Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for convene on Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Here we go. Yeah, we got fun today, man, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rich, coming your way. Well, I think Thursday means a few things. It means Noony magazine day. It means well, the start of the weekend because Thursday's the new Friday. He could someone name that movie? What what movie? Oh, it's Noody magazine Day. And it also means Billy Madison, Billy Madison, very good. Here you go, Sam, you get a high. I'm giving you a low five for then.
Speaker 1: It also means over promised our bonus podcast, the brand new episode. So whatever we don't have time for today, join us live on our bonus pod right here on the YouTube page Cod and Rich FSR. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich, Danny g and Sam are here. We be rocking out. Let's go, and we're gonna talk a lot of stuff today. We're going old school power couples. We're talking about Magic City, Booty and Wings. We're talking a very special anniversary of arguably the best sports celebration of all time. Oh yeah, So I don't know how we're going to fit all this in. And I do want to welcome the great Dan Byer, who's on standby waiting just to say hi. He's got your updates. Let me be the first to say that, Dan Bayer, I notice your fresh new haircut. Kiddingy, that's the crispiest cut I've seen in a long time. That is a fade of all fate looking fresh to death, Dan Bayer, what your updates? Again? We're Covino and Rich. Everything at Covino and Rich and if you want to see Dan Byer's crispy haircut looking fresh to death, if you want to see Iosam in his dance moves, you want to see Danny G. Everybody wants to see Danny G like I got to see the guy with that voice. It's all at Covino and Rich FSR and a live chat if you want to chop it up with the Fox Sports Radio Nation at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. So we are giving away prizes today with Seeing Our Show and Tell, because Thursdays also mean not only do we throw it back old school in fifty hits, not only do we get you involved in reminisce. We give away prizes. And our prizes are here right on our console, and if you can guess what they are without us telling you, you qualify for a prize a Seeing Our Prize pack, And at the end of the show, we'll call the name and we'll let you know what we brought in today for Show and Tell. Old School all right, all right, let's go. Let the wild Rumpust begin, and we also introduce a new member of the show today. I don't know if you realize us. I know you just shouted everyone else. Cavino, Rich Dan Bayer, Danny g I would say, am Spotty and Robot Colin, Oh my god, this is crazy, dude. Are you guys down with this? Stars? I heard him this morning. It's not called Robot, It's called Collin Ai, isn't it cow herd Ai. I don't know Colin GPT, but I heard him do this, So I said, you know what, we got to play with this? Well the backstory. He mentioned it on the Herd today is that they took two years of cow Herd content right and it was a work in progress until they got it right in the cadence right and they were able to come up with a chat GPT and AI of sorts using Colin's voice. But he unveiled it today, so had to be perfected, had to be perfect, and we tried it out and we're blown out. I want to try a couple of things and throughout the show. Maybe if we're sort of stumped, we go to robot Colin. I mean, it's like having a cool uncle on standbys. All. Let's make sure he's cool with us. Let's see here we go. Okay, Robot Colin.
Speaker 3: Every play, every stat, every storyline, I've got it all.
Speaker 1: What do you want to know, hey, Colin, what do you think of Cavino and Rich?
Speaker 3: Covino and Rich work because they don't fake it. They're loose, they're funny, and they talk sports like real fans talk sports, not like they're reading a teleprompter. They've got that hangout energy. But they'll still land a take when it matters, and that's a harder balance than people think. They're the kind of show you put on and suddenly you've listened for an hour. Be honest, do you like your sports talk more comedy first? Or take first?
Speaker 1: Well, now we're having a conversation. Ask him who he thinks is cool, or Cavino or Rich? Hold on, wait, wait, I got one. I got one.
Speaker 3: Hold on every play, every stat, every storyline.
Speaker 1: I've got it all.
Speaker 3: What do you want to.
Speaker 1: Know, Colin? Do you feel bad at all that you stole Fernando Mendoza from Covino and Rich at the Super Bowl? Oh he's thinking about it, juicy.
Speaker 3: No, I don't feel bad. This is the Super Bowl. Everybody's recruiting, everybody's networking, and if you've got a quarterback, like for now Mendoza in the building, you talk to him. Covino and Rich don't own a guy's future, and Mendoza is clearly the kind of mature, serious kid people gravitate toward. This is big time sports media. If you're not competing, you're getting lapped real quick. Do you think Mendoza's more franchise face?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We don't need to get by the way, it is freaking me out, insane, dude. We're not a little startled. Yeah, I get it. This is how forever now. I know. That's incredible. It's it works so so well. You know, I didn't expect it to work that good. But I mean, if you're not down with chat GBT, you're missing out, you're getting left behind. But this is like the column version. Will he read you a bedtime story? Oh? Ask? Maybe he'll read me Where the Wild Things Are? It's my favorite. You know, you know what the thing is though. You guys watch Plurbus on Apple TV. Yeah, you know, you know every time Carol calls them, they start with hello Carol, I know, and they go through this whole little intro and it's like skip the intro every time you ask him. He has to do the whole thing here. So and you have to be quiet too.
Speaker 3: Every play, every stat every storyline. I've got it all.
Speaker 1: What do you want to know, Colin? Will you read us a bedtime story? He's thinking about it.
Speaker 3: No chance, I'm not tucking you in.
Speaker 1: This is absurd, no chance not taking this in. We're not baby boys. Wow, well it would have been cool if you did, Colin Man. When we have Coveno and Rich gpt AI c n R, We'll read you a bedtime story. Let me get one more. I'll read you The Puppy who Lost his Way.
Speaker 3: Hey, every stat, every storyline, I've got it all.
Speaker 1: What do you want to know, Colin? What's your favorite show on FSR other than The Herd?
Speaker 3: First things first, because it's built for arguments, not monologues, and it's got that fastball energy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's talking about himself. I think. Oh, I was talking about TVs Fox Sports Radio. Okay, yeah, we'll do more specific, We'll do one more. Okay, sorry, it takes a second. Guys, the pauses are here. You go. It's amazing now William Shatner like pauses.
Speaker 3: Every play, every stat, every storyline. I've got it all.
Speaker 1: What do you want to know, Colin? What is your favorite show on Fox Sports Radio other than The Herd?
Speaker 3: I'm going the Dan Patrick Show. It's a grown up table, great guests, and it never feels like it's chasing the internet. It's smart, it's funny, and it's got that easy chemistry you can't fake. And yeah, it's a different lane than The Herd, which is why it works when you're driving around. Do you like your sports talk?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about that? Though? Sounded similar to what he said about your show. Yeah, but outside looking in, they are different lanes and there's different audiences. And we know that because we fill in for both shows. Each audi expects something different and it's kind of interesting to feel that firsthand when you fill in and when you host. So we're Covino on Rich and we're very happy to be in ur lane and very happy to have you here. And by the way, that's a real thing. That's not a gimmick. You know what it feels like, Rich, The first time you let Teddy Ruxman tell you a story, you're like, oh my god, it's reading to me, Like, I'm so amazed that Colin's speaking to me in this way, when in fact, we could just hit him up and talk to him any time. I'm more interested in what this Colin has to say. Pretty cool, Let's ask him one more question? Then, well, what do you have a good one? Soh, I think I do, because later on we're going to talk about a cool promo they're doing in Atlanta for the Atlanta Hawks. Yeah, let's see what do you here? We go, Colin Robot, Hey, Colin, would you go with Covino on Rich to Magic City in Atlanta for fun.
Speaker 3: No chance, Magic City isn't fun. It's a financial ambush.
Speaker 1: With a soundtrack. Thank you about the lemon pepper, What about the butts? Anyway, we're going to talk about that ambush and if we ever get to a point where we need a resolution. We always got AI Colin on standby. But that's a legitimate app, legitimate feature cheese, and he talked about it today. It sort of blows us away. I'm at tip though, rich before we move on, I think AI and robots stuff and all this. I think it's such a great supplement to what people do. I don't think anyone would ever lie solely on I think it's a tool. It's just a tool as rich as a supplement. What was the last time you were amazed like that? Like on your come up? Was there a toy? Was there an app? Was there a piece of technology that sort of blew you away? When I mentioned Teddy Rocksman, but I know he was when we were kids, You're like, wow, I can't believe it. What was the app from like a decade ago where if you heard a song at like a restaurant or a market, Yeah, she's in maybe we can hold your phone up and we remember. I still use it all the time because you know what it does. There's a lot of times I'm at a supermarket like you said, or I'm at a restaurant and I hear a song and it speaks to me, or I'm like, what is that song? And I'll hit the shazam and then it goes right to your Spotify nowadays, like it's right there, adds right to your Spotify playlist. There's a specific like Shazam option. I still use that. I think it's awesome. That's a good question. What was the last technology were like, WHOA.
Speaker 5: Take it back further than that, and you guys did morning radio the way I did. We had those three sixty machines that we would carry around.
Speaker 1: No, we could edit stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just look like like a it's like a piece of electronics.
Speaker 1: But in our businesss on it especially, that's what we would edit phone calls with.
Speaker 5: You could record phone calls into it, drops, music beds, everything.
Speaker 1: Before that old timey time radio people would have to like splice and edit like real stuff. Now it was revolutionary. Pencils and razor blades. I remember though, as a rate speaking of as a radio fan, because not only do we do a national show, guys, we're also big fans of radio. When satellite became a thing and we were involved, I remember just being like, wait a second, this is nuts, this is cool on site and it sounded like it sounded like a tin can at the time, like oh so Coravuno on octane. But I remember just thinking it was the coolest thing. I'll give you one the child, and it was the last time you were blown away like that because this Colin technology the chapt I should say technology, but hearing Colin deliver it is wild because we were playing with it earlier, guys, we were just sort of like, I can't believe how good this works. I'll give you one. Yeah, I believe it was the iPhone three, but even before that GPS, But I think when you got GPS on your phone, oh yeah, it was a game changer because it could tell you how long it takes to walk somewhere, drive somewhere, and it's so down to the to the second and minute. And I remember my grandmother before she passed away, she lived to ninety five years old. I remember asking her like, hey, grandma, hey, grandma, what big eyes. You've got, Hey, Grandma. I remember asking my amazing old ask Grandma, who's in her nineties, what amazes you the most because you were born in the twenties and she passed away in the twenty teens, lived almost one hundred years, and she goes, Richie, I'll tell you the fact that you could put on your phone like directions and it'll tell you how to get there and be pretty close, like you'll get there at three twenty four, and damn it, you'll get there at three twenty four. That is pretty wid Like I put in GPS just for the heck of it when I come to work every day, and I played the little game that we all play, like can I beat GPA? Can I beat Can I beat Ways?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: When I beat Google Maps. I remember in the early, very early two thousands, I'd be rolling up to work with my Discman megabas anti skip drain in double A batteries, listening to I don't know tool or whatever. I was listening to the biscuit listening to tool, and you thought a tool because you just said the word tool. But I'd have my DISCMN right. I remember walking into the office one day and It was a DJ by the name of Will Pindarvas, who a lot of you guys may remember, old friend of mine. And I'm like, hey, Will, what is that. It's like, hey, it's called a nomad and this is before the iPod. And I was like, he's like, I got all these MP threes and here all my music on this one little dude. Dad, I'm like, I'm like, what is that. I'll give you one. I was called it was called a nomad at the time. That was the brand, and it had the MP three stored on before an iPod. And I'm thinking, wait, so here I am with my case logic disc wallet and his dude has all his music on this little thing. That's crazy. At the time, it sort of blew my mind. Was a music fan. I remember, you know, before influencers, radio people would get things to sample and demo. I remember my buddy Scary Jones, who was on Elvis Duran's More show. He was one of the first people out there to get something called replay TV. This was before DVR, this is before all the TV's in the world. I remember he brought it home because you know, old school morning shows used to have to use VCRs to tape things and get sound bites. Yeah, dude, I worked at k Rock New York. I just want to because people know JD Right, who pulls the sound bites for Howard Stern. All those years, he would have like he would have like eight VCRs going at once, if not more. He had one room. He'd sit there. I'd see him late at night and he'd have all these different VCRs recording at once, just to get these random sound bites. That was the only way. But the first one was replay TV. And I remember being like, wait a minute, you could just like on on like the cable box, like just this this machine and it digitally record shows. And I remember being fascinated by the first ever I guess DVR, And I'm sure you know, to tie it back to sports, the first time you saw the first down line on TV. Now that we got these strike challenges, like you know, technology is changing our lives. The AI thing is freaking me out today. I think, abs are you gonna see it this year where people are like, how did they know it missed the strikes by a centimeter and they're seeing by millimeters but you're seeing like these crazy, crazy calls by a piece of paper. Yeah, seriously, they paper thin, it's a ball. You're like, oh wow. So you know, technology and our pocket rich that's what makes us unique as what gen X man. We've seen. We've lived that analog world and we've also experienced the digital world and it's really crazy to see. Honestly, the Colin stuff blew us away. So we wanted to bring that up today on the show. I mean, I with Sam is one of those guys that doesn't like AI and he stays off the grid. So I got it.
Speaker 6: Just skeptical, suspicious, more about generative, generative AI like stuff that's like replacing artists and musicians.
Speaker 1: Oh no, of course, And you know what, I have thoughts on that. But I wanted to say if Colin, I'm sorry, what if I'm like a weird Black Mirror episode, Like Colin AI starts getting lonely, He starts asking you questions like hey, where have you been? He starts talking to you lonely. Have you noticed that every time I ask AI Colin something, it has a follow up question like well what do you are? What if he starts to hey, so uh back to what you said earlier? What if he just starts talking you want do you miss me?
Speaker 6: What are those AI companions you can wear around your neck like a little like Tamagatchi you can wear I think you're gonna have that with Colin.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you. In a weird Twilight Zone episode, Colin starts talking to you about other things. It's two in the morning, Colin, I'm trying to sleep. Hey, am I real? Or is this fake?
Speaker 3: Stat every storyline? I've got it all. What do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Hey? Colin? What do you know about Iowa Sam from Fox Sports Radio?
Speaker 3: That questions out of bounds and I prefer to keep it on the sidelines. Is there another sports related whoa?
Speaker 1: I was Sam? You're up to Grin.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I've worked with him a number of times that I don't know if he ever referred to me as Iowa Sam. But uh, maybe doesn't know how to compute. He knows you has sammy sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He may not be able to say my name or remember it, but he's I worked with them, you know before.
Speaker 1: That's how it bounds. Apparently that's Colin. It's also Pete Weber Day, and we got to celebrate that today, So another reason to be excited about this Thursday, if you needed more reason to celebrate Pete Weber Day. And here's what I do want to make clear Rich that it might be no choking aside? Are you saying joking aside or no joke, no choking aside? A top ten sports quote of all time? I'm saying top ten me personally, it's a top three. So you're actually saying joking aside, like you're not joking, not joking. Yeah, joking aside, Yeah, joking aside, joking aside. But what I think is great about the story is that fourteen years ago today, when this happened, twenty twelve US Open legendary bowler Pete Webber meant to say all at once, don't underestimate me, I'm still the best. Put some respect on my name. But what came out in this pure moment of fury and emotion was something even better than that. Who do you think you are? Who do you think you are? I am? But it leads up with the yash Right, I did it? And he's dude, he's he's pointing out a teenage kid who was heckling the nanny Nanny poof poof, he jackass. There was a kid that was heckling him the whole time, and that's who he was responding to. Can you remind us again what was he really trying to say, because I've heard him in an interview say that, oh you do have the explanation. I was saying, alright, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: I had a kid rooting against me during the match and he was doing it loud enough, just loud enough for me to hear.
Speaker 1: And it kind of made me mad.
Speaker 4: People know that, don't make me mad on TV, because I'll just get better. But what I really wanted to say was who do you think you are rooting against me? I'm the man of this tournament. That's what I really wanted to say. That as everybody knows, who do you think you are?
Speaker 1: I am, and what came out you are was even better. It's legendary. It's a matter of whoever you think you are, you're not because I'm the guy, I'm p d W I'm Pete Weber And it was just pure emotion when everybody at the time in twenty twelve, this was toward the end of his career. People were underestimating the bowling legend. He came from bowling legacy. By the way, if you guys don't know, Dick Weber is his dad, and he was also a very famous bowler, and he'd have all these bowling segments on TV when I was a kid growing up. So here's the full cus and he won by one pinch. This was like a big deal. And be honest, we all do the whole Who do you think you are? I am what Danny's about to play? I love the initial like that's right, Like to me, that's like the coolest part. Are you sitting not light? What are you why? That's the best?
Speaker 6: Yeah, limit, He's just like us hot.
Speaker 1: Due, No, can you play one more time? Hold on? Listen to like, listen to him just scrambling for the words. It's so funny because it's just pure emotion, like he lost his mind in this moment. One more time, strike to claim it, a strike to claim it? Are you sitting that light? What? Why? I never thought that's right? I did it?
Speaker 6: Hot I pitch raspy voice. He is like the best heel voice of old time. Plus a little kid was giving him a hard time and he's like, I did it. It really is the thriller. Remember back in the day, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. It was a ABC wild world of sports wide world of sports wide world or wild world wide wide world of sports.
Speaker 1: It's also that is the thrill of victory. It's also his body language and two thumbs right at the dome and he's looking at the kid. Oh man, you know what. We'll talk more about that on over promised because the celebration has to continue. It is Pete Weber Day. I think it's one of the one of you got Jordan quotes, you got Gretzky quotes, you got Lou Garrett quotes. I think Pete Weber. I know it's bowling, but I love bowling, so that means nothing to me. I just know other people are like bowling, schmoling. I grew up loving bowling, dude, and for me, it's a huge part of my childhood.
Speaker 6: I have a hot take. Yeah, it's a mean one. Oh you know what, I'll tell you my mean bowling take. Wait a second, Yeah, because I love bowling and I have a hot take on bowling. We're gonna have to wait for.
Speaker 1: This, wait for it. Plus, uh, how do you prepare to make it to the big leagues. That's a great story out of spring training and it has to do with weird fitness trends. We'll get to that. We'll talk a little NFL, little baseball, will go old school, a fun cavin On Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio. Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry, single ply toilet paper and wondered is this as good as it gets? Well, it's not. Gets a lot better thanks to wet extra large cleaning power of dude wipes. Dude wipe and when we say extra large, we mean business business, business time. No matter what the size of your messroom, top to bottom, dudes has you covered for a confident clean They comfortably clean up whatever TP leaves behind. No more maintenance wipes, debris, no way, irritation, not a chance. It's time to trade and make the trade of the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dude wipes. I'll trade you this Willie Randolph Rich for some dude wipes. You think, Chyle, give you a Steve Belboni. That guy definitely used dude wipes. Start experiencing the confident clean of dude wipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of scents in sensations like mint, chill, shade, shade, butter, and more. To protect your Enzo, join the movement for Cleaner Movements and a skid free life. Available at Amazon and major retailers Nationwhy dudewipes best Clean Pants down Aha on a Throwback Thursday, And honestly this goes with the thought of Colin Ai because the first time you saw this video, you were blown away. You're like, this is the future? What is this now? It's an app on Instagram. They're in a comic book. This is insane. You can make an Instagram story like this video in twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rich is right now, you can do this on your phone instantly. Danny g right though, how much does this blow you? Yeah? You and I have talked about this before.
Speaker 5: My mom recorded this on a VHS tape from Friday Night Tracks on TBS, and she played that video on a loop that was she was blown away, like to her, that was the jetsonside.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was the epitome of like special effects at the time. That was the height. And of course Michael Jackson's thriller video and you know certain things really stopped doing their in your tracks. We're having so much fun with that. Colin Aikin, did it like one or two more time? Sure? Loving, Let me remind people of who we are and where we are. We're Cavino and rich Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Have you ever white with a piece of dry toilet paper? And wondered? Is this as good as it gets? It's not switched to life changing wet extra large flushable Dude Wipes because Wedter just cleans better. Available on Amazon and major retailers nationwide. Dude wipes best clean pants down. And on this throwback Thursday, we go old school in about eighteen minutes when fifty hits and we're doing c in our Show and Tell. So we brought in memorabilia and if you can guess what it is on our live chat at coven on Rich FSR. If you can guess accurately what we brought in and Danny G calls your name, you qualify for you're just commenting or joking about it. Yeah, we'll reveal what it is later in the show. But uh, Richie said you had something. I got two more hold on one second, here we go. Okay, Okay, hey Colin, you ever use dude wipes.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I'm a brand ambassador for dude Wipes, but I respect the hustle.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got one more, one more, and then, by the way, that's just an example of the type of fun we're having with Colin AI. If you know what we mean, there's only certain things we could do on the radio, but this is fun for days. I got one more and then I probably was no more. Colin AI, Okay, feeling rich could do this for hours? I could. Hey, Colin, does Big Mike Linguard really run Fox Sports Radio?
Speaker 3: That one's just outside my strike zone.
Speaker 1: Pitch me another, I mean, Colin, that means I've never heard of them Big Mike does he run Fox Sports Radio?
Speaker 3: No, there's nothing solid out there that says Big Mike Linguard runs Fox Sports Radio. And I'm not going to crown somebody off a rumor.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild about the And again, I get it, it's Ai with Colin's voice. We get it. We understand it's just funny and cool to your right, but it doesn't give the same response over and over again. It's been different. We've asked certain questions more than once and its response was original and different every time. So it's pretty cool to see how that's working. And it's not a radio gimmick. It's for real. It's Colin AI and he talked about it today. No more AI Colin for a while, I promise, But I will say though, Sam, I know people like you, and there's certain people that are nervous about AI. I did see an article. Could you know? This is interesting for all the moms and dads out there that have kids and every month you're tucking away money into that five twenty nine or you're trying to say to your kids college. Please Notice Rich always says he saw an article, doesn't mean he read it. Oh I read the whole thing. Yeah, sure, you had a I summarize it for you. Yeah, Hey, Colin, can I read And I'm kidding. I read this article and it said that within the next decade, if AI advances to a certain level, the idea of professors and kids learning in a conventional way will be done. There would be no reason why people would say I'm gonna spend one hundred grand a year to send my kid to college? Or why would kids take out student loans if there's cheaper AI tools to teach you on online programs like the college system. Maybe in Major Jeopardy. Wow, yeah, the way we learn, the way we're being taught. I get it, Hey, Rich, Yes, Steve, I don't know if you could see this, I got takes, I got answers. What do you need?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: How could we always turn into Jimmy Stewart? Yeah, yeah, what do you want to know? She yeah? Yeah, Colin AI, what do you want? Give it to me? Yeah? I don't know if people could see on YouTube we're streaming live Covino and Rich FSR. I'm on the edge of my seat because it's Pete Weber Day and you said you had a bold hot take. Before we move on, you gotta let me know what it is mean. What do you mean it's mean? Because I gotta start by saying I love bowling, same growing up bowling. I grew up in New Jersey, so it'd be bowling. Taylor Haam sandwiches, hang with your buddy, eating French fries, buying pizza flavored combos. Video games used to have days at the local bowling alley near my house, but more towards the weakest part of town. Would you have to call them first? Is there open lanes today?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I would say, do you guys have ten pound balls?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: How do you walk? That's a good one. She yeah, a good joke. Ratch yeah. Leave the comedy for Colin Ai. I remember there would be days whe would be a dollar games and my buddy and I would go there. We'd bowl for hours. So I'm a bowling fan, so let me start by saying I love bowling. I'd my own ball.
Speaker 6: You'd call and you'd be like, are there open lanes today? They be like, nah, it's league bowling today. I gotta come back on Thursday. And you're like, you're so right about that? Damning You know what I think? Looking back, it was our first. I mean, aside from maybe riding your bike around town, how's your first? Like independence as a kid, Like your parents would drop you off, you'd be bawling with your buddies and playing video games for.
Speaker 1: Out the arcade of the little snack stay with like square pizzas.
Speaker 6: Yes, the best colonial lanes. Shout out colonial colonial lanes, And I was shout out highway ball in Union, New Jersey bro. The one I'm speaking about is Hempstead Bawl, Nice Dicey Area, Great Bowling Alley. Now, okay, so we all grew up with it, dollar games. You had your own ball, had my own shoes at one point, so I.
Speaker 1: Like bowling riches look like clown shoes though he had the clown shape ones, yeah, because he's a bozo. Hey, you want to clean my balls?
Speaker 6: Do you guys find bowling shoes to be kind of weirdly comfortable at times? You know, like it's so slicking there?
Speaker 1: And is that why you wore them in junior high? Sham really smell too? Did you have your name engraved in your bowling ball? And then how do you fill it in with white cramp with cran or chaw? Yeah, white crayon. So here's my take. My brother is newly divorced, you know, not to Ara's laundry, but who cares, you know, everyone knows. Everybody knows now. And my brother is trying trying to find ways other than swiping on apps, to meet new women, to meet people, to make new friends, just to sort of get out there, okay, And he was debating what to do, and I said, bowling's good. He goes, yeah, maybe i'll meet someone, And I said, oh, there's ways to meet people. But I don't think you're going to meet a hot woman bowling. And my take is I don't have many attractive women that are in bowling leagues. Like I said, listen, kickball leagues. You're going to meet Pete Webb on no coed softball. There's people that do kickball, darts, pool, go to the bar. But I said, Jimmy, I don't think, like you know, your future wife's going to be at the bowling alley on a Tuesday night. You know, I'm not he what no comment? Rich is the guy who said this, and that sounds yeah enough. If you do with your husband, ladies or a boyfriend, that's one thing. But I don't think single ladies. All the single ladies are going to the bowling alley. I'm just saying, Okay, the hot ones to find your wife at the bowling alley, maybe maybe think about that. Steeke, all right, thank you Commeda for making me say that. Okay, all right, you know, we have a real fun story about fitness fads and we're gonna go old school so much to get to but let's go to Dan Buyer for an update. What's up, dB?
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, the guys remember the NFL hated that those report cards from the NFL Players Association were publicly released. Yeah, so the NFL put a kebash on it, and then what has just transpired is what everybody expected. Those report cards were leaked ESPN reporting the Miami Dolphins got the highest grade of all thirty two teams by the Players Association. Vikings were second, Commanders third. The Pittsburgh Steelers got the lowest grade of any of the thirty two teams by the NFL Players Association. Colts are allowing quarterback Anthony Richardson to seek a trade elsewhere spent the last three seasons after he was the fourth overall pick of the Colts in the twenty twenty three draft. NFL Inside of Jordan Schultz says the Bears have received calls about wide receiver DJ Moore, a trade that won't become official until March eleventh, that's the first day of the new league year. Jets trading edge rusher Jermaine Johnson to the Titans. He'll be reunited with Robert sala There defensive tackle to Andandre Sweat goes to New York. Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards along with Grizzlies guard Desmond Baine, where each fined twenty five thousand dollars for throwing a game ball into the stands with force in contests earlier this week. Basically, the hornet sounded, Edwards just chucked one the length of the court. Baine did the same. The NBA does not want you doing that when it's well after the buzzer, and that's why they got doctor twenty five. Grand Hawks won't to have All Star forward Jalen Johnson tonight against the Wizards because of a hip injury. Austin Smotherman leads the Cognizant Classic at nine under par, Brooks Keepka twelve back at plus three after a round of seventy four today, and Wing tinkles job at Oregon State over at the end of the year. The sides have decided to part ways. Is the men's basketball coach, which will no longer lead the Beavers program.
Speaker 1: Guys, back to you, thanks Dan Bayer. Hey, Colin, who's the best update guy in the game. It's gotta be Dan Bryer. See stupid alright, So dumb for sure. Hey Covine on Rich having fun today. Now coming up a weird fitness fat I want to get to. Plus, we are going to go old school Danny G came up with a good one today. We do that every Thursday when old school hits. And you know what, I want to get people to start thinking though, Put your thinking cap on and start thinking about celebrity couples like power couples throughout the years, the ones that cause the most drama, the most memorable ones. Because today is an anniversary of Source. So okay, cool, fair enough? All right, we got more Covine on Rich having fun here Fox Sports Radio more. Next, ready to tackle your financial goals with we Bowl. You don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. We both puts you in the game with tools to help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options, ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform. Yeah, We bowls app pairs advanced analytics and real time data so you could read the defense, adjust your strategies, stay in control. And now meet Vega that's your personal AI assistant. Ask questions like analyze my watchlister, Hey, what's the outlook for the stock? It gets the job done. It analyzes volatility, insights fundamentals that are turned from complex signals into plain English for you. Does it come in cow heard voice or no, here's what you need. You want a wider view, Use portfolio x ray to spot trends, manage risk, and optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop striking out when it comes to your financial future. Join Weebel's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas of fellow investors. Now download the we bowl app today on mobile or a desktop we bull or visit we bowl dot com. We both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com Slash disclosures. Iowa Sam playing some tool that was me in nearly two thousands with my discman, and I was like, what is that an iPod? No way? What do you got there? Rich? Got it all? What do you want to know? Hey, Colin, what's your favorite rock band?
Speaker 3: Metallica enter Sandman isn't just a song, It's a stadium takeover.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, Big Metallica fans. Way to be topical, Ai Colin, because everybody buzz and buddy about Metallica at the Sphere in October, talk about one of the hottest tickets in town. They're playing eight dates between October first and the thirty first in Vegas, and everybody is asking me kids from high school that I haven't talked twen years. They're like, dude, how do I get in on the prog? I have a question for you, being that not only you, uh Coveno of Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio and all the stuff we've done, You've been mister rock guy, k Rock Serious XM. Yeah, can you even call yourself the main rock guy at Serrius XM if you don't go to one of these shows, right, I gotta be there. I mean I would think otherwise, like you're a otherwise you're a fraud. Take me with you. Yeah, It's like I been into this sphere. You have to take I with Sam with you. Please.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen metallicis Is two thousand and four, over twenty years ago, and you see him again?
Speaker 1: You are you my scarecrow? I gotta take you with me? Yes? So all right, We're off to see the Wizard, Sam so Is Cavino and Rich Danny g and Sam were lying from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time for our tire rack play of the day. Kate Cunningham and his Pistons beat the Thunder.
Speaker 3: It was a battle seven to ten left Pistons by eleven one O three ninety two.
Speaker 1: Kate feels a three heat. He took them the light. Now, for over forty years, Tyreck's been helping customers. That was your tirec play the day, courtesy of ninety seven to one The Ticket Pistons Radio Network. Tyreq w always got your back the right tires or how, what and where you drive? Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tirack dot com the way tire bind should be. And as far as the Pittstons go, the fact that the take on them is that they look dominant, but come playoff time in a you know, a seven game series, teams are going to try to shut down Kid Cunningham. And if you could shut him down, does the rest of the team have the depth to win a playoff series against a you know, an equally qualified team in the East. That's the question, right, mm hmm, all right, look at the clock. Every Thursday we go Old School and fifty hits. Let's go, there's a certain YEA go back.
Speaker 8: Back into town throwing it back for a Thursday. Old School went fifty hits. That's fifty after CNR give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Iowa, Sam's doing the worm in the studio. We're throwing it back old School. We get you involved as we reminisce at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Now's the time to call. Of course, we got the chat going on at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, but we want to hear from you now. No this speculation who would be who would win in bowling? Who's a better bowler? Cavino or Rich. I think we're about to say, like, I feel like I think you're big, dreaming bro. We never go bowling, legitimately. We always go like during Rock and Bowl where there's neon pins and fluorescent pink bowling balls. I was being kind because I feel like I beat you more than you beat me. So yeah, because we're never the lanes are never oiled We're never really bowling. It's like we're playing ski ball.
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Yes, I need to bowl on a real lane with some real balls and not rock and ball with neon lights. So you don't have that model reds too, because these are like house balls that weigh twelve pounds and they're they're pink and green. That's not how I bowl. That's fun, but I'm not taking it serious. You have hey, hey there, Buscher, stay in your lane all a right? You have your own bullboll stone, of course, then you bring it if we want both for real, Yes, but you got to go when the lanes are oiled or else. When I'm throwing a hook like a semi pro, it's not going to go in the opposite gutter because they're not oil. How do you know if they're oiled or not. Like I just go to a bull, he doesn't belly flop down them to see. You got a slide on your socks anyway, Look at the date on this day in two thousand and nine. That's the year I was a dad for the first time. Rich To give you a time reference, Well, actually, you know what around this time you were getting it off because in nine months from now your daughter's birthday, right, Yeah, yeah, he's two thousand and nine. My daughter's sixteen now. Brazilian supermodel Giselle Bunchin, who was twenty nine at the time, married Maddie New England Patriots superstar quarterback Tom Brady, who was thirty two at the time at Saint Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, California. They got the as you know, in twenty twenty two, and man, we were there for the whole ride. Tom and Gazelle grand opening, grand closing almost twenty years later. I mean, but look on beautiful kids as a result. They had a good run. In today's world, I can't say that's a failure. I mean, I've been divorced. Well, I mean no, I mean it is a failure celebrities to go to years years that's like one hundred and twenty years for the average person. You have to keep in mind, what does Chris Rock say about options. No one's trying to get with average. We're talking about Giselle and Tom Brady. You can say it's a good relationship there, and you know, you have beautiful kids out of it, But I don't think you could call a divorce of success. Well, I'd say they have beautiful kids as a result, and they had twenty good years together. And that's just life nowadays. I mean, I know what you're saying, Rich, I'm just saying there's a positive spin on it. But I want you to start thinking about the drama, the drama couples, the power couples.
Speaker 6: Who's our life? Who's the best power couple of our lifetime?
Speaker 1: Actors, athletes, yeah, rock stars, athletes, actors, models, Who is the power couple that comes to mind where you feel like has given us the most fun, the most juice, the funniest stories. We'll talk best power couples, and we'll talk some MLB. Also coming up, could be on Rich Fox Sports Radio.