Speaker 1: It's nine OGE.
Speaker 2: With Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, we're here. It is OMG time. It's OEMG time. Oh we should have shots and be like it's OMG time, it's OMG time. What time is it? OMG time? Sling it back.
Speaker 2: I don't want to shot.
Speaker 3: After this episode? You don't want to shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Fine, good point, good point. Oh my gosh, you guys, last week we told you that this week's episode was called The Dreams of Dylan McKay and uh, we were lying quite literally the dreams Dylan?
Speaker 5: What to say? I don't even know what to say. Were you, guys?
Speaker 2: Is like thrown by the different show you were watching?
Speaker 5: One thousand percent? Do you want to know what threw me the most?
Speaker 2: What? There's so many things, but Jenny, I know, you know, hold on? Was it the nursing staff at all?
Speaker 5: Did I get it right? The doctors?
Speaker 2: Like I was like, I thought, Emma, is this part a dream? I was like, is this actually a dream where these people are nurses and doctors? Because they're not acting like nurses and nurses.
Speaker 3: It was like to to Day's son. I was sorry that was like a Billy Madison reference.
Speaker 2: These folk so slow, I was like, and so.
Speaker 3: Happy, and I'm like, this guy's dying, he's in a coma.
Speaker 2: Wait, nobody seemed worried.
Speaker 5: Nobody seemed worried.
Speaker 2: Give it at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Tori, I honestly thought your dad was trying to do a spin off like a Dynasty anatomy with the with the doctors that obviously were lovers.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Wait? Wait, wait, let's go back. Let's tell people what's happening. We have so much to talk about, so let's get into it. Season five, Episode ten, The Dreams of Dylan McKay aired No. November nine, November ninth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Synopsis synopsis. Dylan's come a launches a series of scary dreams where he's haunted by swindlers Suzanne and Kevin. Meanwhile, he fights for his life and for his little sister Erica. Oo. That got creepy and at some point okay uh, Donna and Dylan kiss for the first time. Valerie calls Kelly out on her love for Dylan, and Steve sees Dylan's demise as an opportunity to take over the beach.
Speaker 2: Bit, directed by Scott powlland written by Charles Rosen. I really thought we were done with the Rush and the Steve storyline of them being like competitive, and I thought that was over. And then all I saw were green outfits. It was either you were in this horrible hospital world. Okay, you were inside Dylan's head, which was somewhat enjoyable, or you were watching people in green outfits run around.
Speaker 3: Most of the time though inside Dylan's mouth with every single woman on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't get to that part yet. I need to warm up.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie full transparency. I fast forwarded through the football, the Rush, all of it. I'm sorry I didn't watch.
Speaker 2: I guarantee both of you.
Speaker 5: I can guarantee both of you if either of you were in a car accident and in a coma in the hospital, I'm not going to be playing flag football. I see.
Speaker 2: I knew that about you, Amy, You're a good friend, Brandon Steve. I don't how can they be playing football?
Speaker 5: Go on?
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous, but they did.
Speaker 2: They said Dylan's on life support. He's in ic you and he's on life support, which he wasn't. He wasn't either of those. That's not how I see you works at all.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: There's no visitors in an icee you I trust me a lot of time in would.
Speaker 5: And there's no he had no he was breathing on his own, which they said, they said, he's one of you goes. He's on life support while the doctor says he's breathing on his own. And I'm like, where's the medical consultant?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't like how Andrea was like first she was like Dylan totld his car, like she was judging him, and then she's like, and he's on life support or he's in the ICU whatever she said.
Speaker 5: That's I was like, who directed this? Because y'all are way too jovial or mad?
Speaker 3: Like plan who actually put himself in it?
Speaker 2: As well?
Speaker 5: He's got a part?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: I feel like you're right?
Speaker 3: What he was the minister at the wedding, minister.
Speaker 2: At the wedding not on our list here, but yes, this whole it starts out so bizarre. I mean to back to our point originally, what show? Oh are we watching? Am I watching? Like the New Gray's anatomy or missus Tea's there. Everybody. Everybody came out of the woodwork, which was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Which means this was, you guys, a really expensive episode. They had to pay all of those game stars this, Oh, I don't know, my favorite thing. And Jen, I don't know, was this a turn on for you? Just asking for a friend? When Jim wallsh is carving that turkey and there's snakes, leathern thread and his little thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no, that was not a turn on for me.
