Speaker 1: The media is crazy. They really creative. I wasn't even thinking about the zero. I started seeing in the comments and Instagram like, dang, that is hard, and damn. I'm like, man, I'm gonna just keep carrying it on.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Oh Jesus, this is a playmaker original presenter by Draft Kings Haslam.
Speaker 4: Why are you coming about my whole name?
Speaker 3: Because today we are being professionally. We got a great one in the building.
Speaker 4: We do that, a great one. It's gonna be a good Yeah.
Speaker 3: Buddy, I'm a little bit biased.
Speaker 4: You a lot more biased. But I love when we have young fellas home because you know, I demographic is thirty five and up. So wea it. We get them ThunderCats on the set we got we got to make sure we maxed somebody.
Speaker 3: You feel me, rook a ud. Just give you a little context. Now, seventh pick in the NBA draft was that two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Now, Coke for I was watching watching I saw run it Down.
Speaker 3: Came in there and dominated the SEC at Oklahoma as a little baby Thundercat just turned eighteen.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, missed them days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like forty four years ago. For your coke.
Speaker 4: That's okay. If it was forty four for me, it was forty six for you.
Speaker 3: Gonna be hey, listen, hot take, gonna be the best player in this draft class. How about that? Jeremiah Fears gez bro.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir. I'm gonna open up with the first question. Okay, how was it working out with him busting his as? Because I saw the videos? What's not? Let me finish what was his Was it realistic or was it like dummy defense? And it was kind of easy for you? I understand, like that's the o G and you don't want to be disrespectful.
Speaker 5: It was like work, Yeah, it was, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit of both, a little dummy defense at first. Have to take it easy on mine. Want to put none of my moves that that will make you hear.
Speaker 4: I was, I was, listen, I have a scout reporter. I was, okay, okay, So if I ever have to go, I get paid to defense. I understand what that was.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna just take it easy. I know y'all getting y'all getting to that point. I don't want to that's right.
Speaker 3: Take listen, I already I had one one mind one thing in my mind the whole time was I didn't want to roll up in the draft in the green room on one of them scooters. I was playing a little hands on Harry defense.
Speaker 4: I've been on one of them scooters before.
Speaker 3: I teach offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you offense, you do, but you can't win with our defense.
Speaker 3: That what you keep saying.
Speaker 4: It's the truth. And most young and especially with the Pelicans, he's gonna have to play some defense.
Speaker 3: You know that Green, Willy Green.
Speaker 4: You know they got to play some defense over there.
Speaker 3: Will wait from my hold up, hold up, before we get going on this, guess who is his summer league?
Speaker 4: Coaches, don't don't say, bru.
Speaker 3: You can't get away from you now.
Speaker 4: So listen, I need to understand because it's so much going on for you kids out nowadays. You have the NL, you have different opportunities. Jumping the porter afterwards, wow Wow.
Speaker 1: It was just an overall great experience. The coaching coaching staff was great. They reached out and they just feel like they had the best interest for me, and they told me they was gonna come in let me basically give me opportunity to kind of show what I'm capable of.
Speaker 5: So I feel like it was a great.
Speaker 1: Decision for me, And as soon as they told me that, I kind of committed on the spot.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounded like me when I went to the floor.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, you do you really smart? Kind of o G gangster move on their part to dominate the euybl was supposed to senior in high school. He's like, nah, talk about that.
Speaker 4: Now we get okay, now we're getting down to he ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna sen no, no, no, nobody, no no. That's why he's That's why so talk about that though, because I think it's important people see like you went and play the uy b al and it's like, yo, dad, I'm out to talk about that for a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y B was It was great Nike, it was. It was a great over experience.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it was time for me to move up to a higher level just for my body. I just doing everything I can't basically get my body ready for the next level. And I feel like the high school didn't have the tools you need. So I feel like reclassing that was definitely gonna help.
Speaker 4: Me the game in college as well. You understand your time time it was you know what, highn't really give me what y'all just stay right there.
Speaker 5: We had the tools in high school.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I know that college for sure, they gonna they got people coming from the NBA every single year coming down just trying to help us to get to that that NBA level. So Oklahoma, they told me they got NBA coaching staff, NBA personally in the weight room as well.
Speaker 5: So once they told me that I committed, I got there.
Speaker 1: As soon as I got there, I tapped into the weight room, and I mean he helped me a lot. Just from when I first got there to when I left. My body already looks a lot different.
Speaker 4: So I'm fascinated by this. So no, no senior, no basketball for your high school senior.
Speaker 3: Just what is none of them was a junior coming up to be a senior and just said I'm a reclassing. Okay, So he didn't go to senior he went to college. So he went to what it was supposed to be a senior in college.
Speaker 4: Up, yes, okay, so that he didn't have to do a senior year. Yes, and he was able to go straight to guess, so it was a junior in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a.
Speaker 4: Senior of high school in college in the freshman year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and guess what he did at SEC.
Speaker 4: By the way, get people at home, the best conference by far far. It comes to basketball and football for show. Might want to throw baseball in that. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: No, no, we yeah, baseball too, yeah, every every yeah, baseball.
Speaker 3: This is a legit. But he goes so yeah. So basically senior high school, decides to go to Oklahoma, goes out there, then average about seventeen to have eighteen points a game, leads Oklahoma to the tournament which had been in a hot minute.
