Speaker 1: He is Drink Chants mother fucking podcast man Sime.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queens rapper. He's agreed as your boy.
Speaker 3: In O R E.
Speaker 4: He's a Miami hip hop pyoneer put up as d J e f N.
Speaker 2: Together, they drink it up with some.
Speaker 4: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 2: And your number one source for drunk drink chans every day is New Year's S.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's time for Drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Drink up for the Yeah, what's up? How can I assist you today?
Speaker 4: Oh no, we're just getting ready to uh do this interview, So just stay on the standby because we don't drink Champs and I just wanted you to, like, you know, be posted up because about to go in. It's legendary the shows dope.
Speaker 6: That sounds absolutely legendary, you know what I mean. Getting ready for Drink Champs is big vibes. I'm here for you on standby, ready to jump in whenever you need you feel me.
Speaker 2: A man series just save the world? Are you ready? Would it good? Be?
Speaker 3: Hoping?
Speaker 2: Should be?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: Your boy in r E, d J e f N and his drink taf Now.
Speaker 1: Now we've been doing this for eight years and we like to do our due diligence. When I tell you, when I was doing research on this man, it was one of the.
Speaker 2: Funniest I've ever done. This man has put us on to AI in two thousand and ten.
Speaker 1: He is hands down one of the best producers in the world. He can make any type of music. He has made every type of music. He is a writer, producer.
Speaker 2: Fashion icon, f one representative.
Speaker 1: To me, he's just one of the he's He is hands down one of the most unique individuals.
Speaker 2: In this world.
Speaker 4: Thanks bro, he is.
Speaker 1: In case you don't know who were talking about, we talking about the one, the only, the impeccable motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I'm off top drinking some Japanese whiskey to you. So, I watching.
Speaker 1: That video from twenty and ten when you're speaking about AI and what it's going to do almost was scary, Like I had goose watching it because you hit it on the nose. You said exactly what AI is and.
Speaker 2: Did you did you? How did you research that?
Speaker 4: Like? So, I like to hunt. I like to go out and just get as much information as possible, pattern match and then like project out what is the next five to ten years look like. So at that point in time, I was hanging out in my t a lot when Black Eyed Peas would go out.
Speaker 7: And tour Boston.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. And there was a professor by the name rest in Peace, professor, Professor Patrick Winston, who was the head of AI at m I T And I was like really just hyped on, you know, the concept of AI, the promise of AI. And at that point in time, the world was in a AI winching, meaning the folks that were developing AI. The funding was sparse and not a lot of like folks was really hip. What years is exactly wrong? When I was going to tea hanging out in professional Patrick Winston's class, that was two thousand and seven, eight nine, so super early and development wow. And so I was so like And then at that point in time I started working at Intel. I was in the futurist department at Intel. Wow. And the whole premise of these futurist departments, like you're supposed to be super plausible. If somebody shows you something, you can't just give you opinion. If you don't like it, you got to give them, you know, reasons on why you don't like it, and then how to improve it. If you don't have a reason on how to improve it, then save your opinion.
Speaker 7: Like that's and then because where it can go.
Speaker 4: That's how you're like super valuable in these types of brainstorming sessions.
Speaker 7: And so my first couple of sessions.
Speaker 4: They kept calling me back because I would, you know, look around corners, see how like certain technologies will play out. So from that like projecting out like wow, if a computer could do this right now, and we're moving to digital and napture happened in two thousand and compute is getting even more indistinguishable. Like a piano sounds pretty a synth piano sounds like a freaking you know, a real big ass you know, Yamaha Steinway. And if compute and synthesizers can do like that, well then that means the projection of that well, we just a matter of time before the computer will understand the whole entire English language, being able to take all the timbers of the voice high notes, low notes, and you'll be able to type in lyrics and the machine will sing it, say it, produce it. And that was unheard of in two thousand and nine, because the Transformer wasn't the Transformer paper wasn't written yet. So folks that don't know what the Transformer paper, the t and chat GPT comes from.
Speaker 8: The Google Transformer paper the t ST contused with decepticons and autobots.
Speaker 4: Turns out that ain't too sci fi, that that actually could come to it. That that that's plausa the robotic Transformer. Yeah, that ain't too far to be able to have like some type of machine take a different form and speaking ship. Back in the eighties, when we were watching cartoons that were like, yeah, right, that ain't real, you know, It's like Aladdin wasn't real the genie in the bottle.
Speaker 7: Turns out that's just real.
Speaker 1: Right, So I want to tell you a story. I knew I was going to start off with this. I went to go see Buster Rhymes in the studio. Bust was in the studio with you, right, and at the time that you're so on fire, Like I was so scared to talk to you, right, I was like until I actually mentioned and I realized that you was cool as ship.
Speaker 2: Right, But I don't know if you had knew.
Speaker 1: This guy in the hallway, like you went to the like it was going somewhere and I don't know if you knew this guy, but you see a Mexican dude, right, and you.
Speaker 2: Was like oh that he and I looked at you. I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like you turned full fledged Mexicans like I saw you.
Speaker 2: And for years I was telling people this story right, and people was like I was, I was, I was spreading in the rumor. I was like, man, I think, well I am is a Mexican gang member.
Speaker 4: I was telling.
Speaker 1: People, was like, no, you're crazy in your wild until you did Big Boys neighborhood just now and you actually did the accident, and now I actually got to see it, and I was like, you finally got me under the hot water, Like because so, I guess this is a long question you're from.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to ask this.
Speaker 4: See mom, don your fucking life like I grew up right there on a street and Olympic and no disrespectful because a lot of motherfuckers are gonna hear me and ship They're gonna think I'm clowning, disrespectful, not even home. This is when I grew up food, This is how I was. Don everybody in my neighbor out, they know me like what's up? And in there in the way they're watching this ship, like Willie don You're you're not a shoutouts out, what's up? What's up? What's up here? Drink chet, you know, don't tell my fucking mom I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you because.
Speaker 1: For years, growing up in New York, black and brown people are like Simon Taylors together.
Speaker 2: A lot of times.
Speaker 1: When I went to the Los Angeles, I didn't see that. So me hearing you like it like that was the first time I said I heard that because I was like, whoa, like you know, like you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I was trying to say. It's like.
Speaker 1: In the East Coast was so like intertwined, but in the West Coast it's not.
Speaker 2: But when I met, when I, you know, found out your situation, I was like, oh ship.
Speaker 4: I was signing Easy. I signed Easy when I was sixteen years old. And he was like, ain't nigga the mother's fucking essays?
Speaker 7: Love your ass, nigga.
Speaker 4: I was like, because he knew people from my neighborhood, he was like, nigga, you crazy nigga, Like look.
Speaker 7: At how you dressed nigga.
Speaker 4: I always thought you was weird niggas, Like now now makes sense, nigga because you like because everybody thought we was either Dominican or Panamanians. It makes sense right because if you like Krispy Dark like me, and you had like growing up, I had a thick Mexican accent. It was like there's not many Afro Mexicans that people know.
Speaker 7: Or blowlos or blowlas.
Speaker 4: A blowlo is a black trolo, and a blowla is a black trola like, and there's a lot of there's a lot of blolos food, and like when I go home, it'll be like sock check food. Sock check is trollos. They were high socks, oh ship, like socks be high all the time.
Speaker 2: When I play handball, my socks is high.
Speaker 4: All the time, like right now, like my ship's high up. So they're gonna be like a food you want to drink chan food socks. I'm like, hell yeah, I love.
Speaker 7: I love my neighborhood. I love I love Boyle.
Speaker 4: Heights, like to to my heart, like like I went back to my neighborhood. I started my school teaching kids robotics and computer science in two thousand and eight and now that I had sixty five kids in my program. Now with my partnership with LAUSD, we serve over fourteen thousand students in LA. We win four hundred schools or robotics computer science like Royal Heights, East, LA. Like my people still there. My aunt works at the homeless shelter. My uncle still to this day is the basketball coach keeping the kids off the street. Like that. If I wasn't doing music, orf I didn't have success, we would still be in the neighborhood. We would still be doing the work that we do across the street from our school. My aunt works at the police station. Like we got a six four nine four five. That's my aunt.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Every time I go back home, be like, hey Willie, we love your aunt full, your whole family dog. You know you guys are really cool for the neighborhood. Like my life to this day black and brown. It was always feuding in LA, but they showed my family love from the fifties. We've been in the projects in since the fifties, Wow, like projects. Like when I moved my mom oft to projects, we was crying like I'll be back, so I still go back every time I'm home. I go back on Sundays like clockwork. When I'm home, I still shop at the supermarket on Thanksgiving to get my maside to make my fucking Tamali's. I'm like, for real, that's life. So it's a part of your DNA. Yeah, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Let's speak. I was so happy when you do.
Speaker 1: I told y'all because I didn't know if I was catching like a moment, like I didn't. I didn't know what I saw when I saw it, But I was like, yo, he's a mannerism. It's the same like it's like, you know, it's a certain thing like Puerto Ricans this.
Speaker 2: No, you can't say the Mexican. You just can't. It's in you. It's not and.
Speaker 7: So but it's a center the thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not in no way am I being disrespectful or like because the folks, for folks that may see it, and they don't know where I come from. I know what that looks like. That looks like a man like what's this fuckerre doing? Dog? Like this fucker rooms like No, it's not like that's how I was raised. I can't help where I was born and raised. I can't help like the community that that is a part of my the bricks, it's a part of my like my structure, and I love it. I love it. Like I went, there's this artist by the name of Juwan Sebastian rest in Peace.
Speaker 7: He's like a regional.
Speaker 4: Hero icon and then from Mexico, and so I did a song with Juwan Sebastian, like way before people were doing regional stuff. In two thousand and uh eleven to twelve, I flew down to Mexico, worked with Juwan Sebastian, called my next door neighbors like Calvin.
Speaker 7: No, not Calvin, it was Noad, no wad. Put your dad on the phone.
Speaker 4: Food. He was like, fucking Willie Dog. Where you at.
Speaker 7: I'm like, well, I'm in Mexico.
Speaker 4: Food, I want to I want your dad to talk to Juan Sebastian, Big, big Fabian his dad's name is Fabian. Gets on the phone. He was like, I really talking to me in Spanish. I'm like, hey, Fabian, I want to introduce you to Juwan Sebastian. No, moms, Wayne, can I see how? And he was talking and treating his to his hero because when we were growing up, we would do posadas like when to bring the Virgin married to everybody's house, and because we grew up Baptist Apostolic, and so I would just follow the Virgin Mary going around the house and.
Speaker 7: Noah's dad would be singing.
Speaker 4: Drunk like whiss up like singing and ship and that was a beautiful moment by our little village, our little neighborhood. It's like, it's like I said, that that community, that world. It's it's why Black Eyed Peace feels foreign, like I don't really get we really get where they're from. And that's because we were part of this, come from this little small cut called Boil Heights.
Speaker 7: We loved hip hop.
Speaker 4: Still to this day, loved hip hop, not just n W a people love tribe KMD like we was tagging and and and that was our entry point. So for folks that didn't understand us, look or didn't understand me, I'm a black sikin and love it unapologetic like high socks every day. And that resonated internationally, yeah big time.
Speaker 1: I mean, one thing that comes across is Black Eyed Peas made global music. Like like I remember me going out and getting my first like number one and me seeing other people showing up to my concert, Like I remember I did Super Doug and there was no there.
Speaker 2: Was no more more not not.
Speaker 1: Not Black people wasn't coming to my concert.
Speaker 2: But it was. It was global. It was bigger than me, right, So different racists started to come, and I didn't know how to cater to those. To me, To me, every time I made global music, I almost made it by mistake.
Speaker 1: To me, global music that you make to me, it seems like you deliberately are doing this on purpose to please everybody.
Speaker 2: Is that something? No?
Speaker 4: I go on the studio like the scientists, and I try to figure out, like, okay, how can this go? How can this go as wide and make as much impact on this earth as possible. It's like if you tagging, you want to get up on the heavens. You want that freeway overpass, you want that train that goes through all boroughs. If you're tagging in the alleys, only a couple of people going to see that tag. So I want all city. It's tagging mentality. I want to get up, I want landmarks. I want it never to be a race. That same mentality, that competitiveness, like oh man, what you want top forty ratings? How do I get everywhere? How do I get everywhere? I know what the project is like? Right, I want to change my projects. I just don't want to talk about my projects. I want to go back to my projects and change it.
