Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Authorities Imprey recently arrested a man who allegedly tried to smuggle hundreds of live spiders and insects out of the country by strapping them to his body. He might have gotten away with it except for the fact that he never stopped screaming.
Speaker 4: No, kidding, gut, I would Oh geez, we have some breaking news. This is actual breaking news, Michael, actual breaking news.
Speaker 2: Then I want your news breaks the Donkey brays. This is breaking news.
Speaker 4: I want you to hear it here before you hear it on the playground. First of all, this from the New York Times. A hacker and I'm using my finger quotes because it might have been a hacker technically, but were they directed or helped anyway? A hacker is said to have downloaded the file containing the testimony about Matt Gates from that House committee.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: The file is said to include the sworn testimony by the woman who said she had sex with Gates when she was seventeen, so that whole committee report that was supposed to come out Friday that didn't. Now a hacker has hacked in and gotten it, which might be true, and might be somebody said, hey, if you go to this website at two o'clock, I'll post it for you and you grab it, all right, and password.
Speaker 6: Is Congress, but with dollar signs instead of the.
Speaker 4: Essays right, and would be as likely a Republican as a Democrat because he has very few friends. And then this related to it, which is a heck of a bomb from your close friend Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we bonded. We met in an airport and we had a brief Maturia affair.
Speaker 4: Marn't everyone knows that Marthie Taylor Green just tweeted this out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: She and Gates in those that crowd play hardball for my Republican colleagues in the House and Senate. If we're going to release ethics reports and rip apart our own that Trump is appointed and then put it let then let's put it all out there for the American people to see. Yes, she says, dot dot dot all the ethics reports and claims, including the one I filed all your sexual harassment and assault claims that were secretly settled, paying off victims with taxpayer money, the entire Jeffrey Epstein files, tapes, recordings, witness interviews, and not just know those. There's more than Epstein. He wasn't the only one. If we're gonna dance, let's all dance in the sunlight. All make sure we do.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's bringing it.
Speaker 4: That is bringing it, Cause there are remember that report that came out of several years ago where we found out there was like three hundred people in Congress or something like that that had settled claims out there, taxpayer paid claims, and then that stuff all went away.
Speaker 2: And she's saying, well, let's release all that.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from all these people that you that you settled with over the years and what you were accused of doing, et cetera, et cetera. If we're gonna dance, let's dance on the sunlight. She says, Yeah, this is this is a.
Speaker 6: Beautiful example of when you can hold two you know, somewhat post thoughts in your head. I'm not a big fan of Matt Gates. I don't think he's a good guy. I don't think he would be a good Attorney General, even though the dog DJ really needs to shake up. On the other hand, in DC, and this is fairly well known, getting called on your sins is entirely a matter of who's mad at you, and once you want you out of your way, because there are plenty of sins going on that never get called out. Because you've got friends, you got us support structure, you're the in crowd. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know this, but I suspected heavily if there are like a hundred other guys who have done exactly the same thing in positions of power, they just it just didn't, you know, make the light a day for some reason, I could see why you'd be a little annoyed at the idea. Annoyed at the idea of, oh so Matt Gates doesn't get to be Attorney General because of this? How about you on this committee? Are you in that cabinet position?
Speaker 6: Yeah, as long as it doesn't get witch hunty, I could see, you know, let's just like my sweetheart says, let's just sign and shine the light on it and take a look at it. My hesitance in going along with their plan is that and we've seen this in our professional lives. A lot of lawsuits are bull crap. They're an effort to get a check. Yeah, I'm gonna accuse you of sexual harassment. Well we'll settle for twenty five grand. Okay, we're done here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's the hegzeth claim, right the guy that is up for Department of Defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that accusation went nowhere.
Speaker 4: Secretary of Defense that he did pay a woman for the case to go away.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean he did it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, settlements happen all the time when lawyers say, okay, you can settle this for ten k or defend it for one hundred k.
Speaker 2: It's ugly situation because yeah possible, it's.
Speaker 6: Forever know, and we need tort reform. But that's a different subject for a different day.
Speaker 4: How about that for Marjorie Taylor Green? Hmmm, I wonder if that would go.