Speaker 5: It was about good four years.
Speaker 4: Was that a family decision? Like? Did you have to? Because I couldn't walk. I couldn't tell him. You know what, Mama, I'm just gonna pass on my senior year. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 3: I got you, I see you.
Speaker 4: Conversation. I'll be bad conversation. You know, I'm just gonna pass on this right now.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: It was it was definitely crazy. I told my mom and she was she a fit.
Speaker 5: I remember she was angry. She like, Jamia, are you sure you wouldn't do this? Like my yes? And then my dad was he was on board.
Speaker 1: I was always Yeah, he was always on he was on board whatever. I told me, like, come on, let's do it. And my mom was like, now, I kind of want you to go to Prime. I want you to enjoy a senior year out there. Still do what you do. Just have fun and joy senior year. I'm like, Manna, I want to go to college. So I just really had to convince her. Once I convinced her, it was it was good from there. And then I kind of had to finish up some school work in the summer. I ended up finishing right before we had to come back. It was around August, so I missed the whole summer workouts for Oklahoma, and then I ended up coming right before school started.
Speaker 4: I watched a game yesterday too, By the way.
Speaker 5: Man, it was a good game, had a good game.
Speaker 4: I watched the game. I don't know why they go under and picking rolls on you man.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Yeah, they're gonna have to stop.
Speaker 4: That was going the God damn, why was you going?
Speaker 5: Hey, coach, gonna be mad.
Speaker 4: But I love your patience, decision making was good. I love all that you the real one I watched. I watched the game.
Speaker 3: It'll be a cold blood killing too, for sure.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: I know Mom had hesitance, was a little hesitant at the beginning. But on draft now you could see how proud she was. Bro Like, that's one thing on this side of the field, be on the aging side of and the sacrifices the parents make, and the fact that he had the balls to reclass and do what he did. But on on draft night, Mama was I mean, dad was nervous to but Mama was super proud.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: It was also she was excited, but like you said, she was nervous.
Speaker 1: Uh, after they call my name, she was just she wanted to cry, but she kind of knew the cameras was on her, so she like kind of head it in a little bit.
Speaker 5: And then to have the party, she ended up like finally let the tears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after the party the tears.
Speaker 4: So is it safe to say your mama's boy, It's okay.
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit of both, Yeah, yeah, a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say I'm too much of mama's boy. I'm a dad boy as well.
Speaker 5: So fifty fifty attitude.
Speaker 4: Attitude.
Speaker 5: Now, my dad notionaliant, so I get a little bit of that from him.
Speaker 3: Coach, I'm gonna tell you that was funny, man, And you do you really appreciate this? And I feel like I'm interviewing you right now. But young fella here is like the nicest dude, the humble dude right now on that court. Here be an asshole now, yeah, as he should be. No here asshole friends. Yeah, if I give you one.
Speaker 4: Piece of advice, don't help nobody up. If he fall on the ground, let his ask it up or let his team help him up. No, don't be helping. No, you're not out there for that. After the game we could just shake hands and talk. Man, I'm not out here to be helping you up. Guess what, every time he follow you got to get up. That take energy. That's my for forty eight minutes. If you got to have to get up fifteen times, why would you help him up? I slapped you. Go over to help somebody up, I help him up get up on his own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'a colpeeding you. You don't want to be helping the opposing team.
Speaker 4: Keep that.
Speaker 3: Don't lose, thatshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you lose, you lose that, you lose.
Speaker 3: It gets it gets me going to washing asshole.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you a question being on the other side as an agent, when you're sitting in that green room or whatever that situation, because I ain't never been there, undrafted, by the way, undrafted, I ain't never been in the green room. Know what, Like Mike can tell me about it.
Speaker 3: We will, We'll tell you about it. We'll actually tell you about it that after you asked this question.
Speaker 4: So, when you're sitting in that green room with him, you're getting phone call from different players, You're getting phone calls from different organizations. When you finally get to call that the organization is gonna pick your player, you tell them right away. Yeah, okay, I didn't know. I thought you might wait for.
Speaker 3: What happened. What happens though, is like literally and when you're in the green room you wouldn't know this because you were undrafted.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: What happened. What happens that those cameras come over there on the table and they tell the story before we even know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before y'all even know, the cameras has already told us. Then you get the call exactly right, then you tell cool. So if he didn't tell you that, if you ain't getting call about three more picks his ass. You ain't get that called a bureau job to do. It's like you got a job to do. He can't sell you if you don't get buckets, and that can't do nothing for you if he ain't doing his job and you can't get paid. I'm telling nothing as an agent. Tell this, no, let me tell something's agent. A lot of agents like to give us advice, but they work for you.
Speaker 3: Well what I already told them now.
Speaker 4: I ain't just like to give us advice because we players. Yeah, just know that. That's what makes me. They work for you.
Speaker 5: Keep in the back of my head, tell.
