Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Mickey, put your headset on. It's time for another edition of mix Shots inside the SWBC podcast studio Bill Jones along with Savannah Humoler because we are the ones with our headsets on and prepared for action. Meanwhile, Mickey and the Pro Bowler Everson Walls now have their headsets on ready to go.
Speaker 4: Hey watched the Pro Bowl yesterday, didn't you?
Speaker 5: I must admit I did not.
Speaker 2: You don't have to act as if you miss You didn't miss a damn.
Speaker 5: And then I watched the highlights, and I was just telling.
Speaker 4: You actually heard good reviews about it.
Speaker 5: I just told Savannah I thought I was what I was back in college watching innermural football.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's I only watched five minutes of it.
Speaker 4: I watched about five seconds.
Speaker 5: Okay, So he's getting ready to dog us out, okay.
Speaker 3: And I saw I saw d Ware the Hall of Famer d wear on a blocking sled and two big ol' offensive linemen were blocking em and they won. The NFC didn't won the game too, I guess sixty four to fifty. Now.
Speaker 5: I did watch the skills competition on Thursdasday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how was that? Okay, that was entertaining Micah as a future as a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Throwing the football?
Speaker 2: U huh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did he win?
Speaker 5: I would like to see him or I just saw one highlight? I don't I don't know the standout.
Speaker 3: Well, Micah I had better accuracy than Jalen Hurts, didn't he?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jalen wasn't real good.
Speaker 7: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Actually Holmes was pretty good. Oh, I mean they field, that's how good he is. He said, I don't need to worry about it.
Speaker 2: I can go to the Bowl and super Bow.
Speaker 5: Mayfield c D was good at the dodgeball.
Speaker 2: Okay played dodgeball?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 7: Ever since, like what is this?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 5: This may come as a shock, but Tyler Smith was good in Tug of War. I missed the tuggling dog, so.
Speaker 2: I guess though, I mean, I'm sure the other guys.
Speaker 5: They had four offensive linemen and they the NFC won both matches.
Speaker 3: I did see I guess right after the sled drill. Actually it was like an obstacle course. It was like the old Superstars competition in Savannah. You have no idea about because it happened in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Ever since. Were you ever in the Superstars competition?
Speaker 8: What were you?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 7: Describe it?
Speaker 4: Describe it.
Speaker 2: We went to Hawaii.
Speaker 9: It was after the Pro Bowl, and we stayed out there another week and uh, you know, just did the stuff.
Speaker 2: We had to roll.
Speaker 9: We had to play volleyball, white water volleyball, and then.
Speaker 4: An obstacle course where you climb a rope and then.
Speaker 2: I don't recall that one.
Speaker 5: I don't know what. I remember the swimming party and I've never seen more guys ready to drown and that.
Speaker 2: Was that was one of them. I was like, it was like halfway out of the water. It was.
Speaker 5: No, it was like a decathlon, but with players Superstars different it was but they but they.
Speaker 2: Might I keep it forgetting she's so young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Superstars on ABC, and it had it was like every Saturday afternoon, the Superstars competition. And it wasn't just football players, it was athletes from different sports. And they'd compete against each other on in like an obstacle course, but they probably.
Speaker 2: Had a shine. It was a pro bowl.
Speaker 9: Addition, Yeah, we didn't have other guys from other sports, so we were playing, like I said, water volleyball.
Speaker 2: Uh we did. It was somebody put it on.
Speaker 5: Like one time obstacle.
Speaker 2: I don't recall them.
Speaker 9: I don't recall the different shade call us racing like for your dashes.
Speaker 2: I don't think we did anything.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, what happened one time?
Speaker 9: What happened one time? We got there and the waves were twenty five feet hot?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we we didn't do jack.
Speaker 7: That surfing competition that would have been no, that would not be good.
Speaker 9: Bar fight that was not a bigger There was a lot of black guys out there, so we're not going to be out there in the damn ocean trying to swim around in twenty five foot waves. Memory bar fight competition, no bar fight competition.
Speaker 4: White.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, nothing sanctioned.
Speaker 9: We probably had some things extra correct activities, but nothing sanctioned.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why I was so ready for this. One night I woke up and I had dreamed I was fucking off the field with Everson Walls, and he had just won a sprint competition.
Speaker 2: You know, but you were dream I never war sprint competitions.
Speaker 5: But then maybe on Friday, I dreamed that I was late for the show and Bill would not start the show until I got here.
Speaker 3: You know what that is a that is a common nightmare for a sportscaster. Yeah, exactly, that you're racing and everything gets in your way and you haven't written anything, and all of a sudden you look up it's ten twenty and you're racing.
Speaker 4: You can't get there, and then therese it's like.
Speaker 9: You're at home and you're you're way past That's because mine was always about missing a test.
