Speaker 1: Aol Zone Media. All right, it is the official it could happen here Predictions episode. And to start off here at Gear has some of our wins and some of our losses from last year's that's right.
Speaker 2: I took a peek back at our predictions of the past to see how correct we are. We got all of them right, Great job, folks, Let's continue on. No, I will say, obviously the big dub for the year goes to Sophie, who said that Kissinger would die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got that one, said, thank you for.
Speaker 4: Reminding me that I'm a genius.
Speaker 2: We all said no, there's no chance, he's too psychically powerful, but you maintained, And it turns out all we needed was a little hope.
Speaker 3: That's all we needed.
Speaker 1: Wow, I really should use these powers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't know you're going to take out next Yeah.
Speaker 4: We'll get there. Who your prediction might think? Death prediction for us?
Speaker 6: Just for.
Speaker 1: We once had a side note we once had back in the beginning times when we actually went to an office. God at at at I heard we once had a prediction of when George H. H. W.
Speaker 4: Bush was going to die. And I was also right.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, well, Sophie, now you have to be very careful which ones to guess and very careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been watching hard. I've been watching the show You, which is primarily about how being a serial killer is a great idea, and I feel I feel watching White Woman.
Speaker 1: What was.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: So that I can protect myself in case Sophie is secretly murdering people, which would just two in a row, two in a row. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: If I was, it would be in your honor.
Speaker 2: So so let's talk about two things Robert got wrong Robert. Robert said that there was a decent chance, which I think there was, but it just didn't happen that Nick Fuentes and Kanye West would die together in under some mysterious circums.
Speaker 3: I still feel like that favor Sophie. I think we I still think we got a shot.
Speaker 2: I honestly I think so too, but it didn't happen last year. The other thing Robert predicted is that there would be a SKA total supremacy that obviously didn't happen.
Speaker 3: That that happened, I'm sorry that happened. Did you miss me informing Cody Johnston about the Mighty Mighty Bosstones George Floyd album this year, because I did and it was amazing.
Speaker 4: You unfortunately did and if you have.
Speaker 5: One of the worst things happened to human.
Speaker 1: Guns, yes please continue its.
Speaker 2: Mia predicted that there would be kind of a new sort of like DeSantis style republican challenger approaching. I think Ramswami perfectly fits the sort of thing that Mea was talking about, and this is the kind of new figure that enters politics.
Speaker 1: But he also kind of gives Andrew Yang and away as well.
Speaker 3: Sure sure, sure, yeah, yeah, he's he's the fascist Andrew Yang.
Speaker 1: He's fascist Andrew Yang, and he's insufferable. He's in fucking insufferable. Yeah, yeah, massive, so fucking insufferable.
Speaker 2: Mea also predicted that Mike Pence would try to run for president. The rest of us disagreed, and Nea was proving.
Speaker 3: Was easy for fifty percent on that. I don't know how much we'd say he really ran for president.
Speaker 1: She jogged at most, and then he realized the only person that would vote for him was mother. And then he was like.
Speaker 3: I don't think she would. Yeah, I think she'll say she will, but she's gonna she's gonna pull the lever for Trump at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some deaths. Mia said that Nom Chansky would die. Sharen said Joe Biden would die.
Speaker 7: I think although they didn't physically die, I'm sure the last vestige of their life respectability, so that basically counts right. Basically, they torpedoed all the the last bit of like uh respect they had.
Speaker 2: For for for people who would typically be aligned with them.
Speaker 8: Roughly, Biden has just been he's looked like he's on death Death's door for forever.
Speaker 2: I similarly thought that Stephen Crowder was gonna die and instead he just he just kind of metaphorically died because he made up a series of horrible business decisions and now is ostracized from much of the online right. So that's cool now. The one that Sophie's upset about is that she she wanted Crypto dot Com to lose the name of the arena instead instead the Mihami instead, the Miami Heat Arena is no longer called the FTX Arena.
Speaker 4: I'm happy about that as well.
Speaker 2: Crypto dot Com is still holding strong, So so there.
Speaker 1: We go, and I take that very personally, and it is Staple Center. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Now, I will say that's I feel like I'm going to roll that prediction to the next year.
Speaker 4: So yeah, let's run.
Speaker 3: You've a roll.
Speaker 1: Let's roll that up.
Speaker 4: Biden death prediction as well.
Speaker 2: James James said that there'd be more immigration bullshit, which obviously happened as James has been covering that most of this last year. Also, James said that Twitter would die, which is true because it's no longer Twitter.
Speaker 3: It's no longer Twitter correct, It's just like it's just like how Henry Kissinger changed his name.
