Speaker 1: This is he said, a ya viho with Eric Winter and Rosalind Fantaz.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of he said. He said, this is going to be a very interesting and stressful episode for me today. My producer, who's chuckling over there on the other side, has decided to do a rookie pop quiz for this episode. I listen. I get asked all the time by fans on cameo on Instagram questions about the show about specific scenes. I get made fun of on social media because my answer always is I don't remember. Because the truth is I don't remember. I don't know how to explain this, but as an actor, I rememborize lines. As soon as I'm done, I forget the lines, like literally, I rarely know a line I said the day before or a scene, let alone what's going on in the scene, or intricacies of each scene and every time. And I love our fandom. They're so you know, diehard and expressive with what's going on in the show, But I don't remember anything that they do. They actually, the fans, you all know much more than I do. So I'm very nervous about a quiz about the rookie because like I said, I I don't even know what happened the day before. So we are gonna go ahead and explore this right now, so everybody can just make fun of me of how much I don't know about my own show. Chrissy, our producer here, welcome to the show, to my abusive thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. It's forty questions.
Speaker 2: Forty questions and make a fool of myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty questions. They're very popular. I scoured the internet at yesterday. All the fans have done these questions. Most of them get like ninety percent right, so no pressure.
Speaker 2: This is awful.
Speaker 1: I had to take a lot of these quizzes in order to get the answers for these questions.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, this is for you fans to make fun of me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Question number one, what season did Nila and James get married?
Speaker 2: I remember being at the wedding season four?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, whose dad is a rapper?
Speaker 2: Dad's a rapper? No one, no dad, no one, no no one, no one either.
Speaker 1: Character from a most more recent season.
Speaker 2: That there's a character whose dad is a rapper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came in after Jackson.
Speaker 2: Wait, Aaron's dad it was a rapper. Yeah, oh, I didn't read that. See, sometimes if I'm not in the scenes, I don't know what's going on in those scenes. Sometimes that just happens, guys. I don't pay attention to every scene all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, what is the name of Gray's wife?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know, I actually know it, but I don't know it. Angel is not the answer, No, it's not. Oh, I want to and look this up. I can't remember Luna. Luna. That's right, that's right. That was like kind of there but not there.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'm gonna start marking the ones that are wrong. What is Tim Bradford's wife's name? Oh, come on, Jack wants is way too long.
Speaker 2: It's uh uh no, it's on the tip of my tongue. It's on the tip of my tongue. Oh my gosh, this is gonna kill me that I don't This is really gonna kill me. Oh, this is is driving me nuts. It's literally it's on the tip of my tongue. Oh, it is a great I know all the scenes I've done with her too. Why can't I remember this? Give me the first letter? I Isabelle. There you go, there you go? Yeah, right, there. I knew it was right there. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, who works at the community center?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, wait, Rachel James James? Does that that Rachel also was a social worker?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Rachel's a social worker. James works of the community center. Yes, I've done a scene talking about that. Now, I remember. God, so I missed that one too.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're only on number seven, so here we are.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. See now, fans, you can't make fun of me when you ask me questions and I say I don't know. I really don't remember.
Speaker 1: What year did the Rookie premiere.
Speaker 2: Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: All right, you got it? Okay, it was literally I was going by my son's age because I remember that he was born and that he was about one.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. What is the name of Lucy's doppelganger?
Speaker 2: Juicy? No, that was her undercover as Juicy. Yes, I have no idea what the doppelganger is?
Speaker 1: Sava?
Speaker 2: Sava, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: What is Tim's doppelganger?
Speaker 2: Jake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got one about yourself, right.
Speaker 2: I remember that one. I almost forgot it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're definitely not gonna know this. I know, like a lot of fans knew this, which I thought was kind of crazy. What is John Nolan's badge number?
Speaker 2: I don't even know Tim's badge number. The way I care about what Nolan's badge number is.
Speaker 1: It's two five two five three.
Speaker 2: No idea. And my badge number, in my defense, has changed because when I became a sergeant, it changed. But I don't know anybody's. But I don't, like I said, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Happen in my real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I lost a number becoming a sergeant.
Speaker 1: Huh, that's interesting. Okay, what season did John and Bailey get married?
Speaker 2: Six? No? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who was right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do Lucy's chen's parents do? What do they do?
Speaker 2: No idea, no idea, not even gonna pretend to guess psychologists. Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: Who was Lucy's training officer?
Speaker 2: Me Bradford?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got one easy. What state did Nolan live in before moving to Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: It was in the Midwest, I believe m No, I.
Speaker 1: Think technically it would be more considered the East East.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, no idea. Give me give me a letter a P Pennsylvania. Yeah, really, yeah, or Pittsburgh. We keeping Pennsylvania. I didn't say the city, right.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell me the city. This is terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm telling you, I don't remember a lot of things. People make fun of me and they think I just don't like I'm just making this up. I really don't remember.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because your brain is like probably coming. You're getting so much script that's coming in that the rest of it has to go out in order to make room for the new.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is like, if I retained everything in every detail about moments and scenes, I would never be able to learn my line for the next episode.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so much. What is Wesley's profession?
Speaker 2: Lawyer?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: I mean specifically defense lawyer. No, not a defense lawyer. Prosecuting lawyer.
Speaker 1: Prosecutor lawyer would have been accepted. Okay, okay, who killed Captain Anderson?
Speaker 2: I remember the scene? I remember how it happened. No idea is that the one at the pool? Yes, I was at the pool. I was in the scene. I was there. I really don't know who the bad guy was for that episode? Who was?
Speaker 1: Says Cole Midas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds about right. That sounds like that was a vicious death too.
Speaker 1: That was tough, tough. Who would be considered the lazy cop?
Speaker 2: Oh Smitty? Yes, yeah, yeah, he had a good episode this last week, really fun episode with the raccoon and it was funny and he was emotional. Brenton is a great guy, great actors. He's fun to have on the show.
Speaker 1: Does he does he love like playing that kind of cookie character. Yeah, he loves a fun character.
Speaker 2: Truly a fan favorite. Like first of all, his first name is quickly quickly smitty. I bet you that's not even on the quiz. Very funny first name. We all found out because we got like a ballot one day was filled out with actual names and it said quickly Smitty, and everybody's like, that's his first name. He's he is so good at that role and in real life, Like Brent's got a lot of depth as an actor, and he just he plays it so well. Like I said, to the point that he's a true fan favorite.
Speaker 1: It's so good. He's so good at that. Yes, who kidnaps Lucy Chen The actual name of the guy, not the person who made him do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Roslind Dyer. It was Caleb. That's correct, right, that was a tough point. I really think about it.
Speaker 1: That Caleb Wright is his full right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never have gotten the last name.
Speaker 1: Never. And then well you already answered this. Who was Jackson's training officer?
Speaker 2: Yep? Lopez yep?
Speaker 1: And then what was Nolan's age at the beginning of the series?
Speaker 2: No idea forties but no idea?
Speaker 1: Yes, forty five?
Speaker 2: Forty five?
Speaker 1: Really is that how old he is in real life? Did they age him up for me?
Speaker 2: It might have been at that time, because I think he's we've been on for seven seasons. I think he's fifty twenty fifty three maybe, so, yeah, it might be his real age. It might have been his real age at the time.
Speaker 1: I'm looking it up real quick because I'm curious because that's because I know they aged it out because he's not supposed to be like a young rookie. Oh yeah, he's fifty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I know his real age is? Is that? So? Maybe he was forty five or forty six when he started the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty five. What nickname does Detective Nyla Harper give Lucy.
Speaker 2: Chen No idea? Like when she's under cover?
Speaker 1: Like just in general, I don't know. I've never heard of that. It that it says the nickname is not Nolan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah she did do that early on im or there was a line about that. Yeah that's true, Yeah, true. I would never know. It's it's a standing joke. A lot of times I don't know what's going on in other scenes. If I'm not in those scenes. I read through them, but I don't pay a lot of attention. And you know what, a lot of people will make fun of that, But you could argue in a way, that's like a method acting, right, because I shouldn't know what's going on with everybody else until it involves my character, because in real life, you would never know.
Speaker 1: Do you think your other co stars would be able to answer these questions more or less?
Speaker 2: Uh? Some more and definitely most of them probably the same or less. I think.
Speaker 1: Who kidnapped Selina's sister Blanca?
Speaker 2: No idea, not even gonna try.
Speaker 1: Officer Chambers what.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember that. I mean I do remember it, I do remember it, I remember it happening. Don't remember anything about that.
Speaker 1: Because you weren't really involved in that big storyline.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Again, if I wasn't involved, I'm telling you. But the sad thing is people have asked me even scenes I'm fully involved in I don't remember, but fans will often ask, like, what episode was it when this happened? And I'm going, honestly, I can't remember what episode out of eighteen episodes, something happened six months ago on a seventh season. It's very tough even if it's a current season.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I understand not remembering something from like season one, but.
Speaker 2: Like, imagine eight I mean, imagine something as simple as because one fan asked, when did you pour I'm Republic in a scene? And I said, well, it was season seven. Angela's in the scene. I don't remember which episode that was, like the specifics of that scene and what episode I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You should have done a contest for that. You should have done like a Palm Republic something for that.
Speaker 2: You have fun Palm Republic Easter eggs all over this season, Yeah, but you should.
Speaker 1: Do something with it. Yeah, think of a contest anyway. Who's Lucy's roommate?
Speaker 2: Uh, well it is, Uh, what the heck is her name? It's Dylan, but what's Dylan? Her real name is Dylan. Oh my gosh, why can't tomorrow?
Speaker 1: That's right? What class did Lucy Chen and Rachel Hall have together in college?
Speaker 2: No idea. I know there were psychology Okay, well, the parents are psychologists. I know they were good friends, and you know that's how I met her, and that's why I started dating Rachel. But I forgot that.
Speaker 1: What military rank did Tim hold?
Speaker 2: Total guests? Sergeant?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Total guests? I actually don't know what branch.
Speaker 1: Of the military is.
Speaker 2: Was he in I I actually don't know, Sorry, didn't mean, I don't remember. Was an Army, wasn't Navy, wasn't Air Force, Army or Marines. I'm gonna go with I don't know. Fans will definitely know this better than me, because I'm sure I've said it.
Speaker 1: I'm like looking it up right now because I can't believe you don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't. I know he's in Afghanistan. You're in the army Army okay, see, and you.
Speaker 1: Completed one tour in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Yep? Okay, yeah, good, Well, I would say good times, but I remember those times. I remember those times.
Speaker 1: Do you remember John's son's name? Nope, it's Henry Henry, that's right.
Speaker 2: I would never would never have popped into my head, like never, But now that you say it, yeah, of course, Henry.
Speaker 1: Uh do you remember where your former girlfriend, Rachel Hall moved to pursue her new dream job? Where? Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, You're.
Speaker 1: Probably not gonna know this one either. John's half brother's name.
Speaker 2: I don't think I remember that John has a half brother.
Speaker 1: His name's Pete. Oh yes, do you know who plays Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course I've had scenes with him. He had a brother, and.
Speaker 1: Who plays him? His name is exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Pete Davidson. That's right. Oh my god, that's too funny. I've had That's hilarious. I forgot he had a half brother that I don't and then I do remember he has a half brother. Some of this is just nerves, right, I'm on the spot. I've been made fun of by everybody.
Speaker 1: I think it's so fun that Pete Davidson is on that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a good he had a good run with him. He didn't you know, he hasn't been on in a while, but we had a really good run with him.
Speaker 1: It was he was funny. What law school did Wesley go to You're not going to know this.
Speaker 2: No idea. The law school of the rookie Whittier Law School. What he went to Whittier Law School. That's actually said in the script somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what it said.
Speaker 2: He grew up in La like you here, What are your college sounds right to me? Oh my god? In an empire, guy, that's like where myself's where I grew up. You're not in Whittier, but in that area outside of the Yeah. We had a pointing asking the Heights and Whittier right there.
Speaker 1: Uh, what position did John used his golden.
Speaker 2: Ticket on to be a training officer?
Speaker 1: Correct? Who does Lucy Chen start dating in season four?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 1: Yes? Do you know his last name?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Sandford?
Speaker 2: Sam, Oh that's right, that's right, Sandford. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of people didn't like him.
Speaker 2: A lot of people bumped with Christian and he's a great I was a great guy, but like.
Speaker 1: They didn't like him with Lucy. Yeah, the character.
Speaker 2: They didn't click with him and Lucy. A lot of people never clicked with Nolan and Lucy. People forget that they were a full couple when we started the show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like season one Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Almost like it never happened. That people are like like they can't even fathom or think about that those two were were dating at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're so brother and sister. It kind of gets like ikey vite. It's funny. Who is the watch Commander Wade Gray? Correct? What's the name of the dog? Lucy Chen wanted to adopt a casualty like that one.
Speaker 2: You know right away, Dr Joe. He's a favorite coach's my dog?
Speaker 1: Now, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I took over Kojo because Lucy and Jackson couldn't little Kojo. He was too out of control. And then I came in and gave him a little tim test treatment and Kojo listened right away. So I ended up adopting Kojo. Who we see sometimes we don't see. Sometimes it's a mystery. I have all this dog walking equipment dog beds in my house, and Kojo's around everybody. He's always seems to be on a walk whenever we're filming in my house.
