Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club morning, everybody is d j n V just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club along the roaster feeling And for Jess, we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 2: Thanks, gentlemen. She's back, Miss Teslin figure Oh, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, Hello, are you feeling good morning? Good morning? Good morning? Lord?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling this?
Speaker 4: Feeling good? I am, I'm really feeling good. It's good to be back back with family. Chopped up. Which y'all drop some dimes, named some names.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, here to get well.
Speaker 4: We're dropping dimes on test, dropping downs on everybody from top to bottom.
Speaker 2: Let's start right off with the president presidential election. Why did V P. Harris lose?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I should have rolled my white board that many yeah, that many yeah. And the reason why it's important, I literally have my stuff in order because a lot of people MV said, you know, she lost because of this reason. She lost because of that. And it's really in the Midwest. The tornado requires water, humidity, when you know multiple things, it's not one reason. And when I hear people saying, you know, oh, if he just did better, with the messaging or if they did better with the media. I've really kind of put together a list of flowchart on how basically a colossal fuck up from top to bottom. So you're doing, yeah, we're doing optops, we're doing to pull out tops. So if we just really take it from the top, as we all said, Joe Biden should have never ran. We have to first, you know, start there. Should have never ran. He said it was a one time, it was gonna be a one term president. We talked about it multiple times. He actually volunteered that life to say, hey, I'm only going to run one term. I'm coming in just to stop Trump immediately. Then they should have started building a base immediately right out the gate. Trump was still campaigning this entire time. We talked about it. We talked about how it was constant rallies, constant organizing. You and I talked about it on the Van Jones Show. We're saying, you guys really have to continue the organizing year round. And that's why I blame a lot of the people at the top who have the ear of the you know, of the candidates and Campaignton's because they've been told this multiple multiple times so it should have found a white man right then and there. Who was going to be next in line to build a white man, a white man, absolutely young white man, right then and there. And it's not Governor Newso, by the way, a lot of people keep saying that govern Newson will get swamped.
Speaker 2: So did think Kamala was gonna win? No, right at the game? No, no, no, question's a black woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, so that that's number three. So let's first get that. So they should have establish a bitch and didn't do that. Governor knew somebody just want to put that out there. A lot of people like him, great debater, he would have got swamped. You have to remember he literally passed to be O K through twelve to have shared bathroom to a gender. So imagine what conservatives would have did with that all over the nation, the homelessness and all of that. So then, yes, number three, America was not going to vote for a woman of color period. And know, in the history of black women and white women allyship a leeged allyship, I have never known a white woman to give a job to a woman of color before they got it. That includes even McDonald's on fries, just not gonna have you ever if a white woman ever said you know what, I think you're more qualified, go ahead and take it. They didn't give it to Hillary Clinton. They were not going to give it to her. I know there was hope. I know you talked about, you know, believing in us, but it was never about us believing in us. It was about us knowing them. It's not about being qualified. This was when it came down to saying, they didn't give it to Hillary Clinton, why would they give it to Harris? So that was to me an era right out the gate. But we had no choice because Biden.
Speaker 5: I think Kamalot as a black woman is the only read well first of all two things the last two elections, the Democratic Party need to be thinking black women, right, because if it wasn't for Jim Clyde Burn telling Joe Biden, hey, I'm not endorsing you unless you promise that you're gonna put a black woman on the Supreme Court, I'm not endorsing you. So that's what made him endorse Joe Biden. He went South Carolina and changed the complexion of his campaign. If it wasn't for Kamala Harris in twenty twenty I think a lot of us wouldn't have went out there and voted for President Biden.
Speaker 1: I didn' vote for Psident Biden. I voted Vice presid Kamala Harss.
Speaker 5: I also think in twenty twenty four, when you look at the fact that Joe Biden's presidency was dead, like completely dead in the water, and Kamala Harris came to the top of the ticket, raised all of this money, ended up having the second most votes of any Democratic nominee ever with seventy four million votes.
Speaker 1: I think that only happens because she's a black one.
Speaker 4: Well, two things can be true at the same time. There can be some positives that came with that, but there also can be some negatives. Where we look at the data, we don't have to guess. We looked at where white women aligned, We looked at where the Latino community aligned. We looked at the bottom line data.
Speaker 1: This show Latino men was that was a surprise?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why was it a surprise? No, No, Latinos have always fifty fifty. They've always When you look at one, you know, I organized for the Bernie Sanders campaign in Michigan. I was the only black woman on the ground in twenty fifteen to helped lift that state. Latino community has always been divided. When you look at Florida and you look at the Cuban community, they've always went conservative. When you look at the Bernie Sanders the left side the California, they always go left. They have always strategied, and I ain't mad about it. They've always strategically been able to have leverage because they go fifty to fifty. You remember when Joe Biden told black leaders when he won, right after you said yeah, right in you said, I owe you black people. Remember when they had the meeting and they leaked the tapes in front of the Al Sharpton and all them and say, y'all need to go follow the Latino community because they're the ones that have the leverage. So I'm not mad at it, but we need to talk about it for what it is. There might be a black and brown coalition in New York. You know, I've talked about that all the time, but when you're talking about the set that changed too, they're moving over. When you talk about the South, when you talk about the Midwest, and particularly when we talk about the West, there is no black brown coalition and it's okay for people to vote their interests. Also, got news for you, black men are conservative. Doing my Joe Biden whisper black people are conservative. I don't know why people want to keep, you know, making that not an issue. So when you're talking about black men and you're talking about other black black people with a majority of the country in the South, majority of moderate I know progressives want to sell a different story. But black people, for the most part of Martyr and a lot of them lean conservative. Were gonna get into that when we get into the messaging. But let's just kind of go back a little bit. I agreed that there was some positives to it, but when it came down to it, when we looked at race, white women, to me, just like they did in the midterm, just like they did when they were with Obama. Then they went with Trump, and then they went back to Democrats in the mid terms, and then they flipped back. When you're talking about white supremacy and talking about positioning like what they did with the women suffrage movement, I just didn't see them doing it for a black woman over them. They didn't do it with Hillary Clinton, the only person that ever beat Donald Trump is Joe Biden, and I agree with, but.