Speaker 3: If he had been in suspenders with a hairy chest carving up the turkey would.
Speaker 2: Have been maybe just take out the snake part perfect. Okay.
Speaker 5: My thing is this episode could have been done amazing what and it wasn't Like, oh, it could have been amazing and dramatic and all of you at the hospital and still with the dreams. Why but it was like it was just so weird exactly.
Speaker 3: It was like such a David Lynch move, like it was like, yes, funny, it was just I don't know. It was Chuck Rosen was living his best life here. He was like, can we just go for it? And everyone's like sure, hands off, and he's like oh, he's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, is this film noir?
Speaker 5: Which I don't know what film noir is? But is this it?
Speaker 2: This wasn't it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure?
Speaker 3: But you guys, this is what nineteen ninety four like pretty sure nothing had been done in nineteen ninety four on TV where you take a dramatic teen series and literally turn it upside down. I mean, not only was it crazy weird had comedy though, it was like yeah, I mean it has some pretty Baby moments with Erica's Brookshields, like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Seriously was she was she on her knees on the train track or was that her?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I'm talking about in the pool hall and she's and here's the next one we're bringing to you, and she's wearing the hat, which I had pretty sure, Well that's from Pretty Baby.
Speaker 2: Well a I wrong. I don't know. It made me get blossom. I was getting blossom blossom vibes.
Speaker 5: I was just polter guys, like they're looking up, you guys, looking up.
Speaker 3: The fashion was next level this episode, Like they stepped it up in every single way, like Jack McKay in the cut off, like gloves, the wedding dresses. Sorry, I digress. Okay, go back, but you guys, whoa. I have never been more excited in my life. I'm sorry, I'm talking to us.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you liked this episode, obsessed.
Speaker 3: I might actually watch the show now except for this, except for this story line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was wrong, was I? I?
Speaker 5: Like you, Jenny thought the whole thing was a dream. Like it was a dream and a dream like why were they playing football? Why were the doctors like that? First of all, terrible doctors and so caddy with each other, and then the one doctor says, even if she's a resident, we need this medicine, and then like the head nurses like we're not doing that?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, that was so weird, the way they were talking to each other and the way they were having that nose to nose fight in front of Kelly and Brandon in the hallway. They were staring at each other like like this the doctor who has a chip on his shoulder about what. I don't know. He's somebody else in love with the patient.
Speaker 3: He went on to be somebody the nerve.
Speaker 5: I think she was the resident with the patient, but how did that happen so quickly? But she was also in love with the other doctor. But yet I think this was my backstory. The takeaway you guys had this episode is wreck. The two doctors that were fighting, I think they were previously lovers and then they broke up, So now there they had to have been.
Speaker 2: But like any of us care, apparently you cared and you might be the only person.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to see who would get in Dylan's mouth next. I'm sorry, what good kiss kissing?
Speaker 2: Kissing? It was kiss The kissing scene is beyond it's it's like, it's like my worst nightmare. Like that was not a dream. That was a nightmare. Which part which kiss? All the kisses? There was no one that he didn't kiss except Carol Potter, Andrea and Andrea Zuckerman. Oh my gosh, Carol, why was he kissing?
Speaker 5: So happy?
Speaker 2: If he kissed her? Oh I wish that had been in there. And what was okay? You warned me about the pool table. You didn't tell me what was going to happen. But a few maybe last week or the week before, you said that the pool table was coming back. Yes, that was a set that they built for just that scene. They didn't okay, but you gave him the tongue immediately.
Speaker 3: I was playing a character. I was playing the opposite of Donna Martin, which is everyone. I was playing the whore, not the first.
Speaker 2: Of all the kisses. So that was nobody else. I saw no other tongueage except you. So you had your You were getting your moment, and you're getting the most of it too. You're kidding for my butt?
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, No, he kissed me on my eighteenth birthday in real life but different. But I'm just saying I yeah, I mean it was Donna's moment to like step it up and be like the whore that she isn't because she's a good She's just the juxtaposition, like the opposite. But of course I'm kissing with Perry like.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 5: That part that was it was sexy.
Speaker 3: But what who who didn't put their tongue in his mouth?
Speaker 2: Anybody else?
Speaker 5: Why did Claire? I don't even know if they really even know each other? Good?