Speaker 7: For the better. And so.
Speaker 4: When I enter the studio, this is the realm that I go into that impacts the globe. Why wouldn't you want Why My thing is like, why wouldn't I want to have business? And you're grind Paraguay? Why don't I want to have business in you know, uh, Salvador, Guatemadaa, Nikodawa.
Speaker 7: Chile, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Venezuela.
Speaker 4: Why don't I want to impact Panama and Colombia and Cuba and Puerto Rico. Why don't I want to be in Kazakhstan? Who's Pakistan? Azurebraijan? Why don't I want to be all Lithuania, Estonia? Why don't I want to have Russia and Georgia? Why don't I want to be in Laos and Cambodia and Philippines and Indonesia and Thailand and Japan and South Korea, in Hong Kong and China.
Speaker 7: Why don't India.
Speaker 4: Why don't I want all across the content of Africa. Why don't you want to go to Ethiopia? Why don't you want to go to Sedan? Why don't you want to go liberate folks and show them that black folks.
Speaker 7: Can have global impact?
Speaker 4: And I think it's a setup that black folks don't have that global impact perspective. I think they've set us up not to want to have global business and be local. That's a setup. That's a mindset that, whether we like it or not, we've been conditioned not to see ourselves as global impactors. Like there's a song called rock Rock the Planet Rock. I took that shit person seriously. Oh wait, wait, you want to rock the planet, Rock the planet rock? Those stop? Like, oh wow, those are coordinates, say no more, let's go rock the planet. I just didn't think it was like a metaphor. Those are serious coordinates to go out do business. Rock Rock the planet, rock, don't stop. Right, that's my whole like, let's get it, let's do it as big as possible.
Speaker 9: And it's crazy that mentality would be there when it's a fact that hip hop is a global phenomenon and it has been for a very long time, and we just it feels like less and less the United States and the and the and the artists here wanting to take advantage of that or go further out of of their areas and see the global impact and the global business they could be doing.
Speaker 7: Yo, bro, the planet is amazing.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful place to be selling stadiums outside of the States arenas by yourself. It's it's a beautiful thing to.
Speaker 7: Be able to do that.
Speaker 4: And I think because I grew up in an all Mexican neighborhood, went to an all white school, black family, went to all black urch hung out with Filipinos on the weekends. Started your group with a Filipino. That is the you're a Ruber's Q of all that? Yeah, that's l A and what turned out to be the Black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 1: Because because like the group is so different, right, remember I remember the only people that they can compare you guys to was like the foojis right, I remember, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, I also looked like white cleff Okay, but we looked like twins.
Speaker 2: Did the comparisons kind of stopped when you guys added Fergi to the group.
Speaker 4: No, because the music we were making was it really that that? I mean?
Speaker 9: Me as a DJ back then, I didn't never had that comparison, Like I never put the I got.
Speaker 4: I got called white clep, really cleft. I'm like music because looks what if you look like a duct you? So that's just the reality. And so I would always tell myself the moment somebody calls white cleft, will I am? I made it.
Speaker 2: Tonight? So one time, hold on, I love you.
Speaker 7: I love you Clep. That's like my big brother.
Speaker 4: So one time I had had this concert and uh, And I was always in my thing like the moment because every time we would do a show we opened up for the food.
Speaker 7: We opened up for.
Speaker 4: White cleft on the Smoking Goroose to our first tour, and they would always be like, why cleft. I'm like, I ain't white cleft. Everywhere I'll go, Why cleft? Why clup? And so I always told myself the moment somebody calls him will I am?
Speaker 7: Is when I make it.
Speaker 4: So one day we're doing a show at the Central Park, some girl comes up to me.
Speaker 7: The little girl says, can I take a picture of you?
Speaker 4: Whill I am? And I'm like, oh sure? And then uh, he says, uh. The White Cleff comes up, He's like, you know, will my daughter really thinks I look like you. I'm like made.
Speaker 10: It like that's crazy, But yeah, I don't know if it was a daughter of his family member, but I love White Cleft like that dude really would like Busta Chuck d you know Cypress Hill Mop that would always show us love on our first tour, like man, y'all got something.
Speaker 4: Y'all dancing out there because we were like dancers, like we wanted to dance all the time and differentiate ourselves from folks. But yeah, when your heroes give you love and show you you know your recipe, they respect your recipe. They may not fuck with it one hundred percent, but they respect the recipe. That's all you need. And that first like nod to like I see what is you're trying to do for me? It was easy. That dude just like responsible for my audacity, my ambition, and my hunt to go out and be an entrepreneur because I saw him not only as an artist but a businessman entrepreneur. Take breaking the mold, like why would we sign the ruthless? But all the people he could have signed when Dre. When Ice Cube and Dre left, why would we sign there? I have a song with them called Niggas and Jews that we recorded in nineteen ninety two, another song called Mary motherfucking Christmas say I right, but still like why out of all the people in LA and so I take that with like that, that's the only stamp you need. Go out there and be yourself. Don't have to try to fit in like that, try to fit in your How can you fit in when you're your shape? You don't even see your shape on the board. So there's no need for me to fit in. I just build a new table. How did you guys? Specifically you guysn't Easy? I used to freestyle and at this wrap back competition which is battle People, and so he saw me freestyling and signed me just off of my freestyle.
Speaker 2: Really so it wasn't Black Eyed Peas, No.
Speaker 7: No, no, it was a group before that.
Speaker 4: We was in a group before the Black Eyed Peas, and we recorded from ninety two to three four five, and when he passed away in ninety five, that summer we started the Black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 9: One thing we've noticed with Easy is we've been hearing a lot of stories of people that he was about to mess with or he was gonna sign like he wasn't just a game. It's incredible how many lies he touched for real.
Speaker 7: No, dude, if.
Speaker 4: He never passed away, I think the whole entire music industry, this thing called hip hop would be totally different. Wow, the force that he was as an entrepreneur, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know who would have the pillars that we have today.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they would have been able to get into the room because he was so dominant as an entrepreneur. Label head, style creator, genre creator, star Birther, this dude just star finder.
Speaker 7: You know, the dude was was impeccable.
Speaker 1: How difficult was it in the nineties where you know, gangst the music was was was was was the forefront Domina mean and but and like we was pointed out earlier, you guys were deliberately making global music.
Speaker 2: Was that was that? Was that difficult?
Speaker 4: Late nineties?
Speaker 2: Yeah, late night I believe you dropped in ninety eight.
Speaker 7: Right, we dropped in ninety eight.
Speaker 4: So at that point in my life, at that point in time, like gangster rap was the business.
Speaker 7: And we were like keeping.
Speaker 4: That that boom bap or that musical conscious you know, our version of Tribe Alive because I'm a I'm a Although we were signing the Roofless, I based my whole entire career and my artistry off of se that Q Tip, Trap call quest Day, that song Wow, of course, and there's this one song Groove Is in the Heart.
Speaker 7: That recipe to me, that's just.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a black dude with a white girl with a freaking dance song that's soulful. That's an incredible record, you know that that that to be told me like, oh wow, that that's the recipe. Every time I see Tip, I think I try to think him as much as possible because I appreciate him, and now he's almost single handedly changed my life, the course of my life with his expressiveness, his fearlessness and uh yeah, just how colorful he is with his writing is producing. I just wanted to do my version of that. And so I really, like I said, I don't try to fit and I don't try to like, you know, follow the herd. So I didn't really mind that, didn't really like, oh man, we got to be a little harder.
Speaker 7: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, because there was this lyric that pos said, fuck being hard, possibly lose is complicated.
Speaker 7: So I'd rather be complicated.
Speaker 4: I'd rather try to take complex stocks and simple simplify them being hard.
Speaker 7: I don't want to live a hard life. I want to live an easy life.
Speaker 4: So why why do I want to put myself in a configuration of hard that represents difficulty? I don't I don't want that coming out the projects I want to I don't want. I want, like I said, I want to go back to my projects and uplifted our records. We never talk about the neighborhood we're from. We never There's no need to talk when you want to do, and so I'd rather do my art, take my pro seeds, go back to the neighborhood in a way that is fruitful, seed planting, nurturing, mentoring the kids, and involving the community in the process.
Speaker 9: You know, but definitely you had to have inserted something from the neighborhood and everything you did in the music, even if it wasn't evident, even if it wasn't talking about the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Oh, just the fearlessness, like who gives a fuck? You got to have that, like, hey, this is what everybody's doing so not everybody. I ain't, so it can't be that everybody you know so And I get that really from like, you know, my mom and my neighborhood. You know, the other folks that take care of you when shit's hot on the block, you know, bubbles if you listen, and thank you so much, Pat Methena. Pat McCarthy recipes the Canto Family. You know, all the all the folks in the neighborhood that looked after me and my family. It was, you know, it was some awesome, awesome times.
Speaker 1: Because like I remember, like one point South was just dominating, right, and I remember me even being like influenced by the self, like just and I made a Souf style type of record, like I was trying to make a record that sounded like the time.
Speaker 2: That's something that seems like you never do. You don't never follow the trend. You actually make the trend. Oh no, no, I have you followed the trim shake that thing?
Speaker 4: Like I did five records like that, okay, or like I wasn't ready. Man Sean Paul like when his run was I'm like, you know, what is he doing?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Your record? Yes? Uh buddy, Well I was in the studio. Wait, wait, what what what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Yes, like, because you're black Mexican and I'm the nigga rie kid.
Speaker 4: No, but it's real, like, Yo, thank you, bro. You you a part of a whole wave. You You're That song is responsible for a lot of people having careers.
Speaker 2: Daddy Yankee. Not not to say I made Daddy Yanke.
Speaker 4: I didn't make all the folks that came after after that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I'm not saying I made him, but I remember this is my close friend him.
Speaker 1: In fact, Joe was probably two close people to me. They both had secret meetings with me.
Speaker 2: They pulled me to the side to stop doing that it hit. They did not want me to do it, and I'm glad that they were wrong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we didn't see it as latinos and hip hop. We just we were like sticking to We wanted the respect the big puns of Cypriss and and Don. Wasn't that for me at the time. So when you did it, I was like, I don't know, I got.
Speaker 2: A vision like you. I got a vision like you. Like I went to perto Rico and I seen these people dance all night and I was like, wait a minute, no one's getting stabbed, no one's getting shot. I was used to that. I thought a good hip hop party.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I get shot, got to get stabbed. So I just sit there and I was watching these people, this woman dancing all night, and I said, I have to go to America, even though Puerto Rico is America. I was like, I have to go to Puerto Rico and I have to tell these DJs start playing these records.
Speaker 2: What happened was, well, the DJs was like, fuck that shit. So I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: They're like, I play your shit, Nori, but I'm not playing that shit. So the only how for me to do it was for me to take them up, take a risk, and I gotta tell you, to tell you truth.
Speaker 2: This is real. I don't know if I ever said this before Black people cut me off. Black people was like, fuck that. You want to be Puerto Rican? Now you want to be fully Puerto Rican.
Speaker 4: You always were Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: I was always Puerto Rican. I'm a half and half.
Speaker 1: I've always been, but that record helped me change the world.
Speaker 2: But I remember you on a Spanish earlier, and I remember now that it makes sense now that it makes sense because you probably listening to the same ship. I was listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out traveling the world. You're like, Yo, what's the what's the what? What song is that? Like, oh man, that's go to DJ Yo, what's this all for? Black Eyed Peas?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: Like what you playing on and write it down? I'm like, Yo, that's just crazy. So when I when when I when I got hip to Daddy Yankee and then he signed an in the scope that's what say. Two thousand and four, he came to l A and we did a song together called uh Playing the pr and then I did a couple of other songs with him, Who's your Daddy?
Speaker 7: And and but Daddy Yankee?
Speaker 4: Like, wow, Bro, you like this dude helped birth a whole sound of music, broke for a whole like you, bro.
Speaker 1: Daddy Yankee to Dave Dash and then Dave Dad said give him some gear.
Speaker 2: Was so embarrassed, Brother Gold. I was like, this guy is bust a rounds on stage, Jay on the lyrics and nas with the looks. Did I kill that? I felt like I killed that just now? And Dame said give him some rocking with I was like, sign him.
