Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part.
Speaker 2: One behind a scene with a member of the show. Happy Saturday. Everyone joining me this weekend on Best Bits is Amy. How are you Amy?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Excited to be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Catch up on the all things going on in your life. Well, we're gonna start with the one thing that I was getting so many questions about, and it is both of our boyfriends.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh, I do have a few.
Speaker 2: Specific questions okay, but and these are from listeners. These are not me. I'll have my questions after. Okay, perfect, because this is not the question part. But when there's so many of one thing, I reserve it for a space be where we can just talk all about that. So most attractive thing about your new boyfriends to you, guys, this is coming from Kate.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, there's several things. But I do like that he's tall. He's six' three.
Speaker 2: Okay oh we went physical, Okay oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah but also he's, kind all, right we got we got tall.
Speaker 2: Kind, yeah he's a great. Dad, okay these are good. THINGS i would Say mine is that he Is his love language is acts of service AND i love. It.
Speaker 1: Oh, so what's?
Speaker 2: Yours my giving one is acts of. Service my, sorry my receiving one is acts of, service.
Speaker 1: Okay my giving.
Speaker 2: ONE i don't know THAT i have a specific. ONE i try and show up in a lot of. Them but maybe more than, anything it's quality. TIME i like to make sure THAT i give a lot of quality. Time BUT i also love acts of, service giving and. Receiving M h has always been but he's very big in. That and he's very, consistent which are two qualities that are kind of hard to.
Speaker 1: Find, YEAH i would say consistent is a good. One like there's he's very, stable consistent, mine so that is. Attractive consistency is.
Speaker 2: Sexy we. Have that has been a thing that we've talked about on my. Podcast that is a trait that we. Love and, PHYSICALLY i mean he has very nice.
Speaker 1: Muscles oh, yes, YEAH i saw that. Picture, yeah he does look Like thor a little.
Speaker 2: Bit and he's ALSO i don't, know he's just, tall dark and. HANDSOME i would say we're going to the physical.
Speaker 1: Route oh did you just Say?
Speaker 2: Thor, yeah because the guys all Reference.
Speaker 1: Thor, yeah they'll call Them. THOR i forgot. THAT i put up a little question box. TOO i know this is YOUR i was, like so just, NOW i was, like.
Speaker 2: Did they come in through?
Speaker 1: Yours, WELL i PUT i overlaid a question box on top of your question box because IF i IF, i you, know IF i do, yours they click on your, page and just in case they, didn't WHICH i want them, to but if they, clicked if they clicked the question, box then maybe they could just ask right. Away so, yeah and you're, right there's lots.
Speaker 2: Of there's lots of boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Questions there's lots of boyfriend. Questions, okay well Here i'll ask.
Speaker 2: This this is the only other specific ONE i had that came from. IT a lot of them was just, like talk about your. Boyfriends how does he feel about sharing on the podcast including his?
Speaker 1: Name? Okay he he is okay with. It that's so funny BECAUSE i just read a question here Is amy's, boyfriend okay With amy talking about? Him that's From julie In. Kansas he is okay with.
Speaker 2: It, YEAH i would assume that you've probably had that conversation and he guys have talked about things much like both you AND i have. Discussed we always ask for it's not necessarily an, approval but just to like the communication is. There we're not openly going to share something without.
Speaker 1: Are you okay IF i say? This and that's with any of our friendships or. RELATIONSHIPS i think we've learned, sometimes although sometimes stuff will just organically come up And i'm, like, oh this is a good, story AND i have to pause be, like OH i HAVEN'T i haven't asked IF i can share this, yet So i'll have to. Wait or sometimes it just comes out and then you ask for.
Speaker 2: Forgiveness, yes but more often than, not we are asking for be, like, hey you good with. This we're not, Guys we're not. Stupid we're Not we're not openly just talking about other people's lives without having some version of a reality outside of this.
Speaker 1: Job, yeah but to just BE i get the curiosity behind, it because to be kind of thrown into dating somebody that talks about their life on YEAH, prettyo it's, like, oh how do they really feel about? It and he was pretty okay with it from the get. GO i, mean he's not eager to like come on and talk like he doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: Be ever be a guest on your.
Speaker 1: PODCAST i don't think, so, okay but but that may. CHANGE i just, know, right, Now, no he doesn't have any interest in, that Which i'm okay.
Speaker 2: With, yeah and you guys hard, launched, well you hard launched a picture of you guys On. INSTAGRAM i, did how did that? Feel it felt?
Speaker 1: Good but we had been In. CHARLESTON i posted the picture that you're talking about we took In, charleston WHICH i think was two weeks BEFORE i posted. It SO i didn't really post that much while we were In, charleston AND i didn't really post much of our trip. Anyway BUT i had that picture AND i just thought it was sweet and, cute AND i, thought, WELL i Guess i'll make this the cover shot for the month Of.
Speaker 2: April after you posted, it was there any like second hand where you're, like, oh MAYBE i shouldn't have or were you just, like, yes this feels.