Speaker 3: Why I was there for it? It didn't matter. I wanted everyone to kiss him.
Speaker 2: Why just because if.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go there, go big or go home, like we're going for it. Okay, bring them all in, let's do a circle. I wanted to make out with missus Teasley. I didn't care.
Speaker 2: There was the scene where he was making out with everybody back to back. I was like, okay, everybody's going to get some sort of herpies. Everybody's going to be getting sick eventually.
Speaker 5: It was COVID back.
Speaker 3: Then, like yeah, we all would have, we all were. That was the most incestual we ever.
Speaker 2: And gross, like I don't want to be out somebody, like I don't want to slabber in someone's mouth that that somebody else just slabbered in their like ew, well, it's okay.
Speaker 3: You went first, and then Tiffany went sevennds, so don't worry.
Speaker 5: There was so much valerie in this Oh it was so good. Was good.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm not gonna lie like there was it was even so good. And I was so into watching this hotness that like the scene with his father they were so close. I was like, I'm okay if they make out right now, Oh my god, Okay, that.
Speaker 5: Was actually sort of a good scene that was that was sort of it was sexual.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was not sexual in this episode.
Speaker 5: Probably before that, the scene with him and his dad was not sexual.
Speaker 2: I felt like, oh, so heart strings Pully because he want you know, he doesn't have a dad anymore, and he had just started to connect with his dad on those levels of oh, something's happening, okay, but I just felt like, poor baby, he really needs that dad.
Speaker 5: Some people, I think, think I don't want to ruin anything. But some people he really was in the think that he was in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the at the end, because as he said, I thought I was dreaming or whatever. But Iris says, no, this is real. And then she leaves the room and then they see the dead But that wasn't real. How could you're saying in that scene? People think that was the real dad alive? Some people there's some theories. How did he like be in one second and not in the next. How do you get out of the room.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's all good questions. I don't I personally believe that it was sort of Dylan was in a half dream state at that point. That's what I personally believe.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the eyeball rolling?
Speaker 3: And I wasn't on board with that. I'm sorry, and he was such a great actor, but but that was intense and it was does that happen I mean, maybe that's.
Speaker 5: What I wanted to know, is it is that what it looks like, even if it.
Speaker 3: Does happen, it's TV, maybe a little bit less. I don't know. That kind of didn't look good.
Speaker 2: It was it pulled me out. Yep, yeah, I just it was really bothered me that he wasn't on life support and that people were coming in and out of his room and being neat Kelly's Kelly calls him a bastard, which is not a word a girl her age would ever say. That's nothing. That's not the name you would call someone. What would you say, dick? Yeah I or I hate you so much? Or yeah yeah?
Speaker 5: And we go back to the very beginning of this episode. Yes, we're like out in the Hollywood Hills or wherever we were, and we get the stretcher and they're like, there's drugs that could have been a suicide attempt. What a waste of a life?
Speaker 3: Like pieces he picked up and sniffed.
Speaker 2: And sniffed, Hey, you're not supposed to touch evidence.
Speaker 3: Why would you sniff it? And then he says, oh, come on, why would a little bit? He was like, God, I hope there's something left here.
Speaker 5: I have just a job, like okay, So I don't know. I guess if you're the fire person talking to dispatch or whatever, they don't give commentary. What a wasteful life. But I don't think they did that.
Speaker 3: We don't think they do.
Speaker 5: Did anybody else think they thought they maybe saw Eric lassal from Er When you guys went into the hospital, At first, I was like, oh my god, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Like also in transport he was bleeding, bloodied up, as he should have been. But then when you see him coming down the hallway in the hospital, no blood and that shirt was way cut. That was that? That shirt was done.
Speaker 5: What about when he gets up in the dream and the hospital gowns open in the back and he's got like the boxers on.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice the boxes. I noticed he had hospital pants, pants running down, which I like, I've never seen hospital pain.
Speaker 5: I thought I saw boxers.
Speaker 2: They were almost like hospital joggers. What were they? They took me out of it.
Speaker 3: I looked down at the ankles to see if it like gathered. I was confused.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that because usually your flap is open and everybody's seeing your butt everywhere. Those you know that would.
Speaker 3: Have made That would have been the cherry on top of my sunday for this episode.
Speaker 2: Literally, then we go to the.