Speaker 5: Oh that was me, yeah all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like, oh I got a final and I didn't go to this class all year long.
Speaker 9: Oh I it was really Well, I've had dreams of missing uh my, you analysis, yeah, because that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Well that's fake if that's failed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've had dreams of missing that for a long time.
Speaker 2: I really had dreams of missing that.
Speaker 9: I'll get up and late at night and be like, okay, well.
Speaker 2: I wake up.
Speaker 6: Mine's just generic it's like if I am going to miss a flight. That's what I get stressed about, Like I have to be up at a certain hour, and I'm up hours and hours.
Speaker 2: And you just can't get packed.
Speaker 7: No, no, and you're back. Did I forget anything out the door?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well there's that, and now let's move on to is the new defensive coordinator in the building?
Speaker 5: Possibly might be in the building.
Speaker 4: So you saw Bill Belichick in the building.
Speaker 5: I did not see Bill Belichick in the building. But Jerry Jones said that the interviews would start at nine o'clock this morning.
Speaker 7: Who do we have on tech?
Speaker 3: That was that was before we all we all learned that Joe Witt Junior is going with Dan Quinn.
Speaker 5: I don't think we needed to learn Washington. That was no relevation that was going to happen, because look at it this way. Even if they were gonna interview him here for the job, and now you guys all tell me common sense. Are you going to take the job with the head guy that's got one year left on his contract or are you gonna go with the guy that's got five years left on his contract. I think it was probably a no brainer. On his part, even though he had worked all those years for Mike, he did work in that same capacity with Dan in Atlanta for what a year or two maybe, So I just assumed that was done, Dee. Now the question is for him, is dan Quinn running the defense and is he going to be the Brian Schottenheimer of the defense or is he going to get to do it, because for his sake, I'm hoping he gets the opportunity to do it to further his career and not have everybody say, well, yeah, he's the defensive coordinator, but dan Quinn's running it. Which, by the way, were you the one that that that xed it out? However you're supposed to say it now? Dan Quinn's arrival in Washington day for work, Yeah, and they had a reception. I mean everybody stood there online and clapping as he walked in the building.
Speaker 3: Adam Peters, the GM was in that group, and so they arranged it when when dan Quinn, with his baseball cap turned around backwards, walked in to the office's backpack on yeah, they did know the front office personnel.
Speaker 2: Did you think he knew that?
Speaker 5: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I was a surprise and so they all gave him a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: He walked in.
Speaker 5: So when he went and said, hug the guy, the tall guy, Dug that wasn't Doug Wille. I don't, but there was some guy named Doug he recognized, and I know, but it didn't.
Speaker 4: I did look at the video and it didn't look like him.
Speaker 5: But anyway, yeah, he was okay, guys, hey, let's go to work.
Speaker 6: And then Cliff Kingsburg for the offensive coordinator. Uh, a little move there too.
Speaker 5: And Bill had a good tie in there last night.
Speaker 7: The Cardinals head coach. He's going to Washington.
Speaker 5: He turned out the off he turned down the Raiders job after he accepted it.
Speaker 4: Wow, so it was Thursday. It all came down. That was third you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Quinn got the Washington job on Wednesday, uh, service day or it was before the Kingsbury thing, right, yeah, okay, So then Kingsbury on Thursday night he was reports came out that okay, he is going to the Vegas. He's agreed to a deal with Vegas. Well, then be the going to be the OC Las Vegas with Antonio Pierce the Okay. Then all of a sudden on Friday, things fell through at the last minute, and then by Sunday, Cliff Kingsbury is going to be the offensive coordinator for.
Speaker 4: Dan Quinn's Washington commanders.
Speaker 3: And so you know there were conversations, and you know, when when dan Quinn goes to Washington and interviews for the job, he had telling them, yes, what his plan is, and so you know he's had conversations with Kingsbury before. Well, Kingsbury all right, Quinn gets the Washington job, and then okay, but Kingsbury's also talking to Las Vegas. He had also talked to Chicago, and so push comes to shove there. Okay, Quinn gets hired, and then okay, remember I told you Kingsbury's a guy I want.
Speaker 4: He's about to go sign with Vegas, so they up the anne or so.
Speaker 9: You don't think there was any falling out between he and Piers's group.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was just the way it came out, was the way they couched it was Kingsbury wanted a three year contract, they're only offered a two year.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 5: But then the other part of it is who's got the second pick in the draft.
Speaker 3: This is this is why I made it my lead story last night on my sportscast. Is that came down about eight o'clock last night, and the first thing I thought of was, Okay, this is the lead material because this affects the Cowboys. Washington's got the second pick. Kingsbury was on the staff at USC last year. Chicago did not hire Kingsbury as their offensive.