Speaker 5: So true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I will say the most impressive kind of niche prediction is the last one came from Scharen oh Charene said that there would be the return of the flip phone, and searches for flip phones were up fifteen thousand percent last year among jung z and millennials, and foldable phones sold forty four percent more compared to twenty twenty two. So three really really was the return of the flip So there we go.
Speaker 8: I think it's going to continue because of what's happening, it will go and all the tension that's going on over there, I think we're going to continue seeing a switch away from iPhones.
Speaker 2: So that's that's proof of why we are all completely trustworthy and never.
Speaker 1: Want And what were you wrong about, Garrison?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you really skipped over.
Speaker 2: I thought that Harry Styles would would there to be some damning information that come out and he would just plummet. Unfortunately that didn't happen. The Styles is still is still hanging in there, so here's to hopin.
Speaker 3: Hey, so Sophie's favorite musician, not.
Speaker 1: My favorite musician, but it puts on a good shop.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Predictions for this next year, Oh wait, I need to take one. I need to take one other l which is that I significantly overestimated my countrymen, and I thought that we'd see another wave of revolts from people dying from COVID China, and we didn't. I don't know why country bed suck ass like everyone else.
Speaker 3: That's because that's because COVID is not real.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's uh, let's let's blaze past that one.
Speaker 1: And when we get back, when we get back from this uh this break, we're gonna we're gonna start going through some predictions.
Speaker 6: And we are back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's why I just don't really think the vaccines were it.
Speaker 2: So twenty twenty four is an election year, obviously, so there will be some election related predictions. Let's do I don't want to immediately just go to like who's gonna win. Let's do some v pics. Yeah, let's let's do some VP picks, because this is this is gonna be a Joe Biden versus Trump race, right like, unless one of them drops dead before November.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 3: Chance of ideally murder suicide, that's that's my hope for them for once.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with Robert, But do we think that Kamala Harris is gonna it's gonna it's gonna stick in? Yeh, the the Democrat VP spots.
Speaker 3: God, so it's hard to imagine she wouldn't. She's a dog ship candidate. Like, yeah, their best the best person I think they could run is Whitmer. Like if I'm if I'm like war gaming the Democratic Party trying to give him the best shot. It's throwing Witmer in.
Speaker 1: But Joe Biden wouldn't. At least you make a really fucked up Joe. It's gonna he's gonna stick. He's gonna stick with Kamala for sure. Yes, yeah, because there's definitely better that It's like definitely, I wouldn't say better, there's definitely like more strategic people that but I mean, if we were going by strategy, we wouldn't the Democrat I mean we are, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be Biden Trump again, if we were going by what's best for the country.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: As for Trump, last year, I said that I think herschel Walker could be a potential of VP PAN.
Speaker 4: Which I think is still true, but not as.
Speaker 2: Not as much as it used to be.
Speaker 9: Trump Trump would become the third organization to become completely screwed by picking herschel Walker, Like three executive organizations have bet everything on herschel Walker had lost.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest thing is that is that Trump doesn't like losers, and herschel Walker is kind of only ever lost. Now, obviously we've talked about this before. The vech Ramaswami's is maybe a potential, but he could be too loud for Trump. He could kind of steal, doesn't steal too much of the spotlight.
Speaker 1: He's not sure the attention. Okay, does each person want to yea, does each person want to go around. Let's go around the horn. So, so, Garrison, who is your pick?
Speaker 2: I mean, I was mostly tossing between the Veck and Hersha Walker, but I it's I'm not confident in either of those. But there's there's no other names that really come to mind, because most of the other people on the debate stage either were too hostile to Trump or just didn't seem like people Trump would really get behind.
Speaker 9: M Yeah, I think Bobby Kennedy, Mmm, I think you could actually do it. I think Okay. Admittedly, admittedly, my biggest reason for thinking this is not actual political analysis is that we live in the dumbest of all possible world. The dumbest world is Bobby Kennedy.
Speaker 5: That is that.
Speaker 2: That is true, this is this is the dumbest timeline.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe Nicky Haley if he can overcome like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Haley Haley's been kind of not like attacking Trump fully, but she has not been super pro Trump on this stage. I think she may have alienated him too much. I was also thinking, like, you know, who's like, uh more like a docile woman that Trump would want to run beside.
Speaker 8: But yeah, but nick Haley has has the reach that does I think him and like everyone is against every candidate until they're picked for fucking VP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that there's there's several different people that he could pick. He could pick uh, Carrie Lake. He could pick Sarah Huckabye Sanders. He could pick oh Man, what is that governor's name, Christie, Yes, I think, thank you, thank you. He could pick Christine nos But like there's if he's gonna go woman, he's gonna go I think one of those three because I think he's already bad mouth. He's already bad mouthed Nikki Hayley enough. But I think I think what's what people are forgetting is he might just pick somebody that he knows won't turn on him.
Speaker 4: He might just pick his fucking daughter, like I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, I was gonna say, actually his I mean he might. He might. He might pick Jared Gushner, the cush Bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get that Trump. That's the fucking election I want.
Speaker 4: Robert, do you have a pick?
Speaker 3: I mean, I suspect he's that Biden and fucking Harris are going to run. Although you know, again, if I'm talking about who I think actually would be the smart pick for the dims, it's Whitmer and or Andy Basheer, who's the Democratic governor of Kentucky, super popular, like really good at talking to kind of working class voters, has been successful in a red state. We're in this weird situation where almost anyone kind of assides Kamala Harris who were to run against Trump would win easily. And if Trump were to be replaced by like Nicki Hayley, she would just absolutely pants bien. This is what this is what all of the data shows at the moment. So we're in this really odd moment of like we have. It's like it's the opposite of the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. It's like the very mobile object meeting the very light force. They're both just sort of sliding around the room.
Speaker 2: Cough coughing baby versus coughing baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's two babies with tuberculosis in a steel cage while Joe Rogan narrates the fight, which I would watch a country. So I don't know, I don't know who the fuck Trump is going to pick. Yeah, probably probably his daughter Jacobs. He might, you know, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be wildly shocked if he were to go with, oh, christ, what's her name? She ran as a Democrat last time?
Speaker 5: But to Gabbard, I did think about that too. She's fucking mental now, she's she's been out of her mind.
Speaker 3: I think shocked. I think that's she's a regular Fox News contributor. Yeah. I think he doesn't want someone who is like.
Speaker 1: He hates Fox News now.
Speaker 5: Theolarity until they evaked him.
Speaker 3: He needs unpopular enough that I think Trump might see him as a loser. Tolci's not a loser. She's also not a threat to him being in the spotlight, and he he might decide to roll those bones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did think about that.
Speaker 1: All right, do we do we want to switch over to another category? Gear?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Does anybody have a general prediction that they would like to share?
Speaker 3: Sure? I think a daily wire host is gonna.
Speaker 2: Have something funny happened to them, any anything related to Based on how much like there's gonna be probably a whole bunch of rallies being in twenty twenty four in the lead it to the election, I think there can be a lot more on the ground stuff that than there was in twenty twenty three. I think animosity has only really risen these past three years, and I think that we could see the return of pieing as a as a as a widespread tactic.
Speaker 3: Got got from your mouth to God's er scarce?
Speaker 5: So you can you can?
Speaker 4: You can put that one together, all right, I'll go.
Speaker 1: My prediction is a two part and it falls under the Kim ye Oh my first. My first prediction is uga that Kanye. People are going to forget. People are going to forget he's going to put out a new album and people because he's already started to like do the thing that Kanye does where he plays plays an album at a random club and or plays a listening party event. And yeah, people are going to forget. He's gonna He's gonna do that. And then Kim has been hanging out with Avanka a lot, and she is almost law school, and I think she is going to have some kind of a feeler into.
Speaker 4: The field of politics this year. Oh my god, what if she's VP.
Speaker 1: I actually, oh my god, that thought actually did go through my brain.
Speaker 3: But I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think she's there yet.
Speaker 3: But we are not ready. We are not ready for a Trump Kardashian ticket.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I am moving.
Speaker 3: I am moving back to Canada. That's simply not happening.
Speaker 1: The reality TV ticket would be, you know, just so America of us, this is the worst.
Speaker 5: Then Trump would have to notice the Armenian genocide make relations with Turkey very difficult.
Speaker 3: That was she would vice presidency would be very good for our Meenia.
Speaker 5: It would for the goods, would be amazing. But like but like fasting the YPJ.
Speaker 1: Since since Trump's been out of office, Ivanka kind of went underground, and you know, most people have not been seen with her. And in the last couple months, she has been photographed with Kim. Kim has posted her. They've been doing things together, they've been coordinating outfits. It's yeah, And so I think we might see some kind of thing between the two of them there, or Kim is going to start making her way into a political career of some kind. Yeah, although I do think that not. You know, some of the work that she's done helping getting innocent folks out of prison has been pretty dope. I will say, Yeah, that is my prediction.
Speaker 3: The Kim ye I hate this country.
Speaker 5: I think we probably will go back. We just did this episode spoiler we're recording in twenty thirty three. I predict that by this time next year we will probably go back to something approaching title forty two unfortunately, which will be terrible given that, like as Robert said, kind of we're seeing increased conflicts all over the world, people are coming here, they won't be able to that will have massively destabilizing influence on Mexico as it did last time, an impact on Mexico. I'm also really what my concern prediction this year is violence against migrants in places where they're extremely vulnerable as we go through the election cycle, which will never to be demonize them from both fucking parties. So like that's become a really big especially with this stupid practice of buzzing people across the country and then dumping them onto the streets like that. That's my big concern for twenty four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what, fuck it, I can be wrong, all right. So this is my this is my my a thing that I've been waiting for to happen. That's going to be one of the just most one of the worst things that's gonna happen eventually at some point. This is gonna happen. We're going to get an attempt by the Republicans to seriously come after interracial marriage, and it is going to form the most insane political coalitions you have ever heard of in your entire life. It is going to be like this nightmare word coalition of just like the open white supremacists, the like Asian MRA people, a bunch of like you're gonna see a bunch of these completely deranged like career like like nominally left wing Korean at the nationalist groups. You're gonna see like the like Andrew Tate people. There's gonna be this, It's gonna have this this just absolute nightmare or coalition behind it. It probably won't work, but it is going to be one of the worst things. And I don't know if I I hope it doesn't happen next year, but I think I think the election year, someone could actually decide that this is going to be the time they're going to try to do it.
Speaker 3: That is this sort of shit that when I think about, like what could upset the election in Joe Biden's favor, it would be the Republicans launching a crusade like that, like too hard, too fast, Yeah, and on something that like everyone up until the moment it happens, would assume was just not up for debate, right, Like, I don't know, it might happen if they let go after gay marriage, but everyone's kind of braced for that. If they were if they were to launch a crusade against interracial marriage, Yeah, that is the kind of thing that might might just sink them. Everyone might just go, well, I guess we have to for Biden again because this is just out of its mind.
Speaker 2: I mean, one thing that Republicans have been talking more about, and I think it's maybe possible that there'll be one or two states that actually moves on this, is abolishing no fault divorce. I think that is something that could happen in like one or two red states this year. I don't know how much that would actually impact national elections, but that is something I think the Republicans are starting to focus more on.
Speaker 3: Specifically, like Republican media influencers, largely because they all have had their wives leave them.
Speaker 8: Charini hmm, well, yeah, I do think that flip flip phones are going to continue being the.
Speaker 5: Popular, especially dumbling down.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm first of all, I was right Second of all, I have a couple of ones I hope aren't true, but I think they will be.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: I have a feeling that and I think there's gonna be something similar to the Muslim band but in specific, like about Palaesi in Israel. I think that there's gonna be something scary that targets and entire people that I don't want to be true, but it just feels like we're going up that route.
Speaker 4: So I feel like there's gonna I have.
Speaker 9: I have a thing about what that's gonna be. I think I think what's gonna be in this thing we've been seeing in Florida, there's going to be a giant push to ban Chinese citizens of voting property because this is this is already happening in Florida. There's there's been this whole and like like like Florida's right now in the process of doing this thing where they're trying to prevent people who spent like one year in uh in China from like being a universities.
Speaker 4: I think it's going.
Speaker 9: To be this giant like they're they're they're going to do one of these like Chinese people can own property things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't know that that's really unsettling.
Speaker 5: They're closer than you would think to already doing a version of a Muslim band not targeting Palestine.
Speaker 3: But well, and Trump has promised in countries that's what.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, that's it happened before, Like, why wouldn't it happen again. It just feels really unsettling that it's that's the possibility of it happening again.
Speaker 3: Well, and Trump has promised that if he wins again, where he's moving straight to deportation of Muslims, Like, I think we will like that that he's he said that that's what we're going to do. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I also think that there's going to be an uproar about a historical figure who is white being played by a black person. Another another one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's like every week already, it's already starting. Charene, you are correct, because next year, what Denzel is going to be planning playing Hannibal Barka in a movie about the Second Punic War, which any person who is not out of their mind is like, that's inspired. He's the best possible person playing that guy. But it's going to piss off a bunch of people, even though, even James.
Speaker 1: But you were the one who listened to that James Bond.
Speaker 9: Podcast, right, kill James Bond the name of the podcast. Yeah, okay, I just gotta say this, tea girl, James Bond. It would set the world on fire. It would be the funniest thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 5: Yes, do it?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, at least that. Yeah, the civil wolve will begin because of trans James Bond. First, so true, so true.
Speaker 3: I see. I take a different tact, which is that we should find the most Cajun man alive and finally give the people what they want, which is Cajun James Bond. I mean that would also go hard, like James Bond making a like instead of instead of a Martini shaken not stir, and he likes a nice ETU fe like, come on, let's do it, let's let's be heroes.
Speaker 2: I I know we wanted to close with the with the with the death segment. I think because of Kissinger, we already took so many dubs there that I one thing that is on my mind is surely it's possible there'll be more kind of protests, popular mobilizations like this summer before the election, but I'm more interested in what's gonna happen after the election, because no matter who wins, which either I already don't have a strong feeling one way or another, there's potentials for Obviously, if Trump wins, I think they'll be.
Speaker 1: Massive another January sixth type event.
Speaker 5: If pussy hats are gonna come back. If Trump wins, there will be that's my prediction. They'll be like probably at least two strong weeks of intense rioting across the country. Yeah, I think we'll see more firm suppression than we did in twenty twenty in a lot of cases, which will be interesting because at this point Biden will still be technically in charge, but everyone's going to treat it like it's a Trump problem. If Biden wins, are we going to get stopped the still too? Or will a second or will or will a second defeat in a row almost be more of like a deathknel for this sort of like mega mobilization.
Speaker 2: I get that. I think that that's also a possibility that two losses in a row could just just like disillusion a whole bunch of people who otherwise kind of want to do a stop the still too.
Speaker 3: But it may just it may just not happen.
Speaker 1: We literally can we can't. We can't. Let pick more, judge.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what will happen is because I am aware of the predictive programming that the Obamas have been putting out movie Leave the world behind. We're gonna we're gonna have a military coup and they're going to use the Havana syndrome gun to make while they while they re you know, fix fix politics one way or the other. Don't know which side is going to do it, but somebody's gonna drop the Havana syndrome gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's take a quick break and come back with our death predictions. How does that sound?
Speaker 6: Everybody, and we're back, Robert.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna die? Who's gonna die? Robert Roberts.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what my pick this year is, everybody, I think this is the year we all get it. I think, uh, somebody's gonna push push the button and finally, finally, the world's atomic stockpile will bring us all sweet release.
Speaker 2: Okay, my my serious prediction, I think Putin will be assassinated.
Speaker 6: Oh that'd be.
Speaker 4: Cool, dude.
Speaker 8: I was going to say, I have a feeling that there's going to be some type of assassination that will like rock the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, decent chance of sad eats it. Still, I think, God, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Only reason I wouldn't say that that's like the guy I most want to see die in the world and probably won't be until he does. But like aired one's up there. But asad just nobody, nobody else has that body count right now.
Speaker 4: But no one can touch him.
Speaker 8: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Baby, that's the thing. Baby's going for it. But still he's got to kill. I mean, like like that, I I just don't know he's he's a survivor unfortunately, like you have to, you do kind of have to acknowledge that about him, Like he's he's pretty good at not getting killed so far. I just don't know whereas like Putin hasn't really been tested this way yet, and I I do kind of think, yeah, I think that there's there's a chance. I don't know that, I think it's a high chance.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I mean I think every day we get close and closer to when Elon Musk overdose. Well we have and all and our own lives so so true.
Speaker 5: Cham Yeah, my prediction is that, with the will of God, Morrissey will finally fucking die and rid us if he's annoying bullshit?
Speaker 1: Because wow, not that, that is not what I was expecting, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in chill out, we will see the end of Morrissey this year. Friends, has everybody?
Speaker 1: Has everybody gone? Because is it my turn with my with my power?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really I'm not saying Marcyrick. I really thought about this, and it's time. It's time, David, miss Gabbage, it's fucking time.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, maybe from the person who predicted Kissinger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and someone else. She picked someone else? Right, who else did you get, Sophy?
Speaker 1: I don't know who else did I get?
Speaker 3: I I don't have anything you said something.
Speaker 4: About when you were in the office, Oh, George H. W.
Speaker 5: Bush.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah, we could be two for two here.
Speaker 1: So but uh, but I think I think it's a it's gonna be a mis Scabbage, but you know, but you know, I'll just jump into another body.
Speaker 8: But you know what, I wish, This is a wish that I don't think will come true. But uh, McConnell, well, I think I mean that seems like a circuit in front of a camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we we have he will die live on TV. When I feel like.
Speaker 2: We have seen the android flip on and off multiple times, I think it's very clear that one day he just won't boot back up.
Speaker 3: She could die too. I think I think McConnell's gonna die the way he lived with fentanyl that got snuck into his heroin. You know, that's that's just I think.
Speaker 1: On that note, Bye bye, are you free? We're free?
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 1: It could Happen here as a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from cool Zone.
Speaker 1: Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It Could Happen Here, updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.