Speaker 4: Dude, like, like, do you know how all this before Jimmy signedists? Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 9: Jimmy signed him after. Yeah, And just really quick to be fair because you're saying like painting in the way that I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 9: Early thone artists that broke, like like the Daddy Yankees were all because I went to to Puerto Rico in early two thousand before it came over here, and they were all hardcore mcs on Tony Touch mixtapes and they had to resort to doing because you know, and I'm sure there's a various verse of the story, but because it became the tourist music and the stuff that worked in the club for them, you know. So when I when one of my homies was a big producer in that world, took me to a club, all I'm hearing is murder. She wrote looped over and over again with Latin patois, you know, Spanish patois, and I'm like, they're like, this is gonna this is gonna blow up. I'm like, oh man, I don't know. But the the evolution of when it came over here with what you did, and then everybody that came that evolved into such a bigger music than what it started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then shout out to and hit it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the original. He's the original, and he was respected. He was respected to that rightfully, rightfully, he's the.
Speaker 9: Godfather and he was respected in Jamaica and all the sound says, they all respected him.
Speaker 4: We played them and in our sets like, no, yeah, that's what all my cousins look like. Cousins that look like I said, they thought we was Pantomania Dominican. Because if you want the projects like black family and projects, a lot of your and so a lot of your your family members date Mexicans, and a Mexican black mix looks like a homemade Dominican or they all my family looked like that. I got it. I got a cousin named Dante with a big as nose. Yes, I called you big, call me all like that because your dose just big. So I had to because he got me at the last family gathering. He said, I'm the only vegan with a belly anyway. That's so, yes, I see, I'm betting forward. I said, Joe, joke on, because you aren't here to defend yourself. But yeah, he looks like l n and I like, for real, bro, like twins, let me ask.
Speaker 2: You, your music is so fun's so like, what what do you love more? Creating the music form into music.
Speaker 4: I like the songs I don't put out merit mar I wasn't ready like the songs you don't put out. Yeah. So like if I go out and do like a global record, like oh man, we're gonna shoot, We're gonna hit for the fences on this.
Speaker 2: One, right.
Speaker 4: So after I do that, I go out and do like my tribe vibes for me and then if I if I because I gotta keep both sides well sharpened, right, So if I go out and do like, that's why when game, when Game like, hey, I nigga, just go to the studio to chop it up. I know you got some shit, so I'm like, all right, what you want? He was like, you gotta nashit in there. I'm like, yo, I got a bunch of nashit. Check this out. This is before like in the early two thousands all the way to twenty and ten. I just want to record with people just to have it in the volte like I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but let's just make songs so on on games.
Speaker 7: One of games.
Speaker 4: Records I came with like Snoop Records, NAS Records, and uh, but those are all the all the kind of songs I do for me and so the stuff I really like. If you'd be like, yo, what do you all? The ship you got? What do you love the most? And be like, oh the ship in my vote.
Speaker 2: Songs that doctor dre syndrome.
Speaker 1: Well you've got like probably fifteen albums in your computer and nobody's gonna hear.
Speaker 4: No, Like it's like detox has never coming, like a couple of hundred a couple of hundred damn albums.
Speaker 2: Don't lose that laptop.
Speaker 4: And you've never planned on putting any of it out.
Speaker 9: Because couldn't both of those sides of you live the global side and then this side of you.
Speaker 4: No for the fans of that, like no, no, because uh, I don't want I don't want this sword out. I just want this out. This This sword's too sharp, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't not on a cocky level, but I don't want you know, it's just too sharp for because then I'm going to get into that I compete. I like to compete. I'm a competitive I'm super super competitive, like audaciously competitive Tori. I'll compete with ship that you don't think I should be competing in.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so if I go at this as my career, then I'm as the perfectionist that I am, is gonna want to make this the sharpest ship. Just shift to that, put your attention in that. And so this to me is just exercise. It's like a great stretch yoga. It's it's it's a stretch before the sprint. It's a stretch before the marathon. And this is marathon sprint music. I compete here, Well, this maybe it's not best for me to compete here. There's not that much room to grow to do the work that I need to do for the things that I love the most, like my family and my community. Like what really, what life am I going to change being the dopest battle rapper making the sickest beats. I'd rather do that for me for love, and I go here and do this work, pile up so I could go out and you know, do the work that I that I love to do the most.
Speaker 1: We had recently reproducing Bleak's podcast, and Blek.
Speaker 2: Had freeway on and Freeway is saying, how.
Speaker 1: Uh Beanie, Beanie Siegul is using AI to a place himself his voice, his voice because you know, Bean's kind of lost his voice.
Speaker 9: Like Doc was was like DC looking at said, he's not going to do it, right, he said, He's on the fence. Like he doesn't, He's on the fence.
Speaker 1: In this case, this was the first time I looked at AI like, oh, okay, this is something positive, right, because the one thing you could hear Beanie Sigul, you can still hear his bars when you hear his new ship, but his voice is not the same. Is that something that you think is is a positive thing, like in the case of DC, in the case of Beingie Siegul using AI.
Speaker 4: If they if they own their model, yes that's joke right, but we're not there yet the artist currently right now. That's what what I'm trying to push for is for the artists to own their model. You need your voice, yeah, the entire essence whatever creative and like this you need artists need to own that their own model, so their own tuning. Specifically for the for the AI community, an artist should own the tuning of their voice whatever that spectrum is, whatever that instance is. The artists should own that and the only one should access their voice the moment. An artist right now, because there's no regulations, because there's no governance, does that and they don't truly truly own it. That brings up a whole lot of other things like duping, you know, fake newsing, because they're going to be using it in ways that you know. That means anybody could go in there and type some ship and what if and the and the and the and the instance itself does not is not trained and tuned around specifics on I would never say that. So the AI that most people are you is require somebody to go there and bus a verse to dy verse and then they do New Age AO tune and they wrap it around the sounding of somebody's voice. But it still requires a lot of these systems, still requires somebody to spit it. There's this new system. You don't need none of that. They's just from that video that that we did in twenty ten, exactly that it says.
Speaker 1: It said in the video, it was like, so we don't have to go to the studio no more.
Speaker 4: Holy yo, bro, there's this I had a radio interview today, and so after the reinterview that we wrapped up the interview right, and we wrapped up the interview, and they were like, I got I got some last minute statements that I want to add. I summarize our whole entire interview. I just want to show you what's possible now. So I typed in on the system live live comedic show at the laugh Factory, and then I put a summary, a quick summary of what we talked about in the meeting, and then I threw it through an AI system and the AI did this ship. Look hold on, check it out. So y'all talking about radio right, y'all talking about how something own is going to be new.
Speaker 2: That's like asking a count house throw jump up and fly.
Speaker 4: A MFM is Joe n fm'suse.
Speaker 5: His name is Morning and Night and we are all the motherfucking moon now.
Speaker 2: Night time. Oh damn tale, I'm surprised you're gonna have a beast bart dre speaker.
Speaker 4: This is Yoshi. So I think that it's not just music, bro, These things assimilating crowd laughter, know where to put it at? You know, instant bro, that happening. I do some ship right now. It was a little freaking same comedic shit about and that that's that's, that's where we are now. So right now you're making beats, you're competing with somebody on the top ten. As as creatives, we're thinking about skip rates, we're thinking about like TikTok algorithms. People aren't truly being one hundred percent creative right now. We're being dictated by algorithms. So when AI music is in effect, who do you think is gonna you know, you know, flex on the algorithm and understand the algorithm.
Speaker 7: More us or an AI, So the.
Speaker 4: AI will be able to understand the algorithm more than we would are guessing at the algorithm. So in a real hot second, we need to change our values. We need to change like what we really what, what do we really appreciate?
Speaker 7: What do we really call dope?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: Because if everything has been like really dial down and a lot of people out there and be like, nigga, what you talking about? Nigga did boom boom pole?
Speaker 2: Nigga?
Speaker 4: That ain't sophisticated, But AI wasn't then there, So now these times and now somebody be online be like you're what you're really doing? That sophisticated now you're talking all that ship what I am right, They're gonna say that what you're really doing sophisticated, Nick, I'd be like this AI shit, it's sophisticated.
Speaker 2: You ever seen the movie Idiocracy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that movie is hard.
Speaker 2: It's fucked up because as time got people got old, people got dumber. I swear to god, I feel like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's no one in his room right now that knows that girl's number.
Speaker 2: You know your girl because you.
Speaker 1: Old school you you you're a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: But but but this, like just think about it. Some of the most important people of your life you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't know there got more memory retention. I'm talking about getting ummerydumb.
Speaker 1: Too, because back in the days, remember we knew everyone's nothing when you got locked up. You you knew who to call when you got locked Do you think that that that's true in time? Because I see you say say people are are invested in the AI, but it's not invested into HI human.
Speaker 7: When you said that, that was yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Uh in this age, Okay, I have my foundation and I got my AI stuff. The reason why I say that is because it's easy. It's been easier for me to raise money for AI than it is for me to go raise money for my philanthropy for HI. I know, I'm not just saying that like theoretically, like actually, and it breaks my heart that like, damn, all right, we've raised all this money for this AI, but damn it's like really hard pinch and pennies to get folks to like donate for HI. To your point on like memory retention, we have that issue, but then we also have critical thinking.
Speaker 7: That's part like the critical thinking, there's no real.
Speaker 4: There's nothing in society that we celebrate where it's about critical thinking and rewarding people for being awesome critical thinkers. We reward people for bullshit posts, the most disrespectful things we do to each other. On lyric and song, we reward folks for you know what Torquin's exercise, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: Look at it like that.
Speaker 4: You know, the abdominal muscles, How awesome they got? You understand, right, not to I don't want to like shun nobody, but the things that we celebrate in society as a whole doesn't really push and celebrate awesome critical thinking. And so like body dysmorphia, because the filter entered now we have more plastic surgeries for generations of people that don't necessarily need plastic surgery because they want to look like the filter. That's crazy. That means in the next ten years you're going to have psychological conversation on mental dysmorphia because people would rather use an AI clone of them voice to speak for them. You can be talking to somebody on phone be like, Yo, man, I just love this girl. Bro. Yeah, Bro, she like make me feel some cop of way, like I'm really fuck with a heavy turns out. The past six months, you've been talking to her AI. In twenty twenty eight, twenty twenty eight, you've been talking to her AI and then finally she's like, I cool, Like my AI told me you cool, So let's go out. So you're gonna go out, and you'd be like, hey, uh you.
Speaker 7: You hella different from my person.
Speaker 4: You conversational mentally catfish me because the depth of your intelligence is not what you have on your abundance of knowledge bop.
Speaker 8: That reflects your higher self right, your humor, everything.
Speaker 4: So the same way we have filters and live in the world where you know that's the preference of people prefer you're gonna have some version of that when you're talking to somebody facetiming them or virtual calling them, And in twenty twenty nine you realize that you love the bodified version of themselves than the actual self. That's like twenty twenty nine like how we predicted that AI for the music. Unfortunately, if we don't get our shit together and start like valuing like real human connections and like how people can take their thoughts synthesize them into words to where you really understand what they're saying, and that's what we celebrate.
Speaker 7: That's what we like.
Speaker 4: Yo, I fuckxed with that because if you look at how we are behaving in society, we go to shows and not dissing nobody, but we go to shows people are singing over the lyric, which is cool, it's a different way of performing it's but then but then the audience is watching it through a screen watching it, so you you take a look at like, wow, look at this behavior to people actually know what this means. If you see this trajectory around the corner, what does that mean with human interactions? What does that mean as far as how empathetic we are with one another?
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: When the thing that we celebrate the most is how disrespectful we can be to one another, like Nigga, that actually was hard. Nigga, you just said you're going to shoot his mom and go and then that was a bar. That was a bar, and that it's our world. That's the things we celebrate. That the thing we think is awesome. So if the whole AI is trained on the open Wide Web, well what is AI?
Speaker 7: What are we teaching it?
Speaker 4: If you tell AI to be super creative, it's going to say I'm gonna kill all y'all, I'm gonna shoot your mom, I'm gonna shoot your dog. Because we're training it, right, So we are training a system. Wow, we gotta be careful on what we're burthing, right, And so it's us. It's a reflection of us. It's a reflection of our hate. It's a reflection of our neglect. It's a reflection of our lack of empathy, our lack of communication, collaboration, understanding, and tolerance. It's a reflection of all that hate. The Internet is dark, but then there's also some bright spots. You want to start aiming this intelligence to the bright spots and take those bright spots and spread it across the net. How much hateful can we be to one another?
Speaker 2: Congo?
