Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Happy Holidays, Holidays, Rich and I heading the jingle Ball tonight. Iheartshingle Ball Fun concert. Yesterday was the company holiday party. Had a great time. You're just going time of year, You're just going for the food. Yeah, I'm going for the food Man, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio with Danny g and Iowa, Sam Dan Byron Spotty. Thanks being part of it at Fox Sports Radio, at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube or streaming live. And we have lots to get to this hour Rich Brainwave giving away prizes.
Speaker 4: It Please can hob nobin my Big TV Game of the Week.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go over what games get the Big TV courtesy of tc L Buddy Boy. But every Olympic dream starts with the first glide, Rich, wasn't your first glide on that workout thing that you used to have oh my, anyway, Tony.
Speaker 4: Little Rich.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: Every Olympic dream starts with that first glide. Do you learn to skate USA? Kids build confidence, strength, and joy on the ice? Thought, you're so cool. I've been to the gym and I've seen Covino on the elliptical, like, oh, learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate USA dot com that's learned to Skate USA dot com.
Speaker 4: So what do we learned yesterday?
Speaker 3: Lebron is unselfish, the streak is over, but the Lakers are good, and we learned that maybe the Cowboys aren't there and the Lions, who we thought well, I mean, I can't say I totally changed my mind.
Speaker 4: I'm not that flip floppy.
Speaker 3: I still think they might make the playoffs, but yesterday, if they would have lost, it's over. I still think it doesn't look good because they got to go play the Rams in a week. I know they have a little extra rest, but that Rams Lions game that's now even bigger.
Speaker 4: So NFL just continues to deliver.
Speaker 2: You are pretty flip flopping, though no one wears flip flops more than you I.
Speaker 4: Think I wear.
Speaker 3: I think you're a weirdo that you think like showing your feet flip flops with jeans.
Speaker 4: I don't wear flipoue one of them.
Speaker 3: Google it in in the New York post on a red carpet in maybe, oh god, post on the red carpet. Look it up, maybe in the two thousands. All right, So I don't rock jeans with flip pops. But you're the type of guy that wear sneakers to the beach because you must have busted feet or something.
Speaker 1: Lies.
Speaker 2: These are lies, though, these are just straight lies. I'll show you my feet right now on YouTube. But anyway, you have to pay for that at the door. Right now, I have an only fans paid for that. Now that ties into the rest of our conversation. Lebron as a luxury where he could have these old guy injuries because he could rely on his young teammates like Reeves and and Luke had to step up when he's not feeling right. He has left foot joint arthritis and sciatica. Right, So we just want to wrap up the conversation of what are some ailments or references or old guy things that are dead giveaways that that person's older than you. Oh, and your dad is victim. He calls flip flops thongs. Oh, Richie, I got my thongs. My dad your thongs.
Speaker 3: He goes, yeah, I'm oh you called them flip flop.
Speaker 5: My parents call them thongs too. Its generational, you know, I because they're old.
Speaker 2: So when I hear about Rich's dad's thongs, I'm like, yo, man, this guy's showing a lot of cheek this summer.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: So that's an old guy thing we already mentioned, like the old people candy. I'll give you one, I say, bust out of Werthers or one of those strawberry dollar tree candies.
Speaker 3: I said something the other day and I stopped myself because I was like, I don't want to sound like the old guy. I mean, I don't expect remember every story we tell on the show. But do you remember I went to take my kids to go see Wicked two and it was the same day as the forty nine ers. Yeah, Carolina Panthers Monday, and I said.
Speaker 1: You were gonna tape something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm gonna take the game, and I'm like, hold on, correction, I'm gonna record it.
Speaker 4: I'm not such a good one taping. I hope the VHS works.
Speaker 6: Another one along those lines, my mom. I talked to her a couple of weeks ago, and she said, yeah, I gotta go run some errands. I gotta deposit some money at the bank. What Yeah, who goes to the money the bank to deposit money that?
Speaker 1: We all have direct deposits for that.
Speaker 3: Or like even if someone gives you a check, just you take a picture of.
Speaker 6: It on your phone, or if somebody writes a check or talks about their check book, do you guys, when's the last time any of us wrote an actual check.
Speaker 1: I still write checks for my landlord requires it. I used to use.
Speaker 5: My previous landlord said you zell or like a you know, and so like I went in back in time.
Speaker 4: I like regress landlord.
Speaker 2: It's a very old guy thing to not have venmo, to not have zeal, to not have you know, access cash, you know, and there's no shade here.
Speaker 4: But it is an old guy thing.
Speaker 2: And I have to check myself sometimes because my references are a little older. But when mad Dog talks about Bob Coozy every second, five could hey, it just sounds so old to me right, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He's the best and then we love him.
Speaker 4: So that's no shade there, the old guy stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, we started noticing that when we would reference LT but we meant we met Lawrence Taylor, obviously, but younger people were like, you mean La Danny and Tomlinson. We're like, no, we mean Lawrence Taylor. So certain things could date you without even realizing it. And Lebron's injuries are one of those things. I got one that I'm calling out you buddy, I dude, believe me. When I start talking about Atari and things like that, then you know that's a.
Speaker 3: Big one because I'm a kid whose first video game console was Nintendo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in Cavinos talking about Yo with Tari Bro, I'm like, what are you like a sixty bro? Yeah, I know you're way too young to play Atari. I mean, I know you had older cousins and stuff. I chalk it up to have a great memory. What's up, dB, what's your favorite episode of Seinfeld? Well that's a good one, the bet no, it's that's that's the question.
Speaker 7: If you ask thirty somethings now, they're like, I never watched it. I've never seen it. I've never watched it. It's a good one and so like, I think it's so recent in my life and it isn't. But I will bring up episodes and I was like, yeah, I never saw it. They the watch Friends. I don't know Sam's but they like, you know.
Speaker 2: It's also very confusing to a younger person. You know, you'll say something like yeah, yeah, you know on on Brady Bunch or I Love Lucy. You'll bring up an old show like how old are you dude, but they don't realize that you watched it on Nick at Night?
Speaker 6: Or yeah, like that was our version of how the twenty somethings watch Friends right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, you're right.
Speaker 3: So it's like the way like how I Met your Mother or Friends or one of those shows Riairs.
Speaker 4: You're right, Covino, because it's like Brady Bunch, what do you hold? You're smart?
Speaker 1: Gets.
Speaker 3: Let me take it to sports for a second. Is there a stadium reference? Like I don't know, I'm not saying people do, but like the Niners, what if someone accidentally drops like a candlestick reference or like Brendan Bernerina, Yeah, like if you know you like you, I think you may have slipped recently into the New Jersey nets, Like you know, is there a uh absolutely is there like a oh man, you're an old guy reference, Like if you say the Redskins, you're like, all right, old timer, it's the commanders now. Like I was thinking along those lines too, because you could tell an older guy when they say something that's politically incorrect without trying to be rude, but it just dates them as they're older, and like, yah, you can't be saying that anymore. Yeah, you may think you're edgy, you mean, like you have the conversations with your parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you may think you're edgy, but you're just really showing me how old you are.
Speaker 7: And when you have fathers and sons that aren't juniors, and you like put the wrong name in front of or even something of David Carr instead of Derek Carr, you know, like you know something like that, You're like, okay, you're going to the older side of things.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, by the way, my name is starting to date me. Just my name period, Steve is servant older.
Speaker 3: I remember, so I remember might so look at the names on our show, like Sam, believe it or not, I was Sam. Sam's like a popular name again, I bet you when you grew up, Sam felt like like a name that not many kids had.
Speaker 5: Right, it was like it's Sam's never been like an overused name, but it was a lesser used name when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: But like when I was a kid, every kid was Mike or Anthony.
Speaker 1: My dad's name is Mike.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking about what we talked about, Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, Michael j Fox, Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Michael Anthony of Van Halen. Does that date me?
Speaker 4: Yes? It absolutely does.
Speaker 3: But I think when you see, you know when I coached on a CD for Danny, when I when I coach all these little kids on my son's team, it's Dylan and Phoenix and Adler in this all names that are not like Rich, Rich and Steve. We got old guy names because I remember when we were fans of like Howard Stern back in the day, Howard, Gary Artie friend. Already there's no kids then, Gar In my mind, I was like, yo, that they were starting to be dated.
Speaker 4: But that's us now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so these are dead giveaways.
Speaker 2: Complaining about your ailments, conversations about doctor visits. Uh, you're pumped to tell me about vitamins or supplements you're taking.
Speaker 1: This is all old guys talking about how you need readers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, read which has his proactive sixty plus.
Speaker 1: That was just nat.
Speaker 3: I wrote that down because Cavino, who is old hawkeye over here, who was like bro twenty ten vision hit five hundred in high school baseball, Like Cavino bragged about like he could see a street sign a mile away.
Speaker 1: They call me all ego.
Speaker 3: We were at we were at a fight in Vegas, and I remember being like, yo, you think he's gonna knock him out.
Speaker 4: There's a minute fifteen left in the round. The Comino is like, where were you seeing this?
Speaker 1: I couldn't see.
Speaker 3: That's when I got classes the big score boat. He's like, I don't see a thing. COVID plame COVID. Yeah you could say COVID. I you could say you're forty something maybe, but yeah, readers. When you see your buddies who you went to the club with ten twenty years ago and they're buying readers, that's when you know. Let's say, had a trip in Vegas, one of our good buds trip. How do you know you're getting older? What's up man, when you're Lebron James and you have arthritis?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are those references? What's up?