Speaker 5: White women voting for Clinton fifty five percent voting for Biden. So the white women been showing out white women, White women have showed three elections well.
Speaker 4: But but they were also comfortable with Joe Biden. Let's remember Joe Biden is one of them.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to what fifty five percent of white women voted for Trump over Biden.
Speaker 4: Right to align with white supremacy to a lot, because this is about white supremacy. This is about would they rather have their household ahead of you as as a black man, their husbands. That's exactly something's wrong and people need to stop these pundents. Get them another They went against their own interest. No, their interest is their household. Your interest is your interest. My interest is my interest. When I keep hearing people say that they went against their own interests, no, they've actually aligned with their interest, which is white man, white woman, black man, black woman. That's the order, that's how it is. Black people on the side, check bottom line. We need to just accept that. I know we want to say black girl, imagine over, we want to say oh, because black this and that black women can't save this country. We need to stop selling that dream. Let's get in position and understand what we can do, which is why I was talking about the local and state level, and stop trying to sell this timeshare scam because to me, it was a timeshair scam. I agree with you that there was really no other choice because Joe Biden was trash. We get that he was trash. So once they said, okay, let's rally around Harris. Now she's a Democratic nominee. Okay, so cool, we're with that. Black women raised thirty million dollars after Gate. Black men raised thirty million ours Gate. So now we're having to deal with who dropped this bag? Who dropped this billion dollar bag? And that's the issue when we get into how they spent the money. I didn't think she had a chance in hell. But once you decided to move forward, okay, so what do we do with the money? Black voters? They lost Black voters across the board. That across the board makes a difference when you're talking about Michigan, makes a difference in North Carolin. So that's where we're getting to your concern where you talk about messaging, where the messaging was all wrong.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about the money.
Speaker 3: Is it normal for candidates to give so much money to quote unquote entertainment when you're seeing that they paid this person to speak and this person to have that back. Is that normal when it comes to politics?
Speaker 1: Who did they pay to speak?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Well, allegedly, we'll say any people speak, you.
Speaker 4: Get to pay the speed. But the money that it took to get the set up, the advanced team, the entertainment. So let's go back a little bit. One hundred days was impossible even for a white man. In my opinion, I just want to go back to one hundred days. Running a campaign was damn near impossible for anybody in particularly a woman of color. So now we're in this one hundred day thing. In order to get people to come out, we do use entertainers, and I push back on people say don't use entertainers. It's important killer Mike talks about it all the time. We need entertainers to mobilize. When you're trying to get that standfield the twenty thirty thousand people, you have three days to do it. We actually need our entertainers. The problem, though, env is the entertainers not necessarily being aligned with organizers on how to use their voice throughout the year. I would love to see pliers like work when an organizer throughout the year, not just election season, so that we can continue to have this conversation. So I don't want to shit on entertainments. We need them. But when you have one hundred days and you're spending more on entertainment setups and not on the ground, and you have organizations like until Freedom to make the matter they got and again we can look at the numbers. The numbers are available online, guy, So this ain't making it up. When you're giving organizations like that one hundred and fifty thousand dollars and telling them we'll make it do what to do, that's a problem. No war is won by just the air force. I'm an Air Force veteran. You need the air force. Yes, you need the big entertainers, you need the media, you need the podcast that's the air. But you also need the ground, you need marines, and you need the army. And they bottom line, took black voters for granted, like we've been talking about for years. They figure, well, you know she's black, so that'll be fine. They literally shit it on organizations one hundred year organizations got seventy five thousand dollars, one hundred thousand dollars. One hundred black men. I believe they got like seventy five thousand, hundred thousand dollars. So what is that saying on how you're trying to organiz, you know, with black men. So that's an issue when we talk about this billion dollar back, and not just because of now envy, but also the infrastructure that we're trying to build. So midterms in March, and I'm independent, so I'm just giving you know what it looks like to build this house. You need this money flowing year round. They're trying to build now. So your opponent is over building a house with adding on, swimming pools, adding on garages, adding on all this and then they come give the money two three weeks before the election is over. Before the election, Black organizations did not get money until three weeks before. Literally they told the churches, yeah, nothing they can do with it, and then saying we're here, go two hundred thousand dollars. Make a doe to do. And what I found this time is the gatekeepers got gate kept because the streets was never getting the money. So when they were calling me dropping dives, hot tests, and we only got these only at that last time, we got a lot of money. I said, I'm here to tell the streets and never got any of it. But now as the gatekeepers got gate kept for the first time, Derrick Johnson literally calling out the campaign in an article saying, you guys are not spending money with black media. You're not money on the ground. We are literally starving. Most of these organizations had to use this money on their own, and that makes a difference when you're talking about getting out the vote.
Speaker 2: Trump didn't use his money as much for entertainers.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't at all. Well, he doesn't get a lot of earned media get a lot of earn men. Also, Trump has been organizing and he's never stopped for ten years, non stop. When you have a rally every month, when you're engaging people every month, when he's using social media, when he's using truth, he's okay, Twitter, you don't want to work with me, cool, I I'll just go start my own. He has a non stop organizing machine that democrats just don't do. They don't develop those relationships. They come in, Okay, we got six months, let's make it do what to do. So this is the result, and so people can say, well, that's just ten percent, that's just one percent, But when you add up those numbers across the board, it makes a difference. And I also want to say this, Black Conservitives, I want us to have more leverage. I also want us to have more positioning within the Republican Party if you're going to move over to the Publican side, whereas our leadership, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when it comes to that, she run again? Can Kamala Harris run again?
Speaker 1: Let's get through our points.