Speaker 6: To dance Let's dance in the Sunlight, which sounds like a soft rock tune from the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 4: But well, you do have a lot of Democrats and Republicans saying we need, we need to release the committee report on Matt Gates. Okay, you want to, let's release all of these reports over the years from the very settlements. So let's just get them all out there. So were there two pieces of breaking news?
Speaker 6: Was that the two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: There are the download in the Marjorie? Yeah, yeah, okay, cool, okay. I didn't want to jump in, you know, ahead of schedule here. So at the end of the last hour, I was discussing the banana duct tape to the wall, which is modern art worth over a million dollars according to Sotheby's. What is it?
Speaker 2: What is it supposed to portray? What is it?
Speaker 6: Then? And by the way, it's literally, that's exactly what I'm going to get to. Literally, a banana duct tape to wall. It's not like an exquisite oil painting by one of the Italian masters of well they didn't have duct tape back in the day. But a banana duct tape to wall.
Speaker 4: No, it's literally that I'm going to assume it represents man's inhumanity demand That's what I always say about modern art.
Speaker 6: WHOA how many did you? You got a PhD? In art history? Is that right? Yeah? Because you're close. I will tell you this though, this is and I'm not automatically contemptuous of anybody who's a quote unquote experts or learned or whatever. But this is such a beautiful example of exactly what Thomas Sowell was talking about. There are some ideas so crazy, stupid, ill advised, whatever, that only an intellectual could hold them. And my theme for the first couple hours of the show, and if you didn't hear them, I beg of you, sour two. Cut the crap. Don't be bamboozled by these ridiculous things. Were being told. A man can become a woman if he just says he's a woman. No, he can't.
Speaker 4: Before you get to telling us what a banana duct taped to a wall means. Yes, if you walked into someone's home and they showed you that, and even if they didn't hit you at the number, they said, yeah, this is from the Italian artist so and so, And I tell you what, Rizio Catalan. I paid a pretty penny for this. I had to outbid several uh version, wouldn't your immediately immediate thought be you're an idiot?
Speaker 6: I would look for a long moment or two for signs that they were kidding, that it was a joke.
Speaker 2: And then if it wasn't a joke, I would think you're an idiot.
Speaker 6: Then I would think you're an idiot. All right, So here you go. It's a banana duct tape to Walter Ig the end.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 6: According to Sotheby's, it's worth between one and one point five million dollars, even though this guy has sold several editions of it. There's the duct tape, grafts banana off the tapes to the wall. There's another hundred and fifty k. Honey, this is the best idea I've ever had.
Speaker 4: But anyway, back to soul, so it's on. It's like the signed lithograph copy thingy. When he tapes another banana of the wall, I guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, a frudograph anyway. David Galprin, Sotheby's head of Contemporary Art, told the Associated Press that Katlan Mauricio Catlan created a provocative work of art, and I quote, what Katalan is really doing is turning a mirror to the contemporary art world and asking questions, provoking thought about how we ascribe value to artworks, what we define as an art work, and went on what you buy when you buy Katalan's comedian. I didn't mention that the banana duct tape to the wall. The title of it is Comedian.
Speaker 2: That seems like a wink to me.
Speaker 6: Eh, it's a little on the nose, honey old Schnazola. Anyway, when you buy Katlan's Comedian, what you buy when you buy Kartlan's Comedian is not the banana itself, but.
Speaker 4: It's a certificate that a million and a half dollars banana seems outrageous.
Speaker 6: They got him by the bunch down there, de Kroger. Anyway, let me get through this. Wh What you buy when you buy a Catalan's Comedian is not the banana itself, but a certificate of authenticity that grants the owner of the permission and authority to reproduce this banana and duct tape on their wall as an original artwork by Maurzio Katlan. Chloe Cooper Jones, an assistant professor at the Columbia University School of the Arts. Is there any more corrupt and verse institution in America than Columbia University? I wonder? She said. The piece quote stands at the intersection of the sort of humor and the deeply macabre. He's quite often looking at ways of provoking us, not just for the sake of provocation, but to ask us to look into some of the darkest parts of history and ourselves. What the what? Wow? It would be hard to come up with a better simpler symbol of global trade and all of this, all of its exploitations than the banana. No important, profound, meaningful artwork of the past one hundred or two hundred years, or our history for that matter, did not provoke some kind of discomfort when it was first unveiled. Wow. Cooper Jones noted that the banana itself is a symbol for colonialism and corporate power. Wow.