Speaker 5: Football and I will say, Jason Priestley is a fast run.
Speaker 1: It's fast, really fast guy.
Speaker 5: Right. Yeah, I thought the same thing too. Look at him, go, look at it, look at him go.
Speaker 2: But I also when I was watching Steve and Brandon run, I was thinking in my mind what that would look like today if Jason and Iron were to play flag football today and have to run like that. I mean, it wouldn't look that. It would look different, it would it would look significantly different. Maybe they're fast still, I can't imagine it.
Speaker 5: But then we had this weird David Claire like women's like advocacy. I would call it women's lib back in the day, Like it was a whole thing that I was like, like.
Speaker 3: Was that a spelling thing or a fox thing? That they were like, sorry, no matter what, we'll let you go there, but you gotta have a B and C storyline.
Speaker 2: I wasn't listening. They said. I really enjoyed in smoke a lipstick though.
Speaker 5: And what about the argyle sweater.
Speaker 2: I also liked that that lipsticks well real pretty on her, but I was like, what's Yeah? And like I said before, like I feel like we already had the resolution to this storyline with Rush and Steve being competitive or feeling like he's good enough for his.
Speaker 5: Dad in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're just back at it with a different sport.
Speaker 5: M hmm it. And the Walsh is making sandwiches and criticizing Valeries smoking and Cindy's okay with her smoking and getting emphysema. I was like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: I didn't like that at all. And then Velle she just comes in and lays it on so thick like her.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I was looking at her perky boob. Sorry what scene?
Speaker 2: She just lays it on so thick, and it's so obvious that it's like fake.
Speaker 5: She's Eddie Haskily. You don't remember.
Speaker 3: It's a good reference.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's so Eddie Haskell. Like, oh, I only started smoking and my father passed away and I'm never going to smoke again. Missus Walls like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they hate her. They're not fans, like they wow.
Speaker 2: They they are taking her on like she's like a puppy, a project, but not giving her any real love or no them it's not them that's confusing.
Speaker 3: Like they love on all the friends, but this is like a totally relative. It's confusing.
Speaker 5: She's like, she's not a blood relative though she's the best, She's not. No, she's their family, best friend's daughter, and it's cinderelative. It's okay of her and Brandon hookup to me. They treat her like the evil stepmother treated Cinderella, like they're really me smart. Yeah, that was a choice, writers. I mean, I don't know, can we can?
Speaker 2: We can we just get to the wedding dresses? Though, Wait but first, wait? First, well first when.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry she do fashion last?
Speaker 5: I don't know, No, I just am trying to a little bit go in order because there's so much unpacked. The Mustang drives up with you, Jenny, Kelly, and Brandon and Steve in the back, and I felt that nobody was buckled properly. Steve was literally sideways in the back of the convertible, musting.
Speaker 2: That in the beginning of the show in the nineties, that wasn't important to the to the network that we wear see felt. But something happened along our journey where that changed and you had to have your seatbelt on it whenever you were in a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and then they go inside and this is where Nat and Andrea reveal he's on life support. And I wrote, I'm not a doctor, but I don't think he was on life support.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not a doctor either, but I'm pretty sure you.
Speaker 3: Play one on a podcast and you just didn't.
Speaker 2: You're right, Oxygen in the nose does not signify life support.
Speaker 3: No, But when you just fact check that, it's not just easy.
Speaker 2: It's just like a I don't know. Maybe they didn't they didn't want anything covering his face or something.
Speaker 5: They definitely didn't have a proper medical consultant because the doctors were acting insane, the nurses were insane.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter. It was a dream. Well some of it was, yeah.
Speaker 5: But allegedly the doctors and the nurses were real. I still was convinced that was all a dream because it was crazy. And then you all are just acting so weird, like, I'm sorry, but you just would never act that way.
Speaker 2: Dona didn't even come to the hospital.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Like you all would be at the hospital having like a vigil. People would be starting a meal train. There would be a good fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 5: Okay. So then we get to the dream of Thanksgiving and the snakes.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, were you gonna like what? Nope?
Speaker 3: You know, but you guys know I like this stuff, Like I like creepy, I like dark, Like this was my jam.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, okay, keep going.
Speaker 5: Then I have a huge flag when he compares we just lost Josh three weeks ago or whatever it was, and it was like, not to be an ass, but you're comparing Josh Strickland to your best friend. They were you all were ready to just let him die. You're like, I don't know, he might die. I'm not sure, Like that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's so true. It didn't track.