Speaker 1: Good, no it felt. Good my ex husband. Been he did say something to me, later BECAUSE i think he saw it like a week, like because he doesn't spend a lot of time On instagram or, anything but he does have an. Account we has a work, one but then he has this other account where he posts nothing but our daughter's On instagram and he follows her and he uses it to keep up with certain. Things and he, said, oh, HEY i didn't know we were posting like our. PEOPLE i think that what he's referring to is way back, whenever maybe we were first getting divorced or, something or maybe even we were still, married but someone we knew had gotten divorced and they were just in a new relationship and putting it all over social. Media and he said, That, okay now That i'm thinking this, THROUGH i didn't plan on talking about, this BUT i don't need to Ask ben's permission BECAUSE i know that he'd be fine with me telling the. Story but now THAT i think about, it we definitely were still married because it was at a couple we knew that got divorced and then the husband was like posting all these pictures of him and his new, person AND i just was, like it just was. Cringey it felt, Weird AND i said to, HIM i was, like this could never be. Us and maybe that's a little foreshadowing, there BECAUSE i don't know at the time THAT i knew we would end up getting. Divorced But i'm, like oh my, gosh if we were to ever be in this, situation, like we cannot do, that AND i guess he held onto that because then he said something to. Me he's, LIKE i thought we weren't supposed to be those. People we we're like posting all this. Stuff AND i, SAID i don't really feel like that was posting all that stuff now THAT i know what you're referring. To we were. That it was just like very much in our, face like, everywhere and it was a shady. SITUATION i, SAID i think all the variables are very very. Different AND i posted a picture of, us and so he's, like, oh, okay good to. Know it was like all, Right not that he has social media that he, uses BUT i guess if he wanted, to and he were to post him and who he's, dating because he had a girlfriend for a year but they broke, up but they didn't he, didn't he didn't ever post about.
Speaker 2: Her it's so interesting to me just hearing how much you're navigating and these new waters of having a, boyfriend you, have your ex, husband all these just kind of pieces and balancing things that you're. Doing does that do you ever think about?
Speaker 1: That, NO i think we're just Doing but, yeah looking at it, all sometimes it can feel like a. Lot IF i focus on, it but, no it's just, like, oh we got to navigate. THIS i, Know ben AND i haven't been exchanging like five hundred texts and emails trying to figure out our summer schedule because it different travel and camps that the kids have and different. Things we can't stick with our Typical friday To, friday which is what we do are week, on week, off because he's, like, OH i want to take the kids to do this this, week And i'm, like, well this is when we have show vacation AND i would like to take the kids, here but that happens to be a week that he's supposed to have. Them so there's just a lot of coordinating that has to. Happen and that's when it makes me thankful That ben AND i are in such a healthy, place BECAUSE i would imagine if we weren't that would just make stuff like. This it's already grueling just trying to like tetras sometimes making it all, work but if you add in a layer of disdain and discuss and you know how some people really feel about and having to work with AN x man would be. Painful SO i have a level of gratitude for where we are and how we navigate. It, so, yeah it's not as much as it could, be you know WHAT i. Mean, Yeah, NO I.
Speaker 2: I totally hear, that and it's made me think. Too JUST i think it's harder probably for you to see in that. Moment But i'm just sitting here in a lot of respect for you that you're going through just a lot of different changes and phases all at the same time and learning constantly while it's all.
Speaker 1: Happening, yeah they, met But ben Met alex for the first. Time how did it? Go it was really. Good it happened, organically and he stopped by the house After sashira's, birthday And alex didn't go to the birthday. Party he was invited By, sashira and he's, like, Look ben AND i haven't met. YET i don't want that to steal any of the, spotlight So i'll just stop by the house. After and Then ben AND i sat by each other at dinner and we were talking AND i, said you, KNOW i rode here with your parents because his parents were in town and they wanted to come over and hang out with. Me so THEN i just rode with them to. DINNER i, said they're going to drop me. Off so they're going to be, there SO i bet they'll Meet. Alex why don't you stop by and meet him. Too let's just rip this band aid off Because i've been waiting for it to happen and it hadn't happened, yet AND i just, thought maybe now it's a good. Time and Then ben said. Okay so it's a little awkward, though Because ben always comes through the back. Door he won't just walk, in but he always parks in the back and comes through the. Porch and this time we're all. Inside his parents are, There alex is, there the kids are, there And ben, parks goes to the front, door. Knocks he can see us all through the, window so you'd think you'd just be, like, hey walk, in so. Knocks everything just seemed very, formal and then he comes in and he sticks his hand out and he goes to Meet alex and they both shake and they do first and last, name real firm grip and just, clear like you, know.
Speaker 2: Be, like, yeah are you holding your breath in that, moment just kind.
Speaker 1: Of like watching it. Happen and my Friend cat was there AND i was looking at her AND i was, like what is? Happening right. Now why are they both acting so? Weird you?
Speaker 2: Know but it is better to be formal than. INFORMAL i suppose in that.
Speaker 1: Situation like be like walking through my front door and then making a beeline and being Like Amy, brown nice to meet, you and then you'd be Like Morgan, hewlesman and so, yeah it. Was it was good. THOUGH i feel, Relief and that was one of my feelings on my podcast this week With Therapy, cat the cat that was at my house that. Night she's my friend also, cat but she's cry okat The Therapy cat AND i talked about on the podcast because we have a feeling of the day on Our Feeling things, Podcast and my feeling was relief that that finally happened AND i can like exhale and it, went it went, well and SO i want TO i want to celebrate that and soak it up AND i look for more. Interactions ben had told me at one point early on in a divorce THAT i had this fantasy in my head that made be whoever we ended up dating next or being with in the, future that we would all take family vacations. Together, Okay and he THOUGHT i was In La La, land AND i will say in the relationship he was in for that, year that was definitely a lot of land statement that would not have. Happened that just would Not AND i can understand. THAT i can understand if some people feel that, way like there's, separation you don't want to have a relationship with that, Person, Okay But ben AND i share, kids and we've known each other since we were, kids AND i think our dynamic is just different than a lot of other. Relationships AND i don't, KNOW i, Started i'm starting to think, like, oh we could be LIKE i don't know that that would really really, happen but we're closer to. It it doesn't seem like so crazy right. Now If ben were to be in a relationship and then we all were decided to like all go hang out and take the kids and do something.
Speaker 2: Well AND i don't feel like it's as weird because even listening to you talk about, it you already have an interesting dynamic in the fact that you're really close To benn's. Parents that's an important thing for you because of so many different life. Events they've been involved in your life since you were very. Young they're around a lot his ex or His how do you say widowed his, wife oh my.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend. Yes oh so his wife is in, laws he has a father in.
Speaker 2: Law, YES i was going to say THAT i would imagine it's.
