Speaker 1: I'm Honey German. My parents are Dominican. I was born and raised in New York City. I love sneakers and I'm a body positive advocate.
Speaker 2: I'm Carolina Bermudez soy nika a wins it. But I was born and raised in Ohio. I'm a wife, a mama, and a worker bee.
Speaker 1: This is life in spanglish.
Speaker 2: You know. It's movements like this that make me so happy that I am not in the dating world anymore because TikTok is all over this new thing that is taking over, which, by the way, we shouldn't be surprised because TikTok has like all of the info. It is where all of the information lies. But this beij flag thing that is happening in the dating world, we must discuss this.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it, because even though we're not dating. Carolina, when I was looking at this trend, I'm like, what is it? And they said it's like weird habits that are less than a deal breaker but are not a plus. And I'm like, oh wow, my husband got a bunch of ohs. What divorce them? But I'm happy about them. So I said, we're going to get into this beige flag trend and break it down for our listeners.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so beige flag less offensive than a red flag. So basically these are things that like are not deal breakers, Like they're not going to make you run away from the relationship, but they give you pause. They make you stop and say, who is this person that I'm with? I love this and I looked it up and somebody said a beige flag. It's like a trendy relationship term, yes, but basically it's where someone can identify signs on these dating apps that make you wonder about the person, whether or not they're really making the effort like this is. There's a lot of different interpretations for beige flags, so I get it, Like, if you're on a dating app, how would you know whether or not to move forward with somebody unless you like really start picking apart their profile so you can even pick You can even find some of these beige flags in their description in these dating apps. That's what I found out about this.
Speaker 1: If I was on a dating app, Carolina, you want me to give you a beige flag really quick? If I see this man with anything superhero related like a Superman T shirt or a Batman but a hell No, that's a beige flag. You could be fine, but I don't know, girl, I just cannot stomach a man that's obsessed with superhero anything.
Speaker 2: As a full blown adult. You cannot take if he's into Marvel DC, if he's the first one in line to see thor things of that, that's your beige flag.
Speaker 1: I could still date him, but it's gonna bother me the whole relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, So perfect definition of a beige flag. I saw a definitely or I saw an example of a beige flag that I thought, oh, okay, I get it now. This one person said that whenever her date would ask for a fork at a sushi restaurant, that's a beige flag because it's like, how are you going to come to a sushi restaurant fully knowing that you need to be able to like be adept with chopsticks, and you're gonna ask for a fork, Then that's a beige flag. So that's what this one woman was saying, Like how because she's in the dating world and she's out there, and that's one thing that she said. She's like, I like to go out for sushi dinners or like, you know, just to test to see like if this is a beige flag for me, if the person asks a request a fork that.
Speaker 1: Feels evil, I don't feel like everyone in America knows how to use chopsticks, so I feel like I don't know she's being a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's a personal I feel like that's a personal beige flag. Right, So these people are all over the place, and then I start to think to myself, like, what are my beige flags?
Speaker 1: Oh girl, we would have to bring the guys in on this episode. I'm pretty sure we have a million beige flags.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, my husband could really break it down with me, because I feel like I am just in totality a beige flag. But yeah, like, for example, something that drives. I can offer myself up on this one and say I am probably the worst person to sleep with because I don't have just one alarm. I have three alarms, and I don't necessarily like allow myself to snooze because I am considerate of my partner. I know that three point fifteen is rude, It's like a rude awakening, but there are those times where I'm super tired, so I have three fifteen that I have three thirty and then I have three forty five. Is like, that's it. You're not gonna make it like you basically just have to like brush your teeth and get into the city type of vibe.
Speaker 1: You know, that is not only a beige flag, Carolina, that warrants you have your separate bedroom. If we were married, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: That's that's a whole discussion that we were like, actually, like, the only thing is that I need Mark to put me to bed, otherwise we would be completely content sleeping in different bed pods.