Speaker 3: Wait, you guys, I know he was somebody because obviously they kept coming back to him, the homeless veteran.
Speaker 2: Who who was he?
Speaker 3: The beggar Robert David Hall. He had to have been a character on the show. Was I remember who?
Speaker 2: What character was Robert David Hall?
Speaker 5: He was the I thought he was the guy they all brought home or something for Thanksgiving. This guy, Robert David Hall was definitely in an episode before this.
Speaker 3: It was everyone else played a different character, so it had obviously he was somebody, but I don't remember who.
Speaker 2: I couldn't remember that one pornstash was coming in hand for all the different get ups, though, I really felt like it was working better for me in the dream sequences, I have what's his name? What's his name?
Speaker 5: Which one? Kevin?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh oh, I thought you meant.
Speaker 5: And also it was a lot of Kevin and Susannah.
Speaker 2: I was just like, who's that?
Speaker 5: Robert David was in mister meeting mister Pony. He was, It says he was the teacher. So I'm very care why he was. I don't I'm so confused. Why am I blanking on this meeting mister pony.
Speaker 2: Out of all the actors, out of all Brenda?
Speaker 5: Oh, Brenda is held up at gunpoint by an armed robber during I remember that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's dreaming about I mean yeah, I really felt like he would be dreaming about Brenda, like I was missing Brenda in his dreams.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: And it happened at this point, so I know. But I wanted what did you want?
Speaker 5: But we had a real a miracle, we had a real revelation from Valerie. I want to be Brenda.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop it no. That that with the That's the Wedding Dress dream where first it's Kelly and then it turns into Brenda and then they do an extreme close up on her lips. She was like, wait, wad she say? I want to be?
Speaker 3: It didn't matter what she said. I was looking at Cupid's bow and she was to be.
Speaker 2: I want to be your wife. I'm Brenda. Like it was like.
Speaker 3: Suddenly she goes, I'll be Brenda or Anne?
Speaker 5: And why would missus Teesley be awful? Like that didn't even track either, Like Missus Teley was just rand that you guys, it's.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be random bothered me as much because even though Missus Teasley was being bad, she's I had that caring, gentle nursing quality, doesn't.
Speaker 5: She At one point say what am I doing here? And we're all like yeah, yeah, good question. And how about follow the light? To me? That was Poulter, guys, like if he followed the light, he was going to die. Follow the light.
Speaker 3: Remember any movie like when you see the light, you're dying and your drug.
Speaker 5: Dealer keeps telling him, like, run to the light, Carol Ann, run to the light.
Speaker 2: He looked really running on the railroad tracks the best he looked hot.
Speaker 3: He looked hot in this whole episode except for the eye fletters.
Speaker 2: But even that was fine. But oh he got that jean jacket was a little bit of way. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then Steve not giving a frogs but about any of this, He's just like, I need to take over the peach pit. And that's like I love him like a sun, but I guess he's dead, like exce true, just like.
Speaker 3: Ian felt about this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, because we're Dylan and Steve on the outs because of the balance, yes, but still, what I just was asking myself personally, like how what is wrong with me that I can't remember any of this? I r l like, I don't remember the wedding dress scene, coming down the stairs, the making out scene, I don't remember any of it.
Speaker 5: Feels strange that you don't remember this, because it's so.
Speaker 3: Bizarre that you would say this is a dream. Sometimes you don't remember your dreams.
Speaker 5: And does it not come back? Because I get forgetting it, but then when you watch it, you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, nope, I got nothing.
Speaker 5: Because like I had something the other day that I had forgotten about for like years, and then when I saw it I was on TV, I was like, oh yeah, like I would think it would come back, like you don't remember wearing that awful wedding dress?
Speaker 2: No, but thank god I didn't have that head piece on that vale On loved it.
Speaker 3: I can't like on a fashion level. Wait, I felt like maybe I'm wrong, like the vowve thing. The inspiration was like, I uh was it eighties nineties? Like uh, music videos and thinking eighties what's yeah?
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 5: Kataine?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Maybe to me this was Chuck Rosen thinking about every eighties movie he ever loved and writing it into a nine two one episode Poulter Guys sixteen Candles, Like the dresses were straight out of sixteen Candles. For me, when was Ghost the train? I think Ghost was later maybe the train that just reminded me of it was just all crazy.
