Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, I know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're going to find some people who were gained from individual tariffs. The overall effect could be massive.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree, it's going to have a massive effect, positive effect.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a positive, not a negative.
Speaker 4: But let me just no, no, let me tell you committed you unto this, and it must be hard for you to spend twenty five years talking about tariffs has been negative and then have somebody explained to you that you're totally wrong.
Speaker 5: So that's Trump doing the interview with the Bloomberg people yesterday explaining why they're wrong about what has been the traditional conservative angle on tariffs and how it's going to be good for the American conomy and the people. And one of your billionaires came out for it yesterday and said, Trump's right about this. He's a outlier and outlier, but there you are on that. And I don't think there's hardly a person in America voting on this issue.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 1: Completely, and the most of the commentators on this topic have vast amounts of money at stake, and so they make arguments that sound like their good faith arguments all about the health and well being of the American people, but it's difficult to trust their motives.
Speaker 2: Wow sides.
Speaker 5: One more Donald Trump with Bloomberg yesterday. So Trump did his Bloomberg interview yesterday, which was, you know, pushed him on several issues. And then Kamala Harris is doing her Fox Brett Baerry interview, which we got more on in a little bit right up to this. But here's some more Trump yesterday. I asked he always gets asked about January sixth.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're going to bring the companies back.
Speaker 6: We're going to lower taxes still further for companies that are going to make their product in the USA. We're going to protect those companies with strong tariffs. Because I'm a believer in tariff's I'm not sure that you are. I don't think you are, but I congratulate you in your career. But to me, the most beautiful word in the dictionary is tariff, and it's my favorite word. It needs public relations firm.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can stop this, that's the wrong clip.
Speaker 5: So do we know which one is fifty three where he's asked about this, because I thought it was actually pretty good about the whole will there be a peaceful transfer firm.
Speaker 2: Before we jump into that.
Speaker 1: I actually wanted to comment on that last clip because Trump is able to defend his policies, and for all of his bluster and arrogance and name calling in the rest of it, that was very gentlemanly, very capable. You know, we disagree, blah blah blah. How was adults talking. I never get that feeling from Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Trump could have said, I come from an upper class family. Here's Trump being asked about will there be a peaceful transfer of power?
Speaker 3: Will you commit now to respecting and encouraging a peaceful transfer of power?
Speaker 6: Well, you had a peaceful transfer of power.
Speaker 2: You had a peaceful transfer power. You had a peaceful you always had. You had a.
Speaker 3: Peaceful transfer of power compared with Venezuela. But it was by far the most the worst transfer of power for a long time.
Speaker 6: The primary scene in Washington was hundreds of thousands, the largest group of people I've ever spoken before, and I've spoken before, and it was love and peace and some people went to the Capitol and a lot of strange things happened there, a lot of strange things with people being waved into the Capitol by police, with people screaming, going with it. That never got into trouble. You know, I don't want to mention names, but you know who they are, a lot of strange things happened, but you had a peaceful, very peaceful I left. I left the morning that I was supposed to leave. I went to Florida, and you had a very okay.
Speaker 5: So that doesn't include what I was thinking was. He goes on about how the Democrats have not agreed with the last several elections that Republicans won and challenged them and many of them didn't vote for it. Now, that's nowhere near storming the Capitol and beating cops with six obviously, but that never gets pointed out that the Democrats haven't accepted the last close elections the Republicans won either. Yeah, and I just I think that's a point that ought to be made to the point of shackling the first several years of the Trump presidency with the Russia collusion hoax and all of the hearings and investigations and constant headlines.
Speaker 1: You know that there's been so much dishonest reporting. And it's worth noting that Trump needs to finish his freaking sentences.
Speaker 2: That's half the controversies.
Speaker 1: Start because you won't finish his sentence, and so the lefty media can run wild with the interpreting what he says. But I was I gonna say, oh, the you know, when he was talking about the enemies of the people and using the military and the National Guard as usually, it was just a bunch of half thoughts strung together, and I know what he was trying to say, but he would do himself so many favors just finishing sentences.