Speaker 4: Coordinator, which would have been a no brainer with.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams, the USC quarterback, being the number one pick in the draft. Yeah, they did not hire Kingsbury. Okay, Chicago's got a decision to make whether they keep justin fields or pedal that pick and take Caleb Williams. I'm thinking Chicago. I'm just speculating here that Chicago has decided they're keeping Fields, They're going to trade out Washington. They're hiring Kingsbury, who was with Caleb Williams for a year. They trade up to number one, Chicago trades down to two, and then Chicago can trade again, and so they'll collect a whole bunch of draft picks this way.
Speaker 5: And Washington takes Caleb Williams, right.
Speaker 3: And Caleb Williams is from Washington, that's his hometown. I mean, it just makes all the.
Speaker 7: Sense it's very fitting absolutely, so.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I did not know that that didn't either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he was a Cali boy.
Speaker 5: He'd he's from DC. Yeah so so yeah. So So the the other part of it, and I wrote about it on Friday, is that now the Cowboys got to play four games against two coaches that know them intimately, right Dan Quinn now with Wit and Kellen Moore and who knows Dak Prescott better than those three guys. So makes it a little bit more complicated going forward.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 9: Obviously obviously we know them as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was going to say, and they know what those guys like to do also, but the fact that it was, like my first line was if you can't beat them and join or get them to join you, right, Yeah, So that's another little nugget there going going.
Speaker 9: Forward, it just makes things more intriguing. I wouldn't I wouldn't stress over it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just a nice little story for you guys.
Speaker 5: You can write, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make it interesting.
Speaker 4: I think that is.
Speaker 3: Doug Williams I just saw the video, okay, because he said, Doug, Yeah, I'm gonna let Everson look at it during the break. How about we know, we know we're early, but now, yeah, let's know, we'll continue on sere in the regular season.
Speaker 4: We got a forty five minute show, so we take a break like fifteen.
Speaker 5: After although I have to be out by twelve forty five, so you guys can go to one. I mean eleven's forty five. Yeah, eleven four. I know, I got so and.
Speaker 2: We didn't give your heads up.
Speaker 5: I was getting ready to but everybody walked in at the last minute. It's like, oh, put your head sight on, let's go.
Speaker 9: I'm going to make as much of this as possible for the time that I do. You guys the same way.
Speaker 2: So yeah, oh, that's definitely that's Doug. Yeah, I know that's Doug.
Speaker 5: He looked skinny, looked thin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be happy to hear that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I doesn't he.
Speaker 2: I think he's a lot of hair.
Speaker 5: Last time I saw his hair go, Yeah, that's what he did, all right.
Speaker 2: He's trying to look younger.
Speaker 5: So he's good looking.
Speaker 4: Black man looks like Doug Williams to me.
Speaker 2: He didn't want he didn't want to be you know.
Speaker 5: And by the way, where were you guys when we were doing our East West Shrine work here. I was there, That's why I said, Savannah and I.
Speaker 2: How'd you like it?
Speaker 5: It was good, It was really cool.
Speaker 6: It was a really cool event. They did great big set up. The crowd was huge. There were so many people that showed up game. It was really cool.
Speaker 2: She asked me, why am I not here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did.
Speaker 5: She should have been scouting.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 7: I was on the field. I ran into Randy White said hi to him.
Speaker 6: Drew Pearson was down there, a few other guys, a bunch of the current players. They were out there watching the game too, on the sideline. So it was cool to see all these guys play.
Speaker 5: And we were even there on Wednesday for the Hall of Fame announcement for the East West Shrine game. Steve Smith Senior and Steve Sarkesian.
Speaker 2: Steve Smith, he's been there for a while.
Speaker 5: Steve Smith now the East West Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, excellent.
Speaker 5: Which he had a good story because he was invited and he wasn't invited the Senior ball and at the last minute somebody pulled out of the Senior bull I mean the East West Shrine game. And gil Brant gives him a call and says, hey, do you want to participate in the in the Shrine Bowl? And he said, That's how I got my opportunity, and I think he ended up being the MVP of the game.
Speaker 6: He was really emotional when he was telling that story as well. It meant a lot to him just to get that call from Gilbrant and then be invited to that and then a full circle moment coming back to this game and.
Speaker 5: Being there and then get drafted. So he figured, you know, what he showed in that game certainly bring boarded him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any fond memories of your college All Star games that you played in ever since?
Speaker 9: Shut those fools down. But you played I played in the Black College All Star Game. It was like the second, only the second one. We played in Jackson, Mississippi.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 9: It was a bunch of people that are like seventeen hundred people.
Speaker 2: That was watching.
Speaker 9: No, I mean they were at the game, okay, seventeen hundred spectators. I think it was more scouts and coaches than there was anything people's families. It wasn't much at the stadium, played at Jackson JACKSTU. Yeah, and gil brand of course was there, and Yeah, got out there and it was freezing cold, freezing cold in Jackson, Mississippi, and we won the game. But it was, you know, it was just one more step trying to get there. It wasn't much you could say about it, just you know, a bunch of brothers out there running around trying to be seen.
Speaker 2: And be picked. So yeah, I played a good game.
Speaker 9: But I mean, you know, when when it came to the whole college experience, I don't think I was necessarily all that much, not even in the All Star Game. It didn't really get interesting until I got here. That's when things got really sticky. But the All Star Game, it was, you know, it was it was. It was bush League. Let's just call it what it was. And but you you you got guys there, all of us, you know, trying to just get a pick. I think I was the best guy in the in the in the stadium that time. And hell I went undrafted, So you know, it wasn't like it was.
Speaker 4: Any other names from that game that we would know.
Speaker 2: I don't think you would. I don't think you would.
Speaker 9: I remember Larry Farmer, safety from Mississippi Valley. You had some all coin boys that were the Walley Wright or wide receiver they didn't make it either, but it was a lot of fun to hang out with. We had a lot of fun that weekend in Jackson, so much fun. Gil had to had to squash some stuff, you know. That was Gill's thing. If something went down.
Speaker 4: He was still.
Speaker 2: You take that, officer, you take that, And that was that was that was interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 9: The night before the game, that was interesting. They had some issue and Gil came in and made it all disappearof it was gone. So that's your boy, that's your heroes.
Speaker 5: In the Yeah, in the game on Thursday. Yeah, Frank Gore junior. It's pretty good, pretty small, but boy can he scoot. He is fast. Where did he play running back?
Speaker 2: Where? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: The what? College?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't want to Yeah, Mississippi? Yeah, I wanted to wait, had I had it right here. He's got a start.
Speaker 2: Out there.
Speaker 5: I got a touchdown on the East or West. He was on the West team. Okay, yes, with two of his brother at quarterback. Who's pretty good. But he's also pretty short Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure is he? I met both of them. Is he can't? Maybe he's short into it.
Speaker 7: He's pretty short.
Speaker 9: The whole family came to the Black college.
Speaker 2: UH Hall of.
Speaker 9: Fame banquet, the entire family and their sister major cowboy fan. The baby sister is a major. I couldn't shake her. I was the only cowboy there. I couldn't shake. As she wanted was all the grass and pictures. So uh, they have a very cool family. Met the entire mom and dad met the entire family.
Speaker 5: The other interesting story at that game, UH the cornerback uh Quantes Stiggers. He didn't go to college. He was in with the Toronto agri Agrenauts. UH and he made plays on two of the first three snaps of the game, including making the tackle on the kickoff, and then two plays later he almost intercepted a pass when he broke it up. And then he pulled either a ham or a groin and he didn't play anymore. I was thinking the coaches thought, Okay, people know about him, we don't need to put him out there. But he got hurt. But he he looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: Is he twenty two years old, six foot one ninety seven. He did not go to colle He went to brand He was a freshman at Lane College in Jackson, Tennessee. His father's death caused him to enter into a significant depression, according to his Wikipedia page, that resulted in him dropping out despite being on a scholarship.
Speaker 4: He then wasn't didn't go back to college.
Speaker 3: He was in that fan controlled football league, that live streaming indoor football league that Cavante I think played in that uh and uh, And then he went to the CFL Toronto Argonauts last year. Interesting, I think he was voted the CFL's most outstanding rookie.
Speaker 5: He was he looked, he looked good. He looked good, you know, and they only had one kickoff because after that it was put the ball twenty five yard lift.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he got he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 3: So all right, Interesting, we're going to take a break here because Mickey's got to get out of here early.
Speaker 4: Here in twenty three minutes.
Speaker 5: You guys do not have to get out early.
Speaker 4: I will say about that.
Speaker 3: See, if you're going to pay us more to stay to.
Speaker 2: Be the key, double dip over there, you double.
Speaker 4: We'll be back at them over here. On mixed shots.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press out. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left he'll want.
Speaker 12: For a perch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands Sins twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currents.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold koola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the Armed Forces. Since the Civil War, fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demict.
Speaker 6: Shuts Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Mickey was at a big announcement yesterday and I have questions about.
Speaker 6: It, but at and T Stadium will be hot nine World Cup matches in twenty twenty six, including a semi final match on July fourteenth.
Speaker 7: Mickey, how was the event.
Speaker 5: You know what, it was pretty good. They had you know, a bunch of the mayors from the surrounding area there, Emmett, Dirk, Marty Turco were there. But yeah, you know what, there was initial disappointment that they didn't get the final, but the fact that they got nine games, and actually five of them technically will be knockout games because they've got five games in the first round that are going to be here. But they also the fifth of those five is the last of the round robin in the groups, so that generally is going to decide who gets in and who doesn't. And then they've got quarter uh quarterfinal, they have one semi and they get the semi final game, but they get knockout games, so they're going to be really important. So nine games here, as Jerry said, that's like having nine Super Bowls, the.
Speaker 7: Most than any other of the host venus.
Speaker 9: So what's the what about the what's the difference between UH coverage between.
Speaker 2: UH the I don't know the.
Speaker 9: Expense of the game and what's the how can I put this, what's the value of all of those games versus having the game?
Speaker 6: So the final is going to be at MetLife Stadium, New.
Speaker 5: York, except they can't call the stadiums by their sponsored name.
Speaker 7: True, they have to change the name.
Speaker 4: AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: You know what it's going to be called for that month, Dallas Stadium, Dallas Stadium.
Speaker 2: It's not even in Dallas. It's crazy, it's not Why can't we.
Speaker 3: Call the stadium to the World Series champion Texas Rangers.
Speaker 5: Well, probably because they're not going to call MetLife East Rutherford Stadium.
Speaker 2: What do they call it, Well, it don't mean to call.
Speaker 4: It New York New Jersey Stadium. That's what they're gonna call the We don't know when they awarded it.
Speaker 3: They said it goes to New York, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: I thought New York was in New York.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't give me.
Speaker 9: So that's why I haven't gone to a Super Bowl parade yet, because they're always fussing about New Jersey, New York, which one's going to pay for.
Speaker 5: So the Cowboys, the AT and T gets two games in the round of thirty two, so after the first cut, and then they get one game in the round of sixteen and then the semi final game.
Speaker 9: So it's my question question was the value of those games versus the value of the last the championships.
Speaker 5: I think getting nine games here as opposed to a six in the final is pretty big. Your question, they wanted the finals, and my thing is.
Speaker 2: Why would you want the final versus the nine? Right?
Speaker 6: Right, You're still gonna get a lot of eyes, like at gotta.
Speaker 9: Have It's like nine super Bowls, right, like nine super Bowls versus one super Bowl? Or Am I being naive about that championship?
Speaker 6: I mean that'll be like the big Game obviously, but having nine you're gonna yeah, I mean there's a lot of value in that, especially having it over any more Hostels's.
Speaker 9: There's more financial value in well, we won't say more. There's a lot of financial value for the nine games. But so the one game would that that value?
Speaker 2: Does it? Does it equal or surpass?
Speaker 7: That's that's my point. It depends, I mean it depends. I think you're clean.
Speaker 5: All right, Well look at it this way. Nine games. That means you got eighteen teams coming here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm trying to look at this as a glass half full thing. Yeah, I'm trying to look at it. Here's so disappointed that they didn't get the checks.
Speaker 5: Well, and here's what happened. Think about it. If you live in Europe, Denmark, wherever, whoever else has a team somewhere, Sweden, New York, what is no what do people identify with in the United States? New York of course, or l A. Right, I don't think of Dallas.
Speaker 2: We've been trying to change that for decades.
Speaker 4: Right, And.
Speaker 5: As Jerry properly pointed out, he said, it's the international perception of the United States, doubt right, And no one thinks of Dallas. They think of New York and all the stars in LA.
Speaker 9: But when you talk about soccer, we're talking to soccer here, right. I know down south, it's a lot of soccer players down there in Ecuador, and.
Speaker 2: They're right down.
Speaker 5: There, right down there, Mexico, Yeah, right there. That's why the first game is being played in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I'm saying Dallas is a nice fit considering you have so many great players, Latin American players from down south right there, so we're closer to them than them going to New York.
Speaker 5: Here's here's the other thing they're hoping for is they've got to have a staging area for the officials, and they're hoping they'll put it here in North Texas because then you can fly.
Speaker 14: All over Central I think they're also hoping that several of the international teams will have this as their home base because of all the different areas they can practice.
Speaker 5: In, including the two stadiums in Arlington everything Frisco. That's right.
Speaker 4: And also think t will be training out of here.
Speaker 5: That don't you think that'd be awesome?
Speaker 3: Mini camp will be over. Cowboys will schedule their mini camps back down the.
Speaker 5: World second week of June.
Speaker 2: Still you still call it min camps.
Speaker 9: But there is a mini camp, yeahs.
Speaker 3: Ot, and then there's a mandatory mini camp that's about June tenth usually, But you got first game is June fourteenth here, and so that's it's free. June fourteenth through July fourteenth is when these games are played.
Speaker 4: And so whoever wants.
Speaker 5: To because if you, if you if your their team right now, you've got to house your team somewhere in the studio. You're not going back home right and then come back or four days later.
Speaker 2: Okay, once again my account, not one one naive question.
Speaker 9: So New York, New Jersey got the championship game or around no game?