Speaker 2: And just way too many of those train tracks helped me help me. Scenes with Stephanie Seymour thing, oh.
Speaker 5: Stephanie Seymour, guns and roses and roses. No, I don't know. What about when the drug dealer November tying the rope or that band and licks his arm?
Speaker 2: That was gross? Why for health reasons why.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't I do not know.
Speaker 3: It was a choice.
Speaker 6: And then we just immediately like assault, go back to the football game and the play the big rush play, and like, oh no, you're a club.
Speaker 2: Like it was just like so, yeah, what a This is my final note on this episode. That was one wacky weird final note weird.
Speaker 3: No, okay, final note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wacky weird episode. That that's it.
Speaker 5: Wacky weird episode. That's all you.
Speaker 3: Okay, there must be more, wheat I have. All the wedding stuff was so good and Jim Walsh his outfit in the wedding, like, I don't know, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I liked watching all the wacky weirdness of it all. But it was so wacky and weird that I was like, what am I watching the script?
Speaker 5: Is this the keg House or the nuthouse? And then he's like, you've destroyed his faith in mankind? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Some of the dialogue, yeah it was bad, yeahge. Some of the divisual when like Suzanne was in her haughty little outfit at the pool hall.
Speaker 5: Awdy little outfit, Tory was in her underwear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donna was like chained to the wall writhing around. She's all, I just get this is the dialogue for Suzanne was nuts.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The dance Tory good, good job, but bizarre.
Speaker 3: Thank you you sold it.
Speaker 5: But I just didn't understand.
Speaker 3: I know, and do you know what it's like to do a dance like that?
Speaker 2: Sober? Not easy?
Speaker 5: And then he's like, I've kissed with every girl in here.
Speaker 2: What he's like, always proud of it.
Speaker 3: It's his dream, yeah, like that's what he's thinking about.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my god, point I don't remember who. Someone says you think he's gonna die, you think he's gonna do oh yeah? And then remember Claire and David were in the dream and they like switched places other voices. David's voice was coming out of Claire like I was just feeling I remember that.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I was like, wait, am I dreaming again? Is this really happening?
Speaker 5: I just wrote I'm mystified. I'm just mystified.
Speaker 3: But couldn't take your eyes away from it, right, And it.
Speaker 2: Felt long like I felt like it would never end.
Speaker 3: I want it more, just in that pool hall, keep him coming.
Speaker 5: The whole thing. I just was so confused if it was a dream and a dream. I was convinced it's a dream and a dream. And then the Green football team was playing versus the Tidi football team, while simultaneously Dylan's flatlining like shout out to Narcan though I didn't know Narkhan was around back then, and it sure was.
Speaker 2: Did he get the Narcan? That's that was what saved him.
Speaker 5: Someone said, is he dead? He doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you though, all the talk of dead, all this talk, it keeps triggering me, so we have.
Speaker 5: To move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: It was really in its wacky weirdness and enjoyable on that level. It was really hard to watch. Yeah, I get, It's just it kept just wafting over me of waves and I was like, okay, it's not It's not a good visual to put with the reality.
Speaker 5: Could I go back to the football for just two notes?
Speaker 2: To my god?
Speaker 5: How about when Steve said we were in deep poop.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen to a word anyone said we were in deep, didn't launch it poop?
Speaker 5: He said poop.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Well you could have said, I wouldn't have cared, like I don't care.
Speaker 2: Maybe you cared a lot about the I think cag House.
Speaker 5: I could talk about this episode, I believe for six more hours. Maybe maybe I would just done.
Speaker 2: Oh my, definitely not be here.
Speaker 5: I would love to like have some sort of event where we have two hundred fans and we screened this episode and then we just discuss.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that would be the best Q and A ever, because it's so what do the fan you guys did right here with us? What do you think of this episode? How did you think then? What do you think now right?
Speaker 2: How did you feel about it then? How do you feel about now? Good questions?
Speaker 5: You know, it's weird.
Speaker 7: I have no memory of it from back then. M I was like, and honestly, I remember I remember a dream sequence where it was the Wild West. Where's that dream?
Speaker 3: Yep, that's an episode.
Speaker 2: I know I'm dressed in a Wild West outfit at some point in the show. I just don't know why.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what, You're right. I was thinking Brenda's in the one where we go back to the sixties, right, the Wild West? Is Valerie in a saloon?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And then you kind of want to confuse it to remember when they were almost in the plane wreck and they were it was really just a flashback episode. Of Old nine two one oh's. We had some flashbacks here they say a little money and changed flashbacks, like the car scene was shot again.
Speaker 2: Where he gets it gets in the car.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have a moment. I kind of wanted the epic pool scene between Kelly and Dylan. I wanted it. Then after seeing the flashback to be current.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was. That was sort of a nice flashback actually.
Speaker 3: But a version of it in a weird way. Both her hair short to know that it was.
Speaker 5: New Jenny, Jenny as Valerie asked, Kelly, you're still in love with him, are you?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: I think she'll always be in love with him, That's what I thought. But Brandon, But what about Brandon? Have two people at the same time. No, you can't. You can't. You can't love two people. But you could be in love I have like I have. I still have love for my ex husband.
Speaker 3: But you said in lave, but you're not in love with your ex husband.
Speaker 5: The Bachelor would tell you you can be in love with two people at the same time.
Speaker 2: Even Gary, the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: He's in love with three ladies and I believe it.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Wait, I just felt bad for Brandon for a second.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I felt bad for Dylan when you two were like, he's on his deathbed and you two are like arm and arm hugging sitting on the I was like, Oh, you knew.
Speaker 2: When when he has the nice flashback about Kelly, when she's sitting there and then Brandon comes in and sidles up to her and puts his arm around her, you knew that he's going to have a bad I'm like, oh, here we go. Here comes a bad dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like I'm about done with Susanne and Kevin.
Speaker 3: There's more.
Speaker 2: Well, doesn't he have to get his money up from them or something? Don't they have to have do we have to justice?
Speaker 5: Well, there's I mean, Erica's not done.
Speaker 3: I mean this was foreshadowing of the Brandon Kelly wedding.
Speaker 2: I was just like, Okay, so this is wedding dress number one for the series. Have I already worn a wedding dress? Or is this because I wanted to keep track of how many times I wann a wedding dress on the show, Think Let's do it?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Was this the first?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: There was this? There was a fantasy flash forward. In your prepisode, we see the future. Remember Dylan's old.
Speaker 2: Right, but she was pregnant or they had kids or.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to a wedding. I feel like.
Speaker 3: You've worn a wedding dress. But it was a little reminiscent of Glenda. Maybe that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 5: You went a good It was all sixteen candles to me, like just I could see Molly Ringwold's sister in that same get up, and I was just like, oh god, remember she married the gu go hunk or whatever, juicy bohunk.
Speaker 2: You guys, I still want my Jake Ryan. Oh my god, where is that guy?
Speaker 5: Where is that guy?
Speaker 2: I feel he's gone, He's not in the business.
Speaker 3: I'm gone down the rabbit hole. But I say, he looks older but still good, totally still good.
Speaker 2: And I was in love with him.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Dancing with the Stars has like offered him a fortune, like everyone's tried.
Speaker 3: And he just wait, you said that was such confidence, like you know, because it was so random.
Speaker 5: I'm certain of it. I just feel so certain that everybody has said, like please, Ryan, please come on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: How many people name their kids Jake after sixteen candles, probably the same amount. The name their kid's Dylan after.
Speaker 5: So I mean, how many people want a dude in a red Porsche to pull up wearing a faer Ise sweater ast and say and who me?
Speaker 2: I feel like we should break down, Sarah.
Speaker 3: We all love that.
Speaker 2: So good. Tomato, Tomato.
Speaker 5: My favorite line is when Anthony Michael Halls in the rolls Royce and she says, I just love waking up in your arms, and Anthony Michael Hall goes these things.
Speaker 2: It's her favorite line in the whole movie. There's so many and that's it.
Speaker 5: I've seen it so many times that I can do the line times from the real version and the television edit. Wait what Oh yeah, Like there's the scene where she goes or he goes. She's totally serious, ass wipe, but on television it's she's totally serious. Pencil neck.
Speaker 2: Back to the show. I'm just seeing this image of you in the leather dress with a cigarette in your mouth. Oh put holding your boob. Do you see this picture that I'm looking at on the rundown?
Speaker 3: Nope, but I'm I'm gonna go to it right now.
Speaker 5: The other hair, your hair was like slicked back, amazing.
Speaker 2: X the l A tax props.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 2: It was tight.
Speaker 5: Mhm, it was great.
Speaker 2: Those were the days.
Speaker 3: I can see how that was a MS in any way. And they just don't move. You know what are they called? When?
Speaker 2: What are these?
Speaker 3: Now? You don't have them because you work out, but bat wings?
Speaker 5: I'm planners kicked to do my arms every day because what's going on? Like my blazer, I'm like, why isn't the arm fit? What's going on? Like this is?
Speaker 3: It'll never happen to me. My mom would always say, wave goodbye arms.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you gotta do dips, guys.
Speaker 5: What's a dip?
Speaker 2: Sit on the edge of your chair. Yeah, okay, put your feet out, put your tushy over the edge, and dip up and down. Wait, wait a week?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you went underwear?
Speaker 5: Underwear?
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw your.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought like this.
Speaker 2: We wear shorts?
Speaker 5: Yes? Go how many a lot?
Speaker 2: Three sets of thirty?
Speaker 5: What I could do?
Speaker 1: Like ten?
Speaker 2: There you go, everybody and down and do you feel the burn? Keep going until you fill the burn? I feel it and then go past the burn? Oh, keep going?
Speaker 5: I mean I shouldn't be wearing the sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Keep going, you got it closer.
Speaker 3: So lucky. This is like her workout video thirty years later in real life and we get to experience and you do put your.
Speaker 2: Feet out further. Put your feet out further.
Speaker 5: Wait, so great?
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, it gets harder if you do that. My trainer will pick up my feet. No, I can't do that, so he's holding my feet and I have to go up and down without any feet on the ground.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 3: That was good because I was wondering, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Like, that's a good one. Waits and like I do.
Speaker 5: Weights five pounders.
Speaker 2: All right, next week, I'll give you another workout tip. Oh please wait to do this, please do what do you guys rate this?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't have you Are you going to give this a ten?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? I feel like, how can it be a ten? When Harry met Sally, like I want to be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I'll have.
Speaker 3: What she's having. Like you, guys, this was like a twelve for.
Speaker 2: Me, even with the with the football parts. How can you give it a twelve? If you didn't leave it, if.
Speaker 3: The football parts weren't in there, it would have been a fourteen.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm giving it like a two and a ten.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this.
Speaker 5: As nine O two one O goes, I'm like, okay, this was like a disaster. I don't get it. But as like nine O two one O gos, I'm giving it a ten. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, it's what you.
Speaker 3: Could have had the sound off and just visually watched it, and it would have been a ten on a nine oh two one oh level just seeing all the characters comeing in out right, Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: Jenny gives it because I just can't predict.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have to give it like in the eight range.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Okay, that's a lot higher than I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I get your whole like two and ten thing because he.
Speaker 3: Did it, or you hated it and I was both, or you love to hate it and then you're going too.
Speaker 2: Which is the case with most of the episodes, but.
Speaker 5: For you specifically, let me ask you one question before we go. I's at the very end. So right after he wakes up, he sees his mom, he sees his dad, and then like all of a sudden, he fully wakes up and it's like the whole thing was a dream. Maybe we're back in the car. I don't know, maybe the car never went over. That would have been a tent.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Now she's rewriting the show. I don't know. I know my arm's really hurt. I feel good about this. I feel like I'm ready to thank you.
Speaker 2: For that burn. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Will my arms go back to what they used to be? Do they shrink? Okay? Good?
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to lose your the body fat, and then you have to tone that muffle by Chris. My friend's mom.
Speaker 3: My friend's mom works out every day, and she did tell me though at some point, the skin it just doesn't go back even if you work out every day.
Speaker 2: Is this true? Well, it just also it depends on the individual and the elasticity in your skin.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, fair by Valentine's Day? What are we talking?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: How long? It is?
Speaker 2: Definitely three months? You can you can transform your body? All right, we've rated it, We've talked about it.
Speaker 5: What's next week?
Speaker 2: Next week? Is hate is just a four letter word? Episode eleven? Oh gosh, hate is just a four letter word. No idea what that could be about? Nope, I got nothing. It'll be a surprise. Well this was a great time. Actually, I really want me too. All right, well, I'm glad you guys had fun. Love you guys,