Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jack Kid and he.
Speaker 2: Arms Live.
Speaker 1: I'm from Studio C.
Speaker 2: See it's a dimly lit room deeper.
Speaker 1: From the bowels of the Armstrong and Getting Communications Compound on wetness day and ordered to the tutelage of our general manager. H deep breath.
Speaker 2: There you go, doctor Oz.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: There's no requirement.
Speaker 1: You picked the most annoying thing in the news for the general manager. You get to choose.
Speaker 2: You want this job.
Speaker 1: Speaking of jobs, you want this damn job, this dirty job. Micro wouldn't do this job. It's so dirty picking the general manager of the day. It's exhausting.
Speaker 2: We could have gone the whole show without even mentioning it.
Speaker 1: You meant at the feature point, oh you should see our email, man, holy cow?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, the people noticed and had the very reaction you might think they would wait a minute.
Speaker 2: What So was the overall take not positive at least an email?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, I wouldn't call it a scientific survey of a thousand randomly selected America Americans with a pleasure minus two. No, but it's as overwhelmingly Oh good lord, just when I was trying to defend his choices as out of the mainstream, but really, oh no.
Speaker 2: Doctor oss quack. I was surprised.
Speaker 1: So I watched my evening newscasts this morning, last nine evening newscast, I thought the lead story everywhere would be on the one thousandth day of the war in Ukraine. Ukraine uses those attack of missiles to fire into Russia at the you know go ahead from Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the lead story of the day, and it was. I watched the news for a long time. I didn't even get to the story.
Speaker 1: Well, and the you know, the b part of that ab is flat putin making vague but unmistakable threats that hey, and as might provoker nuclear dear.
Speaker 2: No, it was more, it was more concrete than that.
Speaker 1: They they changed their official nuclear whatever you call protocol that all the big countries with nuclear weapons are supposed to have. We're all supposed to have it written down in what ways we would use nuclear weapons under work circumstances, and it's supposed to be open for everybody to see. It's part of the whole not having mistakes, et cetera thing that they came up with the way back in the day. But they changed their protocol around the attack ems to make it much easier for Russia to use nuclear up.
Speaker 2: I thought that was by far the lead story, and it barely made the news at all.
Speaker 1: So and David SANGERU was writing about it in The New York Times last night about how it just landed with a whimper. He said, if one thing has come out of the war with Ukraine, it is the world does not really react to nuclear threats anymore, for better or worse. And he said for better, where it's like, maybe it's good, maybe you can't jerk everybody around by threaten nuclear war all the time. On the other hand, maybe if somebody with the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world threatens to use it, you ought to at least pay attention. I don't know. I guess it has a bit of the feel to me, and I'm just kind of guessing at people's sentiment. I'm not necessarily speaking for myself strictly, but it has the feel of that coworker years just says I can't take another day of this, and is this place is. But then he shows up day after day, year after year. It's yet another you know, dictator making threats about you know, he provoked me, I'll send a new clear away and then hearing it for generation. Well, clearly that's the way the world reacted, including the United States. The United States official reaction was we will not be changing our nuclear protocol. In other words, we don't take it seriously. And then today you wake up too, and I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story. It's a bigger story on social media among the Republicans who think Biden's trying to get us into World War three before Trump takes office. People are making a really big deal out of that. I like on Twitter and other places that I go. Biden approves anti personnel land mines for Ukraine, reversing his policy of the entire war of absolutely not on land mines, drawing criticism from arms control groups and others. But so now Ukraine's gonna be able to put in those land mines to try to keep the Russians from coming in. So, oh boy, that is quite a bit more aggressive stance in the last forty eight hours from Joe Biden for whatever reason, Well, breaking news. I'm sorry that is just handed to me. Trump's new Secretary of Agriculture carrot Top, probably because of the name. I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: All right, entertainment entertainer carrot Top.