Speaker 4: Trip?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 4: Danny's phones are hot?
Speaker 2: Hold on phones are on fire eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox or at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio on social media.
Speaker 8: What's up, trip, Hey, gentlemen. Always good to hear you right there in my weekend listening to y'all.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know what it's called?
Speaker 3: Danny answers a phone that has a chord on it when you when you call, that is true?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: A term would be go to the market instead of the grocery store, like where the hell is the market? And then h for injuries, I would go with kennis elbow and versaidas uh.
Speaker 3: My dad had tennis elbow. That isn't all I think? That's like, yeah, you know what, thank you?
Speaker 1: Trip.
Speaker 2: You know the old guy reference to like give me a call is doing like the cowa bu uh shaka, like thumb to ear, and a kid today would just put his hand to his ear like call.
Speaker 1: Me yeah, like a flat iPhone, like.
Speaker 2: A flat iPhone. So even our like they say, even our gestures are like old guy gestures don't call me text me. Yeah, right, question? But yeah, you know what Rich calling me all the time. I'm like, dude, what are you seventy five years old to shoot me a text?
Speaker 3: You know these you do these thumbs, So I won't tell you anymore. I have a question. I know this is uh Ellen degenerous did this in a stand up routine like years ago, So I don't want you think I'm stealing Ellen's jokes of all people, but she did do a joke about like, how do you tell someone to roll down their car window now?
Speaker 4: Because remember back in the day, your parents would be.
Speaker 3: Like roll it down, Like, roll it down, like you're the great popon you make a circle with your finger?
Speaker 4: Do you what do you do now? Just like like if you needed to get someone's attend, like roll down the window, do you still do that?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Roll it down?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask my kid that there's a universal sort of updated sign language.
Speaker 3: But if you want to feel if you want to feel old, look up some of these videos on TikTok or Instagram where they ask, well, there's two ways to feel old. They ask like, let's say UNC's men's basketball team, how old is someone? What year do they need to be born and they'll be like in the nineteen hundreds. It makes you feel like garbage. And the other one is when they when people show teenagers literally technology from the eighties or nineties and they pick up a cassette and they're like, what is this? Or they pick up a VCR and they're like, I don't know, like it's wild wild.
Speaker 2: Along with Lebron's recent injuries a game, that's an interesting one.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 3: A clip on social where they were asking kids what they thought the Yellow Pages and the White Pages were and watching kids learn that numbers you should just be in a big, fat book.
Speaker 2: They were like, what, like they put addresses right? You want to look people up?
Speaker 1: So random?
Speaker 3: You know it's it's we said it's snowy on the East coast. Remember on those days where the weather was a little suspect. They would be like a phone chain at school, Like your mom would get a call from someone like school's canceled.
Speaker 4: Then she had to call someone else's.
Speaker 1: You have to watch the news, yeah, scroll on the channel. Yeah, not town channel.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to cramp local radio, but local radio used to be important because they'd be like, remember they do like traffic time and weather, and it's like traffic ways, weather, iPhone time phone, Like is there really a need for some local guy to be like, here's the traffic in the weather.
Speaker 6: Some some people like to kick back and have somebody tell it all to them.
Speaker 3: You think if I'm going to see you and Danny, if I'm going to if we're coming for if we're covering for like Colin and I got to see the traffic on the way to Fox. Do you think I'm listening to like the local traffic eye or you think I'm just going to waising Google Maps.
Speaker 2: I got two more dead giveaways that you have arthritis in your foot.
Speaker 4: Like finding me in a backup on the Verrizontal Bridge.
Speaker 2: If a younger person hands you the phone and you take the picture landscape, that's like an old guy move because every young person does it. They want they want it for like the Graham, they want it for Instagram or whatever. And if your references Facebook or even in Instagram, you're kind of an older guy because every young kid's on like Snapchat or something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think everyone knows that, right, Like your kids think that Facebook's like the old person in social.
Speaker 1: Media and that's for my aunt Sharon.
Speaker 3: All right, will wrap it and then we're gonna talk about our big games and we're gonna play a game.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 9: What's up? Fellas well? First things first, I'll be listening to you guys from time. You guys on a Fox Sports and you guys are like listening to my boys hanging out.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's awesome. That's the goal, man.
Speaker 1: What's up? Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 9: Favorite call in ever was what a guy called in to talk trash to you guys, But you're.
Speaker 8: Listening to us anyway.
Speaker 9: I am. I am not a fashion dude. And where you guys love to go get your your favorite sports team headwear. I'm a district sales manager for out Here in Michigan and anyways, Ropers started with the company. My boss at the time was a big shoe guy and I wasn't so I wanted to be matchie MATCHI with my outfits and I went and bought myself some bomb shoes and they were the old Nike Monarchs And of course when he walked in, he's like, old guy shoes.
Speaker 3: Huh those are Mow the Launch, Yes, Mow the launches, and but they're sort of like they're old guys shoes.
Speaker 4: They're old guy shoes. They're super clunky white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't be shocked if they make a comeback because kids wear like new Balance.
Speaker 2: Now you're right, you're right. Yeah, the old guy shoe was making a push. But anyway, thank you guys for all the phone calls.
Speaker 3: We have a few more, you know what. All right, we got to move on, guys, just too many phone calls. Ye, so much to get to one of those things. Riches Big TV Game.
Speaker 1: Of the Week.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time to go over the big TV TV Game of the Week. We do this every week thanks to TCL. Let's hit it, Sam hear my fat up.
Speaker 10: I got an extra.
Speaker 3: TV the game game that I will have Riches Big TV Game of the Week.
Speaker 1: It's richest big TV game of the week.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm sort of torn like Creed or Nalie and Bullier. Old guy reference, old guy reference. That's music.
Speaker 5: Have you ever injured yourself laughing because I've gotten a cramp in my.
Speaker 3: Rib, I've hurt my neck. Can I tell you how an old guy thing? Not to get you off track? Rich Joseph like a like a fruit fly.
Speaker 2: A fly in my kitchen bothered me, and I went to snag it with my Kurt Russell miagi. What do you do with reflexes? My Jack Burton reflexes? And I reached so fast and so hard I feel I pulled my arm out, and it's been hurting me for like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, I had a commission because of this.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you early games. Let's zip through this because it's just too hard to decide early games. There's three good ones. Forget the Jets and Dolphins, and the Saints and Bucks and Titans, Browns, Commander's Vikings, there's some stinkers. Seahawks are gonna kill the Falcons. There's three early games. And I'll tell you what I'm gonna watch. I'm gonna watch the Colts and Jags both at eight and four. Someone's gonna lose, and someone's gonna have a one game lead in first place.
Speaker 4: And that's a man. I'm not gonna tell you who I think is gonna.
Speaker 3: Win because I don't even know the Jags maybe, but Colts and Jaggs, that's an AFC South matchup that gets the big TV.
Speaker 4: You might say, Rich you're not gonna give it to the Ravens and Steelers. Ooh, that's close behind.
Speaker 3: And I am curious to see if the Bills stomp on the Bengals or if the Bengals start their their glorious road to like making the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs sound like a dB guy, I think that's his game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly I think the Colts Jags is the game to watch, but not far behind the Bengals Bills because remember he said the Bengals could run the table.
Speaker 4: Who knows. And of course Steelers Ravens late game.
Speaker 3: Not not as hard because there's only one good one Broncos Raiders, Danny G.
Speaker 1: Do you want?
Speaker 4: You want to see your team even win this?
Speaker 6: This is actually important for the Broncos because they have the tie break with the Patriots. If they keep winning, then the road's gonna have to go through Denver for Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, so Broncos would likely stomp your team Rams Cardinals. No, Kyler Murray, Rams should easily.
Speaker 6: But Rich you said that last time, and it was a ten to seven game between the Raiders and Brons.
Speaker 3: That is true, and the one big game it's gonna be on everyone's TV. I would to be shocked if if it got huge numbers. Bears Packers on Fox's a good one, nine and three Bears eight three and one, Packers, Packers at Home a seven point favorite. Some people say the Bears haven't proven it yet, and there are people saying, like seven points, how disrespectful to the Bears.
Speaker 4: So Bears Packers, that's huge. And then no dispute.
Speaker 3: Sunday night you got one game and it's huge Texans Chiefs and then Monday Night Eagles Chargers. So all your great games. The only conflict could you know is early in the day. Are you more intrigued by Aaron Rodgers versus Lamar Jackson or you more intrigued by that AFC South Colts Jacks.
Speaker 2: Man, It's funny, I'm more intrigued by the Aaron Rodgers game for me. So if you throw them, though, I think the Colts Jags is probably a better game.
Speaker 3: So hey, thank you tcl our big TV game of the week now coming up, We're gonna play a game that's gonna give away a prize to one of you. So if you want to end eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox, are you in the same brain wave as Cavino?
Speaker 4: Rich Spot, Dandy g Sam dan Byer. So we're all involved.
Speaker 3: You have a chance to win again the number eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox to play.
Speaker 1: Quick Timeout holiday upgrade checks.
Speaker 4: Tell me what to do?
Speaker 1: Timeout.
Speaker 2: Are you still watching the games on an old small TV? No, which is the weakest, going to your house squinting at your little TV like your squintin Tarantino.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: I'm uh.
Speaker 3: I'm the guy with the big TCL game of the week. So you're the guy that might have the weakest TV. But if you need the TCL in your life, they got the QM eight k QD Mini LED that's the real MVP, Ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels for the ultimate experience.
Speaker 4: Pictures so clear you could taste the turf.
Speaker 2: And it's not just football movies. Look, cinematic games feel smoother. And yes, the in laws everybody that comes over, he notices.
Speaker 4: Think about it.
Speaker 3: You watching all these Christmas movies with your kids, watching a lot of big football in fact, not just NFL this weekend college football, some big games.
Speaker 4: So TCL is where it's at.
Speaker 3: Holiday savings off, Select tcltvs right now, go premium. Like I said, with the QM eight k, brilliant picture, huge sound the ultimate choice. So grab the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience.
Speaker 2: Don't overthink it, locking the ultimate experiences with the epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long.
Speaker 3: Get it while supplies last, TCL Official TV Partner or the NFL. Find TCL at all major retailers. TCL Bigger, Brighter, better, holidays, select models, limited time. See all major retailers for details. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 11: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 3: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 11: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR, check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Now a lot of people might think this is Rich singing karaoke. It's actually The Darkness a Christmas classic cabino and Rich is Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Be careful with the classic.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for being here Live Sports Radio studio. For over forty years, tire Racks have been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation thanks again to tire act dot com.
Speaker 3: The way tire buying should be and every Olympic dream starts with that first glide. Would you believe my daughter has said, Dak.
Speaker 4: We go ice skating.
Speaker 3: So guess who's gonna be uh ice skating, probably in.
Speaker 4: The next week or so. I am so hey.
Speaker 3: If you want to learn how to ice skate, learn to Skate USA kids build confidence, strength and the joy of being on the ice. Learned to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities.
Speaker 4: Find the program near you at learn to Skate USA dot com.
Speaker 3: Now it's time to play a game where we see if you share a brain with us fools.
Speaker 4: Let's go, do Coveno and Rich really share the same brain? Do stay?
Speaker 3: Rich, chatting, chatty, rain persisting something Sidney.
Speaker 4: Joe to measure you?
Speaker 1: Is their crew not far behind?
Speaker 6: We're one.
Speaker 4: Welcome to brain.
Speaker 9: Wave How to make sense of the brain.
Speaker 6: It's easy we dropped on sports music and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosoms, you win.
Speaker 10: I love that.
Speaker 7: On the count of three, reveal brainway one, two, three, Yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 6: You're on the same wave way right now, all right, Happy Friday. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try and match the brain of CNR and the crew.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get our contestant on the studio line right now, and then I'll explain the game.
Speaker 1: Ryan was first through in Dunmore, Pa. What up rank going on?
Speaker 4: Let's put it's a Doubleedore Pa?
Speaker 10: Ryan?
Speaker 9: Fun done More notdle Moore.
Speaker 1: Ryan, what do you do for a living there in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 8: For it's a uniform and went into Black.
Speaker 12: Company, very co.
Speaker 6: All right, here's how the game works. I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant needs to win two of them to be the champ and walk away with a CNR neurve football. I'm going to ask a sports music or entertainment question and then give three debatable answers to choose from the six of us in studio. Going to write down our answers on dry erase boards for our YouTube channel, and Ryan, that's gonna give you time to get your answer ready. On the count of three, Ryan shouts his answer out. Then we go around the studio to reveal ours. Our contestant has to match with four of us to win the round. So he's got a bat six sixty seven or no matter the callers answer. If all six of us in studio happen to match, Ryan, you automatically win the round.
Speaker 1: Right here we go round one. You guys have your dry erase boards, righty ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying it out now, hold.
Speaker 6: On, he's trying something bad over there that HR would not approve. All right, we're gonna start with Yeah, We're gonna start with entertainment. It's widely considered that Christian Bale played the best Batman. Which of these actors is second best? Michael Keaton, Robert Pattinson or Adam West.
Speaker 1: Alright, we're all writing rotters down.
Speaker 6: Zzy, you say, all right, there's a lot of debeat about this online. All right, on the count of three, Ryan, you're gonna shout out your answer.
Speaker 1: One, two, three, Michael Keaton. Michael Keaton, he says, cause you know you go first. I'm an old guy.
Speaker 2: I used to watch three runs, Adam West, Oh, come on, aw souit?
Speaker 3: I used to love The Son of a Gun. I gave the old guy answer too, because I'm like, they only did like one movie and like Adam West is Batman?
Speaker 4: Dude, Adam West, those.
Speaker 1: Are old guys, all right, dB.
Speaker 5: Adam West show working with Okay, right now, he's over three.
Speaker 1: But everybody's mad. But it doesn't. It doesn't sound like Spotty's in agreement though, oh man, not a chance.
Speaker 2: Michael Keaton, by far is the best Batman, even better than Ben.
