Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepga and I'm joined by Bloomberg Reportaclimba Lake, Good morning, Good morning. Equinor's one of the all majors swinging today because of the latest twist in the Ivan saga, the failure of those talks in Pakistan between the US and Iran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, we're seeing oil preally across the board, Equinor, BPNY, all of those companies after, as you said, those talks between the US and Iran over the weekend failed to result in a peace deal. And then also we have Trump threatening that blockade of the Strait of Horn moves and to that around said that US restrictions on the movement of vessels in international waters were illegal and constituted an act of piracy. So we're actually coming out of this weekend of peace stalks with tension potentially even higher and with even more potential disruption on the horizon to those global energy markets and supplies, and so we are seeing oil and natural gas prices surging in reaction to that, of course, and therefore we're seeing those oil companies also surging. So we're in a very different position than we were just a few days ago when that ceasefire was agreed and there was a hope that a more permanent piece could potentially be reached. But right now it's more likely that this war will be prolonged and widened, and that is a boost for energy companies, but not for many other sectors.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, indeed, although it must be said, there are three tankers that are trying to transit the straight up Homers by sailing close to the Ranian coast. Tankers that Bloomberg is looking at and keeping abreast of airlines. Meanwhile, I've also been hit this morning. But Lufthansa seems especially bad. Why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so airlines is one of those sectors that is really badly affected by the conflict. Of course, we have those higher jet fuel prices, those jet fuel shortages as well. That's of course very bad news for those airlines, and that could get worse if the conflict continues. So Liftansa is reacting to that this morning alongside the rest of the airlines, but it's also facing an additional challenge, which is strike action. So the company is facing a two day pilot strike over pensions, and that is just a few days after another walkout by cabin crew this time, and this is not the first bit of strike action that the company has seen this year. We had also another pilot strike in February that grounded about eight hundred flights, and then there was a two day walkout in March as well. So there's been really this ongoing labor action for Luftanza and now there's this sort of double whammy of disruption from strikes and disruption from geopolitical uncertainty, and that's really reflected in those chesterday which have been really really weak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so that's on the airlines. Lastly, though, we are tracking stocks moving in Europe. But why seems to be moving actually out of European markets.
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So why is the money transfer company? It announced last year that it was intending to shift is primary listing from London to the US to the NESTAC and today it said that the shift is on track and that the listing will be happening this quarter, will be happening on May the eleventh, and so we have that, and then we also have the twenty four percent increase in income in underlying income for the latest quarter that it announced today, So both of those things have really shown investors that the company is in good shape, that it is doing well, and therefore the shares are up this morning. The listing is really going to help raise the company's profile in the US, which is obviously a major market for FinTechs, and Wise has got some big plans so recently rolled out every day checking accounts in the UK. That's an attempt to kind of take up a bit more market share from traditional established banks, and then last year also applied to be a directly regulated bank in the US, although it's still waiting for a decision on that application. So definitely a company to watch out for.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.