Speaker 4: Me I get it you by agent, you're an advisor for me, know what I'm saying. But you always remember that with your agent you're dead ass, right though. Yeah, it's true. A lot of young fellas you come into this situation eighteen nineteen years old. You signed with a forty five year white man. It's something like that. No, no disrespect, I am a forty five You signed forty five your wife, But all of a sudden he starts telling you how to do this and that and the third. At the end of the day, like I get it. Some of these things are good. But some of these things you need to learn on your own. Some of these steps you need to take on your own. You need to fall, you need to get up, you need to understand.
Speaker 3: I disagree a little at though.
Speaker 4: No, listen, some of these things you do need to learn on your own.
Speaker 3: No, you do. But but at the end of the day, what you got to interview hearing a second. But what you gotta do is you gotta take experiences from people that have lived it too, right, Like, that's that's what makes my situation over here being a little bit different. Yes, I'm the same way, I'm for you at the same time, my responsibility and role. One of the things that I think you guys saw value is the fact that I lived it. So the stuff is like, at the end of the day, I'm with you the other forty five year olda man. Yeah, I wouldn't liten to either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, anyway, let's go back to this.
Speaker 3: So we talked about how mom and dad were and how excited they were on draft night. But you need just a little backstory. He came. I met him a couple of years ago, coming to summer leagues and watching summer leagues, and so just talk about like he was so locked in even as a well he's such a young kid now, but like fifteen sixteen years old, he's watching He's like, yo, I can't wait to be out there. That's whereas mine was. Then, talk about all that stuff that kind of went into between summer league going and playing a zy compass, skipping your senior year, and then excitement for you because you put I mean, obviously family and everyone's sacrifices, but you put a lot of stuff into this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You're a grinder and a worker.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Talk about the kind of the enjoyment of hearing your name called on draft night with all that stuff going into it.
Speaker 1: And it was crazy, definitely one of those things you'll never forget, just in all the kind of hard work you put in and all the workouts, all the early mornings or the late nights, all the phone calls, the checking the latest rankings and stuff like that. It's like it was crazy. So hearing your name called is something that you will never forget, and it's something that will kind of motivate you to like keep going, like it's only the beginning and you don't want to just get there and then the next two years you out of there. So just continue to keep putting in and work. Listening to the people that's been doing it for a long time still, guys like Brian and them playing so obviously going to play against them, and then afterwards probably could ask them a couple of questions like, yeah, what you think I could kind of do better or what you think can kind of helped me in certain situations, And just the overall college and high school high school experience, it was. It was crazy, and then it's getting my senior year. Sometimes I still think back, like, man, I'm supposed to be in college right now, I'm playing.
Speaker 3: A homies to prime you going to the draft?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was definitely crazy, and just trying to live in the moment.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't get to go through this again and you don't get to hear your name called another time. So just enjoying everything and trying to take everything day by day and step by step.
Speaker 3: I think one thing you need is to touch on there like he talked about, which is great awareness to have. Man, it's not about getting there, it's about staying there. Yes, that man over there played twenty years, you know what I mean, like and picking those guys' brains and understanding like what it takes because he and I and I don't know what he can tell you, and I can say the same thing. I've seen a lot of talented walk through that door that locked room us that are drafted really really high, and it took me a week to figure out they ain't gonna be here long. Yeah, But then you'll see another dude that was either undrafted, second round or even lottery picks that come in and you see the professionalism, the habits, routines, like identifying those things early as a vet once you started getting like seven eight years and understand it. After draft night, you see those guys in the next month, after Summer League, they walk through. Within a week, you can tell if they're gonna be here. Yes, yes, So keep that mindset because that's the biggest thing, right It's not about getting there. It's great being the seventh pick, but we got to do now. And I told you this th other day, it's gonna go fast. Every day you prove yourself, you prove yourself to be the seventh pick. Then after you win Rookie of Year, so you're gonna prove yourself while you're a rookie of the Year. Then they're gonna be a big ass contract and you got to prove that. But you got to understand the process is the best part.
Speaker 4: You do touch on that and I love the process and the best part about it because you got to understand you got drafted number seven, and it's always like me, yeah that you didn't get drafted. That's looking for opportunity. I guess after the summer league right now, Yes, the issuer league right now, looking for an opportunity. You know what I'm saying, Just I guess to make his name against a guy like yourself. I guess a guy like Cooper Flagg, I guess all these other guys. It's always a guy like me. So you're not playing against you, your your your opponents, you're playing against yourself. You got to stand it for yourself and you hold yourself to a standard that has nothing to do with nobody else. Before the coach tayl you play like you didn't already tell yourself that ten times. You know what I'm saying. He shouldn't have to tell you nothing. But I think your mentality and you can correct me if I'm wrong, because everything I'm hearing about Mike, I'm listening to what he's saying, and you're beyond your your years mentally. You got mental fortitwo your mentality and everything. Is that a Chicago thing? Because when I look back at the guys that came out of Chicago and the guys that had the opportunity to play with and the guys that I, you know, competed against that's from Chicago, they all had that toughness, that mental toughness. They've had the physical toughness too, but they all had that mental toughness. When I think about d Wade and I think about Bobby Simmons, and we talk about d Rose and we talk about you know, the grandfather over there locking up. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's just a list of Chicago guys and it all got that mental toughness, Like what y'all water, what's in the water in Chicago? I got it. I got that mental toughness. Man.
Speaker 5: I think it's just kind of like Chicago.
