Speaker 1: Hey, Andrew, Hey, buddy boy, I am Great Scott.
Speaker 2: Great Scott that's what Greg t wanted to call me when I first started here.
Speaker 1: I would love that we were.
Speaker 2: Kind of a team back in the day and we would go out and do crazy stuff in the street. Yeah, and he's like, great Scott, that's your name. Like, no, I'm not going to be called great Scott.
Speaker 1: Something tells me that if we brought this up with him right now, he'd be like, no one listens to me. That would have been what made you famous.
Speaker 2: If my name was Great Scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants the dumbest name ever.
Speaker 2: It really is stupid.
Speaker 1: So what would we call you for short?
Speaker 2: Great T. The frat boy here with Great Scott garretts out there. He's so angry because we're eating cereal full of gluten and sugar, neither of which he can have one day.
Speaker 1: I want to be on the show one day.
Speaker 2: Too much gluten, too much sugar.
Speaker 1: Stop. He's like the Matt Damon of Do you know how Jimmy Kimmel always says he doesn't have time for Matt Damon. Yes, he's our Matt Damon. We'll never have time.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, stand by what would play the song.
Speaker 1: Six hours? Hurry? No, how would you say? Just said no, way, you can't.
Speaker 3: Because they.
Speaker 1: And a Cereal reviewing cereals?
Speaker 3: Is that goal stop and.
Speaker 1: A Cereal some new ones?
Speaker 2: I'm so old, Okay, I have no idea what that's going to sund like because we're just yelling over.
Speaker 1: I love the violent ending to it always.
Speaker 2: I look at scary and they're making some more money. Oh look, never mind, I'm not going to say anything. All right, So welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode thirty. It is thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is thirty.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, thirty episodes plus two bonuses, So that's thirty two if I'm doing my math correct. We are just this is crazy, It really is. Thank you so much for supporting us and for listening. And you guys are the best. Um Now, my buddy Mike Gregory on Twitter, he said, dude, don't knock multameal till you try them. So this episode dedicated to Maultomeal cereals. Is it a multi bonanza? It is a Malto bonanza. I'm in all Maultomeal all the time.
Speaker 1: How many Maultomeals are there.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot. I only have four today because we just don't have time to do all. I don't know thirty of them. But I was at my daughter's Sleepway camp last weekend and they serve Multomeal cereals.
Speaker 1: I remember you said that. Yeah, that's like a summer camp special.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Usually because it's cheaper. Yeah, in some cases because it's allerge and friendly.
Speaker 1: Well let me tell you something. They could also just buy what we had in the last episode, just by the two pound bag of things.
Speaker 2: Well, Multimeal is the cereal that comes in the massive bags.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we've already done fruity dino bites, you know, a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Well, now General Mills is jumping in on the bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. I've seen Reese's puffs in the bags. I've seen you know, they have the cocoa puffs.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about this because if we're starting as a society to give away two pound bags of sugary cereal, we are like two more steps away from being like, did you ever see the movie Wally?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right, well there goes that show. I wasn't anyway, it came out five years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm not a movie guy. I'm the cereal guy. You're the movie guy. Do a movie podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh you.
Speaker 2: Know what other multimle cereals we did?
Speaker 1: Bulldoze my conversation. Yes, Scott, you just.
Speaker 2: Went cross Hyde.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember the Coldstone Birthday cake remix and the Strawberry Blonde? Yeah, disgusting or is the story blondie? I don't know whatever it is. Those are both multiples. But those were in boxes. However, they do also make them in bags because I saw them too, so they're still going strong.
Speaker 1: So we're giving away two pounds of bags of pure sugar to children now and being like, hey, here it has marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Not giving it away. It has to be purchased in the store unless you're a thief.
Speaker 1: You today have a little bit of an attitude, miss, So sir, it's the sugar. I'm going to ask you to please calm it down.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm gonna go down at the cereal sack, all right, and I'm going to take out the one that's least sugary cool, so we can start with, you know, the least flavor and not rate it too harshly great. So, going down into my cereal sack.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't come back.
Speaker 2: I heard that now they use the same color.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, I'm glad we're doing it in the weird Oh well, I stole these from the Sleepway camp.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to buy giant bags or five bucks, so I just stole the single serving cups.
Speaker 1: These are gas station style cups. We did cinnamon toast crunch or whatever's kicks.
Speaker 2: No, it was cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 1: It didn't taste good.