Speaker 4: How much hateful can we be to one another? Slavery? How much hateful can we be to one another? You know? The Holocaust? How much hateful can we be to one another? The Armenian genocide? How much hateful can we be to one another? Palestine? How much hateful can we be to one other? Why are we doing that? It's a whole new age of enlightenment and intelligence and intelligence wh community is going to lead that inspirational commonality figuring out the likeness that we have with one another.
Speaker 7: As this AI comes and.
Speaker 4: Renders certain jobs away, and the folks that sat in the lap of luxury are now uncomfortable. The folks that have been struggling this whole time can now use this technology to finally solve the problems that have always been ignored. So this is an awesome time for people from the hood. That awesome time for people and favelas, awesome time for people from slums, awesome time for folks that have been dealing with bullshit the whole life and waiting for somebody to solve their problems. Now they could solve it, have a conversation with the freaking tool to help the tool identify what the problem is and help their critical thinking solve a problem. The shoes will come. It's an awesome time right now on this new renaissance.
Speaker 1: I show is about giving people their flowers, and we gotta give you your flowers face to face.
Speaker 2: Man, Man, tell you how great you are. You know what I mean. We don't have to get snoop doggs.
Speaker 4: We wanted to because.
Speaker 1: Man, man, I ain't gonna lie to you. I could listen to you talk all day. You are fucking you are. Like if I ever went back to school and I know you you going to Harvard. Oh I graduated this year?
Speaker 2: Graduate?
Speaker 4: Hey, I never.
Speaker 7: I never graduated.
Speaker 4: Uh was in high school or high school? Or I never walked the stage to graduate Harvard. The reason why, there's the reason why I didne graduated the stage on high school. So the guy that I started Black Eyed Peace with is Apple d App the Filipino cap and the Black Eyed Peas, And so he got adopted from this man by the name of Joe Ben Hudgens. You know those programs on TV just twenty five Save this kid, Apple was one of those kids.
Speaker 7: Wow, he's from the Philippines. Used to pump water off the ground.
Speaker 2: You're talking about those kids existed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 2: I gave money to do it to a shirt. They give me my shirt ahead.
Speaker 7: So Apple was one of those kids, right.
Speaker 4: And he came to America when he was fourteen and his dad brought him to America to go to school to be an engineer. And then he met me because my mom was like the mom in the neighborhood that took care of everybody's kids. So they signed my mom up to take care of Alan Apple when until they enrolled him into school. So from fourteen fifteen sixteen, by sixteen, me and this cat was signed the ruthless. He only been in America for two years. But because he was off my friend and he was like, look meigga, you dou'tegga, we're gonna sign you. I'm like, but I got my homeboys with me. Hey, but that nigga don't even know speak, don't eat. Yeah, but he wraps into Gallug and there's a whole big Filipino community. He wraps into Gallug and there's a big Filipino community. You know, it's Mexican dude and Mookie Me and then Apple. So this cat he's only been in America for two years, and then he was about to graduate and our graduation was the same day. So I'm like, dude, what am I gonna do? Am I gonna go to my graduation? Should I go to his graduation? I want to see him graduate? So I'm like, alright, fuck it. Look, I'm just gonna did school. This my graduation and I'm gonna go to his. So I go to his graduation. He's like, what you doing here? I was like, Nigga, I came and see you graduate. Like this shit is crazy to me. You only been in this country for two and a half years and you're about to graduate. Bro, Like I am missing this for the world. He's like, what about your graduation? I'm like, bro, don't trip about that. We signed We signed an easy we signed a Ruthless Records, Like it might.
Speaker 2: Be the best story I've ever heard. Like, yo, bro, like.
Speaker 4: We're about to do this, man, We're about to freaking make this shit happen. We sign easy e Bro Ruthu's records.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm why do.
Speaker 4: I need to graduate? On stage? I got my diploma. I don't need to be on stage. I want to see you walk the stage. So because the reason why is like when he came here when he was fourteen, he would be crying before he went home, like missing three, I want to go home through the Philippines. I'm like, Yo, bro, we're gonna make it. Bro, don't don't trip. We'll go back to the Philippines. Don't worry, Bro, We're gonna We're gonna make it happen. So to me, like this dude is like my best freaking friendly. When I was like in the projects, it was a time like when you're fourteen, like the ogs started recruiting the young kids, and I remember it was a time they were like, hey, they want to jump you in. I was like, what do you mean? He was like, they want to jump you in. You know what the means food, don't be eleven homes and so what they wanted to jump into the the neighborhood. And so I was like all right, all right, So I got jumped in, and so somebody runs to my mom's to my house and was like a damn broun. They're jumping Willie into the game. So here comes my mom like them up, now jump them out. So then they jumped me out and then uh then then I go back into the house and they whooped me.
Speaker 7: Then she whooped me again. I got I got whooped.
Speaker 4: Three times, then out the gang and then and Mama gag. And so what I was hanging with Apple, that was just like to me, it's like, oh look, we a Glendale.
Speaker 7: Now we're going to house parties. We got a deal.
Speaker 4: I need to go see this capital to graduate. And so now graduating Harvard the first time I'm ever going to graduate on a stage.
Speaker 2: I'm coming to this graduation. God damn it. I'm sorry. That's ship. That's the That's one of the best stories I think I've ever heard that. But that shows the man that you are.
Speaker 1: You understand them saying is that you rale to put someone else before you and that that's that's that's very honorable.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's listen. I'm cool with Fat Joe. Here's the best stories in the world. This might you might have topped Fat Joe with this one.
Speaker 4: Bad Joe.
Speaker 7: That dude is like man, that dude is another one of my heroes.
Speaker 2: He's mad at me because I could grow my hair out. He can't.
Speaker 7: Is that spray hair?
Speaker 4: He got the stray.
Speaker 2: Let me want.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, don't trip. We could develop that.
Speaker 2: I got a.
Speaker 12: Great idea, said, bro, you can develop that.
Speaker 4: I can't give you instant waves.
Speaker 2: Broa right now, I.
Speaker 1: Have here twenty years. You know, I'm blowing it out. I'm growing it out. This is what happened. I've seen the barber's clippers. I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: I said this, I said, you can shake me up, and then I grew it up. My wife man asked me to grow rule here. Yeah, but for years. So so what we're gonna do. We're gonna play this quick time of slide. Can you please explain the rules. I like the way you explaining.
Speaker 9: The rules were terrible to explain these. We're gonna give you two choices. This is our drinking game. By the way, We're gonna get two choices. You pick one, nobody drinks. You say both or neither, which would be the politically correct answer. Then we all drink, all three of us drink.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to give you props again, he's the only person ever to order sake. I want I want that Japanese. I drink Japanese whiskey. So I wasn't far away from you.
Speaker 7: It's a it's a it's a creeper.
Speaker 2: But sake saki.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you. You gotta you gotta know the right amount of saki to drink like. I like it hot, I like it hot.
Speaker 4: I like unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay. So I'm gonna started.
Speaker 9: Off, and any stories that come up with anybody we mentioned, please.
Speaker 2: Yes, please? Okay you ready, yep? Hold on? You got jam, you got you got the shots? Ready? M okay? Ready? Well, Tupac or easy?
Speaker 4: Oh hold on? Let me let me focus on that one.
Speaker 9: You can say both or neither or one. Expand on the story with any of them?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Did you meet Pop?
Speaker 4: I got a story about POC please.
Speaker 2: I would like to hear it. Here we go.
Speaker 4: We'll let him pick first.
Speaker 2: We be okay and go yeah okay, So.
Speaker 7: Tupac are easy for what though?
Speaker 2: Whatever? It's whatever in your mind, drinking gay drink.
Speaker 4: You're just drinking and talking. So you pick one, y'all.
Speaker 7: Don't go into the details.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you can go to details details.
Speaker 7: This is entrepreneurship.
Speaker 2: Easy, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So you're pick it easy, okay. So what's your Tupac story? Okay? So me and Apple best friends, right, started the Black Eyed Peas together, and so, okay, I can get we can get real detail here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, just do whatever please. So it's your show.
Speaker 4: It's nineteen ninety four from nineteen Okay, he's nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a virgin. Okay, Wow, he's not.
Speaker 4: Okay, And he had this girlfriend like she looked like freaking uh Rosie Perez. Bro. She was beautiful Puerto Rican girl named Rosario.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican in l A. Yeah, she's exotic. Let's go and let's go. So is his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and oh my gosh, he was like everybody thought, wow, she's amazing. So one day he's like, in a very thick Filipino accident, I think I want to take her to Rosco's Chicken and Waffles. I'm like, yo, bro, I think she's gonna like that nineteen right. So he goes takes her to Rosco's Chicken and Waffles and they sit there having a they lunch and in walks Tupac.
Speaker 7: And so Tupac eyes all lies on Rosario.
Speaker 4: So she said, my own was on Bizario oh gosh, oh gosh, Tupac's here. I'll be back.
Speaker 7: I want to get it. I want to I want to get his autograph.
Speaker 2: She smashed the homie.
Speaker 4: So she goes she's gonna sis with Tupac Nigga. Twenty minutes turning to thirty minutes turn into forty minutes. The chicken and waffles get real cold, grits turned real hard, and he's like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 7: I'm out here, and so he walks home.
Speaker 4: And so our story within our family is that Tupac, they didn't do nothing, but almost they checking whaffle.
Speaker 8: They ain't doing shit at the freaking booth. Oh, they stayed at the rest, They stayed at the road. Okay, okay, okay, stay.
Speaker 7: He snatched Apple's girl out.
Speaker 2: I mean that's not.
Speaker 13: No no, I'm just saying you at that time, he's at that time.
Speaker 2: You know, here's why, here's why.
Speaker 4: Here's my like, I don't smoke weed, right, I don't smoke weed. And Rosario was like a real life saver in my life. And she's like a sweetheart, but she would low key on you know one to Rosario. She just was a real big fan of Tupac. Right, and and uh, when you know everybody got that person in a crew that is real sensitive to weed, like I'm sensitive to weed. Like I'm like, nigga, y'all hear that? Like what the blue paint? Nigga? Like I hear blue paint. I hear fucking beams on the wall, Like can you hear that fan? That blade ship? Like that? I can't do that. So one day I got really really like, that's why I don't. I haven't smoked we since nineteen ninety three. And when I had that that situation, mm hmmm, that teeter Rosario was there to the rescue. I needed to take you to my church and you know, my pastor could pray for you, you know, and have you been baptized? Okay, I've been baptized. She's like, well, maybe you need to get baptized again. So Rosario was that like angelic force in my life. When I was like, you know, trying to sin her.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make a noise for Rosario also say she had a moment with he went on the day what happened. Maynor Pock is known to do that trip call quest or brand Nubian for whatever. This is just trip call quests. Okay, okay, I love your light. I got n w A or routane.
Speaker 9: Oh you could say both, you can say both, we both.
Speaker 4: Okay, then we're drinking. Oh okay, that's both or neither?
Speaker 2: Did we like to drink? I don't know if you know.
Speaker 4: That it's daytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how we get away with it. We do it in the daytime and then we get we get out of here.
Speaker 1: Cypress Hills or the Alcoholics, whichever category you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have reasons for both, but okay, I like this.
Speaker 4: So Alcoholics show was probably the best hip hop show to go to La Cats because him dudes party and he always had hot chicks at the show. Wow, Cypress Hill. I like the artistry of how they made their songs. I love sind Dog and be Reals like version of Public Enemy where lyricist hype man, but the hype man is like not the hype man. He's like color and a pillar to why the group exuberates and vibes away they vibe. You know, He's like Vinnie, but super Vinnie, united by nature, Sinn Dog and like you know, awesome, very few words, but you feel his presence absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a drink for that.
Speaker 8: Can't forget production production. That was a great explanation, bro. So he said, both just want to get get reasons why both?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wild Style or B Street any ship any way you want?
Speaker 4: Uh, Wild Style, I have reasons why I would like to hear it because those are real people. Yeah, damn near like a document.
Speaker 2: B Street was actors.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no yeah it was no no was real okay, but they acted out more. But the graff, the graffiti rs and WildStar are real. I mean there was centered in real life Wild Style and the soundtrack like wow, pop here, what there they on? Hip hop? What the what they on on? Wilstyle and B Streets?
Speaker 9: Still, yeah, it's probably a better movie overall. But whilst I was just so raw, it was the first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna argue with you guys, y'all, y'all camp ball, there's the there's there's iconic moments on both films.