Speaker 2: Used all the words. It was a peaceful it was there was peace. It was piece.
Speaker 1: We had a peaceful Oh you know what, I got one more gripe about the media, the Wall Street Joy one.
Speaker 2: I have many.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no kidding, But right now this article gender gap is defining feature of deadlocked race. Okay, you know the women are swinging toward Harris by a number of points and the men toward Trump.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people already.
Speaker 1: Know that, but in this Wall Street Journal article, I want to quote this exactly as they're explaining why Trump can be a turnoff for women. It's because Trump says nasty things like promising, Oh here it is Trump, who was long prized tough guy talk, has projected a masculine persona speaking about fighting enemies and suggesting that a bloodbath.
Speaker 2: Would ensue if he loses the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, enshrining that that utterly dishonest myth.
Speaker 2: That is freaking incredible. God dang it.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure we'll play the clip later. Kamala going on about misinformation and disinformation. I agree with you, we need to make a national law. Let's just call it one thing or the same thing. Yeah, but talking about misinformation and how that's her biggest struggle in Charlemagne and the God, that is the biggest problem with all fighting the misinformation from the other side. When you got NonStop Trump promised a bloodbath, which is a one four pinocchio lie.
Speaker 1: Right, God dang it. That makes me mensering to the lefty Washington Post for goodness sake.
Speaker 7: And if Trump is such a hitler, dictator, evil, authoritarian or whatever, beat him on that issue. But don't make up quotes, right, got that's so frustrating, Yeah, Anyway, back to Trump and as we transition to Kamala's today interview with Brett bhar Trump tweeted out lion Kamala Harris has wisely chosen Brett Baar of Fox News to do a much needed interview because he is considered to be fair and balanced, though often very soft to those on the cocktail circuit left.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 5: Preferred seeing a more hard hitting journalist, but Fox has grown so weak and soft on the Democrats, constantly polluting the airwaves with one of both Kamala representatives, that it all doesn't matter anymore. Hopefully the people will understand on November fifth and early voting make America great again. I don't think attacking Brett Bear and Fox is your best move, mister former mister prosman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, more on that, you know, moment slip at the top, All right, sorry, Brett. Quick word from our friends at Prize Picks. Prize Picks is the best place to get real money sports action. Over ten million members, billions of dollars in awarded winnings, Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible to all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's pretty cool and it's super duper easy. It's the only real money daily fantasy platform with an injury insurance policy. Also, so your lineup stay in play even if one of your players gets injured, which is a complaint.
Speaker 2: I hear a lot with.
Speaker 5: People are doing Fantasy football or whatever. Price Picks puts his members first. Withdrawals are fast, safe and secure if your pick's hit. You can get your money in as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And say you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. Run your game all season long on Prize Picks. Just get the Prize Picks app. Download it today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. You don't have to win, They just give you that fifty dollars bonus after you play five dollars. Once again, it's the Prize Picks app. Use that code Armstrong. Prize Picks. Run your game.
Speaker 5: Why would Trump attack Fox and Brett Baer, I mean why, I don't even if he believes that, I mean, how do you think that helps you?
Speaker 2: I don't know he's a true believer. I guess he's going.
Speaker 1: Against the world, you gotta have somebody on your side. Yeah, to Brett's credit, and I think maybe to Trump's cleverness. Trump knows Brett won't let that pervert what he does. He knows Brett won't suddenly go harder on Trump. So it's a harmless You fire up the real maga folks who think Fox News is to liberal or soft or whatever, and Fox will still you know, Hannit, He'll still.
Speaker 2: Have you on every single time you want to open your mouth, for instance.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Joe in Massachusetts rights Today's interview a Kamala by Brett will be a career ender for one of them. I realize Brett has a bigger challenge is Kamala is so pathetic it will appears though he's punching the handicapped if he goes too hard what which would be regular good old journalism. If Brett holds back too much, your Trump crowd is going to turn on him viciously, as we just heard preemptively. They already don't like some of the off Fox coverage. One of them is done after today. Interesting take Joe, and then this from Charlie some time ago. Brett Barry interviewed FBI Director Chris Ray. Pretty long interview, one whole segment. As I remember, I quickly realized Ray was spewing bs upon horsecrap.