Speaker 2: Well that wasn't a different kind of plastic container. This is multimeal is like I don't know BPA free or whatever. So anyway, how do you know that? I don't know, and I don't even know if those are the right. So these are called scooters. Can you guess what cereal they're ripping off?
Speaker 1: They're cheerios.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's multiple varieties of scooters. They have, you know, honey nut and all that. They make them. All.
Speaker 1: From now on, I refuse to call cheerios cheerios. They're now scooters.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, you know what. That's when my old program director used to call me when I was like sixteen, Hey, scooter.
Speaker 1: I can't I just remember that. From now on, I'm going to ask for a bag of scooters.
Speaker 2: Would you like to open it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you open it? You've never opened a package before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't let me? All right?
Speaker 2: How's that? Does the smell like cheerios?
Speaker 1: Not really? No, these kind of have adult smell to them, an.
Speaker 2: Adult smell, adult adult. No, you can't try it.
Speaker 1: What scooters? Hold on? Why are you pouring it into the dog bowl for the sound? I can't, I can't, I can I can, I can't. How many cereals are we doing today?
Speaker 2: I don't know a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: You have got me working overtime, Scott. These don't really look like cheerios? Are you kidding me? It's a ring? No, it's a ring sheepe piece of whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But they're more if I could describe it properly, they're not really rounded like a cherry. There's circles round, but within the circle they're more squary.
Speaker 1: Just give me my scooters, dude, don't go into.
Speaker 2: A scooter rage. Come on, you just dropped my cup two percent milk from the last episode, and we have some leftover, so I always able to get a quart.
Speaker 1: We also recorded it right after.
Speaker 2: This is true, so I'm still tasting coca puffs in my teeth.
Speaker 1: Yep, wonderful one tooth thir.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're s sogga already. No one of my daughters that you taste like crap. There's really too touched like cardboard. I don't really like cheerios, but there ain't even cheerios.
Speaker 1: I like the taste of cheerios.
Speaker 2: I want to spit it out. Can I don't think this.
Speaker 1: Is terrible, No, I don't like it at all. I'm gonna give this three bowls. This it's just awful.
Speaker 2: Scooters gets a spoon.
Speaker 3: A spoon I can't even swallow. I kind of swallow it. It has a very acidic aftertaste. I'll say that much like it actually does feel like I ate cardboard.
Speaker 2: You know what it's missing?
Speaker 1: What sugar?
Speaker 2: It is well and taste, and I have to say, there's actually no sugar in this cereal?
Speaker 1: Can I try one? Plain?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hold on a second. This has me baffled.
Speaker 1: I don't mind these. I'm gonna give it three bowls.
Speaker 2: My body is so used to sweet yeah that I can't appreciate the cereal.
Speaker 1: My body because I trash it so much. Is probably like this is a welcome change.
Speaker 2: Ingredients, whole grain, oat flour, wheat stars, calcium carbonate, salt, try sodium phosphate, and caramel color. That's it. There's sure.
Speaker 1: I actually really, I'm going to bump it up one more. Three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. It's not bad as a snack. Dry. I will say that I like it both, so for that reason, I'll give it a bowl.
Speaker 1: Cool because it tastes like a lesser cheerios, but I love cheerios. Plain.
Speaker 2: That's definitely generous. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: You're wrong because I like them all right.
Speaker 2: You know what, different opinions. That's why we're here.
Speaker 1: Different Strokes for different folks.
Speaker 2: Different Strokes was my favorite show.
Speaker 1: And you know that one Different Strokes. D you.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about? Andrew? Wow, you actually got a reference.
Speaker 1: I again, TV Land.
Speaker 2: This is going to turn into the bike Shop episode R and sit down, Andrew. Would you like to see some cartoons?
Speaker 1: No, I know the fact that you're referencing that awful episode. I don't know what your issue is.
Speaker 2: I don't go back down into the cereal sack.
Speaker 1: So Different Strokes would play at three am on TV Land, uh huh. And whenever I would get sick, don't ask me why, But as a kid, whenever I would get sick, I would always wake up at like two thirty or three am and like go downstairs and put on Nickelodeon, and Nickelodeon at that time would be TV Land, So it would always be different strokes. So I always puked to different strokes.
Speaker 2: Episodes were you sick a lot?
Speaker 1: As a child, I would get like sun poisoning, okay from now?
Speaker 2: Did you see the later ones when Kimberly was like hooked on heroin?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, okay, but I'm interested happening.