Speaker 1: Are you is that? Like? Is that his real name in real life?
Speaker 2: No? I forgot what is his real name. He's a sweetheart. He's actually become a really good stage dog. When we When he started, he was a puppy and was new to the business, let's call it, and he would make a lot of mistakes, very hyper and you know, just try to wrangle him. In the last this last season, he was fantastic. He was really good. What the heck's his name? I know it. I can't think of it right now. I can't think of it.
Speaker 1: That's a cool job, being like a dog trainer for movies.
Speaker 2: Listen. I did a show a pilot for T and T years ago, and I wish it would have gone called Scent of the Missing, based on a book with Tricia for a couple other great actors that were in it as well. It was for T and T. I think I said that already, and we were all partners with search and rescue dogs, and I had my own dog. It was a Saint Bernard that I had to do every scene with pretty much, and it was one of the most challenging and rewarding fun jobs ever because I'd be in the middle of a scene. I'd have to treat the dog in a scene to get the dog to pay attention. While I'm doing my lines, I'm interacting with a suspect or a person to get the dog to do what I want to do in command, because the in like a wide shot, the dog wrangler would have to walk away and be away from the scene completely, and so it'd be me and the dog, me giving commands, doing my lines, and dictating the pace of the scene. From long, it was a trip. I had to work with the dog, you know, off off schedules, like the dog could be very familiar and comfortable with me. It was fun.
Speaker 1: That's so cool because you're such animal you guys are such animal lovers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one I got it out. What season did Tim and Lucy start dating?
Speaker 2: Five? Correct?
Speaker 1: All right, there's only five more questions. You've been doing this for twenty minutes already.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Really, okay, let's do it. Let's get all these questions. I want to hear them.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did Angela Lopez study in college before dropping out?
Speaker 2: Never in my life if I heard that that statement, I have no idea engineering? What? Really? Yeah, so it says, wow, I wonder when that came out.
Speaker 1: What division was Aaron Thorson transferred to.
Speaker 2: Don't remember that either, North Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah, I was fully guessed. I feel like it came out I popped in my brain because I heard it somewhere. But wow, never thought I would have gotten that.
Speaker 1: That's a cool Like, that's something cool about your shows. You could like transfer people to different divisions so if people come back and stuff exactly, it's a cool thing about your storyline on your show. Who is the psychopathic serial killer Roslin Dyer? Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Like we've a couple, maybe not a couple of serial killers.
Speaker 1: Well, what's up? What's the guy that's in jail that always pops up? Is he a serial killer?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. But the one that's recently been in jail, the one that plays is Jenna's husband in real life or the other guy?
Speaker 1: No, the other guy that the gray hair.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know you're talking about it. I can't think of his name, like.
Speaker 1: He always comes out of jail. It helps everybody.
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, both of us are so bad on that one. Right now? What nickname? Did John use to save his mother's contact information in his phone? So? What's his mom and his phone?
Speaker 2: No? Idea momster, momster? Oh that's funny. I nope, no recollection.
Speaker 1: All right, this is the last question.
Speaker 2: Okay, see if I can at least end on a high note.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this is not gonna go. Well what we online alias? Did Lucy use on Thorson's release?
Speaker 2: Sight, no idea. I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 1: It's the true crime junkie, that's what That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, look at I don't think I did as bad as I thought I was gonna do. But did I even get fifty percent? Correct?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm gonna I'm gonna tally it up.
Speaker 2: So I got like an F in school, i'd be pissed at my daughter.
Speaker 1: You probably would be. You got sixteen out of forty wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a deep f. Wait sixteen out of forty wrong? Oh I thought, yeah, right? Oh wrong? Okay, so maybe I got like a C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of got like a C.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right. Well, see, at least in my defense, I'm not making it up when I tell people I don't remember what's going on. So you guys can stop making fun of me on social media about my terrible memory. And I always give you an I don't know answer, because the truth is I generally don't know. I know a C letter most of the time. That's my expertise. That was fun letter, That was fun. I hope you all enjoyed this unique episode of he said A A d Ho. Thank you again for listening. As always, you know where to find us if you want to send in any questions at he said Ado on social media and Ericinroz at iHeartRadio dot com. And until next time, thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think. If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at he said Ajavi or Senos an email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: Ajabo is part of iHeartRadio's Mike Wulda podcast network. See you next time. Bye,