Speaker 2: While it's sort of the mixed grill there, the combo plate.
Speaker 1: And not a little different than the surf and turf, but it's a similar idea, Right.
Speaker 2: Can I get to one beef and one chicken taco? Thanks? Great? Uh so where was I bs horsecraft there?
Speaker 1: It is not one blessed follow up by good old hard hitting Brett. The next night, he had on a semi important Republican off soldier or some fame, and almost every response brought a comeback comment from our intrepid, hard hitting Fox reporter.
Speaker 2: I've never trusted him since it was so black and white.
Speaker 5: Interesting, although, uh, Christopher Ray's ability to handle questions is in a completely different league than comes. Yeah, I'll be interesting to see how it goes. Uh six eastern three o'clock West coast time. He's going to record it right before and er it today. I think this is huge. This is not a minor thing. This is one of the biggest things. This is up there with the debate in terms of big things that have happened in the last several months.
Speaker 1: Brett's got to say, first of all, thank you for being here. Ms Vice President. I just want you to know in advance, every time you say let me be clear, the audience.
Speaker 2: Is going to think I am an idiot.
Speaker 5: Brett Baar should say I've got a bottle of gold schlagger here. And every time you say let me be clear, I'm gonna take a shot now. I'd like to be able to drive home. I'm gonna end up shirtless. And one of the many things that other interviewers haven't asked is the when did you recognize that the president was slipping? I mean, the the country had picked up on it, as close to eighty percent of voters believed he wasn't capable of being president again, when did you notice? Let her answer that question, yeah, or he never? He never displayed any of the things we all saw on the debate. I mean, he stepped down from the race. If that was a one off, I would think he'd still be.
Speaker 2: In the race. I mean, how is she going to answer that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's gonna just sit there and claim I bet she is, but it won't work for her. Is she gonna sit there and claim no behind closed doors. He was always sharp every single time I got a bad night and just dodge from there. I'm not that incusent. Why didn't you encourage him to stay in the office and run? Yeah, I would love to hear that.
Speaker 1: I just Joe Biden being senile isn't anywhere on the scope of the most important issues either. It takes a great question her covering up a scandalot to be though. Yeah, yeah, you know, asked the question and let her non answer hang out there.
Speaker 5: Probably, But that's as good as you're gonna get. So what do you want to go after? What's your main point?
Speaker 1: Just you know, immigration in the economy, because she can't give non answers on those. If if I'm struggling to pay my grocery bills, I can't I've got to decide between utilities and groceries. And she gives some sort of non BS answer or non answer BS I, as a voter, am am pissed and unsatisfied.
Speaker 5: Well, Charlolemagne the God ask her about you know some people are complaining about you give the same answer every time to every question.
Speaker 2: Really would she say, we'll have to play that we'll have a right stay with us. What do you know. I was helping my son with his homework last night. Reconstruction Era. Ah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fascinating period and troubling, it really is, And I feel like under studied appreciated.
Speaker 1: I would agree, and I've long thought the assassination of Lincoln is underappreciated. It was more than just a guy who didn't have it come and getting shot in the head by an angry Southerner. Lincoln had a vision for reconstruction of the country that was merciful, unifying, and Wyse and the guys who followed him did not, and it went miserably in a lot of ways.
Speaker 5: Have you watched that mini series with from Stanton's point of view about the Chasin Booth after the assassination?
Speaker 2: You know, we watched several God High Love episodes. I don't think we finished it.
Speaker 5: I haven't finished it either with the kids, but I thought it was as good as anything I've ever seen in terms of portraying what it probably looked like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll have to relook at that. Too much good entertainment needs to be cut down. Yeah, I think it's interesting.
Speaker 5: I was talking to my son about this because of the way it was portraying Grant in this reading from where wherever this school material came from, whatever school book it came from, printed by whoever, written by whoever, Because I grew up with school books that portrayed Grant as a corrupt drunk and Lee is a genius, and so that was just in my head my whole life until I found out we all found out that those books were written by Southern companies that hated the fact that the North won and tried to destroy Grant's reputation in line Lee's, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Isn't that interesting that that was actually when I was thought, it's not like.