Speaker 6: Way before you go to the next thing. I have a question because it's about what you're talking about. So you saw Candis Owens going back and forth Miss Tina knows about Beyonce and Beyonce being involved in the rally in Houston to the point that Cannis was making it's kind of what you're saying. Do you think that how do you utilize a major celebrity like a Beyonce because she's not going to be on the ground, and what should Kamala Harris's campaign have done better utilizing a big celebrity of that nature, because she's getting dragged for it because they're saying it looks unauthentic, and Cand's owns is saying it looks unauthentic and this is why you didn't win. But Beyonce is not going to be outside like you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like they filled the stadium in Houston to Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to feel the stadium. And I'm an organizer first before I'm a pundits. So when we use people like that to tell Hooy never knocked on our doors, I kind of discredit what they're saying. She has to find talking points to talk about her opponent, period, point blank. When it comes to Canis owns, I use Killing Mike as an example. You know our brother Killer Mike. He's an organizer first. He's always been an organizer before he was a rapper before, Daniels says, he's an organizer. So when you go to Atlanta, Georgia, and you don't call Killer Mike to take you to the same spots that they took, the same Chick fil A that they took Trump to, the same the West side of Atlanta had zero signs on the ground. When you don't utilize a Killer Mike. They got barbershops all throughout Atlanta, and he's literally made himself available.
Speaker 5: You could have been sitting in a bank HC Food right by the way. And to Ted's point, Killer Mike did make himself available.
Speaker 4: He made himself a fact. This is a fact. And you shit on that and you think that's not important. When an organizer who literally has him and Tip has literally put mayors in office, that's telling me how you feel about your black outreach. Oh, they'll just do it because she's black. Well, I got news for you. The black vote went the opposite direction. It went the opposite direction because people are getting tired of being taken advantage of. They're being tired of not having this conversation year around Charlemagne. And so when you guys did I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. When you did the thing in Michigan, Yeah, Zeke new Ara of Detroit sitting right there in the things. I asked them, Hey, campaign have reached out toll you me laughing, said no, he said none. To me. You can't organize in Detroit and not think you need to talk to a Zeke or a new Ara of Detroit. That man not only is organized in Detroit, all over the country. So when you think that people are just going to do it just because thirty three percent of Detroit is living below the poverty line. So what is that telling you? You had Rashida to leave, who organized the Arab American community that literally voted for Trump. Literally, Dearborn voted for Trump. And then you had the black vote that was depressed, meaning just not even interested, saying fuck it, you know the government, it's hurting my pocket.
Speaker 1: Voted for Trump.
Speaker 4: Dear Born. Well, you know they had the one hundred thousand. They had one hundred thousand people go to the point, this ain't being talked to about enough. One hundred thousand people went to the polls to say we are uncommitted. Remember she just sleep literally did a video and said, Joe Biden, we ain't fucking with you until there's a ceasefire. We ain't fucking with you. That was doing the primary. Your number one opponent was a Democrat elected official in Michigan that was literally basically telling voters sort to sit out and had them go to the polls to vote I am uncommitted. So that same Dearborn, which she represents, she represents Detroit as well, Dearborn voted for Trump. You look at that, you look at the two three percent of of the black votes. They couldn't get out of Detroit. So now you're talking about how you can win Michigan. Those are the things, you know, the people are not looking at. And Michigan had a lot of leverage, but he won all swing states, you know, so it wasn't just Michigan. But that's a real problem. You got black people starving in Detroit. You got Dearborn asking for ceasefire. You got the labor union and this is how we won Michigan with Bernie Sanders. You got the labor union. They won't strike all last year and the year before that, so those people were pissed. You have the college students who were also pushing you know, anti war and removed college debt was an issue. So those four or five constituents in Michigan made the difference on why you lost. So it was a number of things, you know, it's not just one thing over the other. It's a number of things.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: The podcast was important. It is important to have podcasts. It is important to be able to reach thirty million people at one time. But if you're doing that and you're telling organizations like Until Freedom are organization similar that here go one hundred thousand, and you need to go to seven states and make it work. When you have the Church of God in Christ. Think they got one thousand, two hundred thousand and said, hey, go go make a do what to do? It was impossible?
Speaker 5: You know what I'd like to see. I agree, you know, I think you got to hit them both right. You got to have a ground game, man, you got to have a mean digital game. I would like to see some of the grassroots activists on the ground. I would like to see them start adapting the social media as well, because I feel like those organizations need it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, the partnership. It's not just you know one thing. I think a report today said one in every three people get their news with social media. I think it's actually higher than that. So we're not partnering in social media and having that ground game to be you know, to double it up. It's dead in the water. But you still have to have people knocking on those doors. And bottom line, they should have just bought boats at this point when you got one hundred days, some of these nonprofits that are out here, somebody in Detroit, you could have funded them. You could have the same way Trump had Kwame Kapatrick, you know, the same way they had Harry O. People, Oh what Harry Old doing? That make a difference. So people was looking for partons in clemencies and all that Democrats have pardoned far more than Republicans have. I asked Governor Westmore, why are you not talking about I think it was what close to two hundred thousand people that he partoned for marijuana. Why are y'all not talking about that? Why is that not something y'all talking about? So when Trump brings a trick trick from Detroit and people don't shave room, Who's trick trick?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, where is Detroit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Damn well, who trick trick is? So when people see that, they're like, well, shit, I don't know what to believe that one two percent of falling off makes a difference. Trump capitalized on the lost man, something I've been talking about for fifteen years straight, the hood, which were the lost man, men who felt like they were not being heard, people who felt like they were not being understood. Again, I'm talking to civic about black people. I'm not talking about this working ass because that translates to white working class. I'm talking about black people who felt like they were not being heard, were not being understood, and Trump capitalized on that. People asked, oh, why did he use Ambrose? Well, guess what she's from where?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: That's a swing state, So you don't have to like his shave room. But that was very strategic. It made sense to have ice worar Vesso, you know in Detroit, even though in the shave room, who is he? I don't know? He is Detroit. That one or two percent made a difference. Why didn't you reach out to Kawomei Capatrick because he a fela? Is that why you don't think it was important to at least, if nothing else, minimize your enemy. There's two things you do in a campaign. Minimize your enemy, maximize your friends. You didn't even reach out to that man for a conversation. Whether you like what he did in Detroit or not, the man still was elected, His mama was elected. He comes from a very long lineage you know of folks in Detroit, and I think that's even it's worth having the conversation. So Trump was able to appear as if he was one of them, which he was not. By the way, he's a white man who obviously, if black man could have never gotten away with what he got with the Fellas, but he was able to appear as if he was. He was able to appear that connection. Why didn't they talk about what Governor Newsom did in California removing the gang enhancement, removing the gang INHS you got homies who are literally getting on the yard for the very first time. If you do the crime due to time, no problem with that. But in California, most people are affiliated with the gang just by based on where you live. So Governor Newso has passed great legislation that has allowed people to come home, that has allowed people to actually get on the yard for the very first time. I got ten thousand homies right now in LA that were organized for the next governor just based off that one thing. They didn't talk about those things envy because they sit in this elitist positioning, you know, of let's just not talk about that, you know, let's just fell let's go hide and go low. And Trump was able to capitalize on that. That made a difference when you're talking about a ten percent Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think it's hard for them to capitalize on something like the new some thing because it is something that's regulated to California. Like the first step back was a federal a federal law that people act that. He did a phenomenal job of showing, look, I bought this person home, and I bought that person home, and like there was other people on social media that would talk about, ma'am, my people just came home because of the first step back. I actually think the first step back people don't really credit that enough. They want to talk about stimulus checks and PPP loans. But when you can actually see one of your homies come home from prison, that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we saw what happened in real time. But I just wanted to push you back Libit on how you capitalize against that, How you can capitalize when you look at what Governor Moore was able to do the federal when they took the federal for the marijuana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, simple possesson marijuana.