Speaker 1: That's decent. Colbert's joke was the guy who's gonna the person that's gonna lead Amtrak is Thomas the tank engine with the whole it's just people he sees on TV. But is it is that it? Or is it he understands that much of the electric is not as paying his close attention as the media would like us to think, and he picks people.
Speaker 2: That are on TV to make a lot of voters happen.
Speaker 1: They've changed the title to the Secretary of the Interiors and he's appointed Martha Start, which taking your expertise in interior decorator. Is it because Trump sees these people on TV? Or he thinks a lot of voters see these people on TV and think, oh, good choice. There's somebody I've heard of. I've seen them on Fox and Friends or seen them on Midday TV with Oprah.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's something like that. It's also people he knows, and people who've made it completely clear to him. And I get this. I am not a Beltway insider who is going to smile to your face and oppose your agenda at every single turn. If you say we're going to wind down the Department of Education, I'm gonna do every damn thing I can to make it happen. I get that well. And while I follow the news fairly closely for a living, I'm not super into all these names that aren't TV stars and like guys listening to a podcast here today talking about what a great financial team or some scene that Trump was put in place, and they rattled off a bunch of names I'd never heard in my life, and so I didn't mean anything to me. So if you want to just get like an average dufus like me, somebody who's I've seen on TV, I'm gonna have an opinion about somebody I don't sell yourself, shorter and above average dupist, somebody that's been in the policy world in DC for decades but I've never heard of it makes just means nothing to me, even though they might be a great pick.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what he's doing, although I think he's misreading the way a lot of America sees doctor Oz. Yeah, I've got to admit there's well I don't I think a lot of people feel the same way. There's definitely a feeling of this thing has like loose staring and no breaks, and I just really feel like we're going to hit a tree. On the other hands, you know what, Oz is a smart guy. He's going to execute Trump's vision. What the hell, let's see what happens. I mean, I don't know that the guy's going to be bad at his job. I think he's a quack and a con man.
Speaker 2: He's absolutely that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's to be on dispute.
Speaker 2: Really put the duck back. I heard quacking right there.
Speaker 1: Bro. So he's pushed a whole bunch of fraudulent diet plans throughout his life to become famous. Yeah, very rich. Yes, Yes, I would imagine a lot of these people that get appointed that aren't television stars have done things I don't like either.
Speaker 2: I just don't know about them.
Speaker 1: Well, I was rolling down the avenue the other day and an iad came on Fox News for the Trump Watches that.
Speaker 2: The potus elect is selling.
Speaker 1: So no, he doesn't really object to memet Oz selling some sort of useless powder that's gonna burn fat off your belly.
Speaker 2: Now, he's not that worried about it. It's Trump still got watches for sale.
Speaker 1: Yes, or some entity that he's licensed his does. Yeah. And the disclaimer is there are not meant for investment purposeska whatever. Okay, let's start the show officially real quick. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday, November twentieth, Happy birthday to one Joseph R. Biden, who is eighty two years old. Today care the year let a look a day over one hundred the year twenty twenty four. We are armstrung. He getting we approve of this program up. The Chairman of the Joints Chiefs just announced Captain Stooping of the love vote back in the seven.
Speaker 2: More than Captain crunch Is. He's a fictional character.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's begin officially now according to f CC rules and regulations. Leaping into Actionette mark.
Speaker 3: This morning, it's increasingly clear it is Donald Trump's world and we're just living in it. The most powerful rocket ever built, lasting off from Texas yesterday forty five and forty seven, making the trip with his billionaire buddy to take in the launch, just days after they both attended a uf Sea fight at Madison Square Garden, where the winner Trump's signature dance after the knockout.
Speaker 1: Thanks all there, That news host not as happy as I am. That's gotta be rough if you're on the left and you thought we were told he was hitler. Everybody doing the Trump dance and there's a there's the lead story with Elon Musk watching the rocket go up and Trump's everywhere.
Speaker 2: You look, Oh, well, what are you gonna do? That's a beautiful clip. It has it all.