Speaker 2: That is something.
Speaker 4: Wow, It's I'm a big Andy Warhol fan, and one of the reasons I like Andy Warhol is I believe he knew exactly what he was doing. He was he went to his grape thinking you all are crazy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: You still don't know I'm messing with Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow exactly.
Speaker 6: So if I were to go down to the local grocery store, grab some duct tape out of the garage, and duct tape of banana to my wall, would that be some sort of copyright violation or good question? What if it was a spoiled banana to symbolize this spoiled colonialism that is rotted out at equatorial somebody or other.
Speaker 2: Or a green one.
Speaker 4: Underripe portrayal of the flattening of the world economy.
Speaker 6: It symbolizes the exploitation of brown youth in the Third World. Look at that. The bananas symbolizes the young people, because it's a young banana. Do you get it? Do you get it?
Speaker 4: You are an idiot. They should be in charge of nothing. No kidding, you should be respected for nothing. In charge of nothing. Listen to never.
Speaker 6: Right, go keet a brush and some soap and clean a toilet for a while. Okay, down here on Earth, we've got stuff going on all right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is hilarious. More all the ways there.
Speaker 4: So I was watching MSNBC this morning. I do that to see what they're talking about. I think everybody should.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And Bremer's got an interesting pinned tweet at the top of his Twitter. It says, if you're not following somebody you don't agree with, you're doing it wrong. And I feel the same way about Twitter, reading newspapers, watching TV channels. Watch watch the channels you don't like, because there's there's a lot to learn from that. Anyway, On MSNBC, they were discussing that Pew study that came out about how many young people get their news from social media, and Mike Barnacle, who's an old Boston Globe writer who's like eighty years old, I mean, like really from old school journalism, saying, I don't know if we can ever be relevant again in newspapers and television. And you know, one of the reasons it's gonna be hard to be relevant again is the crap that you put out. Stop putting out crap, and it'd be a lot easier to be relevant. So on that very channel we played yesterday, their morning host Joe Scorbarro and Mika Brazilinski, who are actually big deals in democratic politics even though you've never watched them, went and visited Trump over the weekend. They went and sat down with Trump and tried to have some sort of we need to understand the Trump voter or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're They bent.
Speaker 6: The knee, jack, they bent the knee.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's what happened, but anyway's kind of hilarious. They went down and met with Hitler. After all the awful things they had said about Trump leading up to the election.
Speaker 2: Here's a little montage of that.
Speaker 7: I could go back and talk about Nazi Germany, and I do it. I do it without any concerns whatsoever. And if people can't start drawing the parallels, well you're just stupid, or you have your head in the sand, or you're one of them. It's just staggering that people that I know, people that I grew up with, could still even consider voting for this autocrat.
Speaker 1: As important as Trump's fascism is and is the lead story every day, his closing up to dictators, his obsession with Hitler, but this is what voters know right now that he is killing us. I'm talking about us women.
Speaker 6: He's killing us.
Speaker 4: She's barely holding it together emotionally because of the damage it's going to be done to women.
Speaker 2: But then you go down there, you fly down there in your.
Speaker 4: Private plane, and you meet with him for whatever reason, because well, I think it's because you got no ratings and you're trying to figure out how to save.
Speaker 2: Your careers that whole.
Speaker 4: If you don't see the parallels with Nazi Germany, you're either stupid or you're.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's pretty over the top. Oh my god, we're heading down for lunch. We're gonna go talk to Hitler because you know, our ratings are low. Speaking of that, Glenn Greenwald put out yesterday lots of articles on how MSNBC's audience has completely collapsed disappeared once Kamala lost. But the full extent is shocking. They're primetime shows. And he's got the list here of all the shows on CNN and MSNBC, particularly on MSNBC, since that's what we're talking about. Their primetime shows can't even get seventy five thousand people watching in demo nationwide, and their weekend shows get less than thirty A weekend show on MSNBC in the country of three and forty million people gets less than thirty thousand viewers.