Speaker 1: Involved, Yeah i've met. Him i've met him a couple times.
Speaker 2: Because he would want them close to. Them so you have some interesting dynamics happening here that you guys are all being very mature and understanding and connecting on. THAT i don't think this idea that you have is really that far. Fetched, yeah, no because a lot isn't could have handle those, dynamics and you guys are handling multiple.
Speaker 1: DYNAMICS i wouldn't say my situation With, Alex i'm handling it, perfectly But i'm. Trying AND i had no issues meeting her dad and her twin sister and her best. Friends i've met them, all and because it's like there's that would not be happening if they had got, divorced if they had been divorced and she was still, Alive, like, Obviously i'm probably not gonna meet her best, friends but they're all in a place where they knew before she passed. Away she, SAID i Want alex to meet somebody make sure that that happens sort of. Things so her best friends are giddy over the moon That alex has met somebody and he's dating. Somebody they're, like oh, gosh you, know and it's gonna be hard for them, because, yeah their best friend passed. Away they also. Know part of something she shared when she was dying WAS i hope he meets, somebody and now they're, like, oh, yay this is, happening and so, yeah it. Is it's interesting territory THAT i never thought i'd be.
Speaker 2: Navigating but, well you're doing it from a bird's eye, view you're doing it. Beautifully. THANKS i know when you're in, it it seems a lot. Different there's a lot of things, happening but from my, perspective you're handling it really, well and you're navigating as best as somebody possibly could given a lot of different.
Speaker 1: Factors thank.
Speaker 2: You SO i hope you know That.
Speaker 1: I'm learning how to receive praise or compliments cats seeing a Therapy. Cat in the, podcast she gave us tips for receiving, compliments and she, said you, know research, shows especially for, women it's really hard to just receive a, compliment like we feel like we have to be like if someone's, like oh nice. Shirt you'd be, like oh, this, UGH i felt gross this, morning or oh This i've had it, forever like you feel like you have to instead of just saying thank, you and so her tip number one is you just say thank you and then your head go, pause, pause, pause. Pods so right Now i'm trying to receive you saying That i'm handling it beautifully from what you can, tell And i'm going to go thank, you and in my head pods pause, pause pose like not say anything. Else, OH i don't have to say, anything just thank.
Speaker 2: YOU i need to do. This my boyfriend loves to be very kind to, me and he's always giving me compliments AND i deflect all of. Them i'm, Like I'M i am literally like if you put up a DEFLECTOR i am. It he'll compliment me and he's, Like i'll be like.
Speaker 1: You cann't stop AND.
Speaker 2: I don't believe. That Or i'll say something just totally off put and he's, like where did that even come? From and he'll just look at me and Say, morgan AND i just have to look at him. BACK i say thank, you like very.
Speaker 1: Quietly now you can go thank. You paus, pus paus.
Speaker 2: Paus he's gonna be, like why are you saying? Pas i'm, Like i'm trying to make this happen in my. Head SO i get. It it's hard and we've been conditioned a certain way and it gets hard to break that. Habit we're gonna take a quick. Break we'll be. Back we have more to talk. About have you had this where you're learning an entirely new? Language SO i remember you bringing up, football and he watches football a. Lot my boyfriend's very interested in golf until he'll text me when he's out, golfing and he the other day he was, LIKE i got a, birdie And i'm like, googling what the heck is a? Birdie And i'm trying to learn and understand this whole new language of golf BECAUSE i NEVER i knew golf. EXISTED i had boyfriends that played, before BUT i was never truly. Invested and now when he texted, Me i'm, like dang, IT i have to learn all these new. Terms and some listener messaged me that a pro tip in golf is anything with a bird is good, news anything not with a bird. Questionable so she's, like pro tip if you ever get a bird text, message it means good, good don't know what it, means AND i have to go. Further but So i'm learning an entirely new language right, now and that language is.
Speaker 1: Golf, Yeah i'm going to need to pick up on. Golf that's something that we've decided we're gonna start doing more. Together he, plays he doesn't play as much as he wants. To that's why he wants us to play together so we can play. More and his fifteen year old son is getting really into, it SO i think he also that's the way he wants to bond with his. Son, yeah SO i see more golf in my. Future SO i got a golf skirt the other.
Speaker 2: DAY i love that you went straight to golf skirt and golf clubs or, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i don't need my own CLUBS i, yet BUT i assume IF i start playing more THAN i. Will BUT i got a cute.
Speaker 2: Skirt, well we love A q. Shirt that's where it. Starts, remember the outfit helps us get excited about.
Speaker 1: Something, yeah Like Deone. Sanders if you look, good you feel. Good if you feel, good you play. Good, yeah if you play, good they pay.
Speaker 2: GOOD i didn't know that was the any part of. THAT i THINK i always ever just heard if you look, good you feel. Good if you feel if.
Speaker 1: You look, good you feel. Good if you feel, good you play. Good that's WHAT i pay. Good they pay.
Speaker 2: Good that last, ONE i did not. Know that is new. Information but, yeah that's where my territory is right. Now and if you want to ask any, questions you. Can BUT i just grilled, you So i'm giving you space to now go me back if you.
Speaker 1: Well LIKE i, mean what about your boyfriend being a part of any of your, Stuff like you have a, podcast and do you think that that's something one day he would? EVER i MEAN i feel LIKE i know it's a little, early but Sometimes ben would do stuff with. Me and even After ben AND i, divorced he came on the podcast and we talked a little bit about co. Parenting but is that and that was Not BEN'S i would. Say out of the seventeen years that we were, married AND i was on the radio the whole time we were, TOGETHER i, mean he was. Involved he was involved with a, microphone LIKE i could fit it all one.
Speaker 2: Hand, Probably, YEAH i don't know THAT i would ever like a show scenario that feels Like i'm just walking him into a lions, den you know WHAT i. Mean but on my, podcast, YEAH i think he would be so up for.