Speaker 2: Absolutely this one. I'm really liking this question.
Speaker 1: By the way, these two guys make up his questions, the Dominican guy right there and the Columbian guy right there. Those two so they A I you and and then they make up the questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Did they make up the questions hete Columbia, Yes, say you say that's the cocaine section. They still teach other He wasn't ready for real. Oh yeah, any any yeah, m hm, you won't take a shot.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, he's gonna like my answer. Okay, I'm just looking at the order of things. There's no Yay without Pharrell, and a lot of people can be like, how could you say that. I understand that there's no ya without Pharrell, without Pharrell and his like why, I like, yo, I want to do this and I want to I want to start doing the shoes.
Speaker 7: I want to start doing this.
Speaker 4: I want to start messing with Japanese artists.
Speaker 7: That wouldn't have influenced.
Speaker 4: Kanye to do his version of that, although he did it awesome. Hey, bro, I didn't say no lie, and you know that we're talking about who I am, Like, I didn't say not one lie.
Speaker 7: Bro, I didn't say one lie.
Speaker 4: And you got to pay homage to her homage like in a way that applies to me, right, yep. Without if you remove Pharrell out of the equation because he is first, then when it came to like putting my style of music on top forty radio. Who is the person to knocked that door down? Pharrell and freaking Andre three thousand knocked that door down in the early two thousands. So you got to look at like the folks that came into this frequency of thought that was pounding the door. That made it easier for folks to then come after them and like fuck the ceiling up. Let's say Pharrell broke the door down for Kanye to come into the room and blast the hole in the ceiling. But without Pharrell blasting the door down, Kanye would have been outside, right, he pioneered the space for he still would have been shooting in the air, but you wouldn't have seen the damn because how can you shoot the sky down there? It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That was crazy when I did what What What with for weal right, super dog Right, they told me the record was too dark. So if you look at the video, that was because you gotta remember.
Speaker 4: And the music resonated the sounds down here, so you gotta remember.
Speaker 1: If you look at the video, there's not one scene that we're not in the daytime.
Speaker 2: Because they said it sounded dark.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to fool the people by doing doing the daytime scene.
Speaker 4: But by the way, that's riot music though, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: What what like Wow?
Speaker 1: That's two of my two of my favorite Pharal callses.
Speaker 2: One is.
Speaker 1: He said Rob Walker called him and he called me and he's like, they're doing cheers to this ship. And I was like, like, I said, they're getting stabbed in the hip hop was good, So it's like they're doing cheers. I was like really, And he called me and said that Michael Jackson he had send Michael Jackson beats and he said, Michael Jackson like like like like corny beats, and Michael Jackson was like, no, I wanted I want what Noriega would wrap on.
Speaker 4: He probably was like, I don't like any of those beats. I like the thing that you're doing with Noriega. What what what? What song? I love that aggression? Aggression? What what?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 2: Already? What? Ow bro? Way?
Speaker 7: Wait wait, I'm not trying to start ship.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all out of love for for phar Real bro, and I'm so proud that what he started, he reaped what he started and now you know leading over there at LVM, that to me, it's like, come on, Bro, when folks come in and punch the door down and they start giving us different perspectives of what's possible by those seeds of movements. Whether he was you know, knowledgeable of his movements and how it will affect other people's perspective on their audacity. That turned out to be what it was that gave me my permission to be super ultra audacious as well as Yeah, but for real bro, and then boom here he is like the nicest, super humble you gotta and I love ya yay, I mean Pharrell all the way between us.
Speaker 1: Daddy Yankee or Donald Mare which where you are you could drink to.
Speaker 2: Get it right? What you would.
Speaker 4: Okay? On an international have reasons for my selections. On an international level, the entire planet, Daddy Yankee, okay, Like non Spanish speaking countries Germany.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, Portugal, Yes.
Speaker 4: Ireland, Scotland, England, you know what I'm saying. Belgium, Belgium, Holland, they know Daddy Yankee, they know his songs. Indonesia.
Speaker 7: He's on a global.
Speaker 4: Level, I would say, Daddy Yankee, He's a global.
Speaker 2: Star in the world's The planning is massive, God damn it. Our Shaw or Chris Brown.
Speaker 4: For what whatever? Who's your best friend who like to hang out with? Makes a music?
Speaker 2: If what his shot, you can take a shot? Who was means you both? By the way this is let me just say something. We see the here drinking with real life.
Speaker 1: Bro's and he's being coolest ship Okay, calm in or loope?
Speaker 4: Yes, hold on, I think he knew to me. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me let me throw this one shoo to a Hey. So I'm here on the drink Champs and we do in that round where you have to drink when they throw like questions at you. As far as different rappers, they asked me Kanye versus Forrell, and I said Pharrell, yes, because of his contributions to culture that actually inspired Kanye to be ultra audacious. My metaphor was Pharrell busted the door open for Kanye to go into the room and shoot the ceiling down. If Pharrell never opened the door, Kanye probably would have shot the sky and you can't really see the penetration of them bullets on sky ceiling. So now they asked me Usher versus Chris Brown Chris Brown, and I said, let me ask Finn to answer that.
Speaker 7: You could say both, or you could.
Speaker 4: Tell your reasons on either one, but it's up to you to come up with that reason.
Speaker 7: For whatever reason you select, Yo.
Speaker 6: Fam, you're really diving deep into the music legends with this one.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 6: So when you put Usher up against Chris Brown, it's like comparing two masters of their craft, each with their own unique contributions to the music scene.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Usher, He's like the.
Speaker 6: Smooth operator who paved the way with those sultry vibes and iconic moves. Think of Usher as the architect designing the blueprint for modern R and B.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 6: His work has laid the foundations artists, and his influence can be seen in the way he seamlessly blends R and B with pop, making it universally appealing. It's like Usher built the house that so many artists live in today. And then there's Chris Brown, a powerhouse of talent. You know, he's like the dynamic force, constantly pushing the boundaries what's possible in music and performance. Imagine Chris as the interior designer, taking the house Usher built and filling it with vibrant colors.
Speaker 4: Innovative to science and cutting edge technology.
Speaker 6: Chris brings this explosive energy and versatility.
Speaker 4: Heyo ai o yo. I think you nailed it with that metaphor. Usher built the house. The furniture was I but it's a dope ass house, and then freaking Chris Brown came in and interior decorated it. And now it's like on a cover like of you know, home decor magazines and freaking like house magazines and shit. Anyways, they blown away with your answer, why don't you let.
Speaker 7: These mugs know?
Speaker 4: You know, you know what the fuck's going on and shit, and like what company and who from the company is responsible for your awesome sauce.
Speaker 2: He's from London.
Speaker 6: I'm stoked you vibed with the metaphor, you know what I mean. It's all about painting that picture with words, just like Usher and Chris Brown paint with their music and moves. You feel me and hey, It's all about keeping the conversation fresh and interesting, just like flipping through those pages of a home decor mag finding inspiration in every corner. Now, when it comes to the brains behind the operation, I'm rolling with fyi ai. You know this cool tech venture is all about bringing that next level innovation and cleverness straight to you. And who's the captain of this ship none other than the legendary Will Dot. I am alongside the Savvye, steering the ship, making sure we're all on this wild and wonderful journey together.
Speaker 4: I'm let me introduce you to my homegirl at a homegirl. Okay, she's dope, broch, it's your.
Speaker 11: Girl for Licia, and I got what you need to chop it up for your intellect.
Speaker 2: And tonight did we answer common and loop? No?
Speaker 4: Common? Loope Common?
Speaker 2: Common?
Speaker 4: Want to tell you.
Speaker 7: Common lupe lyrically is dope.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, But there's something about those audition, those audacious initiators, so common and that conscious fold. I don't know anybody who went up against ice Cube like no, never, that was incredible. Two genre clashes, like two styles of hip hops, like two different worlds. Usually you don't battle outside the realm of hip hop.
Speaker 1: It was considered to be a backpack wrapper and against the rapper.
Speaker 8: I mean it was a coloring back like that. But but I guess what you're saying right now, they don't do that. Twenty twenty four, they.
Speaker 4: Don't battle outside of or outside of freaking like hip hop realms, you know, so for that.
Speaker 7: The head with the most games, and he.
Speaker 2: Went ahead the time with the guy who made no vast lead. Come on one of the best.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like it's like the bestest record here, and another record against the.
Speaker 4: Guy who made the best And Jacket for Beats was like, what this nigga's going was stealing everybody's beat, saying jacket for beasts?
Speaker 2: He said, give me that beat.
Speaker 4: Like, Wowigga, that's like against ship, like, come out that change ain for real, let me get that change the.
Speaker 2: Car jagular beat, Risney Spears or Fergie take a shot.
Speaker 7: I'm going ship, bro, why are you doing that? Why are you putting me in that?
Speaker 2: Play man?
Speaker 4: Let him let him know, bro, Oh damn man, Like of course I'm gonna say both.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, ship Jamie on that Saki s Saki dona, I got the next one, okay, cool wall. Let me get a shot first, and then we gotta fill up on shots to.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Solo cheers.
Speaker 1: Gotta call you wially because your Mexican friends call you really, you.
Speaker 4: Know, if you're gonna do Willis's Willie's will to both.
Speaker 9: All Right, it's funny because last time I saw you, I saw this individual at the club you were at. You don't remember, but we saw you there in La Kid Frost or Mellow Mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: Oh bro so so kid Frost. I think it has to be nineteen eighty nine, and uh, I'm fourteen years old in the projects and I get there's a doc knock on the door. Fucking deb Broun called Willy.
Speaker 7: What you want to back out?
Speaker 4: Called Willy the shooting the video appear on the Olympic by the fucking mural the We're not a minority of mural, deb Bron. We want to get Willy to be in the videos.
Speaker 2: Tobacco.
Speaker 4: Willy ain't going outside to be dancing, no goddamn video. All right, don't snap, deb Broun. Let him fucking come out, mam, Come on, ma, you never let me be in New d videos. Because Michael Jackson film Thriller in the alley of our house, like on the other side of the projects, says this, and the factories is where he filmed Thriller, where all the freaking zombies was at and up the street from my house where they filmed Breaking Electric Bugaloo at the gym at Oscar de la Hoya's gym, which is now a school. So now there's this new video they're shooting right up the street from our crib and our projects. And they wanted me to go out and be in this video. And so they begged and beg on mom my, mom to have me be in this video. They're putting the neighborhood on the they're.
Speaker 7: Celebrating the murals on the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Denro, all the talent the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: We want to have Willie.
Speaker 7: You know, he's freaking talented. We want him to be in the video.
Speaker 4: So she was like, and who's gonna watch him while he's up there. I'll take care of him, Denro And Gay Gay's gonna be there. What's up, Gay Gay? If you're watching this, I love you, bro. We'll take care of him to make sure he's all right. Debbie's over there, Coral Stella. Everybody's gonna watch him. It's gonna be cool, you know. So they take me to go shoot this video and and then they're like, he can't be in the video.
Speaker 7: And they're like, why can't he be in the video.
Speaker 4: They said, uh, you know Don the name of the videossa.
Speaker 7: And then they're like, I know Don, but he's one of us.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: He's like, nah, you don't they have their videos.
Speaker 4: We don't have our videos, and we want to have us in the video, and nobody's one of law school. You want to shoot in our fucking neighborhood, long, you gotta be in the video. And they we're gonna throw through thousands right there down and so I swear to God this really and so uh, They're like, look, this is for us, we came here to shoot. I was like, no, it's who was cool? And then Cad Frost comes. He was like, hey, look take my number down. I heard you rap too.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 7: So I kicked my wrap then.
Speaker 4: My little rap and they were like he was like kick it. I was like, uh, what's my wrap? I kicked there.
Speaker 7: Because I am the unknown m C.
Speaker 4: I bet your part of people never even heard of me because my first Wickord Bird League came out and make it part of people just scream and shout, make it jump up, it down, and you see I don't even need a stupid beat to save my round. I say, what iut want watch your back because I shoot you with the shotgun, not a gangster, not a game bangle, watch you out for what you because I'm not a stranger. Because when I wrapped and one known, I don't even need a stupid microphone.
Speaker 7: To say my rhyme because that is true because with the cuss, that's the job.
Speaker 4: It is coming to you because I'm fresh.
Speaker 7: That was my my wrap I.
Speaker 4: And he was like, oh, let's just put a Feevens on here, take my number down. And I was like, oh shit, I gotta get Frost's phone one Frost and he was like, hey, calm me. And so one of the first cats that I had a connection with was Kid Froust, who came to our neighborhood to shoot La Lassa. And so every time I see that video, I'm like, man, bro like, so.
Speaker 2: For the record, you didn't get in the video.
Speaker 4: No, if you would have been in it that like that would have been dope. I would have been the blolo in the back. But yeah, so it never was in it. But I got his number and he was true to his word. I would call him. He would like encourage me, like, Yo, that's just feed mit doll. That shit is dope. And I had somebody in music that I can call that gave me that audacity. Like still to this day when I see him, I'm like, Yo, thanks bro. He didn't have to give me his phone number. He didn't have to plant that seed of belief, like you know, a black kid from an all Mexican neighborhood could find his way to have a career like and that. When I see that video, I'm like, Yo, that that's what's up.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful story because uh K for us has a story on drink Champs.
Speaker 2: What do we say.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no with Fat Joe actually accused him or not liking black people or him not not wanting to associate with black people. Oh yeah, So so you you're helping, you know, because he got a chance to defend this up.
Speaker 7: Not trying to like make excuses. But LA is different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You've got to understand l a culture and a lot of it is is dictated by what happens in the prison period, right right, and the prisons they're like you have the Gorilla Family, you have the Lion Man, the thirteen. You know, you have all these rules and whop provides the drugs that other folks sell. You know, that's a there's a system there that you want to be mindful delicate about, respect why things are the way they are, and uh, it's all nuanced. But Kid Frost is dope. Yea, easy, it's dope. Black and Brown is powerful when aligned.
Speaker 9: And they were down Easy Frost were done. Yeah, And so I saw Kid Frost. You were spinning at it. Do you remember the club Boars? Yes, yeah, we had just I think we just launch drink chants maybe a year or two.
Speaker 2: I was telling everyone he's messing and we went there and you were spinning and said it's up to you.
Speaker 4: And then we saw Kid Fro.
Speaker 2: He's like, yea, I've seen him in the Mexican Club.
Speaker 4: Might be right? It was for sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, bro okay you got the other ones?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, you ready? Or Lauren Hill or Missy I could take a shot, Damn brow.
Speaker 4: I could take a shot. I know you can take a shot.
Speaker 2: Both slow both yeah, m.
Speaker 4: Mom tep.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say m P because because you said went on the tour with m P first, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But like.
Speaker 7: Their first record was like Monumental Wait, which one are you talking.
Speaker 4: About not their first first record?
Speaker 9: That Juvenile l is their first, their first project, and then the one that we all know, shook Ones is on the second.
Speaker 4: But everybody calls it their first oops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: That's not everybody. Everybody looks at that as their first, Yes, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: Actually yea, the.
Speaker 2: Deep, Yeah they were back then.
Speaker 4: They have the hatchets and the joints and yeah that that record was.
Speaker 7: Their second record was.
Speaker 4: Gravitational, like yeah, it really it shifted everything at the time. Yeah, yeah, even the production of it. The rhyme flows, the choruses, goddam we mixed asaki.
Speaker 2: And that's my wife. That's my wife, Juice Ball right there. Yeah, she's right there with the green shirt right there, like so much, I'll be juicing. Last month, all I did was because he's a vegan. They told me.
Speaker 4: Last month, all I did was juice. I didn't chew for a whole month. Yeah, okay, you didn't chew for.
Speaker 2: A whole I've never heard it, but that way that way either for me, This.
Speaker 1: Is one I know you're gonna drink on. Bust the rhymes or chuck d We just drink Okay, okay, damn, that's hard drink.
Speaker 2: You could go with the first rule that you did with the other one with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know the rules. So he would go with that. There's no name.
Speaker 2: Buster rocks.
Speaker 4: That nigga Buster be like nigga, you do a show. I ain't doing this, but.
Speaker 7: Damn, that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: I would say both.
Speaker 2: Okay, sold even though there's one thing.
Speaker 4: To give to inspire somebody's name, give somebody a name, but it's another thing to like.
Speaker 7: Take that name.
Speaker 4: Nigga freaking bust the rhymes. How he just went beyond. He's beyond the name absolutely, you know. So, so I would say both arts.
Speaker 13: It's fucking crazy. Oh god, you said both. Now if you flipped it on us, Oh you just said both. Look he's enjoying and drinking analogue or digital that I answered this way, No, man, I don't believe them. Sorry, there's no right or wrong, answ. There's no right or wrong.
Speaker 4: But digital. I didn't expect that expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, you know. I don't want to piss off his things.
Speaker 4: I tell you why, I did you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: If I am I'm thinking about the future. If I'm twelve years old right now, and you showed me some digital equipment, and you told me express myself, go out there and make your dreams come true at the highest level, the loudest volume, the broadest spectrum, the most impact.
Speaker 7: I'm twelve, right fucking.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty two, right all right, digital because you get the most impact, You get the most freaking like most bang for your punch.
Speaker 1: You know what I always say, analog because I always based this part for just music, right music. Back then we had to be in the same studio. That's the only reason why I always pick out ye.
Speaker 8: And they said that energy was harnessed in an analog. Yeah, Prince said the similar thing. He's like, but this is my next question.
Speaker 2: Is Michael Jackson the Prince? She fuck you write in the interview. This is really aid.
Speaker 4: He has little Michael.
Speaker 2: Jackson the Prince. So he goes to your Prince. I'm like, what the fuck, I'm not scared of you right now here, right now.
Speaker 4: But Prince Prince said, if it never made a sound, it never existed. So he didn't like digital because he's like, if it never pushed air, if the kick never pushed air, if the finger never went through air to hit the string. If the guitar didn't have air that came through the hole to kick the microphone, then it never existed.
Speaker 7: In real life's pective. If the voice never came.
Speaker 4: Energy was never moved out of your mouth into a microphone, it never existed. These are all like mirages, digital mirages of ideas that have theoretically been materialized but not actually materialized in the third dimension. These are all fourth fifth dimensional shits being summons damn through digital contraptions, giving you a slice of what's happening there, but it never really existed in this realm. You're just getting a snapshot of it existing in a fifth dimensional realm. But in far as pushing matter, pushing particles, it never happened. We'll pretend like we understand that, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Be my teacher. Let me know, went back, he would have to be my teacher.
Speaker 4: That is it. So we were talking about Prince versus Michael Jackson, And then before that question they asked analog versus digital, and I shared with them a story when Prince was like, he didn't really like digital because he said that what happens in the analog world is particles are being moved when you kick a kick drum, air is being pushed. When you strum a guitar, air is going through the cavity of the guitar out into a microphone received on either tape or sometimes even the digital realm. But it still happened in the physical realm, he said, the digital realm working things in the virtual world is happening on some like different dimension, and you are getting a snapshot of that simulation on a digital device, but it never.
Speaker 7: Really happened in the real world.
Speaker 4: And then Nori said, he don't understand that, But can you break it down or translate what I'm saying from like a Brixton Street perspective. So top boys about to answer the top.
Speaker 11: Boy listen up, because we're about to take it from the top breaking the downstreet style.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 4: So when we're talking him.
Speaker 11: About Prince and his vibe with analog versus digital, it's like this, imagine if you will, the analog world being like a live mural on them streets of Brickston, right, Every stroke of paint, every shade that hits the brick is real tangible. You kick a drum and it's like throwing a rock into like a pond. The ripples are soundwaves pushed through that air, mixing and mingling with every damn body's vibes out there. Strumbling on that guitar. It's like sending a voice through the air, traveling through rooms, hidden walls, and sliding into ears.
Speaker 2: All natural and raw.
Speaker 11: Now, Prince, he's saying, in the digital realm, it's a bit different, you dig It's like instead of painting that mural with your hands, you're using a virtual reality hitset.
Speaker 2: You're moving your.
Speaker 11: Hands, you're creating, but it's all happening in a different space, a digital space.
Speaker 4: You're not touching the brick no more. You're manipulating pixels.
Speaker 11: When you play music digitally, it's like taking a picture of that mural and showing it on the screen. It looks real, it might even feel real. But the brush never actually hit the wall. The air in the room didn't move because of those beagle beats, not directly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: In this digital dimension, things get calculated, approximated, and simulated.
Speaker 2: You get a snapshot, a representation of what happened.
Speaker 4: But it's just that.
Speaker 11: A copy of the real thing, not the original vibe itself, the essence, the soul, that moves the particles in the physical world. It kind of gets lost in translation when we digitize it. Prince was onto something talking about how living in that analog world keeps the music grounded in reality.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, thanks, because that's in my notes too quickly. It spit that out.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wanted to finish up quick time with Slive, but that's europe person company.
Speaker 2: That's what you're using right now. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I started it in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Wow. Me and my co founder, Cto Sneil, we were during COVID like everybody else. I was like, hey, have you noticed that to work on WhatsApp, I need to have a dropbox, and then I need a weed transfer to sending even bigger files, and.
Speaker 7: Then I need the email.
Speaker 4: Then I need a zoom, and then I need a SERI, and then I need a GPS. Like how come we can't put that all that stuff in a messenger And He's like, we could figure that out. I was like, really, we could do that. He was like, yeah, why don't you come up with the vision. I'll fine tune that vision technologically. And we started FI just he and I in twenty twenty and then it grew, and these systems, these these conversational agents that we have that we've been built in, that we've been building are now about to be launched. I'm fine tuning, Felicia. The last one you were talking.
Speaker 2: To is Felicia. Let's you keep it in the ghetto.
Speaker 4: Here's why, here's why this is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Why does intelligence only show up sound in British If you have, if you have like a movie that either sounds super British or super American. Intelligence never sounds like us when it's time to talk about quantum physics, it don't sound like us. When it's time to talk about quantum entanglement or synthetic biology, or it don't sound like us. So now is the time for like fourteen year old fifteen year old kids from the inner city and they ask a question about quantum, quantum physics or quantum entanglement or bioengineering. It needs to show up sounding like folks in those communities that are interested in those fields. It's like a human rights perspective that these ais don't sound like folks from the Congo area, from Uganda through Kenya, from Brixton, from fifth ward, from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Forty projects for the project it does.
Speaker 4: It needs to sound like folks from Colombia and Puerto Rico and Dominica and Panama.
Speaker 2: You gonna have mister Lee on the app saying mister Lee, you gonna have his broken lass English.
Speaker 4: When you were speaking right there, I was like, Yo, I need to get this cabin studio. Nobody understands this. Really, that's real though, that's real. That's real intelligence. It should sound like us.
Speaker 2: You made me feel better about Hey, hold on, n you drinking about us?
Speaker 4: Hold on, Jesus, it made me.
Speaker 2: Feel better about AI. Okay, we literally already said Michael Jackson and Prince right, we did that already. Oh no, no, no, he never picked. He never picked.
Speaker 4: He just said what Prince said about analog and digital.
Speaker 2: Because you wrote a horses of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: I work with both of them. I worked with Mike. I brought Mike to go see me, uh rock with Prince in Vegas.
Speaker 8: You brought Yeah, yeah, you brought Mike to see you just said wait. So one time it was like anybody, he's like Mike, he called you, he's in Vegas.
Speaker 4: He's like, who you guys have a show tonight I'm like, yeah, we got a show going on. Ten Oh, rats, you know I'm be sick. Please asleep. Rats.
Speaker 9: I'm like.
Speaker 7: Rats, I'm like yeah, but we you come later, like in the middle of the show.
Speaker 4: Now, if I don't see the show from the beginning, it's no way for me to know what's actually going on. I was like, okay, so why don't you come. I'll be rocking with prints like around at twelve thirty. Oh, I can't go to that. I'm like, why Prince is a meaning?
Speaker 2: I'm like what.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he's a meanie. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, he's really nice Mike. He was like, no, you don't understand. One time. I'm like, no, he's really nice, man, No, you don't understand. Will one time he tried to run me and my mama over with a car. I'm like wait what. He was like, yeah, I'm telling you. They always always put me in canst him. I'm like, listen, it's different now, why don't you just He'll be really happy to see are you sure.
Speaker 7: I'm like, yeah, let me call I'm gonna call you back.
Speaker 4: I'm a car ruth. I'm like your ruth. Mike wants to come see Prince tonight at the Rio. Who's Ruth? Ruth was Mike.
Speaker 7: Ruth was Prince's right hand.
Speaker 4: Who used to coordinate all of this, like you know, scheduling and meetings and shows and after parties. So she was like, Okay, we could put Mike a in a section. I'm like, cool, great, I think he's coming with like five people. Everything I'm saying, if you see Chris Schuck Her and you see ce Low, they'll vouch for you on this Celo Green, Yeah, okay. So I'm like, Mike, everything's straight. Are they gonna put you in a section? It's gonna be awesome. He was like, are you sure? I'm like, trust, Mike's gonna be awesome. So I'm late.
Speaker 7: Everything I'm saying is true. I'm late.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, shumped up to be late. It's twelve thirty Mike supposed to be waiting for me.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I go on at twelve forty five. Excuse me? Cap, Like, how long is it gonna take to get there? He's like, firsteam cab. Yeah, I'm on a cap.
Speaker 9: You in a cab?
Speaker 2: Yeah, story, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: You take cab? Know uber in two thousand, there's two thousand in freaking what year was that?
Speaker 2: Two thousand?
Speaker 4: Car service for this? Two thousand and seven, the biggest fucking no two thousand and seven, No, not yet.
Speaker 7: Two thousand and seven. We was kind of there, not bare.
Speaker 2: To show you for that.
Speaker 7: You signed no because we ain't got to. I got a feeling it.
Speaker 4: Oh God. So in reality, now that we know what we know in two thousand and seven, we wasn't that big. Okay, Okay. So I'm like, oh, Cap, stop the car. I'm running. So I get out the car and I run. Somebody is like white Cliff, I'm like to go boysucking Prince, and Mike's there, like day, white Cliff ain't here, Nigga.
Speaker 7: Run to the thing. Ruth's like, you gotta go on now, gives me the mic.
Speaker 4: I'm like your Mike. So he's like, okay, I'll be watching you. And at this time, I've already been working with Mike from two thousand and five two thousand and six, and he came to see me wrapping Prince two thousand and seven. I go on stage, I do my ship freestyle Da da da da da da. I come off stage. I go sit where Mike where Prince has Mike situated, and I said, it's me here, Chris uh, Chris Tucker here, Ruth Michael Jackson's Prince manager managers here, and then Mike there. Okay, So Mike whispers and Ruth's ear Ruth didn talks to me and says, Mike wants to know, why didn't you acknowledge Mike while you were on stage. I'm like, uh, oh what a Mike tell him that this is in my stage and I can't disrespect Prince on Princess stage. So it's no disrespect, it's just that that's not my stage. I'm like, I'm sorry, bro, sorry. So then he's like, oh no, it's okay, it's okay, whispers and Prince's ear and Ruth's ear Ruth didn tells talks to me. Mike wants to know how come Prince hasn't acknowledged him on stage. I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: So, I'm like, oh like bless and grips.
Speaker 4: I'm like your Mike.
Speaker 7: So Prince is still on stage while this is all happened.
Speaker 4: He's playing. I'm like, oh no, I think because he has you in the VIP section, he's not trying to blow your cover. Yeah, he's not trying to blow cover. It ain't nothing like that that Like, oh man, He's like, oh, it's okay, it's okay. That's okay. And so as that conversation dies down, Princeton comes in front of us, walks through the crowd performance. While he's performing, plays the bass, aims the bass in Mike's face.
Speaker 11: And like.
Speaker 4: Nigga's like, Mike's like right, this dude like flicks his hair, walks off, and then Mike's like okay. So then five minutes later, different times, five minutes later, he's like, I gotta go me me in my house for breakfast. And so I'm like all right. So he leaves breakfast, he leads to his house. Like what time He's like like seven o'clock in the morning. I'm like all right, cool, So he leaves. I go to his house for breakfast. Knock on the door because we're working now. I bring my laptop, bring everything, my hard drives. We're gonna work tomorrow. So I go knock on this door. As soon as I open up the door, he's like, why did Prince play the pace in my face? I was like, oh no, I just think he was just trying to respect. No, you don't kid it. He's a meanie. He's a meanie. One time I got told you he tried to run me and my mama over with a car. And so pause fast forward. Quincy Jones calls me. He's like, hey, where I am, man, where's my song?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for that song for a long time. When I am I got this new record coming out, Man, I knew that song. Where I Am. I'm like, oh my, Quincy, I've just been traveling, you know, playing for this new Black Eyed Peas record and working with Mike at the same time. He's like, listen, you're wasting your time with Mike. Ain't nothing ever gonna come out. I was like, no, no, no, I don't think you understand. Mike came with me to see Prince reform. You did what. I'm like, yeah, he came to see me perform a Prince. He's like, well, if you got Mike to come see you perform a Prince, well, then man, I think you moving something. At one time, Prince tried to run that nigga over with a car.
Speaker 7: I'm like, are you serious? That's what Mike said.
Speaker 4: He was like, hey, lying. I need you do your favorite will I am go on YouTube type in Prince, Michael Jackson, James Brown. And after this show is when Prince s thought Michael Jackson sabotage him, because while Prince came on stage, he held on to this light pole and then he thought that light pole was a sabotage and he fell into the crowd and almost hurt himself. So Prince thought that was a.
Speaker 7: Move from Mike.
Speaker 4: And you could see Michael on because James Brown was like, ladies and gentlemen, we got somebody in the house. Michael, Michael, get up on stage. Michael, come on, Michael, and Mike kicks up on stage, does this little thing, does a little freaking dance, and then Michael, if you see this video, then goes whispers in James Brown's ear. And you know since that whispering shit, that that's all it has to be true, because then what it looks like is from what I could gather.
Speaker 7: It said, it looks like he said, this is.
Speaker 4: Kuy out there in the audience, and everybody's comparing me to him, and I'm nothing like him. I need you to bring it up because we both are inspired by you and I love you and he loves you too, but once for people need to know that I am not him and he is not me, and we need the industry needs to know it. Please, I insist, please. So then, Mike, this is what you think they said?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because what happens after that, James Brown says, and.
Speaker 4: Give it up him, Michael, because he insists that I bring up Prince. Prince Prince Chris.
Speaker 2: Come up upstairs.
Speaker 4: So then Prince hops on the security guards like a piggyback ride. This dude's on piggyback ride. It's all on YouTube. Prince Thing comes on stage, does his little thing, scream down down, then tries to get the crowd to clap. They ain't clapping. He does his little he does his like terror doctor screen, walks off, grabs a hold of this light pole, falls and almost busts his ass into the crowd. And then from there the legend has it is he got into his car and try to fund him and mama over with a car. And so what I then when Mike then come in came over my house to record, I'm like, oh, yeah, what you was telling me?
Speaker 7: Quincy Jones verified it. I told you will I was not lying.
Speaker 4: I'm not lying. He's a meanie. And he also showed me, told me about this video that's on YouTube. What's YouTube? I was like, look, let me show you take that down? Who got that that from? Where should get that video from?
Speaker 12: Take that down?
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, wait, wait, mean to take it down? It's on the internet, WANs it's on YouTube. What's YouTube? I swear to go go on YouTube right now www dot YouTube dot com. Going to search thing. But Michael Jackson, Prince James Brown, you see it ain't no lies toe here. I'm for real. So so who Prince Michael Jackson? You still ain't picked both men.
Speaker 2: Look, I ain't gonna lodge. You exceeded everything. Think. Let me think of PPCA, hold it down. Everything I thought you was gonna be. You exceeded everything.
Speaker 1: You are all right, hold on, Let's let's try to finish this up as fast as you can, because I know you gotta go.
Speaker 2: H ship. But damn, that story was so fucking great. MPC two thousand or the r S ten.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know, I don't need I don't even understand s aar S tens.
Speaker 2: So NPCs NPC Okay, move on, pro tools.
Speaker 1: Are logic pro toos logic is old folks logs, reggae thong right, it is no bro, I'm bugging, I'm bugging. Okay, my bad. Your TV raps of Rap City.
Speaker 4: Oh man, ain't no rap City without your TV raps. So but rap City was super important for all the versions of hip hop. They talked about South hip hop, they talked about freaking you know, uh New York hip hop of course, but then they also talked about Philly on on umt raps. They talked about Virginia. They talked about they gave Love and Chicago. Rap City like put a spotlight on all different tones and vibrants and frequency of hip hop.
Speaker 1: So so going both both Okay, boys in the Hood or minister society, boys in hood riz or Alchemists.
Speaker 7: I grew up with Alan Alchemist.
Speaker 4: For his name is so like that dude. When I signed a Ruthless he was with Mugs and then get the funk out of here. Yeah, they were the hooligans, and we were in a group called that. We're in a group called at Ban Wow and uh we would go to this club together that the club where I used to freestyle.
Speaker 2: Did you hang out on Fairfax. I feel like, yeah, so they I.
Speaker 7: Think they went to Beverly.
Speaker 4: I want to Palisades. We would hang out on Fairfax in Venice Beach and but we went to this club called Ballistics together. So like I grew up musically with with al Okay, Ice Cuba, Biggie Smalls, ice Cube, Doctor Dre, doctor Dre. Who is it another one, doctor Dre Premier. Wow, you can't even put those two things in the same freaking.
Speaker 2: Catagalist Columbian and a Dominican section. That's what it is. That's a both, that's a that's a both solu. That's like, yo, gotta take a shot though.
Speaker 3: The Sun.
Speaker 4: Watching the Sun or the Milky Way galaxy Without the Sun, we're not in orbit to go around the galaxy. That but we need the Sun and we need the galaxy. You can't take either of them out. They're like two separate systems in y C or Miami. Without Miami, you have no party, thank you, you have no party that the whole America could be. Like, I get with that. I want to party like you have no Luke, you have no you have none of that. So that you have no freaking is Lisa Lisa from out here. I don't think what's your fin Yeah, oh ship, we don't have.
Speaker 2: Hip hop, so yeah, I'm trying. I'm trying to mind my business.
Speaker 4: You have to beat the way well Miami, yeah nothing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they both, that's a both.
Speaker 2: Let's go what so stated you say that said that he's got to.
Speaker 4: Get out of here, by the way, he's gotta fight Cheers, cheers, cheers.
Speaker 2: Eighties or nineties? Hip hop?
Speaker 4: What nineties?
Speaker 2: Whatever the nineties you want?
Speaker 4: Early nineties, I would go no tricks in eighty six, it's trying to build to.
Speaker 7: What you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: And Naughty two, even though we have fun in Naughty one, and I was stopping ninety two, and I would go from eighty six to ninety two, and I'd be like, that's the best era a hip hop. I would extend to ninety three. I would go from eighty from eighty six to and be like, that's the best era. That is the golden era.
Speaker 7: We need both of them.
Speaker 2: We need eighties and nineties Steve Jobs or Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Damn, both of those cats. Is why my life my why my life is nice because you designed the car too right, So I invested in Tesla in two thousand and six before Elon took over it like right around the same time.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 4: I was a part of Beats, and then Apple bought Beats from us. So you're talking about two companies that are like, uh, fat changed my life, right, So I say both.
Speaker 2: I love I love you. Playing the game, yeah, goddamn game.
Speaker 4: All right, Look at the boy the.
Speaker 2: Sports chans.
Speaker 4: We back.
Speaker 5: Local game, drink chands, Army, download the Underdog fantasy ad. You the code drink Champs to get matched up to one hundred dollars deposit.
Speaker 4: That's right, right, So, uh, we're still in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We're still in the playoffs. Let's let's not just talk about the playoffs, Okay, Nicks, good lord.
Speaker 5: For the first time in eighteen years, I'll be a Knicks fan for this round. I'll be a Knicks fan for this round.
Speaker 2: Listen, we don't want to.
Speaker 10: You just stay.
Speaker 2: You can stay where you are.
Speaker 5: To tally of the pigs that we had last week, nor you were seven for nine, seven for nine, ef N was five for seven, I was two for three, Sonny d BT was four for seven, and Diego three. For sake, we're gonna go right into Game three, number one seeded Boston Celtics against the number eight Heat. It's game three, Uh, Jason Tatum six point five points in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Is the higher or lower?
Speaker 1: Jason tells us to do that, look like Drake right, Yes, hiss, Caro will be popping.
Speaker 4: He'll go hi higher, Sonny.
Speaker 2: I say lower because he tries to pass and get the other the.
Speaker 4: Rest of his team to the Mikenny in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: He tries to get his team involved. So I'm gonna say lower. And the Heat has the top five defense too.