Speaker 6: There are fifty one hundred podcasts. Oh god, I have much more reach than that, including our Yeah, I mean, why does anybody talk about them at all? Now? I know Morning Jose moving leading up to the election was getting a million people.
Speaker 4: That's still not much compared to like your big podcasts and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's not enough to make you a household name.
Speaker 6: No, definitely not DC is a high school. It's a big high school, and they are the publishers of a high school newspaper.
Speaker 4: And if you're mister Beast or Jake Paul or neither YouTube sensations, you'd be like, why does anybody even know who they are?
Speaker 6: I mean with the relatives right yourself to sleep at night with their numbers, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 4: So a lot of that is just the older generation still in your mind thinking cable news is a big deal, these newspapers are a big deal, the evening news a big deal. They aren't, actually, And when we're all dead, which won't be that long, the next generation is not going to care about that stuff at all.
Speaker 6: They don't now right right, absolutely outrageous. I have some gender bending madness coming up. We could consider Tulsi Gabbard. Oh, the most entertainment, entertaining, interesting, revealing statistic I've heard yet about the election. All sorts of good.
Speaker 4: Stuff to come, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: President elect Donald Trump confirming once he takes office, he will declare a national emergency and use the military to help carry out his plans for mass deportations of undocumented immigrants. Tom Homan saying criminals will be the first to go. Homan says he's heading down tomar a Lago this week to put the quote final touches on a plan.
Speaker 4: So that's going to be one of the biggest stories of the very early part of the Trump administration. I just saw a Washington no The Hill. The Hill had the headline Trump promised to be a dictator on day one how Democrats can push back, so that seriously, I know, I know, you realize that sort of talk got Trump elected. But anyway, that is going to be the probably the first biggest thing. He says that that's going to be the priority on day one is to get the deportation thing started, so that'll be your first hullabaloo. Then he got the confirmation process for a bunch of different candidates.
Speaker 2: We all know that one.
Speaker 4: And then the whole tax thing hits, the Trump tax cuts and how they're going to be handled. So the first year is going to be jazzy man.
Speaker 6: Well, and we're gonna hear hot and cold running fake outrage for sure. I liked the clip we played earlier Scott Jennings saying, you know, during Obama's time, he was deporting people like crazy, Where was your outrage?
Speaker 4: Then your phonies, right, which is worth bringing up In a second. We'll get back to the deportations. Wanted to hear from Tom Holman, who is going to be Trump's immigration zar. Is that his official time ahead of the CBP? What is he going to be? Yeah, he's a guy yelling and talking about illegals. And this is particularly talking some about the deportation and the Lake and Riley trial that's going on. She was killed by an illegal. Here's him yesterday.
Speaker 5: And you should have been arrested by ICE in New York City, but there's a sanctuary city. He should never be in the country. Under President Trump, he wouldn't have been here. He would have been waiting in Mexico on the Remain in Mexico program. But here's what I want for all those mayors and governors who said they're going to push back in ICE to do this operation. I want you to listen to that tape of the young that young lady fighting for her life, fighting for her breath. She did not want to die and she fought hard. Listen to it. Just don't say, okay, another one died. No, I want you listen to the struggles because that happens across this country almost every day by an illegal alien. So I want those sanctuary city people out to say they're going to push back in ice. Listen to that and tell me. I just said President Trump wants to take public safety threats off the street. That's a priority as elected mayor of elected governor. Are you telling me that you don't want public safety threats out of your communities? That is your never want responsibility to protect your community. So smart enough and work with us.
Speaker 6: I love what he said the other day too, He said, all right, you're a city, you're a sanctuary city. You're not going to work with us. We're going to send enough ICE agents to get the job done. It's not going to impede us for a minute. You're going to make it order for us to do our jobs. We are going to flood your city with ICE agents.
Speaker 4: That lakeln Riley trial is going on, it's pretty damn gruesome. So I haven't followed it.
Speaker 6: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just awful. It's not surprising.