Speaker 1: It what do you think you would talk? About like use you're very into therapy and you're Podcast lean's, Therapeutic like is he open to?
Speaker 2: Therapy, Yes and he's very mental health. Focused and he also has a crazy life story THAT i would love to share and he would love to share. Someday that's really. Cool and also just our relationship and meeting and because it was in real life and it was kind of fate playing a hand in all of that versus dating apps and stuff that stories. Interesting all my friends love to hear, it like gives them hope that you can still meet the old school. Away so those two, things and he's super. Supportive he will always take photos and videos of me all the time without me ever, asking just he's like, HERE i took all these And i'm, like what when did you even do?
Speaker 1: That like if you're just like what are you?
Speaker 2: Doing like If i'm putting together flower bouquets Or i'm hanging out with the, animals like he's just always he loves snapping photos and, videos WHICH i.
Speaker 1: Love that's helpful.
Speaker 2: Because I've i've always dated people who kind of resented that part about me THAT i wanted to take photos and pictures and you, know do my little food posts or any anything like. That it just felt like it was always a. Burden and with, him there is none of. That he's he loves capturing. Content he's not even a content. Person he just likes creating memories through.
Speaker 1: Photos and he's not trying to be like an he. Doesn't he's not asking you to capture.
Speaker 2: Content, no, No but LIKE i love taking pictures and videos of him because that's WHO i was before and he loves. That and he's, like nobody ever took videos and stuff of. Me this is a really Cool it was like nobody ever took them on. Me so this is a cool moment that we're. Having and SO i don't there's no part of me now that feels burdened in that, aspect at least in my side of my.
Speaker 1: Career how long has it been at this, point were over a month and a. Half, so, LIKE i guess your parents will meet him In june when they come for sea.
Speaker 2: Fans, yes, yes they will meet. Him they're very. Excited i've met.
Speaker 1: Have they like face timed with?
Speaker 2: Them, yes they've met on, FaceTime and he's met one of my sisters on FaceTime and My i've met his whole family besides his. Dad dad hasn't been down, yet But i've met everybody. Else so it feels, safe it feels, good it feels right in a lot of. Ways but there's just you, know there's still walls THAT i have up that are slowly coming. DOWN i think over the course of time that's the only thing that will really make those come. Down BUT i have this kind of arbitrary timelines in my head of, well maybe in like six, months it'll feel Like i'll Feel, okay he's not going, Anywhere but it's just me and my past like kind of speaking to me and trying to make me feel LIKE i have to pay attention to these arbitrary timelines that happened in my past relationships or situations where something. Happened So i'm really trying to fight those back and just allow it to be good and safe and, happy because that's what it. Is, yeah you, KNOW i haven't had any reason not to feel that. Way it's really just more my past situations that like to try and creep in WHICH i was prepared. For my therapists THAT i had for a really long, time especially after the abusive, relationship told me the only way THAT i would ever truly heal is like WHEN i felt really safe in a relationship to let things down and guards. Down And i've had moments of that in, relationships BUT i don't know That i've HAD i think it was going to take the right whoever was going to be the right one for it to truly my healing to truly. FINISH i don't know if that makes any, sense Because i've had lessons That i've had a lot of growth and a lot of learning and past, relationships BUT i think Whoever i'm supposed to marry is the one will be the one where the remainder of the really hard healing is going to happen for, me like, internally.
Speaker 1: Right that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense, so and it feels like that's kind of happening in a, way and that scares, Me AND i Think i'm pushing back on her a lot of like, No i'm not ready for that. Yet, yeah you, know so it's, interesting you, know like you, mentioned it's this, internal you're just fighting a lot of things and trying to understand what's, happening trying to understand yourself and your body and what's going on in all these different, moments while also just trying to enjoy the, present the good that's happening to. You so it's an interesting experience That i'm happening right. Now but so, far no, flags lots of.
Speaker 1: Happiness, yeah he sounds like a. Dream he is.
Speaker 2: Everybody all my friends are like obsessed with. THEM i literally got it text from my friend the other day that was, Like, morgan your boyfriend is the sweetest guy, ever even at five, am because he goes to the gym and he'll go work out and she sees. Him she goes to this gym, too and she's, like he's literally the kindest. HUMAN i was, like that's all you ever, want, right is for not only you to feel that, way but everybody around you to also feel that same way about, them.
Speaker 1: Especially if they're nice at five. Am, right who's nice at five? Am i'm.
Speaker 2: Not i'm a little little hungry and steepy girl all the. Time so but, yeah that's where we.
Speaker 1: Are, well that's. EXCITING i KNOW i.
Speaker 2: Need an update on the kiddos before we go into our Next.
Speaker 1: Gray, WELL i was gonna, SAY i would like TO i look forward to meeting.
Speaker 2: Him oh, yeah you definitely.
Speaker 1: Will, yeah my kids Or i'm like my kids Are they're, Like i've got.
Speaker 2: All the kids whatever you want to, say.
Speaker 1: Three other, kids but they're not. There i'm not, there, mom we're Not we're taking things. Slow but let's see my. Kids, stevenson they're about to finish.
Speaker 2: School istash about to finish.
Speaker 1: Finish, No, no she's a junior's one more year. Left, yeah even though she just turned. Eighteen she's obviously with the adoption and them getting here, late like we held them, Back like, stevensince you, know fourteen and still in junior. High or and he's gonna be fifteen this summer and he'll still be in junior. High but they're both doing really. Great Like. Stevenson last, NIGHT i don't, know just bedtime last night was really. Sweet like. EVERYBODY i was, like, hey it's time for, bed and nobody fought me on. It everybody just went to. Bed and THEN i go to their rooms AND i say good, Night but his door was already shut and the dog was in, there so didn't want to open it because the dog will run. Out she loves coming to my. Room and so just through the, DOOR i was, like good, Night. Stephenson and then he just yelled so, loud probably making SURE i could hear it because his door was, shut and he was, like good, night, Mom AND i don't, know it just warmed my heart so, much AND i was, LIKE i loved hearing that yeah from. Him and you, know we went through a season with him for a little bit where it was pretty, rough and it just reminded me how far we have. Come and it's just a special moment for. Me so when you're asking me about the, kids That stevenson's story popped in my. Mind and then So shiraa is doing great, Too like she's like trying to figure out what her summer job is going to, be trying to decide if she wants to apply at clothing boutiques or.
Speaker 2: Restaurants, okay was she still working at her other?
Speaker 1: Restaurants she quit that one track, Seasons like she hasn't been there AND i don't think she wants to go back. There if she does do a, restaurant she'll do a different one just for try some new things, out just, Diversity, yeah a new. Experience but this one restaurant she did want to apply, to it's a little bit further. Away SO i had to talk to her about how the further away you, work that's the more that you're spending on gas. Money and so she was, like, OH i don't know IF i want to do, That AND i was, like, YEAH i, mean if that's really where you want to, work then you weigh that out and you sacrifice the. Gas it's. Fine but at her, Age i'm, like you could, Work you're gonna want to work closer to, home and SO i don't. KNOW i was encouraging to try the boutique this time, around like if she just did the restaurant thing last, time like working in retail and, clothing AND i was, like but you may have to you, know, start you may not be working the floor helping customers right. Away maybe you're working in the back or doing, things which she did have a small job steaming clothes a, boutique which she reached out to. THEM i don't know if she's going to they have anything for her like more than. That so she's hoping for more. EXPERIENCE i think interacting with.
Speaker 2: People she's still wanting to do. HAIR i know at one moment in, time she was wanting to do beauty.
Speaker 1: School oh well Esthetician, okay she wanted to go for face. Stuff, yes she's still interested in.
Speaker 2: That could she be a front desk a place like that or around, YEAH.
Speaker 1: I think for summer they're. Not those jobs are more difficult to get if you're just looking for. Summer but she has asked some of my friends that are in that, field, like, hey CAN i come shadow? You or are you looking for an? INTERN i want to learn? More so she could do that. Too but if she's an, INTERN i don't think she's going to get, paid or if she's just. Shadowing but she's looking to save up some money and she's you, know starting to look at colleges and trying to figure out applying for scholarships and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That so does she want to go to?
Speaker 1: College?
Speaker 2: NOW i know that was also not.
Speaker 1: Really, important not like she wanted to do more of the esthetician school, route which we, supported and now she is thinking she wants the college. EXPERIENCE i think because some of her friends are doing college visits and she went with her best friend to Visit, alabama and when she came back from, THAT i think she was, Like, OH i THINK i do want to have the college. Experience, Yeah and so we'll. See we're trying not to push it either. Way we kind of want to see where she lands with. It But i'm excited for her if she does do, that BECAUSE i think it'd be cool for her to have the full blown, experiment not experiment. Experience but she was saying the other, DAY i THINK i need to get a, dog like A German shepherd IF i go to, college AND i was, like, What first of, all you're going to be in a small space with. Roommates you don't have room for A German. Shepherd they're likely not going to be allowed if you're living in a dorm or an apartment or something like. That and she's, like, What, no it's going to keep me, safe LIKE i don't want to get assaulted or LIKE i was, like where are? You what stories you're hearing on college, campuses WHICH i know that sadly stuff like that does, happen but you could also survive it without A German. Shepherd AND i just don't think that your freshman year of college is when you need to focus on having a big dog because you're going to be going to school and you may have some sort of a job and you're going to need to, study and you're going to have a social.
Speaker 2: Life, yeah it sounds like there might be some fear associated with, college just based on, stories.
Speaker 1: Especially off you, KNOW i think she sees stuff on YouTube and, TikTok like she watches all those. Crimes oh there's this one crime. GIRL i don't even know the person's, name but she breaks down like crazy cases on. YouTube she's just some girl that records them out of her bedroom And i've watched some of them with. HER i WISH i could remember the person's. Name she's got millions of. Viewers but so she is very into, those And i'm, like maybe we need to cut back on that BECAUSE i think that's why you think you need A German.
Speaker 2: Shepherd, well and she loves, horror, right, yeah loves. IT i feel like between the crime and the horror, stuff we're definitely IMPACTING i know a little bit of. Power how she feels in, safety, right and that's. Fair, YEAH i totally get. It but, yeah definitely No German shepherd freshman year of.
Speaker 1: COLLEGE i know definitely you don't have time for. That, yeah and also or, money, like, Yeah i'm like A german shepherd that requires a lot of. Care there's vet, bills shedding tons of. Food you're not thinking this.
Speaker 2: THROUGH i really appreciate that we are going from a bird to A german. Shepherd.
Speaker 1: YEAH i like the evolution of the. Bird, definitely a bird could not protect, her or a cat like she loves her, Cat, maggie that would not protect. Her, No so she just wants protection And i'm, like get some mace OR i bought her one of those. Birdies.
Speaker 2: Yeah the there's also an app chain things so that she can have on her phone that she can hold onto whenever she goes, places and if she releases her, hand it calls nine one. One that's WHAT i used a lot in called.
Speaker 1: GOSH i would have. TO i feel LIKE i would accidentally release my hand and.
Speaker 2: Be, like oh, shoot, WELL i think when you're that. TENSE i would be tents, sometimes walking in dark places AND i would just like grip my.
Speaker 1: Phone so that's when you would pull it, Up like if you're walking on campus at night by yourself or.
Speaker 2: Something and all of your. TIME i would somebody IF i was, walking so somebody was on the, phone but if nobody could answer or. Somebody it was kind of just my backup. Plan but it was there and it was, ready AND i felt safe because IF i released it and didn't put, like you can release it FOR i think it's three, seconds but if you put it back, on then it won't call nine one. One if you release it and you never put it back, on it will call nine one to your direct. Location, gotcha it's on like safe, Light. Homelight i'd have to look it. Up but so there's so many things that she could.
Speaker 1: Have, yeah, yes and like here's a key. Chain you don't need A german, shepherd you.
Speaker 2: Know BUT i shout out to. Her she's dreaming for the stars AND i appreciate that about. Her we're gonna take another quick break and we'll be back for maybe some stories From, Austin texas for a. Festival how was The iHeart festival for, You Austin? Texas what was it like going back for? You especially living In nashville for so long, NOW.
Speaker 1: I i get asked that question like every TIME i go, back, like oh my, Gosh you're going to see family And i'm, like it's so. Awkwards i'm, LIKE i don't have family there, Anymore like my sister moved To, colorado my mom, died my dad, died nobody's. THERE i do have friends that are still, there and my cousin is In, wimberley which is outside Of, austin so it's not necessarily super easy to get. To it's not, like, oh you're In. Austin so Obviously i'm going to see my cousin because it's a little bit of a hike To. Wimberley BUT i do like going. Back it's just not the. Same it's very busy and, trafficky and we're we're staying like our hotel to the, venue there's a lot of, construction and so it just feels, like, yeah like IF i. Could we're very busy, Too so IF i had time to actually get out and enjoy a few, THINGS i THINK i would love. It LIKE i normally do try to go like. Hike we used to call it back in the Day Town, lake but now It's Ladybird. Lake IF i go do, that that's very life giving to. Me AND i didn't get to do that this, trip SO i was kind of, sad but of COURSE i Love. Austin it'll always be home for. Me it just doesn't feel the same going. Back and THEN i there's the awkward like are you gonna see?
Speaker 2: Family, yeah And you're like, okay we have to do this, again And i'm like no want Wam it was. INTERESTING i Love, austin BUT i don't have the experience that. You BUT i do know what that feeling is like WHENEVER i go back To wichita and so much has changed and you've just been gone for a long, time and life is, different even though my. Family that is the different part is my family's all still. There there's so much that has changed and all your, favorites a lot of things have, gone new things have replaced, them or just a lot of change WHEN i don't, know tourism is more likely In austin than In, wichita but when new businesses come in and it just changes the layout and the environment of a place like. That SO i know that. Feeling but Also austin to me has always always been, strange literally because WHAT i knew About austin BEFORE i ever visited it Was austin is. Weird their slogan or mode At boston, weird Keep boston. Weird and so WHEN i first went, THERE i, said, yeah it's a little, strange there's some strangeness to, it but good. Weird it's fun. Weird and every TIME i, GO i JUST i always experience some, funny quirky, things especially If i'm walking Down Sixth street or, something AND i just witness weirder things THAN i Think i've witnessed in any. City And i've spent a lot of time In, denver which is supposed to be like the comparison Of austin of the, weirdness AND i Think austin Wins austin.
Speaker 1: PIZZA i think.
Speaker 2: So BUT i always get breakfast. Tacos that's my. THING i will always eat breakfast, tacos like from a specific place or just, NO i like try and go to new places THAT i haven't been and because that's JUST i feel Like austin is really good for breakfast tacos, Definitely so that's What i'll always. Get it's always on the. MENU i try and get it both days or especially even in the airport on the way, Back i'll get a breakfast. TACO hm just makes me.
Speaker 1: HAPPY yea favorite kind of breakfast.
Speaker 2: COCCO i love anything where they put a potato and, egg so it's not really. Hard Because i'm. Vegetarians you can't add a whole lot of, things but as. Long there's some places that don't make potato and egg breakfast, tacos but anytime they. Do there's one place at the, airport AND i can't remember what they're, called but their potato egg is mashed potato with egg and then they add avocado to it and it's so.
Speaker 1: Yummy Oh i'm trying to think of what is there at the. AIRPORT i like the migas breakfast taco all always from. Anywhere migas is.
Speaker 2: It that's scrambled, eggs a specific kind of?
Speaker 1: Cheese, well they may they may use. IT i don't know if every place may have a different type of cheese that they, use but it's typically just like a like a HOW i make. Migas so there's like maybe some rotel type, situation so like a tomato pepper concoction and then, eggs, cheese tortilla strips or like you, know like a crunch like you get that in. There that's that's migas for.
Speaker 2: Me got?
Speaker 1: It and it's wrapped up in a tortilla with some avocado and maybe a dipping.
Speaker 2: Sauce, Okay and the dipping sauces are always so. Spicy WHENEVER i go To, austin the spicy sauce always gets me BECAUSE i think it's not gonna be. Spicy sitting, There i'm, like you start sweating Because i'm a. Baby i'm a baby when it comes to spices THAT i am.
Speaker 1: Too i'm not good at.
Speaker 2: It i'm trying to expand my, palate BUT i swear every time one of my friends who like spicy food will try something and they'll be, like it's not, spicy you're, Fine and THEN i, Eat i'm, like, guys that was so, hot and my mouth is dying AND i have to like chug water AND i feel like such a. Child but in my, FAIRNESS i have come a long way BECAUSE i did used to put sugar in, salsa so.
Speaker 1: Okay AND i feel LIKE i used to think that that was weird when you would say, That but THEN i feel LIKE i got messages after, that and then even started looking at ingredients and sometimes sugar is added to the to the. RECIPE i know you were doing it to counter so you were adding extra BUT i JUST i ever associated sugar at all with. It but in some jars if you look at the, back there's added.
