Speaker 1: Girlfriend. Hi, I am rob dog in life right now. Really, I have no glass of water, I have coffee.
Speaker 2: I took on adderall, and I've got my jewels.
Speaker 1: She's medicated, she's got all the stimulants and her girl. How do you not explode?
Speaker 2: I had? This is me at half the amount that I'm normally on. I'm normally fucking suited. That's why the last time I was on here it went so well because I just scored like a lot of shit. I don't even remember it. It was kind of a hallucination whole thing to me.
Speaker 1: Well, we have it on the ball.
Speaker 2: I made up a bunch of news stories that I told you were real, that I thought were funny.
Speaker 1: I'm titling this episode today.
Speaker 2: Jane, are you still there?
Speaker 1: Hello listeners, Welcome to minnisode number four. This week, Janey's danger is here with me again. She actually never left. Welcome back, Jane.
Speaker 2: I need I need help. I've been in this closet for a week. Please, this like isn't a bit.
Speaker 1: I have been feeding you, and I have been keeping the lights on a daylight.
Speaker 2: I cannot live off of goldfish, but I appreciate that you have been feeding me.
Speaker 1: But Okay, I do have a feedback form that you are welcome to fill out when I release you.
Speaker 2: Did the other prisoners get to fill out one of those because all of them are dead. I sleep on a pile of bodies at the bottom of a well. Let me out.
Speaker 1: I am Samara and you're in my well. No, it's almost been seven days. Okay, it has actually spooky uky, so apparently I can't do this show about you anymore.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being It's good to know. But how have you been?
Speaker 1: How was your week?
Speaker 2: Ben? What have you been in I went and skated yesterday. That was fun. I got did some tricks. I literally don't remember a single other thing I did. Did you wear protection like a condom?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you have a condom on when you skate?
Speaker 2: I would never do in the park.
Speaker 1: No, you wear your You wear a helmet of course, right?
Speaker 2: And no, why would I do that?
Speaker 1: You want the you want the blame?
Speaker 2: Not cool. Have you ever seen someone skating with a helmet and nee pads? Yeah? And all the textbooks I read exactly. No, you we gotta we gotta, I gotta turn you out and make you a ramp tramp.
Speaker 1: Oh turn me out, Mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you have you sitting at the half pipe? Like, oh wow, how.
Speaker 1: I used to be that girl? Actually, can we talk about that firm?
Speaker 2: How do I get that?
Speaker 1: Or to stick to their legs? I used to be that girl? What was that park in Lawrenceville?
Speaker 2: Waker with that?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mama, I was at Bay Creek Park, Mama, And I was there looking at all the boys with their little skateboards. I had a skater boyfriend, really and nice nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the top tier kind of boyfriends. He was okay as a boyfriend. Yeah, but they're all like the smelliest boy you've ever met, for sure.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I wanted to talk about the news, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What you got? What? I'm curious what you have because I looked up, like what happened this week? And I don't think anyone remembers. Yeah, not a lot happened this week.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's kind of a blur, and I'm actually like, no news is good news, right, Well, there was some bad news, but there was some bad news and we are going to cover it. So first, yeah, we'll talk about why we fucking hate it here. And this is basically just like following up with stuff we've been talking about over the past couple of weeks. So Zoe Zephyr sued to get her place back in the Montana house, and the judge rejected that that just happened a couple of days ago. Then recently, both Zoe Zephyr and her girlfriend Aaron Reid, who is also yeah, Aaron Reid, were targeted in a swatting attack. What yeah, they were both swatted. So let's open the article really quick. It's a pink News article. Sorry, everyone, I fucking hate pink News.
Speaker 2: Maybe we did. They do pink news.
Speaker 1: You want to know my beef with pink News.
Speaker 2: They don't always say how beautiful you are.
Speaker 1: They don't always say how sexy, fly, cool and beautiful.
Speaker 2: I hate them too. I'm curious. I mean, most journal us, in my opinion, I'm kind of skeptical. It did some.
Speaker 1: Shitty journalism during the Colorado shooting of the Yes, exactly, they did some shitty reporting on the shooter when the shooter's lawyer.
Speaker 2: Said he was.
Speaker 1: Ye yung like they fell for it kind of Oh yeah, they absolutely and reported it as fact without really even kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, that's insane. That is insane.
Speaker 1: It's completely insane and it's like literally doing the job of these fascists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, So.
Speaker 1: That is why I have beef with Pink News.
Speaker 2: I feel like any like oddist like person covering that should just be like he's lying. Like it's like like, no, no, there's no part of like being trans that says humans can't lie, Like yeah, exactly, Like I think generally like ninety nine percent of the time you should trust people on what they say their gender identity is. But people will lie sometimes, like that's just true, like and in this case, this is one of those obvious like lies to like own the fucking lift like ever, like that's that's crazy, right.
Speaker 1: And then there's also like been other examples of like literal men claiming to be trans women, like going into women's like causing a fuss just to like cause a fuss.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like someone who can't find any examples of trans women going to the gym and causing a rucket. So it's like I'm just gonna cross dress and be like, oh, excuse me, sir, I got my nuts in your face. Can you spot me? I'm a woman, by the way, And it's like that's not happening. You're doing that, that's.
Speaker 1: You exactly, so exactly that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Aaron Reid tweeted this was tweeted on May second. Somebody just attempted to swap me for my reporting on transgender legislation and events. This is the part that I was like, huh. Thankfully, I've worked closely with the police in community in my community anticipating this, and the attempt failed. I will never stop advocating for my community and will never be silenced.
Speaker 2: I'll let it pass. I mean, I think when you're like life is in danger, like you know, that's that's maybe like the one time where it's like okay, maybe.
Speaker 1: No, And what they really mean is like they've literally told police like right, right, yeah, we're probably going to be a target for people to swatter. Yeah, And I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in their situation because it could go horribly wrong otherwise.
Speaker 2: I think that's different than being like, this guy's making me uncomfortable. Can can you guys come down and shoot him? Right? Yeah? Swatting's bad, They'll kill your dog. Swatting's bad. There's a lot of beauty translated official stance swatting is bad unless they do it to you, because I need to be set free. I don't know how you're getting away with this.
Speaker 1: Please set Janie free.
Speaker 2: Get me out of the well.
Speaker 1: Do we want to talk about the pronouns Bill in Florida? Basically Florida, Okay, Florida passed a fucking bill.
Speaker 2: The pronouns Bill in Florida. I feel like they do that and they wake up in the morning and they make a pronouns bill.
Speaker 1: So now teachers are required to identify their students by the sex they were assigned at birth, the pronouns and names.
Speaker 2: This is all. This is all just leading to penis inspection Day. That is that is the Republicans, That's what they want because if you have to ref to the students like assigned gender at birth, and you've got some like Andrew asked, like students in there, then what else can you do but penis inspection day to know their assigned sex at birth.
Speaker 1: Like I would be that girl. I would be in the penis inspection line. They would say, get that girl to the penis and.
Speaker 2: Would be so excited for penis inspection that something right about that girl. I'd be at the front of the line, like i'd be like, get getting back in line, Like I'm not sure if they really got a good look.
Speaker 1: Putting on like a grapho marks classes or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wearing a wig like yeah, but.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, that's like literally what this is all leaning up to. And it's fucking insane.
Speaker 2: Next week it's going to be maybe not next week, maybe not the week after, but eventually you'll have me on we'll be talking about Florida's penis inspection day law.
Speaker 1: I hope it's I hope it's a lot further away than we think, but it feels like it could be in like three day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight up. Yeah, that's what's gonna what's gonna get DeSantis the nomination. He's gonna be making a speech. Ye, I inspected all the genitals of all the children, and everyone's gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to make sure they were correct.
Speaker 2: We got we got the just like we have the best orange juice, we have the best children's genitalia.
Speaker 1: That is why that is the platform he's running down twenty twenty four and I'm horrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna lose, he's washed. It's over for him.
Speaker 1: It's over all, right, let's take a break. I think that's enough of why we fucking hate it here. When we come back, we're gonna celebrate that, and we're back, all right, listeners. So one thing I wanted to celebrate that I saw happened this week was transactivist Dominique Morgan has been appointed by Mayor Andre Dickens to the City of Atlanta Human Relations Commission. So I think that's pretty fucking cool. We have a black trans woman in that office. So let's celebrate that. Let's celebrate that, all right, Jennie, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Okay. The big news that I saw, like kind of couldn't escape this week was the writer's strike. Oh yes, I can tell the writers are overworked because there's too many shows. There's too many shows. Yeah, there's so many shows. There's so many How they make any shows? I mean, we're on a show but doesn't have a writer, does it? Have you been you scripted this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Not very well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're right. That has been the main event of this week is the writer Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, I've seen a lot of videos of people like Seth Meyers, even like Jimmy Fallon and all these people who normally seem like AI generated are are just like you know, kind of tacitly in support of it. And that's just interesting to me because like that's not something you ever see with any other union like labor organization of anything. Like the fucking train workers got denied like everything runs on a goddamn train, like and like they got nationally like snubbed. But the writers are seem to be getting like pretty well supported across their respective field.
Speaker 1: So and the big thing they're pushing for is no AI.
Speaker 2: Oh I fully support that. That's insane. Yeah, you know, I have a feeling I wouldn't be surprised if they like use this as a means to like try it out. Wow, absolutely, while the writers are like picketing on shore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like going to produce some of the worst content ever because let me tell you, you want to know something. First week I got my peppy. I was really tired, and I logged into chat GPT and I said, Chat GPT, write me some vo form my episode. It sucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: It's kind of just like a magic trick. Really yeah, it's like a cool it's like a cool like computer trick, like look you with this computer.
Speaker 2: Car, right, right, And I wouldn't be surprised if there's people that get incredibly uh lazy and start like relying on it. But I don't think it's uh, I I don't know. I don't see that being something that, even if it tricks a lot of people, being something that's like sustainable in the long run, because people want they want that feeling of like, oh, this person suffered and went through this, and I feel like this and now I'm hearing a song that like makes me feel better about what I'm going through, you know, and people they want to hear the human yeah, and the inverse, like the artist wants to like turn that into like music movies, Like you said, like even if a robot like fucking could do that, it's just not who cares.
Speaker 1: I think right now, I think people are caught up. I think I think right now it's just caught up with like, oh it's cool, like we can do that sort of Like in the early two thousands, I feel like we were doing a lot with CGI like in movies that was like completely unnecessary and over the top. I mean, I mean that is an art form though, like people are actually oh yeah, yeah, for sure, But to say like, I think it was just like a fascination with like the new technology type of thing, and I think that's kind of what's happening, And I don't think it's actually going to produce results that people connect with in the long run, you know. Same, Well, that's not something to celebrate. But we had a lot to fucking hate today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know what else to celebrate. It's okay, I'm kind of uh, yeah, I don't know. That's okay.
Speaker 1: We don't have Yeah, we're depressed. We are out of serotonin today. Uh, you know what we can celebrate? I turned thirty this month.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Turned thirty this month, and I've been reflecting a lot on my place in the world as a woman in society, as a trans woman in the trans community, as a fucking podcaster, and all of this. And I'm really excited for what this next decade of my life has to has to bring, you know, So, God, why am I so emotional today?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you have anything to promote?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I only have one show for the same show. Well, I've got to Actually, I've got one in Greenville, South Carolina at the Artistry Gallery. I believe it's called on May tenth, and I'm going to be doing a solo set on June twenty first at No tomorrow and Underground Atlanta, And if you come to that, I'm going to be playing some new songs and it's going to be just me. I'm gonna be doing kind of a Molly Nilsen thing, so period. Yeah, if you want to hear some new stuff, you'll come to that, and some songs that I've never gotten to play live before.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I should.
Speaker 1: I really need to come out and see you. I think it would make me feel better.
Speaker 2: You said.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that is all for our miniso this week. Thank you so much for being here with me, Janey of course, and yep, we'll be back on Wednesday with another full length episode of Beauty Translated. My guest next week. Her name is Mia Rose and she goes by the tactical anti fascist trans e Girl online. We're gonna be talking all about arming trans people, all right, see y'all on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,