Speaker 1: You know me, I love TikTok, So as soon as we said, you know, let's talk about beige flags, I went dive on TikTok and I saw one particular trend. A lot of women were saying that their boyfriend or husband's beage flag is that they're super unbothered to ask for any details that he'll be like, oh my best friend broke up with her man. Oh that's sad, zero details. Oh my sister had a baby, Oh congratulations, zero details. Is d a beige flag for you, Carolina?
Speaker 2: It's not a beach flag. But I feel like it depends on the person. Like there are some guys who are so down to give you like every dirty detail, like my one girlfriend is married to I won't. I mean, obviously I'm not gonna say who they are. But he is always down for the tea piping hot he wants it. He'll sit in the room with us while we're talking about other people. He just loves to be around it, Okay, And like whenever he tells the story, he gives very pertinent details. Mark Grossman, my husband is the type that would not even bring it up, like he could have been president for like the throwdown of all throwdowns, and he would not give me any info, unbothered, unbothered by the details. Where meanwhile, I'm like living for them. I'm like, and what was she wearing? And then did a titty pop out? Like what happened? Like does somebody have a black eye? Like can we discuss this? But he does not do that. Yeah, so I would say that's definitely a sign of a beige flag for some people, but for Mark, that's like completely normal.
Speaker 1: A lot of women complain about this. They want men to ask questions. I feel like I would need it to I can't tell you such and such got a new job, and you're not gonna ask me where you're not gonna ask me how much did it make you? Or you're not gonna ask me what the position is. That's a beige flag for me. I like to talk and a lot of women on TikTok are having the same exact beige flag problem.
Speaker 2: Well, also, you know what people are talking about beige flags in relationships too, Like this isn't just limited to the people who are single out there, like you know when when you have a partnership, and let's say, for example, like I started watching White Lotus. Okay, White Lotus was hot. I did not get in on White Lotus though, to be fair, until like close to the second season. Everybody was hyping it up. I was late to the game, so was I.
Speaker 1: I just watched the first season last week.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Okay, yeah, so I before season two came out, everybody was ridiculing me and saying, I can't believe you haven't watched White Lotus. So finally I was like, I'm going to commit myself to this. I'm going to watch the first two episodes because my girlfriend told me she was like, watch the first two episodes and like don't give up on it, like just trust me, Like be in it for the long haul. So I watched the first two episodes. Mark comes in on the second episode, is intrigued by it. Now it has become our show. Okay, now it's not just my show anymore. So that first of all was annoying to me. Then it became our show, so I couldn't watch it without him, which in turn made me delay me watching this whole thing. Right, there is an example of a beige flag in your relationship. Like he couldn't have been bothered before. He's not bothered with housewives. He doesn't even watch Below Deck with me. But when he got into White Lotus, then it became our show, and he was like offended when I watched without him.
Speaker 1: Girl, if I watch a show that is our show without NOONI you know what I do. I rewind the episode so that he doesn't know I watched it.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I can't keep a straight face though. That's the thing. It's like, I won't give myself I'll watch it again. That good. I am not that good. See. I wish I had that like ability because I would be like, oh my gosh, I can't okay, fine, just wait for it. Like I'm that type of person that will say that. So another user on TikTok says that, like, you know, beige flags are not just things that like affect that person. There are things that can affect you. Like So for example, if Mark says we're leaving at three pm, we are leaving at three pm, okay, But like other people will say like, oh, oh, we're gonna leave soon. Well, what does soon mean? Soon means different things for different people. Soon for you, honey, could be thirty minutes soon for Mark Grossman means five minutes. You know what I mean. So those are like examples of beige flags that I saw too, where it's like it doesn't just affect you, like it affects the partner.
Speaker 1: This beige flag right here that I saw, it's from a couple and she says that her fiance's beige flag is that he doesn't like to eat dinner in silence. That he will google a couple questions or relationship quizzes, and when they go out to a restaurant, he wants to talk the entire time.