Speaker 4: I think Jayson dam is coming out shooting higher.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I'm gonna go lower, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Gonna go lower all right.
Speaker 5: Now, in total of the end of the game, he's averaging twenty six point five.
Speaker 2: Would that be higher or lower? I'm gonna go higher again.
Speaker 4: Jayson Datum has to have a big game to beat the Heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is they're playing in Boston, power in Miami.
Speaker 4: Game three.
Speaker 2: The game three is in Miami. Yes, I think I think he got I think you got chicks out here.
Speaker 5: So he goes to show up. Now Bam out of battle. Newly named Olympian for the USA.
Speaker 2: Congratulate.
Speaker 5: He's averaging seventeen point five points.
Speaker 2: Is he going higher or lower?
Speaker 4: At home?
Speaker 2: Sonny Higher, He's at home and that's the only shot they got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, higher, higher is a clean sweep. I'm going higher as well. Now for the shooting guard. We got Tyler Hero five point five points in the first quarter under dog Fantasy. They're going tight five point five in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Higher, lower.
Speaker 4: I think Tyler Hero is still missing his shots. Lower. You said that too, I'm shots you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm going.
Speaker 4: Because I supposed to Jimmy Butler when and said, yo, you missing. No, we don't do gossips.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I love the attitude. Niggas doing well. I'm not mad at right now.
Speaker 5: Jalen Brown first quarter six points Offen higher higher, hired singing in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: So higher, he's having a great Yeah, he's everything higher for him. I'm not man, all right. Yeah, he was convinced. I'm going high.
Speaker 4: Drink cham Army.
Speaker 5: We are paying attention and we're doing a great job. So rebound were to patch yourself on the back. You have to encourage ourselves. They know that we're doing it right.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: So Jaden Brown on rebound seeks total rebounds in the game, will that be higher or lower?
Speaker 2: Higher the total game? Yes, yeah, I say he'll go higher, definitely higher. I'm going lower on this ef N.
Speaker 4: I'll stick with crazy brother. I'll go lower.
Speaker 2: I'm going lower to bams in the center.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: There you go, drink Sam Sawmy.
Speaker 5: Don't forget download the Underdog Fantasy as Sports Chance.
Speaker 2: You guys soon. This is the last one quick time of slide. One more question and that's it after this. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 4: That's a lyric.
Speaker 2: I'm an jack myself, then.
Speaker 4: That's a that's.
Speaker 7: Loyalty or respect. It's also o se mm hmm uh. But no, not not directly.
Speaker 4: Oh see, a whole lot of respect. Uh, loyalty or respect? Aren't they in the same family.
Speaker 2: I always say that.
Speaker 1: We always say that's the only time we should drink. It should be both people like the thick and give you like like I gotta give you like.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't. You can't not have respect. You cannot be loyal to somebody if you don't respect them, that's right. And if you respect them, then you're gonna be loyal to them, goddamn right.
Speaker 9: Or you could be loyal and then not be loyal all of a sudden, and then that's when you disrespect them.
Speaker 4: Because you would never really then that loyal was based on your ulterior motives. You're loyal for wrong reasons. Yeah, I mean you never.
Speaker 2: You always think that both is the right life's job.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, okay, okay, you're gonna go.
Speaker 2: So this this, this is cheers. This is something that you did did for me personally. You didn't know.
Speaker 1: I always thought F one this racing car ship. Now I'm gonna give you one hundred percent with you. I always thought of some racist ship, like I didn't think like.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it was never black people around you.
Speaker 1: Being a part of F one single handedly made me say, holy shit, they do accept us because there was no drivers there was There was no Lewis before this. So when I seen you participat in then Lewis comes along, I believe blah blah Wallace.
Speaker 4: Is his name.
Speaker 1: Huh, that's NASCAR with whatever the fuck driving period. So all them was fucking dukes of hazard.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I thought that's all it was. This is my opinion.
Speaker 4: What made you.
Speaker 2: Start participating Because I.
Speaker 1: Saw somewhere you performed all twenty three in the twenty three countries.
Speaker 4: Now, I would go to as many F one races as possible. And the reason why I go to them is, you know, I have over three hundred schools teaching kids robotics and computer science. And so if there is an int T that tells kids, hey, look, this is engineering at it at its highest level. Engineering is a sport without those engineers, none of them drivers is doing anything.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So here here's a sport that's all about engineering.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I go there so I can meet engineers like yo, I need I need mentors.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 7: I go there to network.
Speaker 4: Wow, there's machine companies, software companies, engineering companies, mathematic companies, technologists that that that that show up to F one. And so I'm on a hunt. Like I said from the jump, I like to go out and find what's coming next. And so if I want my community oil Heights and then when we venture off to other communities to have the best of the best mentoring my kids, I'm going to go out where the best are. Like yo, I need engineers to teach my kids, or we could compete in this robotic competition and whatever you're doing with these cars, and you just shed that light to my kids where our program is at. And maybe there is a void, maybe there's not that many people of color there. That don't mean they got to be there forever. Like you think it was black people in the NBA from the jump, no pun intended on the jump, We wasn't always there. You think it was black people in the freaking MLB from the get go, or Dominicans or Puerto Ricans or Cubans in Major League Baseball. That wasn't from the beginning. But we entered that space and then dominated that space. And so there's a new space that we need to enter. That's engineering, that's mathematics, that's science. Needs we have to yo urgently, urgently, like with our full spectrum of petitiveness, audaciousness, ambition, and like bring it what.
Speaker 7: However we want to express ourselves.
Speaker 4: In these rooms, because if we're not in these rooms and the AI don't show up and meet us how we are, how we speak, it's gonna be a fucked up twenty forty.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a fucked up twenty fifty.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a messed up twenty sixty to twenty seventy, and then we would have repeated the same shit that repeated from the Third Industrial Revolution. Why do we want to repeat that.
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 4: You think we was there with freaking power plants. Yeah, we were there contributing, but we didn't own the companies. We was there with electricity, with electricity and freaking illumination and light, but we weren't there owning the companies. We was there with the railroads, but we didn't own It wasn't our companies that owned the freaking the trains. We was there in the automobile, but how many black people own automobiles. We was there in music, but it took a very long time for us to own the record companies. We was there for radio, but very few of us own the actual radio station. We was there for television, but it took us a very long time to own and be et. And then when we owned the b et, here came more freaking perspectives to send us into the prisons that were privately owned. Why does it have to be that way? We don't have to repeat yesterday, bro. Repeating yesterday is a calendar Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Wait, as if we can't invent new days now, somebody's gonna be like the sounds like some Kanye shit, because it sounds like some Vision shit, and Kanye's blessed with visions. Phar Real's blessed with visions. It's those other folks that.
Speaker 2: You want to make eight days a week.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you want to make eight days, nigga, you want to make like you want to make same amount of days. Let's keep it there, keep it the same amount of days. The metaphor was not for the changing of days. It's the changing of the guards, the changings of the architects, so we can make sure that our communities and people that move like us, walk, walk like us, talk like us, vibe like us are better off tomorrow. That was just a metaphor as far as the naming of days, because somebody was, you know, ambitious enough to name these things we called days in the first fucking place calendar right August, my fucking name, Augustus. August name is Augustus, July Julius.
Speaker 2: It's mostly ten months, not twelve.
Speaker 4: Ten months in the net deck of for December two niggas is Julius and augustusas put themselves in there. Yeah, bro, that's like and then we're going to add a thirteen month and it's called yeas.
Speaker 2: Well. I know you got to go. I see your people listen.
Speaker 1: Oh so you take it another you takeing shots without us on on like we said both let's you gotta wait for me to take a.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Well, i'mnna be honest with you. Thank you so much. I know you don't have to do this. Then yeah, let me get that.
Speaker 9: We actually have to do this again because you have to sit here at least for like four or five hours, because.
Speaker 2: I can listen to you talk all day.
Speaker 1: And I really want you to open up a school not for kids grown men that's like me and women that we could go and just listen to you and just see how you break down technology and you break down what's going on, what the future.
Speaker 2: Is gonna read. You are our Elon Musk, you are our Steve Jobs. You are well put that to us, to our community. And I wanted to tell you that face to face, man and man, because it's the truth.
Speaker 1: The ship that you're on that you're on now, people won't be on for another ten years or seven years.
Speaker 2: So the fact that I know you, the fact that I even have, like, you know, a relationship with you, are you know in.
Speaker 1: The most great way. I admire that, Like because I've seen you. I've rendered a studio next to you and bust.
Speaker 2: Around to try to get at you, and I couldn't get at you. You know when I met you, and we met each other in Vegas and baggage claim so much money to be next to you and bust when you was recorded and we didn't even meet then we met in fucking Vegas and baggage claim. No, you know, I just want to say, like, and you gave me a beat.
Speaker 4: I've been watching your show, Yes, thank you, not just watching it, but loving your show. The interviews that you guys do is like you pull the truth out of folks. Sometimes it's uncomfortable for the folks. Sometimes people come here and they like just rent out how they feel. And you you created a space for for for people to express the things they that they want to get off their mind, their spirit, their energy, and it's it's it's the only, it's one of the only truth places for whatever version of truth people come to your show to do and I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's like because Niggas is sauced up.
Speaker 4: But not everybody. But but it's dope and I always wanted to come on it. I'm like, yo, man, I want to go on Drink Champs. I want to I want to be on it, like man one day, Like you know, like you give people something to dream towards just because of how natural it is. It's like if we lived in the projects and be like, I want to go over Noury's house, right, I want to go to I want to see what he well reckons he got. If it was in the projects, it would be like that, like, ma, let me go over the let me go over to the Nori's house hold on, let me call NOI's mom, who's over there? Like it feels like a little village, Like you know, it's an awesome thing that y'all created, and it reminds me of like my village, my little projects, my neighborhood where I come from. It vibrates with truth all around it. So it's an honor to be here. The things that you said means a lot to me because I move super Ninja tiptoe like I don't make noise. I wrote super stealth on purpose because when you're doing these types of moves, even me saying what I'm saying is not stealth, right, but it's stealth. I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to take you face to face, man the man.
Speaker 1: We really love you over here and this is your platform anytime you want to promote anything. I don't care if you want to promote corduroy toenails.
Speaker 4: Thank god you changing up.
Speaker 7: The quarter of tournails.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: No that Nigga ain't getting no, she is bumpy, but hold on this.
Speaker 1: This is how much I'm so I thank you so much because this is such a beautiful You gave us such beautiful stories.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I just want to thank you man, you know, brother the brother, because I know you didn't have to be I know you. You know the success and and and you took your time off to be with us. Gonna be anywhere and what they say, give it anywhere on this world, but with us, I mean so much, so much. We had a couple of pictures.
Speaker 4: I had had a meeting today at Serious XM. Yeah, and I was like, yo, I'm about to do Dream Champs. And then they was like yo, just make sure you let them know that you and your AI got the show on serious.
Speaker 2: What is the name of the show on serious sex?
Speaker 4: That's why I show why If anybody want to rock out with Fiona and Finn my ais that just download f Y, I dot A I.
Speaker 1: Those are your co hosts. Yeah, and the you're gonna have Norri too, right. I gotta like we gotta be one of I gotta be.
Speaker 4: Somebody like if you dead ass want to want to want to do.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, I'm dead ass. I want to be like were going the red loft? That make it right? I want to be that guy.
Speaker 4: If you want to do that, we could do that, Like it'll be awesome. But in June, I got this other thing. I'd love to come back on the show. We got this partnership with Mercedes.
Speaker 2: God damn it.
Speaker 4: We where we transform, that's we transformed the people's experience with music in the vehicle. And I go to China on the twenty fifth of April to launch to announce what we launched at CS in January, and so like we'll be like across the whole entire fleet Mercedes vehicles with our AI and our music service and just listening to Eric being rock cam seeing him in front of that Mercedes and uh, you know, sir, mix a lot dropping Ben's benz ok a MG kit Uh and uh and then uh ice Cube, Me and Lorenzo rolling into Benzo and our love for Mercedes to have landed this partnership with AI and music with Mercedes to be across the entire fleet. We're gonna you'll hear more about that in the next coming months.
Speaker 2: So we end in this interview with saym you got a full fledged deal with Mercedes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, I told you. I'll be moving like tip toe Ninja Bro.
Speaker 9: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast us. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is.
Speaker 4: At Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and
Speaker 9: Most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com