Speaker 2: Just one way?
Speaker 5: Well, they got the other five or six, or they got their game.
Speaker 9: Other matches leading up to that, but they get those as well as chances.
Speaker 3: You asked the question that has not been answered by the rest of the panel that I wanted to answer for.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was watching a political debate. Mickey was dodging the answer.
Speaker 5: There was no dodging, okay.
Speaker 3: FIFA has claimed that around one and a half billion people watched the twenty twenty two World Cup final live on television, one point five billion people worldwide, and they had almost six billion engagements on social media, almost as much as mix shots. To put a global TV audience of one and a half billion into perspective, super Bowl fifty six that year was watched live by fewer than two hundred million people worldwide, So we're talking for the final one point five billion people worldwide as opposed to the Super Bowl was less than two hundred million people worldwide out. I haven't had time to look up what the semifinals got, but I would imagine that's the difference in hosting the final rather than let's say, even you take away a half a billion people, or you got two semifinals.
Speaker 5: So no one cares about the semi final.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm sure they do, but I don't think it will match the two billion.
Speaker 4: You said one and a half billion.
Speaker 5: So how many languages do they broadcast the game.
Speaker 4: One and a half billion?
Speaker 5: Because part of what they did yesterday they interviewed some people that just spoke Spanish and they didn't have a translator. It was like, okay, this is this is really good. So you guys didn't watch this on TV.
Speaker 4: I take I watched it.
Speaker 6: I was though, yeah, no, I read about it, but that was pretty much I could.
Speaker 9: My friend Larry Lyne, he's a marketing guy. They interviewed him. Yes, ces, yes, and you know, he explained it very well. The way you explained that, the way you explained that is the way he explained it. But I'm still thinking at the way he put it. Nine super Bowls for the second place. The second place still gets nine Super Bowls, and so I was trying to see if they could those nine still don't compare to that one point five.
Speaker 5: Billion, But though I bet it will.
Speaker 2: If you don't prove there, you go out there at the end of.
Speaker 4: It, we'll need to add up viewership. We're going to add up the viewership for all nine mets.
Speaker 6: Next week and we'll have a little bit more concrete numbers everything, and I will look it up.
Speaker 4: Then again, we don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to talk about it because when we come back here on big shots were still doing mix shots in two years.
Speaker 4: I want to talk defensive coordinators.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yes, right before Mickey has to leave.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swag Brisky than the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek America's team playing America's Greatest spool Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboy. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company for Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping or school petsy finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 5: That's what I like, mixed shots.
Speaker 6: The CONCACAFF Nations League Finals are coming to AT and T Stadium. Don't miss your chance to watch North America's best soccer teams battle it out in the semifinals on March twenty first, then see who lifts the trophy in the championship on March twenty fourth. Tickets are available at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: All right, speaking of that other kind of football boy, they sure said football about thirty times during that broadcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk football defensive coordinator. Yes, okay, what's been reported out there?
Speaker 5: It's been reported that the Cowboys will interview Ron Rivera and Mike zimmers.
Speaker 3: And it's been reported at add dirty. Oh yeah, yeah, an interview as well. Absolutely, Okay, who do I want? Is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We we just wanted you to say it.
Speaker 4: I think I may have already said who I wanted?
Speaker 5: Who did you say?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I brought his name up when his name wasn't being mentioned, and now it's being mentioned.
Speaker 2: Mike Zimber, I figured you I want to.
Speaker 3: Although I like Ron Rivera too, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a good defensive coordinator. H good coach.
Speaker 4: Bears in the Super Bowl, and six played for Buddy Ryan.
Speaker 5: I thought you meant as a player No.
Speaker 4: And Six he was a defensive when they went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Well, Buddy Ryan was the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: He not in two thousand and six when Rex Grossman the Super Bowl. I'm sorry, and Ron Rivera was played for the Bearers under Buddy.
Speaker 5: I don't know enough about Rivera. I know a lot about Mike Zimmer and I think what this defense needs now is a no nonsense, hard ass to be running that defense.
Speaker 7: Who do you think would fit that best?
Speaker 5: Like those candidates Mike Zimmer And like I said, I don't know about Rivera. Dirty It's it's hard to change the perception within the organization that, well, this is the defensive line coach right now, you're in charge.
Speaker 2: Of the whole thing. Now.
Speaker 5: I think he's capable of it, but I think they need somebody else to come in here and sort of run roughshot over this team, especially on defense, especially a couple players that I think needed.
Speaker 9: And they need it, and and that's a good thing because that means that they have the potential to elevate themselves. All they need is a push.
Speaker 5: You think that you know, and one of the things they're going to have to decide, and this may not go over well, you've got to pick up Micah's fifty year option and the fifth year option value. I mean from a financial standpoint is by position. Now, which position do you think Michael wants?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 5: We go identified with.
