Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: It's got to look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg's Carmen Reinikey, Deputy team leader for US Equities. Carmer, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the first one I think we're all looking at is Meta ticker m ETA. So the stock is at about four and a half percent right now. This is the best day since July, end of July and the highest since October thirty first. So obviously this is happening because Zuckerberg said they're going to cut resources for building the metaverse. I think investors have for sort of a long time been critical of the metaverse and the spending there. So this being met with some with some buying. And also, you know, a really nice day for Meta. It's had a pretty significant draw down. I was looking and it was, you know, earlier this month, down twenty five percent from its peak. So seeing some nice green on this.
Speaker 2: And this was a this is a green bee, which means that is an exclusive We broke the broke the news Kurt Wagner Bloomberg News, breaking this news, moving the stock here with some big news which I think people if you're I think if you're from a Facebook slash meta investor, you're like, I'm just not sure about the return on investment on this metaverse. So extend you can scale it back, that's a good thing. And we're seeing that with move in the stock today. I think I think that's what the stock's telling us.
Speaker 1: What else you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So also looking at some earnings here, So looking at Snowflake, this is ticker snow shares are down almost ten percent right now. This is actually the worst day since April fourth, so you know our Liberation Day sell off. The software company gave an outlook for operating margin that was short of analystic expectations, and I mean this has actually been a big sort of point and a lot of these tech stocks, you know, profitability is important. Investors want to make sure these companies aren't overspending and that it's not eating into the profits. So we're seeing this a little bit with with Snowflake. Companies still up really strongly though fifty five percent you're to date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really see some interesting moves there, but we are seeing double digit losses, as you called out as we speak. What else you have your eyes on, Carmen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so looking a little bit at the health of the consumer working a Dollar General, so that's ticker. DG shares are up almost nine percent right now. This is the best day since June and the highest since the end of August. So they boosted their outlook on their own earnings and basically they say that, you know, value focused retailers are winning over consumers. So we're seeing sort of the consumer trade down look for more value in their shopping and so companies like Dollar General are really benefiting from that.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting how we've really been seeing that just across the board, both the lower end consumer and the higher end consumers trading down. So I mean, we are still also seeing that consumer resilience, whether it's Macy's or Dollar General.
Speaker 3: Really interesting story, but a really important, you know, point on the health of the consumer and the economy.
Speaker 1: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.