Speaker 4: I guess that practically all headlines about it when they covered it all don't mention the guy being illegal. Like in the first paragraph or anything. That's why you've heard her name. Lots of people get killed, unfortunately, across the country, and they don't become a national story. Do you know why this one's a national story? Because she was killed by an illegal That's the whole reason it's a story.
Speaker 6: And I heard I haven't independently verified this that the federal government shipped the guy, having not booted him out of the country, shipped the guy to Georgia because they're redistributing various illegal immigrants all over the land, and that's where he murdered poor miss Riley.
Speaker 4: So we were talking deportations some last hour and the idea that there are six hundred thousand convicted criminals currently in the United States. That's the government's own numbers. That's the number Martha Raddits used on ABC this week Sunday morning, six hundred thousand criminals, and that's who the Trump administration says they're going to start with in terms of deporting And I was saying, how can you how can you be against that? So our friend Tim Sander for Tim the lawyer, weighed in, texting me on my personal phone he is a don't want to put words in his mouth, but he leans way more toward the libertarian open border's view of the way the world should run, which would be easier if we didn't have a welfare state. But I won't get hung up on that. He texted this, If there are six hundred thousand illegals who are criminals and you want to deport them, you give them due process of law. Right, so at least to hearing. Let's say each hearing lasts only ten minutes, that's six million minutes.
Speaker 2: That's eleven years.
Speaker 4: Unless Trump succeeds at his next January sixth attempt to stay in office illegally, his term won't last that long. So no due process of law? What due process do you get as an illegal? Or do you have to have process to figure out if you're illegal? Well, I've got a philosophical problem with that. I also have a mathematical problem with that.
Speaker 6: If you have one hundred courts nationwide doing these hearings, you've cut that timetable by one to one one hundredth of that or maybe five hundred chords, right, sure? Yeah? Or set up a quote unquote court in every storefront in Mrillo. I don't know. And as far as a due process is concerned. I'm not an expert on immigration law. I would certainly say, yeah, it's got to go through that process, whatever that is.
Speaker 4: We on the other hand, you don't deserve due process if you're here illegally, do you. But so the due process comes in trying to figure out if you're illegal or not, so you don't snatch citizens or people who have the proper documentation and send them out.
Speaker 2: Is that the whole thing?
Speaker 6: Well, well, see that's the problem. We've gotten into a weird space. And if I was an actual legal expert on this, I'd be able to elation more informative screed that I'm about to. But we have reached a point where merely being in the country illegally is not deemed reason to deport, right, And this has been the problem with illegal imitate a looking class. And we've been talking about this for thirty years, and it's always the same thing. You allow so much illegal immigration that it gets into the fabric work of everything, and then you've got all this pushback about why, well, who's gonna pick the tomatoes? Well, we wouldn't have gotten so off track with the way our system of the labor works.
Speaker 4: If we hadnt allowed so many illegal immigrants. And then you know, well, we got to give them driver's licensees, because how they're supposed to get to work if they're already here working, So tell them they can't drives.
Speaker 2: Dumb. He just keep back dooring all these things.
Speaker 6: And they're getting free education and healthcare and the taxpayer funded not free. And by the way, they get scholarships to our universities, and now you're gonna boot them out. That's that's bizarre. Well, you know, given the reality of the Blue States yet is kind of bizarre honestly, but you see what I mean, It's just it's.
Speaker 4: So the argument is always you let them all in and then you come up with all the reasons that you can't do anything about it. Now, well, they had a kid here, so the kid's a citizens. What are you going to do but the kid out with the and make the parents gowords a kid going by himself, and a kid has to go to school, it's a law. And they don't speak English, so we got to have a teacher that speaks the several languages to make sure that it just gets more and more complicated all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at a certain point, and you know, corporations can certainly tell you this, those that have been you know, picked up by the scruff of their dysfunctional neck and shaken and reformed and become successful again by some new CEO or whatever. You have to return to first principles. And then when somebody says, yeah, but yeah, but yeah, but no, no, no, there's no compromising on your first principle. And then if you have to knot a bunch of things you've nodded up through your terrible policies through the years, Yeah, that's going to take some time and effort, but don't hit me with up yeah but yeah, but yeah. But when I say, if you're not here legally, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Go, well, if I was gonna argue it on the other side, I would say, good job on us. On the we want as many illegals as possible, which again we're all guessing as to why that is. Some of it is big labor needs the workers, so they're cool with it. And then Democrats wrongly assumed whether they get enough of people into this country from other countries, they'd all be Democrats for life.