Speaker 1: It ain't easy trying to make it out and just continue to keep putting yourself on the right path.
Speaker 5: So I feel like everybody.
Speaker 1: That you just a kind of went through something and they know it's like to be hungry and to be chasing something. So just continue to keep chasing that. And like you said, staying there, that's that's the goal. A lot of people do get there. A lot of talents that people get there and they make mistakes and they out within the next one or two years. So just continue to stay hungry. And man, you just hear something crazy like you was undrafted. It's people coming for you. Yeah, and you got to know they coming for you, So staying in gym, keep working, and then every time you stop on the floor, you got to kill them.
Speaker 4: Like that's what I'm saying. Your fuck, you gotta know what motherfucker. Let me sitting at home and watch your TV shopping and my knife. I see I didn't get drafted. I want my opportunity to gets him, and you got to you got to make sure I ain't you want. Yeah, you might want to pay somebody else you won't jack. You know what I'm saying. After about two picka rolls, you poppas ass, I ain't the one you want. So you just got to know that people are gonna be coming for you. Man, you ain't made it. You think, I mean people outside think you made it. To yourself mentally you ain't you mad nothing. This is just the beginning. I've scratched the circace. You just got to see at the table. Now they got to give you a menu or let you order. You know what I'm saying. But you got your seat at the table. Man, It's cool to be at the table. But I want to just be at the table. And it's just not basketball, it's business in life. I'm just sitting at the table so I can watch you all order. I want to have a say. So when I sit at this table, how go what I can do? I want to dictate the out coming this shit. Being the number seven pick, you're gonna have that opportunity. You're gonna right now. Everything for you, and I know it sound like I'm apreciing, but everything for you is building on your development, getting one percent better. You know what I'm saying. That film room and all that you're going through, don't look at the statue at the end of the night. Please don't worry about your scoring. Don't worry about your scorn because we know you can score the ball. Your fela on the weak side. Are you in your right spots defensively on the weak side? All right? When you come off that pick and roll, all you making the right reads? You damn sure did. When they went under, I saw you make them breathing there, So you got it. Now, next time he's gonna go in there again, you might cross back and twist it. Now, you might get down here and get in the paint and lay it up. Now the next time, if you going there again, you might cross back, twisted, get in the paint and make a play. So all this is just the progression of this that you're gonna face. But right now it's just beginning. Man, it's just beginning. It's gonna be a great rounde for you. I love your mentality. But now you get a chance to go out there and you get a chance to be with Zion, You get a chance to be with you know, Willie Green. You get a chance to be with my guy, Mrph. Just talk about the excitement of being in that organization with the Pelicans.
Speaker 1: Man, it's crazy. A lot of guys reached out as soon as I got drafted. Uh, they text or they called, or they reached out on Instagram. So that kind of made me feel a little bit more comfortable with the situation. And then when I got down there, they all kind of show love and they they was even at the game yesterday. Ose uh, John, Yeah, they was there. So they were just talking to me like, yeah, if you need something, if you need help. I mean, we're all on the same team, so obviously in practice we're gonna battle, we're gonna compete, but once we step out against somebody else's us versus them. So I mean that was super cool to hear them kind of reach out. And as soon as you get drafted, everybody reach out, not only the players, the staff, the GM and everybody.
Speaker 5: They all reached out. So that was that was crazy for me. And then just continuing to know what we're working towards.
Speaker 1: We haven't had really good season in a while, so trying to get us back on the right path, especially as a point guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m LB Baseball presented by Draft Kings. We've got a futures bet out there, UD that looks really really enticing and inviting. I'm just gonna go out on the let me tell you what I'm going with. I know it's not gonna be popular, it's gonna be a popular joy. Oh what a what a cornball's picking?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean the Dodgers are winning.
Speaker 4: There looking at it. Hold on, I'm busy, right, busy, right, but.
Speaker 3: Hold up, Hold up. The Dodgers are winning.
Speaker 4: It because they always win everything.
Speaker 3: So basically those I'm still get low hanging fruit.
Speaker 4: I'm still getting plus two seven. That's low hanging fruit.
Speaker 3: It is low hanging, slow hanging fruit.
Speaker 4: Show hey a tiny Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts. I mean, man, that's low hanging fruit.
Speaker 3: What we're gonna do is we're gonna because I know who you are, I know what you like. I'm gonna ask. I'm gonna ask your producers. All right, dude, you gotta keep going, keep scrolling, that's all right, he scrolling scrolls, all right?
Speaker 4: Who you picking? Goddamn right, it's possible. I don't even understand what. That's too many zeros.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred thousand on it. You put one hundred dollars, you deep, and I want this. You know what I want you to get the receipt. I want you to post it. One hundred dollars. You want a hundred?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something draft if you do it, jeez, go up, go up to the Phillies where the Phillies at Phillies right there. Okay, the Phillies.
Speaker 3: There plus eight fifty. Where the Mets at Mets are plus eight fifty as well.
Speaker 4: Okay they plus a fifty plus eight fifty. We third in the NL east right behind them.
Speaker 3: Two mothers, what you're doing? Did you know that's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling me third in the l east, right behind them, to mother, what you're doing. I'm going with the Marlins.
Speaker 3: I want a receipt. I want to proof of it.