Speaker 2: When Sam came that damn little kid Sam, I hated him. That's when different Strokes jumped the shark when Sam came in, mister d nobody knows what we're talking about anyway, so let's uh move along. Maltomeal cinnamon toasters. Can you guess what they're ripping off?
Speaker 1: Corn pops?
Speaker 2: No cinnamon toast.
Speaker 1: I really still like the scooters. Stop eating scooters. I like them now.
Speaker 2: I actually stole two of these from the camp and I gave one of them to Cooper and she spit it out. Oh, no. She ran downstairs and she went and got Wendell from the cabinet.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, Wendell, Remember Wendell. Wendell is what was it?
Speaker 2: Is? A cinnamon toast crunch baker.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, come on, man again, Even when you say it, you make it seem like I'm such an idiot for not remembering. I don't know about these, op I want more scooters. How did you steal these? Exactly because I'm picturing you being like Ashley, I need to go to the bathroom, actually sneaking into the back of the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I went to the I went into the dining room and I opened up the cereal cabinet and they're just loaded there. There's hundreds of them, and I just threw as many in my bag as I could. I brought a cereal sack with me and I just loaded it up.
Speaker 1: No, it's sad, but there's probably security footage of a grown ass man going through a kitchen at a summer camp.
Speaker 2: Here we go. You're ready.
Speaker 1: I like that. You don't want to come to terms with what you've done.
Speaker 2: Cinnamon toasters from Maltomele. No, no, no, you're right, Cooper, You're right.
Speaker 1: That took a quick left turn right.
Speaker 2: The first second that it goes in, it's like, oh, cinnamon, sugar, Oh no, what's going on there?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you no. What it tastes like, and I know it's impossible. It just tastes like there's too much butter butter. It tastes like it has a strong taste of butter.
Speaker 2: It's funny because canola oil is the fourth ingredient.
Speaker 1: Is that butter?
Speaker 2: Well, it's oil, and butter is technically oil.
Speaker 1: It overpowers it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sugar second ingredient. Yeah, we're back to that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it two bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 2: I'll go two bowls total.
Speaker 1: And you know it's great.
Speaker 2: Speaking of total, wish I had some.
Speaker 1: I have some scooters left.
Speaker 2: Do you clean your palate with the scooters? M so before we get into the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also I've seen most of these in the stores. They have French toasters, which are like French toast crunch. These are all the ripoff series.
Speaker 1: I want French toast.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's coming. I saw it red box. I'll get it for you. Regular frosted flakes they have that. They don't have to change the name because there's no you can't trademark frosted flakes or brand, which they also have. Then they have frosted mini spooners, frosted Minnie spooners.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a high school nickname, like right, what's that many spooner?
Speaker 2: And those are frosted Benni weets obviously, fruity Dino bites we've had. Those are your fruity pebbles. Fruity Dino bites with marshmallows. They got that too. Golden honey Ohs, which would be the post O's that we had a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Then golden puffs. I'm not quite sure what that is. It probably kicks. I'm guessing honey buzzers. Those are honeycomb Oh, honey gram toasters, those are golden grams. Honey nut scooters would be your honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Yes, do cheerios have sugar?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. I'd have to look. I would assume that they do, which is probably why cheerios taste a little bit better than the scooters.
Speaker 1: I love scooters.
Speaker 2: Okay. Then there's also oat blenders with almonds, and that's what my buddy Mike asked us to review. But sorry, Mike, I didn't buy that. Those are that's honey bunches of oats, then oat blenders with honey. Same thing. Peanut butter cookie bites. I'm not quite sure what that would be. I'm guessing probably cap'n Crunch peanut butter. Yeah, probably the peanut butter cups, which would be the Reese's puffs. Then there's your regular raisin brand there. They do have s'mores cereal. I did see that. Maybe we'll try that one day.
Speaker 1: How long have we been doing this? S'mores from maltomeal that I'm saying, like, how long has this list been? I feel like you've been reading this for forty seven hours.
Speaker 2: Andrew, the cap'm Crunch list was way longer. Then there's Snickerdodle cookie bites. I don't know what that would be equivalent to Snickerdoodle cookie bites.
Speaker 1: I don't that mean that I have scooters to eat along the.
Speaker 2: Way strawberry cream mini spooners, So I'm guessing that some sort of strawberry frosted miniwheat than Tooty Fruities, which are fruit loops and tooty fruities with marshmallows, which we did in the last episode. Just be fruit loops with marshmallows. So and I also left two of them out and here comes the next one. Maultimeal, you've done it again with marshmallow madies.
Speaker 1: Oh is this right? Grisbee Treats is equivalent?
Speaker 2: No, these are lucky charms. Oh marshmallow madies. Ohoy?
Speaker 1: Did you just come up with their own slogan?
Speaker 2: Yes? I hope you guys want to use that. Just pay me.
Speaker 1: I feel like Multimeal the commercials would be literally they would just throw a box at a kid and be like, make a commercial.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this is a special edition. I don't know what that means, but I told you that the commercials always used to be this guy like walking on his on his like ash down the aisle because the bags of Multimeal cereal are always on the bottom shelf because they have to throw them down on the bottom because they won't go on a regular shelf. Plus, you know Kellogg's and Posts and General Mills, they pay to be eye level and Multimel doesn't have the money, even though they are made by Post. Post actually bought maultimeal in the twenty fifteen. Most of this stuff is just you know, post.
Speaker 1: Certain I'm in the store YEP, I'm gonna be like that guy. I'm going to go for the scooters.
Speaker 2: I like them so marshmallow madis They look like little anchors. I don't know what the other things are. Maybe they're supposed to be boats. I do see a dolphin or a whale, marshmallow. I don't know what this thing is. It just looks like a cap' maybe and a flower. So let's get pouring. Time's are wasting.
Speaker 1: This is the longest episode be done so far, I don't think so most.
Speaker 2: Only have one more? Was that a unicorn? What was that? Some sort of pin wheel? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what they say about pirates and pin wheels?
Speaker 2: What, Andrew, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's trying to be funny. You didn't let me have it.
Speaker 2: You can't even really see what these marshmallows are.
Speaker 1: So here take that. That's a okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not very optimistic about these. I don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: I see a flower.
Speaker 2: I think this is a booger.
Speaker 1: This looks like a decapitated unicorn.
Speaker 2: Whatever scraps they have left. Yeah, they just act.
Speaker 1: Then there are all the bad shapes and the lucky charms.
Speaker 2: This one looks like the middle Finger one, two, three.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: The marshmallows are the same as lucky charms. They taste exactly the same.
Speaker 1: I like this year ol because it's puffier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is puffier.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I have to take a picture of this marshmallow because it looks like it's flipping me off.
Speaker 1: Yup, I give this four bowls.
Speaker 2: I'll do four bowls as well. I'm gonna copy you, all right, So great marshmallow mais was a success. I like that. Maultimeal not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna buy a bag of that.
Speaker 1: So far, we're two for three. Well you're one four scooters.
Speaker 2: Now there's one more.
Speaker 1: Well you're also a boogie cereal eater. No I'm not, Yeah, I you are.
Speaker 2: I just know what I like.
Speaker 1: You know, you're a boogie serial.
Speaker 2: Here's the last Multimeal Cereal of the day. Hi David Brody, Oh, hi guys, are Hi Brody at the part?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you play my two great jingles we did?
Speaker 2: Yeah fantastic, Yeah, yeah, we cut the first one off though, like cause I don't know how to make it fade, so I just cut it off.
Speaker 1: You take the little knob and you.
Speaker 2: We don't do it like that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. I'm not pro Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know how you're recording. I don't want to confuse your listeners. Yeah, we're looking at the way you're recording. You actually can't lower it. I know we need headphones and stuff. I don't want to wear headphones. It's whatever. You could edit it with a fade in it and reload it. Yeah, but we've talked over it, so it's like a mess anyway.
Speaker 1: Make sure you listen to the Brooklyn Boys. Yeah, look at that one of your episodes.
Speaker 2: Brooklyn Boys, new episodes every Thursday. Walkers and Talkers are Walking Dead podcast that's on Wednesdays. Oh no, we only let you plug one podcast. Sorry, which one would you prefer? I get one plug for each song I wrote you. All right, well, okay, valid, All right? Back to the cereal sack for multomeal Coco ruse.
Speaker 1: What they're Coco rus? Okay? Can I say one thing about that? I actually love the name Cocaroo.
Speaker 2: I love it, but it has nothing to do with kangaroos, I know, but.
Speaker 1: I love it. It makes it me feel like I'm eating an exotic cereal. What are you eating, oh, cocar roos? All right, I guess what did you get that cereal from? Did you get it from like someplace in Latin America? No? Shop right in Long Beach. Child.
Speaker 2: These these look like deer turds. Look.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah they do.
Speaker 2: They do smell very chocolatey.
Speaker 1: Wait, how would we say these again?
Speaker 2: Cocooo?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how we have to say it.
Speaker 2: And I just realized we didn't have to waste a second cup. You could have just eaten out of the bowl that it comes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's you. You waste tons and tons of cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh I just did it again. No, I don't waste cereal, I waste paper. Here we go, multimeal coca us. But I have a feeling that these will make delicious chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. What was it again, Coco roos?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you.
Speaker 1: Have to say it in an exotic voice.
Speaker 2: They should have a kangaroo is a mascot.
Speaker 1: I would buy these and his name would be I guess I haven't tasted yet, Billy why billy.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what a baby joey? Oh, joey, Billy joey, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: They're both short for something one two three, right?
Speaker 2: Uh uh no, no, no, the first qunch is fine, but the third is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Always bad from the first one.
Speaker 2: What's going on here? Uh huh, multimil You've disappointed us. But now it's okay.
Speaker 1: I will say the like starts like almost like someone punched you in the mouth, and then it ends with like you.
Speaker 2: Got a kangaroo kick to the mouth, and then it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. It tastes it tastes like a chocolate marshmallow, and I'm not a fan of those.
Speaker 2: I'll two bowls and a spoon on this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it two bowls, all right, So I'm two for four.
Speaker 2: Well, Multimile, not a complete failure.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. Listen, the scooters are I think delicious. I actually think marshmallow. Maadies, Lucky Charms should take note and make puffy your shapes.
Speaker 2: Dude, scooters, I could like pack packages with those, like the stuff that I ship that's breakable, I could put that in there.
Speaker 1: Well. Fun fact, I used to eat those packing peanuts. Shut up, just kiddingugh I did. You've done a lot of crazy things.
Speaker 2: I eat circus peanuts.
Speaker 1: Those are disgusting, they are, But.
Speaker 2: Don't you remember that's how Lucky Charms was born.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much for listening to Serial Killers. We do appreciate you, sweetheart, and thank you. Thirty episodes in technically thirty two, even though this is number thirty.
Speaker 1: Where's our birthday cake? No, when we celebrate our fiftieth episode, it needs to be all birthday cake cereals.
Speaker 2: No, it's when we are doing this for a year, that's our birthday. What does fifty mean? That's an anniversary, that's not a birthday.
Speaker 1: I feel like you don't support my ideas.
Speaker 2: We have to go.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I ask you a quick question? Yes, where's my chicken waffle cereal? It's coming actually, and who's sending it.
Speaker 2: By the time this airs, we probably will already have done a bonus episode.
Speaker 1: With chicken and waffles.
Speaker 2: With chicken and waffles, all right, perhaps the maple bacon donut one too, because I think we're getting.
Speaker 1: Both maple bacon donut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the counterpart to the chicken and waffle from Post, which I don't even think they make anymore. So if you can still find it, enjoy. But I'm pretty sure that limited edition is done well.
Speaker 1: I mean, in all honesty, who's actually eating something that tastes like bacon in a cereal?
Speaker 2: It's just a novelty. I'm sure it's really disgusting. I'm sure it was really disgusting.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Go back and listen to the bonus episode. I hope we did it all right. Let's go follow us please on Twitter. It's Serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C, where you appreciate, you follow and like us and do all those things with the stars. And I have to sit down.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? You think you're about to pass out?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just gonna sit all right. Can you put the air down of it?
Speaker 1: You're gonna hit the subscribe button if you're listening to this right now, So this way new episodes that come out every Monday and Friday. You could just go right to your phone. They're going to be right there for you. And if you want, please leave us a review. We love reading your reviews, and reviews help us make the show better.
Speaker 2: How does this get any better.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe like we stopped chewing so much into the microphones because people said that.
Speaker 2: No, I just edited out.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, let's.
Speaker 2: End this mess. Thank you for listening. Thank you Malton Mio for supplying us with a wonderful, serial filled episode. Well stolen cups, no no, no.
Speaker 1: Thank the camp that Ashley is at, that's.
Speaker 2: True, thank you very much. I won't say which camp.
Speaker 1: But because my daughter's life is security is on the line. They know my host is a very successful serial podcast. I don't want people cornering her. Oh you just threw cereal at me?
Speaker 2: Yes, scooters to the face.
Speaker 1: How about that? So we're gonna have to see a quick crunch. I'm gonna crutch