Speaker 2: Them one hundred and fifty years old either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And now it's more uh, well, it's more accurate that Grant was way too gullible and and had friends who betrayed him, but he himself wasn't corrupt and his drink act.
Speaker 2: He was one of the most honorable men ever to hold the office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and his drinking had nothing to do with his generalship or presidency. Right, And Lee was, you know, fighting for the up poll the South.
Speaker 1: This is such an interesting topic for several reasons, including my dad spent the bulk of his career in the educational publishing industry. And we haven't really talked much about this, but I know that certain states, including California at this point, drive what's in educational textbooks because your hardest core activisty states in the case of this, the example, the South cared a lot about that, and most northern schools they don't care about defending Grant's reputation. So the textbook manufactures so they didn't have to have different editions for every region of the country. Just go with whoever's the most pissed off, and that's what makes it into the textbooks.
Speaker 2: I was in.
Speaker 5: Wisconsin at the time and actually lived ten miles from where Grant was born, and he's a big deal around there, and still was reading all this stuff from southern school books about what an awful duty was.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: So it just shows you the power of what they teach, what they decided to teach kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, why are the kids so crazy because that's what they've been taught, They've been indoctrinated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under our watch.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting and it's interesting to see the version that my son is getting, which at least in this case is more accurate. There's plenty of other things are teaching in schools that are nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of which, we've got a really encouraging gender bending madness update coming up in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: It's definite sign of progress.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's still utterly crazy and getting worse, but people are waking up.
Speaker 5: So we got twenty days still the election and Benjamin Nettnyah who has stated that the attack on Iran will come before the election. So one of these days there's going to be the biggest attack Iran Israel's ever launched, maybe on anybody. Uh, And that could be quite the October surprise, depending on how it goes.
Speaker 1: And with Israel you never know. Planes and bombs, cyber exploding pagers, right, who knows right? And both candidates will have to react to it. We'll see how that goes. It's gonna be quite the deal though. Explosive charges and all the beards of the Mullus you just don't know, exploding beards all across them at.
Speaker 2: Least Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Hey, executive producer hands and I haven't looked at the list. Do we have Kamala Harris's answer on reparations that one seems to.
Speaker 2: Be getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 5: Oh so if we don't have it, maybe you can find that from our interview with Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 2: I find that blasphemous.
Speaker 1: You should go with Charlemagne the chill dude, or Charlemagne the fine broadcaster higher power.
Speaker 2: That'd be funny.
Speaker 1: It is gratifying and slightly surprising to me that the trans madness issue is playing a much bigger role in the election than I expected. I certainly hoped it would, but especially on the state level congressional campaigns and and the Senate and stuff like that, which we'll get to in a moment or two. More and more people are recognizing the madness of it, and the poll numbers are heading all in one direction back towards sanity, thank goodness. One of the drivers, I think is that you can cow people into going along to get along on issues if they're kind of vague and fuzzy on it. I mean, you hear there's some men are born with a woman's body, but then they can change it, and you think, really, all right, whatever, But then when you see, for instance, a dude dominating women's sports and hurting the girls. Suddenly that vague, morphous, cloudy issue gets crystallized, and that is why so many people are changing their minds, all rolling up to the story that we if.
Speaker 2: That's the wrong story. Hello, where's the right story? O to me? To me? There it is.
Speaker 1: The fifth University has declared that they will not play San Jose State University's women's volleyball.
Speaker 2: They're just afraid of us. We're nine to zero the Spartans. You have a dude on the team? Is the thing.
Speaker 1: The Nevada women's volleyball team decided to forfeit an upcoming match. There's more to say about that, but first, this is one of the players who has joined more than a dozen other women athletes ensuing the federal government over Title nine violations.