Speaker 9: The just for next year, even not just for his contract situation. I'd like it to be defined as far as his role on the defense, the position is.
Speaker 5: He gonna play, and you know what he wants?
Speaker 2: What does he want?
Speaker 5: Well, he probably wants defensive ends because they get paid more than the line bay okay, okay, But I like if you look at the depth chart and how they list them in everything here, it says LB on it.
Speaker 6: I like Zimmer based on things that he has done with the Vikings and he is familiar here with the Cowboys. He was an assistant coach from nineteen ninety four to two thousand and six and then his time with the Vikings made it to three postseasons overall seventy two wins fifty six losses in his time with the Vikings, So I think he would be a very good fit, considering he has been familiar with the Cowboys before. He understands the brand and he understands what is at stake.
Speaker 7: For this team.
Speaker 9: That sounds good to me, it really does. But what my cautionary tale would be, You've got young, so many young guys now in the league, and is a guy like Zimmer outdated?
Speaker 2: Is a guy like Rivera, you know, is he outdated?
Speaker 9: Because we needed this year, we needed some more youthful ideas defensively on how we should run this team and how we could be more successful. I mean, if if the young guys can, you know, feel they can give the respect to Zimmer that he deserves Albavera that he deserves, and that's great, But you know, whatever it takes to make these guys understand the sense of urgency at times, you do need someone that's a firm, that's firm. But is there an age group age gap that we're dealing with here?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, you.
Speaker 9: Know, I know some I know, you've got some great defensive coordinators that are of age.
Speaker 2: They're they're up there. Specnoa is one of them, right right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So he cousin, he.
Speaker 2: Does well with KC.
Speaker 9: He's improved that defense under Patrick Mahomes. So do you need to go to the guy of age or maybe someone who's younger and maybe has some more fresh ideas.
Speaker 5: But if you're going younger, you're going with someone that's never done the job before.
Speaker 9: But they, I you know, could be still innovative. You're right, Yeah, I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying. But you know, might need a little bit better innovation around here as opposed to the same. And I'm not saying that's what these guys will do, but the scenario, you know, the worst case scenario is.
Speaker 2: They come in with outdated ideas. That's the worst case scenario.
Speaker 7: You need something new, fresh.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe maybe, well maybe.
Speaker 5: He was pretty good in Cincinnati. He is the defensive coordinator, and I would imagine he was running that Minnesota defense even though he was the head.
Speaker 3: Coach and they were three years into it. They're the number one defense in the league in Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Right, So who do you want? Uh?
Speaker 4: Zimmer is a guy that that I like.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like Rivera too. I hate to straddle the fence on it. Yeah, but I'll take Belichick.
Speaker 2: I did that was coming.
Speaker 9: Time to go, I know, but you know he's not coming here. He's not gonna he's not gonna come here to deal with Jerry Jones.
Speaker 5: Man, why not something we talking about?
Speaker 9: This is something we have not talked about here, and I guess because we're here. But man, you know these guys are it's coaches that don't want to come in here. Okay, simply because of the man that I'm not gonna say upstairs, because he's not he's not that damn strong, but he's closed.
Speaker 5: But you know he's only coming in as the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you say that for some reason, and you hear it. You've heard it from some of the guys on TV. They're like, man, the main problem goes far beyond the field. And so that's why coaches are having problems coming in here. You know what I'm talking about. So you guys looking at me like I'm crazy. Savannah's not, but you too are. Don't give me that evil eye. Okay, I'm just saying this does that's the narrative that's out there. And so when you bring in someone you know, you don't just have to deal with the head coach. You have to deal with that guy as well.
Speaker 5: But he's the coordinator.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 9: But I'm telling you why coaches don't want to come in. And I know you've heard the narrative.
Speaker 7: It's a team effort. So you know, there's a lot that.
Speaker 9: You can talk team all you want, Only one man makes decisions around here. You can talk team all you want. Only one man makes a decision around here. And that's that according to these experts out there, not not me, because they don't.
Speaker 2: Not me in case you're listening.
Speaker 5: They don't know, they don't know.
Speaker 9: No, these are guys that have come from this organization that speak the.
Speaker 5: Same the language that perception they do.
Speaker 9: The perception was there when they were there was reality.
Speaker 5: They have not been here in ten years.
Speaker 4: Okay, do we already take our breaks? Yes, we already took our breaks.
Speaker 2: Don't have a time, we're just giving up.
Speaker 4: We need to talk. We talked about the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I'll give you four more minutes, four minutes.
Speaker 3: Why we got let's talk about the Super Did you know Steve Spagnola was a Rhodes scholar.
Speaker 5: I heard we have very smart people in our family.
Speaker 4: All right, So what do y'all think about the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Well, the teams landed in Vegas last night, so they're gearing up.
Speaker 2: Beautiful little accommodations. Though have you seen it. They're not staying on the strip, that's staying like some with no.
Speaker 5: No, the teams are thirty thirty minute drive away.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Now the media centers at the luxoer So what Yeah, that's that's not a good hotel.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: That's why the media is.
Speaker 5: That's why the media is.
Speaker 2: Can't believe they put you guys there. That's why they put the families, you know, that's where they put the families.
Speaker 6: I did the NFL Draft in Vegas a few years ago. I was out there for it, and I thought it was incredible, and so I can't even imagine just how crazy it's going to be this weekend.
Speaker 7: It's already I mean, this is just a next level event, first ever super Bowl in Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be no. Vegas is moving on up. Vegas is moving on up.
Speaker 9: That's going to be our biggest competition if you're talking Dallas versus Vegas. And I mean this for was, uh, you know, being attractive events attracting events to us.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, Vegas is on the come up.
Speaker 2: Vegas is on the come up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well how often is Vegas going to get a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: They do it, right, they'll be like in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Next year it'll be again.
Speaker 4: When when's Jerry gonna get back in the Hut?
Speaker 5: I don't think it can be before in two thousand and twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Maybe because they're already given out for the next three years. Yeah, or three or four years.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe get this get past this world That's what I was asking the past in the world the World Cup. You got nine super Bowls that you're hosting that summer, then that'll make ten total, concluding the one that they had, so that he'll go for his eleventh Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: And then and they can prove that they can play the Super Bowl on grass, because they're going to play all nine of these games on grass.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, what do you want to pick the click? Right? I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, at the beginning of the season, I picked San Francisco to win it all. So do you think I ought to stick with San Francisco or go with the guy?
Speaker 2: I think I think you should. I disagree with you, but I think you should.
Speaker 3: I think the city's gonna win, but I'm gonna stick with San Francisco as my pick.
Speaker 2: Myself, I think is.
Speaker 3: Going to win.
Speaker 2: I think Casey's gonna win.
Speaker 4: I think because of the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be a high schooling game.
Speaker 5: They're going to win because of the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a high schooing game.
Speaker 7: I got the Niners, you do, I'm going Niners.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're together to show you something.
Speaker 2: Party showed you something.
Speaker 7: I think he might he might just show up showing up.
Speaker 2: Everyone said he couldn't win from behind these last two.
Speaker 6: Games exactly, so this might be his time exactly.
Speaker 5: But he didn't play as well coming from behind them. But except for that last week.
Speaker 9: When you when you look at just the finality of the game, did he pull it out and make the.
Speaker 2: Plays when he's supposed to? Yes, but I'm still not going.
Speaker 4: For So which which team? Which team is better?
Speaker 3: Take take the quarterback out of the equation, and which team is better?
Speaker 5: I'm more talented?
Speaker 4: I think case which team is better?
Speaker 9: I think cases deep, the d the best, the surgeons of their defense coming up.
Speaker 2: I think their defense is is very good.
Speaker 4: Very Why is their defense good?
Speaker 2: It seems like the secondary start is showing.
Speaker 3: You know what, I heard an interview with Spagnolo. That's just what I've discovered that he was a Rhodes scholar. He didn't say that, but someone else said it about him, and uh, but he was talking about how smartest players are. He loves his group because you there's so many things that they can do defensively, because every every group, we've got smart layers who can who understand that. Justin Reid's a Stanford guy and.
Speaker 9: Saw how that that's why that secondary has elevated because of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 5: Remember he's been there before with the Giants defensive cord.
Speaker 3: I think that was a big thing with Quinn's Seattle defense back ten years ago. They had smart guys back.
Speaker 2: In the secondary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you gotta have guys in the back that know what they're doing is yeah, they make the final decision back here. You got great linebackers, Lineman, I get it, but these guys back here, they're the ones that stop the touchdowns, especially if you know, like.
Speaker 4: A true Pro Bowl, I like I like San France.
Speaker 6: Other offensive players Christian McCaffrey, Deebo, Samuel brandan Auk, George Kettle. I mean, it's it's tough looking at those guys, and I don't know, I think that they can hold up.
Speaker 4: Against I love this.
Speaker 5: Travis Kelsey's on a roll.
Speaker 14: So after last no, after last night.
Speaker 2: Was he there? No? No, okay, maybe guys they.
Speaker 5: Were landing in Vegas. I think they said it like six o'clock or so.
Speaker 4: You couldn't get on it.
Speaker 3: He was at the airport, just gone gone right over right.
Speaker 4: All right, you're out of time making zero because okay.
Speaker 5: So we got to Kansas City's and to.
Speaker 4: San Francis, San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll be breaking it down next Monday at eleven am here on mix Shots O Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club