Speaker 2: But that has turned out to absolutely not be true.
Speaker 4: So I'm surprised the Democratic Party hasn't turned somewhat on the immigration thing since a majority of Hispanic men voted for.
Speaker 2: Trump this time around.
Speaker 4: But anyway, on the side of wanting it to happen, yeah, it works pretty well once you get people here. It's just so damn difficult to boot them out without getting into the due process problem or the who's going to do the labor or separating families or all these other knots that you called them. That get no when you allow this in the first place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I would say also to folks expressing what Tim expressed, which is absolutely a valid point of view. I mean, clearly, there's got to be too pressed. You can't just run around grabbing anybody who looks somewhat brown and heaving them into Warez City. Okay, I get that. On the other hand, the idea that I don't know, we might go a little too far in not letting illegal immigrants stay, I mean, we're like a thousand miles from that.
Speaker 4: Well, right, But the question always to me is so then.
Speaker 2: What so I guess there's nothing you can do? I mean is that it guess.
Speaker 6: There's nothing to do.
Speaker 4: I guess we let in record number, week after week, month af from a year after year of a legal wife the law and there's just nothing you can do at this point because it violate this or that or be unfair here or there.
Speaker 2: And so I guess everybody just gets to say, is that the answer? Because that sounds like what the answer is?
Speaker 6: It's sure something like that. Yeah, yeah, on a completely different topic unless you have more on that. I don't. Well, And again, we've been at it for thirty years, and god will we'll be at it for thirty more. Actually, if I'm doing this in thirty years, god strike me down.
Speaker 2: Jeez, you'd be in your you'd be almost ninety.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, yeah, who'd want to hear that? I wouldn't want to hear that. Anyway, it's not going to happen. The fabulous Andy Know who tracks the far left violence of Antifa and folks like that. He's based out of Portland. He and some other Internet sleuths have come across this Secret Service agent who is a hardcore Antifa supporter, way lefty, pro lefty violence, absolute nut job. And the Secret Service hasn't figured this out or noticed it or whatever or what have you. But the the online sleuths have they've named the guy. They've got pictures of the guy. Yeah, all it takes is, you know, an hour or two's worth of effort, and they've found, what's the specifics of it. They found his various uh social media accounts even like music accounts and whatever, using the same screen name, with the same profile, a lot of the same verbiage with his name and his face, the same screen name. He posts under these to these Antifa groups talking about how he's been in law enforcement, but he hates it, and he hates all his colleagues, and he really wants to, you know, strike a blow for you know, your your radical leftists and all. Again. Internet sleuths could figure this out and the two shakes of a lamb's tail, but it was beyond the abilities of the Secret Service to rat to root this guy out. It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I've got three quick celebrity stories before we wrap up this segment. One, The Country Music Awards are tomorrow night. You know what's interesting about that, it's the most watched awards show in America. Now Oscar's, Grammy's whatever. Country Music Awards are the biggest one. Peyton Manning one of the hosts. He's very funny and very popular. Other celebrity story, Rod Stewart has just announced his one last time tour. He's going to do a farewell tour, and I'm sure those will be big tickets unless there's another one, unless he does it like four more times.
Speaker 6: But farewell tour is not a legally binding term. It's like organic apparently true means whatever you want it to mean.
Speaker 4: And then this one, here's my favorite celebrity story of the day. Full team coverage on the fact that Betty White is going to get a new Forever stamp. She will be on the Forever stamp, the Betty White stamp. There you go, super fantastic. Frank, do you think it's who haven't ever mailed anything in the last two years?
Speaker 6: Nobody cares but the Country Music Awards the CMAS that what you said is the fact that that's the biggest, most watched is interesting to me. On the other hand, and I know a lot of folks agree. If it was the Joe Getty Society gives Joe Getty Awards for being Joe Getty, I wouldn't watch that show.