Speaker 4: You show the connection. So yes, that was federal, right, but Governor Moore was able to actually utilize that. Without that federal partnership, it wouldn't have happened. So it does trickle down. But the Democrats never connect the dots to show you this is how it actually works. Federal was able to help the state. State was able to have the local and so on and so forth. So there's ways to do it. They just don't do it, Charlemagne, because they feel as if, you know, let's focus on these imaginary voters. Let's spend all this money on white women. Let's spend all this money on Yeah. So Trump was able to capitalize on that. Just another Remember this is about margins in the swing state. So when you got one or two percent that's saying I'm sitting on the couch, or one or two percent of saying I'm going in a different direction, it makes a difference.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, especially when you look at the election.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think what Trump had seventy six point one million votes, Harris had seventy four and it's just all those margins. She lost by the margins in a lot of those swings seats.
Speaker 6: So what you think about Trump's cabinet, and I it's his choices for his cabinet right now, because I mean, these are the people that are gonna have to be Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think nothing. I think Republicans, ran Democrats, ran is gonna be a dictator. Guess what they want a dictator. We've been saying this forever. We've been talking about this day of bipartisanship, and let's just get it through Congress, we said, Charlotmane. You know I said a many times, like with the the George Floyd to Act reducing college debt, do an executive order. Everybody said, you can't do executive order. You gotta go through Congress. Republicans are gonna change it back. If you get in, they're gonna change it back. Guess what Republicans don't give them about changing the back? They changed backro versus. What about changing back a whole bunch of shit Obombacare and everything else. Democrats refue use to work as a dictator. They want a dictator. Everybody's saying, oh man, he's gonna be a dictator, right, that's why they want. Oh, yes, he's gonna take migrants out. Yes, that's what they wanted. People need to stop saying that online is driving me crazy. Oh latinos, oh man, oh man, y'all about to see. They want the immigrants, people who are legal, who will coming up to the country legal. They are literally telling you, Yes, we do. We don't support illegal immigration. So people they're thinking they're saying something on social media, y'all gonna see No, they want a dictator. The Democrats ran on democracy, they ran on dictators. Shall gonna be a dictator day one? That's exactly what they want, a dictator. Somebody's gonna push the line, somebody't gonna give DMN back what Congress is talking about. Somebody just say I don't I don't care what the rules are. I'm gonna do what I want to do. They want a gangster period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say dictator, but they want somebody that don't give a fuck, and it's going.
Speaker 4: To He said he was gonna be a dictator on day He said.
Speaker 1: That on day one.
Speaker 5: But I think what people mean when they say they just want somebody that's gonna say, you know what, as long as things are getting done for the people, I don't care how it gets done. Like John Stewart did a great break monologue last night, and he was just like Democrats always follow the norms and Republicans don't follow the norms.
Speaker 1: They gonna find those loopholes to break.
Speaker 4: Which is kind of like dictatorship. Though he said he gonna do what he want to do.
Speaker 2: That's what politically, you ain't gonna play us.
Speaker 4: So I mean, that's saying I'm gonna do this, and if you don't do it, it's gonna be hell to pay. If you don't do it, you know, I'm gonna make sure you don't win. If you don't do it, I'm gonna call you out. We talked about this with Joe Manchin. They let they set up. Now, Joe Manchine, see this to a Republican. We've been talking about this. This has been going on for the last fifteen years. This loss was not just what happened in the last one hundred days. This has been at least from my experience two thousand and seven. I can name year over year over year on what what happened, on how we got And then another thing I wanna bring up on this messaging abortion. Democrats ran on reproductive rights and democracy failed right out the gate. You had states like Arizona in the bottle that had abortion on the ballot. So democrats mindset is, let's put abortion on the ballot and that's gonna bring you know, so people know, get out to vote. Gotv that's how you get out to vote. Oh, they're going to go to the polls now that abortion is on the ballot. Well, Wich, you did meet ballhead. You actually allowed Republican women who were pro choice to actually vote for abortion and still vote for Trump. There's no rule that says if you support pro choice that you won't vote for Trump. So Republican women in Nevada and Arizona literally have the opportunity to bring abortion back and still vote for Trump. So Democrats shot themselves even in the foot if you were expecting women to go vote for reproductive rights because you gave them an out, and then that was a mistake out the gate. Look at Michigan, Michigan. You can get an abortion in Michigan, So that gonna land anywhere. I know people want this idea, especially black voters. Coul We like to take care of everybody and old what about them in Texas? But the average person is voting their personal interest, that's it. And if I could get an abortion in Michigan, wou't matter to me if you get it in Arizona or Nevada or whatever it was. So when you're running on reproductive rights, which I think was a mistake, and just the Marracy people didn't give a damn about democracy we're talking about when I was sitting in twenty eighteen, those first question you asked me out the gate, what do people think about say the don't give it down his whiteo's Whitehe don't give it about no insurrection. They'll do it again. This is what's been happening in this country four hundred years. So the messaging was wrong at the gate. We talked about that, not running, on the economy, not running. But I still think though even if she should have ran on all of those things, they still was gonna vote for. They still would have rather voted for Joe Biden have dead weekend at Bernie's.
Speaker 5: You know, they.
Speaker 4: Didn't even win Scranton. They didn't even win Scranton. Joe at least won sprinting. Harris lost Scringt.
Speaker 1: I think I think Joe would got like sixty five million.
Speaker 6: Book said, Okay, So, if if what you're saying is true, what was all because I felt how you how you feel now, It's how I felt in the beginning, and then when I saw the excitement and the money moving and.
Speaker 4: All of that got a chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what was all of that then?
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was but.
Speaker 1: Doing anything. We're not giving you no more money.
Speaker 4: Joe have no choice, that's right, yea. So let's be clear they did not have a choice because George. Yeah, they said they didn't have no choice. So two things to be true. At the same time, they had to put Harris in no doubt about that. I'm not disagreeing with that, but I still don't think they would have voted for her. They just wouldn't. They're just not going to give something that they didn't get. First. Did she do the best that she could? Yes? Did she do everything they told her to do? Yes? Did she have one hundred days to do it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: This is not about shitting on her. This is about setting up a woman to fail in one hundred days to do the damn near impossible. I think Joe Biden should have took that l. He's the one that said, you know, he was gonna run. He's the one that set up there the entire time. They didn't build the bitch, let him take the l. Why now are you putting it on that Yeah? I thought it was like the friendly.
Speaker 2: Cana. Would you advise her to run again because.
Speaker 4: It's again we gotta stop with I don't know what this subsession we got with federal I'm gonna keep push that. Let them have it. Let's talk about especially Republicans now saying give it to the state if you really want to make real change in your community. I know it's not as sexy. I know it's not as exciting, but it really is at the state level. It really is at the local level. If you believe in you want to fund the public schools, you can do at a local level. You say, you know what I want, charter schools. I want to be able to educate our own You can do that at the local level. Why are we so infatuated with this White House. I don't get it. Why not be an Atlanta council with sixteen other people in Orlando with six other people to be able to say, I'm gonna write a check to the Black Business Investment Fund, you know, to be able to say, hey, here's some money to go start a business. You can pass reparations at the local level. So I don't understand this obsession that we have with this federal thing. And I'm gonna be honest with you, Lauren. Black women, a lot of times we get caught up and it's wanting to be validated, so damn bad. So when the excitement was there, when everybody's like, oh man, we can do this, we can do this. Black girl masage, we do this, we can do this.
Speaker 2: Do this.
Speaker 4: Validation of needing to be affirmed, need to say you are qualified enough, you are good enough. A lot of that played into it. A lot of that played into it. But let's not forget three thousand black women did a petition and said, Joe Biden, keep your ass in. They ignored that and went with the money. To Charllet Mane's point, they didn't have a choice.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, especially about the state thing.
Speaker 5: You know, there's something else Trump said that man landed, and I was I'm still trying to figure out how did he land this because it's so hard to get people to focus on this the abortion thing, right, He told them I wanted to be in the hands of the state. So whenever you would have conversations with people about, you know, abortions on the ballot, they'd be like, no, Trump just wants it to be in the hands of the state. I've never seen a politician convinced people on a national level it's going to be local and that's fine, and they buy into it.
Speaker 4: Well, Trump can get anybody to buy anything he say. I mean, he's a total man. Press have never been equipped to run against Trump. Let's just name it. You know, they've never been equipped to run against them. He's too petty, he goes too low, he don't give a damn what y'all talking about the entertainer first, and so they've never been equipped to go against this man. Never. But to your point, charlemage is for those that understand the states' rights. And when you go back to Reagan, the reason why black people are again said, is because what it does is to disenfranchisse, disenfranchisse, It disenfranchise us even more so if you're saying, Okay, in Oklahoma, you can't get access to health care, but you can get access to healthcare in California. Very liberal. These are folks that can't just pick up, you know, and go to California to get what they need, don't have the money, So it affects poor people in a very bad way. The states' rights, but conservatives, they like states give it to the states. Their mindset if you don't like it, move somewhere else. But none of us had not enough of us have the resources to just move, you know, to somewhere else, to just move where things you know may be favorable to you. So as black voters were always trying to carry the lease of these and everybody else and think about everybody else. But the reality is, Charlemagne, people are only looking at what's in front of their doorstep. And if I can do X y Z in Michigan, if I can have a successful business with zero regulations in Atlanta when cod it happened, when Governor Camp, you know a lot of we don't like Governor Camp, but Atlanta, Atlanta was still thriving. Black business was still thriving. Georgia was still thriving. So when people look outside their door, when remember when the Santas reduced the gas, when they was talking about you can't do nothing about the gas when gas was so high, he said, oh no, I can do something about it. This is why I talking about state. So when people remember that, even though there's more liberal, more Democrat voters in Florida, people remember what affected their pocket and that Republican governor made a difference Kemp and Georgia made a difference was passing out Kemp cards. He did the same thing Trump did when he signed his name. He gave them Kemp cards. People remember that. So you can have a state with a republic Democrat governor like North Carolina, but they still went with Trump because they're looking at how does it trickle down. You can have a state that flipped and went blue, but have a governor Kemp who's a Republican. People like their governors. People don't have to like Texas. You don't have to like Texas in New York, but your money gonna go far in Texas as any felon in Texas they working in oil fields. Eighteen dollars is now twenty five dollars an hour, thirty dollars an hour. That makes a difference. So even if they don't like Republicans, even they don't like Trump, when you're looking at how that affects your money daily, it makes a difference. And that's where they lost as far as really trying to understand, you know, the economic conversation, especially with black people.
Speaker 1: What else we got on the list because I know you've got some money.
Speaker 4: I got a lot on the list. I kind of want to just deal with Michigan quickly because I do have some concern with that. I mentioned Rashida Talied, and I'm not mad about you know how she was able to organize her voters, but I do have some concern for Detroit. I do feel as if Detroit does not have the voice that they should have. That Rashida Sali was able and she should I think she she went hard in the paint for she's a Palestinian woman. I expect her to. I have no issue with that, but I do feel like Detroit kind of got crashed out a little bit that there's not representation. Detroit is one of the blackest cities in the country, and so when you had a few enough to say, you know what, but I just don't want to be a part of the process anymore. And that entire conversation was on GAZA, and I know there's a talking point of progressive is going to come in and tell you that the polls say that black people are concerned about GAZA, and yes we are, we do. We are very compassionate. But if you ask the average black person, Black American on what they're most concerned about, they're talking about again their own front door. They're more concerned about what's happening here over what's happening in geopolitics right, so to be able to be to be a single issue vote. I don't have no problem with Rashida to lead, none at all. But when you have three black women who ran against Rashida's leave in twenty twenty two, all three of them combined still didn't have even half of rashida to leave passed. So she has the votes, she has the power. But I feel Detroit is not getting there, just doing at least being a part of the conversation, and I hope that changes what she got on that list. I think that's it list you. I've got some nails with that to go over.
Speaker 1: You know. I wanted to ask you about Hakeem Jeffreys.
Speaker 5: Hakim Jeffrey said this week that he sees he says Democrats are set up for a major comeback.
Speaker 1: You think that's possible.
Speaker 4: What's the comeback? Let me let me know you come back. What's the comeback?
Speaker 6: I've never seen that that mixtape, but they still do it anyway, and then they don't could.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think first of all, and I forgot. I want to name a couple of names because a lot of people ain't name the names. I do encourage people to go look at that list. And the two names that kept popping up over and over. Quentin no dispect. I've never met him, you know, but he was in charge of the bag. And also Cedric Richmond. Now you remember when Cedria Richmond came on the Breakast Club and said hold him accountable. Remember that.
Speaker 5: In a couple of years I've been I don't even listen to after when Cedric made that statement on Breakfast Club and said, hold him accountable. If anything doesn't go to way it's supposed to go in to buy an administration.
Speaker 1: And then he just disappeared. He left his position. We didn't even know he left his position. I don't I ain't pay static no attention.
Speaker 4: Well he literally told Grassroot Organization, y'all just want the money to just say that. Yeah, we're saying that where's it, And I'm saying it's completely I didn't ask for no check, don't want no check, not interested no check. I was telling you what the people said, you.
Speaker 1: Ain't get none of the million.
Speaker 4: I don't, but they told Black.
Speaker 6: People like the money, don't like like you need money for things like why is that such a like a falsehood or something.
Speaker 4: Like, Well, no, they know they they got it and just didn't come to black folks.
Speaker 5: It didn't go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sharp didgets We got five hundred thousand. Yeah, Roland got his ship too. Roland, what's having Roller? Can let me hold something?
Speaker 3: But that money went out and they're still in the negative.
Speaker 4: And study's strange. They do it every year. They've been doing this like this. They do it every year. And it's again, it's not just on the entertainers, these white liberal consultants who run this party. Because they do and then they tell the black folks in charge, the gatekeepers of the gatekeepers to tell them, okay, give them one hundred thousand, give them one hundred and fifty given to it. They kept lying saying all the money coming to money coming. They literally didn't give it to them three weeks until three weeks out. So now now you wonder why you lost the black vote.
Speaker 3: They literally giving them this money for so like for instance, rollingd Ont and a reverend.
Speaker 2: Now what do they use that money for?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: The only reason I said that because you just said that rolling with advertising advertising.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know what that, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Well revenue they gave we really name the names they gave the National Action Network. They gave a donation to him, donations of a quarter million dollars. Yes, and so, uh, that organization is an organization, you know, the worst year round, I guess, you know, allegedly for and I'm not saying that, you know, to be funny, but you know, for outreach. So, but again, it can't just be on just reven ol. You know, it's not just on you know, No, no, I'm no, I'm saying I'm going to be clear. You can't just continue to keep spending money just on revenue. You know, these organizations, Why are you not again, why are you not connecting with these grassroo organizations who are literally struggling literally struggling to give them the money so that they can organize year round, you know, in order to keep people engaged in bottom line by votes. That's what they did with the Latino community. They put in the mid terms, they put thirty different community centers in Florida. Wasn't just about vote and they was coming in trying to figure out what they could give health care, trying to figure out what resources they could get, trying to figure it. You literally took care of the community. That's where that money is supposed to go. And it's not just for advertising. Advertised is important, but it's more than that. You literally are supposed to buy votes, guys. That's how it works by votes. That sound crazy, Yeah, well to buying votes. When I say that, I mean if you got a nonprofit in you in the hood, and I give you three hundred thousand, and I'm telling you, use that three hundred thousand throughout the year to do job training, use that three hundred thousand throughout the year to do resume buibling, to use that three hundred thousand to put people in a better position. Now people can feel it and say okay, and then that organization has a responsibility say this came from the Harris campaign, this came from XYZ. This is how we got what we got. And then now people can say, okay, I feel it. Like with the first step back, they feel it, they can see it, they can touch it. And Republicans that have just did a better job with that. It's not that Democrats don't have the receipts. They just don't talk about the receipts. Their messaging has always been poor and raggedy as hell, which is why I left in twenty ten. So it's not that they don't have the receipts, they just don't talk about. They don't feel they have to. They feel they know it all, and turns out they didn't know shit at all. They knew it all and knew absolutely nothing. They didn't listen to any advice that people gave them. They say they knew what was best. They said, we got this, and turns it out you didn't have it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest to us. I don't know how much well I take that back.
Speaker 5: I do know there was a lot of people out there that was giving genuine good advice. But what I realized is the people who was out there giving genuine good advice was the people who were really doing it out of the goodness of their heart. A lot of other people I heard talking, they was really upset they wasn't getting no money right, and so a lot of the stuff that they were saying was literally just based off when y'all gonna give me some money.
Speaker 1: When y'all give me some.
Speaker 5: Money, everybody that I heard actually giving good advice was not getting paid by the campaign, right, And those are the ones who aren'tetting listened to.
Speaker 6: Why Why can't though, why are you not giving me some money? Be a call sign to real Like if you got enough people saying we need, we need, we need, it's like, okay, we need to figure out why do I saying we need? Like that's common sense to me as a politician.
Speaker 4: Well you should be paying for it. The goodness of the hard shit is over with. I mean, like, I've done get this so hard for a long time and it's basically gonna make you a full time over driver at the end of the day. People got to get paid. But yes, people have their own interests on why they were trying to get X, y Z, and they pissed because they didn't get the money. A lot of these people that you're that you're talking about, they got paid last time. They wasn't saying shit about the streets. But now that they got get kept, now was oh man, what's going on? You know, I've never had so many calls and people say, oh man, we didn't get this and get that I'm saying streets bending it, you know, I'm talking about those grassroot organizations. They never were getting the money. So yes, people have their own special interests on why they're trying to get it. But it's a billion dollars. Pass it out. If we're gonna run this scam, this time's your scam, then let them then, yeah, give it out. There's nothing wrong with that as well. So whether they was it was a goodness of the hard or good advice because they had an interest, they weren't listening to anybody. Charlotte Mane. The they really do believe that they have all of the answers, like literally all of the It was.
Speaker 5: So wrong about everything, Like when they had that whole oh, black men aren't going to show up and vote for the vice president, and you know President Obama was out there waving his finger at us. It's like, no, y'all should be focusing on these white women, right right, Like those are the ones that haven't shown up the last couple of elections.
Speaker 1: The Latino men.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear them putting the real emphasis on that either, but the Latino people didn't show up for them. So it's just like I I just saw them make mistake after mistake and another thing I would say is you had a presidential campaign that had trouble connected with the working class, right because they had a bunch of consultants who got backgrounds with these giant companies. Do you think that they should just bring people on these campaigns that are literally from the.
Speaker 1: Grassroots, And to me, those were the best ideas coming from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's exactly what the best idea is. Coming to another point. I'm glad you're about that. Uh, Charlotte Mane. Also a lot of friends groups, you know, people that were giving them hell online that they ignore that they say, oh, that's just you know, Oh, that's just them talking. Oh that's just them talking. That's right, again, minimizing your enemy. So there were groups online that are literally talking to fifty thousand, one hundred thousand people every week. You don't have to think that's important. But when you got groups online saying reparations are not sit on the couch, don't do this, don't do that, and you're ignoring that group as a real constituency, and you're saying, oh, don't worry about it. They just on line. Well over time, because again a lot of these people and they rock with me talking about this year around. See why you're just talking about this last one hundred days. They're talking to one hundred, one hundred and fifty thousand people every week, every week, every week, every week, and nobody pick up the phone to say, hey, can I have a meeting with you? Can I at least see what you're talking about? Can we at least have some kind of common ground? When Democrats in California threw black folks under the bus, you know, wanted reparations, nobody thought it was worth even having a conversation with the folks online that are giving you hell. When you look at people, I'm just gonna say, the Hamy Teradona shit giving them hell online every day. Nobody think you to call and say, hey, y'all did a whole rally on reparations in DC. Let's have a conversation. What can we do to at least hear what you say? So when you do that, that just continues to motivate them to keep saying over and over and over they ain't fucking with us. And that makes a difference. When you talk about one and two percent in these mind.
Speaker 5: I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I think it's about when you do it. To your point earlier, everybody who's thinking about running in twenty twenty eight, they should start campaigning now.
Speaker 1: Don't wait until the year of the election to start reaching out.
Speaker 5: To these different people, cause it looks fake, It looks it looks like it's not authentic, looks like you don't really care.
Speaker 1: Start making those connections now.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Do you think it should be that like Charloamage said, or do you think we should take a page out of Canada's book and out of Francis book where it's like there's a cap, there's a specific time limit, you know what I mean, because people get fatigued and after a while people like f all this issue. I mean, do you feel like we should go warranto that because now it's almost like big bak take a little.
Speaker 1: Bait, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean as far as campaign campaign concerned, oh should be shorter campaign.
Speaker 3: Short campaign Canada to have a specific time limit, whether it's three months or a certain amount of money that has.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, it has changed. It used to be six months, one year, two years. Congress has to run every two years. The minute they're getting off is their campaign and then trying to raise money. So no, we are in a year around. Donald Trump has changed this and will forever be changed. This is a year around effort, year around resources, year around. That's why I do my training, push the line, nonpartisan training, year around. Getting people in position. That's a project. Twenty twenty five is all about. People can think it's fake or not fake, but that's all about putting people in position. Putting people at the commissioner left and putting people at the state level, putting people at the state if they're not investing year around. If you're if you're gonna bring plies into the game, then plies partner with somebody like myself or somebody like unt Free, somebody else to help bring this noise you're around. Because what happens is the day after the election you go, you go back to talking about what you're talking about before, and now you got to start the machine all over again.
Speaker 1: I've ain't said nothing from the car since the election about stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, he did say he had woke up. Remember he said he missed the election night, but he woke up, and so he did say that.
Speaker 5: I ain't seen him talking about Starbucks and women feet. I ain't seen them talking about.
Speaker 4: It, right, and that's the man I love. I ran for office in twenty eleven in Orlando. First person I reached out to was Plies. I talked to his manager. He said, you know, applies don't due politics. He not in politics. So to see him doing this now, and reached out to him again. Since then, by the way, reached out to his manager to say, why don't you help me get these people trained. You have a voice, get these people train. In two thousand even and said, many, come on, let's do something with thee hundred years, the one hundred years record that he got. Let's do something bad. Massivecarceration in Florida. So when I watch him doing that every day non stop, his heartbreaking to me. Because we do need our entertainers, but we need them to I don't expect them to do the work year around. Entertainers like getting applauses. And see this work is about getting bulls. This work is not about applausing. They only want to be no disrespect. But entertainers like responding to the applause. So the minute you start booing them, the minute you start saying I don't like you. What we saw with ice Que when he took a chance and went out there and talked about, you know the state of Black America, and people started booing him and out Wing's seeing Ice Ques since ethon, so you know that, and people they can't take it. And then they say, oh, I don't blame you for leaving, but I do, though I love it left. I blame you though, because homie, you donet set up here and got it. I done reached out to Q two, you got everybody excited. I don't expect you to do the work year around, but partner with people that can because we need we need people like that Gloyala. Come talk to your home girl like glorially need people in her ear too to know she got a he I love a story. Why why are we not connecting her with people that actually know her story? Sexy red or we don't need sexy Red, Yes we do. She'll hold di moved. Maybe y'all don't know how to talk to it, but she can go partner with some of the homies that not even on the list at all, not even on a voter list. When you bring ten thousand people into the fold, fifteen thousand people on the fold is not even on anybody's list that nobody's real. That's how you win these elections. That's why Trump was able to make that difference on people who were not engaged at all. But in order to do that, you have to do it year round. You cannot do it no ninety days before the campaign. It's never gonna work.
Speaker 5: Because I agree with you, I think I think what we're saying is because I think that's what people think. People think that entertainers are the leaders that are generals.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 5: They're the soldiers, right, and you want them to be the soldiers right to go organize the people, to bring them back to the actual general the people to actually do them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, absolutely, And y'all can have the mic. We ain't trying to take the mic from like we get it to get the mic, but pass it on to people that are really, really really trying to do it. I will do the heavy lifting, the organizer will do the heavy lifting. Our platforms are never going to be as big, you know, as a cube or a glow reala or a sexy grade. And I don't want to encourage discourage them to get out because that's also what's happening because now they even't put their cloud on the line, and then now you got in a table like I'm not getting that shit again.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Fucked, especially when.
Speaker 4: Exactly because you don't put them in position to make it seem like, oh, all we got to do is have Beyonce get up and talk and it's all that and now you got her look like you said of the candid's on people calling her out people and that's not on her. It's not on Beyonce. It's not on these But you do need people to get people to the stands, but it's on it's the year around organizers that they just refuse to do. So I want eye entertainers to stay in the game. I just want you to partner with organizers that really actually give a damn about this work because we really do, you know, year around and we don't have enough killer Mike's in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Tell them how to connect with you, and you'll push the line.
Speaker 4: Movement, yes, push the line politics until something happens. And thank you guys for supporting that. When we did, I guess was two years ago when I came to the Breakfast Club, we had over three hundred people. You know, they came to Atlanta on their own dime, to learn how to be candidates, to learn how to be operatives, to learn how to be organized. It's a non partisan training that I created. These people flew from all over LA, Dallas, Houston, New York. In the room, you know, three hundred people. That's why when people tell me, don't nobody want to do this, they're not interested. That's not true. Jay was there in the fact that she came to the training, came all the way from DC. These people were outside at six am in the morning in the rain to learn how to do this. They want the training. They want to know how can I change on the local level. But we just don't have enough support to get around. So I'm asking people to text. Push the line all caps, push the line to sixty six, eight sixty six, And I'm trying to get partners, guys. I'm trying to people over fifty cities have said can you bring the training here? But I'm teaching people in the training how to organize, how to organize if you want to be a candidate, if you want to be an operative, if you want to be an organizer, whatever it is you want to do. I believe my training is one of the best. And the reason why is because it truly is a military mindset. It truly is cutting through all the bullshit. I've been to all the trainings. I've been in Congressional Black Caucus training, a White House training, Yelle Women's school, law school, I've been to them all, and all of them sell a bunch of bullshit, respectfully. You know, they come in and tell you, you know, you're gonna have a stab, You're gonna have this and that. My train is really designed to tell you know, Lauren, it's really just gonna be you with twenty dollars. How can we you know, move from that? So people are hungry, they want information. I'm trying to get people to partner to help me do more of it because I can't just do it, you know, myself, out my own pocket. I can't. I don't want to charge people. People don't have the money to pay for it. So we're just trying to, you know, keep building up that momentum and hopefully be able to do any people that to join. And you also looking for ye I may write me a check out.
Speaker 1: You mean, I make a donation right now? What you need?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Charle let's give one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: We can go.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. We can help get you that now.
Speaker 4: Dollars holiday, And I do want to say that. Also, Wisconsin, I don't know if y'all notice, largest black mail incarceration in the country, the highest black femicide rate. Yes, more black women are murdered in Wisconsin then anywhere. They didn't give any money to Milwaukee at all, So now you're expecting that's what you were expecting. And also Wisconsin is one of the most the least diverse state in the country. So now you're gonna run a former state attorney in Wisconsin where black men are locked up more than you know. This is true. Whether you like it, we got to deal with what it really is. They weren't trying to hear any any of that. They shit it on Wisconsin. They shited it on Milwaukee. They used to do hip Hop Week there every year. They don't have the budget to do that anymore. They were trying to bring sake, how tess and how can we come down get out the vote. They couldn't get twenty five hundred dollars together to say, let's get the vote out. They went to the white voters in Wisconsin. So these are the kind of things, guys, that we just have to put on the table. I know people saying teds, move on, just deal with it. No, we have to call this shit out, guys, because if we continue to mismanage this money, then we're not you know, actually getting the help you know that we need. And it's critically important.
Speaker 5: If I text pushed the line to this number, that's still work, all right. Text pushed the line to six six six, No, six six eight sixty six. Text push the line to six six eight sixty six to join the Texas email list for push the line right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, We appreciate you for joining us. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let me go through my list.
Speaker 2: It's all goodness. Tsant figure out. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club