Speaker 8: I fully support every school that is deciding to find the courage take the stand to not play against us. It's so many people above you as a young woman, telling you just do what you're told in sports. Put your head down, work hard, that's it. Don't complain. And so I think it's just amazing to see that there's these young women that are finally deciding to use their voice and take a stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is great, even though they have been bullied in into silence being told you women shut up. The man is a woman now and he wants to play, which is incredibly abusive toward women.
Speaker 2: But here's the interesting part.
Speaker 1: The school's athletic department had announced that the wolf Pack of Nevada would play the game. Quote, the University of Nevada volleyball team remains focused on its upcoming matches with you and LV in San Diego State and tends to play its remaining Mountain West schedule, including the match with San Jose State University on October twenty sixth. The statement read, the university will continue to abide by the NCAA Mountain West Conference in USA Volleyball rules and regulations, as well as the laws and constitution of the State of Nevada.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the players saw that and said they didn't even ask us, Oh my god, and they held a vote and the vote was overwhelming. No way, they were not playing.
Speaker 5: Freaking university administrators, and they're either delusional beliefs or their cowardice. Yeah, to not be willing to either stand up against this or some of these schools that have forfeited it haven't said out loud why, which bothers me. Also, they forfeit and their kind of mealy mouthed about why they forfeited instead of just stating they got a dude on their team. Yeah yeah, And please don't use the term biological mail as if there's another kind of male.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, biology anyway, postal mail. All right.
Speaker 1: I salute these gals for what they've been doing. Obviously, this is the fifth women's college team to forfeit to San Jose. This is getting a lot of attention on the right side of the aisle. None in the mainstream meeting.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen a word about it.
Speaker 5: You think this is a Division one school and they were nine to oh oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: This player was dominating. This is a national champion in the making.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now five teams in a row have said we ain't playing.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what happens to their playoff chances or whatever. I don't know how that works. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: The San Jose State gets wins, right, that's right, you get do it fourteen and ugh wow. So this could turn into a really big story if they if they get to go into the playoffs and start marching through the bracket.
Speaker 2: That would be something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, network, maybe they're declared national champion without having ever played anybody.
Speaker 2: That would really make a point.
Speaker 1: And I believe you know that there are different levels of courage. It's a little easier for team number six to announce. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, And I salute whoever was first. Was it Utah State? I thought it was Boise but I could be wrong, Oh yeah, it could be anyway, you know, it's worth saluting the women of Southern Utah University, Boise State, the University of Wyoming, and Utah State University for sticking their necks out like that.
Speaker 2: Good for you, gals.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not really sticking your neck out in reality, you're not. No, it seems like you are, but you're not really like ninety perplete capture of the universities in the media, right right, But like.
Speaker 1: Ninety percent of the country agrees with you, a huge a huge number, which we're gonna get to in a second anyway. But I am so I've lost the capacity to be surprised by this. But I am so angered that the media is so captured again by this radical philosophy. They're so flummoxed. They won't even report this story. They won't even do a Republican's pounced version of it, where they make it seem as all these young women are some sort of radical right wing maga lunatics, a bunch of college girls, whereas the Evening News would probably be perfectly happy with announcing San Jose State women's volleyball won a national championship today. It was the first time a team had ever won with the transgender woman like. It was an accomplishment of something right, a wonderful history making first. Yeah, as opposed to reporting this, which is pretty interesting. Five forfits in a row, Yeah, and more to come, I would guess. I don't know how long a season they play, but hey, who's the next team up? I hope you're voting right now to stand up for women and women's sports. I love this from Rich Lowry in the National Review. I think the headline is, did GOP makes Democrats pay for the price for trans insanity? The chickens have come home to roost, and they are apparently all cis gender. There used to be a time when Republicans shied away from talking about trans issues. They didn't want to appear extreme or intolerant. Why bother waiting into a frack cultural issue, and there are so many other things to talk about. Deferring to medical professionals or the experts seem the easy way out. Correct Now, the Republicans have emphatically found their voices and he mentions a bunch of different races and candidates and that sort of thing. For the longest time, Democrats have gone along with the steadily evolving trans orthodoxy as established by the cultural left, existing in a bubble. They assume that doubters could be isolated or embarrassed into going along and didn't realize just how wildly out of touch they'd become.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to say people should be tolerant of the choices of consenting adults. It's another thing to say that miners must have access to life altering so called gender affirming treatments.