Speaker 2: But see, I think that's so sweet. I feel like that's connecting and I actually applaud his effort because I will say this you know, the kids are gone, and Mark and I went out to dinner a couple of nights ago and we were sitting there and yeah, okay, finally we were discussing things like that, we have coming up, we have trips coming up, we have this, we have that, like, we have like all of these things that we had to like kind of square away on the calendar. Then I ever, like you talk about things and you work things out, then it's just kind of like, okay, it's not awkward silence, but it's like it would be nice to have other things to go to. So I actually applaud that partner for having like the foresight to say, hey, we're gonna need some shit to talk about.
Speaker 1: That's super cute. We just gossip during dinner, but that's super cute on his part. One beige flag that I can throw out there at Carolina is if he doesn't like the beach, that's a beige flag for me, Like, I'm not gonna break up with you, I'll still date you, but I have a big problem with that. I love the beach, and if this man doesn't care about the beach, water tanning, or just relaxing by the sand, that's a beige flag.
Speaker 2: But see, beige flag means that it's not a deal breaker. So you would really like if somebody came up to you and said, I'm not down for the beach, like you would stop dating them if it was like in dating terms.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's it's a beige flag. I could still date him, but I have an issue with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So when we come back, we are going to continue the discussion of beige flags and whether or not it's time to walk, So we'll we'll go through that right after. Okay. So we were discussing something and you and I both were researching beige flags, and there was one that came up that I thought, oh my gosh, if I would have applied this to my own relationship, we would have never made it. So somebody said that their beige flag is that the person that they're with is never at one hundred percent health, meaning like they always have like a headache or you know, their their stomach is bothering them or.
Speaker 1: You know, make them fake ailments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's like they're never at one hundred percent, Like you don't wake up one day just feeling great. Like listen, as we get older. I'll be honest with you. I do wake up with like random aches and pains. I slept on my shoulder the wrong way the other night. I had like a thord shoulder. I was just like, are you being.
Speaker 1: So annoyed at you all day long? If you keep complaining about that shoulder?
Speaker 2: Well, and then it's also just like, oh, I'm so tired. So what this girl was saying about like a beige flag was just like when somebody is just never at one hundred percent, You're going to live the rest of your life with this person's ailments. And I thought to myself, that is a major beige flag for me, because there are times when like I don't need to hear about your ailments. I got enough of my own.
Speaker 1: I got friends that that's all they do, and I cringe when they call me because I'm like, I know the list of ailments is coming and it'd be like weird ailments. So I ate and I have a pain on my side that won't leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's like, you you have your own things to deal with, and then to have to deal with somebody else's like stuff like you know, hold on top of it. No, thank you, So no, that's another beige flag. Another thing that I found was like somebody said that if they eat pizza with a fork, another like food thing. A lot of these things revolve around food.
Speaker 1: That is alarming, correct, Tarrelina, That is not a beige flag. That is, as a new worker, that is a red flag to me, you are not all mentally up there if you are cutting up a slice of pizza.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time because my pizza I always have so many toppings on it that I want to get every topping in every bite. And I have no problem with myself.
Speaker 1: I am you get I know who you are. You get that pizza that's no longer pizza. Got it?
Speaker 2: I get like mushroom, black olive onion. But I want every delectable bite to have every single topping on it. And I see nothing wrong with my behavior. Don't at me, Okay, me on it. Okay, I want to have. If I'm going to indulge in pizza, I want it to be everything I wanted to be. Wait, no, somebody else wrote if they continue to wear underwear or clothes that have holes in them. Okay, now, other than like the trendy thing of like, you know, obviously wearing jeans that have holes in them. If you're a full grown adult and you're wearing your you know, underwear with holes in them, we need to have a talk. That's definitely a beige flag.
Speaker 1: Nah, drawls with holes in them, Nah, that's photos out. We can get you new ones. Underwears are not that expensive, my love.
Speaker 2: No, I know. And it's like you got a rotato comes and see it was like you've got to make sure that, like your game is on. Some of the beige flags too that I thought were really interesting about the dating apps in particular, And I think this one is so, so so true. It would definitely bring up like a moment of pause for me if they wear sunglasses in every photo. What are you hiding? Bro? What are you or what are you hiding? Sis? Because girls do it too.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. And here here's why it's like borderline beige red. Sometimes when people take off their sunglasses, they look like a completely different human, eyes be wandering all over the place. You might no longer be physically attracted to that.
Speaker 2: Person, right, So a beige flag in if you go on somebody's dating app and there is not one picture of them without sunglasses. It may be time to swipe.
Speaker 1: Left or right. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think that's that, and I think it's left. But then also somebody said, and this is really really true, and I believe this. If they're competitive about everything, like I get it. It's fun if you go to like trivia nights or because that's like all a part of like dating and getting to know each other. Right when you go and do these fun things, Oh.
Speaker 1: For sure, but you got to get into it. Girl, I beat my pits, be sweating. If we do anything competitive, girl, give me another little sprits of the.
Speaker 2: Odor, Well, yes, because we want to get in that. But if they're competitive about everything and they don't ever let you win, not that they should let you win, but if they're just like super aggie and like super aggressive and like they need to win it everything, that's a definite page for me. That would be a red flag because it's like, why are you so intense? Like I love to win too, but we don't have to win everything.
Speaker 1: If you had David Buster's doing the little basketball shooting situation and he's elbow you to get out the way I feel you that's a redfly for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. So I don't know, I feel like we're very fortunate to not be in that space of having to like decipher these beige flags or these red flags. But also I think it's like good looking out for those of you who are out in the dating game again, you know. And like I will say this, my sister's been out of the dating game for years, and she said, every time I go back in, it is so overwhelming, so daunting, because it's just a different game that's being played now.
Speaker 1: It is because my sister, she's been she's been single for a while, and she dates, She used these dating apps, and sometimes she just tells me, I'm closing it all down. I'm not messing with this. I'd rather just focus on my career. I'd rather focus on traveling. This dating shit is not for me. It is a mess out here. And I'm like le Tinder, Sierra Bumbo Instagram.
Speaker 2: You get why, you know, I mean, she's that's the only way that people are meeting though right now. That's the thing that sucks about it.
Speaker 1: Come on, I met somebody, didn't meet somebody. I saw somebody that I haven't seen in a long time and she had a new boyfriend with her and I said, how did you meet and she said, oh, my sister introduced us. I was floored, Carolina, I have not met people that met through other people in years.
Speaker 2: Everything is I Oh, that's the move though. Who was I talking to the other day? Okay, so it's a friend of mine. Her daughter is in a different grade and she was dating somebody they broke up, and she said, oh, if you know anyone you know, like hook me up. And I said, girl, I mean we pretty much all know the same people, you know? And she said, I'm convinced that the only way that I will find another partner is through other people, because the dating apps are that bad.
Speaker 1: I get Banna. Thank god I grew up ten years ago, because right now I wouldn't be able to do it. They flags, red flags, all types of flags.
Speaker 2: Well some of the other beige flags that you guys can look out for. Somebody said, if they're always taking pictures of themselves at the gym, if they're saying that they're a regular at the gym, if they like to describe their physical appearance when they literally have photos of themselves online, like that's a beige flag. If they have the word foodie anywhere in their profile, which that to me would be like a great thing. I would think, oh my gosh, like this person has the knowledge I want to go out with them.
Speaker 1: You would think. But I don't know. I don't know. It's just so many different things. Like I was on TikTok, I saw at least thirty tiktoks. It feels like everything is a beige flag.
Speaker 2: They said, if they have multiple pictures of them in the club, that's a beige flag, which okay, But then like if you're single. That's why I feel like maybe sometimes we're dissecting things too much, because if somebody's single, then where do you want them to be taking pictures? If they're taking pictures with their cat in their living room, then you're like, oh, beig flag, he's boring and out of the club. See. I feel like there's just too many like preconceived notions, and I feel like we're not giving each other a chance. So take the beige flag thing, like with a grain of salt, see if it works for you or if it doesn't. And if you've like encountered any of these beige flags, we definitely want to know. But after this, we're going to go straight to the salon unless you have more beage flags you want to get into.
Speaker 1: Honey, girl, my whole life is a beage flag with this mamba continue.
Speaker 2: All right, Well before we go to the salon, Honey, what page flags does NOONI have? If you said that the whole thing is a page flag with him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just wee well his I think my top of the list is that he uses his phone with the volume up, no matter what he's doing, no matter what he's watching. He does not have any regards for me. If he's on let's say Instagram reels, he'll watch twenty minutes of reels with the volume on high and it's like, oh that a monkey, Oh that was a car, Oh that was a comedian.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm like Jesus Christ, I won't divorce you because of this, but it's killing me.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait Soonie, Noonie's beige flag, Poor Noonie. I feel like he is just you too. Crack me up now, Darlinas.
Speaker 1: He has ear pods, I'm like, I charged him and I always bring him and be like you want ear pods. He's like if I wanted EarPods, I would have grabbed him and I'm like, well, I don't want to hear what you're watching.
Speaker 2: Why is he giving me old THEO vibes? Like that is something that my THEO would do. He would be sitting in a room and start watching Facebook, like full blown volume in your regard for anybody else that's like, that's full THEO vibe right there.
Speaker 1: And there you go. We're gonna shame him him to feeling like that's old people behavior.
Speaker 2: So he could quit exactly. And you know that he wants to be up on the trends, which, by the way, sidebar his business. That car looked amazing. I know, I'm sorry, I'm totally diverting from the topic, but like I don't know if you guys know, but noone has a new business. And what is he doing? Is he wrapping cars?
Speaker 1: Yes, so he's always loved cars. So me, being the amazing wife, I am encouraged him to go off and get certified. He took two weeks and we launched his business, New Design and he does car wraps, final wraps and no he lives for Carolina. He'll wrap an entire car for you. You pick the color, bring it here well to the shop, and he'll take care of it for you. Yeah, this is a whole new episode. I think this is another episode, Carolina, because I felt like his career early in his life was not what he loved. So I decided for him that I want you to now explore what you love. I don't care how much it costs. I want you the second half of your life as a working person to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Loves it, Carolina, But I feel like that's a whole other episode, switching gears. Getting a new career and feeling fulfilled when you work, and that's something that he's feeling right now. And I am so happy for him.
Speaker 2: I love that for him. Yeah yeah, Karlina, he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: They'll be like, oh, can you wrap a car today? He'd be like, yep, pull up, and he'll work till three am to make it happen. I've never seen I never saw him with his old career even care to get up to go to work. Now he don't sleep so he can work.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? It's like he's filled his spirit with something that he really enjoys, which is so beautiful. You know, it's like, not everybody gets to do that. But yeah, I saw some of the cars that he's been doing, and I was like, whoa, these are like works of art.
Speaker 1: He's the man, got like the man got talent the man, and he does. And he's always loved cars. There's always been his passion. So I'm happy for him, and I love this for me too, because he's gonna work hard, he's gonna make a lot of money. I'm gonna get a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's the trickle down theory. You know. Hey, he's happy, you're happy, everybody's happy. Then we will take it so good. Well, we'll have to do another episode on that. But I did want to go to the salon before we break because this one is good. Okay, So this this comes to us from Deienna and she said, hey, Honey and Carolina, I just wanted to write to you guys because I'm having a dilemma. I've been with this guy for two months or so. I finally brought him back to my apartment. Things were going great until he told me he hates dogs and to keep my precious Rocco locked upstairs by the way. I had a dog named Rocco, and she goes on to say, Rocco has been my dog for over five years and this boy is telling me what I can and can't do and we're only two months in hell No, so I called him an uber and sent him on his way. I haven't spoken to him since. My friends think that I'm crazy and that I overreacted, but I think I just dodged a huge red Oh look, dogs was a huge red flag. Am I the asshole? This is from Deanna and Rocco, and she wants to know whether or not she was in the wrong for sending this guy on his way after he told her that he didn't want the dog around.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, my man. Listen, this dog been here five years, you'll be here two months. You probably just trying to smash and you're telling me to lock up my baby. You guss to go. I would have never called him an uber, that's first of all. Yeah, and my dog would have been right on my lap the whole entire man. He was there for that one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Diana, like something about this is really bothering me because if you were talking to this guy for two months. There had to be a conversation where you brought up your dog. I mean, obviously you've had your dog for five years. You probably put your dog in your dating profile, you know what I mean, Like you're very aware that somebody has an animal or that they're an animal lover, you know, like and I told the story a million times, Like I had two little dogs when I first started dating Mark z your question, you came to my house or two little Yorkis yapping away, you know, when we were on the phone having conversations, you can hear the dog barking in the background. So then he waited until he got to your house to tell you it a lot. First of all, you're not gonna tell me what to do in my own home. That's the first thing.
Speaker 1: He was probably like, Yo, she fly or whatever. I'm gonna, you know, not care about the dog when I go to her house, I'm gonna just tell her to lock up the dog. But li did he know Deanna is not just a dog owner. She is a fir mommy. And that's where the problem served.
Speaker 2: Well exactly, And the fact that you're going to request that she keep her dog in the other room, Like what do you what do you think is gonna happen? Like, do you think that I'm just gonna lock up my dog every time you come over? Don't you think this? THEEDS a little bit further of a discussion. So, Deanna, I feel like you did definitely dodge a red flag. Also, there's something about guys who don't like animals. There has to be some kind of trauma that happened in the past. Why don't you what's your deal with dogs? Like, let's go there, talk to me about it.
Speaker 1: One thing is you're allergic to dogs. That I could understand bus straight up, like, I hate dogs. I don't want to be around dogs. You're not my type of person because I am an.
Speaker 2: Animal lover exactly, That's what I'm saying. So if this is an animal lover, you've dodged a definite red flag, not even a beige flag. But second of all, Babe, why are you calling him an uber? He has a phone. He could call the uber on his own. Next time, you politely ask him to gather or whoever it is, to gather their things and leave and let him figure it out what he's outside on the sidewalk. I think you were very generous and offering him the uber and by the way, let me add this, the fact that he hasn't even reached out after gives me definite weirdo vibes on it, Like I would be mortified if somebody sent me on my way, and like I would just be like, hey, I'm sorry, there may have been a miscommunication. Like I'm just not sure if the dog would have liked me, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know. I think that this guy was definitely a.
Speaker 1: Buster at the US MAAMU. It was nice knowing you. Good luck with the next.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, Deanna, definitely. I hope that you go out there and you find somebody that's going to accept and love your dogs. Almost to the point where, like my dogs, they didn't even see me anymore after Mark Grossman came in the picture. They like changed their masters, which they say, like dogs never change their masters. These little mofos did. They're like, no, bitch, you've been feeding us for eight years of our life, but like we're gonna go with this dude now because he makes us feel safe.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, that's the same thing to happen to me with Roxy, Like Roxy was my dog. Then she became Nuoni's dog. Then they developed like a romantic relationship. And I used to argue because I would go lay down and the dog was like on his shoulder licking his face. I'm like, I need this dog out of here. It's like me and her were fighting over his man competing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a full blown competition here. Erna will like stake her claim. She'll get on the couch and put her paw over Merk's leg like she has claimed her man.
Speaker 1: So this is my man. I don't know about you, Carolina, but this mark is mine.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm like, bitch, you only lived for like ten to thirteen years, so whatever, We're straight on that note. Now, you know what, Guys, you can always email us, send us your saloon questions at l spanglish.
Speaker 1: And hit us up on a gram. Send us over all your beige flags, whether you're dating and a relationship or married. I want to know that I'm not out here alone because I had a list of ten bage flags. I just didn't give it to y'all. Hit us on social media.
Speaker 2: It's l spanglish, yes, and you can hit me up individually. I'm at the real Carolina on all social.
Speaker 1: Media, Subscribe and give them five stars and drop them reviews because we love seeing those.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and we'll be back next week for another episode. Thanks so much for joining us, guys.
Speaker 1: Life and Spanglish is a production of Life and Spanglish productions in partnership with Iheart's micing through that podcast Network