Speaker 4: I can't lose with them. If I lose, I still don't lose.
Speaker 3: That make suspect man a plus one hundred thousand one DraftKings. I want to receive.
Speaker 4: So if I bet one hundred dollars, I make what one hundred thousand? Okay, what if I bet one thousand dollars a million?
Speaker 3: I'm a math thing great on the college.
Speaker 4: I was just taking sure up. Okay, the way I cash ot that, whos gonna pick me my million? Because I'm coming this. I'll come to see you about the raft.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the promo code ogs you finish hit hey. I can't wait to get a percentage you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Hear from me, no more would disappear.
Speaker 3: Bacavillion, Hey Dodgers, Marlins, tune in promo code o GS DraftKings. I will say, this is just a little bit of time I've been able to work with you. You want to learn and get better every day. It's one of the things I really appreciate on this side of stuff. So talk about what it was like. You know, we said you reclassed and went up. What did you learn at Oklahoma that got you ready for this? And what have you learned so far? Just one game in that summer league that's going to help you get better Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Really just going out there.
Speaker 1: And being a sponge. That's what my first day. As soon as I got there, coach told me. He like, yeah, you had the name, you kind of had the stars and stuff like that in high school. But once you get to college again, got pool yourself. You say, everything started as zero. So just trying to learn from him. He took his team to.
Speaker 5: The final four. He had some great point guards.
Speaker 1: He had nobody, like he told me, he had nobody with no stars in their name. But he still has some guards that they kind of once they finished their college career, people knew they were, so just trying to listen, taking every piece of advice he was telling me, and just continuing to ask everybody else around me as well. Some of my teammates. They was twenty four, twenty five.
Speaker 4: So crazy.
Speaker 5: He was game for a minute.
Speaker 1: Just asking them some questions, figuring them out, and just trying to learn as much as I can. Obviously I'm still young, so the more I learned, the more knowledge I'm having.
Speaker 4: The Mama, No, I was just about to say. He got there in new order that was no limits, so he might not even know no limited.
Speaker 3: Now no master p yeah living you you need put me on no living soldiers. I came from South Dakota. No living soldiers are hit when I got to Florida. That's that down south.
Speaker 4: We had traded. Mike was one of us. Here's what us about on this side. Traded him. I gonna take who he traded back. He traded from. Mike been over here for a long time. He won us that beer in that country.
Speaker 5: Accent want us.
Speaker 4: Us? What us?
Speaker 3: I know that anyway, So thank you, no loving soldier, But then talk about those like you played one summer League game and and again you do. What you said to him is where his head's already at, Like, yeah, being seventh, that's cute. He thought he should have been third, second, first, that's where his mentality is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the same thing I said about the undrafted when they see you. Yeah that went six, you see him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: Me and you, mostly me, it's gonna be what are you saying?
Speaker 3: You and me? It's gonna be a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Of me and you and mostly me.
Speaker 3: Your So, talk about game one and what you learned, the pace of it, what it was like, just because like I said, learning every day is the most as you go through this man, learning every day, creating those habits and doing those things. So what did you learn game one?
Speaker 5: Game one?
Speaker 1: It was It reminded me a lot like the kind of SEC Conference, just the way it was freak athletes, the way the pace of the game was going, and everybody could kind of get to it no matter what position they was playing.
Speaker 5: So it was kind of like a positionless game.
Speaker 1: Especially that first game you got the fire, bring the ball to the call and the plays and stuff. So it was definitely reminded me of the SEC. And I know it's gonna be even more more different once you actually play against those vaz lebron Ki stuff like that. So just continuing to keep playing with that same pace, and you got to compete like they're not gonna They're not gonna go out there, They're not gonna baby you. They're not gonna give you anything. Because your age, your name, the stars will pick you up. So go out there, compete, and every game is just proving yourself more and more.
Speaker 4: So I'm trying to tell your damn you said all that because you fellers don't always talk about that. Don't you want to talk about scoring? What about the competition, Because what y'all don't understand is as a young player, probably not gonna get on the floor and just do what you want to do offensive. Yeah, not what you did in college. It's gonna take time to progress to that. Yeah. The way you're gonna stay on that floor early is compete. Defense, being the right spots and your offenses. Obviously you have that, so coaches ain't gonna judge you off. If he made shots tonight, we know he can make shots. You're gonna be able to compete every single be in the right place. Defensity can we hold him accountable. Things like that. So just to hear you say that, just already, let me know you ahead of the game, coach. A lot of times you be blowing smoker. But he was right by, He was right by.
Speaker 3: Here he was, he got that Kyrie, tell you watch what happened. Talk talk to me about the zero fears man zero, his number, zero, his fears. And then when he got drafted in New Orleans, it has the n O fears, no fears.
Speaker 1: Talk about those man they love is zero fear I do. It was just I was I was kind of wearing two all my life. And then I got to college and it was like it was like the rookie deal. Like I was freshman, they like to pick. Yeah, somebody already had too. So I'm like, what numbers I got available? They told me they got zero.
Speaker 5: Six, seven, and eight, and I'm like, I feel like zero just be the best number.
Speaker 1: I don't want those six or seven. So I picked zero and then I kind of was going with the name agent zero first. And as the season went on, the media is crazy, they really creative. I wasn't even thinking.
Speaker 4: About the zero fears.
Speaker 1: I started seeing in the comments and Instagram I'm like, dang, that is hard. And then I'm like, man, I'm gonna just keep carrying it on and everybody love it. See a lot of kids in my Oklahoma Jersey and the maybe just wanting pictures and want this.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's crazy how God works because you go to zero fears and that's literally your personality too. Yeah, like and I mean that, I'm not just saying that because like that's his personality. Man, Like he wants the action and zero fears has turned out to be super super crazy.
Speaker 4: Business. Question's trademarking and trademark.
Speaker 3: Mama, quick that quick.
Speaker 4: That's good, good good, good, good, good good. I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad to hear.
Speaker 3: That got swagged to him to sign up with the Audi dos of three stripes.
Speaker 4: Talk about that, man, talk about why I'm sure everybody was knocking at your door. Yeah, mean probably not that you do it.
Speaker 3: We're talking about right now, just.
Speaker 4: Saying a lot of people not that.
Speaker 3: Man, it was everybody knock on the door. Though it was knocking, It was loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was crazy. It was definitely hard to pick.
Speaker 1: But I just feel like Adidas kind of had the opportunity to the social media, and they didn't really have nobody from my class, and I don't want to go where it was a.
Speaker 5: Lot of us.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go kind of go somewhere where it was gonna be either me just me, or being somebody else.
Speaker 5: And then and Man and Man.
Speaker 1: Two kind of play a part in that, just watching him these last two years. Go out there, Pete, he ain't scared of nobody, and he's gonna try to kill So I signed them with the same brand. I like the potentially getting the gym and work out, and we're gonna play each other as well, So go out there and competias each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that iron sharpers iron I mean being a part of the Adidas family and the fact that a man is a part of that family. And then I look at the way his career has gone. You know, I'm sure you all across paths, but obviously obviously picked his coat tail. I mean, me and me and Mike we're oldest, but a man is going through it right now, and the game has changed a lot. It's a lot we can relate to, and it's a lot we probably can't relate to. Yeah, so the fact that you have opportunity to work with a man and he's a didas and different things like that. Man obviously don't be afraid to put his coat tail for different things like that because he's going through some of the stuff you're gonna go through, you know, being drafted high and playing at a high level and having high expectations and different things like that, and sometimes it's never good enough and all that different. But man Handle, that's great. I love the way you handled. I always got a smile on his face. Always compete at the highest level. You're gonna let me you know, when they step out of the line. You're gonna hold his team. That's accountable. But I mean, I just love the way man handle.
Speaker 3: You want to keep it a butt?
Speaker 4: What's that? Guys?
Speaker 3: That the deals are the best awesome to work with. Man's dope check was awesome too.
Speaker 4: Now already I can imagine bro. I ain't got to ask, listen, fellow, I know you didn't dropped the bag on something. What's gonna drop it? Let's just say listen, ain't gotta tell me everything. Just tell me one of two things you know went out then got yourself.
Speaker 1: Man, I have to give myself a car. This is a dream car. Uh it was a amg Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Gonna understanding making money for two years now?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 4: He didn't know that, did you?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Big Yeah, he's saving all his money, Big Mike May the twenty million in his career, he's gonna die with one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 5: They spending enough.
Speaker 4: Everything he got was set the PSD. That's all gifted. They spending no money. Man, Man, my dog ain't spending. That's good.
Speaker 5: It's good investing in, investing, in the gym, in the store.
Speaker 4: He got gyms, he got everything. He got all that already, he got all that, he got all that. Man, Listen this, I know this later for time. But if you have in Miami, you need something, you just make sure you tap in with me. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Leave them alone.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to take that man outside. Man, I'm gonna take care of your guy. Man, you talking about Listen, all the years I've been in Miami, how many people got paid and their career manifested and I kept the ass out of trouble. You'll be amazed at some of the phone calls I get late night on that I don't know, only and go get your club called rally, don't get your don't call me, call rally, talk about I know my job, not do it well. So yes you can call me, promise.
Speaker 3: So obviously we got more games in the summer league. Yeap. Some leagues over we get on the ground, we keep working. Give me some of your goals for your one where you had that.
Speaker 5: Winning win, winning forty fifty games.
Speaker 1: Really learning my teammates as well, a lot of them gonna be there for a while, so really learning my teammates going out there compete and winning Rooki of the Year.
Speaker 4: I like the the record. What's your what's your mentality? Defensively? You think? What do you think you need to work on defensively?
Speaker 5: Defensively? Probably just continue to have active fans.
Speaker 4: Deflection. We like the fleshing guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Contina have active fans and just keep climbing into the ball and like somebody dribbling the ball, keep pressuring them a couple of times. Yeah, they'll turn it over sometimes, just off the ball, Russell.
Speaker 4: So that's what's up.
Speaker 3: Understanding pick and roll right offensive, you're gonna run pick and roll the league is. And he'll tell you that the league is ninety percent of pick a roll. I guess that means you have to guard them too. And it's all this is physicality, Yeah, physicality, understanding that So I think those are big Those are big things for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. And coming in as a young fellow, they probably gonna put you in every action. They're gonna try to confuse you. You know how to go. Man, you're young, You're gonna try to confuse you. Put your in actions, gets you to make mistakes, gets you to wear down, pick on a little bit man. But that's just all part of the growing pains in this league. You you already got the mentality that you ain't finna back down. So that's the kind of thing I was talking about that you got to go through on your own, you know what I'm saying. And you got you already got that mentality. I ain't worried about that at all. I would listen. I ain't no agent or nothing, but goddamn it, if I was, I would love to be yours, just saying, you see who these friends I break out split it with you, You ain't splitting with me.
Speaker 3: Player in the league, you'd love to learn.
Speaker 5: From I man, Yeah, he's super super skilled.
Speaker 3: Drew the camera, Drew. We don't call you now, all right? You know you know you're my little brother. I'm gonna call you now. We're gonna come down there and see if about a week or two weeks getting a lab.
Speaker 4: With you don't feel like I just named all those Chicago people. Give me your Chicago Mount Rushmore, the Rose, your Chicago Mount Rushmore, Hoopers, d Rose, the Rose.
Speaker 3: De Rose in her four time.
Speaker 4: Cy d Ros d Rose, d Rose, d Rose Rose.
Speaker 5: Probably Benji before you die was nice and then.
Speaker 4: D Rose Benji Wilson.
Speaker 5: Be a d A d Probably I forgot forgot you a d probably a d ad one the championship.
Speaker 4: That's four? Is that four? Yeah? What you got for the fifth? It's five? What's my rush of four? Or five? They have been on nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought it was five. That's a start in five, might be seven. Whatever. The next time you're gonna be on that facts next time I want you on that mother, why not? Why not?
Speaker 3: Long term goals?
Speaker 1: Brother, give them to me, All Star champions money, top two point guard in NBA?
Speaker 3: What else you did give some fans questions.
Speaker 4: Well I did my three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, NBA All Star, NBA Champion, top two point guard.
Speaker 3: I like it. Yeah, I like that too. It's coming.
Speaker 4: I love the championship. You got to act like a champion. Speak that to existence. Yeah, you're only gonna be one. You p one. You want to hear them with the fan question. What we ain't gonna do is ask that them man Coker PEPSI. It doesn't matter. Drink damn. The man is in great shape. Man. Drink water and gatorade. That's it. You're paying them. Don't like dun't contest? Would you ever consider something like that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Who is this from ash ash Tan six?
Speaker 5: I mean I might.
Speaker 1: It depends on who are doing it though. If like it's some really athletic people like joh somebody like that, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: But if it's so they gotta be worth your time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, ain't no people doing it. Ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 4: You gotta be some high flyers.
Speaker 5: Because when you win, you gotta be like, they're gonna be like who in there?
Speaker 3: That'd be like me and you do the three point contest.
Speaker 4: But when people all you got, all you do jump over your broke back ass agent. You jump up your broke back ass agent. You're gonna win. The trophy is yours. The answer is back. You jump over that. You awa the trophy is George dog Man. You can tell the college roommate, no, I love it. That's what dog We go way back. He was the first real gym raight. He talking you. Not everything we're joking, but everything he's telling you. In fact, when I got to college, I just was good at basketball. I was just naturally better. He was the first gym right, I've been around that in the morning and night, sh shooting all the time. He was in the gym. He really about that life. So that's he telling that real because I had I saw my own eyes. That's doing South of Koche. So that lived in the gym. When I got to college, I had to get my together. I was like this realized gym right, Like I'm a fake gym rack. Yeah, I ain't no real gym raight. I was in the streets. I just happened to be a player little basketball, you know what I'm saying. But when I got to college, like, he was a real gym rat bro. And that when for one thing that you can let ha on a lot to you stay your glass in that gym. We was going to the club and I thought he was crazy. He was going to the gym.
Speaker 3: That's why you went what with five cod five?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So that's that's real. He talking that he about that life. He really about that life.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying about speaking about going five? Draft process? Giving your What's I say to you at heat Cast Brazil at He's Cast Brazil. Draft process go for you? The draft? How the draft?
Speaker 4: Did the draft process go for you? What mindset entering this phase of your your life? Basically, I mean I think we already asked the man. I mean, we don't ask the man how many times he gonna kill me? That's what he said before kill all that facts. That's it, as simple as that. You line up in front of him, brain that you say, I got tired to be bed friends. We ain't helping nobody out right, ain't helping nobody up, and we got zero fears. That's what That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Talk about this what are people surprised to learn about your different interest music? Movies, games?
Speaker 4: We know this gamer? They generation enough gamer bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely say that video game and then probably music.
Speaker 4: Who you're listening to.
Speaker 5: I listened. I listened to that right way.
Speaker 3: Man Florida though, shout out right way. He on that Justin Bieber, he is little Justin Bieber's puting a banger bro put out today.
Speaker 5: I ain't heard not like way crazy.
Speaker 4: My kids love shout right away floor.
Speaker 5: Way yeah on that, that's good.
Speaker 1: You know everybody now they don't. I don't know why they be hating on him. He just he nice stuff.
Speaker 4: I had to understand it first, because I was like, is this R and B a rap? That's what that was. I had to understand what a little bit.
Speaker 5: He do a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: I say, Daddy, don't matter's good music? I said, you know what's not? You right good music?
Speaker 3: I don't care if he bumped the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Road wave little Papa little him now, no, little Papa, Papa fire a little little pop up from little Papa, like the Florida rounds.
Speaker 4: Don't you daddy, No you d man, but that's dope Florida round.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little Papa raid wave, little Dirt, I know, little Dirt and everyone a little huh and then hero, Yeah, everybody got.
Speaker 3: The last one, Chicago.
Speaker 4: What's the last one?
Speaker 1: You said, Gearbo, little Dirt, little Baby, little Papa.
Speaker 4: Baby, little Papa. I don't know him, but I know a little baby. I know g Herbro, I know little Dirt, I know all them. Yeah, Killer, little Papa getting I'm gonna check him out. Yeah, Florida round.
Speaker 3: He Killer before we let him go. Give some o g advice, Man, give you advice. I think you already gave it to him most time to listen podcast.
Speaker 4: Give it at the end of the day, man, like you got the right mindset. I mean, if I could tell you anything outside of what we talked about earlier, is keep good people around you know what I'm saying. That's what I will focus on. You know what I'm saying, Keep good people around you becauset the end of the day, it's gonna get crazy. Sure, you know what I'm saying. So just make sure you got to write people on your corner right, people in your circle, family, friends and all that like that. You know what I'm saying. Make sure that everything is solid because you're not gonna be able to control the NBA season. It's gonna be so many ups and downs. You want to have a solid foundation, you know what I'm saying. That's part of the reason why I was able to stay in Miami so long because all the stuff I was going to, I still found peace and just being able to spend time with my family. You know what I'm saying. My mom's different things like that, and I know you're moving away from your family, but still just having that solid foundation.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So you're in the NBA right now, and I'm sure you've had a great life and all that. You don't really need no new for me. You probably got enough of your life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: The people that's gonna come into your life, man, they're gonna be a liability.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Man, I tell people at this point in my life, Man, you either asset a liability, you pick and choose, but just understand, if you become one or the other you.
Speaker 3: Ask gotta go your a liability, You're gone.
Speaker 4: So just understand that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Just keep good people around your dog and you'll be fine. You got a good agent, man, you got the right mindset. Keep good people around you. Understand that. You know what I'm saying. You might play games on Sundays, but I've been in the lead long enough to know y'all got chapel takes the chapel too. Man, sit down and pray every now and then before the game about five minutes. I don't understand. You can get your game playing ready.
Speaker 3: But when that man, by the way, one of the most peaceful places I've ever been with chap before game.
Speaker 4: Man ain't never been a chapel of to day, and he's like, I ain't never seen him.
Speaker 3: I was in there every day we met with you. Food. You miss the white guy anyway, but I will I will say this and and and because of what you said, all your goals, and I mean I mean this because and I've been fortunate enough to be a part of this journey a little bit with you and your family. Everything is there for you, the stuff that you set, the goals you want. If you keep the main thing, the main thing, your talent will win. It's the people that get distracted by they get up. And so if you keep the main thing the main thing, bro, all those things you said Rookie of the Year, that's there for you. Uh you know, all star, but I know for a factors there because I've seen your talent levels. So just keeping the main thing the main thing, keeping your corner tight. If you do those things, and basketball is always first and beside side of the family in your life. Man, sky's the limit for you, Broan. It's gonna be so much fun to watch. We appreciate you coming on, O g to.
Speaker 4: For never seen the coach have a problem with the hardest work. You never said that, wide receiver said, like, you know what, You're right, I never seen a coach have a problem with the hardest work. Simple as that. Simplify that when you having a long day, just ain't making sense. Just work your ass off. That's it, young fella. Was probably you. Man, I'm looking for washing, sir, I'm looking forward to watching. I'm on this other side now, so I ain't got to compete and people like me now. And I had to compete against people I was an asshole and nobody liked me. Like I told you before, I wasn't trying to make no friends. I love it. Yeah, you was on my team, but if you wouldn't. But remember what happened when you tried to dunk on me in college. What you tried to dunk him up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was when I first met him, by the way, that was the day two and what.
Speaker 4: I looked at you and said, no dumping.
Speaker 3: Hold, So I almost died. That's story. We're on second well, on second day, and I turned the corner. I'm I'm gonna punch on this. I jump up there.
Speaker 4: He don't seventy five, so I couldn't jump.
Speaker 3: I was big, doesn't doesn't go for the block neither. No, no, no, no block, no.
Speaker 4: Like like this.
Speaker 3: I look up here, he looked out.
Speaker 4: No dumping, bro, I.
Speaker 3: Said, God, I said, they gotta be about to be crazy here for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, so just understand all that. Man. I'm looking forward to watch you, bro. I on this side of things, man, I enjoyed the game of basketball. I work with the heat. But I'm a fan of yours.
Speaker 3: After the day, dog man, and thanks for hey, thanks for bringing some young talent to the O G Show.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir found us out there on the right wave and video game.
Speaker 3: All them young little girls get be tuning in.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, set you up.
Speaker 3: So no, hey man, oh gus, I appreciate it, yo, yo.
Speaker 2: No, My mama, mam.
Speaker 5: Ma, mam
Speaker 1: Ma,