Speaker 2: Again, that.
Speaker 1: You can dupe people into believing and doing things that are stupid is I mean, it's obvious. Look at humankind. The fact that you could convince people that confused adolescents who are being influenced by activists should be able to make life changing permanent decisions is insane. It ignores the entire history of what children are.
Speaker 5: Somehow I ended up on a Reddit thread. I guess I was on a Twitter thing and I came across a post and it linked anyway. It was a Reddit thread of people who have been getting their surgeries. It looked to be all adults, not anybody under age, but there was one very young looking person in a hospital bed with their in all caps. I got my vagina today, and there was just lots of good for you girl, and all that sort of stuff. I thought, Wow, I hope it continues to make you happy, and it's not like two years from now you're suicidal and depressed and realize you shouldn't have done.
Speaker 2: That right, exactly like happens so often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a person with serious mental illness problems, and I wish them well. Final line from Rich Lowry. It's one thing to say everyone should live and let live. It's another to say that males must participate in female sports, no matter how manifestly unfair it is to the girls and women.
Speaker 2: So as we were saying that, they're waking up to it. For what it's worth.
Speaker 1: The Washington Post poll last year found that fifty seven percent of people say that gender is determined at birth. It's only fifty seven and don't use the word gender, it's sex anyway. Roughly two thirds of people said males should not compete in girls in women's sports, sixty eight percent opposed giving children ages ten to fourteen access to puberty blocking medication, and oppose teenagers of any age having access to hormonal treatments. I'm always frustrated, having been doing this for a while, when they give one number and not the other, because if you say fifty seven percent say sex is determined in Perth, that kind of implies that forty three percent think it's never sure, when indeed that number might be sixteen percent, and you got twenty seven percent who say don't know.
Speaker 5: I like I said yesterday, I believe it's more like ninety percent of people think dudes shouldn't participate in women's sports. Yeah, and that if you got a whole bunch of those people in a room that currently say it's okay, and they looked around and realized a whole bunch of people actually agree with them that it's not okay, they would switch their opinion immediately, and.
Speaker 1: Then you get your hardcore who still won't give it up, and I'll show them videos for ten minutes and I'll get half of the rest of them. And those that are left over after that are just crazy people. They can't be reasoned with.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to go along with.
Speaker 5: Like, if you you know you want to switch switches and get the operation as an adult, go ahead, fine, And I hope you're happy.
Speaker 2: Do what you want to do.
Speaker 5: But the whole dudes in women's sports thing is a hard No.
Speaker 2: I mean that is just so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the keystone, the cornerstone of returning to sanity.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: People see that, and it's just so clear to them. Oh, it's also worth mentioning. There's been a couple of high profile The number one Trump ad in the Swing States right now is the one where Kamala's advocating for taxpayer funded transgender surgery, sex changes for inmates and the example of that rapist murderer the position to take Yeah, yeah, And there are several cases going on right now that a're getting surmounted. Can you imagine taxpayers footing the bill sit well into six figures for some crazy, murderous rapey inmate who decides they want to be the other sex because they're so freaking crazy, and she's a forceful advocate for that.
Speaker 9: You know, we have aspirations, we have dreams.
Speaker 2: You know that. I'll grant you that.
Speaker 5: Well, in some cases it's because you're a dude, and you know, you get to go to the women's prison if.
Speaker 2: You if you go this route right right.
Speaker 1: And the tagline on the ad is Kamala Harris is for they them, She's not for you.
Speaker 2: Well that's pretty good. That is pretty good. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: So how did Kamala ask answer the question about reparations from Charlemagne the Higher Power yesterday? Among other things on the way stay with us. So the election is insanely close. But like when you said the other day, it's going to be decided by eleven people spread across seven states. Yay, the margin is going to be eleven people across seven states.