Speaker 4: I like to performance as I'll probably watch I want to see Shabboozi singing a bar song. And what's his name? The big fat guy, Jolly Roll is going to do a bunch of stuff. There are a lot of big fat guys, Jack, which one do you mean? We've got more coming up. Text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 9: Pennsylvania Governor Jos Shapiro urging counties to respect the state Supreme Court's decision and stop counting disputed ballots, saying the following quote. Any insinuation that our laws can be ignored or do not matter is irresponsible and does damage to faith in our electoral process. The rule of all matter is in this Commonwealth, and as I have always said, it is critical for counties and officials in both parties to respect it with both their rhetoric and their actions.
Speaker 4: Pennsylvania gets a kick out of calling themselves a commonwealth for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: But what's going on there the recount of the Senate election, which was very, very close. There were a bunch of precincts where Democrats were in defiance of a judge's order counting undated or unsigned ballots, and the Supreme Court came and said, y'all got to stop, and you got to stop now. Now, you said you saw a headline that implied that it was going both ways. I haven't come across that. Well.
Speaker 4: I think Josh Shapiro said that yesterday because the governor had not made a statement about it, and then he made a statement yesterday the county's counting illegally both directions.
Speaker 2: Something or other. Maybe he just didn't recover. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I suspect rather strongly. It's like when Harvard comes out and says, yeah, we've had anti semitism, an anti Muslim sentiment. Two. Yeah, except it's been one hundred and one. You lie in liars. Anyway, we'll look into that and bring it to you. I've got a couple of stories here, briefly that have to do with putting people in groups. I think the way to bring people together is to divide them up into groups. So that's what we're going to do. First of all, skyrocketing property values are dividing Americans into three broad camps. Those that are now locked out of home ownership that'd be me, those that are effectively stuck in their current homes, and a lucky minority who have the flexibility to cash out at a historic Hi, although you got to live somewhere.
Speaker 4: Right, and rent is so high you almost have to move to make it work. You almost have to move someplace cheaper or really really downsize.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, Or if you've got a ton of equity so you bank that, then you pay whatever you want and rent, I guess. But anyway, a.
Speaker 2: Couple of his death sane. At least we're around here.
Speaker 6: I mean, the rent, it's too damn Thank you sir. It's a good point. All of it has changed. Who walks through real estate eight agents doors. The share of sales to first time buyers has dropped to a record low twenty four percent. They don't say what it has been historically, so that doesn't help me much anyway. And first time buyers do show up have aged almost a decade. Traditionally, Americans got a foothold on the property ladder during their late twenties. Today, the median age of first time buyers is thirty eight. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: By the time Americans can't afford a home now, they've missed out on ten years of wealth creation that older generations enjoyed. I thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 4: If that's going to continue to be true. I mean, houses are so expensive. Are they going to continue to go up over the next ten years the way they have historically?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 6: She'ez nobody knows, unknodding the whole crazy crazy low rates followed by much more historically normal rates. How does that go? How does that knot? Nobody knows for sure, And I could go. We don't have much time. I really want to talk about this, but I refuse to rush through it. I refuse.
Speaker 2: It's tremendous discipline you're showing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I got nothing to look forward to now that the Tyson Paul fight is over.
Speaker 2: I needs something on my calendar to look for.
Speaker 6: You need counseling and to be slapped hard, which is an odd combo. Here at Joe's brutal House of Counseling, we both validate your feelings and then punch you in the stomach for having them. Barbaric. I hear that you're feeling disappointed. I hear you say you have nothing to look forward to. Bamn right in the stomach.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 4: Happened to that? Look forward to it? Me and the kids on a Friday night to get around watch and get some food.
Speaker 2: Whatever. That's fun.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe Netflix will come up with another embarrassing and humiliating, a moral spectacle, thing and hard to watch. Maybe Christians being eaten by lions. I wish we could have gotten to this. An editorial in The New York Times written by a sixteen year old unless year a fourteen year old. Don't waste your time hour four. If you don't get it, grab it via podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty