Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Touchdown Sects, Dot Pitt.
Speaker 2: Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's the week before the NFL Draft edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s wb C Mortgage Studios.
Speaker 6: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: We've got Patrick No C Walker, Isaiah Standback, fresh off the West Coast, back in the building. Even left his sleeves in California.
Speaker 1: Listen, suns, that's.
Speaker 4: How fast I got over here. Just Bruce Almighty just ripped all right off of that.
Speaker 1: Did like uto run in the sleeves? You know what? Peeled off?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and he's allergic to sleeves. That's what. That's exactly right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: By the way, Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Youman's Chris Beam also has no sleeves in the back.
Speaker 4: You just can't see he's been typing so much. I would imagine his sleeves probably fell off.
Speaker 6: He's been putting the together the draft b roll.
Speaker 4: We're not going to pretend that Beas actually wears a shirt back there. Listen, Okay, Beamer goes shirtless.
Speaker 5: So every day when I intro the show, Beamer shirtless in the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah crazy, that's the intro Beamer shirtless of the Beamer shirtless in the back. This segment is brought to you by by Fitness Cowboys Fit But say what that sponsor is?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Good stuff?
Speaker 5: No goot the heavy back right here at the beginning of the real countdown to the draft. We're nine days away now from the start of the draft and the I mean we've always called it on the Draft Show it's lying season, and I completely agree with that.
Speaker 6: I mean, you get to hear different rumors almost every single.
Speaker 5: Day that we're out here about what could possibly happen, where the Cowboys could go, where the other thirty one teams in the NFL could go.
Speaker 6: I don't care about them, and well you should care a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, a little bit, just a tiny bit.
Speaker 5: I really have to care, just to figure out what are you doing in front but a couple things before we get into some diving in draft talk using notes.
Speaker 4: Patrick Absolutely, So, yesterday, on Monday, April fourteenth, the Cowboys officially began their voluntary OTAs, so their offseason program is now underway. The players are reporting to the facility, which for all intents and purposes, officially launched. Just a Brian Shottenheimer, because now everybody's in the building, Headliners, Dak Prescott in attendance, and I know there's another one that everybody wants to talk about. Michael Parsons is in the building.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was gonna say, DU's fine.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say, yeah, that's fair. Shouts out to Duce he was out there. Shouts to Solomon Thomas. That was nice.
Speaker 4: I like to see that Salomon Thomas was in the building early yesterday. So far an incoming free agent to be ready to hit the ground running like that.
Speaker 1: That's good stuff.
Speaker 4: But Michael Parsons, we talked about it last week and I said, I believe that, you know, part of the contract negotiation between Micah and and the Cowboys is kind of going to be determined by if he shows up and honors his word at voluntary OTAs and going forward because last couple of off seasons, you know, he's worked out on his own, you know, rather be in a beach on a beach or Sumore wrestling on the other side of the planet. Michael was doing his own thing. Now he's showing the leadership. He's here, he's in the building, he reported yesterday, and he's already hit the ground running for Matt eber Flus and some of these other guys love to see it. I think that can only speak positively as far as where this contract talk, these contract talks can go over the next couple of days, a couple of weeks. I really believe in my heart of hearts this will expedite it. I think this will expedite it. So Michael Parsons is in the building, dek Prescott's in the building. A lot of other players are still filling in. But yeah, so big news there yesterday, and it should have been a non story. But considering who we're talking about in the contract talks, I get why it's the story. So the lion is in his den.
Speaker 5: Well, and part of the negotiation process that hasn't been kept under wraps really at all. I feel like most of the conversations have been at least aired out from one side or the other, either the Jones side, the front office side, or the Parsons side and his agency side. So you see the negotiations and part of what the Jones family in the front office want to see as a leadership role.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: They want to see him step up in a bigger way, whether that's in practice or film study or whatever it may be, just to help this team get better along the way, not saying he hasn't done that in the past.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Voluntary workouts have been hit or miss in the past.
Speaker 5: Right last year, he missed all of them last year across the planet.
Speaker 6: So he was hanging out with C. J. Stroud wherever, which.
Speaker 1: Was a great cause. He was sure with the youth.
Speaker 6: Over there exactly.
Speaker 5: But he's here, and I think that's important to note when he is here and he's working out and he's part of the voluntary like you said in quotations here a second ago, Isaiah, is voluntary. You need to be here, and he's here, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's necessarily it's.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a signed to what is to come of contract talk.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that he we saw last year and based upon the things that he stated last year in regards to him trying to step up as a leader, sure, he was making a very asserted effort in that area. He also was very outspoken in regardless of when d Law parted, right, and we understand that that is a huge vacancy in regards to leadership in that particular position at the defensive end spot. He's also been very vocal about other players in college football that were opting to not show up.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So you couple all those things together, and then you factor in the fact that he's has a new defensive coordinator that he needs to get acquainted with and that is going to perceive him as the as the leader just by impact alone.
Speaker 1: Right, you're considered a leader. You're in a position of leadership.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say you're considered a leader, but you're in a position of leadership when you are the top player on that side of the ball. So he has that going and then yea, then you can throw talk about the contract.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Then a contract comes in, right, so you have all those other things and then the contract. So I don't believe that this is going to expedite the talks. I don't believe that this is going to have any impact on their ability to get a deal done.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's going to impact the bottom line numbers.
Speaker 4: I just think that it's a good thing that he's here because he needs to be here right for a number of reasons. But I don't think that any of it is in regards.
Speaker 1: To his contract. So a couple of things.
Speaker 4: One I do agree one wholeheartedly, just wholeheartedly with what you're saying. As far as new defensive coordinator one hit the ground running. And we sat here at this table this time last year, and I distinctly remember Isaiah's standback feeling away because Mike Zimmer was in the building. Michael Parsons was not in the building. So for all the things that Isaiah's saying, we have the receipts. Isaiah said the same thing in the un verse when Michael was not in the building. So on what I say, what I mean by expediting it, I think that Coyle referenced a little bit in his transition point to you in that I think the Cowboys want to completely see the leadership role. I think they're already all in for the most part.
Speaker 6: I mean the ex's and oh's. It's hard not to be right.
Speaker 1: The x's and o's, they're all in on Michael Parsons. We just like to see this right.
Speaker 4: They're ready, they're ready to get this deal done. It takes two to tangle. So keep that in mind, folks, when you're in person. Right, But there have been question marks, maybe not necessarily upstairs, but there have been question marks.
Speaker 1: And there's the narrative, let me put it that way.
Speaker 4: There's the narrative that Michael Parsons he focuses too much on the podcast. He's not the leader in the locker room, so forth and so on. We saw Michael start to make the transition to being a leader in the locker room last year. Saw how he took guys like Mozzie Smith under his wing as early as training camp last season, pushing Mazzi after practice when the cameras were all gone, it was he and Mozzi Smith out there running drills and things.
Speaker 6: There was a considerable step.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So he has been transitioning to that leadership. So the only question that remained in the narrative, whomever is carrying the narrative. The only question was when the contract, If the contract is still not in place, is he willing to show up to volunteerta something he's not done in seasons past?
Speaker 5: So can I can I bring up two more questions now now that we've checked the box on that one. The next one is will he be willing to continue showing up for voluntary workouts and in the mandatory mini camp and you've got OTAs and you've got the rest of the off season workouts.
Speaker 6: I mean this is.
Speaker 5: Day one, We're talking day one, and I mean we don't know who's there today at the moment, and you know, like, will he continue.
Speaker 6: To step up? That's my first question.
Speaker 5: The second question is when the contract does come, We've seen a step forward in the leadership. We've seen a step forward in his mentality, uh to be a better teammate, to be a better leader, into to kind of take on a veteran role. When the contract does come, is this all for the contract or is it a change that will last further into his career? Because I think there are Cowboys fans out there, not me included. I believe in Micah and I really do think it is a legitimate transition. However, there are fans out there and there are people out there in the league that don't feel.
Speaker 4: That way, and I get their standpoint because they don't have all the information. Sure, right, when you talk about like individuals such as ourselves, others in the building who watch and speak with Micah on a regular basis, sometimes on a daily basis, especially in season when the cameras are not around, we're looking at him. We're seeing how he moves or seeing how he conducts himself around other players. We're talking to other players who are talking positively about Micah and the growth that he's had. I don't believe this is disingenuous and simply tied to a contract.
Speaker 1: I believe this is a maturation Process's good.
Speaker 4: I think he's growing up and growing into right, he's growing up and growing into the realization, especially now with the partying of ways with you, the Marcus Lawrence and the Cowboys, and you saw how he jumped in front of that train. For me, that had nothing to do with the contract. That was Michael Parson saying, whoa, whoa, whoa. Whatch You're not going to do is leave and then turn around and throw shade at my team like he's embodying it as my team. So to answer that second question, I believe that this is one hundred percent Micah maturing and understanding this is his team and it has to be his team going forward.
Speaker 6: Good well put.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the DeMarcus Lawrence situation certainly does does shed a little bit of light light on what he has been and what he's meant to this team around him too. Guys like, oh, sir, and I know he's gone now, but Chauncey in that whole scenario all stepped up and we're on Micah's side of that whole ordeal. So just something to keep in mind is this ongoing saga will continue, I mean until the contract is signed and then after that we've seen that too. It'll continue, but it's just another step along the way. What other news and notes.
Speaker 6: Do we have here?
Speaker 4: We have We're still waiting for one other thing to drop. Hopefully that drops before the show is concluded, So put a pin in that latest. If it does, we'll let you know absolutely in real time. One of the few times we got it in real time is supposed.
Speaker 5: To after the show and talk about it on the Draft show.
Speaker 6: Oh, thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: We did get another update on Dak Prescott. I was able to speak to Dak Prescott a couple weeks ago. Tommy Yard spoke to Dak Prescott from the Children's Cancer Fund Gala did some great work out there on Saturday, and.
Speaker 1: I believe Friday Friday, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless, Dak Prescott continues to make progress in his recovery from that hamstring injury. There's been discussion because of Jake Ferguson's social media post calling him the Slim Reaper and saying that he dropped fifty pounds. He has not dropped fifty pounds. Dak Prescott has not dropped fifty pounds. Dak qualified a little bit differently. He said, more or less he's at the same weight. It's just reproportioned, right, So it's more mass in his legs and his thighs and his quads and whatnot. As he recovers and he gets more strength and builds more muscle to try to prevent that type of injury from happening again in the future. So, no, he's not down fifty pounds. I've even seen some reports that he's down thirty pounds. Let Dak tell it, and he would know better than anybody. He's not down any pounds air quoting around any but he definitely looks a bit slimmer, but he's not necessarily again reproportioned muscle. But one thing that stuck out for me was him saying that if the Cowboys had to play a game today, he could go.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, of course that's I know what you're about to say. Easy to say when you don't actually have to play a game, right, But the fact that he has that level of optimism, combined with what we are seeing from the videos that are being posted him doing workouts with receivers.
Speaker 1: He's throwing.
Speaker 4: You know, he's planting well, and anyone who's who remembers in real time when the injury happened, he couldn't plant because it's his plant leg, right, So he's planting, he's throwing, there's some vlo on the throws, right, he's rotating, so things are looking good.
Speaker 1: Does this mean he won't start on the pup list for training camp to be determined?
Speaker 4: To be determined, but he as he's tracking, he's tracking that there's a solid shot that he may dodge the pup list. I don't believe it until I said giant race in the hips. Until I can see the sausage ration hips again, I don't believe you're deck Oda.
Speaker 5: He hasn't been the same, hasn't been the same since Hi went away.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I I think we're gonna get to Oxnard. I think he'll be ready week one, don't get me wrong. And he's not gonna play in the preseason. So we're what we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about some times practice sometime.
Speaker 6: We're alan ivers here, talk about practice.
Speaker 1: In July August. You got four months, He's got time.
Speaker 6: He'll be fine. If he ends up going to training camp, great.
Speaker 5: If not, we get a great look at Joe Milton and Will Greer, and we get to see what they can do from an increased number of snaps, both which the train and the preseason, which is not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: So ceede.
Speaker 4: Lambs hold out that benefited Jaylen Tobert, Jalen Brooks and some of those benefits. No, I want transition to a slow start is what you're getting at.
Speaker 1: But we'll see if it is baking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll it'll benefit some of the guys on the back of it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I want him there. I just don't.
Speaker 5: I'm with Isaiah, I won't believe it until I see.
Speaker 1: It, tossa himps.
Speaker 4: And also, what even more so to your point, is we talk about with Micah and a new DC, even though Schottenheimer was already here, it's now Shottenheimer's team. And now you have a new OC combined with that, and then you have a new OL coach and Connor Rdle, you have a lot of new pieces, and of course asterisk next to new or next to Schottenheimer's name when you say new. But again, things are being changed on the offensive side of the ball and in massive ways, and you need and you would love to have Dak Prescott ready to go day one in ox SNAr.
Speaker 1: But you and I both know you and not we three. We know they are not going.
Speaker 4: To push the issue if that push is going to risk his availability at any point next season, rather it be upfront or on the back end, because they didn't handle it correctly on the front end. So if they need to put him on the pub list for a couple of days just as a precaution, then they'll absolutely do it. But he's making some good progress, so he might dodge it all together. Yeah, any other notes, Nothing that comes to mind right now unless we get the news that drops.
Speaker 6: Okay, so there we go.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take our first break here on Talking Cowboys. When we come back, I've got the YouTube fan comment.
Speaker 1: Of the day. Let's go.
Speaker 5: And then we've also got some draft questions I want you guys to answer. Let's have a little debate here as to what can happen for the Cowboys draft and what they want moving forward.
Speaker 6: More of Talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 7: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you percha help support that mission? Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 8: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles pera. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 6: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right.
Speaker 5: Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy w lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them?
Speaker 6: Cowboys.
Speaker 11: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 10: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by in Visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're with us here on this Tuesday, the Tuesday before the week of the NFL Draft, were nine days away, and Isaiah's already got his Cowboys Star Magazine Draft Guy.
Speaker 4: This is my best friends, my best friend right here leading up to next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to you that the way you were crazy man?
Speaker 5: Can I give away a little industry secret on the on the so Isaiah called me last what was it Wednesday?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Or he texted me like Tuesday night and was like, Hey, how do I get a copy of the draft magazine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought it was only physical.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, there's a digital copy here and it's like four bucks, let me let me give it to you. And he ended up I couldn't get him a code at that point, so he ended up just paying the four ninety.
Speaker 6: Five got the digital copy.
Speaker 5: And then how much conversation did you have on the draft from Wednesday through Friday on Good Morning Football where this played a fact Listen?
Speaker 4: I had it pulled up on my laptop and I was informed and I had all the insight that I needed. I was ready for the mock draft that we had on GMFB. People were peeking over my shoulder. I was doing the old school don't you look at my look? And if you know what, I shared this information with a lot of people down there at the network. So there's a lot of people now that are now tapped in with the star Baby, get you some, Get some.
Speaker 5: That's the thing about it too, is it's it's funny because now if everybody disagreed with your draft takes on Good Morning I'm going to be the one that gets the brut of it. I'm gonna be like, they're gonna look at me and be like.
Speaker 1: Kyle, you messed Isaiah up.
Speaker 6: You did it the wrong way.
Speaker 5: But no really excited about how this turned out. We we had the print copies sell out on Fanatics. It sold out, which was that they're going to restock it, so it should be up pretty soon, maybe maybe even today.
Speaker 6: Digital copies are unlimited.
Speaker 4: Awesome because it's on PDF. But it's something about just being able to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a school. I'm for both. I still read like actual books.
Speaker 4: I don't really like digital books, but when it comes to stuff like this, it's easier on the PDF to have that access.
Speaker 1: But I'm still I'm a paper turn both. I still love turning pice.
Speaker 6: All Right, you guys ready for our Let's than a couple of COF YouTube comment of the day.
Speaker 1: Do it do it?
Speaker 6: From the first segment. This is a new thing. We've started on talk talking.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take a comment from the first segment only because I need you.
Speaker 6: I need you here.
Speaker 4: Early on you said started on talking, right, Yeah, this is starting on talking meaning that the others shows correct when they try and take it. Okay, it started here on talk just making sure that we can originators there.
Speaker 1: Hemory got that good.
Speaker 5: But we're engaging with our chat and trying to make sure we have some fun there. Jeremy wins today. He said we sure stand back didn't play. Mike Linebacker said in here looking like a young David Boston, Oh d t b.
Speaker 4: Baby Taylor's that boy was a two hundred and sixty pounds receiver too.
Speaker 1: He was a dog. He was what he was. He wasn't on just vitamins. I don't think, don't.
Speaker 6: Do like that eight eighth from Humble Texas milk.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: He was an all pro pro bowler.
Speaker 5: It had a lot of fun with the what was it the Cardinals where he really had his.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was Tampa Bay is when I remember him. Yeah, he played Tampa Bay.
Speaker 6: He was Arizona, San Diego, Miami, Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: He was freaking Look go look at there's a picture of him like in Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 1: Back when he was in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: He looked like specimen bro. He looked like yeah, light wait, maybe that ain't sent from one to day.
Speaker 5: All right, So with the draft coming up nine days away, I want to transition into some draft talk here, Isaiah. I know we've we've kind of talked a little bit with you on the show, a little bit with you out about the twelfth overall pick. What you could kind of end up with if you had the guests now nine days out, where do you feel like the Cowboys are leaning?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: So I believe be a position group, pick specific player.
Speaker 4: The position group I think is a receiver, and I think B is going to be office alignment.
Speaker 1: But it really is going to be predicated on what happens.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I think number, the number three overall pick is really gonna send this draft into a spiral, yees, spiral like that. If that pick is not what everybody is projecting it to be, then there's gonna be craziness that takes place.
Speaker 1: This New York Giants get it together. Yeah, the Giants are there.
Speaker 5: In a position saying the whole NFL draft has to rely on the Giants.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of insight, you know what I'm saying a little.
Speaker 4: Bit insight, but I believe that I believe this is this is isaiah Ism.
Speaker 6: So what would be chalking one and two? Chalk would be what a more one.
Speaker 4: This is my insight again, this is not from the outside, this is me. Sorry, Derek, I know I was in his camera. Listen number one. I believe it's gonna be cam Wart to Tennessee. Number two to Cleveland. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Travis Hunter. Number three. I forced I don't believe it's a good idea, but I foresee the Giants bypassing Shador and going.
Speaker 1: With abdu Abdua Carter.
Speaker 5: See, but abdual Carter is such a strong pick there.
Speaker 1: I hear you.
Speaker 4: I would, but what is their future situation that quarterback? Not that we care, not that we care, but I'm just saying I think it's gonna be stupid that they that they pass on them. But I foresee them going with abdual Carter, which then.
Speaker 1: Puts most important position.
Speaker 4: The Patriots, in a weird position because I believe the Patriots are banking on Abdullah Carter falling to them or Travis Hunter falling to them, but neither one of those I don't believe is going to happen. So I'm not sure what happens with New England's pick there, right, Because you obviously have Mike Rabel out there. He's trying to get that defense to be absolutely make nasty. He's done a great job of stacking that defense up to date with free agents and trades and all that jazz. So I think that either New York at three dictates what it goes on, and then from there it's a curveball what the New England Patriots do right, And if you find yourself in a situation where it falls down to the Bears, I think they are what seven.
Speaker 1: Ten Bears are at ten? Bears are at ten? Okay, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that Shoulder if he gets past three, I think he goes to the Saints. With the new news coming out of with the car situation, so I think he goes there with Kellen Moore. Kellen Moore is not going to start his new head coach lineage without a direction to go with a quarterback as so I think Shador probably goes nine. I think at the running back position, if Gent, I think gent is either going to go with the Raiders or he's going to go to the Bears. He's going to So I think the Bears are either going to take a running back or they're going to take an offensive lineman.
Speaker 6: And I would think about the Jags there at five two.
Speaker 1: I think the Jacks. I think the Jackson.
Speaker 5: They're probably gonna go Mason Graham Graham. That's that they've fallen in love with Graham d Tackle. You talk about the wild card of the Patriots. If the Patriots decided to skip on a guy like Will Campbell for melisu offensive lineman who mel Kiper and Field Yates today even they both mocked Will Campbell to four. If he ends up being the pick there or Mason Bram ends up being the pick there, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: That's where things kind of stood.
Speaker 4: I truly believe that Dallas is going to have their choice at either either the high it Tett area. I don't think he's going to fall to twelve, but if he does, there's an option there you go Tata Huil A good job, Cowboys. If he does it, then you're hoping for somehow, some way Campbell or member falling to twelve and you're grabbing them and pulling them into the interior to fill the Martin gap. Well, I feel like, well, I agree one hundred percent on the first Well, a lot of what you said, but your lead statement which is you believe that wide receiver is point number A. It's point A. The more and more I have these conversations inside this building, and the more whispers are here, they are growing louder. I think that you know Plan one A is wide receiver, yep, and Plan one B is wide receiver.
Speaker 5: I you know, I think I agree with you, yeah, in two different ways, so you.
Speaker 1: Might absolutely get your Now, what.
Speaker 6: Would be you're talking about?
Speaker 5: Who would be your one A though me is Teed McMillan, Okay, who would be your one B?
Speaker 1: It's Matthew Golden.
Speaker 6: I think it might be reversed on their board.
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 6: I think so? Interesting, I think it might be. Do you think so?
Speaker 5: Conversations and just kind of the the fit between and I think I think Ted would be a phenomenal fit.
Speaker 6: But they're looking and this is a.
Speaker 5: Brian Schottenheimer era, right, you just talked about it. What is one thing that they don't have in their room?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 5: If let me let me I asked this question on the Draft show. I'm going to see if I see if I can get the same answer here. If you had to take the Cowboys current wide receiver room, right and what throw them all together and lump them into one generic thought process. What's the biggest fundamental side of playing receiver that they lack the most size? Okay, that's one. That's not the answer that we had on the Draft show. The answer we had on the Draft Show was separation.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, so size is fair.
Speaker 5: They don't have a ton of size and they don't have that one x which Ted McMillan would be that guy. So now it's pick your poison. Do you want to add size to your wide receiver room or do you want to add separation to your wide receiver room?
Speaker 1: Ted can separate GOLDI better.
Speaker 6: Golden is better.
Speaker 5: That's true, agreed. I remember Tet's my number one. I haven't budged on. But Tet is one element and Matthew Golden's another element.
Speaker 4: Yes, I believe that the Dallas Cowboys can pull off one heck of a trade.
Speaker 1: And I mentioned it last time I was here. Say with your chest. I can't say it with my chest, say it with my pictor one.
Speaker 6: It's the one where you want to die on that hill.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you can pull that off, which I think is more probable now than it even was, last time we spoke.
Speaker 6: It's pretty probable.
Speaker 5: Even more, I think somebody's listening to this show because there was like a blog or somebody out there that like put it out there, a pull of full like projection of happen, We're going to send a fifth round. Yeah, I think it was like a second it's gonna take it was second.
Speaker 4: I would do it. I would for that particular individual. And if you're able to pull that off, that silent heel, your old lineman at twelve, secure, secure the big boys up front because they allow for you.
Speaker 1: I'm always saying this to run and pass.
Speaker 4: If you know that you have that in your back pocket and you can pull that off, get your big boy and put them on the inside and just maul everybody off the line and then pull off that trade. Right, pull off that trade, and you are sitting pretty because you can pick up your receiver later on in the draft.
Speaker 1: That could be a possession guy.
Speaker 4: Sure, now you don't need to go out there and find your top twelve pick at receiver. It's gonna cost you some bread, it I look, but I looked at some of the cap numbers and it's not as bad as you think.
Speaker 1: It's not as bad as you think.
Speaker 6: It's still a lot, it's.
Speaker 1: Not as bad as you think.
Speaker 4: But then you know what the conversation becomes because at the same time, the player that we're talking about who shall remain nameless, isn't exactly.
Speaker 1: A spring Chicken. No, not at all correct. So now you're you're also you have to look at the long terms. Yes, you do.
Speaker 4: However, somebody that can not only come in and make it impact right now. And if you're talking about grabbing a wide receiver at number twelve, you expect impact right now. Okay, So it's impact now versus impact now, it's proven impact versus projected impact.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying, expense versus not. So let me in there. It's draft capital that you gave up versus you didn't listen up. Listen, this is you. No, no, no, you want to make it.
Speaker 4: I'm just giving Some people want to make a splash. I'm going cannon ball. Okay, I'm going cannon ball off the top rope, top deck.
Speaker 1: You look up there and say, do I want to climb those stairs?
Speaker 4: Apps so freakingly colvering the nose up everybody who's up there trying to bathe with the little no no swerd fish here. Okay, I want you guys getting out there diving in the dog on pool and making all the water come out, because if you can pull that off, you not only have CD LAMB, which is revered as one of the most dangerous weapons in the league.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, I believe that.
Speaker 4: This particular individual is the most dangerous player at that position in the league.
Speaker 1: He's the most feared person. If you're able to pull that off.
Speaker 5: They also have another guy that wants out out of that situation too.
Speaker 6: That's pretty darn good too.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so there's that's what I would like personally, So I would yeah, I would like a lot.
Speaker 6: Not that one.
Speaker 5: That one, No, the one that's like the uh you know what they call dolphins, right, yes, they call them the rams of the sea.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, gotcha. Yeah, yeah, that one. I'm not so in.
Speaker 6: You're not in on that one.
Speaker 4: I'm in on the first one though, but listen, but that's all speculator. Anyways, I would like to see that happen, but who knows, So for me that who goes to availability too. I just truly believe, I honestly believe that it is if you have these big boys up front, and there's a handful of big boys that are like, can't miss us in this draft?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Membo, Will Campbell, Calvin Banks is probably the third of that group.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: I think often would probably be two of those.
Speaker 6: Three, if not one of those three.
Speaker 1: Will be there, you know.
Speaker 4: And I don't believe that you can miss on that opportunity because in this league it is so difficult to find a lineman, the offensive lineman that that is an absolute beast and that.
Speaker 1: Can be in that role for twelve thirteen years. You need another Zach or Tyron. Your receivers are going to come and go. That's just that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm not discrediting that position, but it is what it is. You're going to go through receivers, right, You're not going You're hoping that you don't go through lineman most of the time.
Speaker 1: If you have a solid office lineman, that office line is going to have a ten year career.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 4: That's not the case with receiver. So I feel like you have a greater probability of swinging and missing out a receiver than you do at an offensive lineman. I feel like what I want. Now, this is me just saying what I want because as you're talking about this, and again you're right, you're making all the great points. I love it offensive line. You build it from the transits, you know, that's how I build my team if your bullet pays. That being said, though, there's also something to be said for a to O and Terry Glenn type combo where it's just like, how lethal is this and could this be for multiple seasons? Obviously you know to O antics notwithstanding, But if you're talking about a Ceed Lamb and a Golden, or a Ceed Lamb and a Tech McMillan, you're talking about not necessarily having to worry about running through receivers again for the next several seasons because you have a tandem that immediately assuming that the projected inafailibility of Tech McMillan and Golden, assuming they hit those ceilings, you're talking about what could arguably the most dangerous wide receiver tandem for some time to come.
Speaker 1: That's hard to pass up on.
Speaker 4: That's hard because we're not talking about no knock to anyone's so actually, so I won't say names. We're not talking about putting your stock into a receiver at a fifth round pick, saying Okay, well, yeah, we hope that he no. No, a twelfth overall pick at receiver, You're putting him in tandem with Ceed Lamb.
Speaker 1: That's tantalizing.
Speaker 5: And I get Isaiah's point, I really do. And if if there's a right side player available, like a Mimbo from from Missouri, I think I'm there. I'm a little bit harder pressed to try and move everybody around the way you would if.
Speaker 6: You draft a left side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, I'm on. I'm on the mimbo trick.
Speaker 6: Because if if Membou's there at twelve one, I don't think.
Speaker 5: I think he's gonna go seven of the Jets and he's gonna have a great career in New York. But when it comes to the right side, you can upgrade your right side of your offices. You can totally upgrade. Now your left side. You're kind of working through some things with Tyler guid and he's gonna You've got one of the best guards in football right now and Tyler Smith, and you feel really comfortable up the middle with Cooper Phoebe. Anything you do to such a draft on that side, it's gonna move around a bunch of pieces.
Speaker 6: So if that's the case, then we're talking Mimbo Yep as the option.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So that would.
Speaker 5: That would discredit Will Campbell, who I think is a hell of a player. That and you would have to move pieces around. You don't want to disrupt the same thing with Kelvin Banks. I mean, they're on the front of the draft magazine.
Speaker 6: Both of those guys. They're great players.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if I want to touch that left side hold on whereas the right side I can kind of make it happen.
Speaker 1: What happened to you guys about this running back thing? Where did I go that a conversation?
Speaker 4: I think they're going, well, Gent, I think genty is going because let.
Speaker 5: Me make it more abundantly clear, and this is this has been the case anyways, This has been the case from the get go. If Gent is available at twelve is not from which he will not.
Speaker 6: Be, he would be the pick.
Speaker 4: So like the reason of Hamilton usc is O Marionampton. Yeah, Hampton, Hampton, I like him a lot, a lot. The reason that we're not in this conversation, we're not bringing up Gent is because now we're having the conversation out of what we would do, which is what Kyle had posed to us over the past.
Speaker 1: Couple of episodes. Now it's what do we think they will do and how do we think the board is going to fall? Correct?
Speaker 4: So I think we're all in agreement that I don't think Gent makes it past number ten, which is where the Chicago Bear sit the past three.
Speaker 1: Right, So assuming Gent is not there talking about.
Speaker 4: Which you know likelihood he won't be, it's far more likely that Tet and or Matthew Golden are there at twelve. And then you combine that with the official thirty visits, the whispers and the conversations we're here and inside the building, they're really really leaning hard.
Speaker 1: Who's your three receiver set? If you get one of those guys.
Speaker 4: Well, well, so CD depends on Tet slash Golden. Who's your three?
Speaker 6: It would be CD Golden.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's a hole, I mean, okay, that's all my point. That's my point to make sure that there is still there is still a hole in that position group, right, So.
Speaker 6: Don't you need to address it?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 6: Who's your set?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I feel like Tobert can be a wide receiver three, and in that set, who's your slot, Well.
Speaker 6: You would be a mismatch or.
Speaker 4: So even if you do grab one of those there's highly acclaimed receivers, you still have something that you need to address it. Still you still don't feel you feel great with your two receivers set, but you still don't feel great with your three receiver set. If you grab one of those interior offensive linemen, if he's available at that number twelve spot, now you feel great about your offensive line.
Speaker 5: See, but I think your your point now is working against your original point. Says I can name our starting offensive lineman right now, as if we were to line up tomorrow and play. You can name the left tackle is Tyler Guidon, left guard is Smith, center is bb right guard's offering, and then right tackle is Terrence Steele. You can name your offensive line and you can win games with that offensive line.
Speaker 6: In my mind, you.
Speaker 1: Can win that one for you. Finish your point.
Speaker 5: But the wide receiver if you're asking me who's your wide receiver too at all?
Speaker 4: Listen if you're not got help it, if you got drafting them, you're trading for the guy that I'm talking about, or if you're looking for your third wide receiver, and for whatever reason, you don't have enough confidence in Jalen Tobert being that which I feel like Tobert can be a wide receiver. Okay, if you get a Tet or a Matthew Golden to tandem with CD Lamb and you want to wit receiver three, you have a name like Tyler Lockett, who's still out there in free agency, you'll get a VET. He just happened. He just happens to live in Prosper. Right, that's on top of that. So now, and your question was when I said told me, you're like, well, who's the slot? Tyler Lockett cann operate like it? So there you go get Tet or Golden and then you stir, you spend the block, and you go you drive down the Prosper and you have a sit down with Tyler Lockett and you say, come on with it.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 4: Or you make sure that Dak can sit back there with that hamstring all day long and nobody's gonna get to him. And you can have Tyler Lockett, you have Cede Lamb, and you can go out there and have go Go Speed Razor.
Speaker 6: I love it. I do.
Speaker 5: I I'm always I am always fast receiver, drafting offensive lineman early, I am all for it. But in this case, this specific case, no, if it's anybody other than Membu, I'm drafting a receiver oka Membo or a tech. Membu's higher on my board, and I looked at for me.
Speaker 1: I want your response. I want my skilled player, my position player. I want.
Speaker 5: But why are we having this conversation Because Membo will not be you won't be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's.
Speaker 5: Five guys that I that I'm very confident are not going to be there.
Speaker 1: If Ted is going, Golden isn't. If Golden is going.
Speaker 4: Ted isn't that I don't see both of them going off of the board.
Speaker 6: No, I bet you both are there. I bet you both, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So then it's just then it goes to your point because both can separate, but Golden can separate better. But Ted has more size than you need a true X. So then it's just a matter of whichever you want, whichever you.
Speaker 6: Want, whatever you got.
Speaker 1: That's that's where I am, Isaiah, That's where I am. All right, I respect it.
Speaker 5: We got to take our second break when we come back. I want to ask you, if there's one position where you have to have a starter caliber player.
Speaker 6: Out of the draft, which one is it?
Speaker 5: You cannot leave without it if you're hope to win games in the National Football League.
Speaker 6: More of talking Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Right after this, Tom thought it would be secure. The jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 6: At and T five G.
Speaker 8: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatble plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 12: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of me Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to overtime.
Speaker 1: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 14: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very Digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitor for qualt assurance, message data, RaSE and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Back to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Fans get ready for Draft Weekend.
Speaker 5: Presented by Miller Light at The Star on Frisco. The action kicks off on Thursday, April twenty fourth with the Ultimate Draft Party and continues Friday with the Draft Hangout and wraps up on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health, three days of football fun and fan experiences.
Speaker 6: You won't want to miss.
Speaker 5: Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Draft for more details.
Speaker 10: Don't you dare miss it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look, miss showed up coming in for the finale. I know who I think it is.
Speaker 10: I've appeared a.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 10: I couldn't miss it.
Speaker 15: I had an appointment, but I got here late, but I could not miss the show. I mean I did miss most of it, but the conversation has been excellent.
Speaker 1: I love it, Joe Hendry style.
Speaker 5: Do you have anything to add to the conversation from the last segment.
Speaker 10: I wasn't listening, honestly.
Speaker 6: No, no, no no.
Speaker 10: I disagree with Isaiah.
Speaker 15: I don't want Membo. I don't want an offensive line. We need skill positions. We need skill players because we need to make some plays. Buddy. I didn't articulate this as much as I wanted to last week, but I don't want another guy that's going to be a Ring of Honor guy. I want a super Bowl winner, if that makes sense. I need someone to win us some games and get us to the super Bowl. As much as it would it would great, be great to have a tenured player that did all he could. I don't want another guy in the ring without a ring.
Speaker 6: M okay, suit you the bar. That was a bar, But see how it turns out.
Speaker 5: I've got Membo higher on my board, and so I would take Membu. But Golden or Tet one of those two guys, I think that's the most likely to be a Dallas cowboy if I had to put my my bet in on the table now, which you can't.
Speaker 6: That's not monetary value.
Speaker 5: Is for fun switched up real quick on just for fun and happiness.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: It would be Matthew Golden, like I think that's where they're leaning.
Speaker 6: But we'll see.
Speaker 10: But we talked about this a few days ago.
Speaker 15: This is off air, But isn't there a little redundancy there with Matthew Golden and CD and there's their assets And then I guess with Ted you're getting more of a possession guy taller.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're getting something different with both guys. You're getting another level of separation and speed that you don't have a four to two ninety. You don't have on the roster. Even a guy like Cavante Turpin might have a four to two forty, but it's still not going to show up the same way that Golden would at that size. So you're getting something in Golden just as much as you're getting something with Tech McMillan. Tech McMillan is the bigger X receiver that you don't have the contest to catch guy red zone guy that you're gonna throw the ball up to and have some success volleyball player one way or the other. Yeah, literal volleyball one way or the other. You're getting something new to your receiver corps where I think, if you're telling me I could have two CD Lambs, I'm gonna take two CD Lambs, I'm gonna be okay with that. You know, Luther Burden, I think is a more direct comparison the CD's skill set.
Speaker 6: Than Golden is.
Speaker 5: I think Golden's more And this is probably a lazy comp but it's true. It is more of an Xavier Worthy type player than CD Lamb in terms of his skill set.
Speaker 15: So does the redundency lie in a player like Brandon Cooks? Like can you kind of fit those two together Golden and Brandon Cooks in that they didn't have great chemistry CD and Brandon Cooks over the past few seasons. Granted, we don't know if the McCarthy offense was serving Brandon Cooks very well for sure of his tenure here.
Speaker 10: So I mean, is that.
Speaker 5: Have more faith that Golden skill set would translate at this point in time If we're talking Brandon Cooks when he was fresh in the league and was in New Orleans and he was putting up incredible numbers along the way.
Speaker 6: Then that's one thing.
Speaker 5: But we got Brandon Cooks in his age twenty nine, thirty and thirty one year old seasons. I know we're getting Matthew Golden as a twenty two year old fresh out of college and just ran a four two nine.
Speaker 6: I think I would have more confidence.
Speaker 1: In that kind.
Speaker 10: So the size doesn't bother you as much.
Speaker 4: That really okay, And I said this before before you put your Joe Hendry, I would go tet over Golden, just simply because I like complimentary game changers, right, So I mentioned, you know, Yesteryear, Terry Glenn and te O. We'll bring it to current tents and we'll go to the city of Philadelphia, AJ Brown, Devonte Smith. I like complimentary game breakers, right, So a compliment, a complimentary situation would be CD Lamb and Ted more so than CD Lamb and Golden. That's not the same out on Golden. If you've been paying attention to the show, then I'm in on Golden. Yeah, But as far as if they're both staring me right in the face, knowing that Golden has slightly better separation. But tech can separate. Also, you lose some size to Golden over Tet. I'm taking I'm taking Tet's physicality ability to high point. The ball plays with a little bit more violence at the point of attech.
Speaker 1: I'm taking that and compliment with See.
Speaker 6: I think teams are worried about the.
Speaker 1: Four forty was more than solid though when he four.
Speaker 6: Or five, it's that changed.
Speaker 1: Not terrible.
Speaker 5: It's not terrible, and you can have success. I mean, Mike Evans ran a four or five four right, you know what the ten yards was ten yards split, I can get it for you.
Speaker 1: That's really what matters. Everybody likes to have forties.
Speaker 4: But like people need to look at you right because burst right celebration. How can how fast do you get up the top speed tops? I mean the probability of you running for forty yards a lot of times like yeah, on the gold ball. But if you're a big receiver, you don't need to be a whole yard in front of somebody. You just need to have them have the edge on them right or be able to body him up, So that first ten yards is more important.
Speaker 10: How fast you think my forty is?
Speaker 6: His split was a.
Speaker 5: One five eight, so he ran a four five, three, one five eight.
Speaker 1: All right, what's golden? Do you have that?
Speaker 6: Four two nine one four seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're talking about a tenth of a second exactly my point.
Speaker 5: In tenths in ten yards ten yards. That's that's a lot. A tenth of a second and ten yards?
Speaker 1: What trust me? Are you kidding? It's not a lot?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: One literally you here in that person there, that's what a tenth of a second is. Well, you want to do a tent of a second on your on your stop watch.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let me let me say this one one way, get your stop watching. No, no, no, no, I get what you're saying, But I'm talking about Matthew Golden's one four seven ten yard split would have him ranked number one out of the wide receiver group.
Speaker 6: Number one.
Speaker 5: You know where TEP McMillan would rank in terms of the wide receiver group, probably like late twenties. I don't have the exact number, but I'm reading.
Speaker 4: I just want to show the people, just want to show the people. Is that how fast it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He couldn't do it. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: He couldn't do that's over tenth and second, that's how much of a difference it is between them and there I think there's there's not like this.
Speaker 1: It's just really not right.
Speaker 4: But we le get into these numbers a lot, and we look at the analytics and we have to that's all we have to go off of right now. But when we start talking about that difference in speed, it's not you're the one that asked for this this I know.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to show. That was my point.
Speaker 4: I wanted to prove the difference between Ted and Golden in that first ten yards is literally you can't even do it on your phone. Sure, I'm good with Golden, but I'm taking Ted over Golden if both.
Speaker 5: This year, I am too, But I'm just I'm telling you Golden is not a bad option because he gives you something different.
Speaker 10: No, and he might be the likely option.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's best in red zone might be? Huh, who's the best in red zone between.
Speaker 10: Kyle question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can also be a jump ball situation, thank you very much. So.
Speaker 5: Ted had eight touchdowns and seven drops last year.
Speaker 10: Has Dak always been good at that jump all situation?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 10: I'm serious.
Speaker 6: Golden had nine touchdowns.
Speaker 4: You're talking about players, and as much as I love guys like Jake catch the ball, Jake Luke, like some of those red zone I should have been touchdowns.
Speaker 10: I'm looking back to where he couldn't get it right with.
Speaker 1: Deaz No, no, that's yeah, but that was Ricky Day.
Speaker 10: I mean no, I mean his first three years he couldn't get it right.
Speaker 6: Ricky Dak was pretty good.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, but not with that with the jump balls out that back face.
Speaker 10: You know that was placing.
Speaker 1: That was it is romo thing that used to be my favorite battle throw.
Speaker 5: I think I would give Ted the red zone edge, but I would say Golden is not bad either, Like I think he's great at it too.
Speaker 10: But Ted obviously because of his size in the red zone.
Speaker 5: I also look because of his separation and the ability to catch over the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the traffic. You know who tested me and it reminds me of and you mentioned this Mike Evans. Mike Evans. He has a Mike Evans, but he doesn't watch film Man.
Speaker 6: Well that was an old video time Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you were being I am very smart.
Speaker 4: You guys are saying to just report Ted is super physical and Matthew Golden doesn't like physicality based upon that's my con Yeah, not overly physical due to physical limitations and lack of bulk quinlan. He would prefer to not you don't want to go, so yeah, he preferred to not be pressed.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 4: Ted is just like whatever, we're just getting CD to the is like whatever, little dude, we're just getting I mean, honestly right, we're just CD is just getting to the point of his career where he's like, Okay, I'm willing to physically put my hat in there and get after it. That was one of the knocks on CD. It was first couple of years. I like the physical cats. It's going to bully some some smaller corner by He's going to bully.
Speaker 1: I like that. I loved it.
Speaker 5: A couple of things here, Just to keep in mind, all right, one position that you have to leave with a starter, one position in one position only.
Speaker 6: Who are you going with?
Speaker 1: Offensive guards?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you want your right guard running back?
Speaker 5: Okay, you mean just in the draft in general? In general running back? Yeah, I think running back to It's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 1: You have I like Hoffman.
Speaker 4: I like Hoffman, but if you have an opportunity to get somebody who is a doesn't come around. These guys that don't come around that often big boys up front. That's sure things. And then I'm sorry, but you're gonna there's guys that are always going to be trying to replace you, Hoffman. So just understand that it doesn't matter where you were drafted at, but especially if you're undrafted or a low draft pick, somebody's always organizations, whether it's the Cowboys or any other organization, they're going to bring in guys weekly to try to take your job. Your Your job is to make sure they don't get your job. So you're always gonna be looking over your shoulder. Youre always gonna trying to press forward the draft. You're gonna be it is what it is. If they bring in a big white compete, Yeah.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna agree with you in the fact that you can't have enough dogs that offensive line. Yeah you can't. You simply can't. I just hope it's in the later round.
Speaker 4: It's coveted. It's a coveted position. Like you're not getting rid of office a lineman. I mean, you saw Chicago just traded for some guys. But that's not normal. That guy's at the end of his career. Tony's at the end of his career. That's the reason why he got traded.
Speaker 6: They're desperate.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're not trading away interior offensive linemen in the prime in their careers or early in their careers. It just doesn't happen. If they can play, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: It just all goes back to can you line up today? And I don't think the running back situation, even though I do like the additions and the depth of Javonte Williams.
Speaker 1: And listen, I like both of those jokers.
Speaker 4: Behind a solid old line, both of them and dudes, both of them.
Speaker 1: I'm good. We'll see good good. What if?
Speaker 4: What if good ain't good enough? Listen, what a solid old line it is. That's what I'm trying to get it. All these running backs in this league are very capable. And I know there's been a conversation we've had before.
Speaker 1: Behind a beast old line.
Speaker 4: If I'm getting to the line of scrimmage and I haven't been touched as a running back in this league, whether I'm a big boy off as a line or whether I'm a scat back. I'm gonna do work. Okay, I'm gonna do work. But what happens when an assignment is missed? Blocking assignment DELAYE? Isn't that that's where the separating line becomes from a solid running back and.
Speaker 1: General it's just that you see it, you react before the other pieces fall in the place. That's where you get like the barrier.
Speaker 4: You might be able to name ten running backs in this league that can make guys miss in the backfield. Maybe Yeah, It's just it's not common. So if it's not that common, then I'm not banking on it. I'm banking on my old line creating holes. Unless you have a shot in that respective year's draft at getting a guy who's gone, who has division ability clickness. I like, I like you and see I like I like Hampton. I like Hampton a lot. I like how angry he runs. But I'm a that's the type of guy.
Speaker 6: I remember.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm taking member, I'll do yeah, But I like them.
Speaker 6: I like physical.
Speaker 4: You remember I played with Mariam, I played with Marion Barber. Like, we got somebody who's physical, like I like that. We gotta go, we gotta go, talking cowboys.
Speaker 5: Good bye everybody, Sir Patrick Walker for Josh Roderiguez, for Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam shirt.
Speaker 6: Listen in the back, I'm Kyle Yomen saying so long for Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.