Speaker 1: It has the wow, that's right, Oh yeah, that's right now in the dance red and her tone, it's Trump swirled and we're just living in it apparently all right then, okay, I love that old budding World War three thing. Ought to get a little more attention than some of the stuff. Shut up, we're having fun. Sad sack Chief dark Cloud with your World War stuff. Please. Happy birthday to Joe Biden eighty two, oldest and fit is a fiddle ready for another term. As recently as a couple of months ago, our institutions true that oldest president we've ever had in office until Trump gets into office, because then Trump will pass that at some point.
Speaker 2: How does mailbag look? Oh it's decent enough. Yeah, you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Cool, it's on the way. Here's our text line four one two nine five KFTC. Well, this is fun.
Speaker 2: You got your first trans congress person.
Speaker 1: It's now they're battling over the whole bathroom thing there in the capitol and which bathroom the new congress person can or can't use. That's a good time. Don't literally, don't get me started. It's your freedom.
Speaker 2: Love of the day. There's so much to be said on that topic.
Speaker 1: I love this from Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, the thinker. He is wrong about a lot of stuff, but anyway, Wow, what age. Nonetheless, what an interesting introduction of Aristotle. You don't hear that very often. Stuff.
Speaker 2: I want to make that clear to everyone. Well, no, no, just that's my mind works, and that I remembered a long.
Speaker 1: And fascinating discussion of epistemology, just and just and just how we know what we know, in the nature of knowing, in the nature of learning, and blah blah blah, and Aristotle had some odd views of how the universe actually worked, but certainly he understood mankind. This is this is a great quote, and this is a continuing our series about the law, law and justice at his best. Man is the noblest of all animals. Separated from law and justice, he is the worst. I would agree, with the very rare exception of a couple of your more advanced primates like chimpanzees.
Speaker 2: There's no maliciousness in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: It's all fairly easily attributable to well, yeah, he's trying to protect his dominant over the herd or the troop or whatever, and that he's in his territory.
Speaker 2: That's why he's being vicious to him. There's not like I don't like.
Speaker 1: You and I want to hurt you much.
Speaker 2: In the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: That's why we need law. That the natural state of things is chaos and ugliness. I've got a library in order as a miracle. I got a lot on that I've been meaning to talk about. I'm making my way through the book Sapiens, which i'd never read the whole thing before. Fascinating stuff about why Homo sapiens emerged from all the other humans and dominated though maybe we'll talk about that later. I found it interesting. Yeah, I've got to endless patience for that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Or we could just jabber about the news headlines of the day that'll be forgotten tomorrow, mailbag, drop us a note, mail bag and Armstrong and getty dot com. Some of them, obviously will not.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right, they will have an enormous impact.
Speaker 1: I hope your grandchildren aren't studying how the Ukraine War turned into World War three. No, that's one of the second group. Yeah, that's the kind that won't be forgotten. Here's an idea going forward, writes Christy, Let's require presidential candidates to also divulge their proposed selections for major cabinet roles oive insert the quack and duck sound for doctor Odz. Yeah I know. And then her hashtag is hashtag job security for y'all. Yeah, what'll you do? Oh?
Speaker 2: I love this from Sean. What about this?
Speaker 1: Trump puts gates in, lets him do all the crazy stuff and soak up the heat.
Speaker 2: Everyone hates him already.
Speaker 1: He's like the WWF heel, the villain you love to hate in the wrastling. Yeah, most of the reporting is that that's not what Trump's doing. He wants Gates to be the attorney general, and well, yeah, that's absolutely yeah, that's what he means as attorney general. So Trump says, hey, he's an independent. He's an independent age, just like Garland was. I have to stay out of it all. Finally, when the DC lamp posts are proverbiably all hung with bodies, Trump saves the nation and fires crazy Mat for going too far, and inevitably hires a hot check for ag. Let's see side show, Bob Wrights, Guys, I just hope Putin waits until after next week to start as nuclear war. I've already invested a lot of time and money preparing to host a large gathering family for Thanksgiving dinner right here. You On second thought, maybe this week would be better. Oh, Bob, let's see. Oh I like this, Steven beautiful Chico, California. Shout out to Chico. Good folks have been supporting us for ages. He says. I had to share my response to a liberal friends Facebook post. The facebook post is as follows, don't buy anything on Black Friday, F capitalism.
Speaker 2: And f colonialism. Oh my god, I know, I know, I know. Wow.
Speaker 1: Steve's comment was, you realize that voting with your dollars and not buying anything on Black Friday Friday is the very definition of capitalism. I love it. Let's see. Oh this is keeping my head down. And as a Republican in Oregon says that Oregon has just issued brand new, expensive, crazy, time consuming mandatory training for old folks Homes employees to be able to deal with transgender folks. Oh my god, the old folks homes. Oh my paid training to be paid for by the employer. Required first twelve months of higher every two years, mandatory, ninety minute, expensive, blah blah blah. We're already losing staff, like crazy says, and this is going to make it even worse. But you know, as we talk about the whole woke agenda and did Trump's election end it? No, no, no, It's still growing in government and academia. You're going to go into an old folks home and start asking people in their eighties and nineties about the pronouns. You're gonna get a lot of blank looks. Yeah. Yeah, this stuff is still growing, and we've got to be fighting it with all of our energy. Got some more great email to get to Maybe we'll sprink it in the sprinkle it in throughout the mister Johnson, which pronoun would you like us to call you by? What? What? Now?
Speaker 2: I realize you're ninety three? But which pronoun would you like us today?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry not following you? Yeah, no kidding. We got a lot more news of the day.
Speaker 1: Stay with US, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: President Elect Trump with Elon Musk in Texas there for the sixth test launch of the SpaceX starship meant to eventually take humans to the Moon and Mars. The launch itself successful, the booster even detaching as it's supposed to, but then SpaceX, seeing some issue with the booster.
Speaker 1: Booster offshore divert Unfortunately, that means that we are our no go for the catch.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to land back in Texas, but to save it from potentially destroying the SpaceX launch facility or endangering lives on land, the booster shifting course and heading to the Gulf instead for a splashdack.
Speaker 2: So they didn't catch this rocket with them.
Speaker 1: What does he call it? The Mega something or other is what he calls the giant arm that catches the rocket booster. I still feel like the media has not caught on to the way Elon looks at these things. Oh yeah, agreed. The whole fail fast theory or there's no fast and learn faster, isn't that he says? Yeah, in this thing, which you can apply to your own life, I've tried to apply it to mine. Is just there's no such thing as failure. It's just information. Okay, I tried this, this is the result. There's information about so now I'll try to try it this way right. Failure will never hold you back. Fear of failure is crippling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: And Elon expressed again yesterday that he plans to have a rocket reach Mars in twenty twenty six. Now, he promises a lot of things. It often comes up short. I think that's part of his whole success thing. Is he he hits he sets aggressive deadlines. Yeah, under strives now, but I mean if he's if he's off by several years, that'd be quite amazing. I hope it happens in my lifetime. What just a stunning thing to even think about. And this isn't aside and we'll dig into this more thoroughly later on, but compare that idea of we're gonna set a goal that's probably not reachable, but we're gonna go nuts trying to get there. Who's in compared to government right where I'd like to see that memo filled out by the end of the month. There are seven of you working on. Have we run that through the Environmental Agency to make sure we're not a foul of any this or that. Have the application done by next March. So, speaking of mankind and the amazing thing that Homo sapiens have been into outer space and are going to go further and further versus many of the other humans that have existed on planet Earth that didn't make it out of the Stone Age?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: So you might be familiar with the book Sapiens that came out several years back. It was a big giant hit and it's just a fascinating freaking book. But I'd only read the first chapter before, and I'm into the deeper chapters. At one time, there were six different kinds of humans existing on the planet at the same time, and it's still not completely known why Homo sapiens this is what we are, emerged and all the other ones didn't make it. But one of the genocide against my peoples, the Neanderthals.
Speaker 2: Could be.
Speaker 1: Or all kinds of different things could have happened. But one of the beliefs is, and I'd never heard this before, is Homo sapiens are the only beast that has ever existed on Earth that can believe fictions and.
Speaker 2: Fully embraced them.
Speaker 1: And I didn't quite understand what he meant by fictions when he started in on it, But he uses all different kinds of examples, for instance, and if you're a religious person, you will be bothered by him using the word fiction. But he doesn't mean fiction as in U fake as much is it something that's in your mind. I'll start with this and said before I get to religion. Money. Money is a fiction. I mean it is it is. You know, you take a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it's just a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: So you have to have all the belief that goes in with a five dollars bill of what the value of it is, how it's backed up by the US government, how it can be exchanged for something. Then you give the five dollar bill to somebody at the store who also believes the fiction of this piece of paper, and so you can trade goods and stuff like that. No other beast, probably no other human ever had the mental ability to do that, so you couldn't trade. For instance, some might prefer the term abstraction. Maybe yeah, you know, that would be better believing something or understanding it in the abstract, but yeah, what an interesting principle. Same with the idea of a nation. So Homo sapiens could and do band together over the idea of a nation, a country, a belief, a culture that's worth fighting for, and so you can get a very large number of people together to fight for it. It seems that every other animal, including apes, use the example of Sometimes apes do want to take another group of you know, apes, territory because they think they got better mangoes over there or whatever. But they can't do it more than a very large group because it's over a very specific thing, the mangoes. As opposed to being able to band together millions of people over an idea, a fiction, or whatever you want to call it, an idea of we are a nation. No animal has shown the ability to do that, and they think perhaps Neanderthals or homoerectus or any of the other humans couldn't do that. A contrast, they couldn't buy into a concept like that. So you're not going to have like West Side of the Rainforest apes kick ass mansiders.
Speaker 2: They're not even real apes.
Speaker 1: Right right, So, and the same with refuse me apes, and the same with creating a religion that you buy into that you could all band together around and protect yourself in very very large groups in a way that no other animal or human has ever been able to do. And I think that's a fascinating thing to think about. That's what separates us from all other living creatures on Earth. Perhaps that's as good definition or distinction as I have ever come across. Yeah, I thought it was amazing. I too started that book and kind of in drifted a way. I need to dive back into it. It's amazing how much is not known. That's one of the things that's really stuck out to me. There's a lot of guessing going on in that field, and many many others. Yeah. So Lex Friedman had on a guy the other day who's kind of like an out there, controversial sort of anthropologist dude who has a belief that there was a major lost civilization somewhere on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: That we haven't discovered yet.
Speaker 1: That explains the giant leap from hunter gathering to agriculture and civilization that happened simultaneously around the world kind of all of a sudden ish in historical terms. I mean, it happened over tens of thousands of years. But given the fact that were humans around for like two million years, why all of a sudden, all of a sudden, were we able to create civilization. He thinks there was a civiilation that grew very solely maybe in Antarctica, and we just have never discovered that it has existence, and it had spread around the world, but then it disappeared, was covered up with ice, and then the lost atlantiss the new idea of the way to live as humans got out there and started.
Speaker 2: I don't know who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if you've studied this stuff at all, you know that some of the ancient civilizations and cities and all are super well documented and some aren't. Some you know, it's fairly fragmentary. But clearly there was a giant city and I have not studied this much. Er was one of the first civilized areas in Iraq. I believe but it's not like a ton is known about it. So yeah, it's absolutely imaginable that there was a big, important civilization and the only records that were kept of it were over here and oh, gully of volcano just went off, wrecking the only records that have ever existed. Yeah, and it's also highly unfortunate that most of the oldest civilizations in Egypt and Iraq, and maybe the oldest civilization is in Turkey are in places where everything's so effed up that the world can't really get there and explore it in the way you could if it were like found in Nebraska speaking of certain religions. Yeah, yeah, h. Also, taking in all that information and things about these spreads of time, it, I don't know, it kind of weirds you out from a getting so worked up about your current situation. Hey. Yeah, that's another version of the land on your back and looking at the stars for twenty minutes experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I go back and forth on that one.
Speaker 1: So the so, if human beings have been modern humans have been around for let's say seventy thousand years, thinking and acting exactly like we do, and.
Speaker 2: Why are you so worried about your today day?
Speaker 1: Well, because I'm me and my kids are them, and I worry about you know, I want them to be happy and not miserable or in pain. So that seems like a pretty good reason to be concerned about it. Yeah, question of balance, I think perspective.
Speaker 2: No balance, all or nothing, one hundred percent or zero. That's the way I do it.
Speaker 1: So all of that was really interesting in thought provoking, and I thank you for bringing it to us.
Speaker 2: But what does that have to do with doctor Oz being point? That's what I was trying to avoid having the conversation.
Speaker 1: Leads doctor Oz mad days blah blah blah, pete hexeth, sexual assault, blah blah. So just briefly for those of you who don't know, and I won't go into it, but we had a personal interaction with doctor Oz that made me hate him for the rest of my life. He is a dick and I don't like him at all, But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be good at this job. I don't actually have any idea whether or not he's qualified to do this particular job.
Speaker 2: I doubt that he is because it's a running medicaid medicare.
Speaker 1: I mean, what forgive me, friends for using Jack's vocabulary. We should all be better than that, but it's possible. It takes a dick to go into those agencies and turn them around.
Speaker 2: Possible.
Speaker 1: And Oz's great sin, which offended mister Armstrong, it mostly amused.
Speaker 2: Me, but was that he came in and just tried to take control of the radio show.
Speaker 1: He was there as a guest and said, our screener will screens calls, you sit down, here's the way it's gonna go. We're like, wait a minute, no, but he just seized control.
Speaker 2: So he's a leader. He's a leader.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a leader and a dick, but apparently he is used to people saying yes, doctor Oz, yes, sir right, and he gets things that go the way he wants them to go. Oh yeah, I don't know one thing. It ain't gonna be as boring, friends, isn't that the one sin that cannot be forgiven boring? The next couple of years will be interesting. And Bremer made a decent point on his Twitter feed yesterday that before you get two worked up about a lot of these choices, confirmed or not, they won't be around long based on recent history, So whatever you know, it's not like it's for the rest of our lives or all eternity. It's probably a year or two for what it's worth. A love Linda McMahon at the Education Department. I want to talk about that because our education system in the US seriously has.
Speaker 2: It is diseased, seriously diseased.
Speaker 1: And obviously you know me. I'm on about the radicalization of our children and doctrination in schools which is horrific and horrifically inappropriate. But you know you don't even need to go there. They ain't teaching the kids to read and write, the do arithmetic. Good lord, what are what are those buildings there for? Just to keep the rain off the kids' heads. The turn has happened with college education. Polling shows that now most people realize, wait a second, it's these places are crazy. I'm not sure this is a good idea that the tide turned a lot. Where do you think we are with public school K through twelve? We still have work to do to get people to realize this is way way way off dark Sure are a lot. There are more people that ever homeschooling or doing private schools and have ever been before.
Speaker 2: COVID hastened that right, right, and and that's that's a big factor.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, there's an awareness campaign that needs to be done growing, But then the fact is that there are not the same alternatives, or the alternatives aren't as easy to take advantage of in elementary education for working families, they got little kids, they're paying their taxes. They think the government set up these schools. I want my kid to learn, you know, homeschooling, private schooling, it's expensive, van door, time consuming. Whereas I've came across another great article from this guy who counsels like the elite high school students of the Northeast who all wanted to go to the Ivy League forever, and he reaffirmed what I saw in the Wall Street Journal. We talked about a little bit. He said, Now, all the lots and lots of these kids, huge numbers of them, their parents are like, Hey, how about Georgia, how about South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, where kids go to school to learn and like drink a little beer on the weekend and try to get laid. How about that as opposed to marching in favor of Hamas all the damn time. Yeah, Plus, your future employer has not seen this campus on the evening news being nuts, right, which they assume you went to Tennessee to get a degree in whatever you got a degree in, not in radical studies. Right. Yeah, that's a good one. Hating capitalism.
Speaker 2: We've got Katie's headlines on the way and a.
Speaker 1: Lot more arstrow.
Speaker 2: Hey yetty, why a bg som?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why? Who's killing off Beg's drummers? Two Beg's drummers have died within four days.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Their original drummer and the drummer that followed him, both in their late seventies, both died in the last four days. Little strange, little too much for a coincidence. Not staying alive, not staying alive a decent point. Wow, sorry to hear that. Let's uh well, we could certainly discuss that more if you'd like, But perhaps next hour, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead, starting with Katie Green, starting.
Speaker 5: With ABC News, reports suggest Gates said over ten thousand dollars in VENMO payments to two women who testified in house probe.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so for the sancture to keep them from talking.
Speaker 1: Do we think oh? Either both It's easy to forget that prostitution is illegal virtually everywhere, and certainly in Florida. I don't know that it's easy to forget, but I'll take your word for it. Well, because everybody's concentrating on the underage or whatever. If the guy just, you know, concerts with hose, that's going to be controversial for an Attorney general appointee. I know somebody you're saying, yeah that Justice Vardon and under Biden's been crooked as hell and engaged in lawf era. I'd rather have a guy who gets with hose. They do subverts the Constitution, and it's not an unfair point from USA.
Speaker 5: Today, United States shuts kiv Imboss embassy due to quote potential significant air attack.
Speaker 1: Things are deaf heating up in the whole Russia Ukraine war. With the attack i'm's being used now and Biden announcing today the land mines putin changing is nuclear doctrine, and you know, one hundred thousand possibly North Korean troops coming. Significant majority of Ukrainians also say, hey, let's talk about negotiating and ending this thing. So everybody's sprinting to get to the best place before they sit down at the bargaining table. Yeah, we got more on that later.
Speaker 5: From the New York Times, US envoy will head to Israel, citing progress on Lemon Lebanon ceasefire.
Speaker 1: Another fun thing for the Trump administration to inherit and try to work out.
Speaker 5: From the Associated Press, fifty one year old man is charged with murder after three are stabbed in New York City rampage.
Speaker 1: God, what a heart. Yeah, and it's mentally ill. Bombed and arrested nine times this year, and they just kept turning loose and turn them loose. In a related story, Alvin braggsy about to get re elected. The stabber, the knife wielded maniac had been arrested nine times this year. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, And even Eric Adams was like, why was this guy still.
Speaker 1: On the street?
Speaker 2: You know, I think about that.
Speaker 1: And in a related story, da, Alvin Bragg's gonna get re elected? Good Lord, Manhattan, have you lost your minds?
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, American companies are stalking up to get ahead of Trump's China tariffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, building up inventories.
Speaker 5: From the Daily Mail, Biden dodges reporters and MISSUS photo ops to secure quote super lame duck status on world stage.
Speaker 2: Boy, he is that the lamest of all ducks.
Speaker 1: From NBC.
Speaker 5: Trump names former wrestling executive Linda McMahon as his pick for Education Secretary.
Speaker 1: Love the choice. We'll discuss next hour. We have your meme of the day.
Speaker 5: It's the picture of Trump and Elon and RFK Junior on the plane with the McDonald's where RFK looks super uncomfortable and it says, making sure the new gang member does drugs to make sure he's not an undercover cop.
Speaker 2: That's good, funny, perfect, And finally, the.
Speaker 5: Babylon b experts predict every liberal will soon be on their own individual social media platform to prevent encountering wrong opinions.
Speaker 2: There you go, oh boy, that's good.
Speaker 1: So how big and sprawling and ineffective is the federal government and what can be done about it? Our seam Next hour. You don't get Next hour. Grab the podcast Armstrong and Geddy on demand.