Speaker 1: Michael Keaton was over acting. No, there we go. No, you did get one right for that? Yeah, I can't get it. Though.
Speaker 6: I also said Adam West because I shame on you. Have you ever seen the documentary spot He is Batman?
Speaker 1: Oh? Come on?
Speaker 5: I gave Michael Keaton. Come on, Michael Keaton was still Batman in the eighties. And what I didn't get an option for BELLI or guys Batman.
Speaker 1: Danny didn't give Val Kilmer. There's a reason why, because Val Kilmer's ahead of these guys. That's pretty good. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 6: All right, We're gonna move around to it's all right, there's four more's gonna knowles choose Clooney. Oh no, we don't talk about that. I'm on all right, Round two, let's go to sports. Which of these is the most memorable baseball card of the nineteen eighties? The nineteen eighty nine tops Billye Ripkin f Face, the nineteen eighty nine Upper Deck Ken Griffy Junior Rookie, or the nineteen eighty four Don rust Down Mattingly Rookie everybody fought for? Oh all right, f Face Ken Griffy Junior Rookie or the down rust On Mattingly Rookie. Oh all right, think about your answer, Ryan. The rest of us will answers down. Yeah, this one's hard. It's the most memorable. All right, everybody locked in?
Speaker 1: Locked in?
Speaker 6: I think so, Ryan, we need your answer. On the count of three, one, two.
Speaker 1: Three, I gotta go Griffy.
Speaker 6: It's going Griffy. We're going in reverse order this time, Iowa.
Speaker 5: Sam, I said, Griffy, all right for you?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, Griffy, but one card.
Speaker 6: We were tearing packets, opening up looking for what's the F face card?
Speaker 1: To Spotty. I went with Griffy as well.
Speaker 5: I do agree Danny, But like I think the more coveted card.
Speaker 1: Was the Griffy all right, dan By.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's gonna pay for my son's college, of course, the Griffy Epperdt.
Speaker 1: Alright, that's what we thought at the time. All right, Rich Davis, I.
Speaker 4: Wrote Griffy Junior, but I put three f's for some reason.
Speaker 1: Was that is that four found?
Speaker 2: I went with Billy Ripkin fear card was legendary with Danny g But congrats you got that round?
Speaker 6: Yes, all right, so you're halfway to a CNR prize. We go to round three. Let's go to the music category. Which of these music acts most deserve to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Billy Idyl, the Black Crows were the B fifty twos. There's debate on all three of them.
Speaker 4: Any other brainbusters?
Speaker 1: All right, we're all writing our answers down and we need your answer. Ryan.
Speaker 6: On the count of three, one, two, three, he said, B fifty twos. All right, Covino, we start with you. Well, yes, Rich is the only guy I can agree with him.
Speaker 3: But Billy Idle, come on, I mean, Rich, Ryan, it's a nast day for a what wedding, and he was also in wedding singer Billy Idol.
Speaker 1: Come on, go with the B fifty two Dan Byer. I think you guys know where I'm going with this.
Speaker 7: He is our former teammate at Fox Sports Radio, and even though he had a falling out with the Robinson Brothers, shout out Steve Gorman Black Cross a great band.
Speaker 6: I used to listen to the Gorman Brothers. Shake Your money Maker was a game changer, all right, Spotty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I do agree on the B fifty two's should have made it, but I went with Billy Idol just because he's more rock.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but great.
Speaker 4: He was so emptv punk rock Elvis Man.
Speaker 1: Before he passed.
Speaker 6: Even Ozzie Osbourne said that Billy Idol should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: So I said, Billy and Sam I did say the B fifty twos fifty two's are legendary.
Speaker 3: They should be one of the things besides love Chef, rock Lobster m Private Idaho, my private own, Private Idaho.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of hits.
Speaker 5: You They're a little bit more like Kitschy though like they are their niche why I.
Speaker 4: Think they deserve it because they are a little bit unique.
Speaker 1: They're very unique, very unique.
Speaker 7: Sam just needed to come up with two two more songs and then put her on cruise control.
Speaker 6: All right, let's uh, let's go back to sports, right a couple, we're claren, we're claring our dry erase boards.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to sports.
Speaker 6: Which of these legendary wide receivers had the best hands, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent or DeAndre Hopkins? Out of those three, which legendary wide receiver had the best hands?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, options again, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent or DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 1: Hum, all right, we're all writing our answers. Everybody locked in?
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, Ryan, we need your answer on the count of three, one, two, three. Larry app Okay, he says Fitzgerald. Which way did we go? Last time?
Speaker 1: Sam starts? We've got a reverse order, so iowa, Sam, all right, here we go. This is hard because I have to use one hand to reveal one hand for the dinger.
Speaker 5: I said, Larry Fitzgerald, leave.
Speaker 1: Your dinger out of this. WHOA.
Speaker 6: I remember seeing some spidy catches from this dude, I said, d hop he had a wide radius and spotty.
Speaker 2: I went with Gerald fitz Larry.
Speaker 7: I feel you guys put me in a bad spot here because I knew that I was gonna say Larry Fitzgerald, but I got you think I'm gonna go against Largent like there's.
Speaker 3: No lad However, you know what the only guy whose hands we saw because he didn't wear gloves, best hands, nice hands.
Speaker 1: No Largent was amazing rich. What did you say?
Speaker 3: I went to you, Denny, I went, hop, I'm sorry, man, I think I've seen him like make some pretty sweeted you know ork Is type catches.
Speaker 2: We've actually shook the hand of Larry Fitzgerald and Gerald fitz Larry.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, well I have one.
Speaker 6: We're going down to the wire last category and he needs this one right. Entertainment needs us to win. Which of these actors would you cast in an upcoming film where you needed a leading lady? Margot, Robbie, Emma Stone or Zendeya. Those are like the three leading ladies on the internet right now, all right, we're all gonna write our answers down.
Speaker 4: I think this is a no brainer, and I think that Ryan, you get a price. Yeah, if he fails us one already.
Speaker 3: If he fails yea Ryan on the count of three, Danny dooit all right, one, two.
Speaker 1: Three, Margot Robbie not even quote all right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with Covino, Margot Robbie, easy peasy.
Speaker 4: Simmers, easy, rich cheek.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I don't think there's a hotter woman on earth than this woman in the Waffle Wall Street. She was also Barbie. I think this is a no brainer. Margot Robbie one thousand percent.
Speaker 7: All right, DV I almost put three bees like the three halfs Margo.
Speaker 1: Robbie spotty boy. I went with Margot Robbie as well, did you win?
Speaker 6: I love I love Emma Stone, But I also said Marco Robbie.
Speaker 4: Maybe so he's a winner Chicken Dinner.
Speaker 1: We got a riot out of curiosity, Sam, what did you write down? Lackstone? And she's an Oscar winner.
Speaker 4: She is a leading lady. Sam's like you just ed I wrote in May West.
Speaker 1: Emmastan is an incredible actor.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 6: I love Bates. It took all five categories, but Ryan, you are a winner. We're gonna mail out a CNR Turbo near Football to Pennsylvania when the shipman arrived.
Speaker 4: Great dude, great energy. Thanks for playing. I'm glad you won.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, day, I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you brother.
Speaker 3: As we go to Dan Yer's update, I know I could feel Dan Byer's energy, and that is what he loves about Iowa. Sam like just undeniably Margat robbis the answered. He's like put on a phone.
Speaker 7: I think we should get Sam a chalkboard instead of a white board.
Speaker 4: Like dude like formulas. Who's better?
Speaker 7: No, just because it's old like that's yeah, that's all.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: How everybody loves Margot Robbie.
Speaker 2: Yet Jenni Presley looked exactly like her and didn't get the same reaction. I just tried to guess what to say on that one. Jamie Presley was hot too, you said, Jenni Presley. That's that's I want. It's a girl that Rich used to know. I met Jamie Presley, he said, Jennifers, where your head's out?
Speaker 10: dB?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: All right, well, let's get out of the gutter here, guys, and let's talk some sports. The United States will play in Group D for the twenty twenty six World Cup, Australia, Paraguay, and the winner of Paths C from the UEFA playoffs will be the other country.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: The US schedule for the World Cup this summer has the United States playing in Los Angeles on Friday June twelfth against Paraguay, Friday June nineteenth in Seattle against Australia, and then back in la on Thursday, June twenty fifth for the winner or for that match against the Path C winner. Multiple reports ay Penn State's working on a deal to hire Iowa States Matt Campbell to be the Nitney Lyons next head coach. Chris Henry Junior five star wide receivers committed to Ohio State. Sesame Street helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at Sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. In the NFL, Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray not gonna play for the rest of the year. If you don't believe me, believe head coach Jonathan Gannon.
Speaker 12: Kyler will not play again this year, so he has some more tests on. This week went out of state, got another opinion on it. It's not progressing where it's gonna make sense that he can go, so he's gonna be done for the year.
Speaker 7: Jade and Daniels will start for the Commanders. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson's good to go. Justin Herbert limited in practice today. Lebron James out tonight for the Lakers against the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Luca could come back on Sunday.
Speaker 7: And finally, guys, they had great athletes announcing at the final draw for the World Cup today. Shack was there, Tom Brady and Wayne Gretzky, and Gretzky in announcing. Kurrasau did it in his own great way, so that I love Wayne Gretzky. But one of the highlights from today.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 3: Have a great week man, enjoy your football and you're gonna watch your Seahawks put a whooping this weekend.
Speaker 7: Huh Falcons and no Drake London for them, So let's hope.
Speaker 3: Man, they're gonna keep rolling. Right, We got to talk about that great football and what to watch this weekend. Weekend Hobnobbin next right here on Fox Sports.
Speaker 10: Radio, Today's Friday. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sam, I'm like Pavlov's dogs when you started playing that, I go It's Friday, and.
Speaker 10: Then Today's Friday after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Today's right, Merry Christmas, and we're live from Fox Sports Radio Studio, streaming live on YouTube. Appreciate all the feedback on YouTube Covino and Rich FSR. Covino and rich FSR. You can also get over promised our bonus podcast. There no more waiting. Your goals start now. Cyber Monday deals are still going. Take your workouts around the world daft punk style with Nordic Track and I Fit Man. Stay big on treadmills, bikes and rowers at nordk track dot com, Nordic Track Train anywhere, explore everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's time we do every Friday. It's called weekend. Hob nobyn live in for the weekend.
Speaker 1: You're winning bets for time points. If you get stuck socializing. You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 9: You ever dance with the devil in the line?
Speaker 1: Friday brings us weekend, hob No, Yeah, buddy, I'll kick it off, you know me.
Speaker 2: I love a nice heiney, a nice holiday Christmas song, and I'll be a good fight. Let's go UFC three twenty three on huh we wee UFC this weekend. Dwalish Willie versus Yon that's the main event, bandamweight main event, and you got Pantosia and Vaughn also fighting the comins. So some good fights in UFC this weekend. Plus I'm midway through the Puff Daddy p Diddy Papa Diddy Pop. Yeah, same Diddy documentary, and I know it's salacious and Fitty.
Speaker 1: Scent getting a lot of heat for putting it.
Speaker 2: Out there, and maybe it's not all all true, but man, it's good.
Speaker 4: So the he did called Seawan Combs The Reckoning. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: On my list. That's on Netflix. Definitely worth the while.
Speaker 3: I feel like I got to watch it just because people are gonna be talking about it, So you want to sort of be in the loop on it.
Speaker 2: Now, you don't have to be a hip hop fan, but especially if you're a hip hop fan, it goes back and there's a lot of history.
Speaker 1: It's a a lot.
Speaker 2: Of insight, and our show over promised our bonus podcast you could watch it. It's like a TV show. Yeah, it's on this YouTube page. Covino and Rich FSR. We talked about chat GPT's greatest moments in sports, history and who knows more humans that actually witnessed it and lived it or some stupid chat GPT. So we go over those moments and we give you the rules for the company holiday Christmas parties, The rules the dudes and don'ts on over promised episode one twenty Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube night. Is this the weekend we start watching Stranger Things and trying to pretend that we know where we are?
Speaker 1: Alright, try, I keep like going a bit.
Speaker 4: Season five? Still there, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, Matt Rife as a crowd work Christmas special don't watch with your kids apparently, he's uh, just just.
Speaker 4: Don't watch with your kids if you're in the holiday spirit. Sean Combs breaking oils it. He's a he's just his Baham book.
Speaker 1: He's a Christmas spoiler.
Speaker 3: Adam Sandler sitting down with David Letterman My next guest. If you are a fan of the Sandman.
Speaker 4: It's good to be here. You love Letterman. That's out now? Is it cake?
Speaker 3: The Holiday Edition? My kids love that show. It's such an easy, stupid watcher with Mikey Day, so fun.
Speaker 4: And that's on Netflix. And dare I say? Kavino you know me. My soft spot is terrible Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: To fund her daughter's Christmas wish, single parent tailor puts on a disguise to get a Santa job at a luxury ski resort, but falls in love with the charming new manager. It's the number one trending Netflix Holiday movie. It's called My Secret Santa.
Speaker 1: I'd rather watch?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Gak Rich?
Speaker 6: You're gonna watch that, but you're not watching land Man on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know I should walk out of the room right now.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Landman is definitely one of the one of the shows that I hear people talk about.
Speaker 6: Kevin started yet Billy Bob Thornton's a badass, and it's season two every bit as good as season one. And three major college football games Kidd number eleven BYU at number four Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: That's the noon game.
Speaker 6: Then number three Georgia versus number nine Alabama that's the afternoon game, the night game. Number two Indiana versus number one Ohio State, and it's on Fox.
Speaker 3: Someone's Someone's, Oh's Got to Go and Ohio State favored by four, favored by four, so it should be interesting. They got the experience but man, it's gonna be fun to watch that one. But if you're not a big college fan, have a great weekend. You got to finish decorating this weekend. That's the rule right there. You're your fruz Bam. Thank you guys for hanging.
Speaker 1: I had to reave it. Debt you baby, see you in the promise you're by
Speaker 10: Today's Friday.