Speaker 2: Sugar, well so this this is funny about this. TOO i was making the homemade enchilada, sauce which tends to be pretty mild and it calls for chili. Powder, WELL i was making this enchilata sauce AND i didn't have chili, powder SO i added cayenne. Pepper, OH i didn't realize how much cayenne PEPPER i, added and it was so. Spicy SO i ended up having to add sugar to my enchilada sauce and it was kind of a, mess but it ended up tasting really. Good BUT i added a crap ton of sugar that was supposed to be something that was relatively, healthy and it was just. Not it tasted very sweet and then the, ending, though was still really. Spicy and SO i would finish eating my enchiladas AND i would just be. Stewetty oh, yeah it was not a Good you're still gonna have to kick.
Speaker 1: There, well you were telling your story. TOO i tried to look up taco restaurants at the. Airport so is It Taco.
Speaker 2: DELI i think it Was Taco. Deli, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to think because if anybody wanted to know if they're traveling through The Austin. Airport WHAT i love about the airport there is it's all local. Places so if you don't have time to drive out To driftwood to Get Salt lake, barbecue you can get salt like barbecue at the.
Speaker 2: Airport, yes and there's a food. Truck there's two Places i've had breakfast tacos in. There there's a food truck that has you literally walk up to it and it's a food. Truck and Then Taco, deli Which Taco deli is consistently. Good is that A texas chain for?
Speaker 1: TACOS i mean there's multiple locations In, austin BUT i don't know if that says. Here Taco deli handcrafted tacos Across, texas So i'm not quite sure where it. Started but, yeah we would Get Taco deli. Back you, know when we were working at the station In, austin a coffee shop across the street from us would Carry Taco deli's. Tacos it's Called Rudo Maaya, coffee and we would go get the tacos and they were so. Good and then speaking of, Barbecue rudy's has breakfast tacos and they would drop off tacos Every thursday at the station and it was so. Good and they would do pigs in a blanket. Too they would drop off breakfast tacos and pigs and a blanket AND i was, like, oh this was.
Speaker 2: Like to get food all the. Time we don't have that.
Speaker 1: Experience, well when we were going over to the coffee shop to get Taco, deli we were paying for. It but Every thursday When brutis would drop it, off it was treat and that was so. Awesome SEE i love that tons of, tacos lots of. Tacos we'd be like, breakfast this is breakfast. Lunch that was back, when, yeah we were just starting out and we free food WAS i, mean free food is always, great but especially in our early. Twenties, yeah, yeah free food was.
Speaker 2: Everything that's one of my favorite inventions of food Is mexican food with. Breakfast AND i don't think UNTIL i finally went To austin DID i ever realized like breakfast.
Speaker 1: Burritos so they didn't have that growing up In, wichita.
Speaker 2: Not anywhere THAT i went because, like Our mexican food was on the Border Taco, bell and we never really Went Taco. Bell we had A Taco tico if that was also a fast food, joint AND i never went. There we always Chose Taco bell, because especially in the, Nineties Taco bell looks so. Cool it was a cool LITTLE i don't know the pastels that they had or, Whatever but we never went to any Local mexican. RESTAURANTS i, know now there's a, lot but WHEN i was growing, up, no for, sure we did all the, Chains Texas roadhouse And Olive. Gordon we had a lot of, chains so Don't it wasn't really UNTIL i was in college THAT i learned about breakfast in, tacos and a lot of restaurants started putting breakfast tacos on their. Menus kind of became a thing at one. Point but then WHEN i went To austin was WHEN i really, realized like what breakfast tacos were supposed to taste, Like and you, know like the really good, ones.
Speaker 1: The, authentic, good, stuffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah because you get it From american restaurants and they're. GOOD i love a breakfast taco no matter. What but THEN i went To austin and it ruined me BECAUSE i had really good breakfast burritos and breakfast.
Speaker 1: Tacos you gotta find when it comes To mexican restaurants In, texas you gotta find just like the the places that you're, like you, Question you're, LIKE i don't, know SHOULD i go in? THERE i, mean that's what my dad would always. Do he's, like, oh the more like he would just call him a hole in the wall type, place even for, burgers not Just mexican, Food, like the more hole in the wall, Looks he's, like the better it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be that is, True he's not. Wrong is it a place where he has a burger named not for? Him also a hole in the?
Speaker 1: Wall oh that's, Big Daddy's, no not. Real, NO i would call that more of like a like A texas roadhouse type. Situation oh, okay shout out. Dad, Yeah well he had a that was a they had some of those restaurants and he was it's, where, uh the one In odessa he had for, Years like WHEN i go visit, him he moved To odessa for a little bit after him and my mom. SPLIT i guess to probably quiet down some of the buzz because he was leaving her for somebody. Else so they Moved odessa for a little, bit AND i would go visit him for spring. Break AND i was the hostess At Big, daddies SO i would host us there and uh then, yeah HE i, GUESS i guess still. THERE i don't know who owns it now or, what but there's Still my half sister was In odessa for something and they decided to go eat A Big daddy's and she opened up the menu and there was Cliffs burger still on the. Menu that's.
Speaker 2: WILD i, know it's cool that it's still there though years.
Speaker 1: Later, YEAH i love.
Speaker 2: That, okay we're gonna end us on a celebrity. Story do you have a celebrity story From iHeart?
Speaker 1: Festival, WELL i told this one on the, Show My Sam hunt story where he fell in front of it. Fell, WELL i didn't, fall BUT i dropped all my luggage in front of, him AND i might as well have. Fallen it's. RIDICULOUS i was about to start A Thomas rhett interview On hulu and his phone started ringing and he was, like, oh what's. This he looked at it was his wife, calling AND i, thought and The hulu hits are, live and SO i was, like, oh shoot to answer a phone call from his wife and then we're gonna go and have to. Stall but he was, Like i'll call her Rag AND i was, like, oh, see stars are just like. Us like he's at work doing his, thing but his wife is, like, OH i got to call my. HUSBAND i have a. Question or maybe he's not on. STAGE i, mean because he was also about to take the.
Speaker 2: Stage, Well AND i feel like she wouldn't call for no reason either, too because of his work. Environment so she mustn't called because something was going, on.
