Speaker 1: On Meet Your Row.
Speaker 2: Once again, we're bringing in a guy that you know probably doesn't need an introduction anymore.
Speaker 1: He's been on the show before.
Speaker 2: But not as just anybody, not just as CB one now as d p O y pat certain in the second. You know, I'm proud of you for that one. You know, to win Defensive Player of the Year this this year, there was there was like a sort of a heated, heated contest with you. They we didn't know which way would go. There was no true, like clear cut winner. You came out with the win. I love that for you.
Speaker 1: It was you.
Speaker 2: There was Trey Henderson, of course, they bring in TJ. Watson, Mile Garretts of course. Uh, but Zach Bond as well.
Speaker 1: There's there's guys this year. Uh they stood out and stand out.
Speaker 2: But you, I mean you, there was there's games that you held receivers less to ten than ten yards, multiple of them games. You know, you were something special this year. So congratulations, appreciate that, Mane absolutely. How does it feel to win your first Defensive Player of the Year?
Speaker 1: Shoot, man, I mean honestly feel surreal. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know this something I had written down on my goal sheet. I wanted to capture a Defense Player of Year throughout my career. I wasn't expecting it so early, but you know what happens, and it came into fruition. So I'm honestly it's a huge honor, such a prestigious award, the highest rank you could get as a defensive player. So it was great, man, you know, just receiving that award, seeing my family in the stands as well too, out here, so it was great.
Speaker 1: The caption in that moment is very fulfilling.
Speaker 2: Right, Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. I have I've seen a lot of success from Alabama products. Wide receivers, running backs, you know, quarterbacks for sure, linebackers, defensive lineman. But I've always made fun of them. I'm like you, corners can never backpedal, And now we have I mean, just think about.
Speaker 1: It changed the little dynamic I see. I see.
Speaker 2: You know that I'm not gonna name him because it's gonna hurt when I call him out, But like, we don't have to worry about that no more. You got you, Our team picked up kool a history. We're starting to come on. I mean as as a product of Alabama. I mean, you know, how excited are you just for your college alone? I mean you've got multiple Heisman Trophy winners, one of them still playing in the league right now. And then you know, how much does that school probably carry over in the locker room?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: It carries out, carries over a ton, uh Bama sci Fi.
Speaker 1: That's what we call it. The brotherhood, you know. But it's just great, man.
Speaker 3: I think the endless memories we've encountered in college, it carries on in the league. And uh, I think I think throughout, you know, our careers in Alabama, we learned a lot. We learned about competition, we learned about the tremendous amount of resources we are able to attain through that, and we learned a lot of life goals as well too. So seeing success that we have now on the field and off the field, it wasn't surprise at all.
Speaker 1: Is it surprise? Is it surprising that, like.
Speaker 2: Watch Alabama now without Nick Saban, who's been a staple.
Speaker 1: Championships for so long. Is there a fear that there will never be another rod Tide championship? No? No, no, it's not a fear.
Speaker 2: And I am sort of even the playing school because I mean Alabama USC You know, there's a Notre.
Speaker 1: Dame whatever it was.
Speaker 2: There was the bigger schools that were always paying the players, and now everybody's able to do so you can say no, but we know Ohio State back in the twel prior days, please stop coming up in the.
Speaker 1: New there's some conversations like you would't have to lie about it. It just is what it is. NIL.
Speaker 2: Now everything is okay, there is there worries now that everybody can play players.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be okay? Yeah? I feel like there is some worries. I feel like the lack of loyalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lack of loyalty plays a factor into it because I feel like from a basis of going to a school, it feels like everything is being negotiated like money is the epitome like money Camo.
Speaker 1: And I represent the University California. Yeah so how much exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think I think that's the issue that evolves now within the NIL landscape. But like I said, I'm I'm all with compensated players. I mean, I think they earn it absolutely, you know what I mean, because they put their bodies on the line, you know, each and every week, you know, what I mean, and they got to go to class. On top of that, now they got to play on the field. I think I'm all for it, but I think there's a thin line between getting compensated doing the right things and doing the wrong.
Speaker 2: I love, I love for you, I love for every kid. Every person as well be compensated for the work that they do. You know, you pay me for the services rendered, and I get that, But also, where's the loyalty when you see a guy go to four schools in five years, six schools and seven years?
Speaker 1: Because what you're chasing for real? You know, what are you chasing at.
Speaker 2: The college level? Like come on, man, I feel like in this in this era, like we get it. You used to have to sit out a year if you chance for schools. Now instead of that, now you just you could be there for six months, catch a bag and go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah exactly. Think Alabama guy did that this past year.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was like IOW or something with office alignment deepens alignment, But Iowa got a bag and came right back to Bama.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, so anyways, I'm back. Riche No, it's smiling. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's sort of like a misconstrued constant. I feel like guys chase the money for the wrong reasons. Then they realize it and it'd be like dang, I wonder if it's too late. Yes, it's kind of crazy, though.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's as a kid, as an eighteen nineteen twenty year old, almost a man, you're like, man, I can get paid. I'm gonna go get paid. But you realize you're missing out on the camaraderie in the locker room. As you grow, you're missing out on a great D line coach or a great position coach that can help you grow to get to what you think is your goal is NFL. So I mean, for me, I love the idea that kids get compensated. I love the fact that they can transfer schools and not pay a penalty. Like maybe the scene wasn't good, Maybe you had some juxtaposition of oh, man, I could stay here and fight it and grind it out or start somewhere else, but okay, after one.
Speaker 1: School, come on. I wonder if a college is gonna have a cap for some.
Speaker 2: Like a little said no, for sure, they're bringing in gms, like starting like a couple maybe a year or two ago and they're coming up this year for those for those specific purposes, there's going to be a cap for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, yeah, look be on content over.
Speaker 2: We're here for it's Big Game week, and I just want to know, you know, especially winning the Defensive Player of the Year. You look good in your suit. By the way, that cash money green. You kept on Olive Green, I kept on it.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 2: I know what you're doing, you know what I'm saying, sending out messages, pay him, pay him highly, give him everything, the bag, back of the Brinks truck.
Speaker 1: Whatever. You know, Sean knows what you do.
Speaker 2: But when I think about, you know, you capturing the Defense Player of the Year award, what's next for you?
Speaker 1: Shoot?
Speaker 3: Being on this stage where we're at right now, Man, the super Bowl, super Bowl, I mean I feel like that's like Sue promise. Yeah, yeah, that's the promise. That's the That's the highest reward you could get in this league. I mean, I feel like winning in this league is bigger than everything. And uh, I feel like hosting the Lobardi Trophy mean a lot for sure. Especially I mean, you you know, like I don't know I'm saying this career like that's what you're trying to read.
Speaker 1: I mean, so it's like why not? Why not do it? You know what I mean? Especially with the team that drafted you. You looking at it like, man, we got dogs every every time every year you look at it, But man, we got dogs.
Speaker 3: I mean, unless you're on a chief scene just so happened to be in Super whatever year, and then it's.
Speaker 1: Like right, it becomes more like yeah, we're going, Yeah, we're going no matter what. But yeah, that's what it is though, Man for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, what does it mean for you to hear like Hall of Famers like Champ Bailey praise your game?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying and say, hey, I think he was far ahead of me and his demeanor.
Speaker 2: You know, Like what does it mean just for your your you looking up to a legend too? For you as a player, And where does that take you?
Speaker 1: I think? I think?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the highest honor when you get mentioned by Hall of Famers in such a high regard. I mean that's huge. Man, And me and Champ be talking a lot. I mean, I learned a lot from his game. He'll be dropping jams. Man, I ain't gonna lie. I mean, you know he's right up the added where he comes to the games, uh, you know, just talk game. And I think that's huge, especially for me, you know, as a young player. And yeah, it's just to get that that praise and that high honor.
Speaker 1: I mean that's huge. Right.
Speaker 2: You guys go to the playoffs first first time your career, right yea yeah, yeah, so you touched, you touch the playoffs and you're like, you know, you get you get that.
Speaker 1: Touch of sess.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, we can, we can, we can replicate this year a year out. You got a good young quarterback. You got a coach who speaks nothing but success. He he knows, he's confident in every step that he takes with Sean Payton. But you look around your division. You got Andy Ree, who's wins the Super Bowl now least since Pat mahon took over. Every other year they're there, if not every year because going for three peet this year. You got Pete Carroll, who has one of Super Bowls with you know, has now entered the fray over at the Raiders. One a super Bowl with Seattle, knows how to win. They got Jim Harbaugh. So again Jamal been to the dance with the Niners back in the day. And now he's over here, uh with the with the Chargers, and he's got he's got Justin Justin Herbert. You know, how confident are you that you, amongst these coaches, you got the right you got the right group to come out the AFC.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's just you know, us as players, you know, dolling then.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like coaches could do.
Speaker 3: So much at the end of the day, but it all relies on the players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you mentioned like Pete Carroll, Hall of Fame coach Sean Uh, Jim Harbar Uh.
Speaker 3: You know guys like that is just it's just like everybody and to read like everybody's you know, what the coach is bringing to the table, right, But you know, it's all about the players buying in. Whoever buys in the most, I feel like comes out of that division.
Speaker 1: So is that right? For sure? That's what I believes in the most in the UH program. I guess you're right. I'll say whatever whatever the.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so tell me a little bit about uh, what's on the patch on your shirt?
Speaker 1: Right now? You know, you out there, you out there pushing a pushing.
Speaker 3: A pushing a Applebee's. Indeed, shoutow Applebee's. So I'm doing a partnership with apple Bee's super Bowl Sunday. So the deal is you get twenty bonus wings with a forty dollars purchase using frisky.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so it's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Like, I catch any flavor you want brand, You get a ranch of blue cheese.
Speaker 1: What do you prefer? Ranch? Okay? Ranch? I was hoping he wasn't one of them weird blue cheese. I'm like, y'all, I'm gonna be tripping.
Speaker 2: Dudes would be eating blue cheese. I was like, bro y'all, breath be hot. Anyways, all right, So, so twenty twenty rings with a forty dollars purchase.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Also, whoever gets a pick six on Sunday? Oh, you can get bonus wings added on to that as well too.
Speaker 1: Anybody get a pick six? Yeah, anybody get to pick six?
Speaker 3: It could be d Lineman linebacker, you know DB's it's most like gonna a.
Speaker 2: Forty dollars, So you get forty rings or is that twenty dollars twenty wings?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, without you get a pick six as well, adds on to the twenty bullets wings, so you get more bonet.
Speaker 2: Wings now, so your forty bonus wings. If you won't yeah, ah, okay, it sounds like a hell of a como to me. Then it might make sense for the forty dollars.
Speaker 3: Good combo, it makes sense. Okay, let you think about it makes sense. You just got to understand it.
Speaker 2: Are perfect, perfect shout out to Applebee's apples with staples back in college. You know what I'm saying. You got a date you need you need to slide through. You used to have a nice little combo apple bee right, quick, quick test loose. We had an apple Bee's in the mall. So you're going to the mall boom hit a little apple Bee's and boom you good.
Speaker 1: You're right there, right right?
Speaker 2: That makes that makes perfect sense? All right, man, Well, I'm gonna let you ge out of here unless you got anything else.
Speaker 1: But but I'm good. Are perfect?
Speaker 2: Well, man, I appreciate you for tapping in. I figure you when I saw you last night at a Congratulations. You're like, man, you don't.
Speaker 1: Know you do. Congratulations, My boy, appreciate that. Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Then here we go for another shot at off the edge with Cam Jordan my pod. I'm overly excited because I've been doing with your doing things with Jerry McCoy for the last two days. You know, just just been like in this media roll card wash if you will. But now I get to highlight him because he gave me a hell of a shout out. Let's start this off. We're talking about be Jared McCoy. You know, before before the CBA came in out with the roof and it was like, hey, we're gonna cap these rookie for making money.
Speaker 1: He was making that miney.
Speaker 5: I was the last year of the rookie big big, big money, big money.
Speaker 2: Twenty ten first round pick three stopped playing. It was a quarterback, then it was a Dominican suit sure, and then it was Jared McCoy. You know what I'm saying, like big ma Yon my Henry. You know what I'm saying, beyond the money, because that's just a thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Money comes and goes, is what I've been told. I'd like you for it to stay forever. But he was a first team All Pro, you know, two time second team All Pro, six time pro bowler. I mean, let's just let's just be real.
Speaker 1: Let you even in college, you was him a fee Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been blessed to have a little little bit of success in my football life.
Speaker 1: Man, for a long time.
Speaker 2: Hey, right now he gets to watch his kid play football on Saturdays in college.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, my son plays it Toledo. Man, So that's you finish your career. He goes to oh you first, Yeah, he goes to O U, and then he went to four A's and now he's at Toledo.
Speaker 2: Mama got to Mama got to see grand baby out there playing on Saturday and some playing on Sunday. Man, that's so damn special. I mean, just to just to bring it in. I mean, this is a man who's had over fifty sacks in his career. We we I mean, you gotta have two thousand and I'm twenty eleven. I watched all in your entire career.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, being in the NFC South, you you grow appreciation.
Speaker 1: Like you hate the team. You have to. You had to. You had the Bucks too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You hate the team the other teams in the South, Okay, cause you know, but you learn to.
Speaker 1: You had to win some of them to be your rival. Okay, so who was your rivals? Carolina? We didn't have a rival.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, I'm just saying Atlanta's Saints Carolina, and we was over here, and if we got to win here and there, it was great.
Speaker 1: But it was really the Saints in Atlanta's division.
Speaker 5: Then Cam showed up, the Cam Newton new showed up, and then if we came up, we don't know who's gonna win the South.
Speaker 1: But in doing so, Cam won MVP.
Speaker 5: Matt Ryan won MVP, drew the first Battlet Hall of Fame quarterback. That was the greatest division in football over that span.
Speaker 1: I don't care nobody else.
Speaker 2: Sure there was there was one year where three of the of the NFC South Division teams went to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: There was a span where rich and if we let's keep it a bean, Carolina went to Super Bowl, Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Went to Super Bowl. We went to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 5: They went the NFC Championship, but should have been in the Super Bowl if they didn't. Anyway, we're not gonna go back to that, but y'all should have been in.
Speaker 1: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: There's a span over four or five years where three NFC South teams could have been in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Tampa wins with yeah, you know, but eventually Tampa one one, right, I mean that's what That's what I sort of sort of find comical is now you guys are having a hell of a stint four years of winning the NFC South, which I'm like, damn, I need that back. And at the same time, now you know, tam Tampa Bay fans are going out of their way to to like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, we're your rivals. Who is y'all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, I hate I have I don't have any hate Tampa Bay. No, Mike Evans is one of my guys. Yeah, y'all, y'all don't like Atlanta. Yeah, I respect Baker. I make fun of him because he's short. But that's about it. All short quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: It's not a yeah, it's not a thing. And that I think the Bucks fans forget where we were at. You know, we're winning. We're winning now. We can't forget where we were at.
Speaker 1: We don't have a rival.
Speaker 5: We didn't have a rival the Saints, if you were that's the fans, the players and teams new. The rivalry is the Saints and the Falcons. Every game was a barn burner.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 5: I used to love watching like Cam definitely is gonna get three or four sacks today, without a doubt, he's getting no less to two. I mean it was like, god, dang, I look at your sack numbers and I'm like, well, I know, whatever he's at, it's gonna be at least two or three more by the end.
Speaker 1: Of this game.
Speaker 5: And then look like, oh, did they play Atlanta already? They play Atlanta again? Oh yeah, he had end up double digit.
Speaker 2: I mean I remember there was a game I did definitely got like sack nine and ten there, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, I counted the things.
Speaker 5: I said, yeah, yeah, I think it was a Thursday night game.
Speaker 1: You you had maybe four or five four sacks? You was it? It was that was in Atlanta, in Atlanta, yeah, going crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Like I said, so that's that's Robi, because you when you get up and you're like, no, I'm coming back for more, right, you know, like it's I used to play. I mean, you started off with Josh Freeman back in the day. You know, you you went to oh man, how many quarterbacks did you go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Josh Freeman, we had Josh mccam, we had Mike Glenn and Jamis instant that those was like our four guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say it was definitely after Josh Freeman had.
Speaker 5: Fits, but really it was Jameis and I thought about But you know, I'm talking about like if you go consistently quarterbacks, as.
Speaker 2: After you leave Temple Bay, you go to Carolina after Carolina Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I was at the Cowboys, got injured, then went to, uh, the Raiders.
Speaker 2: You've seen the Maria out of quarterbacks. Who's your favorite quarterback that you played with that you played.
Speaker 1: With Jamis for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't there long enough with Cam. Cam got hurt in the preseason and then he tried to play. He really shouldn't have played, but Cam's just such a tough dude. He tried to play, but he got hurt in Week two and then had season ending surgery. But like consistent guy I was around, it's definitely Jamis, as y'all can see. The guy's a star, you know, such a great leader, and he's a gun slinger. You know, he's always talking about unwavering faith. He definitely got that. He got that because you throw a pick, you'll never know because he don't change. Hey, hey, here we go again. But I love Jamis because what you guys see from him, he's unapologetically him and he's extremely authentic.
Speaker 1: That is Jamis to the core.
Speaker 2: Him and my wife when he was with us, they were playing in a wreck league, just like a mixed rec league, and Jamis has given you know, his wife the team just a fiery speech and I'm like, and I'm just sitting there like, bro, he got this.
Speaker 1: For rect league. Can't help it. That's who he is, who he is, who he is man, That's why I love him so much. Do you have a favorite quarterback that you sacked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go Aaron Rodgers because he's my favorite player. So if he got a favorite player, you want to sack that guy. But you always want to get to the guys. So when I sat Tom Brady, it was like, dang, I went to this. I didn't even celebrate when it happened because it was like surreal for me because I'm just such a big kid and a fan of the games. When I sacked Tom Brady, I went to the sideline and Lavonte he was a Jay, you know, I was like, dang, it happened, didn't it. I got to them because you know, if you don't play these guys often, you got that one game, and if you don't play them again for whatever, you just got to get there.
Speaker 1: We can get there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Tom and a Rod for sure for me, which helps.
Speaker 2: Me transition to my next question, because I mean some years back, I got some heat. I'm thinking in my mind you have you know, you look at the eras of quarterbacks, right, and as we are coming up on this era that you just mentioned, Tom Brady's, the likes of Drew Brees, you know, coming up for eligibility or Hall of fame in that era, right when everybody's like, hey, what's the quarterback you want to say? They say Drew Brees, they say Peyton Manning, they say you know Tom Brady. You know, in the in the run quarterbacks you want to be like those three you probably hold pretty high.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And then the next tier of quarterbacks of that era, right, you would say, is that Philip Rivers? Is that Ben Roethlisberger being being I know Ben might have been in the is he is he.
Speaker 5: Being if you talk about guys of our air, Tom Andrew and Rogers, I would throw being in.
Speaker 1: There after where at five? Yeah yeah, but below all of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so for the top four boom yea. And so he Ben is better than Philip Rivers. Is that because championships or is that because of Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just I think a perception, Yeah, I think being perception wins in the playoffs, all that jazz.
Speaker 1: You know, he won, right and was good. He didn't win.
Speaker 2: He didn't win super Bowl MVP as a quarterback. But what do you mean they try and give every quarterback super Bowl MVP. It's really there's to lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you if you're making the place, you know, but but your receiver wins it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, because they might make you might not have insane numbers overall. Yeah, but the numbers you have might have went to one person, you know what I'm saying, Like it might have just.
Speaker 1: Went to that one person, you know, And that's that's just what happened. So true.
Speaker 2: Look, I've had this conversation, I was like of that era, like, so is he technically a first ballot Hall of Famer?
Speaker 1: No? Ben? Yeah, no, no, no, but he's gonna get in there. He'll get it. Yeah, not a first ballot.
Speaker 5: The thing, man, listen, first ball first ballot, first ballot is like to be first ballot, you have to still be playing and we know you're like, we know, like you're going.
Speaker 1: He's a Hall of Famer. He's just still playing football, like a Rogers. You look at Aaron Rodger von Miller, Drew.
Speaker 5: Brees when he was playing. We knew before he even broke the record. We like, when Drew's done, he's like to be first. You gotta be one of those guys. Like when Aaron Donald was playing, right when J. J. Watt was playing, he didn't even have to finish. We're like, okay, when he's tom some people you know, when they come up all right, who else is getting it when they you know, So everybody can't be in first ballot.
Speaker 1: My thing is for me, it was me personally getting in the Hall.
Speaker 5: Of Fame is so difficult, and they're changing the criteria and all these different things almost annually.
Speaker 1: But everybody can't get in.
Speaker 5: But for me, if I walk, I was at I work training camp with NFL Network and I was at the coats and we were talking about this year's class and who might get in. We brought up Eli, and we discussed Eli, and then the guy one of the higher ups for the Coats who did a game plan and stuff. He was like, Eli, the Tom Bradys Layer. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he was like, when are you up?
Speaker 1: When do you come up? I don't know, a couple of years whatever.
Speaker 5: He was like, you know, you know, you for sure get in and this, and I was like, I don't know if I get in all this.
Speaker 1: He was like, why wouldn't you?
Speaker 5: He said, I gauge it as if you were a guy like one of the best in the league for a ten year span, you should be in.
Speaker 1: The Hall of Fame if I get in. Great.
Speaker 5: But the fact that some people I'm in the conversation, Bro, as a kid, when you grow up to play this game, you.
Speaker 1: Want to just get to the NFL.
Speaker 5: Absolutely for people to consider you a possibility to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Bro, you had a great career. You had a great career.
Speaker 5: Everybody can't be Etched and Stone in the Hall of Fame. That's why I keep saying. But if when you if people are like dang man, you know you think you'll ever get in, that's all.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: The fact that you ask, because there's a lot of people they done playing. They just done exactly to ask the question you think you like earlier mean me and you talk. I'm like, Cam, do you think you're a first ballot guy? You said no? Do I think I get in second time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The fact that I asked you you were great? You were great? Right, I see that's right.
Speaker 2: Look with the numbers that I have now you say, are you getting in the question then is a resounding yes, yes, you know.
Speaker 1: And I look at it like personal accolle playoff wins all of it. Now.
Speaker 2: Now, when I get this eight and a half sacks or more next season and I'm sitting at one thirty, I may change this possibly getting in year two, three, four, five, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: If I'm not in year one, I'm looking at people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like and about thirteen and a half more sacks if I don't get in any year one after that, boy, you got me twisted at one hundred and thirty five sacks.
Speaker 1: I'm breathing superior earring right right. You should not just rare.
Speaker 5: People can get deep when what they call you just hand them the paper oh what is this?
Speaker 1: This is my measurement. Here's my measurement. I'm losing with right now. So after yeah, yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: What do you look forward to in a week like this? You know, I'm away from my family, Big game week. I'm real sleeping now my family. Yeah, but I've purposely packed my week because i don't really like being away from my family. So if I'm going to be gone for an entire week, I've been working, working, working, working.
Speaker 1: What I'm looking most for to is going home.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I have an eight and a half hour.
Speaker 5: Pre show NFL Network on Sunday. When that's over, Yep, don't mention the color red to me, don't mention the color green.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear about no type of bird. I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Chief no skin, pig, foot, none, anything involved in that.
Speaker 1: Don't mention it to me. I'm done. I'll watch the game on my phone.
Speaker 5: I'm going from the stadium to my hotel to get my bag, and I'm going straight to the airport. I am out here. Man, it's been a long week. Been a long week, I hear you. Yeah, I'm having fun. I'm having a blast, and this is not I've been losing weight too, you know, and I had to prep coming to you know, when you want a prep. I'm working doing media for what I was going to eat. So I've literally been game planning when I'm going to eat because I know if I don't get my work out in, I can't eat the way I want. Man, New Orleans is like Zion Zion, I feel you leave.
Speaker 1: My dog. Alo understands. You know, he looks phenomenal. He's playing great right now. Yeah he is.
Speaker 5: But man, I get it this old people like, oh he's I'm like, you've never been there.
Speaker 4: You've never been Orleans? I asked in a week, you understand, and he lives there. I asked for grillfish. I asked for red fish on the halfshell, and they somehow found a butter sauce to put on it. And I said, where did this come from? That's also where the fish go.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Man, I had some food so good the other day.
Speaker 5: I text my wife five times, like, man, she was like, I get it. I'm like, you don't. You don't You're not here taking this? They said it was just simple butter gardic bro It was something wasn't. It was like it's a changing.
Speaker 1: It was like butter crap fingers and it was oh man, that.
Speaker 2: I don't even said I've had. I've had like different sauces on that they call these rimolads here, you know, like the food is great chicken wings with his mlid glade on here, Like I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is what it is. That's what I'm saying. That it's dangerous here, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: And I always became a de tackle early on in my career because of this place.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't. I walked in. I was like, I'm a defensive man.
Speaker 2: But after two months of it being a lockdown and I couldn't do nothing around like I'm working out.
Speaker 5: But this that's the time, and that's the time where your body you still can kind of eat whatever because your metabolism still as you get older you can. But in that time, you like, shure, I can really eat whatever I want. But then you started.
Speaker 1: Looking like, wait, hold up. I came to training camp.
Speaker 5: This the road trips and the D line dinners and the all You're like, wait a minute, this is different.
Speaker 1: These Jesus fitting different.
Speaker 5: My back tight now when I got fitted for this suit, it fits a little different perfectly.
Speaker 1: Why is this button stretching? He at least it didn't pop. Man. Yeah, Ben don't Break is the name of the name of the game. So you do it.
Speaker 2: Eight our eight our pregame show. My final question few is, of course, who's who's gonna I saw this airs were when we call them champions, So who is it? Yeah, the champion will be the Kansas City Chiefs, and by the time this airs, they'll probably have the parade and all that going.
Speaker 1: You gave a great perspective.
Speaker 5: You picked the winner earlier when I asked you off the score, Like, if it's this score, it was this team that wanted. If it's discourse that team that wanted, that's that's great. Because if I put out stats and didn't give you a team the average stats, you're not gonna tag it Kansas City to them stats. But if I put the record up, you'll say that's Kansas City because they found they find.
Speaker 1: Ways to win. They don't know how to lose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they find ways to win. Man, And there's no substitution for experience, And that's just like everything. There's things like playing primetime games. When when y'all work the New Orleans Saints primetime games, was like, we know we're getting five a year. We're doing this, you know, how to prep for a prime time game? Whereas the bucks in our in my time, we got a primetime game. It's like, Okay, how do I manage the day?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm so used to playing at one o'clock. Now I'm playing at seven? And okay, what about traffic? Do I need to leave earlier so I don't hit traffic? We don't have to eSchool, we at home or whatever. That's how super Bowl week is. It's a bye week football wise, the same as a bye week. Might practice a little bit, have a couple of days off, and then you got game prep week. But families are calling. Your wife is complaining, your your your auntie won't hurt. She want to come, and she want to bring Ray Ray and his friend and trying to figure out how Yeah, he's trying to stay close.
Speaker 1: And then you got all these tickets.
Speaker 5: You gotta do another photo shoot, another intro video and all this stuff. On top of that, you got a game player. What if you got coaches that ain't been here that much? You know, well, what about the time and when should we I don't want to over coaching out of Kansas City. They've been here, been here, they know how to do it English.
Speaker 1: We're just here last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that's that's that's why I'm going with experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, well you heard it.
Speaker 2: He I appreciate you for tapping in with the appreciate off the ends for me host Cam Jordan.
Speaker 1: I got my main guy, Jered McCoy, who have had nothing but respect for our tire cruise while we were playing together.
Speaker 5: Cam Jordan's Steve Jordan's man. That would be a great man. That'll be a great duo to have in the Hall of Fame, wouldn't it