Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning. We got you on Friday. Okay, we got a brand new Second Date episode. And for those of you who don't listen to our full show, because we do do a full hour every day, can I just recommend today's episode one full hour? Yeah, I really like Jeff's song parody today it's all about soup. You can also see it on our YouTube page if you just go to at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know it's not a crazy Friday unless you're bumping songs about soup.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Yeah, I said it first. Yeah, we do a lot here. Okay, yeah, just Second Dates.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, and Brooke, that was the perfect segue to the comment I actually had pulled off.
Speaker 1: I'm not even lying. I didn't even plan it.
Speaker 3: I know you did it, and Jay Gregg said, I don't normally leave comments, but I found you watching TikTok. Then I listened to all the Second Date updates, then all the phone taps, now the full shows.
Speaker 1: I listen all day every day. I'm addicted. Be like Jay greggs, Yeah, be like him. Enjoy right now your brand new Second Date update.
Speaker 4: Second date up day.
Speaker 5: Some people might say it's presumptuous on a first date to bring a girl straight to a hotel. Yeah, but Brooke would say the laquinsa oh my.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were going to say, a nice hotel.
Speaker 5: You don't even need a room. I'll just lay on the breakfast bar. You feed me Raisin brand till I say stop.
Speaker 1: I'll show you how to use that waffle maker's.
Speaker 4: Brooke likes it.
Speaker 5: But I only bring it up because, according to our listener Jack, in his email, he says he had his.
Speaker 4: First date at a local hotel and that's all I know, So, Jazz, you don't.
Speaker 6: A nice restaurant at a local hotel?
Speaker 1: My fingers for a bar?
Speaker 4: Y hey man, welcome to the show, dude, thank you wearing me?
Speaker 2: And you know what, that sounds really great? But was it that we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about the breakfast bar? Sounds really great?
Speaker 6: Hook up with the waffle machine.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about taking the lady to a hotel on the first date.
Speaker 6: Like you guys, it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Oh happened. I thought that's what it's said in the email.
Speaker 5: But a sorry reading's hard, Okay, I apologize, so maybe you should just start at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Tell us about this lady that you met.
Speaker 2: Alright, well, we did go to a hotel, but it was the coffee bar.
Speaker 6: So Jeff read the word hotel and was like, it was a hotel.
Speaker 4: What else do you do at a hotel?
Speaker 1: You can get a coffee coffee bar, okay, but the Lakina breakfast bar is it? What is the difference? Your name?
Speaker 2: I just figured if I put hotel in the email, it's like, oh, this is getting somebody as a town. Yeah. Get her name is Delilah?
Speaker 4: Okay? And how did you meet her?
Speaker 2: We met on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Did you take everything in your power not to sing that plain white Teese song to her?
Speaker 6: Oh? God?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you would think like that alone would make me remember. But I don't know if it's because you know, dating and you're looking at a lot of different people, a lot of different names. But we were sitting there and I say, within five minutes, I can't remember her name?
Speaker 4: Yeah what did you do?
Speaker 1: Oh ye?
Speaker 2: Hopefully luckily she kind of saved me from it because she started telling a story about her and a friend and she was like, oh and my friend was like Delilah, what are you doing? And I'm like, oh, that's it, Oh Delilah, Oh my.
Speaker 6: Gosh, you listened to her.
Speaker 4: That's a good things, Like, okay, now you're listening.
Speaker 5: So now that you're fifteen minutes into the date and you finally refigured out her name, where does it go from there?
Speaker 2: I mean, back up a little bit. She's very pretty and I was really attracted. And this may have been like the whole I forgot her name thing, but she had just like brown reddish hairs, picture like Emmastone, but prettier.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's shots fired at Emma Stone.
Speaker 1: I know she's really pretty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Emason is a big listener to this show. So that's okay.
Speaker 1: I mean that's awesome. You were blown away. How gorgeous this woman was, Delilah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was aside from like I can't remember your name, there were a couple other weird things you kind of take us a good side, Like we were wearing the same colors.
Speaker 1: Did she notice that or did you point it out?
Speaker 2: She actually was the one who pointed that.
Speaker 4: Out, talking like black and brown both the BA shirt. Yeah, we're in all green polka dots together.
Speaker 6: This super specific.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, aside from the color of her hair and the color of your clothes, were there any other color?
Speaker 4: That's very good? What other highlights did you and Delilah have with each other?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a good date. You know, we had a good conversation. It kind of veered off in a weird direction at one point. I don't know how we got there, but like we started talking about childhood dentist drama.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, and everyone knows a story about that.
Speaker 5: It's a really hot thing to talk about on a first day.
Speaker 1: Did it make you laugh?
Speaker 2: I mean ye kind of. I had a story about, you know, wisdom teeth getting pulled and lots of blood and actually vomiting or whatever. But she was laughing at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like she finds a human you like a little dry socket. At least you keep up with your teeth. That's what I'm.
Speaker 4: I mean. Maybe we should just jump right to how did it end?
Speaker 2: I thought it ended well, you know, I mean, it's a daytime to day, so it wasn't like we were a kiss. We hugged. Okay, I'm trying to think of you know, I used the coupon to pay for the coffee. But I don't think she even saw that, so it's not like she's gonna go, oh, gosh, cheap or something.
Speaker 1: So some people love an issue with coupons for some reason because I think that just means you were a smart So I need to know.
Speaker 3: Was it like on your phone cubon you had like a paper cutout?
Speaker 6: Why that's kind of old.
Speaker 1: Who cares where the coupon came from?
Speaker 5: Okay, but the brism that you do it, Brooke, is so that you can tip less on the fire.
Speaker 4: That's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Also, that just means you found a man that could be financially stable.
Speaker 2: I don't even think she's solid. I mean it was on my phone. I don't even think she's solid. But if she did, then yeah, it was on the phone back.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're fine.
Speaker 5: Okay, how long has it been since your hotel coffee date?
Speaker 2: Uh? It is then just over a week and I'm getting absolutely nothing back.
Speaker 5: Okay, you hesitated there, and I thought you might be saying seven years.
Speaker 4: So this is than what I was expecting.
Speaker 5: That means we still have a chance when we come back and we called Delilah for you, Hopefully she has some memory of who you are and some memory of why she's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: If she forgets his name, it'll just make him feel better. Yeah, that's also positive.
Speaker 2: I would prefer you didn't bring that part up, okay, but yeah, whatever you gotta do, Okay, we'll.
Speaker 4: Make it happen for you with your second date update right after this. Hold on second date update if you're just joining us.
Speaker 5: We've been chopping it up with our listener Jack about his first date with a lovely woman with reddish brown hair named Delilah.
Speaker 1: Say, auburn hair.
Speaker 4: That's not how he described that is.
Speaker 1: What reddish brown is.
Speaker 6: You read it was red.
Speaker 5: But you've heard of the app coffee meets Bagel. Well, Jack said no.
Speaker 4: To that bagel. Just grabbed coffee with.
Speaker 7: Her at a hotel bar and it was a great transition.
Speaker 6: And when he wrote that down in his head, he's like, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To say this. I'm hearing the people laughing in their cars right now.
Speaker 5: And they discussed hobbies and childhoods, traumatic dental experiences.
Speaker 4: All the usual first date topics.
Speaker 5: But now, just like the ring, it's been seven days, so it's time to go get our girl.
Speaker 6: Scary you guys.
Speaker 5: Are seeing the ring You know, you see the video and then you have seven days to like forward it or you die.
Speaker 1: I know, watch those movies. They are two frightenings, scary.
Speaker 5: It's seven days and then the entity comes to get you. And that's what we are. We are the entity coming to her.
Speaker 4: We're about to ask her what's up. Okay, it's okay, Brook.
Speaker 5: I know you don't appreciate amazing transitions like that, but that's what we're gonna do in radio.
Speaker 3: But this whole time, Joe was like, I'm coming in with a copy Bagel, Joe, I'm.
Speaker 6: Following up with the ring man.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be I.
Speaker 1: Don't even have to day after you.
Speaker 5: These two got me because when we win on Marconi Award after this, you're gonna see who's laughing.
Speaker 1: But that's no one knows what a Marconi is radio for twenty don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a radiogram.
Speaker 4: I didn't know until Jack, you feel me. You felt like that was a good recap, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I thought you guys got you say no, Jack, no, because he thinks he says no, Oh my god, we all.
Speaker 6: Know the answer.
Speaker 2: I only hesitated because I was listening to you guys talking about what the hell is Marconi?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's the highest prize you can win in radio.
Speaker 1: It's not included in the got for a reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fine, the reckoning is coming.
Speaker 7: Let's just call this Yeah, Hello, Hey is this Delilah?
Speaker 1: This is she?
Speaker 4: Hey Delilah? Happy? What?
Speaker 1: No, you're in for a treat. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You're hearing a lot of voices right now because you're on the radio right now on the show called Broken Jebbary in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, hi the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks, that's appropriate response.
Speaker 5: I know you're probably wondering what's going on, and I can tell you this is a segment we do.
Speaker 4: You may have heard of it before. It's called a second Date update.
Speaker 8: Uh okay.
Speaker 4: It's where if.
Speaker 5: We have a listener who wants some help getting in touch with someone they went on a date with recently, we can call them on their behalf and try to figure out if there's a reason why they aren't getting together again.
Speaker 1: Oh kind of cute, huh yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the reason that we're calling you is because you met up with a guy named Jack recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the coffee date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coffee Jack.
Speaker 9: Right, it was a piece of date, but I mean overall, I mean, unfortunately I kind of sounded a little a little boring, you know.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that's the world.
Speaker 4: Which part was boring?
Speaker 9: Like? Yeah, there was just like not a lot of initiatives taken on, like starting different conversations.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, so you felt like you had to lead all the conversation. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, like a little bit. I honestly think that we got started talking about the dentist after I said I had sensitive teeth when I drank my coffee when it was too hot, and then that's how.
Speaker 5: We ended up there, okay, And when he was describing how he was puking in the dentist's chair.
Speaker 4: That didn't give you romantic butterflies.
Speaker 9: It's not necessarily the exciting first date conversation you like, get to know you.
Speaker 5: Okay, But to be fair, like, what is like what were you hoping for? Like you guys are just supposed to up and get to know each other, right like a first time.
Speaker 9: I don't have like a first date script that I expect to be like gone over it.
Speaker 1: I mean I can kind of understand what she's saying. When you have a conversation with someone and it feels like it's more work than what you get out of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, Brooke, I agree with you on that, and I see what you mean. But we do a lot of these phone calls, and I would caution people because.
Speaker 4: A lot of times when someone says they're.
Speaker 5: Looking for that romantic spark, that's just not how real dates actually are.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying she should give up on it. I'm just saying that I understand having those conversations and leaving and being like, oh, that was exhausting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't hear her saying like, God, that was exhausting.
Speaker 4: Was just like I was kind of bored. I didn't feel the spark, you know.
Speaker 6: When people are like, oh, it felt like we already knew each other, like the chemistry was there. This is like the opposite event.
Speaker 5: But you're describing Brook and her cousins at their family and that's a different situation.
Speaker 3: That my second or third date feeling thirsty.
Speaker 1: So Delilah, you're saying it was so boring and it didn't even warrant more exploration into if there was actually something there.
Speaker 9: Like he is a good but to be perfectly honest, like I'm getting messages from guys pretty frequently, and like I'm going on quite a few coffee.
Speaker 8: Tapes and so like, if it's not.
Speaker 9: Interesting or I don't feel like a spark or like want to pursue it, I I just don't know that it's worth my time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's like, you know, I got his audition.
Speaker 5: Sure, but who's to say that he wasn't also equally bored and wanting more from you during.
Speaker 4: The conversation Chef.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's what he said, because that's the polite thing to do when you meet somebody.
Speaker 4: Then, and I'm not just gonna say that in his place.
Speaker 5: I'll let him tell you, because Jack is on the other line listening to this call wanted to.
Speaker 8: Jump in, yeah, oh, or I I would not like that had I known that you were I'm sorry, Yeah, Brook, he's just doing the.
Speaker 2: Wells. I'm just gonna say in my defense, I mean, it was a coffee date in the middle of the day. I don't know what you expect.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe we connect over a mutual hobby or like a movie that we liked, and none of that happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was just hold him back because again I thought we were just trying to go slow, try and get to know each other. I mean, you've got to wait till like the second date before you get you.
Speaker 1: Know, where you get to hobbies.
Speaker 2: I'm not boring. I mean I eat a whole rope kissery chicken on a zoom call last week.
Speaker 6: And a boy, now we're talking a lot.
Speaker 9: What were you making like a what do they called like a mop bong video where you eat in front.
Speaker 2: Of the camera.
Speaker 5: He's just an interesting guy who does crazy interesting things.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you would, yeah, you would know that about him if you gave him a chance.
Speaker 3: I want more examples.
Speaker 1: You want to know what else?
Speaker 9: I just didn't feel that connec spark?
Speaker 5: Are you sure, Delilah, Because back then maybe you didn't feel it, But after hearing about that chicken stuff, you might be getting a little hot.
Speaker 4: And heavy right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a bad example. Okay, my neighbors, my neighbor's cast follows me everywhere like I'm some kind of a cult leader.
Speaker 1: Oh good, judge, care why do we go to that analogy?
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying because I don't want you to think like I'm just some plain old, boring guy.
Speaker 1: I say, I say, I mean, I will say, sometimes people just don't make the best first impressions and maybe that's you, And that's okay, that's literally. You know, it's better that he didn't talk your ear off and talk at you instead of just being a little boring on a first date.
Speaker 9: That's true. I do like being able to have an equal conversation instead of just being talked at.
Speaker 5: Okay, now's a good opportunity, Jack, give her a chance to talk.
Speaker 9: I will say, Jack getting in touch with me through the radio is certainly interesting.
Speaker 6: You millions of people saying to you right now.
Speaker 1: I think the tides are turning, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Yes, but she did mention that she has a ton of messages from other dudes.
Speaker 1: Why would bring that up right now?
Speaker 4: Well, she brought it up.
Speaker 1: But we don't have to go back there.
Speaker 4: You're right, Brooke.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping that we don't and that she just agrees to another date right now with Jack.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 5: A coffee and possibly a bagel date that we would pay for.
Speaker 2: No, I've got to have a dinner. We'll quote it night.
Speaker 6: Yes, what about a movie night?
Speaker 9: The Ring?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, that movie is terrifying.
Speaker 8: I don't want to watch the ring.
Speaker 4: Well, this is sounding a lot better. So what do you think about giving him one more chance? Tolilah again, we would pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 9: I mean, I do have a couple of other dates lined up, just to be perfectly honest, But if he's willing to, you know, be that fourth date, I would totally go on a second date with you.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's volleyed it back over the net to you.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying I might have some dates myself. All right, No, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, you're excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I just wanted to kind of. I'm not a boring guy, so yeah, maybe I got.
Speaker 5: Well, Jack, if you're really not boring, maybe you go on the other dates with Delilah and you can meet and even one up some of the other men.
Speaker 1: Oh what are you on today? I know, man, seven days.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody likes that idea.
Speaker 9: Just to meet four more dates.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go get Jeff and napped.
Speaker 5: Brook's gonna leave us with a really quippy thing on the very end of it.
Speaker 1: Go Brook, No, I think that we just end the call. Congratulations. You can't wait to hear back from you. Let us know how it goes.
Speaker 4: Well, that was boring rook Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know, it's nice to hear the boring guy get a win every once in a while.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I think what's funny is like, when we were talking to him, I didn't find him boring. Yeah, yeah, but he seemed like normal. But maybe we talked more than he did, and that was maybe we definitely interesting one.
Speaker 4: It's good that he realized that and kept his mouth.
Speaker 5: What the bad news is, we're not going to be on the date with him, so we can't help him out again. Because the thing that really seemed to change her mind was the fact that he called us and put her on the radio.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is one of those things where you should go with just a couple of pre planned questions for any date, like any dinner party, you know, come with some interesting conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's your body count?
Speaker 1: No? No, after like middle school school?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's what's a better one?
Speaker 1: Like the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in middle school?
Speaker 5: No, that sounds like that sounds like all of the other stories that he was telling about dst.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have the list in front of me. If he needs help, we can do that. Make the list and let us know and match your own personality forwards, not so.
Speaker 4: That we don't have to think of it.
Speaker 5: But remember, if you want help with your dating life, we can be there for you to call that person who isn't calling you back. And remember all of our second dates are online on YouTube, where you can also watch Brook eat an entire rotisserie chicken in under twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I haven't done that yet.
Speaker 4: It's the ball the way that Jawn hinges. It's wild. Go check it out at Brooke and Jeffrey