Speaker 1: Yeah or she could have JUST i don't think it was anything serious because if he was alarmed by, that he would have picked it. UP i don't think he would. Have, Yeah so they probably are just used to, talking which that's the whole. Thing like some people do not call their spouses or their significant others on the. Job that was shocking to, Me like therapy. Cats she told me she just never called her husband at, work AND i was, like WHAT i would Call ben all the. TIME i, MEAN i guess when he was in the military it was. Different. Uh but and my BOYFRIEND i call. HIM i call. Him i'll call him as soon as we get done here we, Leave, yeah and Then i'll call him, again just, hey what are you's? Doing i'm? Working, okay you know. So BUT i put up a thing about it On instagram a couple of months, ago AND i was shocked at how divided some people. Were they're, like oh my, gosh, YEAH i would never call my spouse at work, ever and again it depends on what your spouse. Does but just the fact that it's a thing of, like, no they're at, work why WOULD i call. Them i'm like to see what's.
Speaker 2: Up that kind of shocks me BECAUSE i feel like most people when they were kids would call their parents while they ARE i don't know how many TIMES i would pick up the home phone just to bother my parents at work for the stupidest. Things.
Speaker 1: YEAH i, mean maybe.
Speaker 2: People are traumatized from that, experience and others are, like, NAH i did it all the, time.
Speaker 1: Or to your, point depending how they grew, up maybe their parents had jobs where they couldn't call them and so they just it doesn't occur to them to just call theirs their, Partner, yeah because, YEAH i would call to your, POINT i would call my parents all the time, too AND i definitely call my, boyfriend probably too. Much and then sometimes he's, Like, OKAY i gotta, go And i'm, like, WELL i just got done with work because our schedules are very, different AND i was, LIKE i have a twenty minute drive, Home like what AM i supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Now isn't it funny? Too? HOW i don't know if you've ever seen those memes or videos where you call somebody when you're on a drive home and they don't call you back until you pull in the garage and you're, like, NO i don't want to talk to you. NOW i only want to talk to you BECAUSE i would drive me.
Speaker 1: Home, yes. Hilarious it's like you're at, home or they'll show it's like a girl at home like eating, popcorn WATCHING, tv literally doing nothing but her phone rings and she ignores. It and she's like when that person calls that you called when you were driving because you're still not doing, anything like you could totally, answer but it's, like oh, no, no you missed your. WINDOW i know when you had way more energy or you were in the mood to. Talk they may never.
Speaker 2: MIND i take it.
Speaker 1: Back, yeah you may not find that energy again for another five. Days, yeah, yep very.
Speaker 2: Real all, Right, amyel thanks for joining, Me thanks for talking about, boyfriend, kids all the life.
Speaker 1: Updates thank. You same to you before we.
Speaker 2: Leave just you're. Good how are you.
Speaker 1: Feeling i'm.
Speaker 2: Great perimantal pause everything.
Speaker 1: Perimidal pausal stuff is you, know it's ebbs and. Flows, yeah so you never. Know speaking of by, HER i did have a little bit of A i was emotional and. HORMONAL i had a moment With Elizabeth, fazio who we work. With we're. BACKSTAGE i had to let out a quick cry for a, second AND i was, LIKE i looked at her AND i was, LIKE i don't know what is. HAPPENING i really. DON'T i was, LIKE i don't know Why i'm. CRYING i cannot explain this right. Now and that's one of those things where it's just, Like, god this is so. Unprofessional nobody else saw me besides, her SO i felt, okay but it just made me want to like hug a lot of women that maybe just need to let out a cry where literally at their, job there's no way they could do, it and you have to go hide and find a. Space SO i just want to normalize random tears at work when you're you, know you're estrogen might be a little off or something, LIKE i don't know it. Was that was a, CRAZY i heart. Story i've never had that.
Speaker 2: Happen it feels really out of body where you just feel.
Speaker 1: Yes BECAUSE i like focus and like get my job done and like do WHAT i need to. Do AND i was. VACCAGING i was, Like, ELIZABETH i don't know what's, happening but we need to go over here in the dark right, now because like tears are flowing AND i JUST i feel off AND i need to feel. On and so it was LIKE i got it out and THEN i felt a little bit. Better so that released some chemicals THAT i needed to help me. Survive so, YEAH i know a lot of other women are going through. It SO i just want to send you a hug through the. Podcast and, also if you're a guy listening and you have a woman in your life that might be going through, it just remember to have some compassion and grace because she may act in a way that is confusing to her as. Well it doesn't excuse our, behavior but sometimes maybe you just get curious about, hey, uh let's let's let's. Pause what what could really be going? On you, know instead of thinking, that you, know we're just sacting all, Crazy you're not.
Speaker 2: Crazy your body's just betraying you a little.
Speaker 1: Bit and we'll even know that it's like betraying because it's so it's part of the. Process it's like literally what is supposed to be, happening but also.
Speaker 2: Crap because why do we have to have?
Speaker 1: That you know WHAT i, mean that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Want that's WHERE i feel. Betrayed is this feels very one sided, exactly AND i don't appreciate that experience for all of you guys that are going through. It all, Right we'll tell the people where they can find to hear you all that good.
Speaker 1: Stuff At Radio amy On socials and podcast Is Feeling Things, podcasts which that's also the social handle for that, show and you can download and listen wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: To podcasts, awesome and you can follow me at Web Girl morgan take this personally as my. Podcast we have lots of good stuff up. There if you want some extra content Between amy and myself you know everybody else. Too you, Know amy AND i are sitting right here and go subscribe to the show YouTube page At Bobby Bone. Show bye Everybody.
Speaker 1: Bye that's the best bits of the week With.
Speaker 2: Morgan thanks for.
Speaker 1: Listening be sure to check out the other two parts this.
Speaker 2: Weekend go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web Girl morgan to submit your listener a questions for next week's. Episode