Speaker 2: It actually could be.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not impossible as close as the polls are. And oh, I was just reading about the likelihood of weeks, if not months, of litigation in several states at the same time.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we read the same thing. The problem is mail in ballots that are so common. Now, don't get me started on ballot harvesting, but there are so many more things that can go wrong with a mail in ballot than walking up and saying I'm here to vote. I mean, like nothing can go wrong in that situation practically. But with a mail in ballots, you got the signatures and the dates and the verification of the postmark and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 5: So you could easily have Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona, which are needed to put one of them over the top. And they're all three locked in endless battles, legal battles over which ballots to count and all that sort of stuff that goes on for weeks, and we get closer closer to January twentieth without really knowing who won. I mean, the last time around, we had the legal battles going a long time, but most people had come to the conclusion Trump lost since they were winning none of their legal battles right and coming up with no evidence. But this will be an actual nobody knows who's going to be president for a long time. Maybe it'll make Bush v. Gore look like a bit nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely and the narratives will be so fiery and so entrenched on both sides. When it is quote unquote settled or decided, now it'll be completely unsettled. Yeah, and whichever side lost is not going to accept it, well, including the D's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Kamala Harris is feeling the pressure because she's trying to stop Hitler from becoming president. She was asked about this Charlemagne the God yesterday as she's trying to I guess win back blackmail.
Speaker 2: Voters through his radio show. But anyway, here's that there has to be a high level of anxiety too when you have these conversations though, because you are running for president.
Speaker 9: I mean you know what, there is certainly a lot of I feel the weight of the moment and my role. I feel an extraordinary weight of responsibility right now to do everything I can. I'm telling you, Charlamanne. When I go to bed at night, I I almost every night, in addition to my prayers, will ask have I done everything I could do today?
Speaker 2: So two things on that.
Speaker 5: One, the fact that she's laying her head down on the pillow feeling the weight of the world because she is the only one who stands between the United States continuing and not right and the pressure that is now. When Trump has said that sort of thing in the past, that he was the only one that could save democracy, it was mocked as some sort of ridiculous, megalomaniac, fascist king person view of the world. She has the same thing, the other one being one of the common critiques amongst democratic strategists on the left is why are you working harder?
Speaker 2: She's doing like two events a day.
Speaker 5: She doesn't apparently start until two in the afternoon most days. The history of campaigning at this point is you're up at five in the morning, you've got three events done before noon, and then you go to a different time zone and then you go to bed at midnight and get like four hours sleep the final weeks.
Speaker 2: And she's not doing that at all. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, maybe that's David Pluff and other people realize in the modern world that's not the way you need a campaign anymore.
Speaker 2: It's an anachronism.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but she is not working physically as hard near as much as candidates.
Speaker 2: Have in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I almost you know, drew a parallel between after the debate when everybody said of Joe Biden, GE's got to get out there and be Joe. He's got to do the events and prove that they're wrong. Well he couldn't because they weren't wrong. He was senile, So you CoML is an idiot. So they're trying to keep her hidden. But then but then she can read off a teleprompter. Fine, she's just pretty well, she's so.
Speaker 2: Good at that. That is a head scratcher. Nobody's exactly sure why why her schedule is so light? Too much good, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: Halprin says that every day on his morning podcast, like once again a light schedule for Kamala Harris. I don't know what their theory is. Wow, But anyway, there's that. And then this is short, but it's getting a fair amount of attention.
Speaker 2: My question to you is what's your stance on reparations?
Speaker 5: How progressive are you on making it a priority and right in America's wrongs?
Speaker 9: So my agenda, well, first of all, on the plane of reparations, it has to be studied, there's no question about that. And I've been very clear about that position.
Speaker 5: So it's being seen as a roarshock test of Oh yeah, you either thought that was a dodge, like I'm going to take a look at it, meaning you know, you'll never hear it's got to be studied.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can translate that for you or you're there.
Speaker 1: She's going to be four option, So it's got to be studied until the end of time, is the translation of that.
Speaker 2: That's what politicians say.
Speaker 5: Because it's undoable and I'm workable and unconstitutional and all kinds of different things. Right, if you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty