Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Matt Vaughan, I wanted to return to the idea of things that are made to be as ridiculous as possible, off the charts crazy. I'll use skin Walker again as an example. We had written about the things that had happened at the ranch. You know, these PhD guys go there to look for UFOs, which is already a little bit shady in the eyes of a lot of academics, but they're going to be straightforward, investigate UFOs, see what's flying around up there, and then they encourage encounter all this other stuff. Mutilated cats and cows, dinosaurs with the tail of a beaver, bulletproof wolf crop circles, blue warbs the size of softballs, all this strange stuff that's just crazy. We put all that in a book. The only thing we debated about that was so off the charts nuts. We debated about including it because we didn't want to destroy the credibility of a book that was already stretched to the breaking point as is. These two cops, a Native American police officers, come around the edge of the road at night by Skinwalker. They see these two guys standing on the side of the road in trench coats with their backs to the road. They flash their spotlight over on them. They're smoking cigarettes. The guys turn around and they're dogs there, dog faces. The cops look at each other in horror, turn back around. The guys are gone. They get out to look around. The cigarettes are still burning. The guys in the trench coats with the dog faces are gone. Now what the heck's going on there? It obviously is made to be as ridiculous as possible that no one could ever take that seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I really go back to the idea that it's a pedological device, it's a learning tool, and it's meant to it's meant to defy rational logic. That is my theory, my idea as if to say, if you want to believe this, you're going to have to do some serious work, and you're going to have to believe in dog men in trench coats smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 2: In your book, you write about places of high strangeness, that some places just have more of it than other places, you know, Sedona skin Walker, Yakima, Dulce, Ashville. What are the criteria that pop up in these places over and over again that separate them from say, downtown Las Vegas, bad example.
Speaker 3: Right right, Well one is so in the book I give all the theories that are out there. So one is intersection of lay lines is one theory. One is large deposits of quarts. And then also the mystical toponomy, where I put forth there's an idea that the name itself attracts high strangeness. Seen that there is in the high strangeness literature. There's a famous essay called the Fayette factor that people pointed out there are high strangeness around towns with Fayette or Lafayette, and also the high strangeness in towns with devil names. So those are some of the theories.
Speaker 4: And you buy them. I mean you obviously think there's something to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe everything, George. You know what I mean? You know you you researched this at a certain point and to me, you know, that's where I talk in the book about Okham's rabbit hole versus Ockham's razor. You research this enough, and keep in mind, I've been researching this since I was a small child, So it's not that I came to this conclusion easy. But at a certain point, if you've researched this long enough, it makes more logical sense just to believe it. It would be weirder if there weren't dog men and trench coats smoking cigarettes by Skinwalker Ranch.
Speaker 2: Is there in your I'll call it theology for lack of a better word. But is there a grand plan?
Speaker 4: Is there.
Speaker 2: Some master plan for how this all plays out? Has someone already written down all these synchronicities as as a way to get to some ultimate destination.
Speaker 3: I think the grand plan, if I'm having to guess, it's to prepare humans for first contact. That is the grand plan. And if I have to guess, and I talk about that in the conclusion, and that's where the term cosmic trigger comes in. So it came from the book by Robert Temple and The Serious Mysteries. So in The Serious Mysteries he wrote about all of the connections to serious in history and archaeology, that sort of thing, and he said it appears perhaps my book, Robert Temple's book, The Serious is a cosmic trigger to signal to these ultraterrestrials that we are ready for first contact. I think it is a way to process the human consciousness so we can interact with these beings.
Speaker 2: Do you think these you think these beings live here or basically they're everywhere, but they're they're not extraterrestrial, they're everywhere, they're here.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's I think it's a little a little of both. You know, because you talked in the at the intro to this segment about when you first got into this you thought it was just little green men and spaceships. Then sort of the ultraterrestrial theory was a little more prominent. I think it's I think it's a little of both. I think there's ultraterrestrials where it's transdimensional. I think there's I would imagine there's little green men and a spaceship somewhere not too far from our planet. So I'm all of the above kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Your book included a couple of things to say, George, Your book included a couple of things that I thought were just there just for me. One was quoting Hunter S. Thompson when the going gets weird, the weird term pro which quote I've used a lot. The other part was about Pan, the god Pan, the mythological creature Pan, who's in the I don't know if you read any Tom Robbins, but he's my favorite living author. There's a book he wrote called Jitterbugs Perfume, a terrific novel, flow of consciousness kind of thing that explores a lot of ideas. But what did you mean about Pan? How does he fit into this panety of mysteries?
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm kind of blown away that you have that connection to those two concepts, specifically Pan. I'm gonna have to check out this Tom Robbins book. I believe I mentioned Tom Robbins in the in the book.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom, he wrote, even Cowgirls get the.
Speaker 4: Blues that yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: So he is from Blowing Rock. If I'm not mistaken here, Blowing the Rock is near where I'm from. So I've always that sort of added that to the high strangeness of where I'm from. So Pan, it appears that when people start researching how strangeness, Pan pops up. So it appears Pan is. I proposed in the book that Pan is the god, be it a real entity or an archetype falt form, however you want to say it, that represents these power spots, these places like Sedona and Asheville. As we're saying these places that have more high strangeness, it appears that Pan is somehow involved, say the god of these bore Texas.
Speaker 2: Well, you're going to want to read Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins, because if you like the Cowgirls, this one this will be even more up your alley.
Speaker 4: Tom Robbins was a colleague of Terence McKenna.
Speaker 2: You right about Terrence McKenna quite a bit in this, and I think they see the world in a lot of similar ways. Had you ever met Terrence McKenna or his brother Dennis McKenna, who's been a ghost guest on this program before.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't. I exchanged emails with Dennis. He's reading the book as we speak, God Willing, and I might appear on his podcast, but I had not talked to him previously, and I never met Terence McKenna.
Speaker 2: Where do you fit on the scale of ideas about using plants and psychoactive substances to achieve connection with some other consciousness, some other entity.
Speaker 3: Well, tricky question, George. First of all, I don't advocate breaking any state, federal state, or federal or local law. You understand, however, if you are in a jurisdiction where these substances are lead and I think it's a great thing, and I think it's one of the keys pieces of the puzzle, so to say. And when people take these substances, they have a lot of that's very common thing that people report is having contact with the entities outside of oneself.
Speaker 2: I guess the central question of what is real makes this all kind of mood. But do you think that those contacts and conversations that have people have, say under ayahuasca, are real in a sense that they're actually communicating with something else?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think so. I think some of them. You know, no way to say all of them, but I think so, yes, And I think you know, there is a tendency in this research and everything sort of gets shoved into archetypes and this is just part of your mind and the reason that sounds a lot better and it doesn't sounds crazy. So you know, I almost go down are oute in a public venue like this, but that would be disingenuous for me to say.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I think some of it is they're literal entities that exist apart from the human consciousness and another dimension that we're not aware of. You know, based on my research, it appears that life is the norm, not the exception in the universe. All different types of life, say, elementals, angels, demons, all sorts of things, bigfoot, there's life seems to be there seems to be very different forms of life and all across different dimensions.
Speaker 2: And I know you can't answer this definitively, but if you were to take a stab at it, these beings that are encountered under the influence of say ayahuasca, DMT, something like that, conversations that are held sometimes, conversations that are resumed in a different time. Are they the ones pulling the strings over here, that are pulling our chains and manipulating this in a way to enhance our consciousness?
Speaker 4: What do you think, I would say?
Speaker 3: So, some of them, you know, some of them, Some of them probably are pulling the string. Some of them are just observing. Some of them might just be say, in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they're going about their life and then a human pops in there to mension on some substances and they start talking to them.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. We got a lot of people on the phone.
Speaker 2: I was going to wait on the bottom of this hour, but I'm going to take a couple of calls. We got Brendan in Austin, Texas, a guy I talked to a lot here on the Wildcard line. Hey Brendan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Thank you so much George and Matt. It's a great discussion. I've been extremely busy with work, so I'm super happy to talk tonight. The English high strangeness. It seems like it becomes an endurance test, when will you tap out? How weird? Can you go and still come back? Like you were saying? But George Knapp has some new videos and episodes out on Weaponize, so everybody needs to check it out on YouTube, Spotify, any podcasts, and Georgia Matt. I've been spelling out my own unified theory of weird on my podcast Inspired Earth. Episode nine, Part two is a good start on consciousness, magnetism, Nazis, and the CIA. I've tied together Kenneth Arnold missing People Magnetism with Nazis in episode sixteen. But anyways, I wanted to talk about some recent Mantis experiences you had asked about for a few weeks back when I called in and mentioned it. I've been developing a relationship with the insects for many years. Spiders would come to me during severe hauntings or events, and I felt like it was a blessing. And about four years ago I started studying the mantids really heavily, making art and collecting art, and it would give me words and knowledge occasionally, and there was ebbs and flows. I really appreciated them, They appreciated me. They enjoyed music and communication and study well. They had given me an ultimatum in January and I accepted it and since then things have been going really fast. But I'll just skip to the experience because we don't have time. But I was at work, and I work a blue collar job that's really physical and monotonous, and while my body is at work, I can go to places in my mind and learn and like do stuff. So I thought my energy was different and I felt charged up, and I felt like an urge to contact them. Maybe they charged me up, or it was both of us, but I felt like I needed to ping them. So I ping them five times like a stonar ping, and I was waiting for them to message me back and they started sending me words and I was really surprised, you know by that. And the words that they sent me was illusion, strategy, wealth measurement, perspective, and paradox, and yeah, I just got really I was not prepared to make contact with them because like they kind of just tuned in and I was I didn't know what to ask it first, and I'd ping them five times. I was embarrassed for them to join in and may not have anything to say, and so I asked them what is time? And that was the answers they gave me was those words, and I don't have time to talk about the definitions of them, but I had to scramble and unlock my phone to write the words down. So I was just curious of other mantis like experiences or anything like quantum type experiences that you've heard of.
Speaker 3: Matt. Sure, I do have some literature about mantids, And one of the things people that know me they joke about anytime somebody has a paranormal experience, I have like literature I can point you to, so I know about the mantids. There was a book from the early days of your apology, how to contact extraterrestrials or how to contact alien beans. It's a long title like that. I don't want to pull it up on Google just now, but Brendan, you can look for that. And this guy talks about how to contact extraterrestrials. They're manted type beans and one of them is called Twitter, which I found that interesting. And also if you Riley Martin, are you familiar with Riley Martin? Yeah, right, right, So he talks about insect type entities as well. So those are two good places to start. Now I will say this this. I was moved to say this. This is a great call talk about wildcard line. Now I want to say this. With interacting with beans, I would not that you asked for the advice, Brendan, but I'm going to give it people. I would encourage people not to be overly astonished. It appears that there's entities out there varying types, dog men and trench coats. So I think there's a tendency to over be overly astonished and perhaps even put these entities on a pedestal. It's like, Hey, they're just mantid beings that have a little knowledge that we don't. It's not that big of a deal. I think that approach helps us stay grounded and not get off the deep end, because it sounds like you were in the deep end.
Speaker 2: Brendan, Brendan, that was a pretty amazing exchange you had with these mantises while you're at work. You ask about time and they said something like illusion, strategy, paradox, a couple of other terms. That was That was pretty interesting. Thanks for that call. Mantis is have you, Matt have you had other contacts and questions about mantis type beings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mantis, I think I said, mantid. Yeah, mantis. That's just all I know about my That's the extent of the knowledge I have on mantis type beings.
Speaker 4: That's like manton is sort of the plural of it. So you were right, You're right.
Speaker 3: Now, So I don't don't want to offend them.
Speaker 2: George, Well, we'll have to have a conversation off the air about mantis's. I have a long standing relationship and talk way too much about the little ones, not the eight foot tall ones, but the little ones that I have out in a little sanctuary in my in my courtyard, Debt.
Speaker 4: I've had them there for nine years.
Speaker 2: I we go back and forth on it anyway, So thanks for that call, bro whow.
Speaker 1: Listen to More Coast to Coast a m. Every weeknight at one a m. Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more