primarily existed for the black intelligentia to communicate, to have fellowship, but also to think, to ponder on higher things, which means not just how am I doing in the society in the world, but how do we create structures that give rise and lift to new economies, new work, new leaders, And how do we hold those black folks who do ascend them to those places? How do we keep them connected, hold them accountable, have them feel responsible to us for having them gotten them there and they're holding them there. I mean on that pie five also known as the Boulet, which you can.
Speaker 4: He's bogie Bogie. We knew that already. No, no, no, never, and Andrew, don't ever call me elitist again, all your little shade. I wish I had known that.
Speaker 1: You remember the link proudly. So I'm just saying, stillmer all the organization treated some people.
Speaker 3: That's but I agree, I agree. But all I'm saying is is that there are places that still exist who primarily like to emphasize their focus on layering where black folks are able to ascend to in our society.
Speaker 1: I think that is more about ascension and act excess than it is about influencing policy or influencing the collective's ability, upward mobility and the collective success.
Speaker 3: Here in Florida, when we have the Legislative Black Conference, it's those organizations that are here putting forth a Black agenda, an agenda for the A.
Speaker 1: I would love to do the Bullets Agenda for Black America. Yeah, the I love to see it.
Speaker 4: I have never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 3: But all I'm saying is And by the way, I don't have to be affiliated with IT groups. You don't have to be affiliate with any of them. Oh lord, yes, anyway, can I just.
Speaker 1: Tell you do We've been answering this question for fifty minutes. I'm just gonna say really quick, I don't think that intelligentia's influence should be restricted to black folks. We should be influencing everybody. Whether you find yourself in the intelligencia whatever that means, or you're in a union and your intelligencia, or you work at a minimum wage job which should be a livable wage job in your intelligencia. We should all be using our collective influence to change policy. But Andrew, one of the things you said earlier was you learned long ago that the smarts was not reserved for the elected, and you have case in point with this more money coarrel situation. So hopefully we can get to that on the other side of this break.
Speaker 3: So Angela, before we transition from this point, I just want to say, first of all the entities that I mentioned, and this idea of a black intelligent class and the theories you know further explored by W. E. B. Du bois du bois, the boy du bois, depending upon who you who're.
Speaker 1: Staying, if you're talking to someone in the blue or.
Speaker 3: Not shut up girl. Anyway, they contemplated the uplift of all yeah.
Speaker 4: But I just have to I just want to see agree with it.
Speaker 3: I just want to see all I'm saying that we could, we could chase the organizations and have them, you know, do the deliverables and whatnot. But I will say this much the reason why what you said has to exist, we have to have space for it. And even in the labor movement, right when you elevated in the leadership and labor you were no longer necessarily on the line. Now you moved into rooms, into spaces circulated with people who were able to change the lived experiences of your members right where they were. And the reason why I think that's so important for our community is because, as we talk about all the time here, the luxuries that exist for people and then the ones that just don't. And so if unions didn't elect leadership that they've then paid and exposed to these rooms, in these tables, that voice would not show up in the room. It wouldn't show up in the room so you don't have to be an Ivy League degree holder or be a part of any of the organizations that I name checked, to be part of a thinking group of people who are like, you know what, this shit sucks?
Speaker 1: Where we are intelligencia? Who is in it?
Speaker 4: I couldn't even begin to If you black and you intelligent, you and the black intelligencia, Andrews, we should.
Speaker 1: Have a mini podcast Black intelligentsia and we should start developing a list.
Speaker 4: Okay, have an idea opposite black and what is it? Okay, this is my mini pod idea. We don't have to do it this week, but I want to do a mini pod on slang of the country, different regional slang. I will tell y'all this is Albert's idea, because he was giving me all this West Coast slang. Damn say this? Do you say that right? And he was like, y'all do this as a mini I was like, Angela, be all over this. And he was saying stuff that they say in l A. I'm like, I've never said that, Andrew. You and I have talked about you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My wife retold the story when we went to go buy furniture for our first house together, and the man was showing us the couch and the and my ass goes, you got to chesse a draw to go with it, and and it's like and he's it's just like sort of like this, and she said, do you mean chest of drawers?
Speaker 4: We call the dresser.
Speaker 3: And I said, oh my god, that makes sense, that makes so much sense. But everybody I grew up with like chess a draw will drop.
Speaker 4: Y'all slaying in the comments because when we do the mini pod, I want to be able to reference y'all to sure. Okay, well never mind too late, y'all to drop. Don't care. I don't care either way. I promise I.
Speaker 1: Can't thirty minutes into this podcast and we still ain't talking about it. Orel or tipt topic listen, listen.
Speaker 4: Because I know we were going to take a whole segment to responded that question.
Speaker 3: First of all, minutes we were talking about all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: About is going to give us a black agenda to talk about on this podcast? You go chilling, Andrew. I. I embraced my booge and my eedo. I was bumping kid.
Speaker 3: Jesse Tyson GRANDSI ar con okay, shout out to.
Speaker 4: Did they sponsor this segment?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: Say what the links ever gonna do sponsor this podcast? Because I love.
Speaker 4: Many of you all, nicolevid a ball event. Okay, please remember we started doing this. I'll land you on not inside of the break. I want to hear about Tlorida. So we'll go to the break and you can bring us back and tell us about and Florida and what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I absolutely those ones are right or that.
Speaker 3: So y'all we're back. And the reason why I know y'all think this is just a Florida sort of angle, and that's why I'm harping on it. But as we think about the fact that Donald Trump is going into the White House, we got we got the Sanders who want to be president of the United States. Just know that what we are about to experience in Trump two point zero, this, this this authoritarian, wanna be strong man dictator is going to be much more capable of playing that role of strong man. And I will say in part because he has sat in an armchair looking at Ron decentis in the state of Florida. And I don't say that as a former opponent. I say that as a citizen, as a resident of this state. Where in the case of Monique Warrell, who is the elected, duly elected, reelected state Attorney, and re elected state attorney covering Ostiola in Orange County, which, for those of you all are not familiar, is Central Florida, Disney World, the outskirts of it, Orlando and whatnot. But but but she stands on the shoulders of an already really important figure, harams Ayala, who preceded her as the first black woman ever elected state attorney and the entire state of Florida's history, and she came after her, and because she campaigned again, y'all remember twenty twenty, we had come out of the Year of George Floyd and people were starting to look open to looking at the justice system a different way, while she ran on a principal justice platform that basically said lock them up and throw away the kids, and not to answer to everything. In fact, let's look at the many ways in which justice can be carried out to the benefit of the victim, to the creating the wholeness of the victim, but also doing good and just for the society and the individuals, and this governor in Florida, Ron De Santis, decided that he would sign an executive order to remove her, suspend her as the state's attorney and cited for his reasons and competence, unqualified and soft on crime. Now, as you and I all know, y'all, when I run for an office like that, I run on a platform. I'm telling you what it is. I'm trying to accomplish. The voters then hear that and then make a declarative decisional election whether or not they want to advance that model or not. But this governor said, oh, I'm all powerful. I know you were duly elected, but because we have a philosophical difference, you're unfit for the office, and I hear by remove you. That thing went all the way up to the Florida Supreme Court, a supreme court where he appointed eight of the non justices that we're sitting on that bench, and of course they decided to rubber stent the governor's removal of her and would not reinstate her in office. What does she do? Like most hard working, good black women, I know, she stood right back up and said, I'm running again, and I'm going to reclaim my time and my position, my title, and the good work that we were doing. She ran in twenty twenty four, y'all, this past November, and even in a Florida where Donald Trump ran away with the electoral College and all that stuff, she got re elected sixty forty over her opponent. And do y'all know this past Tuesday when she was sworn in that already reporters, the Capitol Press Corps, everybody swirling with rumor that Ronda Santis is going to work to remove her again, except this time there is a prosecution that is possibly going to come forth from her neighboring state attorney in Polk County. Over some don't wait for the thing to drop, some trumped up mess to remove her from office and become the governor's justification for taking her out yet again. Again, this is not just the Florida story. To our listeners, for those of you all in Florida, please pay attention, please fight. This is why, Tiff, when you kept saying black women, we're gonna take a break and we're coming back in there. This is why it's never opportunity for us to step back from politics. Why because we're the first thing on the chopping block, the first thing swinging, and look no further than the story of Monique Warel, State Attorney. Congratulations on your reelections. We're with you in solidarity, and I'm asking our listening and viewing audience to please stay tuned to what happens in this case. This woman is dedicated, committed, elected, re elected, blessed, highly favored, but yet she is a target for the right and Angela and tiff we all know enough people in power who are black who have come under same and similar scrutiny for having done nothing at all.
Speaker 1: And that's just it. We should hear just for a moment from Moniquirel and talk a little bit more about this alleged grand jury investigation on the other side of this clip.
Speaker 8: Eighteen months ago, I stood on these very steps after being unjusted removed from office that you elected me to. I told you then that I didn't intend to give up, and as a result of you standing with me over these last eighteen months, today I am honored to return to the seat of the people's.
Speaker 3: State of time, the people people as a resident. Right, y'all, remember Kamala Harris saying I stood up and I said, Kamala Harris for the people, for the people. That's who elected this woman, the people. And a governor believes that he has the power because I disagree with.
Speaker 1: Well the Florida law sadly, if she is indicted by a grand jury, Florida law states that the governor has the power to suspend any any state official under those circumstances. Again to the point, Andrew, you have been a part of that. We know Marilyn Martin Mosby, who's pardon we are still seeking, has been subject to these types of issues. Kim Gardner in Saint louis subject to the same types of issues. Just because a prosecutor comes after you, and just because a grand jury indicts you based on the lies in an indictment does not mean that you are guilty. And so what the Florida voters are up against is whether or not their vote can super see the will of the governor, and how many times they have to demonstrate to the Florida governor what their will is. And I just I hate that this is happening, Andrew. Every time I look at Florida, I just think it would have been so much better if my brother would have won.
Speaker 3: Well, Angela, I gotta tell you, I'll go back to my premise. Which is the reason why this is so key for all of us, is the playbook has been played Pat and Donald Trump. We're gonna see this thing on scalable fashion when this man, when this man assumes office, and we just got to be vigilant, y'all. I've never thought that, just like Pence, couldn't just say I'm throwing out these votes, these Electoral College votes. This man said, I'm throwing out all tens of thousands of votes, and I one man gets to decide who holds that seat.
Speaker 4: I think that the concern that I'm seeing here is looking at this situation Andrew, which is a microcosm for what we've seen across the country, but then looking at the president elects, who himself is convicted of multiple felonies, and if this is a question we were kind of tuoling with in our group chat.
Speaker 1: Facing sentencings by the way, tip before his inauguration.
Speaker 3: Yes, is sentenced, he will not be a felon.
Speaker 4: Right, But I guess the question is in this country and I think we are sadly going to be confronted with, is if the president can do it and face no consequence. If the insurrectionists of January sixth can attempt to overthrow a government and face no consequence, then what is the law? Yeah, because what are the infrastructures of society that now govern us? Because they have said on their side, they have said we can throw these things out, and when we don't throw them out, we will weaponize them against our opponents. And that is the terrain of society that we are maneuvering in now. And I think it's a faffo, Andrew. I think people have throughund and now they're going to find out if people are increasingly tuned out, which I'll talk about on the other side of a break, But people are increasingly tuned out, which I understand. You know, I completely get it. People are righteously disgusted with it. But I just wonder, like the story that you told Andrew is not going to be above the fold on the New York Times. You know, it's not going to be leading coverage on CNN, it's not going to be breaking news on MSNBC. The thousands of ways that they bleed us by a thousand cuts before they decapitate us are the things that's going to lead to the downfall of society. And it is baffling yet not surprising to me that black women are often the people on the front lines of this fight.
Speaker 3: And that's says, you know, the reason why it won't lead any of those sites or sources or entities that you reference, because the target is us. Yeah we are. We are less than our percent of the population and elective office. Right, But how is it that every black elected official we can name right now has some kind of federal state probe going into them? At some point, said is Angela. At some point, this is no longer just a coincidence that black mayors, governors, senators, states a turn the prosecutors, you're telling me, the people who bring the cases if you black, are now on the other side of those cases which you're neighboring, prosecutors choosing to come after you doing the governor, the presidents and everybody else's bidding. And this shit has to stop. And what stops it the mechanisms. I used to believe in a Supreme court who said that democracy mattered, but when they decided to hand the kings over to a dictator, that stopped being the case. And now state supreme courts, which used to be able to be relied upon to follow the Constitution in law, are following the fashions of their republican god governor, and that becomes the dictator to how you don't even need to read the case law, y'all. You don't have to read the briefs. You don't have to read the weight of the argument. All you need to know is the political party the case on either side. And I can tell you in this state and now in this nation, where that's just going to end.
Speaker 4: Well, I wonder if we have time before we go to break to get in another viewer question.
Speaker 3: Please do we have time?
Speaker 1: Yep, let's do it. Yeah, it with a quick answer, not with a fifteen minute response, but yes.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted to talk about this particular one because what you're talking about, Andrew, is just the way that this administration is able to subvert the law. And I thought of you, or had a great question about how this administration is not only trying to subvert the law domestically, but on a global scale as well.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listion.
Speaker 9: Happy holidays, Native Land Pod, It's great to see you again. To the CEO of Black people. Merry Christmas to my forever governor. Happy Kwansa to my CAU sister.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year.
Speaker 9: If a la navidac, This is DONALDA, the drama teacher in Florida, coming at you again. I think you re remember that I spent my summer break in Central America where there is a thriving Black American expat They're not expats, they've moved there where there's a thriving Black American immigrant community in Panama, and that made me puts on my radar that our president elect has made recent threats to break the treaty with the Panama of Panamanians and take back and colonize the Panama Canal, to which their president has already responded with an FAFO kind of response. But I'm wondering, what do you think the response of our of the international community would be if the United States decided to break a treaty and try to commandeer the Panama Canal again. What are your thoughts on that? How do you think the international community would respond? Thanks? Happy hollow Days.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember when this came up during his first term in twenty nineteen, when he first floated the idea of buying greenland, and I remember I was on set with Craig Melvin talking about it, and I remember thinking, this is the most colonial boss I've ever heard, Like you can just go around and buy land common deer land by it was independent of the people. And it's kind of the same thing with the Panama Canal. It's a crazy thing. So just so people know, the Panama Canal is actually a man made waterway that it basically shapes how people can do business there.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like a cut it's what do you call it a cut through? Yeah, if we were on a road infrastructure, it's a cut through. So you don't have exactly exactly, you don't have to go all the way south of South America to bring goods and products into the Hemisphere. Yeah, hemisphere.
Speaker 4: Yes, it basically connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and it's the American businesses considerable times on this shortcut, exactly, Andrew. And it's interesting to me because there is vested interest in the Panama Canal, which has held by the way since the Carter administration. It even held in nineteen eighty nine, when then President George HW. Bush removed Noriega the Panamanian leader. So the fact that he is trying to upend decades of US policy in addition to his desire to buy Greenland. You all may have seen Donald Trump Junior was visiting Greenland this week. I found it interesting there that Russia has a vested interest in the Northern Sea, which of course is a part of Greenland. And so I look at these things and I am hopeful that the international community will not go for it. But I mean, experts will tell you if he tries to see these things, it will have to be done by force. No one is going to see their sovereign land. To Donald Trump, it doesn't matter about the paycheck. And so I just think about all of the threats, the multiple threats we have facing us across the globe. Uh, And I think, why would you ever invite this kind of international unrest to our shores?
Speaker 3: Because he doesn't he doesn't care. As you, Angela and I all know, the Panama Canals services three fourths of American goods. We pay three fourths of the taxes on the levees, if you will, for the product move through the Panama Canal. The next highest payer is China, and again they're a fourth of what what will we pay Now? If China decided that they were going to throw down and say we will come to a fisticuff and defense of the nation sovereign Panama, then that might be something that could put some skids on it. But the global community, they'll all issue statements and they will all say what a horrible and nondemocratic and a break with traditional international norms this is and treaties. But they ain't gonna do a goddamn thing because they cannot match the US force, which is what Donald Trump has always been someone who basically says the strongest are to always reign over the weakest.
Speaker 4: It can, but it can grossly damage our geopolitics in both of these regions. And I don't and this, but this is one of those things where people, you know, it sounds like something silly, and how that Donald Trump is so crazy talking about buying Greenland and season of Panama Canal and while whatever, and these are the things that can lead to a multiple layers of danger, economic danger, and warfare, a warfare with our country.
Speaker 3: So the community doesn't have to recognize it right going to Greenland and be like, oh, I'm just going to buy it in It ain't on sale Amazon, and so every international government can say we don't recognize it. We don't recognize it.
Speaker 4: From tuned out from it, and I know a lot of you all are tuned out. So on the other side of this break, I want to talk about how we are isolating and not being connected with what's happening in the world.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about that because I experienced it with a lot of friends and family members as well. I think some strategies need to be offered here.
Speaker 1: I want to also talk about whether or not it is greenland or Greenland.
Speaker 4: On the other side, what did I say? Did I say greenland?
Speaker 1: Saying greenland? Because you love nonsense anyway, break.
Speaker 4: Now, I was I think I was saying green hat.
Speaker 3: You gave it to.
Speaker 4: Names Greenland, Greenland, greenland. It depends on do you think Caribbean?
Speaker 1: I say, I say.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 1: That's one thing we say the same. That's because you're down there with the Caribbean, all right.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 10: Connecting through technology having friends online is not the same as having friends in person. And what has happened over time, especially as social media has become to such a deeply ingrained part of our lives is that we've moved from having contents to contacts, from having friends to having followers, a shift from quality of friends to quantity. And the truth is that there are certain things you can just say to people online that you would never say to them in person, right because you know it might be hurtful, or you might you know, adjust how you say it. But when we're in person with other people, it's just a richer interactions. See, because we evolved over thousands of years as human beings to actually have in person reactions, interactions to not only hear what somebody is saying, but to appreciate the tone of their voice and the expression on their face.
Speaker 3: And the bouch you means.
Speaker 8: That's why a lot of things get lost, the context gets lost.
Speaker 4: In the text that was doctor Vivic Murphy, Joe Biden's US Surgeon General, and he was talking about what he's been talking about for a while now, actually, and that is loneliness and isolation. And so I started reading about it, and I was really struck by a lot of the data. And I think all of us, the three of us here, have certainly experienced it. We noticed it even in our own personal lives with how we relate to people and our own social lives and how we go out. But in twenty twenty three, seventy four percent of all restaurant traffic came from takeout. So people are still patroning these restaurants, but they are not sitting there engaging with other people. They go and pick it up. That's according to the National Restaurant Association. That takeout number was up sixty one percent before COVID. Also, the number of adults having dinner or drinks with friends on any given night has declined by more than thirty percent over the past twenty years. Because initially I thought, oh, well, this is just post COVID and this is how things go. But no, it was happening already pre COVID. And even when we are sitting at restaurants, people tend to do so by themselves. According to data from Open Table, solo dining has increased by twenty nine percent in just two years. The typical American adult buys three movie tickets a year and watches almost nineteen hours of television. You guys, remember we used to go to movies. Now, let me tell you for me to go sit in the theater has got to be a damn good movie, because I'm like, well, where is the stream man? Where can I watch it? For over twenty years, from two thousand and three to twenty twenty three, socializing plunged by more than twenty percent. That's according to the American Time Youth Survey. That's a study conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Unmarried men and people young twenty five, that decline was more than thirty five percent. And we are categorizing this time as alone as you're the only person in the room, even if you're on the phone or in front of a computer. Men who watch television now spend seven hours in front of TV instead of hanging out with people outside their home. The typical female pet owner spends more time actively engaged with her pet then she spends in face to face contact with friends. And this is since the early two thousands that exact calles dog people. The amount of time that Americans say they spend helping or caring for people outside their nuclear family has declined by more than the third. So I bring this up to say I've heard from so many people it's like I love y'all native land. But I got it to now, like I just I can't. I don't want to hear what's happening. And I think we are increasingly building these silo empires to ourselves where it's brain rot and doom scrolling. We're not engaging with people, We're not talking. And I get it. This isn't said with any judgment, because it is. I have found, like over the holidays, when I was completely checked out and I wasn't reading the paper, is that I wasn't watching the news. I did find that my spirit was a bit lighter, you know. And I find that at this point in life, I only want to be around the people I know. I don't necessarily want to be around new people. Angela knows. If we're all going to dinner, and Angel's like, oh I'm going to bring someone, We're all like, we don't know them, you know, we is not.
Speaker 3: Them? Well what our questions are to Angela? Like you mean this with us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, Angela and no new friends, no friend just using I'm more likely to invice. But even that I just know, but I know it's against the rule. It's our machete dinner. If our is our native land dinner. If it's the three of us kicking it, it is. We are not like new friends kind of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not inside the inside the safe bubble, but they can have new friends individually, but not in the side safe mostly because who wants to put up with performative exactly right?
Speaker 4: Genuine authentic matters so much. But I do find myself increasingly alone, and it has been so normalized to the point where if I'm getting dressed going out to see people, that is a big, huge deal. And I'll tell you more often than not, I mad at you about that.
Speaker 3: I'm with you tif well.
Speaker 4: When you first of all, when you were in town for the sea, I would say I'm.
Speaker 1: Mad at that. I'm not mad. I know that you were sick. I know that you were sick and your plight was still but I am a little mad. Breaking news for those of you who do not know us inside the save bubble. I think out of the three of us, I'm the most spoiled and probably the most brady about it. So I have an unreasonable expectation that when I call these negroes, they pick up the phone.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And so.
Speaker 3: I don't call I know you in this hotel.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I don't call much, but like when I call, it's either an emergency, I got something real funny to tell you, or I got some real good like most of time was real good. It's about money. So I'm just like, please pick up my call because I'm not calling you for well, I can't say I'm never calling you freviously, but nine times I understand I'm not calling you previously. So I would like for your New Year's resolution to be just one in five? Can you just answer one in five calls?
Speaker 4: And so much? All about that a little bit the phone. So part of the reason why I and I missed. I faced the Vice president y'all twice because I was not answering my phone.
Speaker 1: Is keep but I'm talking about you.
Speaker 4: But but I'm not looking at my phone as my poont like my phone will be in another room and it'll be I keep it away from me sometimes.
Speaker 3: But because I.
Speaker 4: Have but I have so many miscalls, not that I'm like popping like that, but everybody be blowing me up. I have so many miscalls that I don't always look through and see because I'll tell you it is overwhelming to yeah, you that many times for it to be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: If you evening and if you give me a spa and it'll still good, you know. But I get you, yes, because if you remove yourself from it and just look at like it's this device that's living and breathing and begging for my ads, I want to right.
Speaker 4: I want to throw it out the winter. I typically go through and look at my you know, text or miscalls, and so when I'm trying to be present, and I definitely don't when I'm with people. I'm not looking at dinner. I'm not looking at my phone to say, if you live here and you said, hey, let's go to breakfast on Tuesday at night, I'm there. Let's have drinks on Wednesday breakfast. But I guess I think the point I'm making about is being attached to the phone and attached to these devices.
Speaker 3: And connect the attachment to those devices. It is much more that I think you hit on it. This anxiety, the energy that it takes to do a thing is a term that you all have helped me grow more accustomed to the thing that used to cost me nothing innes.
Speaker 4: It takes so much to even look at my phone. It takes so I'm.
Speaker 3: Because I feel the anxiety weigh down on me like this.
Speaker 4: In an unhealthy way. It's like an elephant on my chest and got I'm going down a roller coaster. That's what it feels.
Speaker 3: My phone goes a ringer when we leave kids with sitters. Otherwise, let me tell you, Like Christmas, I had the best time. This is getting to your point, Tiffany. I didn't know it was what I needed. But we had like thirty I mean my mother, my father in law, my father, my mother in law, my wife of godmother stayed with us, and I mean we fourteen sixteen people in the house, air mattresses everywhere. My kids weren't on their tablets, we were playing outside, we were talking, we were laughing. We spent the whole day in the house, never leaving and never getting bored. And I couldn't tell you where my phones were for about twelve days. I going to my friends who were like, we texted your America. I'm so sorry because I know you wish me and Mary Christmas, and when we see each other, we're gonna love and we're gonna embracing this that but that time that energy is spent again. I would not have written it in my wishless things to do, but when it happened, it was exactly what I needed. And I think it was that way for everybody who was in our space. Angela, do you hosted folks and you were like, I have the vibe days.
Speaker 4: On days it was good. But Angela, you're very responsive, and I like, one first station I have is when you're sitting with people and I've taken the time and I'm sitting across from you and You're like this the whole time. I don't like it. I never see you doing that, And I'm like, how the hell is Angela so responsive? Because when we're together, well, but if we're like about to do a live.
Speaker 3: Show solving the global problem, no, right, but.
Speaker 4: But but but when it's just like we're chilling, I don't see you like this. The whole time I had people over. Albert and some other folks came over my house over the holidays, and Albert was being silly, I have to send you the video because he was like, I don't consent to my video being taken.
Speaker 11: But if something happens, Collins and the right on the phone, something happens to be here, No, but I shout it out to be on the phone that much either.
Speaker 1: But I do take pockets and dedicate time to being responsive. The reason for that is it's funny that we're having this conversation because Leonetta. You guys know, Leonette is my best friend. She literally we were in a debate yesterday about why I should be her emergency contact. She was like, y'all never pick up the phone. So it's funny that with y'all, I'm responsive with most of like the rest of the people in my circle. My dad will tell you nine times out of ten he calls me it's a miscall, But I'm calling back in two or three minutes. I'm lucky if to call me back in two or three days. Okay. So she's like, we catch I have blown out and I'm no longer alive. I'm in the I see you. Can you please call me back? Man? But that's the thing. It's there's just pockets, and I think that some of it is from working on the Hill. I had a rule with my CBC team shout out to Steph and Brandon and Latrese and then later as Son and Fimi, But when we worked on the Hill, my rule was you return a call within twelve hours, and you return an email within three like period. And I think I try to stay that way because even though y'all are not my constituency, I feel like I owe something to the people.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be at my personal wellness and the expense of mind my health, But I think that it's not going to take much for me to take some time to get on my plate, because what gives me more anxiety than not responding is looking up. And I got five thousand text messages, and seeing that number, I'm like, oh God, I don't want. I don't I just can't handle that build up. Now. I'll handle a pile of clothes on the floor, I'll handle laundry pole and I don't care. But the text messages, even my emails, I think my emails. Let me see my emails.
Speaker 4: I want to declare a text bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred and nineteen thousand unread emails in here. I just gave up on that. I only have two unread text messages though, but.
Speaker 4: See even the text though. So it's a it's a conundrum, right, because the anxiety you're talking about is what I face all the time, which I wouldn't face if I were attached to my phone, if I was look looking at it and scheduled time like okay, from nine to ten, you're going to clear your inbox and deal with these things. And I don't do it. I let it build and build and build and build, and then it's like I'm too overwhelmed to go through all that. So if it's something important, I trust that, you know, it will bubble to the top. And the sad thing is, I know I'm going to talk to you, Like there are people who I may never respond to their you know, I may, and I'll miss it. And it's like six months later I see it. I did somebody in your family like that. I didn't see it, and then six months later I saw that they had text me. I was like, oh my dad, this is so terrible. Oh no, girl, Well you know here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. The cold part is now we're so connected. When y'all don't respond, guess who hears about it?
Speaker 4: Oh, you tell your will. Yeah, your dad never called me, by the way, he was.
Speaker 1: He don't you as soon as he wants you on the radio show. But and y'all don't respond to anybody, not just pop a rye, anybody. I texted y'all, friend, I texted Andrew. I texted I'm like, oh, and then I got to try to call y'all and neither one of y'all going to answer.
Speaker 4: But you know what I think we should do.
Speaker 1: We talked about postponing the slang that I was very excited about, but.
Speaker 4: To get we know that don't should get.
Speaker 1: We do like our audience, so we can get their feedback, n LP fans feedback. But what do you guys think about the part of this is selfish, but I kind of want to talk about health in the new year, and I feel like this mental health piece is important going into Trump's inauguration. Figuring out how we balance all that is important. But I also started some New Year's resolutions. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Why did you all of a sudden get blurred out?
Speaker 4: Are you the way it did? And then you were all mute? What is going on? Remember when he started think about what you've got mail?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, everybody can't afford you all expensive Enterney, what's the what's the dude?
Speaker 1: What was the commercial in the eighties where the do came on? Max? Was it Max? The Pepsi commercial crew? Right now, that's you, that's you, that's you, Andrew, that's how you look.
Speaker 4: You look crazy. I can't even read.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna see it though. He's gonna look regular when they see the footage.
Speaker 4: Is it time for cause to action?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we called and acted, but let's see what you doing.
Speaker 4: I gotta call it. Okay, well I'm cheating you.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: My first most important one is please vote, you guys. The NAACP voting. When does it in Angela?
Speaker 1: Do you know? I think n double a c P. I know ends on February seventh.
Speaker 4: Okay, my birthday is February sixth, and all I want for my birthday I remember out vote Andrewease. I don't know where that came from. It came from. That's the first image Awards dot Net.
Speaker 1: That's her collective call.
Speaker 4: To please vote, Tell your family and friends to vote, like overwhelm the website, to shut down vote vote, vote, vote vote vote Angela. Things were gonna have this new uniform of all black, which I can commit to in person, I don't know. On the podcast, every week.
Speaker 1: I promise on that person on the podcast News and Information on n doable a c Image Awards dot net under the Television and Streaming category. I'm giving this to get there. Okay, you should thank Andrew exercise your franchise.
Speaker 4: Yes, my other call to action is okay, so we're gonna postpone the slang mini pid, but so if you can drop us a video or comment with the slang that you use in your region, because West Coast folks got different slang than Down South folks. Down on South slang is different than Deep South slanes, different than Try State slang. Yeah sayings, you know, all the colloquialisms that define us as a people, and then there's gonna be some commonality in there, Like there are things that we all say that found its way across the country that is just exclusive to us. No matter how much they try to steal from us. We are a bottomless bucket of dopeness, of swagger, all of it. By the time they start saying it, we already and we keep right exactly. So I want to hear from y'all, what what do y'all say in your region that we might not be up on. Give it to us So that's my two calls to.
Speaker 1: Action that Andrew, what you got?
Speaker 4: Do you have a action? Not only are you blurry, but apparently there's a delay. I mean, okay, that was Andrew action year went out. Andrew's caught action is please start a go fund me for his dollars Andrew, so he can call a action.
Speaker 1: We'll pause for five minutes so you can get it out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'll ditto Tiffany's. Both Tiffany's calls and to add my own is and I think we'll do this in the mini pot further. But remember I told y'all last year, that was like two weeks ago, that I didn't do resolutions and themes. I had a little bit of a growth spurt on that and would ask those who are still refusing to do resolutions and those kinds of things, because frankly, they tend to remind us more of what we're not doing than the things we should be celebrating to join me this twenty twenty five and reconsider whether or not a theme, a set of goals in individualized momentum might be the thing that is needed to move you out of the way to having the best three sixty five you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Crazy Hello, we hear to that on the mini pod. Praise the Lord. I love it well. I am very grateful for you all. We are a rap at this point, so yep, okay, Andrew, I don't know where all of these accents and voices come from out of you randomly, but it's very scary. As always, we want to remind everyone to leave us a review and subscribe to Native lamppod. We're available on all platforms and YouTube. New episode drop every Thursday, with a special mini pod every single Monday. Don't forget to follow us on social media. We are your hosts, Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross and Andrew Gillum.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 1: There are six hundred and sixty three days until mid term elections. Don't where it goes by really fast.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, Welcome home. The last morning.
Speaker 2: Say thank you for joining the Natives attention of with the info and all of the latest rock Gulum and Cross connected to the statements that you leave on our socials. Thank you sincerely for the patients. Reason for your choice is cleared. So grateful it took the execute roads. Thank you for serve, defend and protect the truth, even if paint Welcome home to all.
Speaker 3: Of the Natives, We thank you.
Speaker 1: Welcome y'all. Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,